All hotels in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2170 Lincoln AvenueMontrealQCH3H2N5Canada, ‏‎855-239-9485

Ordinary pool
  • Wellness Area
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"First weekend in Montreal."
Traveling with friends to the city this hotel did not have low ratings and I chose to go with them for our weekend stay. The staff is very friendly and extremely helpful with whatever we needed. It is in a quite yet central-ish part of town so it made traveling quite easy. This hotel did not disappoint and would recommend it for anyone. Free breakfast in the morning was great with plenty of options.
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott Montreal Westmount
Dear Jason, Your review is greatly appreciated! You are correct, we are located in a quiet residential area but still downtown. The closest metro is a short 5 minute walk and only 2 stops away from the heart of the downtown area. It is always great to hear that our staff are helpful, we will be sure to pass along the comments. We are glad to know that the complimentary breakfast and it's wide variety was to your liking. Thank you again for the kind words and we are honored to have been chosen as the hotel for your first weekend in Montreal. Sincerely, Management
2 night trip with friends Jan 3, 2015
"Not the complete bang for your buck"
Seamless check in procedure. Friendly staff, the light dinner reception was a nice addition. Breakfast buffet was outstanding! When you are paying almost $200/ night parking should be included! The pool was way too cold to enjoy, being in Canada during the winter months I feel the pool should be an added bonus and kept at a warm temperature so that it can be enjoyed. The hotel has 2 saunas but they are far from the pool area which should not be the case and my hotel key did not work to open the door. Upon leaving the parking garage my hotel key would not work so the desk agent came to help and her key would not work. After about 100 tries another guest came and used his hotel card which worked. The staff was knowledgeable about what the city has to offer. When paying $200.00/night one should experience all that the hotel has to offer and that experience should be superb which in this case this hotel falls a bit short of superb
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
Janet
"GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY"
it was marvellous and the best hotel in montreal
20 night business trip Nov 1, 2014
STEVEN
"FANTASTIC HOTEL"
MARVELLOUS PROPERTY AND AN UNBEATABLE EXPERIENCE
20 night business trip Nov 1, 2014
STEVEN
"Friendly, clean and good breakfast!"
The staff was extremely pleasant and courteous. The building although older is very well kept. Finally the free breakfast is tremendous!
1 night business trip Oct 19, 2014
"Excellent Service"
Not only was the services offered by the hotel excellent, put the staff was extremely helpful in many aspects. Their professionalism was outstanding!
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Eileen
Everything was great except for the fact that our room's heater was broken. They gave us a small heater fan that did not do anything! We asked if they can move us but they said the hotel was booked. We then asked for their sister hotels where maybe they can transfer us the manager said "the whole town is booked!". When we said we are considering leaving, they said they can't reimburse us or even give us a discount for our stay because we booked thru hotels.com. Other than that, good breakfast, good location and very clean!
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott Montreal Westmount
Thank you for sharing your comments with us and other travelers. We are terribly sorry the heating system wasn’t working well in your room. We have corrected this issue and hope that you will consider staying with us in the future.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
"Close to sightseeing sites"
Easy check in and check out, clean and comfortable room, comfortable bed. The elevators were a little slow. It is a good hotel for everyone who does not want to spend too much on a hotel stay, but wants comfortable accommodations. The hotel is located in a close proximity to all major sightseeing attractions and shopping. There are plenty of restaurants in the vicinity of the hotel.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
We really enjoyed our stay at the Residence Inn. I was attending a workshop while also visiting family in the area. The rooms are like a small apartment with a separate living room, bedroom and small kitchen. It wasn't super fancy, but was clean and comfortable and the beds were new (and quite comfortable). Breakfast was great - much more extensive than your typical hotel breakfast. It included the typical bagels, toast, waffles, etc., but also a selection of eggs, potatos, sausage, etc., that changed every day. The pool on the roof was nice and deep, with a beautiful view, and just right for stretching out during our stay. The neighborhood was perfect for us as it was close to where our family lives, but even if it wasn't there's a lot going on with shops and restaurants around the corner and not too far from downtown.
4 night trip Oct 5, 2014
"Nice apartmental hotel."
Nice hotel. With facilities and free wifi and near diwntown and metro station
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
mohamed kamel
"Exceeded expectations!"
It's always a bit daunting when you book a hotel online, wondering if it will meet your expectations. I felt it exceeded my expectations. The rooms were spacious, staff friendly and accommodating. The breakfast offered a large variety of different foods. The staff seemed willing and ready to help you in any way that they could.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Mary-Ann
"Great location near St. Cathrine's Street"
Hotel was great, check-in was easy, plenty of garage parking, rooms were comfortable and the living rooms and kitchenettes were great. Hotel staff went out of their way to be helpful, and the complementary breakfast was a lot more than what you usually find! Hotel even let us keep our cars in the garage for the day of checkout until 5pm with no additional charge! The only point against it is the elevators, they are small and there's only two for the entire building 20+ floors, so wait times could be a hassle sometimes, especially with 6 of us. Otherwise the hotel was great. Balconies for all the rooms is a nice addition as well.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Will
I called and made reservations for three couples and was informed that only two bedroom units were available but that there were two bathrooms in each unit so I took two units only to find out that there was only one bathroom per unit. I would not have booked it if I had known this and would appreciate a partial refund.
2 night trip Sep 17, 2014
"Nice Hotel, Great Location, Excellent Staff"
This residence hotel has rooms with full kitchenettes, ample space, and pleasant lay outs. The kitchenettes have a full array of dishes, pots and pans, a microwave, and dishwasher. There are several quality supermarkets two or three blocks away, so I found myself preparing meals and making far greater use of the kitchenettte than I had expected. This was a hotel to which I enjoyed returning every night at the end of a day's work. The building is solid, rooms are quiet, and the staff are both pleasant and efficiently professional. There's a fitness center on the upper (penthouse) level with a fine little pool and treadmills for jogging. The neighborhood is casual, diverse, and fun. I stayed for six nights, and felt as if I were in a pleasant personal apartment, not an impersonal hotel. It was one of the most pleasant stays I have ever had in a reasonably priced hotel (residential or otherwise) in a major North American city. This is a very nice hotel -- I recommend it highly.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Rob
"Comfortable hotel near downtown Montreal"
The hotel is near downtown Montreal and Mount Royal, which made it easy to move around town. The staff were friendly. There was no parking at the hotel, we had to park a couple of blocks away, which was a bit inconvenient. The room was nice and spacious, with a full kitchen. Breakfast was a very complete buffet. Our main complaint, and I think most guests would agree, is that the elevators are insufficient for the quantity of rooms in the hotel. We had to wait for an extremely long time before we could get on the elevator - we even walked down the 12 floors to the lobby a couple of times when we didn't have any luggage to carry.
1 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
CONVINIENT,NEAR THE OLD MONTREAL CENTER,CLEAN ROOMS,VERY NICE .EVEVATOR LITTLE BIT OF A CHALENGER.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
The front desk clerk was very helpful and was great to assist us with our visit in Montreal.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Unbelievable that the hotel charges extra for outside parking for larger SUVs. Because the SUVs don't fit in their low garage, they offer an outside parking lot but for an extra $20.00 per day. So the daily room rate, for guests with SUVs is actually $20.00 extra. BEWARE.
4 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Ana
"Will return!"
For us it was just what we needed. Practical, clean, well located ... If not luxurious. We travel to Montreal a lot with two college students there, and having a place where we can make our own meals and feel almost at home is important. The staff is awesome and attentive. Really perfect for us.
5 night business trip Aug 2, 2014
"Montreal Vacation"
the hotel was near to the Metro station of Atwater, but very far from the Greyhound Bus terminal from where we came and left Montreal. It was one of the must have, that I specified with the hotel.com agent who responded to my call. Room is clean with lots of amenities. Hotel location - far from most of the interesting sights, i.e. Old Montreal. The hotel staff was great, very informative and helpful.
2 night family trip Jul 23, 2014
Great location. Green pool that the kids couldn't swim in.
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott Montreal Westmount
Dear traveler, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property with us and other members. We are terribly sorry you didn't get a chance to enjoy the pool. I want to assure you that the pool isn't in fact green because of a problem with the water but because it was not painted blue. We have received this concern in the past and we were alarmed and ran all the necessary water test and invited professional to evaluate the quality of our water. Everything is normal, it is just the color we painted the pool that gives it the appearance of being green. I would also like to mention that we have a procedure in place that has a maintenance agent verify the pool morning, afternoon and evening 7 days a week. Thank you for bringing the other concerns to our attention, we will definitely look into them. I will admit, some of us have seen the exhibition at the Museum and it truly is beautiful. Sincerely,
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
"Do not expect Marriott standards from this place."
I am pretty loyal customer and If I like the place I definitely come back. Well, The Marriott Residence Inn will not be on my list. The hotel price was a bit high. The breakfast ( You can eat it twice: 'First and a last Time'. Rooms are grey and appliances are old. If you do not care about all of the above and the price is acceptable you will be ok there.
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott Montreal Westmount
Dear Mr Gary, We thank you for sharing your comments with us, we understand that the breakfast did not satisfy your needs; would it be possible to share more details, we are always open to new ideas and suggestion. We always try our best to accommodate our guest’s different needs. Our rooms got a facelift 2 years ago and our appliances were changed during that period, we are deeply apologetic that they seem old to you. Again, we apologize our property wasn’t up to your satisfaction. Sincerely, Management
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
The room, food, and staff were great, as was the location. The only drawback was that the hotel used to be a residential building, and there are only 2 residential-grade elevators to serve 20 floors, so it often took a while to get an elevator. But that was a minor inconvenience considering everything else.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Lee
"excellent value for money in all respects"
Had a very enjoyable stay. Really cannot think of any neg. comments at all.Room, front desk staff, location and the complimentary breakfast were all way above expectation. Will definitely book again at the next opportunity.
2 night trip Jun 26, 2014
Jimmy M
"great location"
Walking distance to downtown, McGill, Art museum, and Metro station. But hotel is relatively old and condition can be improved. The toilette in our suite constantly runs water.
4 night family trip Jun 22, 2014
We have been in number of marriot residence inn before. But non of them was like this one. I would say the hotel location was good in almost main street with good neighberhood. Room was clean but we book suit with 2 rooms and kitchen. Apartment was way old with small size Tv. Bathroom was small with no ventilation and most of the stuff in room way outdated.. Breakfast with limited number of choices. Parking is not avalible for large size car in the building. I had to park in the nearby public parking. 3 min walk with 20$ pay for 24 h. Generally we liked to visit montreal but I don't think we will stay again in this marriot. I believe with amount of money we paid we will get better place to stay.
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott Montreal Westmount
Dear Mr Sam, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us and fellow travelers. We are terribly sorry the room and breakfast wasn't up to your standards. We would like to mention, we have renovated the rooms 2 years ago. We apologize it wasn't to your satisfaction. Your comments are greatly appreciated as they help us provide a better service to our guests, therefore do not hesitate to let us know what you would have suggested regarding breakfast. As for the parking situation, we try our very best to give our guests all the information required in order for them to make the best decision regarding their stay, therefore we have announced the height limitation with all partners. We apologize again for all inconveniences. Sincerely, Management
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
Sam
"spacious rooms in good location"
Spacious appartment with kitchen, living room with sleeping sofa, and 2 bedrooms. Bathroom a little small, but functional. Great breakfast buffet included. Parking garage at reasonable extra costs. Quiet neighborhood with some nice restaurants. In walking distance to downtown and Metro.
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott Montreal Westmount
Dear Mr. Tom, We would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts about the Residence Inn by Marriott Montreal Westmount with us and other travelers. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the breakfast and the room. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future, Management
1 night family trip May 23, 2014
"Nice and conveinent"
Staff is very courteous and helpful. Busy but quiet hotel. Meet interesting people there
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott Montreal Westmount
Dear Guest, We are thrilled to know that the staff was helpful during your stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott Montreal Westmount. We look forward to seeing you again. Management
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Convenient location, family and pet friendly!"
We enjoyed the convenience of this location, near the Atwater (green line) metro stop. Very nice breakfast buffet. Kitchen well equipped, supermarket nearby. Exercise room is clean, equipment worked well, and a great view! Pool clean and a perfect temperature! We will definitely stay here again.
3 night trip Apr 17, 2014
Originally booked the Residence Inn Downtown Montréal because of it's location, but unfortunately they weren't going to be done with construction before I arrived. The original booking was only 1 block from the office I was working in so that was ideal. When we were "walked" to another Residence Inn that was only 11 blocks away, I was surprised to know they had 2 that close to one another. Even though it was winter and one day had quite the snow storm, it was a nice walk and in a quieter part of downtown (Westmount). It was close to 2 grocery stores and the metro. Had I stayed in the original location, I doubt I would have seen as much of the area as it forced me to walk (which also meant I didn’t need to use their fitness room ;) Nice that they had a pool and sauna. I looked at them, but never ended up using them. Fitness room was a bit small, but with all of the walking, I didn’t need it. The room was clean and nicely set up. Love that the little fridge had a separate freezer section, not just one that opens up when you open the fridge door. My only complaint (which isnt really that bad) is there were notes somewhere that they wouldn't run the dishwasher unless it was half full. I don’t believe 2 glasses, 1 bowl and 3 utensils qualify as half full. Next time I would just leave a note stating to not run the dishwasher. Breakfast was good and typical of what I expect from a Residence Inn. I would stay here again. Don't miss McKibbins Irish Pub!
4 night business trip Mar 10, 2014
"Good for the price"
Stayed here for 2 nights visiting a student. Quiet place, underground garage is good. Internet was a little slow this weekend. Breakfast is ok. Staff was pleasant. Would stay again
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
It was not clean . No dining room. No restaurants close by, expensive for not getting any amenities . I will not stay there again and am aggravated that no one told me that there is no dining or room service and I could have staid in an elegant hotel on St Catherine St as a suite for less .
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott Montreal Westmount
We truly regret that your experience at our hotel did not meet your expectations. Please accept our most sincere apologies and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers. In regards to the dining room, the brand Residence Inn offers a complimentary breakfast buffet everyday and light evening snacks 2 to 3 times weeknights. Unfortunately we do not offer room service however many local restaurants do deliver directly to your hotel suite. We are also a short walking distance from Ste-Catherine street (2 blocks) or Sherbrooke street (1 block) where, amongst others, you will find a wide variety of restaurants good for all culinary taste not to mention the multiple choices around in the local areal. We are terribly apologetic that you were not informed properly about our brand and please know that we will work with Hotels.com to ensure that the proper information is provided to our guests. Thank you for helping us improve our hotel. Sincerely, Management
2 night trip Feb 6, 2014
Lisa Raffael
Nice hotel, quiet neighborhood. Bit outdated in some areas. Room was clean except for obvious mold in bathtub. Would stay again
Other trip Jan 10, 2014
The one bedroom queen suite was spacious and very clean with a balcony with a beautiful view of the city. The sofa bed was not comfortable but that is kind of to be expected. The kitchen was fully equipped and very clean.
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
Jo
"very satisfy"
We were upgraded. Liked it very much and next time we'll probably stay again.
2 night trip Oct 3, 2013
charles dedich
"Unique City"
Enjoyed our stay. Although there was construction going on outside and we did have to park a block and a half away overall, It was nice.
1 night family trip Oct 2, 2013
BC
"Excellent hotel for the money"
No frills hotel with friendly service, comfortable rooms and a great location
2 night business trip Sep 29, 2013
John M
"Montreal"
Hotel was excellent and very close to the Atwater Metro station and many stores, restaurants and malls. It was also close to bike rentals and biking lanes
7 night romance trip Aug 28, 2013
Elevators way too small for the amount of traffic. Hot breakfast served was horrible. Suite was roomy and clean. Beds were uncomfortable.
3 night family trip Aug 29, 2013
kjag
"clean not comfortable"
Room was smaller than usual for Residence Inns, pool was not even worth it- size of a hot tub. People were friendly and room was clean, breakfast was decent so good place for families. Close to a metro station which was convenient. Unusually hot weather- the AC couldn't keep up so our room was hot; the halls were hot, the elevators real small and slow, so getting out each day was difficult as when the elevator finally arrived it would be full! Bad if you are claustrophobic. Cream for coffee went bad one day. Missed dish soap, and wash cloths. Pull out coach not suitable for a 15 year old boy. It was OK but we won't stay there again.
4 night trip Jul 3, 2013
Not a City goer
Quiet side street, one block from metro and Bixie, 2 blocks from Catherine street (plenty of action), a mile from Atwater market and the best free breakfast buffet ever.
3 night family trip Jul 4, 2013
Gino L
"Great location, will definately return"
Wonderful downtown location. Great rooms, friendly staff. Very nice, well prepared, hot breakfast with great selection was a welcome benefit. Best hotel breakfast quality and selection I've ever seen.
3 night family trip May 10, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Would not hesitate to stay here again"
Stayed here overnight with my 7 year old son. The room was clean, the kitchenette had everything we could have needed. Great location for convenience, although the neighbourhood can be a little...colourful at times.
Family trip Apr 17, 2016
Heidi
"Happy with our choice."
We enjoyed a lot staying at this hotel which was very conveniently located in a quiet neighborood. It had a nice kitchenette in the room, friendly staff, great breakfast. The air system in the room was a bit loud, but we were very happy at the Marriot Residence Inn in Montréal. Thanks.
2 night romance trip Apr 2, 2016
Rafaël
Enjoyed my stay at this great location close to downtown and to my family that I was visiting.
5 night family trip Mar 12, 2016
Ted
"Good first impression :)"
This was my first time travelling by myself, and this hotel eased the stress a lot.I stayed for two nights. The staff were really friendly, the breakfast was good, and the room was fairly clean. I had a bit of difficulty turning on the shower, but that was my only real problem. The hotel is in a great location, really close to St. Catherine's so there's a subway station close by and lots of stores. Not many food options around.
2 night trip with friends Feb 26, 2016
"Convenient to Atwater & Sherbrooke location"
Hotel that appears it used to be an apartment building. Clean, very good condition carpets, bathrooms and kitchenettes. Could be cool in the winter, some air drafts from the balcony door and windows and only one extra fleece blanket. AC/heating is not noisy but you do hear it blowing. Not too noisy. Basement parking is horrible, narrow parking spaces, lots of pillars. OK if you have a small car. You don't get Marriott points unless you book directly with them. Reception said it's in the policy but Marriott never informed their members (us) so it's an unpleasant last minute surprise. So unless you really have to collect points, just use Expedia or similar service and pick the most convenient / best rate hotel instead of having to go to the one where you get points. If you don't need indoor parking, and don't need Marriott points, and don't mind being reminded of an apartment building, then this hotel is good.
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott Montreal Westmount
Dear Andy, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent experience at our property. We are glad that we made you feel at home and thank you for your helpful comments as we always seek improvement. We look forward to welcoming you back. Sincerely,
Other trip Dec 6, 2015
Andy
"great hotel"
buen hotel con ubicación y desayuno incluido
1 night family trip Oct 19, 2015
luis eduardo
"Disappointing - unclean"
I am okay with 1 or 2 hairs in the bathroom, because we are hairy people but seriously the were on the wall and door in the bathroom where I wanted to hang my towel. and I am talking 4 or 5 big long black hairs. They moved me into a bigger nicer room for the first issue with hair, but the second room was worse - moving me to a 2 bedroom apartment when I am only 1 person isn't an upgrade.
Response by Residence Inn by Marriott Montreal Westmount
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at our property. Cleanliness is one of our top priorities therefore we are thankful for your comments as they help us in taking corrective measures to improve the servcies offered to our guests. Hoping we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Sincerely, The Management.
6 night business trip Sep 6, 2015
"Nice Hotel for boring Family"
It is a good hotel. But not exactly in downtown. So no fun stuff around
1 night business trip Sep 26, 2015