All hotels in Anchorage, Alaska, United States of America
330 E St, Anchorage, AK, 99501, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Historic Anchorage Hotel"
I came to Anchorage for the Big WildLife Run marathon. I wanted to be near the start and this hotel fit the bill. It is an older hotel but very well maintained. I enjoyed my stay at the Historic Anchorage Hotel.
3 night trip Aug 14, 2015
Pamela
"Historic Anchorage Hotel in July"
Great location. Friendly. Breakfast simple but good. Beds/pillows not comfortable.
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
"Historic but...."
This is a historic building and i expected it to be a bit more modern than how it was. No air but a fan. Hard to control a temperature. No screens on the windows. It on the main street so if your room faces 4th you will be awake until 11pm with music. Very annoying.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Evan
"Great location for downtown. Worked for business."
I used the hotel/Room as a place to sleep. I was on second floor #210 facing to the back so it was quiet. The staff was friendly, courteous, and helpful. My work was 2 blocks away so that was perfect as I did not require a car.
2 night business trip May 12, 2015
"History is alive!"
it is a very nice and quaint older hotel. We enjoyed the historical value the most. lots of interesting history and a very cool bar. however, the noise from outside on a Friday and Saturday nights is substantial. to be fair, we were near the Street and on a lower level. I think it would be better on the third floor. I would stay here again. Very reasonable prices.
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
"Historic Anchorage Hotel in February"
Nice cozy place. Does have that historic feel. Good bed and shower. One problem was the internet was slow.
3 night trip Feb 7, 2015
Ernest
"Charming, but a little past its prime"
Perfectly fine place to stay to easy access to Anchorage downtown, but there is a trade-off: charming historical venue translates to a little run-down. Nothing major, just a little dinginess.
2 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
Good affordable hotel. Great location. It has character and is very unique. It is a little old but very comfortable and affordable. Breakfast is ok, nothing too fancy but sufficient for a bagel, eggs, coffee and granola yogurt.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Lovely Historic Hotel"
Stayed for business. I stayed for the history and I like the feel of little boutique hotels and it was a lovely old hotel, well-kept, clean. The amenities were enough for me, workout facility, light continental breakfast, close enough to restaurants and tourism for a tiny bit of fun, but right where I needed to be for work.
2 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
Claire
"Great service! Clean room! Love it!"
Great service! Clean comfortable room. Old fashioned. Used a real key to open doors. Not a card key. On the other hand. It is known for strange things happening. But that did not scare me one bit. Loved it! The front dest worker was vary polite & offered to bring our bags up. She was really nice. The bathroom door opened on its own. & the light turned on by it self also while we were out. Before we left i made sure i turned off the bathroom light & closed the door. Came back to the door wide open & the light on. But wasnt scared. I was surprised. Id Definitely stay there again!
1 night family trip Oct 21, 2014
CRYSTAL
Friendly, helpful staff. Excellent location. Old but comfortable rooms.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
tom
"Excellent customer service"
Our stay at the Historic Anchorage Hotel was great. The staff displayed true hospitality. Taylor was great and even met us curb-side to help with bags. The downstairs lobby and bar have a historic feel with period furniture and warm wood mill work. The bar is for breakfast only, no cocktails, so be aware. The room was clean and we had an end location with windows over a main road so we could here the night time revelers but it was fine. The only down side was the queen bed instead of a king but it was comfortable. I would definitely recommend this property to others for a real feel for old Anchorage.
2 night trip Sep 24, 2014
Cindy Bucker
"Great Staff and Great Location."
It worked great for us. It is an Historic Bldg., so while nicely upgraded, some folks may find the rooms a little small when compared to a more modern hotel building. We loved it, right downtown with easy walking distance to everything we needed or wanted to see.
6 night trip Aug 21, 2014
Joe & Joyce
"Very happy. Right downtown."
Older hotel, but everything was great. Very convenient to the downtown area.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
Bill G
"Had available room when every other property was s"
We arrived nearly midnight. Clerk said he did not have our reservation. After some conversation he found the reservation. This clerk was very helpful. He helped unload our bags from the car, transported them to our room, and offered a wake up call so we could put money in the parking meter before getting a ticket. Morning clerk was not helpful and seemed anxious to check us out. We took our bags to the car and came back to check our room. Even though we had not turned in our key, or checked out, the cleaning crew had stripped our beds and had linens laying on all the seats, making it difficult to see if we had left any property behind. Breakfast was not foods that a gluten sensitive person like myself could eat. Water for making tea and instant oatmeal was only slightly warm, not hot.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
Brenda
"loved it"
It was a last minute reservation and we didn't know what to expect but we loved it. It was small but very cute and clean. The staff was super nice. And you can't beat the location. We walked to lunch and to shops and say at our window with it open just people watching. I thought with the price of the room it would be nice to have a mini fridge and small microwave. It would have been helpful with the babies food and bottles. Overall would love to stay there again but the room rates get very expensive in the summer. Worth it if you're vacationing!
2 night trip May 7, 2014
"Total disappointment!"
Thoroughly disappointed with the hotel. They gave me a crappy, tiny room with a wall 5 ft outside my window, squeaky floors made it sound like elephants running overhead, and the hot water was lukewarm at best. I generally prefer old hotels to the newer sterile ones, but would have gladly stayed at the Hilton next door so I could at least see something outside my window and not be constantly tripping over furniture crammed in the room. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
Laurie
"Absolutely wonderful!!!!!!!"
All aspects of this hotel - cleanliness, hospitality, location, amenities -are equal to five star hotels. The atmosphere is warm and elegant. If we return to Anchorage, we will definitely stay at the Historic Anchorage Hotel!
9 night trip Apr 11, 2014
Marty
"Charming but lacking in decaf coffee"
This is a charming old hotel. It is kind of funky, so if you need modern and slick, this is not the place for you. But if you want charming affordability, this is a good spot. My only criticisms are that when I first arrived the water that came out of the bathroom sink faucet was orange, and they don't serve decaf coffee at breakfast (and there is no decaf coffee for the in-room coffee maker, either.)
1 night business trip Apr 16, 2014
"Historic Anchorage Hotel"
The room was quaint, and the beds smaller than i had anticipated The staff was wonderful and very friendly. I had my 2yr old granddaughter with us which kept us on our toes. Walls very thin. Outside traffic appeared louder at night, as well as the occupants on the other side. Perhaps they liked to talk very loud, as we heard people in the halls but not able to follow conversations. This was a March visit, so we did not have to open windows or have the fan on. The room temperature was comfortable.
2 night trip Mar 17, 2014
R.Cade
"Not a bad place to stay"
I had a pretty good experience. The room as clean and it was pretty quiet. The one thing I found strange was that there was never anyone working at the front desk when I'd pass through the lobby. Also, I had the do not disturb sign on my door and my room was stil cleaned. Neither are a huge deal, but kind of weird. Overall, pretty decent place to stay for the price.
4 night business trip Feb 24, 2014
"older hotel. great location, clean, great staff"
Enjoyed our stay, would stay again. 100 year Old hotel,, conviently located to everything midtown. Walk to malls, shopping, arts , Restaurant..
3 night trip Feb 21, 2014
"Really is a historic hotel"
It really is a historic hotel. It was built sometime in 1919, I think. It's very close to Reflection Park overlooking the water downtown. Lots of old historic photos in the hallway and they've tried to keep most of the interior authentic. The little restaurant/bar is amazingly preserved. There's a sign noting that the hotel was "mostly" unaffected by the earthquake of 1964. Not sure if it was the earthquake or just settling, but there are slopes and slants in the floors and walls, but hey, that just gives it some character.
1 night trip Feb 23, 2014
JCC
"Great hotel!"
We really enjoyed staying here. The location being right in town. The history in the photos on the wall. The friendly staff. We will definitely stay here again.
Other trip Feb 19, 2014
Honey Bear
"A great place to stay!"
I loved the historic Anchorage hotel. Sometimes when you book a "historic" hotel, it's code for old plumbing, lack of modern amenities, etc. Not here. It's a beautiful hotel - very well done all the way around and the staff are very friendly. The breakfast is solid and my room had all the modern amenities. I stumbled onto it, but I will definitely stay here again.
3 night business trip Feb 3, 2014
Tonya
Super convenient to downtown. Classic old hotel updated very thoughtfully.
4 night business trip Jan 14, 2014
"Great Alaskan Hospitality !"
I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. It was not the most updated but I wouldn't expect that from this "historical" hotel. All of the staff was exceptional!!! The history of the hotel and the decor was right in tune. I would defiantly stay again.
4 night trip Dec 28, 2013
Jean-Keaton
"Good hotel in center of downtown."
Very nice, quiet stay during the off season. We stayed for 5 nights. Room was small but very nicely appointed and very clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Very good deal for the price. We would stay again and recommend it highly for those who are looking for small, cozy hotel and do not require a houseful of amenities.
Other trip Dec 26, 2013
Israel
"Historic hotel"
This was a very neat hotel with a historic "old" feel about it. The staff were amazing; loved their breakfast setup. It was fun people watching to the streets below, but was noisy like some other people rated. My only complaint was how uncomfortably hot the room was. The knob to adjust the heat just turned and never stopped running. On another note, no ghost experiences for me or my son.
Other trip Dec 14, 2013
llemarra
"beats the Hilton"
I'm not sure I'd stay here if I didn't need to be right near the Hilton, but for about the same rate, or even less, you can get a decent room here with a decent breakfast. The Hotel is older, as you'd guess from the name, and some of the rooms are better than others. In spite of its quirks this has turned into my "go to" hotel when I have business in downtown Anchorage, beats all of the major chains for sure.
1 night business trip Dec 10, 2013
"Cozy, historical, inviting... and paranormal."
Updated historic hotel that kept its decor in style with its original look right down to the needed fans. One temperature... too hot for us Washingtonians!... so the fan was used plus the window opened. Great breakfast though none in the room wanted to listen to Fox news, especially in the morning. Those are the only silly complaints I had... lousy news station and heat could be lower. The staff was so helpful with everything even understanding our ghost stories. Now, if you have a problem with spirits or ghosts then get a grip on life, sweeties. They are EVERYWHERE. The ones taking resident at this hotel couldn't have been nicer. One closed our deadbolt (no pun intended), posed in our photos, walked across the room when asked and left on cue. Then there was the residue energy, but that's another story.
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
Gaighl
"Easy to walk Anchorage"
It added to our visit to Anchorage to stay in the historic hotel. The neighborhood was safe for walking to nearby restaurants, the art museum, and shops. While the rooms are small and only a spare breakfast is available, the lobby fireplace is warm and the historic plaques are interesting. The staff was friendly and helpful.
1 night trip Dec 2, 2013
Barbara Barker
"very close to rail station and can walk in downtow"
very close to rail station and can walk in downtow
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2013
"Beautiful Hotel in Downtown Anchorage!"
We are always pleased with our stay at the Anchorage Hotel. It is absolutely charming and the staff is professional and friendly. Can't brat the location.
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
Omkitty
"Perfect downtown location"
Within walking distance of shoppping & GREAT downtown restaurants. Staff very helpful
2 night trip Oct 27, 2013
"convienient to downtown sights"
I like the hotel. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. The breakfast room has a neat atmosphere of an old saloon, and dimly lit for breakfast which was so nice!
4 night business trip Sep 16, 2013
"September Alaska Public Board Meeting"
Excellent
3 night trip Sep 26, 2013
"Close to downtown attractions. Easy to find."
The rooms were bigger than normal but we were in the suites, which I would recommend. Allowed us (my family) to gather in one place as there is no restaurant or bar in the hotel. Comfy beds. However, no screens on the windows which had to be left open for air. This also let in some street noise. Had alot of character and nicely decorated--old style.
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
Cathy
"Old, small, but great location, friendly staff"
My wife and I stayed here as part of a vacation in which we ran in the Big Wild Life Runs in August 2013. The room was tiny and had no view, but it was clean and comfortable. The location is great, walking distance to everything downtown (including the race start/finish and all of the associated events) and the train station. (Take the $10/day parking across the street; a pass is available from the front desk). Breakfast is included--it's adequate but doesn't offer much variety. The reception staff was very friendly and helpful with directions, etc.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
"Great central spot for a hotel, easy to walk about"
We really enjoyed our 4 nights at the Historic Anchorage Hotel. The staff was VERY friendly. We checked out after two nights to explore on motorcycle and they happily stowed our bags for the two days we were away. When we returned, they had upgraded us to a suite- what a nice surprise! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The continental breakfast was nice and we couldn't have asked for anything more.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
"Hotel in Anchorage"
Very nice hotel and staff. Would recommend this hotel to visitors.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
"One night stay"
Front desk staff extremely friendly and welcoming. Well appointed reception area. Walking distance to all downtown restaurants and shops. Standard king room quite small but very nice furnishings/amenities. Freezer storage for 3 fifty lb. fish boxes. Will be back next time in Anchorage.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
nancy
"Wow!"
Hotel was lovely, vintage comfort. Location perfect for short stay after arriving by train. We were upgraded to a suite, way too large for our needs for the evening, but I am not complaining. I look for free internet and breakfast when I reserve a room. Many hotels offer breakfast, but few offer fresh fruit. Four sections of canned grapefruit might have spoiled an ordinary hotel stay, but not this one.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2013
Retired
Nice hotel. yet small rooms. Breakfast was nice. Great convenient area.Go to F street Staion for halibut lunch. Cl;ean. Good staff.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2013
Dawn
"Historic and nice"
The rooms were comfy, and the decor was good, but there is no air conditioning or even fans in the room in case it gets stuffy during summer. Breakfast was very minimal, they can as well stop serving it. There was no parking with the Hotel, needed to use the 10$/day paid parking lot. I think its not worth the price of the room.
1 night trip Jul 7, 2013
"Historic but overpriced."
No cold running water in mini-bar area in suite. Pulling paint in bathroom. Inconsistent wi-fi. No a/c, warm on 2nd floor. Great location for shopping but noisy at night especially with windows open for cool air. Had to pay extra to park in lot where hotel staff indicated car was really not that safe. Hotel staff were helpful, rooms were clean and furnishings up to date. great historic photos in hallway but it would be cheaper to go to the Anchorage museum.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2013
Lorrie
"Charming and Central"
This hotel is a great find. Very close to the downtown weekend market and other sites. Hotel staff attentive and personable. I will definitely stay when next in Anchorage and will recommend this hotel to others. There is no restaurant on site, so no room service (although continental breakfast is served) but big hotel right next door has a coffee shop and bar. Room has a sitting area, so you don't have to sit on bed and watch TV. Room was clean and big. The only thing I would suggest they add is a small fridge. Overall, great hotel.
4 night trip with friends May 10, 2013
The windows did not lock. I was on 3rd floor, but the other room windows were very close to mine. I thought it was strange. I'm glad I didn't get room 303, it seems to get a lot of paranormal activity, according to the book of experiences they keep.
3 night business trip May 6, 2013
"Comfortable, convenient downtown location"
Room and hotel in general was clean and comfortable. This hotel has a very quaint and personable feel a out it, and the staff were personable and helpful as well. We came to town for a convention downtown at a nearby hotel. I would definitely stay here again if I needed to be in the downtown area. Only reason for four stars instead of five is because of parking (which is available close by and priced reasonably) and due to the proximity of nearby bars and street level, and a small amount of noise as people walked by after leaving bars. This was not an annoyance, just worth mentioning in a review for those who might be bothered by this.
Other trip Apr 18, 2013
"Early 20th Century Anchorage"
The lobby and breakfast area of this hotel are beautiful, and unique in Anchorage, where most buildings are from the post-earthquake vintage. Unfortunately the rooms are less well-restored, and look a little scruffy and tired. In my room, the appearance would have been greatly improved by some closet doors, since the inside of the closet was the first thing you see upon entering the room. But it was clean, the staff was helpful and friendly, and its practically the only chance to see the old Anchorage, so I still enjoyed my short stay.
Other trip Apr 6, 2013