All hotels in Anchorage, Alaska, United States of America
330 E St, Anchorage, AK, 99501, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Early 20th Century Anchorage"
The lobby and breakfast area of this hotel are beautiful, and unique in Anchorage, where most buildings are from the post-earthquake vintage. Unfortunately the rooms are less well-restored, and look a little scruffy and tired. In my room, the appearance would have been greatly improved by some closet doors, since the inside of the closet was the first thing you see upon entering the room. But it was clean, the staff was helpful and friendly, and its practically the only chance to see the old Anchorage, so I still enjoyed my short stay.
Other trip Apr 6, 2013
"A great place to stay in Anchorage"
We had the most excellent time staying at the Historic Anchorage Hotel. Can't say enough good things about the staff & accommodations. It's located within walking distance of all sights in downtown Anchorage. I would definitely recommend this Hotel to everyone !!!
Other trip Mar 18, 2013
"Great hotel and hospitality"
I stayed at the hotel for five days. It was very comfortable and the front desk managers were very helpful. I loved the location with it's ease to walk throughout the downtown area. I only wish I knew about the historic part of the hotel earlier. It was one of the only buildings in the downtown area that survived the 9. plus earthquake in the late 90s. It was filmed and reviewed by one of the ghost finding shows on cable. It truly has an interesting past. Enjoy the comfort and hostitality of a true historic hotel
4 night trip Jan 26, 2013
Will
"Very satisfied considering historic property."
Terry, the GM, was very nice, accommodating, helpful and sweet. The charm of the place is fitting for Anchorage. The rooms were not your latest and greatest (exterior retrofit electrical boxes), but they did have enough of what I needed. To think that this is a landmark and offered enough amenities was great.
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2013
"Great place to stay and close to almost everything"
Had a great time. Would love to go back.
2 night trip Feb 7, 2013
"Cozy, convenient"
We always stay here when coming into town and must spend the night. It was clean, comfortable, staff was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast great. I always appreciate the fan - we like a gentle breeze at night.
1 night business trip Feb 1, 2013
Located perfectly for downtown. Wonderful staff and clean, well maintained hotel. the breakfast buffet was good and offered reasonable variety. Beds were too hard for our preference. Being a historic hotel it may come with the territory but there doesn't seem to be any soundproofing so the walls/ceiling allow conversations and every footstep from surrounding rooms to be heard.
1 night trip Feb 1, 2013
"Quaint and haunted"
This place is a real gem. It is supposedly haunted and the actually keep a log book of paranormal activity. I didn't see anything, but you do get the feeling the place is full of history. The rooms were nice, although you should let the water run quite awhile in the sink. The old pipes make the water yellow at first. Tub is small and slippery. I could not find a thermostat in the room. But the windows opened to let some cool air in. Mall and shops are within walking distance. The staff is very friendly and helpful. However, they couldn't ever seem to get the soda machines filled up. Overall, it was a nice place.
4 night business trip Jan 21, 2013
Jerry
great waffle breakfast, charming and private. spacious room. friendly helpful staff.
1 night romance trip Jan 19, 2013
Getting old and needs more maintenece
2 night business trip Dec 3, 2012
Stan
"Charming Decor"
I had a wonderful stay at this hotel. I found the decor charming, the room was clean and comfortable, and the staff were helpful and friendly. I look forward to my next stay.
2 night trip Oct 20, 2012
"many other places to stay instead of this one"
Historic often means there's something interesting about it. This place is cramped, old (despite flat screen tvs and new bedcovers) and inconvenient in many ways. For example having to park across the street behind some builds. So you have to walk back and forth putting parking passes on the window and bring it back when you leave... the one way streets make it even more difficult. Construction outside int he streets. The rooms are so small... the toilets are cramped behind a door, the bar hasn't been opened in years and breakfast consists of make you own waffles and bagels.
Other trip Sep 28, 2012
"Very classy"
Wonderful hotel, very clean and location is perfect. We stay here every year the day we arrive. Only comment; I wish they would bump the breakfast up a notch. I remember it being so much better when we first started staying here.
Family trip Sep 21, 2012
Cathy
"Good expirience"
Nice Hotel, good location, very comfortable and I was expecting noise because of the reviews I read, but for me it was really quiet and enjoyable.
Other trip Sep 9, 2012
Sonia
"Great Vacation"
Very good, I'm very satisfied! :)
Other trip Sep 6, 2012

"Ghost tour hotel"
Close to city center convenient for restaurant s easy to find when cruising next to drop off/ check in point, is a tourist attraction in it's self . Would stay again
4 night romance trip May 22, 2015
stephen
The Hotel is located right downtown. Although it is called Historic, there isn't any of the charm from other historic hotels. It lack charm but is nevertheless a good place to stay. On-street parking is possible but check the signs.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Pierre
"Wonderful"
The room is clean and quiet so I can have a good night. The breakfast is also perfect. The hotel provide many choices to guests. If I have second time to visit Anchorage, I definitely choose this hotel again.
1 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
Chih-Lin
"Comfort plus"
We stayed here a week after staying at another hotel in Anchorage (Grand). We were disappointed with the Grand but we're totally satisfied with this hotel.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Eddy
"Excellent hotel"
We truly loved our stay. the location was excellent, Staff was excellent, so helpful, they could not do enough for us. Walking distance from everything we wanted. Just across the street from the Sunday Market, ULU factory, tourist information center, City trolley, shopping. Taxi cost us $20 from airport. Room was very comfortable, very clean. For sure we would stay here again if in Anchorage. We stayed 2 nights before our cruise.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Pierrette
"Comfortable hotel in city centre"
Very good experience, nice hotel, excellent hotel staff, very good receptionists.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
"Great Disappointment"
This hotel is just around the corner from the Hilton...stay there instead. Might be a few dollars more but Historic Anchorage is ...historic. They play Elvis in the "bar" 12 hours a day on a continuous repeat. I did not see anyone in the "bar" during my stay. Breakfast is packet or canned food with serve yourself from cardboard plates, sit on stools, gives you an idea of the type of quality of the rest of the hotel. No bell boy, push your own trolley,no one on reception, ring for attention. pokey rooms, squeaky beds, wash basin blocked, "historic" bathroom, tea bags but no jug! Ask for hot water..luke warm water provided in a flask. Air-conditioning...open your window. Fan on stand is provided instead. Drink machine on one floor does not work, on the next floor, not even plugged in. Best asset is the ice machine. Forget this hotel, rip off price for gold rush days has-been hotel. I have no commercial interest in this report, am an Australian.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2014
Paul H
"Has character, charming"
A very pleasant environment with old world charm. Breakfast is included and one can make ones own waffles. Fun. The room itself was great, but since this is an old building, the floors are wood and the elephant upstairs was stomping hard. I don't recommend this hotel for light sleepers, or ask for the top floor. Also, there is no air conditioning and it was quite warm the day we stayed there. There's a fan in the room. The breakfast area is the bar, and there was only one table that was normal height which was occupied. They had to rustle up a make shift one for my elderly mother who can't climb bar stools. However they were very gracious about it. I asked them to add shorter tables for the elderly for those of you out there. All in all, worth the stay.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
Lin
"Three nights in Anchorage"
We spent three nights here altogether, Two nights following a cruise and a further night before flying out of Anchorage. We picked the hotel for it's location, we wanted somewhere near to the railroad depot. The location was good, near to downtown Anchorage, without being noisy. Both rooms that we had on the second floor were comfortable. The breakfast was included, although wasn't anything special. The staff were all very helpful, and we were able to leave some luggage there while we travelled around Alaska. We would use this hotel again if we were in Anchorage.
1 night trip Jul 2, 2014
Derek
"nice one"
A huge room and very convenient to join the cruise pickup at Egan Convention Center
2 night trip Jun 12, 2014
"Well presented and charming hotel"
Great location in Anchorage. Easy to get to and easy to access shopping and other sights.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
The historic hotel is very interesting. The historic items in the hotel are amazing. Great people and wonderful service. the room was clean and comfortable.
1 night romance trip Jun 2, 2014
IL
"Beds need changing and the chairs need recovering"
Even with the bed etc situation I would still stay here again as the location and staff are great - they go out of there way to help they even made us a cup of tea whilst waiting or the cab to take us to the airport Breakfast is included cereal eggs and waffles which is good, and you can park your car for 10 dollars a night in the car park right across the street. Rooms have coffee makers and robes and ours had two double beds.
2 night trip May 25, 2014
"Nice basic hotel in a good location"
The hotel was very rustic but reasonably priced, situated in a good location to everything. Staff were some of the most helpful I have every met on my travels, and helped to arrange sightseeing tours at the very last minute for us which my husband and I were very grateful for. One of the staff even suggested where to try for dinner which of course we did. Rooms basic and small but cosy and warm.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Paula
PH
"Old but nice"
Great for "downtown" local area, close to railroad station. Back room quiet, neighbours considerate. Breakfast so-so. Newspaper so-so!! Wi-Fi good reception.
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
Room was rather small, and the outside noise was disturbing at night. Perfect location and the staff were really friendly and helpful. Plenty around the area to see and do.
3 night trip Jul 2, 2013
"Pluses and minuses"
We enjoyed a well appointed room but one frustratingly beyond the reach of the hotel wifi, leaving us standing in the corridor to maintain connection. Friendly and helpful staff were stretched at times, e.g. in the morning one person was both minding the front desk and overseeing breakfast in the dining room.
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
Russell
Central location, very convenient. However, the windows of my room (201) cannot be locked, worry about the safety. Very windy outside but very hot inside (30C in June), OK at night time with a fan (did not expect to have AC in Alaska!). Wi-fi not working well in the room, only get connection in the lobby. Breakfast fair (continental).
2 night trip Jun 18, 2013
"Right place at the right time"
I did not see the ghost which apparently haunts this place but other than that, I enjoyed our visit at the hotel. The staff were friendly and the accommodation was good as long as you remember it is not a four star hotel. A continental breakfast was included and the waffle mix was just the best. I did find the surroundings a bit noisy and that noise filtered into the room but it did not cause any inconvenience. I would stay there again.
3 night family trip Jun 4, 2013
Stephen2615
"A pleasing stay"
Given there were two beds in our room, it was somewhat cramped. Also, the wifi stopped working halfway through our stay, and remained unfixed even after we left. Aside from these two issues, the comfort level and service was extremely good.
Other trip Jun 21, 2013
"Nice place to stay."
Nice bedtime hotel, but perhaps a little noisy due to it's older construction. Lovely manager, nice breakfast and very well located. Thanks.
Other trip Jun 5, 2013
Buzz
NZ
"A GREAT VALUE ANCHORAGE HOTEL"
A very well renovated property right in the centre of Anchorage. Received an upgrade to a Junior Suite which included two queen beds, two large armchairs,a writing desk and a full bathroom. Highly recommended. Only minor issue was the lack of a plug in the bathroom sink which although reported was not fixed for our 3 day stay. The table light alongside the beds also had two dead bulbs in it which even though removed and placed on the table were never replaced. Whilst these are little things it detracts from an otherwise excellent package. Would still highly recommend.
Other trip May 14, 2013
PHILLIP
"Location, Location, Location"
We had an excellent stay of 7 nights - the staff, Terry and her crew helped us in every way - nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast was terrific - plenty to eat and lots of choice, lovely decor throughout the whole hotel, comfortable king bed, spacious room, close to all tourist spots, tourist centre, walk to train station, one block walk to great restaurants and department store, convenience store etc. We had the most memorable stay - absolutely no complaints - Thanks again Terry for everything
7 night trip Feb 6, 2013

"Ótimo"
Hotel aconchegante, no centro da cidade com muitas opções de restaurantes, lojas na redondeza. É ótimo para sair a noite e não precisar de táxi para voltar. Perto do Visitor Center, Shopping, ATM's, você consegue andar a pé no centro da cidade inteira estando neste hotel. Se andar um pouco mais dá para ir a Midtown também. Super perto do Saturady Market. O staff foi sempre cordial. Wi-fi grátis no quarto, funcionou sempre bem enquanto estive lá. Café da manhã é igual todos os dias, não muitas opções, mas isto não desmerece a agradåvel estadia. A maior facilidade mesmo é a localização.
6 night trip May 8, 2015
Ana Paula
BR
"Terrible hotel!!!!"
This hotel is terrible!!! I will never use this hotel !!!!
2 night family trip May 5, 2015
KR
"Centralt läge, men störande ljud från gatan."
Tyvärr hade vi rum i hörnet mot Hard Rock Cafe. Både fredag och lördag kväll stördes vi av ljud från fordon och fotgängare.
3 night romance trip May 1, 2015
SE
"Good Hotel"
Hotel staffs know everything about Anchorage town. She was very kind, and quickly searched for us detail information by telephone. Free breakfast might be too simple, fresh food items was only slice of oranges. We were able to enjoy the waffle machine. If to mark the Hilton, the location is understandable even from a distance.
5 night business trip Aug 16, 2014
JP
"Hotel confortable bien situado, el desayuno pobre"
El hotel esta muy bien situado, las habitaciones son confortables, la única pega es que el desayuno es escaso de productos
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
名前の通り、歴史を感じさせる、かわいいブティックホテル風。部屋は少し狭いが、全く問題なし。清潔だし、スタッフも親切。無料の朝食もポイント高い。
1 night family trip Nov 15, 2013
seddy
"Emplacement exceptionnel"
Bruit dans la chambre pendant la nuit provenant de la rue
2 night trip Jul 11, 2013
BE
"Excellent emplacement, cadre "historique""
Tres bien situé en plein centre ville (rajouter le cout du parking). Chambre familiale un peu petite. Ambiance "historique " pas courante à Anchorage. Un bon choix.
2 night family trip May 7, 2013
Orml
FR
1 night romance trip Jan 22, 2014
Kristina
"It is a bit old but still pleasing"
Other trip Jan 3, 2014