All hotels in Reykjavik, Iceland

Quite clean
    Room is not nice
    Poor vibe
"Redirected and lied to"
We were planning to spend our first night in Iceland in a posh and extravagant hotel. We choose Radisson Blu Saga for two reasons: City View close to city center When we arrived we were told that there was a mistake they are FULLY BOOKED (didn´t we book in advance??). They sent us to Grand Hotel, and on our inquiry confirmed that the other hotel is also close to city center. The hotel is great, however - no city view, because it is surrounded by high buildings - staff there told us that it is at least 40min walk to city center! So we stayed in our room greatly disappointed....
Response by Radisson Blu Saga Hotel, Reykjavik
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We regret to hear you were not able to stay at the hotel and apologize for the misunderstanding regarding the location of the hotel you stayed in. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and have shared your comments with hotel management to continually improve our guest experience.
1 night trip with friends Feb 3, 2016
"ok but 'tired' room"
Hotel rooms are tired but I understand renovations are currently taking place. Just about close enough to walk into the town but parking in town is quite cheap so may as well drive (or taxi)
Response by Radisson Blu Saga Hotel, Reykjavik
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. Our 'classic' hotel is indeed in need of modernization and we are currently 'refreshing up' the hotel. Hopefully, you will give us another opportunity to make your stay even more enjoyable and 'modern' the next time you visit the Island. Warmest Regards
6 night romance trip Feb 2, 2016
"Recomended Weekend getaway"
The hotel is undergoing modernisation, which it does need as its a little tired. The staff were amazing and the location was a 20 min walk to the city centre. There is some building work going on in the area and when its all completed I'm sure will look lovely.
Response by Radisson Blu Saga Hotel, Reykjavik
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay regardless of the 'refreshing' that is taking place. We look forward to welcome you back. Warmest Regards
4 night romance trip Jan 21, 2016
Darren
Lobed it all
Response by Radisson Blu Saga Hotel, Reykjavik
Dear Guest, Thank you for your 5 star review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Guest Relations
4 night romance trip Dec 31, 2015
simon
"Staff are terrible"
Stayed here for two nights and lots of things in my room did not work such as the lights. The Spa is greati went in at 7pm and it closes at 8pm . The lady in the spa had turned the sau na and steam room off and waiting to go home . This was annoying if the facilities are till 8pm you cannot close them early . The staff at reception are not helpful they don't tell you much about the city or provide a city map. I checked into Natura hotel by Icelander air for the second part of the trip and this is much better .
Response by Radisson Blu Saga Hotel, Reykjavik
Dear George, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We regret to hear you were dissatisfied with your stay, including your room and the service you received. We apologize you did not find the front desk staff to be helpful and you were disappointed with the way the closing of the spa was handled. We appreciate your comments and have shared your feedback with hotel management to continually improve services at the hotel.
Other trip Dec 31, 2015
george
"Ok for a short stay.."
Functional hotel with good food and staff helpful. Rooms need modernised and were not as clean as they could have been.
Response by Radisson Blu Saga Hotel, Reykjavik
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with the condition of the rooms and its cleanliness. We will discuss your comments further and take the possible actions necessary. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations. Thank you, Sonja Guest Relations
3 night family trip Dec 4, 2015
"Great hotel loved it"
Brilliant hotel with a great location only minutes from the centre !
Response by Radisson Blu Saga Hotel, Reykjavik
Dear guest, Thank you for staying at Radisson Blu Hotel Saga and for taking the time to write these very nice comments. We are looking forward to welcome you back Best regards Isey
2 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
Sharona
"First Trip to Iceland"
Always wanted to go to Iceland and wasn't disappointed. The Hotel was really nice, about 20 minutes walk into the city centre. Hired a car and we saw all the sights, absolutely brilliant.
Response by Radisson Blu Saga Hotel, Reykjavik
Dear guest, I am really happy you had a great stay in Iceland, thank you for these very nice comments. Hope to see you again soon Best regards Isey
4 night romance trip Aug 24, 2015
Ian
The hotel is close to the city center about 10-15min of comfortable walking. Staff were very friendly. Bank is located within the building, as well as a restaurant and a bar and a travel center. We arrived at midnight and all was prepared to go up to the room. it took only 5 min to complete any formalities. The tap water has a distinctive sulfur smell and fishy taste due to its natural source. I suggest to buy bottled water if the tap water tastes bothers you. The breakfast was great. We didn't include it initially but ISK2000/day/person gives you a nice breakfast. Fresh mixed juices, coffee and teas, warm and cold food, lots of variety; clean seating area. I suggest to visit the travel center in the building. we got very good advice what to visit on our 3 day trip. We booked a car through the travel center (small car for 2 days at about ISK40000. Not cheap but worthwhile.
Response by Radisson Blu Saga Hotel, Reykjavik
Dear guest I appreciate the time you took to share your beautiful comments about Radisson Blu Saga Hotel. It is an honor for us to hear such nice words from you about our hotel and to know you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to welcome you back soon. Best regards Isey
Other trip Aug 30, 2015
SG
"Not up to Radisson Blu standard"
This is an old Hotel in Reykjavik. My room was an executive King room which had recently been updated, but not very well. 1. The dark curtains did not cover the entire window 2. Shower head was barely working, asked front desk to exchange it but they could not do it until the following day, as their staff had gone home. (this was at 5PM I asked for this) Unacceptable that Hotel staff could not do this. 3. Paint job in the room was lacking and looked like windows had been poorly refurbished. Breakfast buffet is nice and a fine touch offering healthy fresh juices like spinach/apple, and beet juice. They offer two restaurants 1. 4 star called Grillid on the top floor good restaurant 2. Skrudur which offers a lunch and dinner buffet (not worth it) I doubt I will stay there again as there are many better properties in Reykjavik like Hilton, Grand, and Icelandair Hotels.
3 night business trip May 10, 2015
Johann Gisli
"Hotel recommended if you rent a car in Reykjavik"
Our stay was great but make sure you rent a car if you stay at this property because it is not central to the shops and restaurants in Reykjavik. However, if you rent a car then it's a great place to stay because it's quieter, less expensive and only about a 2 minute drive to the shops and restaurants. My only complaint about the room was that the room darkening blinds were not wide enough and did not cover the whole width of the window and so at night (11pm) it was hard to sleep with sunlight still gleaming into the room. Otherwise, the room was great and the staff was very friendly. Also, we have a baby and they were able to give us a crib for the room. All in all I would recommend this hotel to others.
3 night family trip May 11, 2015
"So So Experience in This Hotel."
Bed is too old. Not supportive mattress.
3 night business trip Jan 9, 2015
alan
"Shabby 2-3 Star Hotel"
Booked a supposed 4 star hotel for my wife's 50th and decided to push the boat out for a Junior Suite. Upon exiting the 6th floor lift, someone had kicked in a 1m diameter hole in the glass doors, which was still there when we left 3 days later. Upon walking down the corridor all the room doors had worn patches in several places, combined with all foot bottoms peeling or warped. Entering the room, there were deep gouge marks in the wall, a 2m section of warped and blistered skirting board was coming off the wall with the wallpaper attached. The paint around the windows was flaked off or missing due to the damp around it and wallpaper was peeling in places too. After returning to the lobby and asking if their were any better rooms or if we could upgrade the manager said in his opinion there were no better rooms, although he said a smaller business room might be ok. After taking a look at this, this was no better, with chips out of the table and chairs evident. I emailed the hotel to make a special cake prior to arriving, they knew nothing about it and didn't offer to make one. The pay to watch tv service was out of action and the remote didn't work properly. There were also two top opener windows that I couldn't close and which kept us awake the first night us to a howling gale. When I reported this the next morning they sent someone up, who just rammed a towel in the jammed opening, which stifled the wind slightly! On the + side the breakfast selection was good. Stay away!
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"Not the standard i was expecting."
Nice hotel until you enter your room what a let down,stained carpet,tatty torn wallpaper,rubbish pillows,windows do not shut correctly, bathroom door damaged as though somebody had been trying to force entry with a screw driver,no iron or ironing board supplied .Stopped 3 nights room not cleaned once. Constant noise from cranky lift mechanism which is near side entrance. Reading back through trip advisor comments these are long standing problems that are not being rectified.
david
"Passable"
The room was clean for the most part, however the shower was in need of a good cleaning. It is just a short 10 minute walk to the BSI and to the harbor.
2 night trip with friends Nov 12, 2014
"Dated dingy hotel needs updating and staff trainin"
this hotle is in deplorable condition. Water stained hallway carpeting and dinged up walls in the hallways are only forgotten when you see how shabby the linens and towels are as well as the general condition of the room. The twin beds are the shortest and narrowest we saw in 2 weeks in Iceland with all the other stays being significantly cheaper guesthouses. There is mold in the shower corners, torn curtains that do not shut out the light. The rooms are incredibly warm with heat off and windows open, adding to general noise level because of all the cars and buses idling in front of the hotel at all hours. Staff is borderline surly, certainly not helpful. Radisson should look at the damage this hotel causes to their signature Blu elite chain and reconsider the designation here. Worst place we have stayed in over dozens of countries and gamut of price ranges.
5 night family trip Jul 8, 2014
C
The hotel was easy to find and lots of parking available. The room was a little small and getting tired. Breakfast was extensive but the hot food was not hot. Short walk to the centre of town with a range of restaurants.
3 night trip Jun 13, 2014
Toadrunner
"Nasty experience."
The air conditioner it was not working. I couldn't find a menu for a room service. The phone did not work either. The furniture is old, really old.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
Nina
Excellent place to stay in. Good location by car. excellent room with high standard of cleanliness. however, the standard of bedding should be improved especially the pillows, in giving the good sleep quality. breakfast is excellent with vast variety of choices available, as well as excellent price for the Icelandic cost of living. the staffs were friendly and helpful.
4 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2014
"Big luxury hotel near the centre of Reykjavik"
We stayed for one night at the hotel. Family of four in a Junior Suite. Nice building. Good breakfast. Pleasant staff. The rooms are a bit hot but you can open the windows to cool them down.
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
Ian
"Ok"
Old furniture and beds clearly need to be updated- ours was so well worn
Other trip Apr 12, 2014
mags
"NICE HOTEL RIGHT IN DOWNTOWN"
In the beginning everything was fine, but internet was down the whole time. Breakfast was fine, but most of the stuff was finished and service could have been better. Staff could be more polite which we found bit rude.
Other trip Apr 11, 2014
C
"Nice hotel good location"
Had amazing experience in Iceland blue lagoon and golden circle
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
"Lovely hotel"
We had a week in this hotel in March. All of the staff were welcoming, friendly and keen to assist in every way they could, nothing was too much trouble. Fabulous duvet and pillows. The hotel was large but unusually this time this wasn't a detraction. We ate in the hotel frequently which is very unusual for us but the food was excellent and in terms of value for money we didn't see a better deal in Reykjavik. The bar was lovely. The buffet in the "Skrodur" was excellent value homemade soup, salad and fish/meat, dessert (all as much as you want) for approximately £20/head. It would be nice if there was a little more variety there ie if the bar meals were avaialble in the restaurant or if the slad buffet varied night on night. We didn't venture upstairs to the fine dining as we were not on that type of holiday. The breakfast buffet was excellent. If you want it - it was available. The hotel is a short walk out of the city centre, in the University area and right next to the National Museum (itself definitely worth a visit), within 5 mins you are next to the City Pond. Walk 5 mins in the opposite direction through a nice residential area and you are at the Beach and can walk around the headland entering the City via the Old Harbour.
Other trip Mar 9, 2014
Lesley
"A big let down. Thoroughly below average."
If this is a four star hotel they must have stuck the fourth one on with a childs sticker! Dated and cheap decor, torn towels, peeling window paint and ugly views. Reception staff inept with an attitude, managing to screw up a tour TWICE by not listening, talking over me and not knowing their job. Room service staff came in to check mini bar when me and my partner where 'in the throws of...' even after he'd said nothing had been used and they couldn't come in. Way below average for a Radisson which are normally excellent - the Hilton, Borg and Grand looked much better!
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
Public rooms and spa much nicer than bedrooms. TV didn't work.
4 night trip Jan 30, 2014
"Good hotel except..."
that you may hear all the noice from the guests who take early flights from around 3.30am. If you value queitness, this hotel may not be your choice.
Other trip Jan 27, 2014
Nice hotel. A little bit of a walk into town, but nothing too far.
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
"Great view of the city"
Perfect view of the new year's eve fireworks all across the city, from the picture window in our room! Easy 10min. walk to downtown.
8 night family trip Dec 24, 2013
Adventurer
"A short walk from everything and well maintained"
I didn't have any high expectations of the hotel despite the high cost for the standard room but nothing is cheap in Iceland anyway! I only needed a place to sleep while I was out exploring the country all day. The Radisson Blu Saga met my expectations. The room was reasonably well maintained. The TV frequently dropped out for no more than a second at a time. The bathroom had a quirky shower which alternated temperatures to what was almost a consistent pattern so you knew when to step aside for a few seconds. The restaurant's computer would occasionally crash resulting in a lost order but the staff went way beyond the extra mile to make up for the blunder related to my room service order. Honestly, the staff were some of the friendliest I've ever encountered and by far the most helpful, which made up for all of these quirks. I needed a chemist when I checked in on my first night and the hotel staff answered my query for one within seconds. To top it all off, I was even offered a complimentary drink for the road when I checked out in the early morning on New Year's Day. All in all, my experience has left me feeling happy to go back there when I intend to revisit the country when they're in the summer season.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
Tony
"In need of dire renovation"
The hotel is a short walk from the centre, which isn't too bad the first day, but after that it can be a slight inconvenience, however there is a bus stop and a taxi rank just out side the hotel. The hotel was very clean but in desperate need of a renovation, the hotel staff where extremely polite and friendly, the hotel restaurant although it was nice food it is unbelievably expensive, but there is a small bakery a 2 minute walk from the hotel, so that's where I went for my breakfast, All in all we had a pleasant stay in the Radison but if I went to Reykjavik again I would probably look somewhere else
Other trip Oct 18, 2013
Adam
"Over-rated for what you get"
Bed was comfy and shower products were good. But bathroom was split in 2 - toilet and basin on right as you enter room, walk around to bed, then to other side and enter shower - strange set up and got annoying and was very inconvenient. Shower was weak especially for a hotel of this calibre. Food was very expensive at restaurant but they did have a small 'fridge' with some basics at reasonable price like yoghurt, fruit etc to purchase. It was quite basic, not luxurious at all. Would not recommend this hotel at all. Quite a bit of walk from the city centre - more so than I thought looking at the map. Over price for what you get.
1 night trip Aug 25, 2013
Snoopy1234
"1 night in Reykjavik"
We were just spending the night in Reykjavik before leaving Iceland and chose this hotel mainly because of price. It was clean and the staff were friendly, and the breakfast buffet was good. However, the location is a good 20 minute walk outside the downtown and with the weather in Reykjavik that an be a concern...I would recommend trying to get something closer, but other than the location I had no major concerns.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
"Amazing staff and wonderful place to stay"
I had a very good experience for the week that I stayed in this hotel. Perfect breakfast buffet and lovely professional staff
5 night trip Jul 28, 2013
Amir
"Great restaurant but too far from town"
A little too far from the centre of Reykjavik and not in pretty surroundings. We were upgraded to a junior suite but whilst spacious this did not feel luxurious somehow. The staff were very good before and during the trip, providing prompt and courteous assistance. A good breakfast was included with some interesting Icelandic choices for the adventurous (cream cheeses flavoured with birth and moss for example) but the highlight was a fantastic restaurant Grillid with great views on the 8th floor; the 8400 kroner surprise menu may seem expensive but it's easy to spend that in town on inferior food (Iceland is not cheap).
Other trip Aug 2, 2013
magnard
"Not a bad hotel"
Not the most central hotel but it is only a 10 or so minute walk to the city centre. Breakfast buffet is excellent but the dinner buffet is poor so I recommend looking elsewhere for that.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
KL
"Good value for money"
Exterior looks uninspiring, but it's comfortable and by Icelandic standards good value for money. About an 8 minute walk from the City Centre. Excellent buffet breakfast
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"Good hotel in expensive Reykjavik!"
The hotel was slightly away from the city centre but not too far to walk. The room was comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, like most things in Iceland, it is very expensive, especially the breakfast. However the food served and choice was very good.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
Sean
"Good hotel but rooms in need of attention"
The staff were good, attentive and very helpful however the room needed re decorating as tiles missing off bathroom wall, wallpaper peeling off the wall and hairs in sink when we arrived. Other parts like restaurants were well maintained with a good breakfast buffet service. Also the lady who was helping booking tours for people was excellent and extremely helpful.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
Dawn
"Good quality hotel"
The room was clean, a decent size, the bed comfortable. The Wi-Fi signal (prominently advertised by the hotel) was very weak and unreliable. Breakfast service was a patchy - finding a prepared table and getting coffee took a while. The breakfast itself was excellent - lots to choose from. One other slight grumble - couldn't get menus or prices for either of the restaurants in the hotel so assumed they were ridiculously expensive and ate in town.
3 night romance trip Jun 30, 2013
Nice spacious room with good view of city. Classic retro decor but in good condition.
3 night business trip Jun 26, 2013
Roy
Dated hotel. Staff aren't particularly helpful or professional. Reasonably well located.
5 night trip with friends Jun 25, 2013
"Wouldn't call it 4 star but a good hotel"
Staff were friendly, welcoming and always approachable with any issues and Hotel was very clean/tidy had no language issues as the entire staff spoke very good English which was a fantastic surprise. Had some issues with the quality of some of the room areas and items within (phone was broken, unplugged. lamps were unplugged, mattress was well used and needed flipping or replacing). it didn't effect us but there is a building site next door. while no work is currently going on, the project will continue until 2016
Other trip Jun 29, 2013
Greg
"Hotel OK - found service poor"
Overall hotel is in a decent location about a 10-15 minute walk from city centre. Facilities good, food good. I had a problem with the wifi internet connection which i reported 4 times to staff and no one fixed the problem - got passed around - the hotel literature states that if they don't resolve it you don't have to pay but this never happened either. Overall this spoilt what would have been a decent hotel.
Other trip Jun 11, 2013
"Excellent hotel for a short break in Reykjavik."
A great hotel providing comfortable accommodation and good facilities. Good selection at the breakfast buffet. Our Business Class room had a good quality coffee machine, spacious safe and very comfortable beds. The 5th floor room had nice view towards the city centre and the mountains beyond.
Other trip Jun 7, 2013
"Worst Radisson ever."
The room had a stale smell as you entered it, the decor and condition of the room was poor and in need of immediate refurbishment. We were in a junior suite , so I would hate to see a standard room. Tv/movie selection was also lacking. The bathroom was also very bad with a mouldy,mildew smell and very small space considering we were in a suite. Some staff were helpful but most not very concerned about guests well being. The Internet was not reliable at all, most times we had no connection . Room service food was not very good, high prices and again a limited selection. Overall a very poor Radisson hotel, the management of this chain should review this hotel.
Other trip May 25, 2013
Aziz
"-"
Great hotel and very friendly staff. A minibus was also available to take me from the hotel to the local station and then onto the airport.
Other trip May 3, 2013

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Slitt og møkkete"
Veldig slitt hotell. Lobby er det eneste som er pusset opp. Dårlig rengjøring av rommene og hushjelper som ringer fra rommet på din regning. Synlige merker i gangene etter rengjøringstrallene har blitt dyttet bortover veggene.
Response by Radisson Blu Saga Hotel, Reykjavik
Dear guest Thank you very much for your valuable feedback that you have shared about your stay in Radisson Blu Saga hotel. We are very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us but we value and respect your feedback and we will use them to improve our services for all our guest. Warmest Regards
4 night family trip Mar 13, 2016
"Urlaub Island"
Viel gesehen, viel erlebt...
7 night romance trip Mar 5, 2016
Christian
AT
"Old and dated hotel"
Very outdated hotel, not the best experience of the Radisson hotels. Hotel needs renovation - which it's also currently getting.
Response by Radisson Blu Saga Hotel, Reykjavik
Dear Martin, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.
1 night business trip Feb 15, 2016