All hotels in Dublin, Ireland
Excise Walk, IFSC, Dublin, Dublin, 1, Ireland, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice hotel in quiet area"
Welcoming staff from the minute we walked through the doors. I was late so we ate in the restaurant where we received equally friendly staff and had a really delicious dinner. Rooms are clean and well appointed. Bathrooms simple and not fancy but a nice size. A good location but a good 15 minute walk to city center near Trinity College.
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
"Comfy in Dublin"
Loved the hotel. The beds and linens were super comfy. Super location on the water in downtown Dublin. The room service and front desk staff (Rachel is awesome) were very friendly and went out of their way to accomodate requests. The airport shuttle doesn't seem to really exist but it's simple to take the 747 for 6 Euro's and it stops and picks up right by the hotel. I'd definetly stay here again.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
Everett
"never stay there again"
I booked three nights in July 2015 when I need to attend an event at the Convention Center next to it. Despite that I called to confirm my booked the night prior to my arrival, when I arrived, I was told that they could not accommodate me the first night because they were overbooked. I was sent to another hotel about 30 minutes away, which might only cost less than half of what I paid for the room in Spencer hotel. (I paid in advance when I booked the hotel in order to secure my room and the first night cost me $485 + tax). The staff was rude. I was not alone. A few other colleagues who attended the same events were treated the same way. We will never stay there again.
3 night business trip Jul 11, 2015
Wei
"Great and comfortable hotel"
we stayed for two nights and we booked last minute so we were very surprised and happy with the hotel. Hotel is very modern, have regular electricity outlet, which fits Europe, the rooms are specious and clean. Breakfast was excellent. Location is a bit far from Temple Bar but has Tram right behind the hotel so it was perfect. Also has discount parking very close to the hotel.
2 night romance trip Jul 7, 2015
Hagit
"Great value"
great location; clean and spacious rooms
2 night family trip Jun 15, 2015
"A good option on the River Liffey"
Needed an extra night at the end of a mixed business/pleasure trip. The Spencer is a very nice property, a very reasonable walk from the O'Connell Bridge, Grafton Street, the national museums, etc. A little noisy, both from the street and the other rooms, but a nice modern decor and feel. Wish I'd had a chance to check out the pool. *Very* easy access to/from the airport, via the 747 bus which stops right out front (€6 one way / €10 round trip in 2015). Staff was cordial, attentive and helpful.
1 night business trip Jun 13, 2015
"Great experience!"
Excellent hotel and staff. Great location, walking distance to all sights!
3 night romance trip May 29, 2015
Alfonso
"New hotel with some minor drawbacks"
New hotel with nice modern rooms. Comfortable bed. Neighborhood is in a redeveloped area by the river/docks which does not have much activity other than some restaurants, coffee shops, and a grocery store. It is far away from most main attractions in Dublin. However, there are public transport stops close by. Customer service could be improved. Check-in process seemed disorganized and front desk staff seemed distracted and/or bothered to be dealing with guests. Really got the feeling that I was a "low priority" guest at check-in and check-out because I booked a room through an outside vendor like hotels.com. Restaurant service was quick. Food was good with an Asian fusion theme. Nice gym in the basement level with a swimming pool. Shared facilities with a private health club so it was fairly busy with both hotel guests and club members.
3 night trip May 23, 2015
"Exceptional"
I truly enjoyed this hotel. It's one of the first stops off the bus when arriving from the airport. The room I booked was the least expensive so I expected a tiny room. To my surprise it was very spacious. Even the bathroom has an incredible amount of space. I was very impressed. The beds were comfortable. Clean bathroom and linen. The staff was more than helpful. The breakfast was fantastic. I wish I had booked it with my stay. The gym is a legit gym with huge swimming pool. The location was incredible. It's very close to the luas which is the best way to get around in my opinion. The restaurant food was really great. I honestly couldn't complain about anything if I tried.
4 night trip May 11, 2015
Alan
"If sleep not your thing this hotel is for you"
Lovely hotel but don't expect any sleep - between deliveries all night, the noisiest cleaning staff I've ever come across and the renovations it meant sleep is not an option
2 night business trip May 11, 2015
michael
"Nice convenient"
Nice friendly very clean - basic architectural design.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
AMB
"Good Hotel, on the north bank of the Liffey"
good location, convenient for the riverfront as well as less than 10mins from the port of Dublin. Light rail is only a block away.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Sam
"Clean Hotel in Nice Location"
We stayed here for 1 night and got upgraded to a suite for no charge. The room was amazing and had a fantastic view. This hotel is about a 15-20 minute walk to the Temple Bar area and is very close to the local public transportation. The staff were also very nice.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Great stay in Dublin"
This place has the most wonderful staff. Everyone is nice and attentive. The rooms are very clean and modern, also very comfortable.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Jess
"Pleasant 4 Star Hotel - bit out of the way"
Traveled in winter and over the Xmas period. Hotel was very well cleaned and decorated for the holidays, which indicates attention to detail and to the experience of the traveler. Hotel maid service was excellent. Hotel front desk staff was barely attentive. The worst thing I can say about the hotel is that it is a bit off the beaten path and away from most sites and hotspots. However, it is on the light rail stops (the Luas) and is a quick ride over to the train station, shopping, Temple Bar, and the like.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Drew
Enjoyed our stay at The Spencer recently. Good location when attending The Bord Gas. Would have no hesitation staying again.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
"An Excellent Place with Excellent Staff"
A friend and i stayed the weekend and was very pleased with the Service at this Hotel. The staff in all areas were excellent and friendly. We even brought Roman a desk clerk some baked items one night for his helpful service.
3 night trip with friends Nov 28, 2014
Sidney
Clean, modern, fully functional hotel. Great wi-fi, nice pool, walking distance to the sights of Dublin.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
"Friendly and Professional Staff"
My stay at the Spencer was a pleasure. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. The Spencer will appeal to those who prefer modern amenities and comforts. I was in Dublin to do the marathon and preferred to stay in a higher quality hotel in quieter part of town. The Spencer was exactly what I was looking for. It was just a 10 minute trip to City Centre on the Luas, so it was easy to get to the tourist sites, but far from noise of the Temple Bar. I really enjoyed running along the Liffey and exploring neighborhoods around the river. It was a 15 minute walk to Merrion Square.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Maggi
"A clean, modern, comfortable hotel."
We enjoyed staying at The Spencer. It was less expensive than most of the comparable hotels in centre city Dublin. The room was clean and sizable and we had a nice view of the river.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
Sasha
"Beautiful hotel close to everything."
Dined in the hotel restaurant. Service was a little off, but the food was delicious. Small problem with meal quickly resolved. Location is perfect for access to attractions, shopping, and restaurants. We could walk everywhere!
2 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
Katherine and Jim
"Staff is undertrained and overwhelmed"
Problem 1: We could not get internet in our room. We called this to the attention of the hotel staff 4 times, with 4 people and got 4 answers, from "we'll check on it and move your room if necessary" to "there is nothing we can do." Then no follow ups from any of the 4 the staff. Since I was there on work, the internet was critical.....and i had to sit out in the hallway to get it. Then, was there any compensation on the rate at check out? Comp some of my bar or room charges? Nope. Problem 2: The bar is fun and hip and young, but the waitress didn't think it was possible to make a regular Martini, and thought an IPA mean Irish Pale Ale.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
Amazing staff. A bit away from all the tourist places. Lobby turns into a disco night. Excellent food and cocktails.
1 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2014
"Very easy and clean"
Hotel was wonderful. It was about a ten minute walk to Temple Bar and the area we were in was super quiet. Staff was incredibly friendly and the room was very clean. They had the desk staffed 24/7 and even helped us get a taxi at 4am for the airport.
2 night romance trip Aug 19, 2014
Catherine
"Nice hotel in walking distance to city center"
Hotel was nice. Check in was quick and staff pleasant. Room was clean and fine for our stay. We spent a lot of time out and about but it was nice to come back to. Out front of hotel is a stop for for the airport bus and the docklands tour bus from the Dublin bus city tour. You can walk to the city center in less than 20 minutes (it was just my husband and I but no kids). Overall hotel was nice and we had no complaints.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Sam
"Stay here."
This is a fantastic hotel! Friendly staff, prime location, and large, comfortable rooms.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"For Business"
The Spencer (many people still know it as the Clarion) is very modern, very clean and comfortable but pretty "soulless." It is probably mainly appropriate for business travelers because it is located in the heart of the modern business district which is well away from the center of town. Having said that, downtown access is quite easy via either a pleasant stroll along the Liffey or by hopping on the "Lulas" (light rail) which is only a half block away.
2 night trip Jun 10, 2014
Would have been nice to be told the name of the hotel was changing.... Doesn't take long to drop out an email ? We walked around for 20 minutes looking for the Clarion....
Other trip Mar 23, 2014
"Nice new hotel in the IFSC section of Dublin"
Although Hotel seems out of city center - it is on a direct run from the airport on the 747 Dublin bus into the city and in back of the hotel is a Lewis Stop. Hotel is relatively new and in good condition with a pool/gym. Bedding and room are modern and if you get a room in the front of house there is a good view of the Liffy river and city. Pretty good value for the money
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
"comfortable and convenient"
There isn't a cozy feeling about this hotel, more like a get-on-with-your-business vibe. Fitting, I guess, for being next to the IFSC and the convention center. However, our two days there were enjoyable. Room was very nice overlooking the Liffey. Bed very comfortable. Breakfast offerings were wide and tasty. The location was very good for walking into centre city or for hopping on the bus or tram.
2 night trip Jan 14, 2014
Michael Smyth
"Basic utility hotel close to the convention center"
This hotel has all the charm of a stay at a hospital. The interior design of the hotel seems to have achieved the goal of expressing as little personality or charm as possible. The food is particularly dull. Their traditional Irish breakfast is of very low quality and lacking in flavour. It seems, judging by the shrunken sausage, rubbery bacon and eggs, and dry flavorless potatoes that the food is prepared the day before of the lowest quality ingredients available. After the second day, when not enjoying one of the many other restaurants or pubs in Dublin, we found ourselves walking down the street to Jury's for a meal rather than endure another at the Clarion. The restaurant and bar staff seemed entirely lacking in appropriate training. We sat in the lounge on three consecutive afternoons for over thirty minutes before deciding to go elsewhere while the staff hurried about and chatted while ignoring us and everyone else. I was surprised to be under the impression during the entire five night stay that the owners and management of this hotel seem to have absolutely no experience running restaurants or hotels of any kind.
Other trip Dec 18, 2013
Kearnan
"Convenient to City Center"
My daughter and I stayed at the Clarion for a mother/daughter vacation. The staff could not have been nicer. From the maids that cleaned our rooms to the front desk people, the manager, and a special thanks to Eamon, our concierge. The rooms were larger than many European rooms , comfortable and very clean. The location is excellent, away from the hub of Dublin City Center, yet easily accessible to all the must see sights. If I return to Dublin I would definitely stay here again.
5 night family trip May 19, 2013
"Very nice two night stay here"
My wife and I just came back from a week in Ireland and spent two nights here. It was a very nice hotel with great staff. We had a snafu checking in because our room wasn't ready. We had them hold our bags and went out and found a bite to eat. Our room still wasn't ready a couple of hours later, but when we finally were able to check in, our bags were gone. Yes, you guessed it, they went ahead and took them to the room for us proactively. Hotel breakfast buffet was pricy - 15 Euros per person, but excellent. If I had to do this over again, I would have booked rates that included breakfast.
Other trip May 27, 2013
"Bit of a walk ..."
We spent two nights here at the beginning of a 10-day visit to Ireland. It was a bit of a walk to get to the hop-on-hop-off bus stop. On the plus side, there were a couple nice little breakfast / coffee shop places just down the walkway to the left of the hotel (facing it from the street), which was handy. Also a little grocery store. Famine memorial statues were just down the street, as was the tall ship (Jenny Johnston?). Rooms were nice and had internet access. Hallway carpet was very dirty ... in need of replacement. Hotel staff was very nice and helpful when we were inquiring about getting to the airport to pick up our rental car. We were inquiring about a taxi, but the told us about a airport shuttle bus for 3 euros that was due any minute. We rushed to get our stuff from out room, and the gentleman from the front desk came to help when the bus pulled up.
2 night family trip May 3, 2013
Sandi
"Great hotel, would stay again"
We love the price of the hotel for the quality - it was very nice and comfortable. The staff was excellent. Also, it is extremely close to the Dublin LUAS (light rail) and was easy to get back and forth to the CityCenter. The airport bus (747) also drops off and picks up in front of the hotel. We would definitely stay here again.
3 night family trip Mar 15, 2013
David S
"a reasonable hotel"
Overall a good hotel for the price. Nice, clean and well located
Other trip Dec 27, 2012
"Easy Access to Dublin"
Good location and right next to a stop on the Luas; thus, making it very easy to get down to O'Connell St to grab other public transportation. A good place to use as HQ while visiting Dublin.
Other trip Nov 5, 2012
A bit of a walk to the main attractions but not to bad
Other trip Sep 4, 2012
Phillip
"Nice hotel, clean and well-run."
Nice hotel, clean and well-run. Pool in the basement is a nice break for families.
Other trip Aug 30, 2012
"Mediocre at best"
the cleaning staff cleaned the room but more often than not forgot to replace all the towels, did not replace the soap, or coffee or the water, The bed linens were made of polyester so you invariably wake up all sweated up They missed a wake call
Other trip Aug 19, 2012

"Fantastic Hotel"
This is a great Hotel.It has everything, from helpful reception staff, to bar staff, catering staff- despite being extremely busy, and housekeeping. It's spotless, bedrooms really. nice and comfy. Location great
1 night trip with friends Jul 16, 2015
"The only choice for quality in Dublin!"
Excellent Hotel, excellent surroundings, excellent facilities and impeccable service! We stayed here for s citizenship ceremony and had planned to explore the city in our free time. This hotel was so good we stayed within it to use the excellent facilities that it offers. Food in the East Restaurant is of very high quality and has an excellent menu on offer. The staff training is clearly done to 5 star level! I fully recommend that you stay!
1 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
"Most pleasant hotel stay ever, highly recommend."
As we were travelling to Dublin for a concert we chose the Spencer hotel because of it's location (literally 15 mins. walk to the 3 Arena). Initially we thought it was a little on the pricey side @ €130pps but it was very well priced compared to others we priced which were not as well located and surely couldn't have compared to the standard of the Spencer. We parked in the hotel car park (€18/overnight stay) and added breakfast @ €15pp.(great breakfast selection, well worth it) Staff were friendly and professional and the hotel lobby was stylish, however it extends out to the hotel's cocktail bar which can be a little noisy, although not really an issue as your either joining in the revelry or just passing by on your way in or out. The room itself was excellent, for our money we got a twin room with a double bed in one and two singles in the other, both of which were extremely comfortable. A very large bathroom with double sinks, shower and bath. A large screen TV in each room and a balcony with views of the liffey and quaint side streets below. The Spencer hotel provided me with the most enjoyable stay I've ever had in a hotel. Highly recommend it.
1 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2015
Everything was great except that there wasn't a fridge in the room and breakfast for 15 Euros was too much.
5 night business trip Jul 9, 2015
Stayed 2 nights July 15 Nice hotel with friendly staff and the most comfortable beds ever About a 10 min walk to pubs, tour bus etc
2 night trip with friends Jul 6, 2015
Ann
"Two days in Dublin"
We had two days in Dublin and stayed in an executive room in the Spencer. It was a large room with floor to ceiling windows. Very comfy and smart. A short walk to the city centre along the river.
2 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
Sean
Had a great stay in the Spencer Hotel,could'nt fault anything would definitely stay again.
1 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
yvonne
"Nice but not cozy."
Not a cozy interior. Very Grey! Good bed, nice staff. Expensive breakfast with no option for contintal.
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"excellent hotel"
Hotel was beautiful the breakfast was amazing. Would definitely recommend this hotel the staff were very friendly
2 night romance trip Apr 29, 2015
"Lovely hotel and extremely clean."
My girlfriend and I really enjoyed our stay at the spencer hotel. Everything was just as we expected except, when paying for a king size deluxe room we did not expect this to be two twin beds fixed together where the join between to two beds meant you would naturally fall to the centre.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015