All hotels in Dublin, Ireland

• Value
    Poor value for money
    Bad internet service
"Location, Location, Location!!!"
The Spencer Hotel is perfect. Its 4 out of 5 stars easily. Big, clean, rooms and friendly staff. They play music in the lobby and it has a bar so its loud when you come out but thats the atmosphere in this part of Dublin and its great. I will stay here again next time.
4 night trip with friends Jan 28, 2016
CLARENCE
"Honeymoon in Ireland"
The hotel was clean and friendly there wasn't much for me to complain about other than the price of the food( which was a bit much). I would definitely stay there again.
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2016
"Nice hotel on the River Liffey"
The Spenser Hotel is a wonderful hotel on the River Liffey. It sits next to a closed street turned into a courtyard where you can have wonderful coffee and breakfast. It is a few minutes drive from all the action on Grafton Street, but it has its own quieter charm in its location. There are buses right on the street which can take you all over Dublin.
Other trip Nov 5, 2015
Edie
"Recommend The Spencer!"
This was my first time in Dublin and I was pleasantly surprised by the city and these accommodations. The Spencer is neat and modern. The lobby bar is alive and well most nights and there is coffee and some other dining nearby which is good first-thing in the morning. It was about a 15 minute walk into the main part of the city, 20 minutes max which was decent. I kind of liked being just outside the city center but close enough and would choose to stay here again for sure. The gym was really great for a hotel gym and I enjoyed the pool, cardio and TRX on different days. The staff was VERY friendly and I appreciate their help with everything from a lesson on using the kettle to printing our boarding passes. Consider the Spencer for your stay.
3 night family trip Oct 9, 2015
Rabiah
"Great spot for business at the CCD"
Nice room, friendly staff, couldn't have been happier.
1 night business trip Oct 3, 2015
"Nice hotel and staff but in need of some improveme"
It was a nice hotel within walking distance of the city center. The satff were friendly and helpful. The hotel smelled nice and was modern and clean. However, it needs some improvements to rate it a 5. The toilet seat was too high, made for a handicapped person. A different toilet seat should of been made available but was not during our stay. There was no fridge in the room to keep water cold and the pipes run hot so you have to wait a bit for the cold water. Also, my friend complained her sheets were not changed on at least two occasions so she had to request it from the front staff. Further, they advertise there is a concierge but I never saw one and their wifi tends to run slow at times. I would recommend the hotel once the toilet seat issue and cleanliness was addressed.
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
Andi
"Dublin visit"
great location. easy to get to bus for airport.
2 night family trip Sep 20, 2015
"Well Done"
One night layover in Dublin before heading to the Country. Spencer was a great place to be. Close to town and amenities and right on the River Liffey. Enjoyed their breaky and excellent customer service for the most part. There seemed to be some experienced and well intentioned staff at front desk and two staffers we encountered who seemed a bit unclear on helping customers. Overall though we enjoyed the stay and would come again. Also will recommend to friends!
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
"Fantastic hotel"
We had an incredible experience at the Spencer. The staff were so attentive and kind. They made me and my partner feel so welcomed and so cared for. The hotel was really well appointed and in a very good area. Centrally located to everything with only short walks to the Temple Bar area and others. Will definitely stay here again. They now have a customer for life
3 night romance trip Sep 13, 2015
"Highly recommend!"
Friendly staff willing to assist in Dublin. Would stay here again when in Dublin!
1 night romance trip Sep 6, 2015
Debra
"Big rooms"
Nice, clean, big rooms for Europe standards. Make sure you ask for a room with a regular toilet. Ours came with double seat (?) Which was too high to seat. Very odd. They switch rooms right away. Also the location is not city center as described. Its a good 15 minutes walk from shopping area. The upside is that you are away from the noise and the hop on hop off tour bus stops a block away in front of the Jury's Inn. ( the yellow & green bus tour only). NOT the red one. The staff were very courteous and kind. Breakfast is not included. Its $10 pp if you pre-paid. However, it is excellent for big eaters. Finally, just check your bill before leaving. I was being charged for a extra breakfast. I'm sure it was an oversight.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Loly
"The hotel was brilliant. Staff was very friendly."
From check in to check out everyone was lovely. This is a place I would recommend to anyone. I had a minor issue with the coffee machine one morning, left a note and it was fixed by next day. Perfect people.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
"Lovely, quiet, modern hotel"
Stayed 2 nights. Everyone was kind and helpful. Hotel very nice with excellent work out facilities. Very near tourist attractions.
2 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
Parker
"Excellent Hotel"
Great hotel, very friendly and helpful employees at the front desk and room service. The room was modern, clean, spacious, and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean with good water pressure and all the necessary toiletries. The patio overlooking the river was very enjoyable. Several restaurants were next to the hotel for breakfast and lunch. It is located in a quiet part of town with a rather long walk, 20-25 minutes, to Temple Bar area were all the action and restaurants were located. The airport link stops in front of the hotel which makes it very convenient.
3 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
Davood
"Nice hotel in quiet area"
Welcoming staff from the minute we walked through the doors. I was late so we ate in the restaurant where we received equally friendly staff and had a really delicious dinner. Rooms are clean and well appointed. Bathrooms simple and not fancy but a nice size. A good location but a good 15 minute walk to city center near Trinity College.
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
"Comfy in Dublin"
Loved the hotel. The beds and linens were super comfy. Super location on the water in downtown Dublin. The room service and front desk staff (Rachel is awesome) were very friendly and went out of their way to accomodate requests. The airport shuttle doesn't seem to really exist but it's simple to take the 747 for 6 Euro's and it stops and picks up right by the hotel. I'd definetly stay here again.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
Everett
"never stay there again"
I booked three nights in July 2015 when I need to attend an event at the Convention Center next to it. Despite that I called to confirm my booked the night prior to my arrival, when I arrived, I was told that they could not accommodate me the first night because they were overbooked. I was sent to another hotel about 30 minutes away, which might only cost less than half of what I paid for the room in Spencer hotel. (I paid in advance when I booked the hotel in order to secure my room and the first night cost me $485 + tax). The staff was rude. I was not alone. A few other colleagues who attended the same events were treated the same way. We will never stay there again.
3 night business trip Jul 11, 2015
Wei
Great modern hotel. Great food at restaurant. Friendly staff
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
"Great and comfortable hotel"
we stayed for two nights and we booked last minute so we were very surprised and happy with the hotel. Hotel is very modern, have regular electricity outlet, which fits Europe, the rooms are specious and clean. Breakfast was excellent. Location is a bit far from Temple Bar but has Tram right behind the hotel so it was perfect. Also has discount parking very close to the hotel.
2 night romance trip Jul 7, 2015
Hagit
"Convenient and modern hotel in Dublin"
Cool location overlooking River. Tram outside door. Had dinner on boat on River 1/4 mile from hotel. Staff not quite as helpful as other reviews reported. Great pool! lots of breakfast spots close by and bus to airport right next door.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
Mc
"Great staff especially Ruslan"
Staff was very efficient. They endured we were taken care when our Airport transport did not come
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
jimmie
"Great value"
great location; clean and spacious rooms
2 night family trip Jun 15, 2015
"Staff attitude was Excellent"
Staff was great especially Ruslan. Rooms advert comfortable
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
san jose, CA
"A good option on the River Liffey"
Needed an extra night at the end of a mixed business/pleasure trip. The Spencer is a very nice property, a very reasonable walk from the O'Connell Bridge, Grafton Street, the national museums, etc. A little noisy, both from the street and the other rooms, but a nice modern decor and feel. Wish I'd had a chance to check out the pool. *Very* easy access to/from the airport, via the 747 bus which stops right out front (€6 one way / €10 round trip in 2015). Staff was cordial, attentive and helpful.
1 night business trip Jun 13, 2015
"Great experience!"
Excellent hotel and staff. Great location, walking distance to all sights!
3 night romance trip May 29, 2015
Alfonso
"New hotel with some minor drawbacks"
New hotel with nice modern rooms. Comfortable bed. Neighborhood is in a redeveloped area by the river/docks which does not have much activity other than some restaurants, coffee shops, and a grocery store. It is far away from most main attractions in Dublin. However, there are public transport stops close by. Customer service could be improved. Check-in process seemed disorganized and front desk staff seemed distracted and/or bothered to be dealing with guests. Really got the feeling that I was a "low priority" guest at check-in and check-out because I booked a room through an outside vendor like hotels.com. Restaurant service was quick. Food was good with an Asian fusion theme. Nice gym in the basement level with a swimming pool. Shared facilities with a private health club so it was fairly busy with both hotel guests and club members.
3 night trip May 23, 2015
"Exceptional"
I truly enjoyed this hotel. It's one of the first stops off the bus when arriving from the airport. The room I booked was the least expensive so I expected a tiny room. To my surprise it was very spacious. Even the bathroom has an incredible amount of space. I was very impressed. The beds were comfortable. Clean bathroom and linen. The staff was more than helpful. The breakfast was fantastic. I wish I had booked it with my stay. The gym is a legit gym with huge swimming pool. The location was incredible. It's very close to the luas which is the best way to get around in my opinion. The restaurant food was really great. I honestly couldn't complain about anything if I tried.
4 night trip May 11, 2015
Alan
"If sleep not your thing this hotel is for you"
Lovely hotel but don't expect any sleep - between deliveries all night, the noisiest cleaning staff I've ever come across and the renovations it meant sleep is not an option
2 night business trip May 11, 2015
michael
"Nice convenient"
Nice friendly very clean - basic architectural design.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
AMB
"Good Hotel, on the north bank of the Liffey"
good location, convenient for the riverfront as well as less than 10mins from the port of Dublin. Light rail is only a block away.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Sam
"Clean Hotel in Nice Location"
We stayed here for 1 night and got upgraded to a suite for no charge. The room was amazing and had a fantastic view. This hotel is about a 15-20 minute walk to the Temple Bar area and is very close to the local public transportation. The staff were also very nice.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Great stay in Dublin"
This place has the most wonderful staff. Everyone is nice and attentive. The rooms are very clean and modern, also very comfortable.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Jess
"Pleasant 4 Star Hotel - bit out of the way"
Traveled in winter and over the Xmas period. Hotel was very well cleaned and decorated for the holidays, which indicates attention to detail and to the experience of the traveler. Hotel maid service was excellent. Hotel front desk staff was barely attentive. The worst thing I can say about the hotel is that it is a bit off the beaten path and away from most sites and hotspots. However, it is on the light rail stops (the Luas) and is a quick ride over to the train station, shopping, Temple Bar, and the like.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Drew
Enjoyed our stay at The Spencer recently. Good location when attending The Bord Gas. Would have no hesitation staying again.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
"An Excellent Place with Excellent Staff"
A friend and i stayed the weekend and was very pleased with the Service at this Hotel. The staff in all areas were excellent and friendly. We even brought Roman a desk clerk some baked items one night for his helpful service.
3 night trip with friends Nov 28, 2014
Sidney
Clean, modern, fully functional hotel. Great wi-fi, nice pool, walking distance to the sights of Dublin.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
"Friendly and Professional Staff"
My stay at the Spencer was a pleasure. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. The Spencer will appeal to those who prefer modern amenities and comforts. I was in Dublin to do the marathon and preferred to stay in a higher quality hotel in quieter part of town. The Spencer was exactly what I was looking for. It was just a 10 minute trip to City Centre on the Luas, so it was easy to get to the tourist sites, but far from noise of the Temple Bar. I really enjoyed running along the Liffey and exploring neighborhoods around the river. It was a 15 minute walk to Merrion Square.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Maggi
"A clean, modern, comfortable hotel."
We enjoyed staying at The Spencer. It was less expensive than most of the comparable hotels in centre city Dublin. The room was clean and sizable and we had a nice view of the river.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
Sasha
"Beautiful hotel close to everything."
Dined in the hotel restaurant. Service was a little off, but the food was delicious. Small problem with meal quickly resolved. Location is perfect for access to attractions, shopping, and restaurants. We could walk everywhere!
2 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
Katherine and Jim
"Staff is undertrained and overwhelmed"
Problem 1: We could not get internet in our room. We called this to the attention of the hotel staff 4 times, with 4 people and got 4 answers, from "we'll check on it and move your room if necessary" to "there is nothing we can do." Then no follow ups from any of the 4 the staff. Since I was there on work, the internet was critical.....and i had to sit out in the hallway to get it. Then, was there any compensation on the rate at check out? Comp some of my bar or room charges? Nope. Problem 2: The bar is fun and hip and young, but the waitress didn't think it was possible to make a regular Martini, and thought an IPA mean Irish Pale Ale.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
Amazing staff. A bit away from all the tourist places. Lobby turns into a disco night. Excellent food and cocktails.
1 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2014
"Very easy and clean"
Hotel was wonderful. It was about a ten minute walk to Temple Bar and the area we were in was super quiet. Staff was incredibly friendly and the room was very clean. They had the desk staffed 24/7 and even helped us get a taxi at 4am for the airport.
2 night romance trip Aug 19, 2014
Catherine
"Nice hotel in walking distance to city center"
Hotel was nice. Check in was quick and staff pleasant. Room was clean and fine for our stay. We spent a lot of time out and about but it was nice to come back to. Out front of hotel is a stop for for the airport bus and the docklands tour bus from the Dublin bus city tour. You can walk to the city center in less than 20 minutes (it was just my husband and I but no kids). Overall hotel was nice and we had no complaints.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Sam
"Stay here."
This is a fantastic hotel! Friendly staff, prime location, and large, comfortable rooms.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"For Business"
The Spencer (many people still know it as the Clarion) is very modern, very clean and comfortable but pretty "soulless." It is probably mainly appropriate for business travelers because it is located in the heart of the modern business district which is well away from the center of town. Having said that, downtown access is quite easy via either a pleasant stroll along the Liffey or by hopping on the "Lulas" (light rail) which is only a half block away.
2 night trip Jun 10, 2014
Would have been nice to be told the name of the hotel was changing.... Doesn't take long to drop out an email ? We walked around for 20 minutes looking for the Clarion....
Other trip Mar 23, 2014
"Nice new hotel in the IFSC section of Dublin"
Although Hotel seems out of city center - it is on a direct run from the airport on the 747 Dublin bus into the city and in back of the hotel is a Lewis Stop. Hotel is relatively new and in good condition with a pool/gym. Bedding and room are modern and if you get a room in the front of house there is a good view of the Liffy river and city. Pretty good value for the money
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
"comfortable and convenient"
There isn't a cozy feeling about this hotel, more like a get-on-with-your-business vibe. Fitting, I guess, for being next to the IFSC and the convention center. However, our two days there were enjoyable. Room was very nice overlooking the Liffey. Bed very comfortable. Breakfast offerings were wide and tasty. The location was very good for walking into centre city or for hopping on the bus or tram.
2 night trip Jan 14, 2014
Michael Smyth
"Basic utility hotel close to the convention center"
This hotel has all the charm of a stay at a hospital. The interior design of the hotel seems to have achieved the goal of expressing as little personality or charm as possible. The food is particularly dull. Their traditional Irish breakfast is of very low quality and lacking in flavour. It seems, judging by the shrunken sausage, rubbery bacon and eggs, and dry flavorless potatoes that the food is prepared the day before of the lowest quality ingredients available. After the second day, when not enjoying one of the many other restaurants or pubs in Dublin, we found ourselves walking down the street to Jury's for a meal rather than endure another at the Clarion. The restaurant and bar staff seemed entirely lacking in appropriate training. We sat in the lounge on three consecutive afternoons for over thirty minutes before deciding to go elsewhere while the staff hurried about and chatted while ignoring us and everyone else. I was surprised to be under the impression during the entire five night stay that the owners and management of this hotel seem to have absolutely no experience running restaurants or hotels of any kind.
Other trip Dec 18, 2013
Kearnan
"Convenient to City Center"
My daughter and I stayed at the Clarion for a mother/daughter vacation. The staff could not have been nicer. From the maids that cleaned our rooms to the front desk people, the manager, and a special thanks to Eamon, our concierge. The rooms were larger than many European rooms , comfortable and very clean. The location is excellent, away from the hub of Dublin City Center, yet easily accessible to all the must see sights. If I return to Dublin I would definitely stay here again.
5 night family trip May 19, 2013