All hotels in Bloomington, Minnesota, United States of America
801 East 78th Street, Bloomington, MN, 55420, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Decent hotel"
Nice bed. Rooms could use remodel. Weak breakfast. Toast and juice.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
traveler
"Decent hotel close to airport"
I enjoyed my stay. I needed a decent place to spend a couple of nights close to the airport. The price was just right and so was the location of the hotel.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Alain
Comfortable, inexpensive hotel near Minneapolis Airport. Room was small but very comfortable. I used it only for sleeping and it was more then satisfactory for that.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
"Recent stay"
The room was adequate and clean. The breakfast wasn't so good. In fact it should be a continental breakfast. No waffles, not really any hot food just bagels and heat in the microwave oatmeal. Only 2 tables to sit at.
2 night romance trip Mar 1, 2015
"Excellent hotel for good price"
Very comfortable and the location is convenient. Staff is super friendly.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
Tawny
"Satisfactory for a bargain price"
Certainly satisfactory for the price. Cons: not enough space to eat your continental breakfast.
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
"Okay for an early flight in the morning"
I stayed here for the night to fly out early in the morning. It was perfect for that! It's very close to MSP and it only took me about 10 minutes to make it to the terminal parking. I'd do it again the next time I fly out of MSP.
1 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
It was ok the halls and elevator smelled like cigarettes but the room didn't.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
chris
"it was ok"
nice place to stay staff was very friendly but rooms could be cleanier.
1 night business trip Feb 16, 2015
Carla
"Nice place for a great price"
Good and affordable
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Mall of America"
Affordable clean rooms
2 night trip Feb 6, 2015
frankv
"great value"
This is a fine place, felt comfortable, safe, clean and a very good value. Great service with shuttle to and from airport and friendly staff.
1 night business trip Feb 6, 2015
"The staff was very accomodating and helpful"
The staff had the room that I had requested (on a lower level and smoking).
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"To leave to southern vacaton"
OK was able to leave car in their lot, for a reasonable fee.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Irv
Nice, clean hotel close to a store, restaurants, and Mall of America. Good value for a little amount.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
"Ok for the price"
It was OK for the price. Certainly won't impress anyone ..but was far from terrible. Next time I'd spend just a little more for nicer. I only was in town for a one night stay.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
MN traveller
"So much noise I couldn't sleep"
The room was so out dated, I'm pretty sure it hasn't been updated in 20 years. There was a noise coming from the walls that went on all night, it made it very difficult to sleep. The bed was very uncomfortable and even though it was a smoking room it stunk like it had never been cleaned. The carpet was very dirty and the walls needed washed down.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Smelly hotel"
Your entire hotel smells like cigarette smoke, even in the non smoking rooms which makes it morally difficult to bring a child there to stay. There was ONE towel in our room booked for THREE people. No shampoo in the bathroom and the shower plug wouldn’t stay plugged in so my child couldn’t take a bath. “Breakfast” in the morning consisted of a bit of cereal and stale bagels. Your only solace is that your employees seemed nice and didn’t hesitate to give me extra towels when I asked for them.
1 night family trip Jan 19, 2015
"Returning Guest- Still a GREAT deal"
I always stay here when I am heading out for a cruise. The price is great, they have a small work out room, they have free wifi, free airport shuttle and I have had no issues. The carpet needs to be stretched on the first floor but otherwise good. Denny's is literally right out the side door and Walmart is on the other side.
1 night family trip Jan 11, 2015
Victoria
"A night away"
It would have been nice to have sheets for the window seat.
1 night family trip Jan 12, 2015
"Loud heater and old fix'ins"
Staff was nice but the hotel inside was run down. Needed new furniture and carpet. Bed was uncomfortable and pillows were about as thin as the blanket. Towels weren't any better. Heater worked but was horribly loud and kicked in ever 4 min making it impossible to sleep. Breakfast was just sad
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
worktrip101
"magnificent"
Very friendly staff and very helpful
7 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
Alfonso
"Size of a bathroom (with a bathroom on the side)"
I have never been to a Microtel before. I had no idea the rooms were so tiny. I think my kitchen has more square footage, but again, I didn't know. Our room was like an oven when we walked in. We had to crack the window to maintain the heat. It's actually a good thing it was -30 below outside or the room would never cool down. Bathroom was a bathroom. For a place to just sleep, it's fine for the price. I would probably never visit there again.
1 night trip Jan 3, 2015
robert
"service can be improvrd"
Hotel does not puts shampoo and moisturizer in rooms unless asked. Then u have to go to front desk to pick. Room vacuum not done properly.
3 night trip Dec 30, 2014
"Average at BEST"
We stayed in room 208. The The wall above the bathtub was covered in mold along the line where the wallpaper meets the top if the tub surround. I brought this to the clerk's attention and her reply was "we don't have mold in this hotel - it's black caulk." As a plumber myself, I have seen plenty of caulk and plenty of mold, and I most definitely know the difference. The morning clerk at checkout seemed unconcerned as well. There was a wire hanging off the side of the cabinet the TV was mounted on. Maybe a remote sensor? It was just hanging in a most curious and unfinished way. The heater/Cooling unit was terrible - couldn't regulate a temperature at all. And, oh, if you're going to advertise any kind of breakfast, make it worth coming to the lobby for - really poor. We've stayed at other Microtel Inns and been pretty pleased for the most part. This property needs some attention!
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
Gregory
"Good hotel for the price"
My husband and I made a quick trip to the cities for a night, and I like to search this website for the best hotel for the cheapest price with the best ratings. This is the one we chose for this trip. For the price we paid, we were impressed when arrived. The service was nice, it hotel was clean and quiet, and our suite was great. The only downfalls of our experience were: the TV was mounted on top of a dresser, so you couldn't watch without laying down, the continental breakfast was just some bagels, a mini muffin, and cold cereal, and because of the hotel's proximity to the interstate, when my husband woke up at 5am, he couldn't fall back asleep due to the noise of cars passing by. Overall, we would return if the price is still right.
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
"Decent"
A little disappointed by the lack of shuttle service. They use a taxi service that was less than expected. Room was significantly small than the room I had a Microtel, Kansas City. Okay for a quick overnight but nothing else.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"No frills, but all you need for business travel"
3 days for work. No frills hotel that is entirely adequate.
3 night business trip Dec 15, 2014
"TERRIBLE!!!"
I Didn't Stay At Hotel, But Was Charged For Changing My Mind! I Arrived After Scheduled Reservation, But Made Notification, And Was Still Charged!
3 night family trip Dec 18, 2014
It was awesome experience compare to the price I paid to stay. Staffs are kind and it was a clean hotel overall
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
"Decent hotel for the price"
This is the first time staying at this hotel. It is kind of sketchy that you can hear people clear as day through the walls talking next door, but otherwise the staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. The rooms are small, but that's the point of a MicroTel. This one is conveniently located across the street from Walmart and very close to the MOA or IKEA and many high-quality restaurants. We did not eat the complimentary breakfast at the hotel as the eating/prepping area is pretty tiny. But overall, good place. We would stay here again.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
Veronica
"DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL"
I reserved my three room in this hotel three months before my stay. I asked them for a same floor and close rooms, none-smoking room, joint room, microwave and a ref for stay. They informed me I would need to call one month before the check in date so they can make the arrangements. I called again one month before my stay and they told me they putted a note in for me. I called again one week before the check in date to make sure. And they said they have it noted for me. And they will make the arrangement for me. One day before the check in, I called again to make sure they saved my request and they guaranteed me that they did. When I came in to check in, they made me wait till 3pm because they said they'll need to arrange my room of my request. They made me wait 3 hours just to inform me that they don't have a note of my requested arrangements and they don't have a joint room for me and me and my guest are far apart. They didn't even put a microwave or ref in either rooms I booked. Plus even if it say none smoking , I can still smell the smoke. When I complained to the lady. They said they were booked and they cannot do anything. It looks nice in the photos but don't believe it. I can hear my neighbors upstairs and my next door neighbors. The place is dirty, the bathroom are not maintained (my dryer was not working and they didn't even bother to fix it after I reported it). Breakfast only has milk, oj, bagel, cereal, coffee. No eggs or waffles.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
C
"Great last minute solo getaway!"
Great solo getaway. Highly recommend as the hotel is close to all major attractions-Mall of America within minutes.
1 night trip Dec 14, 2014
Angela
"Great 4 solo getaway!"
I was in neee of a solo getaway and I must admit my overall experience was FABULOUS! The room was very comfortable, the bed-I didn't want to get out of, and the hotel location is extremely convenient/close to everything especially the Mall of America! I ended up extending my stay one more night. To my suprise upgraded me to a suite!!
2 night trip Dec 12, 2014
Angela
Sheets still had hair on it when I checked in. Had to tell them to change it.
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
dan
"met our expectations"
the staff is nice.the rooms look just like the one we saw on Expedia website. Right next door to Dennys. And across the street from Walmart.we were handed sheets when we let them know the sofa bed was dirty and not changed. we had a good night's sleep. However, the continental breakfast was extremely sparse.
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
Sandra
"Bad experience getting to hotel from airport."
Advertised as having a free shuttle from airport, called hotel and they told me they didn't have one and gave me the number of the taxi to call that they used and said it would be paid for. I called and gave the taxi service my number and was told driver would be be in 10 mins. and would call me when there. Waited about 45 min. and called again, they said they gave him the wrong number, and that he had been there. When he came back he complained that I cost him $6.00 to come back because I was a no show. He was difficult to understand and I tried to explain I never got a call and was not told what cab to look for. I felt uncomfortable alone with this driver that was upset with me, I gave him the $6.00 and told the hotel, but was not paid back. They said they would report it.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
"weekend getaway"
The comforter on the bed was badly torn...
1 night romance trip Nov 23, 2014
"Microtel"
Very friendly check in close to the mall and a few restaurants. Rooms were huge with living room areas and kitchenette areas. Check the actual price of the hotel before booking on a .com site though. Hotels.com $79.99 actual room rate was only $55.
1 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
Tre
"Works for me!"
I stayed here alone before a conference. The rooms are quite small but fine for a single traveler. You definitely hear the interstate but it didn't bother me. Sure, I noticed some flaws in things like the carpet and bed linens but it's okay.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
Laurie
"Perfectly adequate on a budget."
Overall, you get what you pay for - if you are traveling on a shoestring budget and not picky, this place is perfect. It gets the job done. The building smells funny and the rooms could definitely be cleaner upon your arrival, but again, it's fine and it gets the job done on a budget. Only real complaint is that the heater in my room didn't work (and it was 7 degrees outside). However they were nice enough to move me to a suite when I reported the broken heater.
3 night trip Nov 27, 2014
"Clean, quiet and comfortable!"
A friend and I stayed here for our Black Friday shopping weekend. The hotel was clean, quiet and comfortable...exactly what we needed after our long shopping days. Our one complaint was that the lighting in the room is terrible...very dark feeling. The location was great and central to all of the local malls and entertainment. We will be staying here again next year.
2 night trip with friends Nov 28, 2014
Candi
"Very nice stay"
We stayed for 5 nights over thanksgiving. Room was clean and bed comfortable. Staff was helpful and I enjoyed the breakfast they provided - All in all, very good value for the price I paid. I suspect the poor reviews this hotel gets are from customers who paid a much higher price and hence the dissatisfaction. I would definitely stay here again for the price I paid.
5 night romance trip Nov 24, 2014
"You get what you pay for"
Located this hotel online and did not really need anything fancy since we were only staying one night. It was quite outdated and you had to ask for personal items like shampoo & conditioner. The carpeting was dirty and the wallpaper was patched up in the bathroom. The continental breakfast was not much, just cereal, bagels, milk and juice. The breakfast area was very small and had few seating areas in the lobby. I will not be back.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Janet
"Very close to MOA"
All in all a good stay. Nothing went missing and it was 10 times better than the hotel we were at 2 days before. Could have used a fridge for child's milk but instead we took it from the continental breakfast.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
CdnTom
"Good value for the price"
I had six hour stay between flights. The price was attractive, but also prior knowledge that Microtel is the best of the low cost brands. There is a blemish here and there but nothing worth complaining about. The bed was fine, the bathroom was clean, and it had a modern tv. This is probably best for individual travelers who won't be stuck in their room for extended amounts of time.
1 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
Tracy
We only stayed a few hours on our road trip but it was nice.
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
"As expected."
Standard for the price paid. No frills. No microwave or mini fridge in room. Friendly staff. Was acceptable.
2 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
Gregorio
"Easy locatin"
Good experience. We have stayed there several times.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
"Needs updating"
This hotel was okay, but just okay. The hallway carpet was loose and wrinkled in spots. The bottom of the bathtub had a large adhesive patch that doubled at a bathmat, but when standing in the shower, it felt like you were going to break through the bottom of the tub...it felt weak and broken under the "patch". Also, there were no complimentary toiletries - i.e. shampoo, conditioner, lotion. We forgot our shampoo and just had to make do with shower soap - ugh! Also the continental breakfast left something to be desired - hard bagels, cold cereal, and mini muffins. There were also only two tables for eating - both right near the front door, not near the food. I realize that we paid a higher price because of the location, but this place needed some updating and improvements. We will not stay here again.