All hotels in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Room is not nice
    Bad amenities
  • Wellness Area
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"Nice, clean hotel, courteous staff."
Enjoyed the stay. We were tired from a full day of driving, and found the room to be a comfortable place to unwind after the trip.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
Allen
"Comfortable & Affordable"
This hotel is quite nice. There is hotels surrounding it. The pool is in the main lobby, which is quite awkward when your walking by the doors to the pool with your swimsuit. They didn't have many channels on their cable and it was very fuzzy. The room was clean and it looked exactly like the picture. The people who worked there were quite nice we had no problems. The only thing is the hotel is a bit far from stores it's about two blocks. I would have liked it if the were walking distance. Overall I do like this hotel and would stay there again, it's not far from West Edmonton.
2 night trip Jun 10, 2013
Mya
"very nice facility close to WEM"
We booked three rooms for ourselves, our children, their spouses and our 6 grandsons. We all enjoyed our stay. The hotel was very nice, the staff very friendly and helpful. The location was only about 5 minutes from the West Edmonton Mall and was near fuel, food, and everything else we needed. We were too busy at the mall to use the restaurant or pool but they looked nice.
Other trip Jun 16, 2013
Ron
Beds were very hard and uncomfortable to sleep in.
2 night business trip Apr 29, 2013
Diana

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Great place to stay."
It is a new hotel, great room and worth the money.
Other trip Apr 17, 2016
Still going through renovations.
2 night family trip Apr 6, 2016
"Never again"
We needed a pet friendly room and got one as far away from an exit for bathroom trips as could be. The room was hot, but could not plug in air conditioner and had no other way to control temp. The window had sheers but no curtain to draw for privacy. The carpets were filthy and visibly stained.
3 night family trip Mar 31, 2016
The hotel was not great. Customer service was not good. Calling the front desk never got a response. The elevator sounded like a moving coffin to be honest and once got stuck and would not open.
3 night trip Mar 22, 2016
Manny
"Caution: Under Construction"
The website as well as the physical sign outside the hotel indicated they had a restaurant on site, however the restaurant was under renovations which was frustrating as it was one of the reasons I booked there.
11 night business trip Mar 14, 2016
It was noisy, the tub didn't work and the room had cobwebs all over the ceiling. Not worth the price I paid.
1 night business trip Mar 23, 2016
"Bad Service but decent hotel for stay."
If you are looking for bad customer service, temperamental attitude of the hotel staff then this hotel is for you. My visit was for business and I arrived at 12pm to check in. Mind you, I understand that the hotel didnt have the room ready as people were checking out, but the hotel staff told me to come back at 3pm as the check in time is 4pm and they would ask the housekeeping to clean the room. When I was back at 3pm, the same hotel staff was rude that I came back to the hotel at exactly 3pm and made me wait till 4pm in the lobby to get my room. If I hadnt booked via hotels.com I would have cancel the stay and find another hotel that would provide me better customer service. I did however cancel my 2 day stay the following at the same hotel. No customer should be treated as trash when they are paying for a service that pays these guys paycheques.
4 night business trip Mar 20, 2016
SHANNAWAZ
Very convenient located with shops, restaurants, Walmart, West Edmonton Mall within 5 mins drive. Very roomier room. However under renovation currently. Some facilities not open. Very disappointed that rollaway bed not available even web says yes. I have to book extra room.
1 night family trip Mar 17, 2016
"Rude awakening"
There was some kind of cables running through our room,,,,, a hole in the ceiling.... And the housekeeping lady banged and banged on our door at 9 am then opened our door... When she tried to open the door the safety latch was on and she continued to yell out " housekeeping" .... My husband went to the door at this time and she said well aren't you checking out today....... Very disrespected and a horrible wake up call...... When we checked out the front desk girl apologized but she said since we booked third party she really couldn't do anything..... Not sure if I would recommend this hotel
1 night trip with friends Mar 12, 2016
kimberly
Air conditioning was poor got all stuffed up from it there were holes in the wall boards missing around the air conditioning
2 night family trip Mar 11, 2016
"Enjoyed my stay"
The room was excellent. Currently, March 2016, the restaurant is closed while renovations are ongoing. Staff were very friendly.
4 night business trip Feb 22, 2016
Alan
Rooms were good and clean. But beds were pretty firm compared to other best western plus' that I have stayed at before. Woke up to no water in the morning as hotel was under construction. Understandable as they had a cheaper rate than usual. But they did not tell me before I checked in that the water would be off. If they did I would of stayed elsewhere. Breakfast was shameful compared to any other best western that offer the same breakfast. Overall was a 3 out of 5 all bad being said. I probably will not stay here again. But the choice is yours.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2016
Darren
"Okay hotel"
Very dated, but there are signs saying renovations are in progress. Room was adequate. Don't expect frills, but a decent hotel to stay overnight.
1 night family trip Feb 13, 2016
Reno were happening, but they were still accomidating....
2 night business trip Jan 31, 2016
front desk very accommodating. undergoing extensive renovations however did not impact our stay
1 night family trip Jan 25, 2016
"Enjoyed stay"
Great service, buffet breakfast appreciated, however could use a few more hot items
Other trip Jan 6, 2016
"Renovations & miserable"
The hotel is undergoing major renovations. This should have been made clear and the rate should have been reflected. That allows the person reserving to decide if the rate is attractive enough to ignore the miserable state the hotel is in or not. Had we known, I would not have reserved this hotel. It was very disappointing. The rooms were not clean. The hotel very run down. It shows promise but our experience this weekend was very unpleasant. Staff was not super helpful either. We requested our bed sheets be changed but the person sent to do this had never made a bed in his life!! We have been to many Best Westerns and had good experiences but this was abismal.
Other trip Jan 4, 2016
S.
"This hotel has renovation and smell like pet house"
Staff or reception so mean I booked on Jen 01/2016 and I was there I cant stay more in 5 minutes when I asked reception to check out she said ok but you need to call expedia to get your money back so I check out in 5 minutes then she tell exedia I check out in Jen 03/2106 I do have other hotel receipt from Jen 01 /2016 until Jen 03 /2016 and is no way to stay in 2 hotel in same time !!!!
Other trip Jan 4, 2016
"Last minute booking"
Booked a room with 2 queen beds. Was given a poorly organised room with two doubles. Tried to charge me 30 more per night. Staff were not welcoming or friendly. The place is a mess and should be closed down to allow renovations to be completed. This is not a Best western plus. We try to stay in Best western plus because the standard is high.- not this one. We had just spent 3 nights in a plus in St Albert which was great.
Other trip Jan 1, 2016
HL
"Cold nights"
We usually always stay here while in Edmonton because of the convenient location. This time was different. We had little heat coming out of the register the first night, hardly any hot water in the morning. The second night, it was an icebox and no hot water whatsoever. Given that they were renovating, we expected something's not to be in order, however, the hotel staff could've cared less. They were unfriendly and not helpful. It will be a while before we go back.
Other trip Dec 24, 2015
TJ
I didn't like the little window in the room
2 night family trip Dec 18, 2015
Ruth
"Cold room , dust on first floor (building work )"
I leave my computer in the hotel and roomcleaning person didn't call me back, i drive 500 add km for take it back . And any sorry for that
Other trip Dec 7, 2015
Oleksandr
"West Hotel"
The Hotel right now is in renovations and everything is a mess. The room was assigned and to get there the corridor was with a terrible smell a cigarette. When we arrive to the room, the washroom was not cleaned, I called housekeeping and reception and nobody reply. I went to reception and the only guy available said that the housekeeping personnel work till 5pm and he changed us to another room. The bed in the new room was with a lot of hairssssss.... terrible expirience in this hotel.
Other trip Dec 4, 2015
"cold hotel in the winter"
I had the worse experience ever of my life in North America's hotels. For 3 nights my room was not well heated until I realize on the last night that the window was not closing tight( letting in a fresh air from the outside), and noticed at the same time that the heater was not working despite the noise it was making. The staff tried to bring to me a portable heater at 2 occasions but none of them was not working. They decided to switch me in an other room where the heater was not working too, then after an hour they switch me to a 3rd room where things seems to work. I went through this misery not only for 3 nights but on the last night my trial went from 8 pm to 2 am and I had to wake up at 6 am:) They credited me a night but that did not take over the stress of a short night of sleep. Hope this never happen again.
Other trip Dec 2, 2015
serge
"Hotel under renovation"
This hotel was under renovation and this was not disclosed upon making the reservation. The lobby the breakfast room all at the same price!!! Could not sleep through the night people were loud . Boom boom in the hallways and adjacent rooms. Breakfast was poor although included I would not recommend.
Other trip Nov 25, 2015
"Under renovation"
Hotel is under renovation. Totally diss appointed that this was not mentioned on your site. My room had cracked walls and a large hole next to the air con and heating system. There was stains on the sealing and there was silicone in all the joints in the ceiling. Breakfast was sad and coffee had no coffee in. Overall I would not have chosen this hotel if I knew they where renovating. Totally dissappointed with hotels .ca
1 night family trip Nov 20, 2015
Maria
"Conviemient location"
The hotel is currently undergoing much needed renovation. There is no restaurant as advertised they did however provide a nice continental breakfast.getting linen was an issue every day as was the added inconvenience of having our room cards recoded every time we returned. Staff was friendly .
Other trip Nov 20, 2015
tammy
"Thermostat"
Thermostat was broken and room was soo hot! The staff didn't seem to care when I told them. I had to sleep with the window open. Never going back. Would never recommend to anyone.
Other trip Nov 20, 2015
Dylan
Will not stay here again. Mistakenly thought that it would be better than the first time. Oh well, live and learn.
1 night family trip Nov 14, 2015
"Very poor hotel"
We have stayed here over years and truly this time is our last. Rating reflects rooms are nosie had to call front desk 2 times during night and rcmp attended one time, clientelle has gone down. Moved to another hotel after this night and our next 3 nights where fantastic and price only $60 more @ west edmonton mall. So my stay at Best western was poor
2 night trip with friends Nov 11, 2015
Wendy
"horrible place"
The room was freezing, we couldn't get it warmer than 20 degrees Celsius, and there were hardly any blankets on the beds. The toilet didn't flush properly, and although we told the front desk no one ever fixed it. There were never enough towels at the pool, and although I had prepaid for my room, they charged my credit card at the end of my stay in spite of the fact that I told her I had already paid for it, and she akbowleged that. I will never stay at this hotel ever again.
Other trip Nov 16, 2015
Tammy
"Awful"
Worst hotel I' ve ever been in Edmonton . they were doing renovations which was not informed when doing the reservation, all was dirty and torned apart, but even were there was no construction, still all was filthy, old and not taken care of, smelled cigarrete all over the place, no decoration, just a war zone. They offered a complimentary breakfast....no eggs, no orange juice, burn bacon, unfriendly staff, following day I went to get breakfast somewhere else because the one at the hotel was disgusting. Never coming back there.
2 night family trip Nov 6, 2015
Old building. Under construction. Dusty and smell. Totally not recommend
1 night family trip Oct 30, 2015
sung
"Construction issues"
Lights burnt out, did our own electrical to get lights on, construction and restaurant was closed. When we checked in they said there would be breakfast but in the morning they said it was closed.
1 night family trip Oct 30, 2015
Christian
"Comfortable stay"
Even though the hotel was under renovation, the quality was just as good as it always is. The front desk apologized for the dust and mess. It didn't bother me but was nice to be concerned about.
1 night trip Oct 28, 2015
Erin
"Very run down, very noisy No water pressure."
Would not be staying here anymore until they fix it all up and update it.
Other trip Oct 29, 2015
"Hardwood Floors."
Not many hotels have hardwood floors, but this one does and it left me with the impression that the room was nice and clean.
1 night trip Oct 21, 2015
"close to my doctors appointment clinic."
we had a good night sleep, nice bed.has small fridge and a coffee maker. fast checkin and out..overall not bad for an overnight stay
Other trip Oct 16, 2015
jaime
"Great location. Low quality room"
Room and Bathroom werent very clean. 2 inch gap under my door so I had bright light from the hallway and all the noise coming into my room while I was trying to sleep.
Other trip Oct 15, 2015
"Can't believe this is a best western"
The room was dirty, noisy the whole night, bath stained. I was very dissapointed!
Other trip Oct 13, 2015
"Undergoing renovations...."
Not terrible, but you should be aware when booking that they are under going much needed renos. Noisy (pounding, banging, machinery, loud talking) at 6:30 am on a Saturday. Breakfast restaurant servers very friendly.
Other trip Oct 13, 2015
Marie
Staff accommodating and pleasant will definetly stay here again
Other trip Oct 11, 2015
"Scary"
It was scary. Odd stains on the carpet, a few actually were believed to be blood. The bathroom was dim and grungy. We stayed four nights total. The third night we had a housekeeper smoke in our room, and me being an athsmatic, this was problematic. They offered to change rooms and complementary breakfast, but it was still an inconvenience. The rest of the final night was filled with the sounds of a woman in trouble. The hotel staff did nothing until I phoned them about it, but still nothing happened. I understand that was out of their control, but they could have at least tried to help. They ignored it.
Other trip Oct 1, 2015
Jasmine
"Expected more."
All in all hotel was disappointing. Had been under construction, still a little going on. First appearance of lobby and room were nice, but once I started to look around room could see that the recenct reno's and style updates were sloppy. Room had a big patch in corner that was water damaged, room smelt musky, could see marks on door where it had been forced open before. Water pressure for shower was terrible. Not much for the newer conviences such as usb plugs etc. Dropped something underbed and could tell it hadn't been cleaned under there in awhile. Tv listing said premium channels, but just a very basic cable, couldn't even get a guide channel, when asked the front desk they didn't know either. Check in was ok, but was told something different on check in about payment then when I checked out about how the room was charged, so one of the two desk staff didn't know what they were talking about. Area wasn't great, got approached by someone selling what I assume was stolen goods in parking lot. All in all it was a place to stay, bed was ok for comfort, but I've stayed in better upkept places for same $ value.
Other trip Oct 1, 2015
Justin
The water pressure in the shower was horrid, and it wasn't very warm. The first day I thought it was because everyone else in the hotel was already up and showered, but the second day we were up at 430 am and it was the same, lukewarm and very little pressure. Some handheld showerheads might improve the experience. Also, having booked 2 nights and having to go get the room keys re-activated after the first night was a little annoying. The staff was pleasant but little things like this can be a deterrent.
2 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2015
Construction was a little inconvenient
1 night business trip Sep 18, 2015