All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here9310 Kearny Mesa Rd, San Diego, CA, 92126, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

"Rate ($132/night avg) too high for what you get"
Old renovated property Worth less than $100 per night Recommend if the rate is lower.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
Kanti
"Don't get an old room"
This is a hotel/motel pretending to be a Best Western Plus. Front desk and lobby are refurbished as is the outside of the building but some of the rooms are Motel 6 quality. Nowhere near the cleanliness and comfort of some of the other Best Western Plusses we have stayed at.
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
California traveller
"Could have been better"
It was acceptable. Nothing great, since it was far from downtown. On Saturday night, the parking lot was completely full because they overbooked and my boyfriend and I had to search for parking at 1 am for more than 15 minutes (less than ideal). Stay somewhere closer to downtown if you can.
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2014
"Not worth it"
From the appearance of the general manager, he looked more like a utility worker than a manager, to the instant coffee they have for breakfast I don't recommend this place. I don't know what the "Plus" refers to but it is no better than an "Express". Go to the hotel next door.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
Chuck
"Quality hotel in good location."
We reserved the room a few nights before our stay. Room was clean with nice accodations. Location was convenient.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
"good overall"
Impressed with the free breakfast. Nice tv in our room. Good price for short notice reservation.
2 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
Joel
"This is no way a Plus rating!"
Stayed here for a few days for work seeing as it was near the highway, but it's possibly the worst Best Western Plus I've stayed at. Ok, it's clean enough and you get the basic breakfast, but it's rough around the edges. I stayed on the far side right next to a smaller highway which was very busy and very noisy. I'd never stay here again! The staff were ok, although not the most helpful and the internet was poor. It's ok for a standard Best Western, but not the better class of a BW Plus. You're better getting a deal last minute at the Holiday Inn across the road. Much better!!!
2 night business trip Jun 24, 2014
Adam
Nice hotel. My biggest complaint is the parking. There were a lot of construction vehicles in the parking lot and they felt it was ok to use up two or more spots forcing me to park in the street or the holiday inn parking lot across the street.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"Nice Hotel Next to MCAS Miramar"
Good bargain for the price. Nice location next to base. Every room has a fridge and microwave. There is a nice continental (free) breakfast every morning with eggs, waffles, sausage, cereal, and pastries. If you are looking for a luxury hotel next to the beach this is not it. But if you are looking for a decent hotel near base without paying too much, this is the hotel for you. One more thing...there is a Carls Jr, IHOP, and Chinese restaurant within walking distance. So hopefully you have a way to get around if you stay here.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Great location, good amenities for the price!"
The staff was very helpful, getting us extra hangers and blankets. We extended our stay one night and they allowed us to stay in the same room, and even cleaned our room late in the day. Breakfast was good, even though we have a special diet we were able to find something we could eat. The location was just a few exits from our daughters house, so it was very convenient to the freeway we needed. We will definitely stay again during future visits.
7 night family trip May 29, 2014
Taci
"Close to family vacation spots"
Good breakfast, clean room, wi-fi with good speed, sufficient parking lot.
4 night family trip May 29, 2014
Rooms were small, children were running around outside unsupervised
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
"Nice clean room no second day maid service"
Stayed for two nights. Facility is nice n clean. Across the street from holiday inns express and next door on one side to other hotels. Second day of stay got no maid service. Had enough clean towels. Second night office issued my room to new guests. Good thing I was still dressed when they unlocked the door and starting stepping in. Scary but this isn't the first time things like that have happened. Over the years have had similar incidences at Sheraton n motel6. Later that night my room key card was deactivated. Had to call front desk and within minutes had a new key card. Nice big clean room. I'd stay again got a great rate compared to others located nearby.
2 night trip May 30, 2014
"Smelled"
The room smelled. (Maybe cigarette).
1 night trip May 29, 2014
The hotel was very clean room was exceptional. The location however was kind of out of the way. There wasn't much around the hotel
1 night business trip May 28, 2014
DM
"tiny breakfast room and parking lot"
Complimentary breakfast was good, just not a large enough space for people to comfortably eat. Parking lot is not large enough to accommodate the amount of rooms they have, so if you want a spot, make sure you get back to the hotel by 9 each night. Room was clean, and the hotel was not too far from big attractions, which was a plus.
3 night family trip May 23, 2014
"Doctor's Appointment"
The Hotel accommodations and personnel was very accommodating.
1 night business trip May 21, 2014
Donell Bryant
Second day of our stay, the aircon and door was not working and the bed was not done . In regards to the door and aircon it was fix right away so overall I would recommend the hotel esp. There are a lot of restaurant within the area.
3 night family trip May 19, 2014
Char
"Close to where we needed to be."
Was convenient, near freeway, and near I-Hop. Was quiet, even though near the freeway and main streets and we were on the second floor.
4 night trip May 16, 2014
T.Smith
"Nice hotel...hidden location"
Great place! Not recommended if visiting Gaslamp District
Other trip May 19, 2014
Daisy
"Has its pros and cons"
I had to find a hotel while my condo was under renovation. I agonized over finding the right hotel in San Diego that was affordable and accommodating. This one is probably closer than most places could have been. It has some pros: It was in my price range. It was quiet. It was comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was okay, always busy, but okay.There was always plenty of parking spaces. The front desk staff were all very friendly and helpful. The air conditioning worked well. But there were also some cons: The room smelled of cheap perfume and mothballs when I first checked in. I fixed this by buying a Febreeze plug in. After a day the smell was gone. The internet was slower than dial up. 2mbps download and 1mbps upload. I tested it. The slowness was probably because the network was not password protected and everyone in the neighborhood was on it. So I couldn't do some things on my laptop that required a fast internet connection. The neighborhood was not very thrilling. It was a commercial area right off the freeway. I'd probably stay again if I needed to. It's utilitarian. Not a resort destination.
6 night trip May 6, 2014
Greg F.
"Would recommend staying there."
We enjoyed our stay there, The breakfast was good, there were both hot and cold items. It was very quite for sleeping at night. Although we were not close to the attractions we wanted to see it was very easy to get there by car. We would not hesitate to stay there again.
6 night family trip Apr 29, 2014
Shirley
"Hotel was close to alot of shops & places to eat"
I have nothing to complain about the cleaniness of the room and comfort. My only complaint at this time was your internet service you provide was very slow i couldnt accomplish any online work i needed to do could use a better service. But other than that everything else was great and i love the variety of food you have for your continental breakfast you provide to your visiting tenants.
Other trip May 10, 2014
"great service"
My stay was very comfortable. Great Breakfast selection, fast internet speed, attentive house keeping service. Rooms are well kept and clean. Thankyou for a great stay!
4 night business trip Apr 18, 2014
"Weekend Stay..."
Not a bad stay. Went with my sister the room was great. I got two queen beds. Had a flat screen channels we ok. Was close to everything that I needed and only 30min from San airport which was great.
3 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2014
Kriss
"More like a motel"
The room was clean and the staff were friendly but I don't see why this hotel is considered a Best Western "Plus." To me, it looked more like a motel or regular hotel. Parking was a huge issue. There was no parking available so we had to park in the parking lot of the hotel across the street.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
Xochitl
"GOT WHAT I PAID FOR"
THE HOTEL IS NOT OVER THE TOP BUT IT ISNT RUN DOWN EITHER. ITS DECENT AND YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. THE BEDS ARE SO COMFY AND THE SHOWER WAS PARKING WAS HORRIBLE, BUT CONCIERGE LET US PARK IN THE CHECK IN PARKING SINCE THERE WAS NO WHERE ELSE. THE LOCATION IS GOOD THERE ARE A LOT OF SURROUNDING PLACES TO EAT AND ABOUT 20 MINUTES OUT FROM ATTRACTIONS.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
"Mission Accomplished"
It was adequate and conveniently located. It is always hard to sleep in a hotel for me, not my bed, not my pillow, blankets, etc. The hotel is located right next to an express way, so if you are looking for silence, this is not the place. However, the express way was not at all distracting or overly loud. The neighborhood seems a bit overloaded with many many furniture and home decor outlets. Plenty of amenities within the area. Whole Foods wasn't too far (12 miles) and Starbucks was a mile or so away. Overall, adequate.
1 night business trip Apr 1, 2014
whatzerface
"Great staff but...."
We cancelled our stay after being assigned two different unacceptable rooms. The first had stained sheets, the second was a non-smoking room which reeked of smoke. Chris was very responsive and apologetic and we did get a refund so those are two pluses.
1 night trip Mar 26, 2014
"Good place to stay"
The room was nice and had a couch, refrigerator and microwave. Plus the tv. It was comfortable and close by everything.
3 night trip Mar 23, 2014
"good when you can get the $69 web rate!"
if you're just sleeping there it's a great deal, and the facility itself is not bad.
Other trip Mar 27, 2014
very disappointed.A car alarm in the parking went off at 1:40m am and went on for 20 minutes.I would have thought some one from the front desk would have contacted the owner.very noisy hotel with kids running around in the halls after mid night.dirty room.I wont be back
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
colin
"Good to stay"
We where there for my nephew's soccer tournament and we all got the rest we needed, specially him that needed to be like new to play his 3rd game on Sunday.
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
Gio
"Hotel"
Nice hotel, but when we visited it, there was a remodelation, so it was a little bit in desorder.
Other trip Jan 11, 2014
RT
"Nice hotel."
It was a lot better then a previous hotel I stayed in.
Other trip Jan 7, 2014
"It did the job"
It wasn't shabby or run down by any means. What I needed was a shower and a good nights sleep and I got that. The breakfast looked and smelled good but I did have time to eat. It was an ok price for a last minute decision.
1 night trip Nov 10, 2013
"booking again this weekend :)"
loved it
1 night trip with friends Nov 1, 2013
rochelle
"You get what you pay for"
Very long check in. Room was dirty including someone else's pubs still in the shower and maids knocking on the dirt at 8 am for service.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
We stayed for two nights. Room was clean, internet was reasonably fast, there is coffee maker and hair dryer in room and breakfast was better than all the seven other hotels that we stayed at over the 3-week holiday trip.
2 night trip with friends Aug 22, 2013
"Decent place to stay, reasonable price"
Front desk guy was nice and courteous. within 10 mins Manu Patel (fd) called the room just to make sure everything was fine. There's a very noisy road towards the back of the hotel but once the our room door was closed there was virtually no noise. Very quiet stay. Breakfast was very decent but it needs some attention. The eggs and sausage tray need to be double their size. Too small for a big crowd. It was a busy weekend but they should've been prepared. Chris the guy in charge of buffet was very nice and attentive to our needs.
3 night trip Aug 30, 2013
"convenient location"
great customer service, very clean room, although parking was a little cramped everything else was good
2 night trip with friends Aug 27, 2013
"good hotel"
the pool is very nice to swim in and there's a great hot tub. the beds are comfortable and have nice blankets. it's quiet at night and an overall nice place to stay.
3 night family trip Aug 23, 2013
"Comfortable stay just be sure to drive"
Nice comfortable bed and clean room. Drawers open by itself when we open the doors. Location is a bit out of the way for tourists, but ideal location for anyone who has business with the nearby Marine Corps airbase or FAA office.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
Aaron
"Economical - about what you would expect for $140."
Good breakfast, clean rooms, parking is tight. Pool looked like kids would like it.
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
brad
"Nice, but for the air conditioner"
The experience was terrific except for a faulty air conditioner that kept my wife and daughter awake throughout the night. We were only there for one day so I cannot tell if it would have been fixed if we complained.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
Barry
"Good for what it is"
Breakfast was a good belly full! This is not like a Marriott or Hilton, but for what it is (for our purpose this trip),it is fine.I prefer to save the dough and spend it on a good meal or other activities. If you are looking for something more than a place to hang your head it will cost much more in this area.
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
Soccer Dad
"Good location and Hotel in general"
Confortable and clean room, good location to visit the area, especially if you are by ...
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
"Musty room."
The selection of this hotel was a last minute reservation. The hotel was an average hotel, ok for a day. Nothing spectacular. The disappointment was, as we opened the door to the room, it had a "musty" odor. We immediately opened the window to air out the room. The mattresses were not the most comfortable, but again tolerable for a day. Cleaning services did not clean the room until about 4pm. I will not being stay again. I guess you get what you pay for. The parking is free, however with an automotive repair business right beside the hotel, it seemed as though it shared its parking lot on the side facing the repair shop.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
JJ
"Really disappointing"
From the time I entered the lobby it felt like I was putting the manager out for showing up. The room was adequate. The pool was dirty, cold, and we were not able to use it past 8:30 because there were not any lights in the pool area.
Other trip Jul 14, 2013
Dee
"Awesome hotel for 4 night stay"
We stayed for 4 nights on july 4th weekend. Hotel stay was nice & comfortable for 2 adults & 2 kids. About 15-20 minutes from seaworld & san diego zoo. It was further from the parks but the price/night was a great deal. We didn't mind traveling to the parks. Cereal, muffins, pastries, scrambled eggs, sausages, make-your-own waffles, milk, coffee, tea, apple/orange juice, & oatmeal was great. Breakfast was 6:30 am - 9:30 am. We enjoyed the pool & jacuzzi. Beds & shower was clean. Best of all, hotel and housekeeping staff were friendly, nice, & welcoming. Will definitely stay here again!
Other trip Jul 9, 2013