All hotels in Augusta, Maine, United States of America
284 Western Ave, Augusta, ME, 04330, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"A nice break from the snow!"
This trip was an early Christmas present. Got an upgrade when I checked and got to the hot tub within minutes of entering the Inn. Enjoyed the staff, they were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was filling, and relaxing. I loved staying inside the building - I never had to put on my coat during my entire stay. A great time.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Annie
We found a really good deal on line for a stay at this Inn. When I called the inn I asked if they could offer the same price, they could not and was adamant that there was no way we would pay so little. I purchased the stay from Expedia. We checked in and the room looked like it was a throw back from the 70's. It was relatively clean but not really the standard we are used to. I thought it was just the look of the entire establishment but when we walked down the hall a couple of doors were left open so we could see inside. Those rooms were much nicer, more up to date and larger. We got what we paid for, wished there was an explanation letting us know they have low quality rooms so we could have made a more informed decision.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Okay..."
The room was decent especially for the price. The bedroom seemed very clean and the bedding was nice but the bathroom really needed a remodel. There were hairs in the tub and on the floor. Overall it was ok and well probably return.
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
"Perfect"
Perfect for us. It was just we were looking for to stay for holidays. It's to bad we didn't have enough time to try out the beautiful pool and spa!!!
3 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
"Can't wait to stay again!"
Absolutely LOVED IT, can't wait to stay again. Room was beautiful, spacious, clean, comfortable. Like being at home. Staff was friendly. We even joined a Zumba Water class in the lovely pool!
1 night business trip Nov 23, 2014
Virginia
"great location"
great location, easy to get to, plenty of places near by for shopping or eating, large work out room
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
Fran
"This hotel needs some upgrading to the rooms."
Our room was very small. The bathroom could use an upgrade. The wall could use a coat of paint also. The room was clean but because of the wall appearances it made the room look dirty. The hotel staff was very friendly and the complimentary breakfast was excellent.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Occasional
"A night in Augusta"
We only spent one night at the Senator Inn but we're very pleased with the cleanliness and the accommodations. The room was up to date and well appointed. I liked that we had two doors, one to the outside and one to the corridor inside.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
lois
"Returning guest"
I always love staying here. Only hope my excellent rating won't raise their rates!
1 night trip Nov 16, 2014
Deborah
"Wonderful Stay"
I was pleasantly happy overall. The gym was nicer than I have seen at other hotels. The restaurant has great food and beers on tap. The continental breakfast was very good and great service. The musician playing Thursday night was amazing. I only stayed there one night for work, but would have stayed longer.
"Clean hotel friendly staff."
Very clean and comfortable. The spa, gym, and pool are great amenities.
"Mary & Pat"
Updated bathroom was great. Would recommend hooks by the walk in shower for your towel. Other than that it was a very comfortable stay.
2 night family trip Nov 6, 2014
"Excellent Wi-Fi"
Easy to use, fast wi-fi. No issue streaming netflix on my phone. TV had HBO which seems to be a thing a lot of other hotels are skimping on. Good rate for what I ended up getting.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
"Decent hotel with excellent service and good value"
Rooms were clean, showers were excellent, and staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. However, the overall feel is that the place is a bit dated in terms of carpet and decor. They do a good job of upkeep, but a major face lift is overdue. Breakfast service was excellent, but food selection/quality was only average. The gym equipment was outstanding as there were many more machines available than at a typical hotel. The pool was nice, but frequently utilized by exercise classes of elderly folks--not conducive to visits with the kids.
3 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
"Shocking example of mis-management"
As a hotel paying guest, I went down to the swimming pool at 8:30am only to be told I could not use the facility because a pool Zumba class was on. There were only 3 old ladies using the whole pool. Disgraceful example of mis-management. So watch out all you potential hotel guests if you want to swim, because you too my be denied entry. You are warned!
2 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
Roger
"Trip from CA"
I was traveling from CA and found a very nice place to stay in the Senator Inn & Spa. The hotel staff were great and made me feel very comfortable. The bed was quite nice and loved catching up on some sleep!
2 night business trip Oct 28, 2014
Staff was very nice and informative. room was clean and very nice.
1 night business trip Oct 27, 2014
"No longer fancy enough for a Senator"
The hotel has seen better days and could use some upgrades, but the desk staff were very pleasant and accommodating. The found 2 rooms which adjoined as we requested. The bathroom was amazingly small and I would be surprised if a basketball player could sit on the toilet. I wonder, too, if the bathroom size is compliant with code, but I don't really care. The room was neat, the rub a little worn but the bedding was sparkling clean. The room was quiet and adequate.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
"Nice for weekend stay"
Convient location for our weekend stay. Restaurant was nice. Need to keep up with food availability during breakfast.
2 night trip Oct 24, 2014
"A comfortable stay"
Plenty of room for three women. Good location using a GPS. Very comfortable and great pool.
1 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2014
Mari
Long hours on the road for business. Rooms were cleaning and fairly newly remodeled. The spa was a nice touch and they were able to fit me in. Very nice!
1 night business trip Oct 21, 2014
"Overall pleasant"
Stay was nice. Only complaint is someone had a dog in their room and it wasn' very quiet in the morning. Not anything that the hotel can do anything about but maybe putting them in one of the outbuilding rooms would have been more appropriate. Hotel and staff were friendly. Cloud 9 restaurant was nice and food was good. We had a great waitress!!!
2 night business trip Oct 15, 2014
"Worst service"
Worst servive ever! We would never stay here again.
1 night business trip Oct 16, 2014
"Hotel-easy access, not best room"
We really liked the access to the hotel. The check-in and out was simple. The room set-up was very different. The sink was in the hallway of the room and when you turned the light on over the vanity it shined right onto the person in the bed. The room was not as clean as we thought it would be based upon previous reviews. It was also a very noisy room (you could hear your neighbors next door and across the hallway).
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
"Reasonably priced but older motel-style Inn"
This is really a motel, in that each room has a door to the outside and the grounds of the facility are essentially a parking lot. The decor is older and less plush than the pictures show, but it was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. On the day we had breakfast there the motel was completely full so breakfast was a bit chaotic and much of the food had run out by 9 a.m. Overall, though, the hotel seems to have things running smoothly despite the dated decor and the motel feeling.
2 night trip Oct 11, 2014
"A decent hotel"
This is a decent middle of the road hotel. We had a large room, which was somewhat sparsely furnished. It was clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast was a great value and included eggs, potatoes, cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, waffles and breads. The wait staff was attentive and friendly. We did not use the spa.
1 night trip Oct 10, 2014
modacious1725
Excellent breakfast and a very nice indoor swimming pool
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
Ken
When we arrived they did not have my reservation for the correct day and would not honor the price that I paid for the room thru hotels.com
1 night business trip Sep 25, 2014
Jennifer Burrowa
"anniversary"
Room and hotel was really nice. Restaurant was and food was extremely good. Spa service was extremely relaxing. Great stay
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2014
"firsst class"
excellent value beautiful exercise room magnificent pool spa full breakfast bar at no extra cost. when in augusta maine that's where i'll stay.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
bob b
"Customer Service"
Emily at check in was very cordial and gracious. She made certain we were very aware of all the amenities the hotel had to offer and how to access them. Abby in the restaurant was an absolutely outstanding representative of the Senator Inn. She personifies excellence in customer service and satisfaction. These two young ladies did an exceptional job and the Senator's management are to be commended for hiring such quality employees!
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
Alan
"Second stop in our Maine trip"
This was booked by friends of ours since they lived in Maine for a few years and knew the Augusta area. All in all the hotel was " adequate". The service was good at reception but not exactly warm and freindly. The room was convenient but showing its age, though the bathroom looked to be recently remodeled. The room was comfortable but due for an update in short. Restaurant staff was friendly and food good. The included breakfast was enough to satisfy anyone.
2 night trip Sep 22, 2014
Paul M
The Senator Inn provides top-level accommodations in the Augusta area.
Other trip Sep 27, 2014
Edward
"Great for the money"
We've seen a lot of negative reviews at some hotels and we expected and got a lot of good service at this hotel. The hot tub and pool were one of the best we've stayed at this year. The room was more than adaquet for our overnight stay. We slept well until about 7 AM when others were up and getting on with their days... to be expected.. The staff was very good and we enjoyed our stay at this hotel.
1 night romance trip Apr 26, 2014
"Mediocre"
What choices do you have in mid-Maine? The hotel seemed okay upon arrival, but the room smelled of that horrible air freshener that is trying to cover something up. We could barely sleep with the smell and left as soon as possible in the AM. High point: the bathroom was new and clean.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
Traveler208
"Lovely place, friendly people. Will stay here agai"
Lots of charm. Great restaurant, gym and spa. Delicious Gluten free Pizza and Beer.
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2014
Almir Rizvanovic
"Would not choose to stay there again."
Thankfully I was not in my room long. late evening early morning. I would absolutely recommend eating at restaurant for lunch or dinner. Breakfast buffet is lame.
1 night trip Sep 17, 2014
KKG
"Great!"
This place is totally a gem! I can't say enough about the staff!! The pool is amaze! They hand you towels as you enter the spa, the bar was well stocked and the restaurant completely customized a dish for my pick self with no fuss! The room has a door you can enter from the outside and one from the hallway on the inside of the hotel...this is a great option if your traveling with a lot of junk;) like myself!! Park at the door and hall it in with ease! But run to the bar in your socks from the other door:-) (anybody else barhop in their pjs!?) The door on the outside has chairs and a table for you to enjoy- this is per room -btw- no worries of anyone chilling on your "porch" area. Great place to stay if you use the spa area or not! And lady's travel light (yeah right) they provide makeup remover!! Yaay!
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"Its the State Capitol"
Shower head was clogged and needs to be take off piping and openings cleaned. Food is good by a little too expensive.
3 night business trip Sep 17, 2014
For a place that labels itself one of the best resorts around, I was greatly under impressed. The room decor was very dated. I arrived late (around 9:45 PM) after a long day working. When I inquired about a place to grab something to eat the desk clerk rudely told me there is no food, everything is closed at 9 pm. It was like my simple question was an imposition. No suggestions of nearby places etc. It was a cold evening and my room was cold. The heating/cooling unit was mounted in the lower window frame. When you turned it on all the heat did was blow upwards into the window curtains. So if you wanted heat you had to leave the drapes open-not advisable in a first floor room. Only 1 blanket on the bed and no extras anywhere in the room. I'd hate to stay in January! Pool , workout area closes early (again 9 pm) and you couldn't get in in the morning until 8 am. Not practical for people who are business travelers. It felt like the hours were for the convenience of the hotel employees not the guests.
1 night business trip Sep 17, 2014
"relaxing"
we love spending time at this hotel. it has everything you need right there, and if you don't want to leave, you don't have to. altho it is close to anything you would need. the only thing I don't love is the rooms aren't always in the best shape. it smelled funny. the fridge didn't work. they just need a little updating in that department and this place would get 5 stars. the food is delicious, the pool and Jacuzzi are relaxing, the tvs are nice and the people are awesomely great! :)
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Marie
"close to highway"
great breakfast, better than the continental breakfast advertised
1 night family trip Sep 13, 2014
steve
It does not have a spa feel. We got a super rate and quickly realized you get what you pay for. It used to be a best western which explains the room condition. The staff was nice and it had a nice restaurant bar area.
1 night trip Sep 11, 2014
Ellwood
Terrific spot
1 night trip Sep 11, 2014
Allan mackay
"Overnight"
Clean hotel, excellent breakfast included, lovely pool and spa. But, our room had a thrumming noise that went on all night.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Really nice front desk personal. Was given a free room upgrade to a king size suite. The room was fine but there was a weird smell so I slept with the sliding glass door open for some fresh Maine air, solved that issue. The carpeting needs to be redone and the pillows were far from ideal. Overall, its a decent place to crash for the price.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
It is your employees that make the Senator a good place to stay.. I never saw the "I am busy, hurry up" attitude. They were always willing to share a short conversation if no one was waiting.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2014
"my stay"
the staff was very friendly at check in .but the room did not look like the room on the site .once upon a time maybe .but the comfort of the bed made up for everything and more
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
carter
"Just passing through..."
A pity we did not get a chance to try out the facilities. The included breakfast was quite good.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
Nicholas
"Nice, but there was a bad odor"
Our room was small but well appointed and very clean. It was just freezing cold when we came in and there was a bad smell. Luckily, we could solve both problems by turning off the AC and opening the window. The hotel is very old, but the convenience was AMAZING.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014