All hotels in Pismo Beach, California, United States of America

Great room
    Clean
    Bad internet service
"Specifics"
I had a room that if you didn't slam the door it did not close completely. Also had view of pier which was ok would rather have had view of sunset.
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear that your door didn’t close properly. We do have maintenance staff available that is happy to assist with such issues. It sounds like you may be interested in staying in one of our ocean front or partial ocean view rooms next time as those are best for viewing the sunset. We would love for you to stay with us again so we can meet and possibly exceed your expectations.
2 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
Loved the location, beautiful ocean view. No access to beach
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Thank you for your nice review of the Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge. We’re happy you loved the location and beautiful ocean views. We don’t have beach access because we are located on a 90 ft cliff, however, there is access close by via the California Coastal Trail. We hope to see you again soon!
2 night romance trip Sep 22, 2015
Catherine
Wonderful experience!
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Thank you for your review of the Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge. We’re very happy you had a wonderful experience at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
2 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
Great views. Air conditioned room. Close to outlet center. Big pool.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
It was a really nice stay. Room, Service and Helpfulness was outstanding. I arrived with a broken transmission and they tried everything to help me. Will stay there again.
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Thank you for your review of the Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge. We are very sorry to hear about your transmission issues but are happy to hear that our staff did everything in their power to assist you. We are glad you were able to enjoy your stay here despite the car trouble. We look forward to seeing you again!
1 night romance trip Sep 21, 2015
I went for some R&R and that is what I got.... Very comfortable, felt save being there by myself.. View was wonderful and the breakfast wasn't that bad:) I would book this spot again on my next visit to Pismo...
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our location. We are happy that you felt safe and comfortable here. Being able to relax and enjoy the beautiful views from our hotel is pretty hard to beat! We look forward to seeing you next time!
3 night trip Sep 23, 2015
Denise
"More than a Hotel or Wedbsite"
This was our first stay and first vacation in 5 yrs. We were scheduled for six nights, but my brother was found to have a CA mass and rib involvement and we had to leave early. Both the hotel and the Hotel.com were professional and compassionate and we will use that refund for the last three nights to go lend support to my brother. Thanks for making a difficult time more manageable with there understanding. We will be back.
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Thank you very much for the kind review. We hope that you enjoyed your time with us. I am sorry your stay was cut short but do hope that your brother is able to recover speedily. We hope that you will be able to visit us in the future. Barbara
6 night romance trip Sep 9, 2015
Lynn
"anniversary get away"
Nice hotel,Beautiful views
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Thank you for staying with us during your special occasion. We do hope that you enjoyed your visit with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. Barbara
2 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
Irene
"most beautiful and enjoyable hotel in 10 days"
most beautiful and enjoyable hotel in 10 days of hotel stays. my wife must have taken 25 pictures of the marvelous landscaping and shore below the cliffs.
Other trip Sep 18, 2015
"Beautiful location"
Great location and spectacular view of the ocean. I would however have to warn people planning to stay here that, it is a Pelican sanctuary and the smells are sometimes overwhelming, depending on the winds. I also had a discussion with a seagull that refused to stop squawking early in the morning and refused to leave my balcony railing. I won, but he left a present for me on the balcony first...
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Thank you for the review! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the location and amazing ocean views. We do appreciate your feedback about the birds as well. Luckily they are not here year round, and they will be "checking out" during the winter season. We look forward to seeing you again!
1 night romance trip Sep 14, 2015
Edmond
"Breath Taking Views"
My family and I we loved the beautiful ocean views from our 2 balcony suite it was breath taking. Just a great weekend and the views made it even better.
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Thank you for your review of the Best Western Shore Cliff Lodge. We are very pleased that you enjoyed the majestic ocean views from your suite and had such a wonderful weekend here. We hope to see you again in the future.
2 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
Maria
"Retired"
Overall okay, nice pool, the room was comfortable,but the maids didn't clean our room the next day.
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Thank you for taking the time to review the Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge. We are happy you found your room comfortable. We’re sorry about housekeeping not cleaning your room the next day. We will look into this issue. We hope that you will stay with us again so that we can meet and possibly exceed your expectations.
2 night romance trip Sep 9, 2015
"Right on the cliffs"
This was a nice hotel, except outside it smelled don't know if it was due to all the birds and poop. I still loved the views.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
"20 years later - still fantastic"
Revisiting this hotel from when I stayed here 20years ago as a kid with my family - I loved it this stay with my wife as much as I did back then. The location is fantastic - staff is where you need them, the room views are stunning. I would suggest that the management get their act together on the breakfast situation - not the best and ran out quickly - I know you guys can do better, but nothing a 2minute drive down to the town wont fix for you.
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Thank you for your review of the Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge. We’re happy you enjoyed your recent experience here as much as you did when you were a kid. It’s nice that you brought your family to experience the amazing ocean views our hotel has to offer. We appreciate your comments regarding our staff. We are continually making changes to the breakfast and we appreciate your input. We look forward to your next stay.
3 night romance trip Aug 26, 2015
"Nice place to stay!!"
Very Nice hotel, Staff was nice as well.I will be staying there again. Could watch the sunset from the room
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel. We’re very happy that you enjoyed the Best Western Shore Cliff Lodge experience including seeing the sunset over the ocean from your room. We’re also happy you found the hotel staff to be nice. We hope you will stay with us again.
2 night romance trip Aug 30, 2015
Victor
"Amazing view"
We were only here for a short stay but I fell in love with the view and how close it was to the ocean. I could hear the waves and night, very soothing. Will definitely book next vacation here.
Other trip Sep 2, 2015
"Must Stay Again!"
It was amazing! We had a room with a balcony ocean view. It was perfect. Everything about the room was great and it gave us plenty of space/room to get ready for our wedding !
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Thanks so much for choosing to stay with us and allow us to be a part of your special occasion. We hope that this may be a start of a new tradition of visiting us in the future on your anniversary! Congratulations on your wedding, wishing you many years of happiness!
1 night romance trip Aug 27, 2015
Samantha
"TO MUCH FECES"
THE ROOMS WERE NICE.TOO MUCH BIRD FECES,IT WAS ALL OVER SISEDWALK,HOTEL BUILDINGS AND OUR BALCONY.ALL NIGHT LONG ALL WE HEARD WAS THE 1000 OF PELIGUNS FLYING OVER AND LANDING ALL OVER THE PLACE.POOL AREA BAD. WONT STAY THERE AGAIN.
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I am glad you found our rooms to be nice. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced regarding the natural wildlife we have on the coast. The California coast is a haven for brown pelicans and other previously endangered species of birds. And while we all enjoy seeing them glide in their typical v-shape formation gracefully above the water, we don’t appreciate the droppings they – and their other friends – leave behind. Despite daily cleaning – as much as we are allowed to during our drought – there are times of the year when we just can’t keep up with them. We’ve tried to dissuade them from spending time at our precise location by making reservations for them elsewhere, however, they like us so much they’re hesitant to check out! Luckily the birds are not hear year round and do tend to migrate in the late fall. We do hope that you may consider staying with us in the future so we have another chance to impress you.
2 night romance trip Aug 26, 2015
MARY
"View from the cliff to the ocean incredible."
The only negatives were the smell & noise from the seagulls & pelicans only at night during day understandable, this also brought in flies at check in not impressed. Noise from hallway all night mechanical humming ice machine or something do know made it hard to sleep. Other than that it was a pleasant stay the pool was very clean and temp. Just right.
Other trip Aug 30, 2015
Ron
"Great ocean view."
We were on the second floor and the view of the ocean was spectacular. The location is questionable.
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Thank you for your recent review. We are happy you enjoyed the spectacular ocean views! Please come back and see us again.
1 night romance trip Aug 27, 2015
Only partial ocean facing (307), which turned out to be ok, as we don't have anyone staring into our room and no bird poop stink - I think most ocean view rooms would have to deal with - so I can crack open the balcony and listen to waves as I sleep at night. The room was large and bed comfortable.
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
"Lovely location"
Beautiful rooms. All face the ocean. Love staying here for the location. Downside: security kept bugging us to keep quiet even though we were not making any noise. Seemed like the security didn't believe me even though I invited him to come by and check out our room.
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Thank you for taking the time to review the Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and the beautiful ocean views our hotel has to offer. We’re sorry for the issues you experienced regarding security. We have policies in place regarding noise for the enjoyment of all of our guests. It could be that the noise was coming from a different room. We apologize for the inconvenience. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.
3 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
Celeste
Spent the weekend here with my boyfriend and it was perfect. The staffs are friendly and our room has a beautiful view. Would definitely come back again soon.
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
We are happy to hear that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your visit with us. We look forward to your next stay. Barbara
2 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
Cynthia
Great hotel with stunning views, right next to a great beach
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"Wonderful"
We had a beautiful ocean view from our room. The staff was great and our room was very comfortable and clean. A very relaxing stay after our trip to Disneyland. Looking forward to returning.
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
We are so glad to hear that you had an enjoyable visit with us. Thank you for choosing to stay with us after your Disneyland trip. We look forward to seeing you again the future!
2 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
Kathryn N
"Perfect for our Anniversary"
Had a room with a fabulous ocean view, fantastic balcony, comfortable bed. What else would you need?
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your anniversary. We are honored to be your hotel of choice during your special occasion. Please come back and see us again. Barbara
1 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
"Beautiful hotel with amazing view!"
My wife and I went here for an anniversary getaway. The location is amazing! Right on the cliffs and the majority of the rooms have a fantastic view. The bed could be a little more comfortable, but the room was very clean and the staff was very helpful. We also enjoyed that we were walking distance from Ventana Grill which had fantastic Mexican fare and wonderful views of sunset. The jaquizzi and pool were nice, but we would have liked a little less lighting to enjoy the stars, however we understand the need for safety reasons. The breakfast in the morning had a lot of options and we definitely left full. I loved the 12pm checkout, this allowed us to enjoy the views in the morning as well.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
"Mixed bag, busy season I guess"
Okay, disclaimer, we had a dog for the first time so we had to get a "dog room". Room was clean enough although our dog enjoyed naming all the previous breeds that had left presents there, so I don't know how "deep clean" they clean the floors. Bathroom leaked, was repaired during our stay. Noisy room, there really is no excuse for that room. Entry is adjacent to the common breakfast area so first thing in the morning we enjoyed the preparation noises quickly followed by the crowd noises. Good thing we are early risers. The rest of the day we enjoyed the rolling of the luggage carts which were left directly in front of our door despite me moving them into the common area twice. Elevators also there so there was heavy traffic just outside our door all day and most of the night. Dog area is very nice, as are the grounds surrounding the hotel and the hotel itself. We had to wait to check in until almost 5pm. Room exceedingly comfortable with double sinks and a separate bar/micro/coffee area. All in all, partly our doing because of the dog but honestly there is no excuse to put ANYONE in that room at all. 107 in case you want to know.
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Thank you for your recent review of the Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge. While we are happy that you enjoyed our beautiful grounds, we are disappointed that your room did not meet your expectations. We apologize for the late check-in, summertime is our busiest season. Our housekeeping department does take great pride in providing a clean environment for our guests and the pet rooms are deep cleaned after each stay. We’re sorry for the plumbing issue but we are glad that it was able to be repaired so quickly. We currently have a limited number of pet-friendly rooms but will be adding more within the next few months so there will be soon be more options for guests traveling with their furry friends. We hope you will return and give the Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge another opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations.
3 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Maria
Our first time to stay here. It was wonderful and great view from our balcony. A nice walk to the beach and close to a great restaurant too!
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We’re happy you enjoyed our majestic ocean views and were able to have a nice walk to the beach. I am glad to hear that you had a great experience at one of the many nearby restaurants we have in Pismo Beach. We hope to see you again soon! Barbara
1 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
april
"A case of mistaken identity"
My wife and I stayed here on our way to Napa. We had stayed a year earlier at what is now Inn at the Cove. That used to be Best Western Shelter Cove, hence our mistake. There is no comparison. While the staff was great and the room was comfortable, the location does not compare - and be prepared to smell the aroma of birds. Lots of them. It smells like the penguin exhibit at the zoo.
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Thank you for taking the time to review the Best Western Shore Cliff Lodge. We are sorry your experience here did not meet your expectations. Thank you for your nice comments about our great staff. We understand your comments regarding the birds. Unfortunately this season does bring the birds to nest in this area, luckily they are not here year round. We hope you will give us another chance in the future to meet and exceed your expectations.
1 night romance trip Jul 19, 2015
"Nice hotel on Beach"
Check in was quick and room was nice. Bathroom was clean with instant hot water for shower. The bed was super comfy!
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Thank you for the positive comments regarding our hotel! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge! We’re pleased to hear that the check-in process was quick and easy and that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. The $1 charge that you saw on your account is actually an authorization done at check-in to ensure that the credit card used is valid when you make a reservation with a third party company. We hope to see you again in the future.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
I would come back and stay longer.
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Thank you for your review, we do hope that you enjoyed your visit with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
1 night trip with friends Jul 20, 2015
Janelle
Looked for a pet friendly hotel and ended up in a great place .
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Hello Robbie, Thank you for taking the time you review your experience while traveling with your pet. We enjoy having our guests and their extended family members come and stay with us! We look forward to seeing you all again in the near future!
1 night family trip May 10, 2015
Robbie
"Ahhhhhh. A very relaxing stay!"
The front of the hotel does not do the place justice. Great room, great view, nice area for relaxing with an ocean view. Plan to come back often!
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Hi David, Thank you very much for the five star review! I am so happy to hear that you were able to relax while you were here. The calming ocean waves and excellent views are enjoyable from the balcony or patio of each room. Thanks for choosing to stay with us, we look forward to having you come back soon.
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
"What is that Smell? Oh, that's tons of bird junk!"
What is that Smell? Oh, that's tons of bird "junk"! On the roof, on the walkways, on the lookout, on the cliff, everywhere ! So that's why they have the car window cleaning squeegee station.... Ugh, understand the location issue but try to clean the property daily. The Hotels on each side are able to keep things clean... and post real photos
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us. We do take the cleanliness of our property very seriously as we clean our patios and pressure wash our sidewalks frequently. As you can imagine this is quite the battle staying ahead of the birds, and with the drought that California is facing we also are trying to be water conscious. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to be able to impress you in the future.
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Great location & view
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Thank you for your recent stay. We hope you enjoyed your visit. Please come back and see us again so
2 night romance trip Jul 12, 2015
"Stunning view of Pismo Beach and the pier"
We came for three days to meet up with family members from Southern California and had a perfect extended weekend. We brought our pet mini-Schnauzer and she was so happy to come with us. We didn't have the guilt of boarding her, and the hotel accommodations for pets were very, very welcoming. Our little girl loved to lay on the cushy doggie bed that was brought in by staff (see photo). On another matter, involving late-night noise, a post-wedding party fueled by alcohol got increasing loud and obnoxious very late on Sunday night. One visit to the registration desk was all it took to gain effective resolution: the night clerk at the registration desk and the security guard on duty consulted briefly and then the security guard very effectively brought the incident to a quick end, allowing us to enjoy a peaceful night's sleep before checking out the next morning.
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Thank you for spending a few days with us. I am glad to know that our dog friendly rooms met with your satisfaction. Thank you also for bringing to our attention the challenge you faced during your stay. I am happy that we were able to resolve it easily as we want our guests to enjoy their stay fully. We hope to see you again the next time you visit the Central Coast.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
Kurt
"Great place but bad smell"
Great staff was great location amazing nice size room cozy and comfy only thing was a strong bleach/fishy smell in the air
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Hello Shana, Thank you for the compliments on our staff and location. We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent visit. We do pride ourselves on our excellent location - being right on the cliffs edge. We get to enjoy the salty ocean air, and yes, sometimes we get the fishy smell as well. However, we think that the view of ocean and golden sunsets outweighs the smell! We hope to see you again in the future!
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
Shana
Was so nice and breathtaking views
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Dear Liza, Thank you for taking the time you review your stay with us. Our location is certainly one of the things that we are very proud of! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your visit, we do hope to see you again in the future!
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Liza
"Hotel with ocean view"
The service was nice, there was a easily accessible parking lot. Breakfast was good. Nice pool
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
I am thrilled to hear that our service, easy parking and breakfast impressed you. We hope that you enjoyed the views of our beautiful coastline as well. We hope the next time you are in the area you will stop by to see us again!
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
It was great. Only issue we had was a problem with the room keys not always working.
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Thank you for the 5 star review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I do apologize for the inconvenience you may have experienced due to your keys not working. We hope that we were able to resolve that for you during your visit. We hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
"Excellent place to stay at Pismo."
Beautiful place to stay at Pismo Beach. The views are breathtaking. The room was better than expected. Overall, very pleased with our stay.
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that we pleasantly surprised you! We hope to see you again very soon.
1 night trip with friends Jun 24, 2015
Betty
"Comfortable large room right on the shorecliffs"
Relaxing with great ocean view and full breakfast. Close to town but away from the noise.
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that we were able to provide you a relaxing respite! We hope to see you the next time you visit the beautiful Central Coast.
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
Shirley
"Get there early so you can enjoy the view and walk"
Amazing...Very spacious, clean, cross ventilation, no need for air conditioning and the sound of the waves, add a very peaceful rest.....! Thanks for the excellent work....!
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed a peaceful visit. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
Benito
"View is awesome"
The hotel is nice, the view from our room was awesome but the bed was rock hard! Both my husband and I had a hard time sleeping because the bed was so hard, we have a firm bed at home but this was like sleeping on the floor. I curled up in little loveseat and tried to sleep there.
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am so sorry to hear that your visit was not as comfortable as we would have liked it to be. Please know that we do have someone available 24 hours a day to assist you. We take the comfort of our guests very seriously. We hope that you will be able to come stay with us again, and give us another opportunity to impress you.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
Sue
"Such a blast"
Thank you for a great car show weekend. My daughter did not want to leave. Very clean place, Very cool staff. Thank You
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
Thank you for the kind words about our staff. I am thrilled that you were able to enjoy the car show and the property! We hope to see you come back and visit us again very soon!
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
"Dog Friendly"
I wanted a hotel that was close to the ocean and dog friendly - and I couldn't have been happier!! When I arrived, the front desk gave me a list of activities I could do with my dog, hiking trails, restaurants, etc. - which I used over the next two days. They even gave me the card of a dog sitter if in case we needed one. In there room there were dog treats, a bowl and a dog bed (which my dog loved). We were on the first flood (husband is handicapped) and the room had an incredible view up and down the coast line. We sat outside on the balcony and couldn't have been happier. Husband asked yesterday when we could go back to that same hotel. Very quiet, peaceful, great location.
Response by Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge
I am very happy to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your visit with us. We appreciate your kind words about our location I am happy to hear that our dog friendly accommodations also suited your needs. We look forward to seeing you all again in the near future!
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
Bon
"Pismo getaway"
Spacious room, friendly staff, nice location.
1 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
robin
"nicaman"
Really loved everything about our stay. So restful and peaceful. Had an awesome place for our dog to run. The staff was so friendly and helpful. Breakfast was amazing really had everything you could want and more! Thank you, will definitely stay again.
3 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
Love the view. few minute walk to the beach. easy parking
Other trip Jun 10, 2015