All hotels in Redwood City, California, United States of America
1090 El Camino Real, Redwood City, CA, 94063, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"city center convenience and tasty breakfast"
Fresh, convenient accommodations, and friendly front desk staff all make-up for an easy stay. Thanks for making a home-away-from-home feeling.
1 night family trip Mar 26, 2015
"Complete Adequate"
Conveniently located next to stores and downtown Redwood City restaurants and Theater district.
5 night trip May 5, 2015
"Not worth the money"
I needed a hotel near Caltrain, and with the lowest possible rate. This one fit the bill, as downtown Redwood City is nice for dinner and commuting via Caltrain. The price for this room was much higher than it should have been, but I believe there was a big conference this week. The room was noisy (paper-thin walls), but clean. The breakfast was severely lacking, basically coffee, two types of cereal, and some pastries from a box. I ate it once and decided to buy breakfast on my way to work the rest of the week. The Wifi was OK, pretty slow, but I've seen worse.
4 night business trip Apr 20, 2015
"Great cusotmer Service"
Great customer service!
1 night business trip Apr 20, 2015
Cable Tv didn't work. The fron desk smelled like an Indian restaurant. The grounds looked clean and nice so did the room. Overall for $150 per night I expect more!!!
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
sunny
"adequate for last minute business trip"
Convenient location and close to Whole Foods. Expect frequent train blaring nose coming from the Caltrain station at all hours. The room didn't feel clean and had a strong musty oder near the sink area. judging from the empty parking lot, this doesn't seem to be the 1st choice for many travelers.
1 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
"Nice hotel, close to everything"
This hotel is in a great location. You can walk to Whole Foods, Safeway, Caltrain Station, and the movie theater. Also, there is a lot to do in Downtown Redwood City which is also walkable. Very clean rooms and nice hotel staff. Would recommend!
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Hotel is run down and lacks character."
The only nice thing to say about this place is that the location puts it in close proximity to restaurants, whole foods, and major roadways. Be prepared to be awoken at night to the sound of loud train whistles due to the train track that is close by.
Great location near downtown and Sierra High School.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
"Nice hotel in the middle of the theatre district"
I stayed here for three nights and was pleasantly surprised by the Cleanliness of the hotel. The staff were helpful in person but I could not understand them on the phone when I asked if I could check in early ( I was allowed to check in at 11am).
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
Juan
"good deal"
best deal I've found in the area.
1 night business trip Jan 6, 2015
"A great find"
I read the reviews of this Hotel and noticed some negative reviews but decided to book this Hotel anyway. I was glad I did. The place was clean and quiet. The Hotel staff were helpful, friendly and professional. I highly recommend this hotel and will be back again myself!
2 night trip Dec 4, 2014
"Decent option in Redwood City near Caltrain"
I'm in the Bay Area most weeks for a few days on business and generally take Caltrain to get around. As a result, I stay at hotels close to stations to make things easier. This hotel is about as close as you can get (it's literally right across the street), which is great for commuters like me. The rooms definitely aren't the best you can find at this price range, but they're fairly comfortable and the staff is friendly. Unfortunately the sound proofing isn't good at all, and the hotel is right on El Camino, so if you're a light sleeper noise is going to be an issue. Since it's right in the middle of Redwood City you can walk to a bunch of restaurants and shops as well, which is always nice. Overall this is a decent choice for staying in the area without busting your wallet, but watch out if you're noise sensitive.
2 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
"Business Trip"
Is good for a quick business trip, the room is clean and quiet. Zither breakfast is very simple fruit, cereal, pastry and waffles. Waking distance to train station.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
Victor
"Affordable in a sea of unaffordable SV hotels."
Last minute, cheap, clean. Staff was very nice on the phone. Was woken up in the middle of the night by two women fighting in a nearby room. Win some, lose some. Bottom-line: this hotel tries and delivers a fair budget experience. Parking is free. Hotel close to Redwood City Caltrain. I never felt unsafe. The pool would have been a plus if heated. In summer it must be swell.
Sunbird
"One Night Stay"
Having to travel almost monthly to Stanford Medical Center in Redwood City has been a challenge to find a hotel that is clean, fairly quiet, in a safe part of town and not expensive. Tried a number of places before finding this one. It is actually better than a couple that are more expensive. Owners are nice and accommodating. It is nice that the room has a small fridge and microwave. It is within walking distance of a couple of restaurants and a shopping center and is on El Camino which has an easy on/off for Woodside Road
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
"Very negative experience"
The bed looked old and not made well. Noisy, bathroom supplies seemed old...Breakfast did not open at 6:30 and we finally rang the bell at 7:15 and the woman did not even say hello. The one pleasant person was the man who checked us in. We will never stay here again...
1 night trip Oct 24, 2014
"Close to Stanford and price was right enough."
I was visiting a family member at Stanford so just used the hotel for sleeping (and the continental breakfast of course). It was great for what we used it for and it was close to Palo Alto.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
Pete
"Not much"
Room smelled extremely strong w/air freshener. What was it covering? Ventilation not good and loud. Didn't feel clean. Outdated. Just a place to flop.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"Great for the price"
Room was clean and basic. Had a decent pool and we could walk to whole Foods, safeway, local shops and to the Restraunt Harry's Hoffbrau. Staff was friendly and our stay was quiet. Would definatly stay again.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
very comfortable and very clean. My family all like this hotel.
1 night family trip Sep 13, 2014
Chang
"nice clean, quiet room"
We had a very nice stay. Our room was clean & quiet, we needed aplace to stay after a giants game but did not want to stay in SF. We were very glad to have found this place, we felt safe walking around in the neighborhood in the evening an there were a few resterants within walking distance. The room was nothing lavish but a good clean place to sleep. Our room had a fridge & microwave which was nice if we had needed it. Check in/ out was also very quick & easy, I paid ahead was was able to give a $50 cash deposit at check in an got it back right away at check out.
1 night family trip Sep 14, 2014
"good hotel"
good hotel ... For the price is very good deal for a couples nights
2 night trip Sep 13, 2014
Dp
I got a room for my employer and the man at the front desk was very rude. He noticed that my employer was a smoker and the man kept telling him rudely not to smoke in the room and he kept coming by the room to see if he was smoking. It was very rude. We will not use this hotel again if someone is going to be watching us.
1 night business trip Sep 12, 2014
ernest
"Good location and filthy room"
I often stay in Redwood City/ palo Alto due to work, and I tried bunch of hotels along El Camino Real. This is the hands on the filthiest hotel room I stayed. The floor was so dirty, I didn't even want to touch it with my bare feet. Never will stay here again. And terrible breakfast too.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
Izzie
"Great hotel, not so great staff"
The rooms were extremely clean, nice and overall great. The pool was great too. The staff was not that nice but not that bad either... It didn't ruin my stay at all, but it can definitely be improved
Response by America's Best Inn - Redwood City
Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry to hear the staff was not hospitable. I will make sure to address this with our group. We hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
The hotel was not right off the freeway as we were told and was right next to apartment buildings where people slept out on their balconies.
1 night business trip Aug 21, 2014
Elaine Mitchell
"Better than we expected"
The manager was not friendly when I talked to him on the phone, so my expectations weren't very high but, we were pleasantly surprised with a nice clean room and nice simple landscaping. To balance the unpleasantness on the phone, a new key card was made for me without complaint when I couldn't find mine at 5 am, after dropping my daughter off at SFO at 4 am. I got a chance to jump in the pool before we checked out, which was refreshing.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
Mom from Mendo
"good location but much less pleasant than expected"
Really convenient for us, but disappointing in every way. Staff was not concerned and didn't try to be helpful. Amenities were substandard: towels like sandpaper, sheets with holes and not as long as the bed, rugs not quite clean, no soap dishes, soaps very slimy, continental breakfast grim, extremely limited and unappealing. Would have checked out after first night if we hadn't paid in advance. Will not book through Expedia again.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
First visit to Redwood City, had a doctors appointment and wasn't sure where to stay. The staff at this hotel were friendly and very helpful. Great to have a Whole Foods Market next door.
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2014
"Good place to explore the Bay Area"
Very good place to stay while exploring Bay Area, even if you don't have a car. Very close to Caltrain, so there is good access to the San Francisco and Stanford. Good bet if you want to avoid traffic jams on freeway.
5 night trip May 24, 2014
Jacek
"Rude check out from staff"
The staff here very nice upon checking in but following morning i was ill let front desk know and asked for a late checkout they said no even tho i was ill then agreed to at the maximum fifteen min late check out only as i was getting my things out of the room front desk called and were rude i again apologized and said i was ill but hurrying only had couple more items to be taken to my car then the maid knocked i told her they gave fifteen min longer and as i was leaving tge maid came in doorway i said im leaving now she gave me a nasty look shook her head and left
Robin
Friendly staff that were very warm and welcoming.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
"Functional"
Room was ok, but noisy. The breakfast was minuscule, stale and not very appetizing. Go to Whole Foods or Max.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
leo
"Great location for me"
family near by so this was perfect for us. We stayed in the courtyard surrounding the pool. A little chilly to swim, but the pool looked nice. There is a Whole Foods next door, and several restaurants within a block including a German Biergarden (which we visited). This place is more like a traditional motel than an Inn, but they did have coffee in the AM and a small continental breakfast. Will definitely stay there again if visiting family.
1 night trip Apr 3, 2014
David H
"Bad experience"
Had to check out early because job got delayed. Had to pay for night I did not get to use. Felt ripped off. Front deck person totally did not care.
Other trip Apr 4, 2014
"OK for the price."
Everything in the area was dramatically overpriced. Chose this hotel only because the rate was low and I needed a room while a family member had surgery at a local hospital. Served the purpose, but not an impressive place. Not great, but OK. Window AC/Heating unit is loud and blows air up into the curtains. So your choices are a) flapping curtains b) open curtains (no privacy) or c) no climate control.
Other trip Apr 4, 2014
GW
Overall... Not recommended! The Manager was so rude, unpleasant and even threatening us! What a bad experience! I was scratching the whole night because Im sure those sheets were dirty and have mites! Nightmare! We will never forget that manager... Very unpleasant and rude!
1 night business trip Mar 23, 2014
MD
"Adequate for my needs."
This was a 1 night stay for a 2 day seminar. It was closest to the location. I am not a fan of window a/c. Other than that, the room was OK. The breakfast was minimalist (toaster waffles, coldcereal, bananas and apples.) Overall, adequate.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
Convenient spot... I could have paid less than the Hotels.com rate.
1 night trip Mar 17, 2014
Noisy neighborhood, super cramped parking, sagging bed, Clean room though. I was there to sleep though, and that proved difficult.
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2014
"Much better than expected"
I chose this hotel because of it's proximity to the conference I was attending. It was very convenient. Although, old, the owners keep the hotel spotless. I felt safe. Strip mall across the street was perfect. I would definitely stay again, should the need arise. Skip the continental breakfast.
2 night business trip Feb 9, 2014
JB
"Recommended"
Second time I've stayed there. This time Monday-Thursday. Totally uneventful as a motel stay should be. Took advantage of the grocery store next door and the included refrigerator in the room. Everything just worked fine.
Other trip Feb 14, 2014
Arild
"Pleasant People. Well located."
Good location for access to Stanford Medical Center and Starbucks.
Other trip Feb 5, 2014
"it was very clean"
there weren't towel racks; the heater wouldn't turn off, we just about roasted in the middle of the night, the continatial breakfast was the skimpiest ever. It advertised there was a DVD player, which there wasn't.
Other trip Jan 10, 2014
"Location"
The hotel was close to the Cal Train and shopping. The room was clean and comfortable.
6 night trip Dec 10, 2013
Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very light and disappointing.
1 night trip Dec 15, 2013
"Will stay there again"
I will more than likely stay there again. I deduct one star from my rating due to the faulty Internet access. So bring a Mifi if you need reliable access. Apart from that it's pretty standard motel quality. However, it seemed like everything was recently renovated. Paint was fresh, nothing was broken, bathroom was spotless, etc. Breakfast consisted of toasted eggos and coffee. You may want to head over to Starbucks across that street or somewhere else if you are in need of something more solid. Walking from the train station is an easy 5-10 minute walk. My room came with a mini fridge and a small microwave. There's a grocery store next door and a strip mall on the other side of the road (note, there's lots of traffic during rush hour but I had no problems with noise). There was also a nice flatscreen TV with cable channels in my room.
Other trip Dec 7, 2013
Arild
"Good value, good service."
Friendly, attentive staff, good breakfast. Room had faint smell of bleach - which I like - and was clean, if a tad thread-worn. I would stay here again. The area near this location has a nice nite life as well, though it may be a bit rough for some on foot, after dark, so the big flat screen TV was welcome.
1 night trip Nov 13, 2013
Ben
"Doctor app."
Great staff every quite. room was clean. Maides work to keep it nice. next to shoping center. Will stay there on are next trip. Thank to all
2 night trip Oct 16, 2013