All hotels in Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
65 Northbourne AvenueCanberraACT2600Australia, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great pool
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
    Poor vibe
"In Canberra, it just does not get any better"
Came to Canberra to visit friends. Hotel right in the heart of the City Center, close to everything, and convenient to all transportation. Hotel could use a little update.
Response by Novotel Canberra
Hi Robert Thanks for your great feedback. Pleased to read you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We are working on a few upgrades this year, so look forward to showing them off when you next return to Canberra. All the best
9 night trip with friends Feb 3, 2016
"While Visiting Sydney.."
We took the Murray Bus from Sydney, a pleasant 3 1/2 her ride. Novotel hotel right next to bus station. bUs drivers were most helpful with directions. Great location, close to Canberra Mall, restaurants and short bus ride to museums. The 2 nite stay enabled us to visit the War Memorial, national Gallery, Library and Museum of Australia. eXcellent Asian food, also try Wood Coal.
2 night romance trip Jan 13, 2016
Good location . But carpet need fully change.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2016
Raul
"hometown coming"
The pool area was out of operation for 6 days of our stay and the parking was a nightmare , the continual checking on your room number every time you entered the lift by front desk staff was overdone , the staff ok.
Response by Novotel Canberra
I am sorry if our unexpected pool maintenance has diminished the overall enjoyment of your stay with us. I do appreciate your comment about the team and their service.
9 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
peter
Hotel is centrally located in the CBD and much to do. Hotel is pleasant...highly recommended.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
overall it was an enjoyable stay
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
The only comment that I have is that the carpets on the third floor corridor looked tired thus letting the high caliber of service down on over positive experience that I received at the novotel.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"Great experience"
Our stay was excellent. The hotel is ideally situated. The room and the service were excellent. The breakfast on the first morning was excellent particularly with the juice machine unfortunately this was not available on the second morning.
2 night trip with friends Feb 6, 2015
GAIL
other than blood stains on top of the two doona covers and the exhust fan in the bathroom not working and a hole in the wall behind the curtain all was fine
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
The hotel is less then a block away from the bus interchange and next door to the intercity bus station. So, if you don't know Canberra at all, it is the place to start.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
Kamila
"Fantastic Buffet Breakfast"
This was the 2nd time staying in Novotel Canberra. We chose this hotel cos it is close to the Canberra Center and everything. We all enjoyed the swimming and gym facilities in our 2 days stay. The highlight was the buffet breakfast as the kids ate free. It seemed the only hotel has this special benefit. One thing you need to beware is when you do your booking, you need to know you pay in $US instead of $AU. We also recommend the Jamies' Italian Restaurant in the Canberra Center.
2 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
Yan
"Happy customer"
Very happy with the hotel. Locality suited us fine. Very obliging staff when we requested an earlier check in. Would recommend to friends.
1 night family trip Dec 6, 2014
"Novotel Canberra feedback"
Great stay, great service and convenient location. Room was very clean and comfortable. Aina at reception was fantastic and treated us to a fruit platter with sweets for the kids, as a gift for our celebration stay. Aina was genuinely friendly and assisting. Such a great location with cafes and restaurants just putside the hotel. Great heated spa and warm pool, especially with rain outside. Lovely buffet breakfast too. Thanks Novotel staff.
2 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
Randolph
Hotel was nice, room was comfortable. Not enough staff at front desk and room wasn't ready when we arrived, but overall the hotel was decent and well located.
Response by Novotel Canberra
Dear Annie, Thank you for taking the time to complete the online survey and sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Novotel Canberra your feedback. We are glad to see you found the location of the hotel convenient for your travel needs Thank you again for your feedback, we hope to see you soon again Sincerely, Eugéne Human Relief General Manager Novotel Canberra
2 night family trip Sep 29, 2014
"A great weekend place to be"
A weekend location that provided comfort and access to all Capitol venues via public transportation. Two full days fit the bill. Hotel staff are helpful and go out of their way to please.
Other trip Apr 12, 2014
Marvin
My husband and I stayed for the weekend to see the Inca exhibition. The hotel was very comfortable and the staff very friendly. The restaurant was exceptional as well
Other trip Feb 1, 2014
"Good hotel close to ANU & other places of interest"
Good hotel. Having said this, WiFi and parking are rather expensive.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
Maria
Rooms were very good but the bathroom is in need of attention. Baths are too high with no railing to hang onto and very, very slippery. My wife fell trying to get out which is not very satisfactory and is very dangerous!!
Other trip Jul 30, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

I have stayed at this hotel several times.I love the location. I have found the rooms are clean every time. I would recommend it for a central location.
2 night family trip Jan 18, 2016
"Droning noise in room kept me awake."
Do not go into room 238 if you want a quiet nights sleep. A droning noise (not the air con) meant i could not sleep. I had to get up at 2am and ask to be moved. They moved me 3 rooms down and I could still hear the droning but it was better. They need to fix this problem.
1 night business trip Mar 31, 2016
"Met expectations"
Only one complaint - like so many Australian major hotel chains - there was still a charge for secure WiFi. If the little motels in country towns can afford to offer secure access for free, the large chains should be able to.
1 night romance trip Mar 21, 2016
Good place to stay. Nice neighborhood.
1 night trip with friends Mar 28, 2016
Xulong
"Great location, good staff, not great management"
The hotel is in a very convenient spot. Very close to fantastic eating spots. Breakfast included was great. For the first two mornings we were impressed that parts of the menu seemed to be on rotation- make your own juice/ noodles. Unfortunately, this did not continue and being severely understaffed meant that the poor wait staff were struggling to keep up with a very busy space. The pillow menu was a complete farce- the assistant who came to our door tried to tell me he was giving us the requested pillows. When recalled, he admitted they just didn't have any available. By night 3 I tried again. The receptionist personally tried to assist and even after consulting management had to admit they did not have either of the options we requested. The rooms were kept reasonably clean given the age and need for updating. Car parking was convenient and the staff in the park very very good. Disappointing aspect here was that my booking service had requested discounted parking due to multi night stay. This was not mentioned or referred to until check out... When I was charged full fee. The manager checking me out did not impress me in his approach to this situation. There was no apology even when I suggested I would have understood if this had been mentioned on check in rather than check out. We would look for accomodation in the neighbourhood, but would not return to the Novotel without an amazing special.
5 night family trip Mar 24, 2016
tamara
"Our Canberra Hotel of choice"
We have been travelling to Canberra often over the last couple of years, staying at various hotels. The central location of the Novotel is great. Room was clean and bed comfortable. Breakfast was very nice. We look forward to trying Restaurant on our next trip. This will certainly be our hotel of choice for future visits.
1 night family trip Mar 24, 2016
MARLENE
"Stayed for graduation"
Stayed there for 2 nights, did not spend much time at the hotel itself. It was alright though, ordered in room breakfast, relatively cheap, on time. Food was not the best but alright. Room was quite clean. Overall did not have any probs, would stay again.
2 night business trip Mar 17, 2016
The room was great. We got a free upgrade. The only disappointment is the checking out. It took us around 15 mins to wait for a available staff to check out.
2 night romance trip Mar 18, 2016
"Weekend trip"
Location was great! Good for food trips to cafes and restaurants Staff were helpful and fast Got late check out which was great Room - bathroom basin was separate / also made into tea coffee area which didn't make sense Toiletries were terrible for a 4 star hotel Bedding- Pillows were flat and old! pillow menu was optional but we were too tired to call and ask for one
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2016
Stayed for 11 nights. A few times, the room was not cleaned, perhaps due to short staff or neglect. Front desk staff misplaced a colleague's umbrella that was later retrieved by the colleague on top of a side desk, service fairly slow compared to other Novotel locations.
11 night business trip Mar 7, 2016
JAMES
"great hotel & great service"
We enjoyed our stay very much.
2 night romance trip Mar 12, 2016
Dinal
Enjoyed our stay, great location, good service, friendly staff, very comfortable room.
3 night romance trip Mar 4, 2016
Ian m
"Great stay tarnished by our car being scraped!"
We had a great stay in Canberra. The service at the hotel was great and we had a great dinner at Mamma's Trattoria around the corner. Unfortunately our stay was tarnished by the fact that our car was badly scraped in the hotel car park. We left our car with the hotel valet at 3.30pm on Saturday and when we picked it up at 10am Sunday morning there was a huge scrape across the bumper bar. The hotel denies that they are responsible for the damage which was frustrating to say the least. I would definitely caution anyone else who is considering parking there to park your car yourself!
1 night family trip Mar 5, 2016
Carolyn
"Novotel is a winner for group trip!"
Stayed at the Novotel for two nights and had a very comfortable stay. Was really impressed by speed of check in/out - staff were fantastic! Shopping district is a stones throw away, great bars next to the hotel and the convenience of the Murrays station being next door is perfect for to/from travel to Canberra. Only downside to the Novotel is the very narrow and limited hotel parking facilities. We were lucky to get a spot upon a late arrival and didn't use the car once in fear of not getting a space again.
2 night trip with friends Feb 26, 2016
Lachlan
"ok but not great"
room was large. staff was friendly but busy. as example i was hung up on twice trying to order food. when the food arrived it was incomplete. the bed was broken, the air system barely worked and the room was musty. in the end i slept and survived.
1 night business trip Feb 23, 2016
Evan
"Not up to Accor standards"
This hotel is an old one which is very tired and in need of a serious upgrade. It is very busy. Staff are very polite and helpful- parking was great ($20 per day) Strange layout for a room - shower and toilet in bathroom, basin in the main room where you sleep. Couple two rooms away had a huge domestic and were very noisy at 2.30am. Buffet is ordinary compared to travel in Europe- tables not cleared in time for new guests either. Carpet very worn. Disappointing as we stay at Accor all over Europe, but this one not as good.
Response by Novotel Canberra
Hi Margaret I thank you for taking the time to provide the feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. I have noted your comments regarding the age of our property and assure you that we have numerous projects underway currently. I hope that we have an opportunity to show off our improvements when you next visit Canberra. All the best
2 night romance trip Feb 19, 2016
Margaret
"Canberra trip"
Our room was not cleaned even though we removed the do not disturb sign at 11am. Room layout was very strange. We bumped into outside bathroom sink partition in the middle of the night when going to the toilet. There was no bin in the bathroom/toilet or beside outside sink. Initially they told us breakfast was not included when I had paid for it. When I showed them proof they did change it.
Response by Novotel Canberra
Hi Thanks for taking the time to provide the detailed feedback on your recent stay. We do have a number of rooms that have been modelled on a traditional European layout, where the bathroom sink is outside of the main bathroom to provide additional privacy where there is more than one guest staying in the room. When you return to stay with us at Novotel Canberra I do encourage you to mention to our friendly team that you wish to have a Standard room allocated to you. We look forward to welcoming you back at a point in the future. Best regards
1 night family trip Feb 19, 2016
"Great stay for family"
It's a very nice stay. My kids really enjoy the swimming pool.The location is quite central and close to Canberra Centre. Parking is not free and there is $20 fee.
Response by Novotel Canberra
Hi Thanks for taking the time to review us on your recent stay. I am so pleased you found time to enjoy our fabulous indoor, heated pool during your stay - its a favourite with many of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel on your next visit to Canberra. All the best
1 night family trip Jan 25, 2016
"Better than Before"
We haven't been to Canberra in a few years but decided to come back to enjoy the sights and area. Stayed at the Novotel before, which was great and once again they backed it up. If anything the place looks fresher after a few years absence. If we go back again you know where we are going to stay.
Response by Novotel Canberra
Hi Earl Thanks for your lovely feedback! Great to have you back staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Canberra. All the best
3 night romance trip Feb 12, 2016
Earl
"Family weekender"
Started off poorly with a 7pm turn up and no valet to assist with my families many bags. Bags fell off trolley twice on the way to reception. Then it only got better. Spa and indoor pool were great. Gym looked pretty nice too. $4.50 for 2 scoops of cheap tasting kiddie ice cream let the room service down. Buffet breakfast was worth the extra cost. Kiddies loved the pancake machine and the muffins. I loved the fresh food and coffee and sausages and eggs and bakery and fresh juice. Wished I had hash browns though. A nice dinner, a very comfortable bed and many more swims and spas and a day out in Canberra. A down side was $20 per day parking and no free Wi-Fi. Basically adds $30-$50 per day as a 'hidden' extra for no real benefit. The Valets made up for the Friday night entry on checkout by picking up all the bags from my room and packing the car while we went on the local Roundabout. A great surprise ending! I would return
Response by Novotel Canberra
Hi Kim It sounds like your stay took a little time to warm up. I do thank you for your detailed review as it is extremely important for us to hear what our guests think we do really well and the bits we can improve. So pleased to hear the kids loved the pool and our pancake machine! We would love to have you back when you next visit Canberra - I accept the challenge of sourcing ice cream to meet with a kiddie seal of approval! Best regards
2 night family trip Feb 5, 2016
"Friendly staff but tired premises"
This hotel was disappointing given that it is a Novotel. The room is very tired and in need of a facelift. In addition, the carpets both inside the room and out in the hallway need to be replaced. However, the staff was very friendly. I would stay there again if the room is renovated.
Response by Novotel Canberra
Hi I do thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am sorry that your recent stay didn't match with your expectations. You have raised some very valid feedback and I will certainly follow up and table with our team. Kind regards
3 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2016
"New Years Celebration"
News years Eve and New Years Day walking distance to everything in the CBD and the pubs were all close by.
Response by Novotel Canberra
Hi John Thanks for taking the time to provide a review and rating of your recent stay with Novotel Canberra. It was a pleasure to host you and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. All the best
1 night trip Dec 31, 2015
Very comfortable. Would have been nice to get a thank you for staying with us from the front desk guy ,
1 night family trip Jan 26, 2016
"Best price thanks Venere"
We love the Novotel in Canberra and Venere offered the best price. Thanks
3 night family trip Jan 23, 2016
Carla
"Happy family"
We spent 3 nights, great location, close to everything, buffet breakfast was little expensive at $30. Pool is little run down and gets over run by unruly kids. Overall we had great time and were happy with novatel and would stay again without hesitation.
3 night family trip Jan 19, 2016
Martyn
"Canberra with Family for Cricket"
I enjoyed stay at Novotel with family , Kids loved Cartoon channels . Breakfast was nice , Overall it was nice ..... I think bit of renovation needed in bathrooms and lobby Didn't like... we have to pay for parking n wi fi ... it should have been included in stay
3 night family trip Jan 19, 2016
"Very good for families."
Very good hotel situated in the city. Very good to stay for family. Staffs are very friendly. Only disadvantages you have pay for parking and Internet which is ridiculous for Four star rated hotel.
2 night family trip Jan 21, 2016
Vettrivel
"Short visit"
Great location for everything we wanted to see and do
3 night trip Jan 16, 2016
"Great location, super helpful staff"
The staff are super friendly, and were keen to ensure that the I was enjoying my stay, and asked if I needed any info on local places and sightseeing. The hotel location is great, just 10 mins from bars and great restaurants. Convenient underground car park, which was perfect for a centrally located hotel with limited street parking.
2 night trip with friends Jan 22, 2016
Aaron
The room was perfect for our overnight stay. Extremely comfortable bed. Excellent city location
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2016
"Great location for shopping and eating out"
We had a great stay. It was perfect for everything we required.
2 night family trip Jan 16, 2016
Kate
"Central location close to shops and food."
Easy check in with parking and the rest of the trip can be on foot, so no parking in the city issues. Food is near by with a great selection of sit down and take away, and bars.
Other trip Jan 17, 2016