All hotels in Lee, Massachusetts, United States of America

"Get away weekend fathers day"
The staff were polite and helpful the room was clean and enjoyable house keeping were great and terrific with requests I am definitely coming back and would recommend the swan inn
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
Timothy
"Get a lake view room"
Awesome. Swimming nearby, great pub in town called Moe's. Clean rooms great view.
2 night romance trip Jun 6, 2014
"Better in Warmer Weather"
I enjoyed my experience at the hotel. The breakfast was lacking, but the room was great for the price paid. However, I think the experience would have been greatly improved had the outdoor pool been open and it was warm enough to sit by the lake.
Response by Black Swan Inn, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review via expedia. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the breakfast we had to offer. I am glad that it did not stop you from enjoying your visit to the Berkshires. We hope to see you again soon.
Other trip May 30, 2014
Carrie
"Great location. Great value."
First time at this Inn. Convenient location. If I had more time I'd have brought my fishing pole.
Response by Black Swan Inn, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Perfect Berkahire location. Amenities & staff,gr8"
Welcomed with a smile, accommodated a request for a first floor room. Comfortable, clean, breakfast simple but pleasant. Would definately return without question.
Response by Black Swan Inn, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Thank you for your review, we hope to see you again soon.
Other trip May 20, 2014
"Nice location and is a good value."
The reception, staff and amenities were excellent. The check-in process was a breeze, and round the clock availability of coffee, tea and hot water was really a treat particularly since it was cold and raining when we were there.Staff were helpful and courteous. The food in the Bombay restaurant was great and was of good value.
Response by Black Swan Inn, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Expedia. We are happy to hear that everything our property has to offer, was to your liking. We run a quick/efficient check in process so that we may get everyone to their rooms, but more importantly, off to one of the many activities that the Berkshires has to offer. Thank you again for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
evelyn
"Close to many sights"
Hotel well kept, fairly recently remodeled. Overall impression good for older non-chain motel in historic area. Service receptive, wifi good, breakfast room excellent view of lake and food OK. Reasonably quiet and convenient for travelers. In-season likely a big plus as it is located on water body and lakeside views vary good (obviously more expensive...). Convenient location for tourists, recommended.
1 night trip Apr 24, 2014
"Nice hotel on the lake"
Room was clean. Buffet breakfast consisted of a continental breakfast. There was a nice path to a beach on the lake . I hear its really a nice beach in summer.
Response by Black Swan Inn, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the Berkshires. We hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Cindy
"Great place ! we'd stay again !!"
One of us had stayed at the hotel when it was under previous mgmt. Since that one of us, did NOT make the reservation, the other had reserved room and when we got there.. the previous experience was VERY quickly erased ! Room was lovely, quiet , clean and comfortable. We enjoyed a nice breakfast overlooking the lake and got to watch all KINDS of wild life on the lake.. a beaver who was diving for breakfast, some geese heading for other waterways.. it was lovely. THANKS for having us !
1 night trip Apr 9, 2014
"Convient stop between Hartford CT and Syracuse NY"
For a quick stop - off season the hotel was clean, the staff was great. May have to stop and stay in the Spring, Summer or Fall to see the sites in the area. Beautiful part of the state of Massachusetts.
1 night business trip Mar 24, 2014
Matt B
Always a great place
1 night business trip Feb 24, 2014
"Nice clean updated and on a lake"
Stayed here 2x so far in Feb 2014. Rooms were clean. Continental Breakfast had a good amount of variety. Employees were nice and friendly; seems like they're really trying to make sure you have a nice stay.
2 night trip Feb 21, 2014
"Lee on the lake"
Very good hotel. Clean and with very attentive staff. Nice breakfast.
2 night trip Feb 21, 2014
Claudio
A nice hotel, I often stay at marriot courtyards and the rooms were comparable. Clean, modern, old school heat and ac unit but worked so great. It was 8 degrees outside and I had to turn down the heat on 5 minutes because it was to hot. I would stay there again, although I did not eat at the restaurant. The continental breakfast is very basic, expect to go out to eat
Response by Black Swan Inn, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Thank you for your review of our property, The Black Swan Inn. Since we took over in April 2013, we have introduced some brand new heat/ac units to large portion of our rooms and we will continue to do so over time. Thank you for your feedback, we hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
We had a lovely stay. The view of the frozen lake was fantastic. The motel was located on our drive to Jiminy Peak, which was very easy. The place is very quiet but be ready to be woken up by little feet running down the hall by 8am. The dining room could be spruced up to make it more welcoming during breakfast. Hope they do something about it!
Response by Black Swan Inn, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Thank you for choosing the Black Swan Inn for your getaway to Jiminy Peak. It upsets me to hear that you were disrupted by people moving around the halls above you. When we did our renovations last May-July of 2013, we did our best to soundproof every area that we could. Just being a 25 year old wooden building, we could only do so much. Our staff here is aware of this and we keep an eye on the halls 24 hours a day making sure people/kids are not running up and down the halls. I apologize again for the noise issue, we hope to see you again soon.
2 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"Avoid school vacation week"
It was vacation week in Massachusetts. The kids upstairs seemed to be running up and down the hall until late in evening. They had not prepared for so many for breakfast which was so meager we checked out early to find breakfast. A little disappointed as they have certainly raised their rates.
Response by Black Swan Inn, an Ascend Collection Hotel
We are upset to hear that you had a less than desirable stay with us. I apologize for the noise issues with the guests above you. That evening we had to speak with multiple kids/parents about the running up and down the halls. We operate on a 3 strike warning system, and that evening were very close to asking a group to leave due to the disruption to our other guests. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I do hope that you will give us another chance to provide an enjoyable experience to you. We hope to see you again in the future.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
"Must stay, beautiful surroundings"
The room was great. The staff was friendly and welcoming. We really enjoyed the view, the lake was beautiful.
Response by Black Swan Inn, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Thank you for your short and sweet review of our property. We are excited to hear that you had an enjoyable visit. We hope to see you again soon.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2014
"Wonderful place"
I love this hotel! The customer service was outstanding. The rooms are cozy and clean and comfortable with good heat. The shower was perfect with plenty of hot water that gets hot right away. The managers are just right, the perfect balance of being really nice and welcoming but still leaving you alone. And Bombay restaurant on site is delicious. Can't wait to go back again. Really cool quick way to get away from Boston and go somewhere natural and beautiful.
Response by Black Swan Inn, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Our staff loves to read these kids of reviews. We really have worked very hard since we took over less than a year ago, and its great to see all that hard work paid off. Thank you for your review, we hope to see you again soon.
1 night business trip Feb 9, 2014
Shale
"Nicely remodeled property."
Clean, convenient and comfortable inn. It looks like before the re-model it was pretty awful and that the new owner is putting in a huge effort to update and upgrade. Breakfast was good -not incredible. However, it was just what we needed before skiing. It included breads, yogurt, fruit, boiled eggs and COFFEE! All of the staff that we encountered were very friendly.
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
Scotty Skier
"Good Price for a Good Location and Good Service"
Great price for a decent view in a cute town. The lake is not as exciting as we had hoped, but that might because we were there in the winter. The attached restaurant is very nice. The breakfast is OK. Rooms are very nice for the price and overall we had a wonderful stay.
Response by Black Swan Inn, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Thank you for your recent review of our property. I would agree that the lake is much more inviting in the summer. There are boats constantly going in an out of the water, a local beach within walking distance, and fish to be caught. However, the Winter can be just as nice, minus the cold weather of course. There is ice fishing, skating, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, and more. All can be done on or around the lake. Thank you again for your review, we hope to see you again.
1 night romance trip Dec 30, 2013
Kyle
Great place, welcoming and helpful staff. Would come again.
Response by Black Swan Inn, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Thank you for reviewing our property the Black Swan Inn. I am excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again real soon.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
"Overall a good night's sleep"
Drawbacks were dingy, musty hallways. Drab and dreary lobby and no closet in the room!
Response by Black Swan Inn, an Ascend Collection Hotel
I apologize for the disappointment you had for some of the aspects of our property. Everything in our lobby and down our hallways is brand new, from the carpet to the wall paper and to the popcorn ceiling. Each one of our guest rooms are equipped with mirrored door closets. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
anonymous
"Overall a very nice place to stay."
My husband and I booked a Superior king room for New Years Eve. The Black Swan was within our budget and a step up from 'budget' motels in the area. The staff was friendly and accommodating and the room was spacious and clean. There was everything we needed in the room and we had a great view of the lake. It took a while for the heat to come up and the floor in the bathroom was cold (1st floor room) but overall we had a great stay and found this to be an overall nice place to stay.
Response by Black Swan Inn, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Susan, We are very glad to hear that you decided to choose our property the Black Swan Inn for your New Years Eve getaway. I am happy to hear that even though there were a few small issues, that you were able to continue to have a nice stay with us. I apologize for the issue you had with the fireplace. We took over this property this past April when the fireplaces were already off for the coming spring, summer, and fall. In September, when getting ready to turn them on again, we decided to get them inspected, only to find out they were past code. For the safety of our guests we decided not to operate them this year until we change them out, or fix up the ones we currently have. Thank you for your review, we hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
"Had a Wonderful Time"
Everyone at the hotel was extremely nice and very accommodating. The view of the lake is gorgeous both night and day. Very clean and comfortable rooms. Brought my adult nieces for their first visit to the Berkshires and they want me to bring them back to the Black Swan Inn next summer. They can't wait to go out on the lake.
1 night trip Nov 2, 2013
Marion T.
"Nice location in the Berkshires."
The rooms were clean and comfortable. Their renovations were very good. The price of the rooms through Hotels.com was excellent, especially for a fall weekend in the Berkshires.
"Black Swan Lee MAss"
Great folks ! Made us feel right at home & could not do enough for us!
Marilyn
"close to Lee Outlets"
The hotel is under new management. It was recently renovated. The management staff was outstanding. The location is excellent. It's very picturesque, right on a Lake.
"Cute Berkshire Hotel"
Nice setting, comfortable beds. Helpful staff.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
"Nice getaway"
The hotel was redone recently, so the rooms were nice- only complaints were that you could hear all the hallway noise and need a car to get anywhere from there
2 night trip Oct 18, 2013
"Lovely! Comfy. Come see!"
Watched geese taking off in groups over breakfast.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
Have to start with the greeting at the front desk by a young woman who had extensive knowledge of the hotel and area. The hotel has recently completed an extensive remodel. Our room was nicely appointed and very comfortable with the exception of a waterfall noise effect whenever the toilet flushed upstairs. Not overly disturbing, but there nonetheless. The autumn foliage around the lake out back was stunning. I wish we had more time available to just sit on the deck and watch the geese swim by. Absolutely must mention the Indian restaurant in the hotel. The food was well prepared, had a nice depth of flavor without being overly spicy. And the service there was wonderful as well. Overall we had a wonderful stay.
1 night romance trip Oct 13, 2013
M P
"Very nice hotel on the edge of the lake"
We selected this hotel because of its location and proximity to hiking areas during this fall foliage season. I read some reviews and did note that there was a change in ownership and management. The room was very comfortable, well taken care and clean. I loved the water view and lakeside public beaches were within walking distance. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it highly.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
"Black Swan"
Excellent place to relax for a few days and to enjoy the activities in the area. It has a picturesque location and an outstanding staff. The Bombay restaurant is one of the best Indian restaurants I have eaten in anywhere in the world.
Other trip Oct 10, 2013
"Not Fully Thought Out"
The Black Swan Inn is very well situated at the foot of a pretty lake just north of the center of Lee MA. When we arrived, we were sent to a room that was not made up, a fate we shared with at least one other group arriving at the same time. The check-in procedure was more time-consuming than usual. The room we eventually got was clean enough, but the furnishings were rather small, leaving not quite enough place to put the usual pocket junk and electronics for charging. The light in out bathroom did not work. The breakfast room is the same as the Indian restaurant at the hotel, and was thoroughly permeated with Indian spices. While I like Indian food, this is not what I really wanted at breakfast. Once seated for breakfast, I found the offerings really poor and scant, and we left to get breakfast at the excellent local Joe's Diner. At the diner we encountered two other people we had seen at the hotel. All in all, I got a good night's sleep, but it felt like I was staying in someone's neglected guest room.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
DCH
"Very pleased. In fact returned to stay again."
Better than rated on Expedia. Newly remodeled. Very clean , nice lake.
Other trip Oct 4, 2013
"Great room, close to town"
Appears newly remodeled. Check-in clerk was will to bend-over-backwards to help. I was just there overnight but it was very enjoyable.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
"very nice renovation, lovely place"
this place has been renovated recently and it shows. the style is still a little old but the room was clean, and the bed very comfortable. the Bath was also very clean, just old style. the breakfast is simple/continental but with amazing views on the lake. the staff is extremely nice and helpful. I would stay here again. if you can, get a room on the lake side. free parking and WiFi
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
"Nice hotel on Laurel lake"
Nice and clean, good Indian Rest on site, decent breakfast. The gym left a lot to be desired. Looks like they are trying to spruce up the outdoor area. Nice rooms overlooking the lake with small balcony. All in all very plesant.
Other trip Sep 5, 2013
"needs a good refurb"
Not a B and B..just a motel with a very average do it yourself breakfast so overpriced for what it is. Broken down old pool covered in and rough recent timber work on balconies. it was disapointing compared to other b and b,s we stayed at. Good Indian restaurant on site.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2013
Great staff. Fantastic new renovation. The room still smelled new. A terrific value.
Other trip Aug 31, 2013
"Nice hotel with a view of a lake"
I will go back again next year. This place in under new management and they are making a number of improvements. The beds have been replaced and are great.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
Joel
"Close to Tanglewood."
The rooms were great, brand new. The lake view was great. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was aweful. You simply cannot serve food on styrofoam, very tacky! The food quality was bad. The 10 slices of bacon for 20 guests at 9 am was poor planning. The meat sticks " sausage" was inedible. Two brown bananas and one bagel was my other choice. I dont expect a incredible breakfast selection but I do expect what is put out to be edible and presented well and clean. Go to the nearest breakfast place and for go the "Continental Breakfast" One last comment please clean up the pool area. You can see it from the restaurant. Old dirty blue tarps covering some sort of boats held down with old car tires. This is simple maintenance that any staff member could clean up. I would not want guests at my house to see this in my backyard and I dont charge them to stay there. I know this property is a work in progress but some simple low cost work could of improved the pool area and the presentation and quality of the food.
1 night trip with friends Aug 24, 2013
Mike Q
General manager was very friendly and accomodating Great accomodations with a view of the lake.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2013
"Good modern hotel close to the lake beach"
We stayed 1 nt for visiting Tanglewood and are very pleased with the hotel convenience, amenities and friendliness of staff. The breakfast was adequate - bagels, pastries, bacon, coffee etc. We would like to stay next time but a bit expensive for our budget if more than 1 nt (as most in this area, maybe farther away is possible to find cheaper, not sure). We would recommend it to our friends. Although it's on the waterfront, you have to walk 1/4 ml to a residents' beach accessible with your room key. On the other hand, Lenox town beach is nearby, open to everybody. We liked the Indian restaurant in the same building where we had dinner before the night concert in Tanglewood.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013

"Great Location but tired hotel"
The hotel is ideally located about a mile from the centre of Lee with adequate parking. Although they are trying to make the hotel comfortable the building looks in need of a major refurbishment. although once inside this was less noticeable. The staff were brilliant both at check-in and any other time we needed them. We didn't use the restaurant/bar facilities.
Response by Black Swan Inn, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Thank you for staying with us here at the Black Swan Inn. I apologize for some of the issues that you saw while staying with us. We have recently added stack stone work to the front of the building and have plans for other areas of renovations as we continue forward. We hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
C
"good stayover"
The hotel is an older building, but in good shape and well kept. Restaurant seemed busy in the evening, I can't say anything about it as i did not go. Parking lot was still big enough.
1 night trip Aug 19, 2014
"Near Tanglewood"
Perfect for 1 or 2 nights near Tanglewood with lovely restaurants in Lee.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Val
"It was OK"
I've stayed at seven hotels while touring and by the time I added the Lake view premium on, this worked out at the most expensive. And I'd say it was the worst. Yes, the Lake view was lovely, but I paid extra for that. Everything else was average. No pool. No Gym. Very limited Breakfast selection. Drab and tired decor. Well out of town. Nothing that I can find to be overly complimentary about. We were going to take a kayak out, but I thought their prices for that were over the top, so we didn't bother. I think others thought the same as none of the boats moved in the two days we were there. The one thing that wound me up, was the begging letter from the cleaner, especially as the cleanliness wasn't brilliant. The chairs and table on the balcony were too filthy to use.
2 night trip Jun 17, 2014
FatFunFan
"Lakeside motel on outskirts of Lee"
Long two story motel beside a lake on the edge of Lee town. The main road is very busy with a lot of heavy goods vehicles passing but the noise was not too intrusive. Room was good size and clean and comfortable. Small lawn beside the lake made a nice location to sit with a drink. Reception staff were very helpful and advised the best eating places and hiking locations. Nice breakfast area with bread, cereals, juice hard boiled eggs and bagels, muffins etc. Would happily stay there again
Response by Black Swan Inn, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed/informative review about our property. We appreciate when our guests take time out of their lives to tell us how we are doing. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit to the Berkshires, we hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
richard
"Sharp, ReFurbished, Polite and Friendly"
We arrived late and they were waiting for us. The staff was waiting and greeted us after a long drive. The rooms have just been all redone and are excellent - standard but clean, fresh and the beds are comfortable and sheets perfect. The pillows are those new small square pillows which make no sense to me to be honest - but they work!
1 night trip May 16, 2014