All hotels in San Jose, California, United States of America
817 The Alameda, San Jose, CA, 95126, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Old but Clean"
Old hotel but overall well managed!!
1 night business trip Aug 26, 2015
Hotel was very convenient to my friend's home and many little businesses such as eats/drinks in walking distance too. Hotel is very neat and clean.
3 night trip with friends Aug 20, 2015
"dont"
you could here every footstep taken from the room above could not sleep I had read this from the reviews but thought give it a chance.If you go here don't plan on sleeping. asked for 30 min. delayed check out I was told no chance per company policy will not use again
2 night business trip Aug 19, 2015
luis
"Don't bother with this one!"
According to the description of the hotel, it said the rooms had been remodeled. The room I stayed in was the same as the rooms were 15 years ago. Not remodeled! Bed was hard. When you sat in the couch in the room you sunk nearly to the floor. I was waiting for about 8 minutes before anyone bothered to come out of the next room to check me in. I even said HELLO a few times, but she just ignored me and the other person that was waiting to check in. Then she was really rude, didn't give me the WiFi information or tell me about the breakfast. Will not go back again. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone!
1 night business trip Jun 15, 2015
Dianne
"Great, once again"
We've stayed at the Arena Hotel before. That's why we came back. Short distance to the train station which we used to go to San Francisco to see a Giants game.
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
"SAP center stay here"
This hotel is a short walk to the SAP center (2 blocks) free parking. Security guard on duty. Every room has a jacuzzi tub. Rooms with king size bed just remodeled with laminate floors.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
"Lack of Parental Guidance"
Other than what sounded like young children in the room above, parading back and forth across the room, everything was fine. Unfortunately, parental guidance in this day and age is not something you have any control over. Thank you for a nice stay.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Les
Very convenient to our stay to take child to school move in. Good location-right next to CVS and a Whole Foods-what a plus!
2 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
"great place"
great! great place to stay for the money.. and the breakfast was outstanding along with the customer service
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
kelly
Walking distance to SAP Center. Waited 20 min to check in. Property is older, but clean. Bathroom door did not catch all the time, so walked into several times during exit or entry. Good stay overall.
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
"Old, but relatively clean."
The place was very old. Furniture was rickety and marked up, the walls had paint chips and cracks, all of the decor was at least 30 years old. Cigarette burns in the tub, and a TV that I haven't seen in 10 years. But the room appeared to be clean, the lobby staff was helpful, and the breakfast was edible. A Marriott is was not, but it was a place to stay for the night in a pinch.
1 night business trip Jul 20, 2015
loved it!
1 night romance trip Jul 19, 2015
"Poor decision making"
My room was large and updated and appeared to be clean. Check in went smoothly. The hotel is older and has outdated decor and could use an update, but for the money and what it is, it was fine. I like the location a lot as it's near my corporate office which is why I was there. My problem occurred when I was awoken at 2 a.m. by the people in the room above me. The floors are laminate flooring, which is NOT good for a hotel as the noise is awful. When I called the front desk I was told she would notify the room. The noise never stopped. When I called back I was told the guests had just checked in. Why would you put guests who check in at 2 a.m. on the top floor? You have to know it's going to make noise! Why not have put me in that room when I checked in at 3 p.m. so those guests could be on the bottom floor and not bothering anyone at a 2 a.m. check in? It was just plain stupid. Guests who check in first should be placed on the top floor if there is room availability. Do not put late check in guests in a top floor room. The front desks only solution was to move me...at 2 a.m. As though I wanted to pack up all my stuff in the middle of the night, guest dressed, and move rooms. It was really disappointing. I had a business meeting the next morning, which is why I was there and I was exhausted the entire next day. It's really unfortunate. I will not be staying there for business any longer since I am not able to sleep.
1 night business trip Jul 9, 2015
Shane
"Nice hotel just off the beaten path"
Stayed a week for business. Room was clean, and though the building and fixtures are getting old, they are well maintained. The free breakfast was much better than most, eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, etc. Across the street is a great coffee stop called Hannah Coffee and just down the block is a Whole Foods with an attached brew pub for quick eats. Walking distance to the Diridon Station and the SAP center makes getting around easy even if you don't have a car.
7 night business trip Jun 29, 2015
"Good for one night."
This hotel was good for a one-night stay. This hotel is a neat older hotel that was probably among the best in its day. It's very well-kept & clean, but the beds are not comfortable. It was fine for one night, but I wouldn't stay longer until they get new mattresses. The neighborhood is a neat area.
1 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
Angela
"Clean with good staff, in up and coming area"
The arena is an up and coming area right next to a Whole Foods, great sushi restaurant and quiant coffee shop. It is in good shape but the furnishings are all about 20 - 30 years old. The staff is great.
3 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
"Good Place to stay in San Jose"
Stayed in San Jose 2 days to see the Grateful Dead in Santa Clara. Hotel was a little worn but it is an ideal location and the staff is great. It was quiet and relaxing. Plenty of on-site parking at the hotel, even though it was fully booked. Close to downtown. I would definitely stay there again.
2 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
"Dead Fan loves this place!"
We have stayed here several times now. We chose this hotel because we have always had great service, decent hotel breakfast, and it is close to public transit so we can leave our car parked when we come to the San Jose area! We went to Levi stadium from her via Light Rail and the service was wonderful to and from the event.
2 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2015
Melinda
"I love this place!"
I love this hotel! It's totally charming AND right next to a Whole Foods!
2 night business trip Jun 19, 2015
fabian
"Great location for concert"
Great place to stay to attend a concert at SAP. Very walkable so no traffic or waiting in line to park or exit parking. Would stay again for convince.
1 night romance trip May 12, 2015
"Comfy Surprise in Downtown San Jose"
A decent priced hotel with kitchenettes. Our suite was spacious, clean and comfortable, and close to the arena.
2 night business trip Jun 19, 2015
"Location, Price, Location"
Great alternative to the high-priced hotels in DT SJC. Nice morning walk to the Fairmont. It's a no frills hotel, but staff is friendly and room was very clean.
2 night business trip Jun 15, 2015
Douglas
"Noisy stay"
Could not sleep at night from noise coming into room from floor above. The floor above is poorly built, sounds like people were stomping around. It was just guests walking in upstairs corridors.
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
"No sound proofing."
Rented two rooms for two nights. The noise from people walking on the floor above was so loud could not sleep. At first I thought people were exercising in room above me. We called the front desk at 11:40 am to no avail. When I told the front desk at checking out they refused to credit my bill one cent. As I was talking to the front desk worker, I heard loud footsteps from the floor above. Very poor floor construction sound echoes through building and into your room.
1 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
"Near the Mystery House"
Hotel was OK, but very noisy. You could hear every footstep from the room above. Location was fantastic.
1 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
"SAP Center Convenience"
Good hotel location when attending a concert or event at the SAP Center. Staff was attentive but they only had one housekeeper cleaning rooms so we had to wait over an hour past checkin time to get into our room.
1 night romance trip May 26, 2015
Dawn
"Disappointed."
I was very dissatisfied with this hotel and I rarely say that. The hotel room had a broken knob off the jacuzzi tub and stains on the curtains. The customer service was horrible and I didn't even get to stay in the hotel room that I paid for. So upsetting.
1 night family trip May 31, 2015
Paris
"San Jose visit"
This was a last minutes reservation. And was surprised but the comfort and space in the hotel. Having a free full breakfast and free parking was also AWESOME. would stay here again.
1 night business trip May 28, 2015
"Close to the Arena"
The staff was very professional and nice. The check-in procedure was fast and easy. We like staying at the Arena Hotel because it was within walking distance to the Arena. We didn't have to drive and park our car again. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. Love their breakfast buffet...delicious scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, pancakes, fruit salad, and coffee. They also offer French toast, cereal, oatmeal, toast, muffins, and juice. We also like the free parking and WiFi.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Ann
"Second stay"
This was the second time we choose to stay at Arena Hotel. Reason being, it is very clean, good breakfast included with great coffee! Quiet, except for the vacuum cleaning they choose to do around 8 pm both times! Big room with big and comfortable bed. Nice big bath tub with whirl pool.Fridge and microwave, menu for take out dinner and a little eating area makes it all well worth the $. Great location if you have to be close to airport or downtown.
1 night romance trip May 27, 2015
Barbro
"Good near SJSU"
Good hotel in a nice neighborhood, we went for our sons orientation in San Jose State University which is only 2 miles away. Everything good except the pillows and mattress which seems to be pretty old. The breakfast is very good.
1 night family trip May 28, 2015
Shahid
"Worked out great"
This worked our great for our trip to Fanime. Hotel is a bit tired but the rooms are spacious and clean even if they are run down. The neighborhood was great with Whole Foods, CVS and a great little coffee shop all near by. The drive to the convention center was short and easy. Hotel parking is free. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I'd stay here again.
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
Kimberly
"vacuuming of hall carpet needs to be done"
Room clean, hall carpet was in desperate need of vacuuming when we checked in at 4pm.
1 night romance trip May 26, 2015
Jeffrey
"close to SAP Center"
Hotel was within walking distance to SAP Center for concert. Was not as clean as I had expected. When we arrived and checked in went to our rooms, they were not ready, had to wait for maid to finish cleaning.
Other trip May 29, 2015
Judith
"Amazing hotel"
Staying at the arena hotel was a nice change of pace from any traditional hotel. It is right near CVS and Whole Foods in case you're in need of any food or items.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Sean
"Arena Hotel was alright"
The hotel was not to bad, the only things my friends and I hated was the beds. The bed was not comfy and the pillows were also overly stuffed. But besides that it was not to bad, just a 20 minute walk to the convention center. Overall it was a good stay
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Would stay again."
A charming hotel, overall. Friendly staff, clean room, very walkable distance from wholefoods and restaurants. The water temperature for the shower was a little difficult to adjust and the light above our bed didn't work, but it wasn't a big deal. Only complaint was I attended breakfast 40 minutes before they're supposed to close and pretty much all the hot food was gone.
1 night trip with friends May 23, 2015
Jasmine
"Close to the SAP Arena"
We were into town for a concert and this hotel was in the perfect location. Missing Creek Brewing Co. is on the way to the SAP arena, and downtown San Jose is a good walk past it. The room was comfortable and quiet, and the free breakfast buffet was decent and filling.
Other trip May 25, 2015
Laurie
"Great place to stay!"
we liked this hotel. Priced right, room was spacious..Close to downtown...Only neggative thing we have to say is the internet connection was very slow.
Other trip May 23, 2015
Jane
"Great location!"
Stayed here for a concert, at SAP arena, great location. You can walk to dinner before the show, have a beer at the Whole Food brewery, and walk to the arena. Will def go back.
Other trip May 22, 2015
"Arena near SAP"
Nice, clean affordable, very close to SAP arena...we plan on staying there again
Other trip May 21, 2015
"5 stars!!!"
Our stay was very comfortable! I absolutely loved the ambiance and even showed my room to my daughters. Can't wait to revisit San Jose and book another stay with The Arena!!!
1 night trip May 15, 2015
james
"clean and decent breakfast."
Very clean. Breakfast had a great selection of juices, good eggs, tea and coffees. French toast did not taste good and fruit was canned but went well with the cottage cheese. Coffee but no tea in the room. Big jacuzzi bathtubs. No fitness center. Very friendly staff.
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
Lydia
"Run down hotel in an accessible SAP Arena location"
This location is very convenient to the SAP Center Easy walking distance. The downside is that the hotel is old, tired and in need of a major remodel. Limited parking area.
Other trip May 20, 2015
Ali
"arena hotel"
staff was very nice and service oriented. The breakfast was good with variety. They do not have airport shuttle service.
1 night romance trip May 14, 2015
"Don't Let the Pictures fool you"
Don't let the pictures fool you. It seems they only have a handful of nice rooms like the pictures they show. The room I got was old, ugly, felt dirty and not that great.
1 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
"Excellent!"
I honestly don't know what there is to complain about with this hotel. There is ALWAYS staff available, they definitely respect your wishes, and they have a great breakfast selection and everything is included in every room, for an amazing price. Refrigerator, freezer, jacuzzi tubs, microwave, coffee maker, blow dryer, TV., sofa. Seriously, what is there to complain about? yeah, might need a little updating, but I think it gives the place character. Thanks for the great service Arena! I definitely would book again for my next stay in California.
Other trip May 19, 2015
Kiersten
"a pleasent stay at Arena Hotel"
An older hotel but was a clean, safe and welcoming. The Jacuzzi in the room was a nice surprise. Just outside downtown but close to coffee shops, restaurants, and drug store. It also had a little kitchenette. If I am in San Jose again (very likely) I will stay there again.
1 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
Claudia
"San Jose Gateway"
We just spent a night and It was a good place for the price.
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Homey Arena Hotel"
Wonderful and clean old homey hotel. Nice part of town and a nice 10 minute walk to the SAP Arena.
1 night romance trip May 12, 2015