All hotels in San Jose, California, United States of America
817 The Alameda, San Jose, CA, 95126, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good Place to stay in San Jose"
Stayed in San Jose 2 days to see the Grateful Dead in Santa Clara. Hotel was a little worn but it is an ideal location and the staff is great. It was quiet and relaxing. Plenty of on-site parking at the hotel, even though it was fully booked. Close to downtown. I would definitely stay there again.
2 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
"Dead Fan loves this place!"
We have stayed here several times now. We chose this hotel because we have always had great service, decent hotel breakfast, and it is close to public transit so we can leave our car parked when we come to the San Jose area! We went to Levi stadium from her via Light Rail and the service was wonderful to and from the event.
2 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2015
Melinda
"I love this place!"
I love this hotel! It's totally charming AND right next to a Whole Foods!
2 night business trip Jun 19, 2015
fabian
"Great location for concert"
Great place to stay to attend a concert at SAP. Very walkable so no traffic or waiting in line to park or exit parking. Would stay again for convince.
1 night romance trip May 12, 2015
"Comfy Surprise in Downtown San Jose"
A decent priced hotel with kitchenettes. Our suite was spacious, clean and comfortable, and close to the arena.
2 night business trip Jun 19, 2015
"Location, Price, Location"
Great alternative to the high-priced hotels in DT SJC. Nice morning walk to the Fairmont. It's a no frills hotel, but staff is friendly and room was very clean.
2 night business trip Jun 15, 2015
Douglas
"Noisy stay"
Could not sleep at night from noise coming into room from floor above. The floor above is poorly built, sounds like people were stomping around. It was just guests walking in upstairs corridors.
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
"No sound proofing."
Rented two rooms for two nights. The noise from people walking on the floor above was so loud could not sleep. At first I thought people were exercising in room above me. We called the front desk at 11:40 am to no avail. When I told the front desk at checking out they refused to credit my bill one cent. As I was talking to the front desk worker, I heard loud footsteps from the floor above. Very poor floor construction sound echoes through building and into your room.
1 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
"Near the Mystery House"
Hotel was OK, but very noisy. You could hear every footstep from the room above. Location was fantastic.
1 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
"SAP Center Convenience"
Good hotel location when attending a concert or event at the SAP Center. Staff was attentive but they only had one housekeeper cleaning rooms so we had to wait over an hour past checkin time to get into our room.
1 night romance trip May 26, 2015
Dawn
"Disappointed."
I was very dissatisfied with this hotel and I rarely say that. The hotel room had a broken knob off the jacuzzi tub and stains on the curtains. The customer service was horrible and I didn't even get to stay in the hotel room that I paid for. So upsetting.
1 night family trip May 31, 2015
Paris
"San Jose visit"
This was a last minutes reservation. And was surprised but the comfort and space in the hotel. Having a free full breakfast and free parking was also AWESOME. would stay here again.
1 night business trip May 28, 2015
"Second stay"
This was the second time we choose to stay at Arena Hotel. Reason being, it is very clean, good breakfast included with great coffee! Quiet, except for the vacuum cleaning they choose to do around 8 pm both times! Big room with big and comfortable bed. Nice big bath tub with whirl pool.Fridge and microwave, menu for take out dinner and a little eating area makes it all well worth the $. Great location if you have to be close to airport or downtown.
1 night romance trip May 27, 2015
Barbro
"Good near SJSU"
Good hotel in a nice neighborhood, we went for our sons orientation in San Jose State University which is only 2 miles away. Everything good except the pillows and mattress which seems to be pretty old. The breakfast is very good.
1 night family trip May 28, 2015
Shahid
"Worked out great"
This worked our great for our trip to Fanime. Hotel is a bit tired but the rooms are spacious and clean even if they are run down. The neighborhood was great with Whole Foods, CVS and a great little coffee shop all near by. The drive to the convention center was short and easy. Hotel parking is free. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I'd stay here again.
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
Kimberly
"vacuuming of hall carpet needs to be done"
Room clean, hall carpet was in desperate need of vacuuming when we checked in at 4pm.
1 night romance trip May 26, 2015
Jeffrey
"Would stay again."
A charming hotel, overall. Friendly staff, clean room, very walkable distance from wholefoods and restaurants. The water temperature for the shower was a little difficult to adjust and the light above our bed didn't work, but it wasn't a big deal. Only complaint was I attended breakfast 40 minutes before they're supposed to close and pretty much all the hot food was gone.
1 night trip with friends May 23, 2015
Jasmine
"5 stars!!!"
Our stay was very comfortable! I absolutely loved the ambiance and even showed my room to my daughters. Can't wait to revisit San Jose and book another stay with The Arena!!!
1 night trip May 15, 2015
james
"clean and decent breakfast."
Very clean. Breakfast had a great selection of juices, good eggs, tea and coffees. French toast did not taste good and fruit was canned but went well with the cottage cheese. Coffee but no tea in the room. Big jacuzzi bathtubs. No fitness center. Very friendly staff.
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
Lydia
"arena hotel"
staff was very nice and service oriented. The breakfast was good with variety. They do not have airport shuttle service.
1 night romance trip May 14, 2015
"Don't Let the Pictures fool you"
Don't let the pictures fool you. It seems they only have a handful of nice rooms like the pictures they show. The room I got was old, ugly, felt dirty and not that great.
1 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
"a pleasent stay at Arena Hotel"
An older hotel but was a clean, safe and welcoming. The Jacuzzi in the room was a nice surprise. Just outside downtown but close to coffee shops, restaurants, and drug store. It also had a little kitchenette. If I am in San Jose again (very likely) I will stay there again.
1 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
Claudia
"San Jose Gateway"
We just spent a night and It was a good place for the price.
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Homey Arena Hotel"
Wonderful and clean old homey hotel. Nice part of town and a nice 10 minute walk to the SAP Arena.
Gloria
"Concert"
If you are going to an event at the SAP Center and don't wish to drive home after, this is the place. While it is not a 5 star it is more than adequate. Whole Foods, Sushi Restaurant, and coffee house close by and a short walk to the SAP Center.
Donald
"Good location!"
Good location for SAP events. Good walking area. Hotel could use a little spiffing up, staff was pleasant. Would stay there again.
sheila
"On average"
Location was great. That's why we chose your hotel. Breakfast was not good. When we went to the lounge for breakfast at 8:30am, there was limited food to be able to eat. So we gave it up. we couldn't eat breakfast there.
1 night business trip May 11, 2015
"My stay in San Jose, California"
Pleasant! Clean. Friendly. Close enough to downtown without the city noises. Cheerful, absolutely great stay.
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
Hotel is well maintained on the outside. Inside is the opposite. Website pictures are very deceiving. Whole interior of this hotel needs paint and replacement of furniture, rugs and bathroom fixtures. This is a two star hotel. One staff member was helpful at the front desk. The others were disengaged. Bright point of this place was the room cleaning staff and the breakfast staff.
3 night business trip May 4, 2015
"Affordable and Close to SAP"
I stayed here for one night to see a concert at the SAP Center. Walking distance and extremely close. Seems like the area is up and coming, Whole Foods and a couple restraints peppered in there. The proximity to SAP and the price were great. Looks like they are doing a slow remodel. Our room was very clean and updated. The lobby was not updated. Staff was helpful; check-in took less than 5 minutes. I'd stay here again.
1 night trip with friends May 8, 2015
Victoria
"Great value, clean, free parking... walk to SAP"
Stayed here with a friend for a concert at the SAP Center. Parked for free, in their private lot. We walked to the concert, and back. If you walk out of the concert with the rest of the crowd, that walk is safe. I might take a pedi-cab otherwise, it's literally less than a 5 minute walk. Can't beat the price. I checked the other reviews, but I found our room to be clean and comfortable. I would've given it fives across the board except that there were only sheets on the bed, no comforter or warmer blanket. Check-in was the most effortless experience I've had (I have a hard to spell last name). I'd definitely stay here again.
1 night trip with friends May 8, 2015
JACLYN
"Old, but clean, comfortable with top notch service"
I was looking for a lower cost hotel for my San Jose trip. The Arena represents faded elegance, but it was clean, quiet and comfortable. I asked the desk clerk to print my boarding passes. She had a lot of trouble, but later called my room to tell me she had gotten them done. I consider it good service. The free breakfast was also very good. Sausage or bacon with eggs and potatoes. I would stay here again.
5 night business trip May 4, 2015
Marvin
"eh, it was just okay"
The room had some slight damage to it. The apron around the bathtub was falling in. Some of the lamps did not work. There was some paint chipping. There was one thin blanket on the bed so I slept in layers of clothes. The breakfast in the morning was good though and the wifi was fast.
2 night business trip Apr 9, 2015
Raymond
"great hotel"
we went with my daughter she had a concert at SAP center super convenient walking distance a it had a awesome whole foods right next door with a brewery and good to eat would stay there definitly again
1 night family trip Apr 12, 2015
Loriann
"Comfort, close to the airport"
I just needed a place to stay for one night near the San Jose airport. This was perfect. Right next to a Whole Foods store and lots of restaurants along the street. The Arena Hotel served a full breakfast with bacon and eggs, pancakes, bagels, pastries, yogurt, fruit... whatever you prefer. The hotel is old style with chandeliers and rambling hallways. My room had a jacuzzi. The room furnishings were not luxurious but adequate. I would stay here again.
1 night trip Apr 30, 2015
"Not a pleasant stay"
Not Worth it. Out dated
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
Jacqueline
"Seen better Days"
This hotel has seen better days. We thought we'd stay off the chain hotels for this night in san jose... Although the staff was friendly and helpful... We will not return. Room was dark, one smaller window. Had to call to get an alarm clock, jet tub had large bottom trim piece loose, carpets in halls threadbare. There was a ( we think) a child jumping off the bed above us or to one side room above and it was very annoying. Went on for all evening- Called the desk twice but they were not able to fix. They offered to move us but we were already settled. Sign me disappointed..
1 night romance trip Apr 30, 2015
david
"Worth what you pay."
Hotel staff are very helpful and considerate. Hallway carpet and bathrooms need refreshing and beds were very soft, however it was good value for money.
1 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
Sam
"First stay!"
Hotel hallway carpets need upgrading. Breakfast is continental. Room is big.
2 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
"Weird."
Weird. The carpet was really sketchy. I kept my socks on. Strange set up with shower. Only thing that was a relief was some of the clientele was business types. Just weird.
2 night family trip Apr 21, 2015
"Barry Bunch"
We were there for the Barry Manilow concert. The location is great, the breakfast they put out is great. The cleanliness of the main lobby, community bathroom and main dining room were great. This hotel reminds me of the hotels in New York. The lobby is grand and impressive, and then there are the rooms . . . old carpet, old bathrooms and lumpy beds. I realize it takes a lot of money to redecorate but the beds need updating badly.
1 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2015
Lori
"Arena"
Location is excellent. Hotel is older and needs to be freshened, but I would stay here again. If available, I would have given it an overall score of 3.5.
1 night romance trip Apr 7, 2015
Garry
"Hockey girls"
We went for hockey game so location was amazing. Hotel needs up dating for sure. Fridge was way too loud. Tub was big enough for a boy dance party though.
1 night family trip Apr 1, 2015
Cheryl
"I will definitely stay here again, but..."
Everything about this hotel was good. It had its own parking lot, the check in guy was nice, the actual room was more than I expected, and it was literally a few minutes walk from the SAP center. There is only one thing I can complain about... NOISE. We stayed closer to the main street, on the 3rd floor, with our window looking at the CVS. Throughout the night there were skateboarders, busses, and just noisy passerbys. Then at 4am, CVS got a huge delivery that took about 45 minutes to unload, and it was so loud the entire time. All in all, I totally recommend this hotel. I will definitely stay here again. I now know to just ask for a room a little further away from everything.
1 night trip with friends Mar 31, 2015
"convenient to downtown/airport, beds very worn"
The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was ready upon check-in. When we got to our room (at 5pm), the staff had just finished cleaning and we literally had to weave through laundry and trash recepticles to open our door. There was old food and milk outside our door waiting to be thrown away. Once inside, though, the room was quite clean. The beds were very worn out and uncomfortable, causing me to sink to the middle of the bed throughout the night. There wasn't a matress pad on the beds, only a sheet. Overall, it did the job. We left at 4am for a flight and the airport was less than 10 minutes away which was very convenient. It was also about a mile walk to san pedro square where we had dinner the night before.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Hanna
"Great location, some rooms need updated."
Close to SAP Center and the Caltrain, within walking distance. Free breakfast and wi-fi. We stayed here two different times. The rooms on the first floor were more comfortable and looked to be recently updated. The rooms on the third floor need some updating.
1 night romance trip Mar 30, 2015
"Nice hotel close to SAP Center"
Just 2 blocks from SAP Center.Spacious,clean room and free breakfast.The staff was courteous and very accomodating.I recommend staying here when you are in town for an event.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
"Perfect place to stay for a SAP Arena Event"
The hotel was even closer to the Arena than it looked. Older, nothing fancy but was clean, has a free breakfast that was better than most. Each room has a jacuzzi, which is why I stayed overnight, mine was not working, but they moved me to another room right away even though the hotel was basically booked. Staff did not impress and house cleaning carts were in the hallways even in the late afternoon. Parking is free which was a plus. I will stay again for the next event instead of driving home two hours.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
"Convenient to SAP Center"
Slept here after a concert at the SAP Center. The neighborhood was nice and it was a fast two blocks to the concert. Also. Dry safe on the walk back. Majors plus was having WholeFoods a block away. Check in/out was super fast and easy. Rooms are a bit worn and outdated, but very clean. Free parking so we saved the $30 SAP lot charge. All in all, we made the right choice staying here and thought it was very convenient.
1 night romance trip Mar 26, 2015
"Decent bargain for the location."
Good shower, windows open (but lots of street noise). Not bad overall, with plenty of usable space (and power outlets) in the room. Slow wireless :/
6 night business trip Mar 22, 2015