All hotels in Keene, New Hampshire, United States of America
401 Winchester St, Keene, NH, 03431, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

"not as clean as I'd like to see"
I have dust allergies and 1st thing I noticed was the heat/AC unit front was COVERED in dust bunnies! gross!! also there were white stains on carpet outside of bathroom door that seemed not normal. the sofa was like sitting on a rock. Bed was comfy however.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
cindyloohoo71
Great stay, will definitely be back!!
1 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
claude
Had a wonderful stay. Going back to visit family again this summer and we are stay here again!
1 night romance trip Apr 4, 2015
Jodi
Not bad overall. Staff was very helpful. I'm just not very fond of the chain hotel experience.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Pool Heaven!"
What made this one of my favorite places was the warmth of the pool. I love to swim and always look for a place with a pool, but most are too cold and too chlorinated. This was perfect, warm enough to really want to get in, and chlorinated just right... I hope they never stop what they are doing,, it has a resort feel... Loved it....As for the room, fine large and clean, everything worked, nothing smelled. Staff were friendly, paid attention, and helpful. Breakfast actually had real eggs... nice touch!
1 night trip with friends Mar 24, 2015
patricia
"Nice people, too smokey, bad plumbing"
I requested a non-smoking room, stating I was allergic to smoke and needed to be far from any. While my room had a no smoking label on it, smokers would go in the hallway, stand in an open door and smoke. It got so bad I had to put towels around my door to keep the smoke out. In the morning when I got ready to take a shower, the tub had standing water in it and dirt grit from the room above mine (so they say) had clogged the drain. Having said that, the employees were friendly and let me go in another room to shower. On a side note, their restaurant/pub is fun and good live music.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
Traveler
"Theater werkend"
Stayed Fri and Sat nights as we had tickets to a show at the Colonial Theater Sat night. Check in on Fri was quick and easy. Hotel staff was very pleasant. Our room was very clean and newly decorated. It had a refrigerator and microwave which was handy. Have stayed here many times before but we were pleasantly surprised to see the hotel had been redecorated and upgraded. The lobby and breakfast area were totally redesigned and look beautiful.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Deb
Recent changes have given it a better appearance. Staff was great
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
"Clean, quiet, affordable hotel"
The trip was for business. A one night stay on a weekday. Clean, quiet, and affordable. No complaints.
1 night business trip Feb 19, 2015
"MEDIOCRITY... not so bad but also not so good"
AVERAGE... really describes this hotel. Certainly adequate but nothing special. Shower was nice and hot but shower handle was broken. Breakfast was good. Room was clean but a slight odor. Also, kept stubbing foot on loose screw entering bathroom. Overall, it was fine but really not very impressive.
2 night business trip Feb 13, 2015
Joshua
"Highly recommended"
clean and comfortable, redone over the last year or so, pleasant front desk and great breakfast.. no complaints!
1 night family trip Jan 18, 2015
"Nice stay, quiet"
It was nice, all you need to get Away for a couple days
2 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
"Great stat"
Room was very clean, bathroom was a good size. Breakfast was surprisingly good. We needed. Nice place to stay that was in our budget and this was perfect. There's a cute Irish pub attached which was nice.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
We went to celebrate our anniversary and had a very relaxing and enjoyable time.
2 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
"Close to family"
We stay here because its a nice placw n close to family. Also close to shopping n restaurants n the pub is great good food n atmosphere. The hotel breakfast offers a wide variety n is pretty good. Overall happy just wish the doors could be quieter. Its worth the stay
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
kim
"Comfortable room, convenient location"
Room was nice and comfortable, free breakfast is excellent (eggs, bacon, waffles, cereal, etc). The best is the location, close to downtown and also to stores, restaurants and highways.
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
"Our go-to place"
We stay here when visiting family in Keene. Not luxurious, but more than adequate, with reasonable rates and an ok bar-restaurant attached. They have recently been doing several months of renovation, which has spruced the place up a bit.
3 night romance trip Dec 22, 2014
"Would recommend"
Very friendly hotel staff, great choices for breakfast, hot coffee 24/7. Great heated pool, comfortable room. Very positive experience.
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
"could be better"
the hotel was starting to look shabby . wanted to watch football in their sports grill furniture was unconfutable and the bartender could not find the game till the first 15 minuets . the maintenance man did give my car a jump I left the lights on . I paid $15 for extra bed that I did not get
1 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
ROBERT R.
"Nice n convenient"
This hotel is nice our only complaint is there were guess that were very loud n bouncing from room to room n knocking on other doors til my husband spoke to them. But hotel n restaurant were great.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
kim
"good but noisy guests!"
the room was very comfortable and clean. The only bad thing was that there was a lot of noise all night long in the hallway.
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
"was great!"
we had a wonderful time, the room and everything was great, the weather was a nightmare but we did ok. wish we knew what time breakfast was we almost miss it.
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
rachel
"Thanksgiving"
It was on a holiday and the bar was not open and the pool had 40 kids in it so i could not use it.
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
Debra
"Convenient to where I needed to be"
I was there for a meeting. The staff was friendly, and the locatin of the hotel was near where my meeting was. Ate in Waxy's- food and service was great
"it was all ok!"
Just came for an evening at Waxy's with friends.
cindyloohoo71
"Nice birthday getaway"
My friend and I had a winderful time at your hotel. Even though we were only there for one night we were treated so kindly. The receptionist at the front desk was friendly and helpful, even allowing us to check out an hour later. I appreciated that very much.
1 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
Room was not clean at all, very disappointing. The hotel is nice itself, but the room needed a much better cleaning.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Keene"
Got on extremely late .3 am .. Very noisy from 7am on. Showers/ flushing toilets and hallway trafic Room was okay but hallway had odor ( cigarettes maybe).
1 night business trip Oct 24, 2014
"I like it."
Super quiet room, very clean, everything I want in a hotel!
1 night trip Oct 27, 2014
"Always count on Best Western"
Even though the hotel was undergoing renovations, it was clean and the staff courteous. The breakfast was very good. The only thing I think was an overlook was no towels in the pool area. We noticed it when checking it out so brought our room towels.
1 night trip Oct 13, 2014
JanE
"Good experience."
Not a luxury place but very comfortable. Overall i enjoyed my stay. And loved the indoor pool...
2 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Neda
"visiting"
Good place to stay, no issues. rooms clean. Not a bad value
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
"Affordable accommodations on Keene outskirts"
Had a pleasant stay in a comfortable room and great shower. Room included coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator. Small bathroom----door wouldn't open fully (hit against the toilet). TV remote control was not very responsive in changing channels.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
JasperDog
"Keene Best Western"
We went home (at the height of the foliage season when there were limited rooms available and prices were higher) for a funeral. We arrived in a downpour (which was not the hotel's fault) but found we had no elevator access to our second floor room and no one offered us assistance. Our refrigerator did not work; nor did the replacement. We were given a discount for our inconveniece which we found the hotel could not actually give us because we had prepaid and any discount would have to go through Expedia. We have yet to hear from Expedia. The breakfasts were very good.
3 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
"Nice hotel in a lovely town"
We thoroughly enjoyed our three night stay here last week. The room was nice and clean and the complimentary full breakfast was fantastic each morning. We hadn't been to Keene before but it's a lovely town and we were lucky to be there at the peak leaf peeping time. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
Jeanie
"Nice surprise"
We travel with our dog and have experienced a number of hotels that you wouldn't consider except that they were pet friendly. I would stay here even without our dog. The room was spacious, clean and the beds were exceptionally comfortable.
1 night trip Sep 8, 2014
Carole
"Not many choices in Keene"
It was average. Remodeling going on, should improve the location of free breakfast when complete.
2 night family trip Aug 22, 2014
Bill D
"Vacation hotel"
The room had an odor that we all did not like . We were told that there is a couch or sofa in the room . It was not there . A cot was provided instead . The balcony was so small . It was almost non existent . Thev hotel was quite far away from all the sites or attractions we went to see or do . We figured that maybe because it is going to be a nice room , that will not matter to us . However it was not a nice room .
5 night family trip Aug 17, 2014
Asher Appleman
the exterior of the inner courtyard is in need of repair with flaking concrete and loose wires the ac did not work, but was not noticed til late...prompt service to change out the unit. the bill was initiated to be split between two people, but was not done and need to be redone at checkout
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
The hotel is in the middle of renovation. We refused 2 rooms on first arrival. The room we ended in it turned out people were working outside the window during the day. It wasn't quiet working... Not a good time.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Kyle
"overnight near family camp"
Despite being in the middle of renovations, hotel clean, bed comfy and staff friendly. Was initially unsure about a Best Western, but my mind has changed, would definitely stay here again.
2 night family trip Aug 4, 2014
"Hotel under construction."
We were very disappointed since we had stayed at this hotel many times over the last ten years. There was no information on the site to indicate that the hotel was under construction. We had to endure dust and glue odors throughout. At one point, they had removed and boarded up the door by our room and started tearing up the carpet between the lobby and our room. My wife was trapped in the room and I was trapped in the lobby. The management said I would probably be able to return to my room in a little while. We found a razor blade from one of the carpet installers' knives on the floor. We picked it up and took it to the front desk. We were told a customer must have dropped it. I explained that I was familiar with carpet installation and that I observed the installers working with this type of blade.There was no empathy from the staff, and we felt the attitude was that if we were unhappy, we should go someplace else.
3 night trip with friends Aug 6, 2014
"Enjoyed our stay."
Enjoyed our stay. Service desk were very helpful. Would stay there again if in the area.
2 night romance trip Aug 5, 2014
Debbie
Friendly staff and room was comfortable and very clean.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"It was my third time there - excellent as always."
I was nicely surprised with all the renovation work that they do to raise the standard. In terms of the staff, it's always great.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
Sebastian
Facility still in mid-renovation. Floors of room had not been cleaned well; there were patches of dirty and some construction glue residue.
1 night trip Jul 29, 2014
"Comfortable, Great Location"
I had the privilege to attend a conference at Keene. Finding the Best Western was a coup. Reasonably priced, great location. It made the conference more enjoyable knowing there was a comfortable bed waiting at the end of a great, but tiring day.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
"Good place, good price"
A good room, but going through updating in many of the areas.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
ChrisH
It was hard to give a total review because they are in the process of renovating public rooms.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
"Good Stay"
This hotel is not the best, but hopefully when the renovations it will better. The checkin was seamless. However, it would have been helpful if we were told about the pool and fitness center. We discovered theses amenities after checking out. Also, the employees should great guest with a smile. They are the face of the hotel! The room? It was nice, clean and spacious. Only the refrigerator did not work. When reported to the office, we were asked if it was plugged in (that was first thing we checked)? Then we were asked to turn the thermostat up which we would have been happy to so, if we could have found the thing. Finally, did not appear that HBO was free, but breakfast was good. Fortunately this was a one night stay. In spite of the items mentioned, if in the area we would consider stay here.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014