All hotels in Lisbon, Portugal

4.8
    4.8
    4.9
"Living in a Palace"
We were treated like royality by the staff. We were upgraded to an exquisitely furnished junior suite. As we were unpacking a chambermaid arrived with a bowl of fresh grapes and on our last evening she reappeared with a small bottle of Port and a personal note from the manager. The bartender was right out of central casting--courteous and knowledgeable. He made reservations for us at a Fado club that was first rate and not the tourist dive we feared it might be. When we asked the concierge to reserve a taxi to take us to the airport at 6:00am, he insisted on sending breakfast to our room at 5:30. I thought this kind of service was only available at hotels that cost two or three times as much. Had we known, we would have planned to stay in Lisbon longer!
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
Dianne
"Beautiful hotel in center of Lisbon"
I enjoyed every minute of my ten-night stay at this luxury hotel in the heart of Lisbon. My beautiful room, free Wifi, gracious staff, copious and delicious buffet breakfasts, and evening piano concerts in the elegant ballroom made my residence at the the Avenida Palace Hotel a memorable one.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
Gene
"Great hotel in the heart of Lisbon."
Perfrect hotel if you want to stay central and enjoy the old-town in Lisbon. Tons of places to walk from there. Very enjoyable.
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
"A wonderful hotel in the heart of the action."
This is a beautiful old hotel with many updates while keeping its old character. From check in to check out, everything was top notch. The staff was very helpful when asked, and the breakfast, which was included, left me full until dinner.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"The Hotel's Instagram and website got my attention"
I was looking for an hotel in Lisbon. I searched through TripAdvisor and saw that this hotel is on the top 5 on the ranking. I checked out its website and the pictures and films that I saw were really my type. No doubt that better than words, pictures do discribe the gem this hotel is. I entered its Instagram through the website and the pictures are just stunning and very classy.
Other trip Jul 24, 2013
Very enjoyable. Would stay again.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2013
K Willins
"Great location with an elegance of 20th century"
A Grand Hotel in the old style. Big rooms, high ceilings, quiet, and elegant. Not a hip edgy place to stay but exudes old world charm.
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
ADP
"Old world hotel charm with old clientele"
This is a very nice hotel and the location cannot be beat. However the average age of the Clientele is 80. The Hotel is geared for this age, which is completely fine but one booking here should know that in advance. Service was great and rooms were very nice. The breakfast was just so-so, do not really get all the praises in prior posts. It had cold cuts and marmalades and basic hot eggs and beans. Most 5 star hotel breakbest buffets are far superior to this one.
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
"Great location."
My husband and I stayed at Avenida Palace Hotel 6 years ago, so it was a logical choice for my daughter and I to stay here. The hotel is very comfortable. The breakfast, the service and the location are all very good. We had a deluxe room which was large and comfortable. The location is very central and within easy walking distance to many sites.
Other trip Jun 1, 2013
"best in lisbon"
It's just a little more than other hotels...but it's money well spent. Location is perfect. Right next to Rossio train station and really great seafood restaurants. We were upgraded to a suite that was truly grand. The hotel personnel were helpful and kind. The concierge desk was manned by very knowledgeable employees. We got great recommendations for dinner and good directions. The breakfast room was beautiful and food plentiful and very good. BRAVO!!
3 night family trip May 18, 2013
DONNA T.
"Great hotel close to everything."
Quiet hotel right in the middle of old Lisbon. Great breakfast included.
Other trip May 31, 2013
Sergey
"Excellent Vintage Hotel in the Heart of Lisbon"
Having booked a Superior Double room through Expedia, we were pleasantly surprised when the Hotel, on its own initiative, upgraded us to a junior suite on the top floor. The Hotel location is superb! It is located between the Restaurados and Rossio stops on the Airport bus, which proved to be a convenient and inexpensive way to travel to the Hotel from the Airport. The area around the Hotel bustles with activity, but the rooms themselves are marvelously sound-proofed. The Hotel has beautifully appointed common rooms on the main and first levels, and a bright, appealing dining room where a superb buffet breakfast is served. Our room rate included the breakfast and free internet, which worked flawlessly. The Hotel staff was friendly and helped us map an enjoyable walking tour of the nearby Chiado district. The only downside of our 1-night visit was the bed. We found it to be uncomfortably firm, but that may suit other travelers. This is a first class hotel, and we would happily stay here again on future visits to Lisbon.
Other trip May 22, 2013
TJD
"Avenida Palace a 5 star plus"
From the moment we stepped into this beautiful palace, we were treated royally. This was our last night in Lisbon after touring Portugal for two weeks. We wanted to stay in the Avenida Palace longer than one night. Having stayed in Avenida Palace in Barcelona this one in Lisbon exceeded our expectations.
1 night trip with friends May 15, 2013
"Beautiful Hotel"
Very nice hotel with a very central location. Bed was a little hard, but size of room was generous compared to European standards. Old world hotel with old world charm.
Other trip May 10, 2013
Sabina
"Perfect place for Lisbon vacation"
The hotel is in a perfect location, reasonable walk to many of the places a visitor would want to see, as well as train stations, Metro, ferry, and streetcar. The building itself is spectacular, elegant, old world charm, but run with extreme efficiency and competence. The breakfast was wonderful, both food and the setting in which it was served. The rooms are charming and the double windows keep out street noise effectively. The concierge staff were consistently informed, helpful, and spoke perfect English. It is hard to imagine a better choice for visiting Lisbon.
4 night romance trip Apr 27, 2013
"Elegant Historical Hotel"
When you set inside this hotel you feel like you've been transported back in time and I mean that in a very positive way! My husband and I were only in Lisbon for one night so we wanted to stay in an upscale, historical hotel. We were not disappointed! This is truly a beautiful, classic hotel! Our room was clean with comfortable beds. The only downside was the A/C wasn't as cold as we would have liked but honestly it may have been that we didn't adjust the thermostat correctly. The breakfast was held in a gorgeous ballroom which included a huge variety on delicious breakfast foods. A great stay, fit for a King and Queen!
Other trip Apr 30, 2013
Wonderful centrally located Grand Hotel with customer satisfaction paramount! We would stay there again.
Other trip Apr 18, 2013
"Beautiful converted palace with great staff"
The Avenida Palace is an AMAZING hotel. Beautiful, clean, convenient to everything in LIsbon. Gratious, helpful staff. I've stayed here twice and can't wait to go back again. Staying here is a real treat.
Other trip Mar 25, 2013
We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. Everyone spoke English and was extremely helpful. Breakfast was great. Seating area on our floor and lobby were comfortable. Nice plaza and train station right outside the doors. Would recommend this hotel.
3 night trip Mar 3, 2013
The PERFECT location for the center of Lisbon. Next to the central train station, 1 block walk to the underground and trams. This elegant, old-world style hotel deserves the 5-star rating if hotel ever did. The morning breakfast is fantastic. Great staff. Great lobby bar.
2 night trip Mar 5, 2013
Wonderful hotel. Great price. Nice breakfast buffet.
7 night trip Dec 24, 2012
"perfect location beautiful hotel"
a beautifully maintained hotel. the common areas are exquisite. the breakfast is plentiful and of a high quality. the train station is next door. the only drawback - my room had two twin beds which were very small for one person.
Other trip Feb 3, 2013
mark
"Excellent service and perfect locatiom."
Extremely pleasant and friendly staff . They are very helpful! Room and beds are comfortable and clean. Location is perfect. Good breakfirst. Free parking!!
Other trip Jan 28, 2013
Dawei
"Look no further, stay here."
It was perfect. We were there for a week. It was just magic. The exquisite lounge has piano music every night. The staff is helpful and unobtrusive. The bar is comfortable and relaxing. The breakfasts are lovely, the linens of very high quality, not a spec of dust in the place, excellent location, several top restaurants very near....just ask at the desk...they will point you in the right direction. Our jr suite had 2 marble bathrooms and the room was completely quiet at all times. All for a very reasonable price. The decor and public sitting rooms will impress you no matter who you are. This place is TOP NOTCH!
7 night romance trip Dec 24, 2012
"lUnbeatable Convenience and Maid Service"
The location of this charming old hotel is perfect for city dwellers, because it's centrally located at Rossio Square. It's easy to walk to restaurants, shops, and sightseeing, as well as public transportation for outlying areas you might want to visit. The service was friendly and helpful, and we've never had more attentive maid service. We booked a junior suite, which was roomy and lovely. The hotel gave us complimentary port in the bar, sparkling wine in our room for New Year's Eve, and had concerts or other events at no cost for guests every evening we were there.
6 night trip Dec 27, 2012
"Beautiful Hotel"
This is a beautiful 100 + year old beauty in the middle of everything. Great location, great staff and nice hotel. jet
Other trip Dec 19, 2012
"Good Hotel in a Great Location"
Stayed in the hotel mid December 2012. Location is superb, close to main attractions, such as the rail lift that takes you up to the Baira Alto region, and also close to that famous large elevator (sorry, I am not sure of the name). Though a bit dated, the rooms are comfortable, yet the mini fridge is not stocked with diet drinks other than water. At first, the reception assigned me to a room with a somewhat disappointing view, but the bell hop called the reception right then and a room with a better view was granted. The best thing about the hotel, in my opinion, is that they have what very few hotels around the world have...a very informative and helpful concierge staff. A quality that can make or break a trip experience. The main reason I did not rate a 5 for the hotel is because I know that there are people out there, such as myself, who avoid reading the 5-rating comments, to try to evaluate a hotel by its pros and cons, and just plain do not trust 5-rating comments too much. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.
Other trip Dec 14, 2012
World Traveller
"the grand Dame of Lisbon"
This hotel is the Grand dame of Lisbon. When I first went in the room was cold and after 45 minutes the situation had not improved, they offered to bring in a plug in heater and I refused. I was seriously thinking of going else where. Then they changed my room to one in the front of the Hotel facing Avenida Libertade. A world of difference, the room was very nice with extra space. It reminded me of the St Regis in NY is a smaller scale and perhaps not as good, but the feeling of Europe was definitely captured here. If I go back to Lisbon I will go back to this hotel. The lobby is magnificent and great oversize room, a pity that only one person smoking can screw up the moment.The location could not be better, in the center of the city, one block away from the Rossio the main square. Every member of the staff was great. When you ask for a car to the concierge to go somewhere he recommended a private car that wanted to charge me 50 euro to take me to the airport. But a regular cab charges you no more than 8 to 9 euro. So beware that little detail. The first cab driver charged me 18 euro, I thought it was reasonable so I paid him just to find out later he overcharged me even with 2 suitcases. Do not try to make a phone call from the room, 10 mins to Germany was 45 euros...so download pinger.com, skype or other program and use your ipad from the hotel WIFI.
Other trip Dec 9, 2012
waldemar
"The charming center of the Lisbon hotel"
Great location. Great, very helpful staff. Great breakfast. The bathroom was a little small but very clean. We stayed for a week and had no complaints. Definitely recommend this hotel.
Other trip Dec 7, 2012
"Great Lisbon Hotel"
Avenida Palace Hotel is a classic hotel with beautifully appointed public rooms. Great buffet breakfast and warm, paneled bar among the amenities.
Other trip Nov 27, 2012
"Elegant Grand Hotel"
Well located hotel in the heart of Lisbon. Large room and very good breakfast. Service was excellent. Facillities could use some updating, but otherwise excellent.
2 night trip Nov 13, 2012
WarrenJ
Excellent location ! Absolutely perfect for walking. clean but seemed a bit musty in the bathroom. basically old and elegant. Helpful front desk.
4 night trip Oct 26, 2012
Jane
"Great location, friendly staff"
Great hotel in terms of cleanliness, location, friendliness of staff and room size. The bed was a little small but comfortable and for some reason, the lights were a little dim. Breakfast was good.
Other trip Oct 20, 2012
"Hotel avenida, Lisbon, Portugal"
Very comfortable and pleasing atmosphere. Great staff. Wonderul buffet breakfast and great location.
2 night family trip Oct 11, 2012
Mpd
"Location!Location!! Location!!!"
The hotel is great and the staff is incredibly friendly! Each request was responded to immediately whether it was for information on the room or activities or nearby restaurant recommendations. The room was clean and spacious.
Other trip Oct 10, 2012
Elle
"Perfect Location"
Location is great with many quality restaurants within walking distance. Staff friendly and accomodating. The breakfast is superb.Room on first floor but no street noise.
Other trip Oct 8, 2012
"Great location and great city!"
Overall great but I would say the bed was very hard and not very comfortable for a hotel of ths caliber. Other than that is was very nice.
Other trip Oct 5, 2012
"Great location and great breakfast."
As an American all the smoking in the facility was hard. However that is there culture and I loved the place, the location and the service. I highly recommend. If smoking is a problem don't go to Europe.
Trip with friends Oct 5, 2012
Beth H
This is a grand old lady, a charming if somewhat out-dated elderly property, Magnificent crystal chandeliers adorn the high ceilings, vast windows overlook the attractive city square outside. Just the breakfast room is fit for a throne room! The concierge services are spotty. Twice our promised restaurant reservation was inaccurate Otherwise the hotel is beautifully located, easy walking to charming must see attractions. Great care from bellmen.
3 night trip Sep 14, 2012
Gage
"Great stay at lovely hotel"
The hotel has a nice character feel to it with lovely little rooms. Our room had a wonderful view of the city. The location is superb. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Be aware that the hotel charges exorbitant fees for having your laundry done - basically my only minor quibble. I would recommend this hotel to travelers in Lisbon.
Other trip Sep 24, 2012
Adam
"Very nice hotel for the Lisbon experience"
Superb Location-close to everything. Old style grand hotel. Very nice breakfast.
Other trip Sep 13, 2012
IMS
"Excellent Hotel"
I would stay in this hotel again, if I was back in Lisbon. The location of the hotel is great, easy walks to close by attractions and food. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I room was comfortable,very roomy, and very clean.
2 night trip Sep 7, 2012

"Top shelf"
Loved it
Response by Avenida Palace
Dear Guest, Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a lovely review of your stay at the Avenida Palace. I am delighted to know how highly you valued your experience with us. I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit. Kind regards, Pedro Miguel Costa
5 night trip with friends Jul 20, 2015
Bernard
Helpful staff, great breakfast buffet, quiet room and perfect location.
Response by Avenida Palace
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your stay at the Avenida Palace. We appreciate your kind comments on our location as well as on staff. It would be a great honor to welcome you back to the Avenida Palace. Yours sincerely, Pedro Miguel Costa
6 night trip with friends Jul 14, 2015
"Wonderful place to stay in Lisbon."
Excellent stay for three nights.Concierge service excellent for recommendations.breakfast included and superb.
Response by Avenida Palace
Dear Guest, It was a real pleasure to read these wonderful words following your stay at the Avenida Palace. Our team constantly strives to achieve a high level of quality and we are thrilled to know that you found our concierge service excellent. Hopefully, we will be able to welcome you again in a near future. Kind regards, Pedro Miguel Costa
3 night romance trip Jul 9, 2015
sheldon
"Great location & great hotel"
A very comfortable place to stay; with plentiful & delicious breakfast. Extremely pleasant & helpful staff - there was a room mix up which they sorted in less than a minute and everything was perfect. Great location. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel.
Response by Avenida Palace
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for giving us your point of view regarding the Avenida Palace and its services. I am delighted to read that you overall enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope that the Avenida Palace will welcome you back in the future. Kind regards, Pedro Miguel Costa
Other trip May 29, 2015
F
"Traditional style and service"
Centrally situated for access to tourist areas and restaurants. The railway station is very close for outings, e.g. Sintra. We were two couples on a 4 night break and everyone was extremely pleased with the hotel.
Response by Avenida Palace
Dear Guest, Many thanks for taking the time out to leave your kind remarks on your stay at the Avenida Palace. We are delighted to know that you were extremely pleased with our hotel. We look forward to welcome you back in the near future. Yours Sincerely, Pedro Miguel Costa
Other trip May 27, 2015
"Old fashioned hotel in excellent central area."
An old fashioned hotel in an excellent central area of Lisbon. Ideal for sightseeing and close to all amenities. We left one of our bags in the airport taxi by mistake. The hotel made enquiries for us about its return and the next day we got the bag back. Excellent customer service and greatly appreciated. Made all the difference to our stay in Lisbon.
Response by Avenida Palace
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Avenida Palace. We were very pleased to read your kind words about our customer service. We pledge to make every effort to please our guests at all times and feel proud of your recognition. We will share your kind remarks with our team. We look forward to welcoming you in a near future. Yours sincerely, Pedro Miguel Costa
Other trip May 6, 2015
Jay
"Lovely hotel, great location"
Hotel was excellent. We let them know we were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and received a free upgrade for the stay and champagne and strawberry's on first night, which made it extra special. Staff were very friendly and helpful.and helped with advice for trips out.
Response by Avenida Palace
Dear Guest, It was a real pleasure to read this review following your stay at the Avenida Palace. We were thrilled with your kind words on our hotel, staff and services. I will gladly pass on your comments to the entire team. Hopefully, we will be able to welcome you again in a near future. Kind regards, Pedro Miguel Costa
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Alistair
"Great hotel right in the centre of Lisbon"
Perfect location, right in the heart of the city, a sumptuous hotel with friendly, welcoming staff and an air of relaxation after the hustle and bustle of the city.
Response by Avenida Palace
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your fabulous review about your stay with us. I was thrilled to read your kind words on our hotel and also on our staff who you found to be very friendly and welcoming. Your wonderful feedback was passed on to all. I hope to have the honor of welcoming you back at the Avenida Palace in a not too distant future. Yours Sincerely, Pedro Miguel Costa
Other trip Apr 4, 2015