All hotels in Vancouver, Washington, United States of America
13101 NE 27th Ave., Vancouver, WA, 98686, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

"Great staff, great location but terribly dirty:("
Check in was easy and great - hotel staff friendly. When we got to the floor our room was located on (3rd) we noticed the carpets were extremely dirty - as if they have not been vaccumed for some time. Our room was dusty and the floors were just as dirty - we accidently dropped the top of the ice bucket on the floor and when we picked it up there were long dark hairs all over the white part. Thank goodness the bedding was clean as we would have probably left the room with our baggage. I have to say the breakfast is great - one of the best comp. breakfasts that hotels offer! Also the young lady that was serving the breakfast was really nice - however on two occasions she was witness going outside for a cigarette and upon returning she did not wash her hands.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Why no curtains?"
The free continental breakfast was pretty darn good. I love that the pool and spa are open 24 hours! The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. We didn't get to check in until 5pm because our room wasn't clean yet, and check-in time is supposed to be 3pm. There are only sheer curtains in the room. There are thick curtains hanging there, but the won't close! The sun just beats into the room. I think it's absolutely ridiculous that you can't close the curtains.
1 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2014
"Close to Sleep Country Amphitheater-Nice place"
I stayed at this Holiday Inn for the 1st time. Nice staff, conveniently located to the Amphitheater. We were attending a concert. The hotel clerk called us a taxi upon arrival that was there exactly when we desired to go about 45 min to 1 hour later. This gave us time to unwind a bit before the event. The room was clean except for a dried up washcloth over the edge of the tub, but it didn't stink or have any soil-no big deal. The breakfast was nicely stocked, even for the large crowd-usual stuff: biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage AND bacon. Yogurt, fruit, breads, bagels, etc. Pancake maker. Juice dispenser with orange, cran and apple. Lots of coffee. They always have a nice breakfast. Nice indoor pool, elevator, 3 floors, exercise room. Staff did a great job, especially for the large number of people. Only thing that I missed was the hospitality cookies and fruit upon arrival. Other than that, I recommend it.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Andrea H
"Never again"
Check in said 3, but our room wasn't ready till almost 5. Microwave in room never worked. Was told that it was a brand new one. Paid almost $200 for their biggest room only to be told to take my kids sippy cups & our pizza downstairs to warm up. Management never called me to see if he could do something else. Will never stay there again
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"Close to amphitheater"
No complaints, great staff, checkout at noon is good.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
Needed more help for breakfast
7 night business trip Jun 15, 2014
"Good Place for Short Stay"
We stayed one night when the hotel was close to full. The staff did a great job of remaining friendly even though they were close to being overwhelmed. I'm still not sure how they kept smiles on their faces during breakfast. I think the hotel is relatively new so was surprised when our coffee basket did not fit our coffee maker. The public areas seem a little small compared to other hotels. The room was pretty basic - 2 queen beds, desk, small area for coffee pot, bathroom. The shower was really nice, but I'm surprised they don't have a lower volume shower head. The pool seemed good size, but we did not use it. I totally recommend this hotel for families.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Wa. Trip"
Good hotel and good service. Two drawbacks. One - since we stayed for six nights it was tiresome having to use their password to login every time we wanted online. Next - the A/C was marginal. Had on high cool and never really cooled the room down. Otherwise enjoyed the hotel and staff.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"Enjoyed our stay...would come back again"
Clean room. Quiet. Friendly service. Room had no fridge or microwave, so we requested one of each from the front desk after arrival, and they promptly brought them up to our room. The fridge was even brand new! Very happy. Complimentary breakfast quality and service was excellent. Fitness center, pool, and hot tub were all clean and in great condition, as well as open 24 hours. We enjoyed our stay very much and will definitely consider coming back.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Vancouver North - Salmon Creek
Dear traveler, Thank you choosing to stay with us in Salmon Creek during your recent visit to Vancouver. I appreciate your feedback. I am glad to hear we took good care of you and quickly brought the fridge & microwave to you. I hope you were able to enjoy some of our new healthier options at breakfast. They are quite popular. I am happy you enjoyed the pool area and fitness center. We strive to keep our hotel as welcoming as we can and provide the best service possible. Good to hear we are on the right track! Happy travels and hope to see you soon.
2 night trip Jun 4, 2014
Nice clean room and friendly staff
1 night trip May 10, 2014
"Holiday Inn Review"
The hotel was very nice and clean. We used the swimming pool and hot tub which was open 24 hrs. The only inconvenience was that none of the vending machines worked. The room on our floor containing ice and vending machines was closed completely, and going downstairs found ice but broken machines. Besides that the rooms were nice, clean and the beds comfy.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Vancouver North - Salmon Creek
Dear Shannon, Thank you for your comments regarding your visit. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the pool area! My apologies about the vending machines. One vending room is being renovated and we were having trouble with the first floor machines. They have now been repaired. Sorry for the inconvenience. I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Vancouver. Thanks again and travel safely.
1 night family trip Mar 20, 2014
Shannon
"Run down"
My review is poor because this hotel was falling apart and the pool I was guaranteed was not working!! My bathroom had hair all over the floor and the vent in the bathroom was half hanging out of the wall.... I used to do hotel housekeeping and front desk this was unacceptable!!!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Vancouver North - Salmon Creek
Dear Anita, Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your feedback. We strive to satisfy each and every guest and I apologize that we fell short with your recent visit. I am quite surprised to hear that you felt the hotel was falling apart. While the pool was down due to a broken filter, the rest of the hotel was completely renovated just three months ago in December 2013. We have all new room furniture & fixtures, carpet, paint, wall paper, fitness equipment, breakfast and lobby furniture. I apologize for the issue with your bathroom. I have discussed this with our Executive Housekeeper to provide additional training as needed; as your room should have been spotless and trouble free for your arrival. I appreciate your feedback. It will help me and the staff better prepare for every guest coming to our hotel. Please give us another try on your next visit to Vancouver and I will maker sure your room is better prepared. Thank you.
2 night trip Feb 14, 2014
Anita
"Suited my needs to a T"
I needed a hotel that was in Vancouver WA close to I-5 as I was traveling from Portland to Tacoma for business. This hotel was perfect. The staff was friendly and the room modern and clean.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Vancouver North - Salmon Creek
Dear Louise, Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your way to Tacoma. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and found us convenient for your travel plans. I appreciate your feedback and I will be happy to share your comments with my staff. Please visit us again on your next trip to Vancouver. Best regards and travel safely. Holiday Inn Express -Vancouver No.- Salmon Creek
1 night business trip Feb 11, 2014
Louise
Perfect location from Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Vancouver North - Salmon Creek
Dear Sunshine, Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center. I hope you found our hotel fresh, clean and convenient. I appreciate your ratings and feedback. My staff and are striving to provide the best service possible. Please visit us again on your nest trip to Vancouver. Many thanks, Holiday Inn Express - Salmon Creek
1 night trip Feb 6, 2014
Sunshine
Stayed because this was close to where our friends lived. Not a lot of things nearby but very comfortable rooms and friendly staff.
4 night trip with friends Jan 17, 2014
"Great price, but strange place..."
We stayed the first two days after Christmas, and it appeared that we pretty much had the hotel to ourselves. The facility was nice - not the newest Holiday Inn Express, but well-maintained and comfortable. The desk staff was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was the standard fare (hot pre-made omelets, sausage patties, etc). There were two things that were very odd about this hotel, though. The room we were given had two queen beds and a nice sitting area/office space and NO CLOSET. Maybe that doesn't matter to a lot of people, but when three people are traveling with baggage and hanging clothes, it is very awkward. We ended up using the office/sitting area to lay out our hanging clothes. The other thing that was odd was that our room never got cleaned. We left the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door the first day until about 10:30AM, and took it down when we left for the day. We got back in the evening and the room had not been touched. I don't know if it was because the hotel was so empty that they sent the housekeeping staff home early or what, but it was pretty irritating. The hotel location was very good for visiting our friends, but if we stay there again, we will definitely ask ahead of time about the room configuration and their housekeeping policy.
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
very clean. Friendly staff. Close to major freeways and plenty of shopping. I would stay here again without hesitation. Very good rate.
1 night trip Dec 24, 2013
"Don't stay here"
Water leaks from 3rd floor down. Heaters in hallway rude day staff. Housekeeping did not clean room even though we took do not disturb off door when we left for day at 930 am. Desk clerk very rude when asked for clean towels. Breakfast had no fruit and ran out of oj even though hotel not full. Told my husband to go across street togas station for ice. Only plus was night clerk who did her best with terrible staffing. Don't stay here ruined our family Christmas get a way
3 night family trip Dec 21, 2013
Bonnie
"It definitely has potential..."
We happened to stay there when they were just transitioning from Gateway Inn to Holiday Inn; and a flood occurred the morning we arrived. They did what they could to take care of the situation, and it was at times extremely noisy. But hey...I'm understanding, so I won't give a bad rating cause of that. Continental breakfast was awesome though. The Wifi speeds were adequate. The staff were friendly always. All in all, I would stay here again.
2 night trip Dec 20, 2013
"Excellent Hotel"
Hotel staff are super nice and are willing to accommodate reasonable requests. Very nice experience overall.
3 night trip Dec 18, 2013
Das
"Enjoyed the stay..."
Enjoyed the stay went for a family event worked out welll....the hotel had just done a name change..thus a total renovation. enjoyed having "new everything". Great value!
1 night trip Dec 16, 2013
"Excellent - 1st Class Location"
Rooms are brand new, clean, location is perfect for business trips to Portland, OR. Would stay there every time. The remodel makes the place like brand new! ~DB
3 night business trip Dec 14, 2013
Damon
"comfortable and convenient"
Online I saw that there was a mini fridge in each room and there was not one in our room which was somewhat disappointing, but other than that it was clean and staff was very nice. Breakfast that was served in the lobby was not the greatest... but it was free so you get what you pay for i guess. Overall, I would likely stay there again because of the convenient location when I visit family and the friendly staff. But if I was looking for a luxurious vacation... I would probably choose another place.
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2013
"We're the vacuums broke?"
From the hotel's point of view, my timing could not have been worse. At check-in, the lobby had several fans going full blast to dry out after a major water leak earlier on the day. Those fans were still going at checkout three days later. The hallway carpet was being redone, but they never vacuumed the hallway for the entire time I was there. After travelling a lot over the last three years, I can safely say that I've never seen a hotel not vacuum the hallway for three days. The workmen were only there one day of the three I was there.
3 night family trip Dec 12, 2013
By
"Not cleaned over well."
Upon arriving at my room, I went to plug in my phone charger & found an old bag of grapes behind the nightstand, then an empty bag of chips in the drawer. The walls are paper thin & with the construction they are at 6 am I got little to no rest
1 night business trip Dec 10, 2013
"Luxury"
Clean and quite place. Easy access.AAwesome staff.
Manju
There was snow and ice on the sidewalk & in the disabled parking section. The desk staff said that maintenance had been given the time off & she was the only one there. The slippery snow & ice was still there when we checked out the next day. The pool was closed for maintenance. There were no guides in the room - for TV channels, hotel amenities, or area sites. There were arrows in the hall to ice machines, but no ice machines could be found. There was suppose to be a minibar (I didn't need the bar part, but could have used a refrigerator).
"Quiet clean place"
As other reviewers have stated before, this hotel was a Holiday Inn Express and has just become the Gateway. The remodeling seemed near completion on the first floor wing we had, except it was missing the wide base molding in the hallway, so that will hopefully be done in the next few days or weeks. Carpeting and room decor was very up to date, and the room was clean and spacious. Our king bed was very firm, though not uncomfortable, even though I prefer a softer more padded feel like other HI hotels have. The linens and bedding didn't appear to be from the HI and need to be upgraded to a finer weave to be really comfortable, but they were adequate. The pillows also didn't seem to be HI quality, and were a bit small and lumpy. However, since we got this hotel on a flash sale thru expedia for an incredibly low price, it was fine for a night. Disappointing and NOT noted on the website, the fitness center was being remodeled and had no equipment, as well as the pool was not operational. We didn't complain (because of the low price), but the hotel really should have made this clear beforehand. The breakfast had some items similar to a HI Express, but the Gateway staff didn't seem to prepare it the same way and much was missing (sausage links almost looked like they'd been boiled rather than browned). Fruit was missing until we asked. Overall it was adequate and hopefully will continue to improve, since it really is a nice looking hotel.
PNW traveler
"Soon to be a Holiday Inn Express"
Hotel is converting to a Holiday Inn Express ... Will never see that $75.00 a night rate again!
4 night trip Nov 27, 2013
We stayed 6 days. Hotel was in the process of changing from Holiday Inn to Gateway Inn, but all went well. Everything was still pretty neat & clean. Nice breakfast. Daily local newspaper. No TV in fitness center, but hoped that was due to change-over of owners. We asked for early housekeeping service for the 6 days and had good service for 5 days.. we figured that Sunday (late room make-up).. the regular gal was Off. Quiet & good location for us. Local gal station was highest Gas price in local area ! But over all, we would repeat hotel.
Other trip Nov 20, 2013
Cora & Ed
I had to go back to the desk because the put me in a different room. The explaination was they don't garentee rooms. He said one opened up, and provided it with me, but it put me off a little that I had to fight for the room I booked
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
Great
1 night trip Nov 6, 2013
"Good hotel for a drive and sleep and go situation"
You can tell that this is a very popular hotel, probably with the Events Center nearby. It was clean but you can tell it is a high traffic hotel. It is not in the center of the new shopping areas but just a quick drive down the road in a quiet area. The only staff I had seen was the guy who checked me in and the person who checked me out, the room was nice and quiet, which was great.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
Jodi
"Good for business traveler or overnight vacationer"
Hotel is excellent facility - best fitness center I've seen and indoor pool and jacuzzi. Rooms are spacious and well furnished. Only 2 minutes from freeway - easy access. However, if you want to get something to eat, you'll need to drive a few minutes.
1 night trip Oct 17, 2013
"Great value for money"
I was there for one night - a quick business trip. This hotel was perfect for what I needed - clean, well maintained, friendly staff.
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
PK
"Nice place to stay"
Very good place to stay just bad timing I guess. They are in the middle of remodeling so the hall was very dirty, but room very clean. Inside pool very cool and the only other thing was we hardly ever saw someone at the front desk. Breakfast o.k. but not up to par as most of the other places I have stayed at.
2 night trip Oct 12, 2013
Sharon McCloskey
"Great!"
For the price, this place was awesome. The staff at the front desk was welcoming. The room did have a cheerio left in behind the bathroom door but that could have been easily missed by any cleaning crew. The beds were comfortable and breakfast was pretty good for hotel continental breakfast food.
"Night Train"
My boyfriend and myself traveled about two and a half hours for the Jason Aldean concert, the hotel wasn't extremely noisy and it was comfortable. We stayed a few days after the concert and whomever was the girl at the front desk was she was very rude when I had called down to check if there were paper plates we could use for the dinner we had delivered, she made me feel like I was bothering her. The breakfast was a nice touch but it was pretty mediocre but the over all stay was good. The location was great in compared to the amphitheater and downtown Portland.
"Quick overnight stay."
Went to Sleep Country Amphitheater to see Jason Aldean and needed somewhere to spend the night. Very convenient to the venue, quiet, clean and had a very good breakfast in the morning.
"Will stay again"
Comfort, value, friendly, accessible. Stayed while going to a nearby concert. Pool and hot tub open 24 hours, breakfast was good next morning. Room was large and clean. So much good to say. Only improvement I would suggest is comfier couch. Oh- and Expedia says DVD VCR in room and there wasn't, but otherwise all we needed and wanted in a room. Staff was incredible. Thanks
Other trip Sep 28, 2013
"Great Place to Stay"
Great place to stay for our overnight stop. The room was clean and decently sized. The bed and pillow were VERY comfortable. Friendly staff. Free breakfast in the next morning with decent food. Good location: not too far from the freeway and next to a gas station. Only downsides: The bathtub was a bit clogged so the water drained very slowly and my travel buddy thought there were some weird smells to the place (but I had a cold so didn't smell anything). Definitely great place to stay for the price paid. Will definitely stay here again if I'm ever in the area.
1 night trip Sep 15, 2013
"OK for the price; we're not sorry we stayed there"
Gateway is transitioning to a Holiday Inn Express, so this review will soon be irrelevant. It was necessary to fiddle with the buttons and the door to get the elevator to move. The hallways were a little dusty. Our room itself was very nice, with fridge and microwave. The worst was the breakfast. Beware of the eggs and sausage, as well as the muffins, which tasted as if they were about a week old. Location is not very convenient--somewhat difficult to get to because I5 and I205 meet nearby. Bottom line: not bad for the price, and soon the accommodations will be nicer and HI will jack that price way up.
7 night family trip Sep 10, 2013
"Convenient, clean and comfortable"
Liked property; conveniently located; very informative and helpful front desk.
1 night trip Sep 8, 2013
"Near my worksite"
I arrived after 9PM. Room was ready and held for me despite not calling ahead. It smelled a little like fish at first, then I didn't smell it anymore. Bed was adequate. Not super thrilled with the pillows. No bedbugs in my room!
Other trip Sep 20, 2013
Jimmy
"Quiet"
The receptionist was super friendly! The room extremely clean. There was no mini fridge or microwave in my room but the receptionist was more than kind when she caught me using the microwave in the breakfast area.
Other trip Sep 19, 2013
We stayed here as palace to crash for the night. The room was large, but the bed was not comfortable. Definitely time for a new one. Breakfast was more than what I would have expected. For a one night stay, this place suited us just fine.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2013
Le Ann
"Second visit at the Gateway Inn"
Room was clean and it was a great value. Always pleased with this place. Still can't believe how cheap it is for what you get!
1 night trip with friends Sep 14, 2013
marie
"nice enough"
Nice enough, the location was right, and the prices wasn't outrageous
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
Dane
"close to the sleep country ampitheater"
Overall the Hotel was good. They had some problems with the elevator which was a problem since we were on the 3rd floor..
1 night trip Sep 13, 2013