All hotels in Billings, Montana, United States of America

Bad amenities
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
"Nice choice"
Good choice and close to the interstate. Decent breakfast. Helpful staff. Nice hotel for the price.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
gYle
"Your money's worth."
Really friendly and helpful staff. At the price, it was worth the money.
1 night romance trip Aug 30, 2014
Srtiomovas
Very dirty room. Dirty sheets on both beds. It smelled so bad we requested another room. Room 2 had water on the bathroom floor because the toilet wasn't bolted down!
1 night business trip Aug 25, 2014
"First time"
Out of all the trips, stays in hotels i have stayed in while working on the road, this is the first time i ever needed to write a complaint about a hotel stay. First of all it was a friday evening and i wanted to get paperwork done. NO Internet. No remote for tv. By time i did get a remote the channels i wanted to watch kept cutting off. I must say the worst choice and waste of money and got nothing accomplished. I will also be writing that hotel as well. Again i am in the hotel/communications business and very very displeased with this choice of hotel. I have and the hotel has compted severel guests for issues that we had no control of. I hope to see the same type of treatment.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
ramsey
"Econo Lodge Billings"
Nothing fancy, just clean and neat.
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2014
"I don't recommend!"
There was not a microwave or refrigerator in the unit. The dryers were $1.50 and the day staff was rude. I never got my dollar back from the dryers. I would not recommend this motel. We weren't given silverware or water in the cafe at breakfast.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Lindsay
"Avoid at all costs -sleep in car instead"
Not sure why but Billings was pretty busy and we had to take the only room we could find. Regretted almost immediately. Food left in fridge and microwave from prior guests, smelt of cigarettes, noisy - truckers, other guests, air con - flies buzzing around. We didn't feel safe. Adding salt to wound there was a loud bang on the door at 9.45am that frightened us to death! It was housekeeping warning us that checkout was 10am (earliest in all the hotels we had stayed in over 3 weeks.)
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
BV
"Shockingly overpriced for what you get"
We chose this location during a cross country drive assuming that with the higher price would come a nicer than average econolodge. Don't be fooled! It's an expensive hole. I'd be less upset about our stay if we had paid the $50 a. Ight you'd expect for a place like this, but at well over $100, it was no where near worth it. Spend 10 more dollars and wake up in a room not covered in ants.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Jenn
"Econo Lodge stay"
I would never recommend this hotel. Since we were traveling with a pet dog we were given the designated pet room. This room smelled so bad of urine that we had to change rooms. I can't believe the hotel staff didn't catch this issue before a customer rented the room. I wonder what else the staff is ignoring and hiding from the hotel guests. ??!!!! The hotel guests must trust that the hotel will provide a clean room. I don't trust that this hotel chain will put cleanliness above the dollar to provide a clean room. Sorry, my trust and my families trust for Econo Lodge is broken and the story of the filthy room will be told countlessly for generations.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
"This place is terrible."
The curtains were barely hanging, no headboard on the bed, sink and cabinet were in poor shape. Air conditioner sounded like a freight train. It was not a restful night and definitely no worth the money.
1 night trip Jul 29, 2014
"Short stay"
Late flight requiring a overnight stay in Billings Mo. Availability is the only reason I booked at the Econolodge.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
John and family
"Nice Motel but not friendly staff"
We enjoyed our stay at this Econo Lodge in Billings. The beds were really comfortable & the rooms were nice and so was the pool. But the hotel staff wasn't friendly and were even rude at times.
2 night trip Jul 21, 2014
"Great for the price"
Our hotel was clean and quiet and the front desk guy was great.
1 night trip Jul 15, 2014
"Smokey smell, loud unclean room"
The air conditioner was so loud it woke me up every time it ran. Loud guests in parking lot area. I could smell cigarette smoke coming from other rooms even though mine was a non smoking room. Hair in the bath tub. Sheets completely wrinkled like they might have been reused. Overall terrible experience.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
jen
it kind of sucked should be more restuarants near by. staff was not very helpful
3 night trip with friends Jul 7, 2014
They had no refrigerator available in the room No elevators available for our elderly relative
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
"Idaho Joe"
friendly staff, poor bed
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
Idaho Joe
"fairly un-memorable"
We were lucky to get this room, as it was a re-booking from another reservation at another motel in the area, due to a database error through either expedia or hotels-com. This meant that by the time we arrived here, we had already been standing in the previous motel lobby for more than two hours while the issue was being resolved. When we arrived, the first desk clerk was extremely helpful, professional, and courteous, as though she understood what we had already been dealing with. When we got in our room, we discovered it had no refrigerator, which was an amenity we had requested, so it was a bit of a longer wait to sort out that issue. A second clerk fumbled with the process of assisting us with that, but it seemed that we had to wait while she chatted with another co-worker for a bit. Thankfully, the first clerk re-appeared, and took charge of the situation, getting us into a new room as quickly as she could. Other than that, there wasn't really anything outstanding about our stay. No complaints about the cleanliness, accommodations, etc, other than to say that the continental breakfast was a bit paltry, compared to offerings at other similarly priced lodging. As a side note regarding price - Econo Lodge charged higher rates than the other motel we had originally booked, so it's good that we were not charged any more for being re-located.
1 night business trip Jun 10, 2014
"Good deal....centrally located"
Liked the location and the service....Clean and comfortable rooms
1 night family trip May 29, 2014
"decent sleep"
This is a ok place to stay. Price should be lowered. Especially since the rooms looked old and the surrounding area looks old.
1 night business trip May 22, 2014
hanz
"Not what your paying for!"
It seemed with our experience, we couldn't get away from continuous disappointments though the charge was equal to motels with nice facilities. Don't expect too much from the breakfast bar either, their highlight is biscuit and gravy though the biscuits didn't seem fresh, neither did the doughnuts.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
MtnBrady
"ANTS IN BATHROOM !!"
We chose this hotel because we had used it previously & it was ok. NOT THIS TIME AND NEVER AGAIN! There were cigarette burns in the blankets, the heater didn't work, and there were ANTS IN THE BATHROOM! Not one, not two but HUNDREDS! I packed up, with my kids & we left. They offered to move rooms but I refused. I'm sure you could find somewhere else for the same $. Trust me, I wouldn't stay here!
2 night trip Mar 28, 2014
MontanaGirl
"Nice hotel for the price"
Wasn't anything fancy but it was nice for a weekend getaway.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
"Nice hotel for the price."
I was very pleased with the price for our stay. The breakfast was good and had a nice variety of foods.
Other trip Mar 8, 2014
Tracy
"disappointed"
I asked if there were refrigerators and microwaves in the rooms they told me yes and there was not!
1 night trip Feb 23, 2014
"Affordable"
It was clean. Hotel definitely needs a face lift & updating but staff were very friendly. Affordable when you're on a budget.
1 night business trip Jan 22, 2014
Ms Red
"OK"
Just passing through and needed some rest and the price was right.
1 night trip Jan 12, 2014
Rob
Staff was friendly and helpful.
1 night trip Dec 21, 2013
"Not a great place"
Had stayed the two previuos nights in motels with far better amenities for less money. The room was small, the bathroom WAS NOT wheelchair accessable, and the night clerk was an airhead.
Other trip Dec 18, 2013
Jo
"If you are looking for luxury..."
Then this isn't the hotel for you. It's great when all you are looking for is a bed because you are tired. It's pretty basic, but overall the rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, and it is right off the interstate which makes it great if it is just a pit stop to sleep and go right away in the morning.
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2013
C. Ehret
"Nice hotel, Not Far From where we needed to be."
The hotel was awesome. It was in the perfect spot for where we needed to be. It made it easy to get around because everything was so close.
Other trip Oct 27, 2013
Samantha
"Pretty dumpy with lackluster staff."
The hotel is pretty far from the airport. I am convinced that the housekeeper took my property ($30 item) but I cannot prove it. The manager says that they are not responsible for items left in the room. Though we all know this it still does not take away the sting. Another problem I had is the manager made an additional charge on my card for incidentals ($10 parking fee) without my authorization even though I had already paid for the room through Hotels.com. I would not have even notice this if I did not catch this charge on my bank statement. I argued about the unauthorized charge. They said they would remove it after I threaten to report it to Hotels.com and my bank. The manager said it will take 15 days to receive the credit. What a pain. I will probably forget 15 days from now to check this. I will never stay at an Econologe again.
1 night business trip Oct 19, 2013
Chad Jenkins
"easy on off location"
Was in billings For meeting at holiday inn. Convenient location, good breakfast. A little noisy.
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2013
"What you pay for"
The girl at the desk was very nice and helpful, the woman working grave yard shift had her daughter and husband with her and was too busy with them to be of any help though. Also the host keeping staff knocked on my door trying to clean my room every 30 minutes starting at 8 am. Very unprofessional. The only reason the customer service isn't awful is because of Amelia at the desk. The room was nice though, what you'd expect from a 70 dollar hotel. A little run down, but well maintained.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
"poor breakfast and coffee"
This was the poorest continental breakfast I've experienced. No fruit was available, only toast and a poor selection of rolls as well as cold cerial. Don't plan on a waffle like most hotels have. Don't plan on filling your personal coffee cup for the road either.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2013
"On the way to Glacier NP"
Nothing special.
1 night trip Sep 10, 2013
"Not at all a good place"
This was only one of three hotels available that would allow pets in the area. We had slim pickings to begin with. But the first thing I noticed was the stale cigarette smell in the room when we specifically asked for a non-smoking room. The room was also closest to the front desk(noisy). There was a beer bottle cap, dust bunnies, scraps of paper on the floor of our room. One of my kids said 'Is that a bullet hole???' when he looked at the mirror in the room. I was NOT impressed nor was I happy but we didn't have too many other choices. You would think for over a hundred bucks a night the room would be in better condition than that. My wife had to almost get in an argument with one of the staff because there were no towels in the pool area and obviously there were supposed to be. Who would do that? Argue with a paying guest? About towels? Come on. there were far too many other smaller issues to list so save your money and find someplace else. Pet or no, smuggle your animal in to the NICE place across the parking lot. The Green and white one that doesn't allow pets, it would be worth the risk to have a much better experience.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
"Billings EconoLodge"
I was visiting Billings on a bereavement mission. I needed a place to stay on very short notice. I also needed an economical stay. I used Expedia.com to find a room, and the price was right for the EconoLodge. On check-in, the clerk at the reception desk was friendly, but obviously doing more than just checking people in. I felt the reception person was also doing janitor duties and kitchen detail. Not enough staff, so getting checked in and getting a question asked the next day took longer because the person behind the counter was off doing other things. There is a mustiness in the building that I found unpleasant. The decor is 1970's burnt orange. The very card I was given to open the door was bent and stained. It opened the door, but really... In comparing notes with other people staying in the same general area, the Motel 6 just down the road from the EconoLodge was about the same price and much cleaner and more comfortable than the EconoLodge. I won't make that mistake again.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
"okay place but prices high"
Okay place as we saw a sick relative but prices higher than last month due to Montana State fair and Crow Fair. They knew of the demand and were a $20 higher.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
black hills
"Average"
Convenient access from Interstate.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2013
Grandpa
The air conditioner in the room is controlled by a confusing switch system. Our room keys did not work the first or second time. The breakfast bar was small and not stocked well, we skipped it the second day. The hotel itself gave a 70's vibe with the color scheme of the walls and carpet. The location was close to the interstate.
2 night trip Aug 6, 2013
Chuck
"Easy Access from I-90"
A pleasant stay. Was good to be able to park where I could see my bike. The room initially had a musty odor but that cleared once I opened the window for a while. Staff was friendly and helped me find a decent place to get some dinner close by.
1 night trip Jul 14, 2013
Rachel S.
"econolodge billings mt"
Got in late...around 1130pm...front desk attendant and several other employees outside smoking right by front door. She finished her cigarette while I waited at front desk to check in. Another employee who was also outside had a young child with him (maybe 9 or 10 years old). When I went out to walk my dog at midnight..he was walking the grounds with this youmg girl..may be his daughter..but it was late at night. Very unprofessional bringing a child to work. Walls in bathroom had something yellow running down them...carpets filthy. Next morning...the two young ladies attending to breakfast had no problem using their bare hands to restock breakfast items. It was disgusting. We did not eat there. Poor overall experience. Certainly won't recommend to anyone
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2013
barbara
"Not what expected."
Seemed old and run down for the price. Room was smelly and we had to open the window to air it out. Lots of stains on the walls. Hot and cold water were backwards on the sink. I am not a person who needs a "comfy" hotel by any means, as it is just a place to sleep for me. However, this hotel was quite rough for me.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
Ryan
Hotel needs updating but was clean and the breakfast satisfactoyr.
4 night trip Jul 25, 2013
Econ Lodge
average stay, nothing bad or good
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2013
"l"
The room was low quality, poorly decorated, and needed refurbishing. But clean and we survived.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2013
"Good enough for an overnight."
The hotel was all right, nothing outstanding. The air conditioner was loud, though. The kids enjoyed the swimming pool outside but the hot tub was indoors and very small.
1 night trip Jul 22, 2013
Lawrence
"Hotel I would not stay at again."
The check in was probably the best part. The lady working was very professional and friendly. The one who checked us out could have used more people skills and a smile. We requested a wake up call at 6 am and never received one. When my husband mentioned it, she was not apologetic or anything. Hot tub was most definitely hot but almost too hot. Couldn't stay in it no longer than 10 min. They had a decent selection for a continental breakfast but even our little dog would not eat the gravy for biscuits and gravy. It didn't have much of a taste. Beds were uncomfortable and the air conditioner was noisy when the compressor kicked on. You couldn't sleep with the noise but turning the temp up most it almost too hot/warm to sleep.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
"Good option"
The customer service was good. No discounts for senior/military. The room was clean, but with the parking lot almost vacant we were placed in an upstairs room. Good breakfast option and pool. The major complaint is the air conditioning unit. It was so loud that you sacrificed a cool room for a quiet one. There were polite enough directions on operation but it seemed avoidable with some attention. The price for the stay was a little high but the best option for the price given the surrounding hotels. If they dropped their prices then this place couldn't compete.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2013