All hotels in Sylmar, California, United States of America
12835 Encinitas Ave, Sylmar, CA, 91342, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Under Construction"
Construction happening at the motel. Too close to the freeway, so loud! Bedcover was torn. No amenities. No plug for the bathtub, they had to hunt one down. It was, however, inexpensive.
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for the review and for staying with us. We apologize that our hotel was under construction while you were here. We could understand how the noise may have made your stay a less than pleasant one. We will be completing this project very soon and I'm sure that you will be impressed by our brand new exterior. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
1 night family trip May 19, 2015
Rebecca
"Good stay when on a budget"
Parking was horrible if you get back to hotel after 10pm
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for your review and we appreciate your feedback. We understand that there is occasionally a shortage of parking due to our construction. We are in the end stages of this and should be freeing up some extra parking soon. We apologize for that and we hope to see you again in the near future.
3 night family trip May 15, 2015
"Dissapointed"
I stayed in this hotel because it was close to my business address meeting. Everything was Ok except stained carpet
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for the review! We apologize for our carpets not being up to GNI and your standards. We are have identified most of our older carpets and have replaced them within the last month. We are confident that you will be impressed with our upgrades the next time you stay with us. We are constantly trying to improve and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Other trip May 20, 2015
Ru
"bed sleep ever"
Had a fabulous stay and will definitely be there again in the furture.
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for the amazing review! We are glad that you had a great stay and that you had an excellent nights sleep. We just finished replacing about half of the hotels beds and I'm very glad to hear that our guests are enjoying them. Thank you again and we definitely look forward to seeing you in the future!
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
kelli
"Bad!"
The room had a bad order of cigarettes smoke, the carpets was badly stained with old gum stuck to it, the beds were old and you can feel the springs coils, the shower drain was clogged. And the hotel is under construction and the pool looked like it never has been maintain nor cleaned. It needs a whole make over and I don’t recommend anyone to stay until they remodel, clean up the mess and complete the whole make over construction. Plus it was over priced for the bad condition it’s in.
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for the review and for your feedback. We apologize for you not having the best stay with us. I will definitely follow up with our Housekeeping team to ensure our rooms always smell fresh and not like smoke. I'm a bit surprised about your experience with our beds. We have replaced all of them within the last 2 years. We have also just completed installing new carpet in about 50% of all our rooms. We are definitely trying to upgrade our property, so hopefully we make a better impression on you during your next stay.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
"Comfortable beds"
we were there for 2 nights the hotel staff was very friendly Denny's And a McDonalds right next door.. 15 minutes away from six flags, 20 minutes away from the beach perfect place
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for the amazing review! We are glad that you had a pleasant stay with us. We also feel that while we aren't in the heart of Los Angeles, there is an advantage to staying in Sylmar. We are very close to Six Flags and right off the 5 and 405 freeways. That will put you anywhere you would like to go in LA! Thanks again and hopefully, we see you soon.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Ralph E
"Bad stay...."
Rooms are very dirty and I would never stay there again ...
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing our hotel. Our cleanliness and guest comfort is our top priority and we apologize that we didn't meet your expectations. Thank you for your feedback and we will continue to try to improve.
1 night family trip May 10, 2015
"Other than some remodeling being done it was fine."
Not fancy but great for Six Flags Magic Mountain trip! Good shower nonsmoking rooms with decent queen beds. Will stay again.
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for the amazing review. We appreciate your kind words and we look forward to seeing you for next six flags trip. Our exterior renovation should be done by then and the hotel will look much better! Thanks again and have a great day.
Other trip May 12, 2015
"One night stay before cruise."
We were late getting to the hotel due to traffic and pulled in around midnight. The hotel employee and security guard were friendly and the process was easy getting my room. The room was decent and I could tell that it had been cleaned. The only down side I have is it would have been nice to have some nice coffee to grab on the way out.
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for great review. Our staff definitely appreciates your comments and will be very pleased to hear them. Our Housekeeping staff tries extremely hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and I'm glad that you noticed the room being so clean. We actually do have coffee to grab for the road in the office from 6am - 12pm. Next time you come to the hotel, please feel free to grab some!
1 night romance trip Mar 27, 2015
"Not enough beds"
Reserved a room for 3 adults and 2 children. Hotel had 2 beds only. When I asked the front desk for at least a cot I was told they did not have any cots or an extra mattress and said they could provide blankets so that I can sleep on the floor. If they did not have a room to accommodate 5 guests they should not have taken the reservation and charged for 5 guests. Other hotels will not reserve as they will flat out tell you no rooms to accommodate 5 guests.
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your reservation was for 3 adults and 2 children ages 4 and 5. Children our free when using the same bed as an adult. We apologize for any confusion and inconvenience this may have caused you and hope you give us another chance to impress you in the future.
Other trip May 11, 2015
Ray
"weekend getaway"
The room was ok, it should have at least a refrigerator in it . the Bed was comfortable. Staff was very helpfull..
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for the great review! We are glad that you had a great sleep and that our staff was helpful. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
2 night trip May 7, 2015
Edward
"Hard night."
Price was good. Bed was rock hard. After a week I need a back ajustment.
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing our hotel. We have actually replaced the majority of our beds in the last few years with pretty good results and feedback. I will work with my maintenance staff to continue to replace any older or uncomfortable beds that come up. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we will use this to improve our hotel.
4 night family trip May 4, 2015
"Easy Free Way Access"
I like staying here while I work out of town. it's close to the freeway. The room's are clean, it's in a quite area. Nice pool.
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for staying with us and for the great review! I feel that we are in a great spot because we are right off the 5 and 405, which is a straight shot to either Downtown or the Beaches. I will also share your comments with our Housekeeping and Maintenance staff. Our team tries very hard to make each guest stay the best possible and we hope to see you back in the future!
Other trip May 9, 2015
Ken
"fair"
Tiny room. No coffee maker. No breakfast. Towels thin
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for your review. While we do not have coffee makers or breakfast, we offer free coffee already made for you in the office. We are also right next door to a Denny's and across the street from a McDonalds. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.
1 night business trip Apr 11, 2015
robert
"Wait til the renovation is done!!!!"
The exterior of the hotel is under going renovations and there was a upstairs area covered by paper that a child could easily fall through to the ground. The interior rooms have old bedding and the pillows were flat.
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for the review. We are definitely going through a renovation and are actually almost finished. While the crew is working, any areas that may affect guest safety are closed off. Once they are done, we make sure that they secure the area before it is opened again to our guests. Your safety is our # 1 priority. Thank you again and hopefully we see you back once our building is complete.
2 night trip with friends May 1, 2015
Cynthia
"Sylmar Scape"
Good
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Dear Valued Guest, I wanted to personally thank you for your feedback. We are very happy that you enjoyed your time with us and I will share your comments with our staff. Hopefully we see you in the future.
1 night romance trip Apr 29, 2015
Jose
"Better then the woods"
Ok place to lay your head, little noicy outside. $4 extra for use of the internet??? Come on!
1 night business trip Apr 27, 2015
Frankie
"Unimpressed"
Hotel was under construction which blocked half of the stairways. The elevator felt like it would fall.
1 night business trip Apr 27, 2015
"Good overnight stay"
We were only at this hotel for a quick overnighter. We checked in about 11:00 PM and checked out at 6:00 AM. It was just a rest stop on our way to Southern California. We did not have an opportunity to check out the pool or any of it's other amenities. The area was quiet, the bed did not give us back pains and overall it was a good quick stay.
1 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
Ric
its was quite and the room looked like it was redone and very clean
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Nice hotel to stay for cheap price,staff excellent"
Hotel staff are very helpful and friendly, best hotel to stay for cheap price and room is clean and breakfast is also good.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
"Big Remodel project going on."
The Hotel is undergoing some much need construction updates. Was not a good time to stay there as all day till about 6pm construction taking up parking spaces. Scaffolding. Workers everywhere. I did stay in one of the remodeled rooms simple but comfortable and clean. They should be done in a few weeks. The hotel needs it.
1 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
Easy check in but they need to replace the linen. Our bed sheets had holes in them.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"Good experience!"
It's not so far from the downtown and it's easy to get there. The price was reasonable. The room was clean the neighborhood is nice and the staff friendly.
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for the awesome review! We appreciate the feedback and we are glad our hotel worked for you. Hopefully we see you back in the near future!
1 night family trip Apr 13, 2015
BEIDY
"GreatRates!"
Decent hotel.. Good rates,convenient location. Hopefully the upgrades&repairs will include microwaves&fridges in the rooms. The carpets could use some steam cleaning.
2 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
"quick stay"
I had 2 beds in the room. One bed felt worn down. No more cushion. I got what i paid for.
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for the review! We apologize for you feeling that our bed was worn down. We are always trying to replace any older furniture and I will definitely follow up with Maintenance to replace any beds that could cause our guests discomfort. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future.
1 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
Raymond
Not a good experience .rooms not cleaned properly...stuffy....
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
ca
"So so"
It was fine for the amount we paid, we didn't expect a whole lot but it was pretty run down, they were doing construction during the day so the pool could to be used all day
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for staying with us at Good Nite Inn Sylmar. We appreciate your feedback and we are glad that you felt that you received a good value for what you paid. We are definitely renovating our exterior, but we are shooting to be finished by the end of May. Our pool area should be open full time by mid May. Once they are done, I'm sure that you will be impressed with our property. Hopefully we see you again in the future!
2 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
Lindsay
"Not the best motel ever, but cheap and simple"
We were on spring break visiting Six Flags and came across this inexpensive motel. The front desk attendant was friendly and helpful. The parking lot is very limited so I suggest getting there early to get a spot. We got lucky to find the last spot when we got there around 10pm.
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for staying with us during your spring break! I am glad that our Guest Service rep. was friendly and helpful. We are currently doing an exterior renovation, so some parking spots are occupied with materials and storage containers. We are targeting to be finished by the end of the month, so that should open up some more parking spots. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future!
1 night romance trip Mar 26, 2015
"Not happy"
The hotel is ok for the price you pay . We stayed in room I think 101 and it was the noisiest room I ever stayed in due to ice machine or??? But it was impossible to sleep the whole night or relax during the day. The room has to be removed from being to be used by quests .
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
jana
"good value for your money"
We stayed two nights at this hotel and found it to be conveniently located right by the freeway, very clean and staff very friendly. Two Restaurants and two gas stations right across the street. The room was a decent size, room very clean, bed was a little uncomfortable but the staff was very helpful. Overall, it was a great stay and we will be staying there again!
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for the excellent review! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad that our staff really impressed you. While we are not a 5 star property, we strive to give our guests 5 star customer service and seeing feedback like yours really makes our day. Hopefully, we see you again in the near future!
2 night romance trip Mar 27, 2015
Ileana
"Nice hotel. .close to freeway!! Easy to find."
Easy to find. .very calm surroundings! ! Cozy and comfortable. Very quiet and awesome staff. Very helpful on giving us information to our desired locations.
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for the excellent review! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our goal is to make sure our guests are as comfortable as possible and I'm glad we achieved that. I will definitely share your comments with our staff, as they will be as happy to hear this as I was. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Letty & Adrian
"unhappy"
Not happy with the room and lack of adminities.
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for staying with us and the review. We apologize that you didn't like the amenities or room. We are actually a hotel catering to the budget traveler. We do not offer many extra amenities, but we do offer a clean room, nice environment, and friendly customer service.
2 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
dawn
"good"
good
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thanks for the awesome review! We look forward to seeing you in the future.
1 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
jose a
"close to 6 flags"
it was a great price hotel for just staying one night me and my fiancé went to 6 flags and didn't want to drive all the way home so we booked this hotel it was very comfortable and close to 6 flags
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Great review! We are so happy that the hotel met your needs. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"desappointment"
I wish they would've told me that the hotel was under construction , the place was dirty ,stinky, that place is a joke, no hair drier, no iron , in my room the night stand looked like they got it out the garbage, un believable ,total disappointment
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for staying with us. We are in the final stages of our construction here. We have replaced pretty much all of the furniture here in the hotel this month, so I will definitely have to take a look at this. Once again, we apologize that you didn't have the most enjoyable stay and we will use your feedback to improve.
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
salvador
"good nite inn"
the hotel was great ;very easy access to the freeway,gas stations....staff was pleasant, clean rooms...the 1 and only issue not enough parking, other than that, i would stay there again
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for the great review!! We appreciate the great feedback and compliments. We are in the final stages of our renovation and we will be clearing out a few more parking spots once we move the construction things out. Thank you once again.
6 night family trip Mar 9, 2015
"Not a bad price!!!"
Celebrated Grandsons 13th Birthday. Three other family members stay the same night. They all seemed pleased.No complaints. Only wish that the pool would have stayed open a little later than 10pm. This forced us to party in the room, which got over crowed and loud at times. But staff were very courteous, and considerate.
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for the review! We wish we could keep our pool open longer but anything after 10PM may interfere with our guests sleep! Thanks again though and hopefully we see you here again in the future.
1 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
"far from disney but close to universal."
Great place to stay for the money.
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for the great review! We are not too far from Universal and we are even closer to Six Flags. If you need to be near Disneyland, our sister property in Buena Park would be a great choice.
2 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
miguel
"Sylmar"
Room on smallish size, cannot open bathroom door if someone is at sink.
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for the great review! Certain rooms are shaped differently, so hopefully next time you come, we could get you a more spacious room.
3 night romance trip Mar 10, 2015
kathy
"Good value easy access"
Clean, comfortable and good location for my business trip.
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for the review! We appreciate your feedback and hopefully we see you in the future!
3 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
Toni Lee
"Not bad for the price"
Hey, for the price of this hotel it is hard to beat, our room was clean, the staff were very nice to deal with. Close to restaurant, and easy on/off freeway access. We just needed a clean place to sleep while sight-seeing and this place worked out just fine for our family of 5.
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your kind words about our staff and our cleanliness. We try very hard to make sure that our guests are happy and I am glad that you had a good stay.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
cosmo
"Ok hotel for the prize"
Close to the freeway for convenience, unfortunately you can also hear the noise of the freeway. The drains in the sink as well as the bathtub was not working well so there was a backup of water. while taking a shower. The toilet doesn't flush well either. I informed management about it and was told they will check into it.
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for the review and for staying with us. I do remember you bringing the plumbing issue to our attention and maintenance promptly corrected the situation.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"Nice area"
It was efficient and comfortable and affordable. The local hills in the area are beautiful.
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for the great review!! We appreciate the kind words and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
2 night romance trip Mar 1, 2015
Wade
"Good Nite INN"
It was a nice stay but need a frig in the room would be nice and a stopper for the bathtub
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Awesome review!! While we do not have a fridge in the room, we do have a brand new ice machine on site if you would like to keep something cool.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Hotel was descent"
Hotel was descent no complain there. My only complain was that we had loud neighbors.
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for the review. In the future, if you ever have loud neighbors, please contact the Front desk and we will resolve the situation right away.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
Spandy
"Good Hotel, great price, small details."
Good hotel for the low price, got in late, room slept 4 adults comfortably. Could use some new pillows, or ate least some extra ones. Beds were comfortable. If possible avoid room 101 & 102 the Ice and Soda Machines are pretty loud. Being from the desert we are accustomed to A/C turning on and off at night, some other people might find it bothersome. Also, we reserved for 4 Adults and still only had 3 towels in the room, these little details are not deal breakers just annoying.
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for the review! I have forwarded some of your comments to our HK department and we will definitely fix the towel and pillow situation. Hopefully we will see you back at the hotel soon!
1 night family trip Feb 26, 2015
Eduardo
"Nice hotel ,very cheap, close to every thing in la"
Great nice quiet stay. Liked it a lot.inexpensive, close to every thing. You can go to Hollywood and come back, go to Santa Monica and come back in 20 min.
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for your awesome review! While we are not in Downtown or the West side, we are perfectly situated on the 5 and 405 interchange. You are able to go anywhere you want in LA from those two freeways!
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
kd
We arrive at 3 am, but we don't have parking space. So we had to find a space to park. The bed was no flat.
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for your review! We apologize for you not being able to find parking. We are finishing up our renovation and we are definitely tight on parking. Our night staff tries to control this as best as we can, but on sold out nights, it does get a bit tougher.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
"just ok"
Parking is tight. I arrived at 11:00 pm and only one spot left. Furniture in room very old and abused. Right next to freeway. Served is purpose as a place to sleep for a early morning meeting.
Response by Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Thank you for the review! We are currently undergoing a renovation and our parking is extremely tight. Good news on the furniture though! We are replacing the majority of the hotel's furniture this month!
Other trip Feb 24, 2015