All hotels in Salinas, California, United States of America

2.9
    2.9
    2.7
    2.8
"The horribly experienced ever ."
I had a reservation for the day! I came to the office to do my check in, and I had to wait about 15 mins , when I got my key we went to the room first impression the room was not cleaning has other 3 starts hotels, the room stinks so bad I had to call to the office and ask to change my room, when I came to the office another 10 mins wait to get the new key !! I was so tired and disappointed. I would never come back to this hotel in my life really bad experience.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
lupita
"Tim"
Average hotel.
Response by Good Nite Inn Salinas
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am happy you decided to stay with us. I love the location here too. It is just close enough to enjoy places like Monterey and pebble beach, and right off the 101. I noticed your ratings were in the middle, I hope the next time you stay here we can make your stay a 10! You'll love the new TV's we just installed and soon we will be getting new carpet and beds. Hope to see you soon!
3 night trip Jan 13, 2015
Timothy
"Okay for price"
Front office accommodated room change request but some rooms very outdated and furnishings soiled - carpet soiled. Room and bathroom was clean.
1 night business trip Jan 13, 2015
"Great for the cost"
You got what you pay for. Great room for the cost.
Response by Good Nite Inn Salinas
Thank you for your comment. I hope we can make your stay a 5 next time you stay with us.
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
"not at the front desk"
Its horrible and they are con artist. They keep your money and kick you out for not paying directly to the motel.its like they penalize you for going through hotel.com
Response by Good Nite Inn Salinas
The credit card policy was intended to increase security of the property. Most cases of fraud encountered happen via third party reservations so an incidental hold is required upon check in. Bottom line, if everyone played fair, we wouldn't have to protect ourselves from them. Releases on the credit card take place when you check out; however, we have run across some cases where after a few days of paying day by day, the credit card company will extend the time it takes to get the money back on the card to protect themselves from fraud as well. Sorry if you had to wait for a refund.
1 night business trip Jan 1, 2015
Catrina
"Slept just fine"
The first room was a non smoking room and someone had smoked in it so we were able to get another room that was really smoke free. All we were doing was sleeping so it was fine.
Response by Good Nite Inn Salinas
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I Apologize for giving you a room that doesn’t meet our basic standards, and I assure you I will do everything I can to improve the experience for future guests. I believe that every guest is entitled to a clean and comfortable room with exceptional service and should leave feeling they have received an excellent value for the money paid. Thank you again for your comments. We use all feedback to help improve our service and strengthen our commitment to our customers.
1 night trip with friends Jan 3, 2015
"credit card blues"
The front desk clerk is very helpful and polite. And they tried to be understanding with my situation but the credit card authorization heals up my money and caused me a bif inconvenience. I wasn't happy at all.
Response by Good Nite Inn Salinas
I thank you for bringing these things to my attention, and I assure you that I am doing everything I can to improve the experience for future guests. Our credit card policy was intended to help bolster our security efforts. We have done some revisions on the policy after some trial and error. I am sorry for any inconvenience this period of testing may have caused. I believe that every guest is entitled to a clean and comfortable room with exceptional service. Thank you again for your comments. We use all feedback to help improve our service and strengthen our commitment to our customers.
2 night trip Dec 27, 2014
Room smelled like smoke. People talking and come in and out all night.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
"Good hotel for the price"
It was ok : I feel not in security because we were just 2 young women from France, and some strange guys were around the hotel, but in fact, it's was ok. The hotel is good for the price. I could recommand it.
Response by Good Nite Inn Salinas
Thank you for staying with us. Your security is very important to us. We work with the local police to help ensure our place stays safe. Thank you so much for your comment.
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
"for the price good"
good
Response by Good Nite Inn Salinas
Well said!! Thank you so much for your comment. Hope to see you again soon.
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
"Fair hotel on an expensive area"
A border line hotel just for sleeping, do not expect much from the breakfast
Response by Good Nite Inn Salinas
Unfortunately, we do not serve breakfast, but we do have coffee and tea in the morning. We are also only one mile away from places to eat to include Denny's, McDonalds, Burger King, Subway, Carl's Jr and El Pollo Loco. Please come and stay with us again. I am sure you would appreciate the new TV's, and improvements to the property we will be making in the near future. Thank you so much for your comment.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
Elkin
"Ok"
Cheap place if you just need a couple of hours if sleep. The elevator smells and us dirty but you get what you pay for. Not a Holiday Inn but if you're on a budget it's ok. Try to see if Motel 6 in Marina is available first. Only 20 minutes away for almost the same price but 10 times better. Not your average Motel 6 plus by the beach.
Response by Good Nite Inn Salinas
Thank you for your comment. Although not the Holiday Inn, we try our best to make each guest feel as if they have made a great investment by staying with us. I would like each of my guests to feel comfortable, safe, and satisfied with their stay. We always try to go a little above expectations, but whenever a situation arises, we will try harder to make sure any mistake we make will not be made again. Thank you for your comment and I appreciate your opinion.
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
Juan
"At Least the Staff was Nice"
Nice staff, hideous hotel, the room smelled of cheap motel and top bed covers needed laundering. The bathroom was clean. If you just need a very inexpensive place this is it. I ended going next door to the Hampton Inn and suites so I basically burned my money by booking at the Good Nite Inn.
Response by Good Nite Inn Salinas
Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will be happy to tell the staff that our customers appreciate them. We have been upgrading our rooms and will be doing more renovations this year. I think you will like the improvements we will be making and I look forward to hearing back from you after you experience the upgrades. Thank you again for your comments. We use all feedback to help improve our service and strengthen our commitment to our customers.
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
"always content"
Always choose this hotel. Wont go to any other
Response by Good Nite Inn Salinas
Thank you so much for your comment. It is a pleasure to have guests such as yourself at our property. Please come back and see us again. I will gladly show your comments to the crew and let them know their efforts are appreciated, and encourage them to work harder to please our guests. Thank you again.
1 night trip Dec 12, 2014
"Good room for a good price"
I had a really great experience. Better than other reviews. Reasonable accommodations for reasonable price. Manager Rene was very helpful and knowledgeable of the area. Staff was very friendly. Overall great stay will definitely be back.
Response by Good Nite Inn Salinas
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am happy you decided to stay with us. Please come and visit us again soon. I will pass along your review on to my crew to encourage them to keep up the good work, and remind them why we should continue to work to keep our guest happy. Thank you so much for your rating.
1 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
Angelica
"No Complaints"
My stay was enjoyable I can say I am please and i have use this hotel on numerous occasions.
1 night romance trip Dec 21, 2014
"convenient"
It was easy on off freeway close to everything
2 night trip Dec 12, 2014
Samantha
"Seems to be in a dangerous area"
Just very briefly, upon pulling into the lot, a security guard flagged me down and made me get a parking permit from the hotel counter (through a security window) to be sure I park in their lot and not the adjacent, nicer hotel's lot. You definitely got a vibe that this was not a great neighborhood. The area also smells bad from nearby agriculture. The room was comfortable but definitely in the 1.5 star range in terms of quality of furnishings, rug, etc. It did the trick for a quick stopover while passing through, but was not great.
Response by Good Nite Inn Salinas
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I Apologize for our room and service not meeting your expectations. Looking at some of the surrounding areas, I am sure you can appreciate the commitment we put into safety for our guests. We have security that personally ensures that only registered guests are on the property at night so you can rest easier. Thank you again for your comments. We use all feedback to help improve our service and strengthen our commitment to our customers.
1 night trip Dec 5, 2014
"sad"
The room was dirty. It had finger nail clippings on the floor.
Response by Good Nite Inn Salinas
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am happy you decided to stay with us. I noticed your ratings were in the middle, I hope the next time you stay here we can make your stay a 10! Hope to see you soon!
1 night family trip Dec 12, 2014
Jean
"Worst hotel ever."
This hotel was incredibly dirty and nasty. There were smokers all over the balconies so you could smell cigarette smoke in your room even if it was non-smoking, and had to walk through clouds of it every time you tried to walk anywhere. The room itself was incredibly nasty. There was dirt and crumbs all over the floor like they hadn't even bothered to vacuum it. There were MAKEUP smudges on the pillowcases and brown smudges on the sheets, seems they just make the bed but don't clean it. This was probably the most disgusting room I have stayed at in my life. Pay the extra and stay somewhere else if you care about sleeping in someone else's filth.
Response by Good Nite Inn Salinas
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I Apologize for our room and service not meeting your expectations. I will personally look into the matter and I will do everything I can to improve the experience for future guests. I believe that every guest is entitled to a clean and comfortable room with exceptional service and should leave feeling they have received an excellent value for the money paid. Thank you again for your comments. We use all feedback to help improve our service and strengthen our commitment to our customers.
1 night trip Dec 6, 2014
"simple getaway"
Was great for a simple getaway
1 night trip Dec 3, 2014
"a-ok"
Was just to get away for awhile and was convenient for my work. But the staff was helping and the beds were so comfortable minus the issue with the room next door and security.
1 night trip Dec 4, 2014
"Room smelled like urine"
The room smelled like urine and cigarette smoke. The bathtub had black stains and the bathroom floor had water stains. The television speaker was broken and the sound was fuzzy. The electricity outlet beneath the phone was broken, only one plug worked. The wall fixture that was supposed to cover the light cord fell off the wall. The elevator had mud on the floor. This property has gone downhill since the last time I stayed.
Response by Good Nite Inn Salinas
I am sorry you didn't get a room that was up to our standards. You will be happy to know we have new TV's and are getting new beds and carpets soon. Please come back and I will personally make sure you get a room you will enjoy. Thank you for your comment.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Debra
"got sleep"
Couldn't sleep due to heavy traffic and very uncomfortable bed
Response by Good Nite Inn Salinas
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I understand how you feel having a property so close to the main street, but if the room is too noisy for you, we will happily move you to the center of the hotel where it is quieter. Please come and see us again. I will personally reserve the quietest room I can possibly find for you. Thank you for your patience, and again for your comment.
1 night trip with friends Dec 5, 2014
The bath tub was clogged & the lamps near the bed didn't work. No one came to clean or give or offer fresh towels.
Response by Good Nite Inn Salinas
I am really sorry you had problems with your room. My staff is usually very good with making sure we treat our customers with respect and handle any issue we can for you. Please come and see us again. I will personally make sure you get a room that you are happy with and proper service for your stay. Thank you so much for your comments.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
"Excellent staff"
Booked this at last minute on tiring drive up 101 on Black Friday and was very pleased - staff were very helpful and friendly, room was clean and bed very comfortable - very good value!
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
Margaret
"Great Price for the Area"
I enjoyed my stay, the Inn was what was advertised. Not having the amenities was great because I always have mine with me. Housekeeping was very personable and helpful. I traveled alone and being a woman, it was nice that I was put near the office on the ground floor. I did not feel unsafe at anytime. Parking could be a little better, but in the back they have a huge parking lot. Overall I would recommend this Inn to a traveler who does not want to pay the outrageous prices on the Monterrey Peninsula.
Response by Good Nite Inn Salinas
Thank you so much for staying with us. It's true, we do save on not having too many amenities, but we happily pass those savings onto you. Come see us again soon and see the new TV's carpets and beds we have coming soon. I will be happy to let the housekeeping staff read your comment. I'm sure it will make their day. Thank you again for your comment.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Yolanda
Eventing was great , no complains .
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
"unexpected changes"
i found this hotel alittle better than expected. i didnt find any of the troubles that were listed in the previous reviews of the parking lot. apparently they have hired a security person that works at night. i also found the people who work in the office to be helpful and courteous. i had a good stay!
Response by Good Nite Inn Salinas
Thank you so much for your comment. We are trying our best to make the property as pleasant for our guests as possible. I am so happy that it is making a positive difference. Please feel free to come see us again, I would personally like to thank you for your comment.
jeff
"nice"
felt save around places have truck drivers stopping by but its pretty safe no problem hotel staff was very helpful and nice
Response by Good Nite Inn Salinas
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay here. We have several truck drivers who stay with us regularly and we try to make sure we keep up a nice clean and safe environment for all. Please come and visit us again soon. I will pass along your review on to my crew to encourage them to keep up the good work, and remind them why we should continue to work to keep our guest happy. Thank you so much for your rating.
3 night business trip Nov 6, 2014
"Hygene"
The restroom requires more cleaning
1 night family trip Nov 2, 2014
To noisy specially at night and a lot of drunk people
Response by Good Nite Inn Salinas
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I apologize for having noisy people on the property for the night of Halloween. We tried to keep it as quiet as possible for you, but you are right, there were a few people we had a little trouble with. Thank you for your patience, and again for your comment.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
"Slow housekeeping but good value for the price"
Arrived at 9.30am and asked for an early check-in. I was prepared to pay any extra cost. No rooms available, I was told to come back after 12pm. Returned at 3.30pm and was checked in. Arrived at my room but housekeeping had not yet cleaned it. Returned to Reception and was assigned a different room. I was tired and didn't appreciate the journey back and forth in the elevator to the 3rd floor each time. However, the correct room was very clean and smelled fresh. The bed was comfortable and I had no further complaints.
Response by Good Nite Inn Salinas
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay here. Our housekeepers are more dedicated to clean rooms than speed, but I will make sure they clean in a timely manor. I am happy you decided to stay with us. I will pass along your review on to my crew to encourage them to keep up the good work, and remind them why we should continue to work to keep our guest happy. Thank you so much for your rating.
1 night trip Oct 26, 2014
Joanne
"QUIET AND RELAXING"
EVERY SUNDAY I BOOK A ROOM DUE TO MY WORK SCHEDULE AND EVERYTIME I GET A GOOD DEAL AT THE GOOD NITE INN.THEY HAVE A GREAT STAFF MARIA SHE IS ALWAYS SO HELPFUL.
Response by Good Nite Inn Salinas
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay here. I am happy you decided to stay with us. I will pass along your review on to my crew to encourage them to keep up the good work, and remind them why we should continue to work to keep our guest happy. Thank you so much for your rating.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
yesenia
"stay away"
Jeg vil aldrig vende tilbage og kan ikke anbefale dette hotel.
Response by Good Nite Inn Salinas
would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We use all feedback to help improve our service and strengthen our commitment to our customers.
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
"FILTHY, FILTHY PLACE."
WE ARRIVED AROUND NOON IN L.A. FROM AN OVERNIGHT FLIGHT FROM HAWAII, WE ARE ALL SENIORS, MY MOTHER IN LAW 89 YRS..WE GOT OFF THE PLACE AT 5.30AM AND DROVE TO SALINAS.....WE ASKED AT RECEPTION IF WE COULD GET INTO THE ROOM A LITTLE EARLIER AS WE WERE ALL VERY TIRED ESPECIALLY MY MOTHER IN LAW. VERY COLD AND RUDE WAS THE RECEPTIONIST AND IMMEDIATLEY SAID "NO" EVEN WHEN WE OFFERED TO PAY EXTRA....WE CAME BACK AT 3.15PM TO ANOTHER RECEPTIONIST {MALE} EQUALLY AS RUDE AND TO THE POINT OF COLDNESS AS HE CHECKED US IN...I ASKED HIM IF WE COULD HAVE A LOWER FLOOR AS 2 OF US ARE HANDICAPPED..HE TOTALLY IGNORED MY REQUEST AND GAVE US ROOM KEYS WHICH WERE ON TOP FLOOR AND AT THE BACK..ELEVATOR WAS AT FRONT..............NOW THE ROOM FOLKS.......CARPET ALL STAINED AND WRINKLED / SMELLY....WHITE SHEETS WERE DINGY YELLOW...BED COMFORTER HAD MANY BROWN BODY STAINS ON THE BACK CLEARLY OF PEOPLE AND WAS ALSO DINGY/SMELLY...NO FRIDGE/COFFE MACHINE...T,V, OLDER THAN MYSELF..REMOTE DIDNT WORK AT ALL....PICTURE BRIGHT RED...WENT DOWN TO LOBBY FOR COFFEE IN A.M...MET THE SAME RUDE LADY WHO SAID NOTHING TO ME NOT EVEN GOODMORNING..I ASKED HER IF THERE WAS A TRAY I COULD USE AS I WAS CARRYING 3 COFFEES...WASTE OF TIME SHE SAID "NO".....I WILL NEVER STAY AT A PLACE LIKE THIS AGAIN WE WERE THERE 2 NIGHTS..MOTEL 6 HAS THIS PLACE BEAT BY A LONG SHOT...I SAW IT ON LINE AND IT LOOKED NICE ON OUTSIDE...AND DOES SO WHEN U DRIVE UP.BUT BEWARE OF THE INSIDE FOLKS...ITS DREADFUL.
Response by Good Nite Inn Salinas
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I Apologize for giving you a room that doesn’t meet our basic standards, and I assure you I will do everything I can to improve the experience for future guests. I believe that every guest is entitled to a clean and comfortable room with exceptional service and should leave feeling they have received an excellent value for the money paid. I will speak with the representatives you encountered and share your comments with them. Although I think this a horrible for you to experience this, it may help to get them to realize how their words and actions effect the people we serve. Thank you again for your comments. We use all feedback to help improve our service and strengthen our commitment to our customers.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
PAULA
"Review"
All in all good value for the price. If you expect more you prob have to pay more. Changed the room once, next to the electrical generator was just too loud. Try to avoid room 109. Later we noticed, the the toilet flush did not work and that they had some water pressure issues anyway.
Response by Good Nite Inn Salinas
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I understand our toilet did not work well for your room. We will take care of that immediately. I know the elevator can be a little noisy, but I am happy my staff was able to assist you. I am happy to pass along such positive comments to let them know that their work is appreciated. Thank you again for your comments. We use all feedback to help improve our service and strengthen our commitment to our customers.
1 night business trip Oct 4, 2014
Pat
"low class is low class."
The Hotel is clean and well maintained. I would have been willing to pay a little more and have a breakfast. I was given the directions to Denny's. Absolutely the worst Denny's I have ever been to. I ordered a breakfast to go that came with pancakes and was given no butter and 5 packages of ketchup to put on them. I ate the eggs and bacon but threw away the pancakes.
Response by Good Nite Inn Salinas
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay here, but I'm sorry your breakfast wasn't up to standard. I will pass along your review on to my crew to encourage them to keep up the good work, and I'll try to find a more suitable place to refer our customers to get breakfast. Thank you so much for your rating.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
"dirty room, dirty mattress"
We booked for 5 nights and stayed only one. The bed was lumpy and hard, the mattress had visible stains and the bathroom was dirty. The carpet was...well, we wore shoes rather than step on it. The place needs remodeling desperately.
5 night trip Sep 23, 2014
Carolyn
"In need of repair"
The bath room walls had been patched due to an obvious water leak. The repair was done poorly and the mold was obvious . I will not stay there again nor recommend it to anyone. Do to the jazz festival rooms in the area were hard to find.
Response by Good Nite Inn Salinas
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I understand our repair to the ceiling was a concern for you. We will take care of that immediately. Thank you again for your comments. We use all feedback to help improve our service and strengthen our commitment to our customers.
1 night family trip Sep 20, 2014
Horrible
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Not the Four Seasons, but..."
Only stayed for an overnight stop, so the room was fine for my needs - very reasonably priced, and the facilities were clean. The bed was comfortable, which what I was primarily needing. Downsides: The florescent light over the sink counter needed repair or replacement - would go on only sporadically, but mostly remained dark (annoying). Maintenance/repair not pristine, but OK. Bath towels were small, and mine was the scratchiest I ever encountered in a hotel - obviously old. Otherwise, OK.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
Dee Dee
"NEVER Again, VERY DIRTY!"
I am one of those who always reads hotel reviews with a grain of salt but for real this place was just gross. I am not an overly picky travelers that will cry my room is not big enough but when there is hair in the shower that is just beyond ewwww! The bed was very uncomfortable, sheets looks really old and stained, and forget the carpet you are brave if you walk around barefoot. I had to wear my shoes everywhere it was not nasty and forget even taking a shower... sad to pay $60 bucks and can not even showers. I don't expect the Ritz for $60 but a clean place to sleep and shower is NOT what you get here. Looks really nice from the outside which is very deceiving but inside is very run down.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
A
"just by the Highway"
Not good at all. Old and the beds sheets and conforter were very old including carpet and paint was very slopping. . Would never stay there again.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Sylvia
"Not a clean hotel"
The room were not vacuum cleaned and the bathrooms were also not clean. The rooms looked very old and worn out. Outdated stuff in the rooms. Needs to be renovated. The low price was not even worth staying there. I will never stay there again. Very disappointing. I rather drive a few more miles and find a better hotel to stay at.
1 night trip with friends Sep 10, 2014
Lydia
"Good Basic Service"
Provides a good clean room, very basic with no frills. However, an excellent price for a good nights sleep.
5 night trip Aug 31, 2014
Rob F.
"budget stay"
I picked this motel mainly because of the price and the convenience of the location from i needed to be. overall, i felt safe during my two night stay. the room was kept clean, albeit it is in serious need of repair/remodeling. the swimming pool was dirty and full of dried leaves. if you need just a place to crash during the night then I would go for this motel.
2 night trip with friends Sep 5, 2014
"Terrible experience - Dump hole"
We arrived at night and we had to check in trough a night window. That already tells you how 'nice' the area is... The room was old and smelly. The bed had a plastic on the mattes that kept making noises all night. The bedroom was dirty and there was a used towel on the shower. I decided to shower with my flip flops on! The window is so thin that you can hear every single noise on the street. The TV is an antique and should be in a museum... I wouldn't recommend it to anybody. I couldn't wait for the morning to come to leave that hole ASAP!
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
"Nice hotel and staff. Good place sleep."
I had a good experience. The hotel old but clean and comfortable when you are looking for a good place to sleep.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
MG
I didn't feel safe during my stay...
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014