All hotels in Taos, New Mexico, United States of America
233 Paseo Del Pueblo Sur, Taos, NM, 87571, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.6
"Not awesome"
We love Taos and have stayed there a number of times because it is close to our house and beautiful. This pace was not. It worked for what we needed, but the hotel was old and unkempt. The room was a wreck and the chairs were stained. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful and the location was great for walking down town.
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
Chelsea
"Great place!"
Indian hills was beautifully located and the room and bed were very comfy. Their continental breakfast could be better but that's it! Great place to stay and allowed our dogs!
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
"Very poor"
The place was filthy. The chair had dried stains all over it. I didnt want to sit in it. Holes in the curtains, patched with duct tape. Frayed carpeting. Stains on carpet. I would be embarrassed to stay open.
1 night business trip Jun 17, 2015
"Ain't fancy but met my needs."
The hotel served my purposes perfectly. Close to downtown, perfect for walking too. No issues, a little dated but no issues.
2 night trip Jun 11, 2015
Stephen
"Decent stay, overall"
Compared to my nightmarish stay at Whitten Inn, this felt like heaven. Top bedsheets had holes from wear, but you could tell the sheets were CLEAN. The mattresses and pillows were super comfy, and you could tell the towels were new (and clean). I guess the only fault would have been with the bathtub, where lots of rust was happening at the drain, but I showered so this didn't affect me. I saw three creepy crawlies at night, but as far as I can tell, they didn't get into my things... Factually, none were bigger than my pinky nail, but I hate bugs so yeah. And factually, I ended up with a crazy bugbite during my overnight stay at Whitten Inn, but no bugbites during my two-night stay here. The innkeeps were super warm and friendly, so that was nice. For some reason, two queens were cheaper to book than a single bed, so they upgraded me for free when they realized I was really only there by myself. They also told me to let them know if I wanted/needed to change rooms and they'd be cool with that.
1 night business trip Jun 8, 2015
"Taos"
When you're in town be sure to eat at Michael's Kitchen
1 night trip with friends May 14, 2015
"Do not stay here"
The hotel was very dirty with cobwebs, the carpet was dirty and torn, the room smelled dirty and the camode ran constantly. The continental breakfast was cold and not what you would expect. For the price I expected better quality. Definitely not as advertised.
Other trip May 18, 2015
day
"taos motel"
All good, very well located in Toas NM, older but well maintained motel
1 night trip Mar 28, 2015
Jay and Ann
"Great location and save money for skiing."
The staff was really friendly and helpful. Great price for the area if you are on a budget. The continental breakfast is very minimal.
3 night trip with friends Feb 26, 2015
"Dont stay at Indian Hills"
This hotel used to be a favorite stay of mine. However throughout the course of just a few years (2) the condition of the hotel has fallen, and the overall services there were poor. Will not stay there again.
2 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
Gabriel
"Beautiful and the staff and location was excellent"
Wonderful!!! Great place to stay as well as a great way to start your day!
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
"Great Service!"
The staff at the hotel is AMAZING! Great service and everyone is super friendly!
1 night trip with friends Feb 14, 2015
Cherie
"Very bad; overpriced"
We come to Taos often for the past 5-6 years; this was the worst hotel experience so far. Hotel is in a VERY bad condition, rooms are in need of repair (too many things to list), bed linens are falling apart and are decades old, pillows are even worse, breakfast is bad.... and they are charging more than $90 per room, which is comparable to some MUCH better places nearby in Taos. Will never stay here again. Would be fine if the room price was $30, so you get what you pay for.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"I was switched from room 109 to 121 because..."
We want our money back! This was the first time we've ever visited Taos, NM. I regret ever choosing this hotel. First night, we stayed at room 109. The room was very FILTHY. The ceilings had cob webs. The bathroom was dirty. We were tired from our 11 hour drive & desired to take a shower, but were afraid of stepping into the dirty bathtub. We had to put toilet paper on top of the toilet seat. I asked for a refund, but the night receptionist told me to come back the next morning about it. But, she offered me another room. Room 108 was FILTHIER. Also, she offered a room w/a king size bed, but we stayed in room 109. Next morning, Tom (part of hotel staff) stated that room 109 is old. He denied granting me any kind of refund due to the holiday season & the going nightly rate for hotels in the area. He, instead, offered us a room w/a king size bed & a roller bed for my 2 daughters. So, the next 2 nights, we stayed in room 121 which was better than room 109. But, the room had a dysfunctional fireplace. So, we were offered another room by a maintenance man, but we declined because we simply didn't want to move all of our stuff to another room. We asked the front office to borrow a hairdryer twice. Both times it was promised, but it was never delivered. The staff seemed rather nice, but the condition of the facility couldn't deliver a nice experience to us. Of course, we tried to really focus on the mountains & the snow-& not on a very poor $165.00 a night room.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Ariel
"Worst motel ever!!"
Lobby had sign no refunds! No toiletries no coffee in room! No soda in machine! Permanent resident above thrrew chicken bones in courtyard ! We left & went to a nicer place! Don't stay there !
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Sorry your stay was not what you deserved and expected. We changed management shortly after your stay and positive results and comments are already occurring. We've weeded out most long term Guests (those causing our good traveling Guests problems. Thanks for taking the time to share your and our problems. We will correct them!
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
fellow traveler
"Cute hotel with nice back yard."
Overall the hotel is ran down. You can see peeling on the outside and the toilet seat was losing paint. The room was very clean and comfortable otherwise. The continental breakfast was not much but you get what you pay for.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Cindafer
"Close to action but not a winner"
Room wasn't cleaned before second night... but towels were removed. Room was worn, with paper-thin walls (neighbors' conversations were clearly audible). Front desk staff was unhelpful.
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
The quality of service you received was not what we intend to offer. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Because of problems along the lines you experienced, we made a manager change in December 2014. We've worked with all staff in all departments to better serve you our Guest.
2 night business trip Oct 3, 2014
"Room smelled, ceiling falling, did not stay."
The room smelled like old cigarettes or mold, ceiling falling in, window in disrepair. We were not able to stay there. And, it is not on the Plaza. Could not recommend this place to my friends, and I can't believe we were put in this place. Expedia apparently did not check out this place prior to making our reservations.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
"Hotel is in serious need of repairs."
The beds and bathrooms were clean so we went ahead and stayed there however we would not book there again.
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Thanks for your comments glad the beds and room were cleaned to your expectations, and sorry we didn't better meet your needs. Hope we get a chance to better serve you next Taos trip.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Sherron
Awful needs major upgrades will never stay there again and will never refer anyone.
2 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2014
"Indian hills"
Bad dirty unpleasant uncomproble and dissatisfied and ruined are vacatiom
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
john doe
"Rather run down"
The Inn while conveniently located it was run down. Stains on the walls along with cobwebs, I would not stay there again.
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
"Nope!"
This place was gross! The toilet seat was chipping, there were ants in the bathroom, the room (and even outside) smelled like smoke and mold even though this claims to be a non-smoking hotel, and the breakfast area was DISGUSTING! We brought this to the attention of the front desk staff (whom one of the men we think was the owner) and he said they clean the room every morning. This was an out-right lie. This was our second morning there and I guarantee the film of gunk on the trash can and coffee maker hadn't been cleaned in weeks. And although it's a small inconvenience, there were no shampoos/lotions available and when we asked one of the staff members said "the owner is too cheap to buy them." I felt like the staff couldn't care less about the condition of the property or the comfort of their guests. I will say though, the beds were comfortable and for a very short drive, it was in an excellent location just outside of the Taos plaza and galleries. But I would pay a little more for somewhere else if I were you!!
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Thanks for writing a review. Sorry we did not meet your expectations. We are a mostly non smoking property BUT can't sit in the rooms with the Guests so some do as they please. Owner was not involved in your report but I'll ask the front desk team to be more attentive to Guest questions/comments. The front desk team usually gets the best reviews. Thanks for your business.
2 night trip with friends Jul 1, 2014
"Terrible housekeeping, Old Dated Room"
The front desk was pleasant. The housekeeping was horrendous. They took our towels in the morning and when we returned after midnight, we had no towels. We called for towels in the morning and they weren't delivered until 10 minutes before checkout. The lobby is nice, we heard we should skip breakfast, which we did. The room had old torn curtains, an old TV. I wouldn't stay here again and would not recommend it to others.
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
A bit in need of TLC but staff was very friendly, helpful and informative
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
THANKS for your business, review, and kind words. Far too many happy Guests (over 90%) never make any comments. Our staff usually earns good accolades.
1 night trip Jun 12, 2014
"You get what you pay for..."
This is our second stay at this hotel...it could definitely use some basic maintenance...painting, lights, drapes (if you want to call them that). Stairwells are dark and dirty...exterior doors need staining/sealing and exterior lighting is needed...many burned out lights. Lobby is the best part of the hotel. It could be much better with a bit of investment by management.
1 night trip Jun 2, 2014
"Beware of carpet"
The first room we were given had a strong cigarette odor. After complaining and being told "that's all there is," the manager relented and let us have another room. That one did not have the cigarette odor, but was still worn and dirty with stains on carpet, upholstered chair, and shower curtain.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2014
Juana
Good value for the price. Staff was especially nice.
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Our team of Associates very much appreciates your 4 star rating!
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
"It is on the main street"
Kind of satisfied. Good to make an overnight stay
1 night trip May 27, 2014
"un-punctual hotel staff"
The hotel location was good. It was located by the Taos plaza and a grocery store, but the hotel staff were not acceptable. They were not punctual at all. The hotel lobby was supposed to open at 7 and so was the breakfast, but it was locked and nobody there. They open the lobby around 7:30. It seemed to be okay for them to check cellphones when they were talking to customers.
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Thanks for your business and review. Sorry the team of Associates failed to meet the test.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"A place to stay"
The rooms are alright the front desk is great overall its alright
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
We all appreciate your taking the time to comment. Glad to hear our front desk team hit the mark. See you soon!
3 night business trip May 8, 2014
"Not great"
Old hotel, not in great shape, don't bother with the breakfast. Good location close to the square. Not worth much more that $50/night. Cool courtyard area.
1 night business trip Apr 17, 2014
"bottom rung"
makes motel 6 look good.
1 night trip Mar 28, 2014
buck
"Book directly with hotel."
I paid $30 more per night by booking through Expedia. WTH. Hotel is very basic but is fine.
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Appreciate your posting a review and for your business.
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
This motel was recommended in one of the traveller's books, we also looked at the pictures online, the motel pictures seem to be very nice, so we went ahead to book it online.But it turned out to be a very disappointing experience. First, after we put all our luggage into the room, my kids took off their shoes in the room and noticed that their socks started to get wet. I touched the carpets with hand and found out them were all wet, and there was a bad smell coming from the carpet. We immediately called the front desk, nobody answered the call, so my husband went to the lobby. He eventually got the key to a different room, and the answer to the wet carpet was that they shampooed it this morning. This motel offered free breakfast, so the next morning we went to the breakfast room. The choice was very limited. The drink machine was broken so there was no juice or milk.
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
family from TX
"Never again"
The front desk attendant was not very friendly (we were inconveniencing her while she was spending time with her boyfriend), and she sent us away to our room. The room was less than clean. The heating system was falling off the wall, the curtains were duck taped where there were holes, the lampshades on the walls (the two mounted on the walls next to the beds) had melted and never been replaced, one of the lamps did not even have a bulb, and the smoke detector was detached, hanging from the ceiling. The main, free-standing lamp was covered in dust and cobwebs with scattered holes in the lampshade; every single pillow was covered in stains, so I used my sweatshirt as a pillow instead (picture included); the carpet was coming up from the floor--there were holes in the carpet along the walls. There were hairs on the floor in the bathroom; there were stains in the bathtub (we did not shower during this stay...). The walls had stains and badly patched holes. Disappointing would say the very, very least.
Other trip Nov 19, 2013
Bryan
"Better places in town for same price"
The exterior of hotel is dreadful, huge potholes in parking lot, difficult getting in and out of parking lot, rundown looking. Inside the rooms are okay and clean. No fridge or hairdryers, lights very dim making room seem dark at all times.
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Thanks for your business and comments. Sorry we didn't meet your expectations. Our team's efforts are to provide friendly Guest oriented service. The dim lighting is an area we can easily address and we'll do so.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"Convenient location, friendly staff."
Stayed in Taos as a "home base" this trip. Took day trips to Chama and Santa Fe. Beautiful area for photos at dusk and dawn, especially. Love New Mexican style Mexican food throughout the area.. No "Tex-Mex". Just like "left" and "right" in a car, I am used to to the same in bathtubs/showers. However, the hot/cold in the bathtub seemed backward to us. We even changed rooms, but finally discovered it was "operator error". (Cold, left; hot, right.) As with much of Taos, parking can be a little challenging. Finding the Indian Hills south driveway after dark requires close attention. It is near a traffic light but has no access to the side road. Not a problem, just a little odd. I learned after missing the turn only once. And driving to/from parking to lobby requires slipping around the corner on the shoulder of the road. There is room, and it is safe, just drive slowly. Rooms are in the process if being updated, and it shows. Our room was clean and fresh. Staying at Indian Hills is a good balance between convenience and cost. We will consider staying there next year, as well.
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Thanks for your review. Glad we met most of your needs. Our Associates work hard to help Guests enjoy their Taos experience and we all appreciate your business and taking the time to comment!
Other trip Oct 26, 2013
"Great Location - Old Accomodations"
This hotel is very old and run down. Really needs renovations, but the location is ideal. Only a short walk to the Plaza (some of it on sidewalk, some of it not). It was "liveable", but not nice.
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
We appreciate your review. Our strongest claim to fame is our convenient downtown location. Hope we continually improve our accommodations and meet your needs even better next visit.
Other trip Oct 19, 2013
"Needs Cleaning"
Location was nice but needs a major cleaning. There was boogers on the wall near the bed and the toilet seat was cracked and pealing.
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Thanks for the comments and review. I apologize for a room being as you described. Although we are not a deluxe property, the dirtiness is NOT the level of cleanliness that we intend to provide. I hope you spoke with the front desk when you were there so we could address the specific room. Give us another chance and we will better meet your needs.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2013
"Big room, very comfortable king size bed, views"
check in was easy professional and very helpful aquainting us with things to do during our 4 day stay in Taos
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
We all appreciate both your business and your review. Glad we were able to be your "tour guides" and hope you'll include Taos and Indian Hills Inn, Taos Plaza again in your travel plans.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
great location, good price, though it seems as if there is a disturbing "resident" welfare population with many dogs and lots of smoking and sitting around.
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Thanks for your review and observations. Our two most common comments are about the great location and our always reasonable values. As a pet friendly hotel, we do sometimes have a number of pets. Since most our rooms are non smoking, smokers do spend time outside huffing and puffing. Our numerous easy chairs on the porches and grassy courtyard are there for Guests to enjoy.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2013
jimmy
"Garden is a quiet oasis"
In the midst of the traffic and bustle of close-to-the-Plaza Taos, the garden is a beautiful, quiet escape. But bring your own hangers and go out for breakfast.
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Thanks for your review. Our central courtyard is a great selling point and Guest comments are positive.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2013
Carolyn
"close to plaza"
clean and cozy. very private. nice place to sit and relax outside.
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Our team appreciates your business!
2 night romance trip Jul 29, 2013
"Indian Hills @ Taos NM"
the hotel was located in a perfect spot The courtyard and pool was a bonus I did not anticipate on
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
I appreciate your comments. Hope we see you again!
2 night trip Aug 2, 2013
"Overpriced"
Rooms were musty smelling and old. Sheets even smelled sweaty. More like a $50 hotel for twice the price... definitely would not recommend.
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
"Friendly Staff, Clean rooms"
We were pleased two years earlier when we had stayed at Indian hills and decided to stay again on this vacation. Again we were pleased with price, room and staff. Would highly recommend.
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Thank you for your comments. Our "claims to fame" are Location, Quality, Comfort, Service, & Value". You sort of hit them all! Hope we see you again.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2013
Susie
"Extremely Disappointing"
In 30+ years of traveling, I have never stayed at a hotel in such horrible condition. Online reviews were mixed, but for the rate we paid per night we expected a clean room in good condition. Instead, we were provided a room with worn/dirty carpeting, holes in the wall, a toilet seat that was worn, chipped and dirty, along with a filthy phone, and a dank smell (we even took photos to document the condition). When we expressed concern, the owner agreed to show us one of the updated rooms, with only one king bed (we had reserved 2 queens). While the bathroom was cleaner than the original room, the carpeting was worn and dirty along with the now familiar dank/damp smell. He agreed to adjust our "non refundable" reservation to a single night. When asked how long he had owned the property, he said "oh I'm a short timer, just 38 years". Sorry, but in 38 years, this hotel could have used a bit of maintenance and updating. We did not feel comfortable, nor safe in this hotel. Really a shame for a nice town like Taos and very disappointing. As a result, our visit to Taos was cut short and we found other things to do elsewhere. We appreciate that the owner worked with us, but the hotel conditions were less than acceptable.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
"Do NOT stay here!!!"
Disgusting room, not clean, horribly dated, gross clientel. Don't be fooled by the pictures which make it look like a reasonable budget hotel. They should just bulldoze this dump and start over.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2013
"Run-Down"
This hotel needs a lot of TLC. For example, the curtains were stained and had holes and the toilet seat coating was badly flaking. We were sorry we had booked it and wanted to leave as soon as possible the next morning. The hotel is within walking distance of the Plaza and the people at the desk were pleasant but that did not offset the condition of the room.
1 night trip Jul 14, 2013