All hotels in Taos, New Mexico, United States of America
233 Paseo Del Pueblo Sur, Taos, NM, 87571, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Ordinary amenities
    Room is not nice
    Dirty
    Bad breakfast
    Bad internet service
  • Bar
    Bar is not good
"Great deal, clean and friendly"
Very clean and quiet, no frills kind of place. Would definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Dec 7, 2015
"No frills but adequate; great location"
Nothing fancy, and furnishings are well-used, but the staff was great, the location was perfect for walking to/around the plaza and it has a lovely, restive courtyard - all at a decent rate. We were pleased, especially with the memory-foam mattresses!
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Thanks for your review. Our two most common comments are great location and excellent Associates. Hope we see you again soon. We do appreciate your referrals direct to our 800#!
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2015
"Ready for a remodel"
This used to be a fairly nice hotel. The grounds are large and the rooms are really old, with little done to update them. The cable connection for the room was duct taped to the floor and ran across the room! Never saw that before. It's just old and ready for a tear down or serious remodel. But cheap!
1 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2015
"Okay but needs renovation"
Door had a Crack in it. Toilet leaked. Room smelled funky. Found a bug on my pillow. Needs improvement. Renovation. But it had comfortable beds and the price was good until hotels.Com added Fees. Could have gone to Days Inn for same price possibly better room.
1 night business trip Sep 29, 2015
"Did not stay after the first look at the room."
This was supposedly an upgrade from the original booking. First the hotel staff was washing a car under the canopy of the place. My paperwork was on the desk in plain view of anyone coming to the counter. The attendant came from out of nowhere while talking to her boyfriend or husband while looking for a room situation. Once I got directions to the room I parked the car (no lighting on a dirt lot with weeds growing along the building and access area). Our room once opened smelled musty and very drab. Furnishings were worn and draperies were tattered at best. We checked the bed (as we always do) seems okay but again very old and dated. Base boards of raw lumber walls marked and scraped. Restroom ceiling vent uncovered showing built up dust on the fixture that resonated very loudly. Then there was loud music coming through the wall from next door which by the way had their door standing wide open and thumping music. There is no way we could have slept in this room and chose to leave after about 3 minutes.
Other trip Sep 22, 2015
Lloyd
"Not awesome"
We love Taos and have stayed there a number of times because it is close to our house and beautiful. This pace was not. It worked for what we needed, but the hotel was old and unkempt. The room was a wreck and the chairs were stained. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful and the location was great for walking down town.
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Thank you for your business and review. Two key reasons people choose us are location and "tour guide" like Guest service. Sorry we didn't meet your expectations on cleanliness & updates.
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
Chelsea
"Great place!"
Indian hills was beautifully located and the room and bed were very comfy. Their continental breakfast could be better but that's it! Great place to stay and allowed our dogs!
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Thanks for your business and taking the time to write a review! Our team works hard to meet Guest needs. Our location is the primary reason choose us. Our "tour guide" like Guest service is another reason. Thanks again! See you next time.
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
"Very poor"
The place was filthy. The chair had dried stains all over it. I didnt want to sit in it. Holes in the curtains, patched with duct tape. Frayed carpeting. Stains on carpet. I would be embarrassed to stay open.
1 night business trip Jun 17, 2015
"Ain't fancy but met my needs."
The hotel served my purposes perfectly. Close to downtown, perfect for walking too. No issues, a little dated but no issues.
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Thanks for your business & comments. We have Taos best location, offer better than average Guest service, are told our beds are excellent, and always are among the most reasonable price wise. Hope we earn your repeat business and referrals.
2 night trip Jun 11, 2015
Stephen
"Decent stay, overall"
Compared to my nightmarish stay at Whitten Inn, this felt like heaven. Top bedsheets had holes from wear, but you could tell the sheets were CLEAN. The mattresses and pillows were super comfy, and you could tell the towels were new (and clean). I guess the only fault would have been with the bathtub, where lots of rust was happening at the drain, but I showered so this didn't affect me. I saw three creepy crawlies at night, but as far as I can tell, they didn't get into my things... Factually, none were bigger than my pinky nail, but I hate bugs so yeah. And factually, I ended up with a crazy bugbite during my overnight stay at Whitten Inn, but no bugbites during my two-night stay here. The innkeeps were super warm and friendly, so that was nice. For some reason, two queens were cheaper to book than a single bed, so they upgraded me for free when they realized I was really only there by myself. They also told me to let them know if I wanted/needed to change rooms and they'd be cool with that.
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Thanks so much for your comments and business. Glad we met your expectations. The single bed rooms are newer than the two queen bed rooms, hence, a higher price. Hope you'll come back again and send us your referrals! Thanks!!!
1 night business trip Jun 8, 2015
"Nostalgia and extra serving of customer service"
This hotel reminded me of the hotels my family would stay at on road trips when I was a child. It has a sense of nostalgia that made it feel like home. It is an older facility so you can hear the muffled voices of your neighbors but for me, it added to the charm. Everything was clean and the tv looked fairly new (I never turned it on). It has a wonderful grassed courtyard with a five-sided chiminea that the rooms overlook and we were even able to enjoy a late night fire there. It has a pool but I didn't bring my swim suit so I did not get a chance to check it out. All the staff bent over backwards to accommodate any requests we had and were a pleasure to talk to. Close to the galleries and restaurants, if you are looking for a basic place to stay for a good price with a friendly staff, stay here!
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
Valerie
"Last minute booking turns out great!!!"
These people were SO NICE, it was a pleasure to give them our business. Every request was fulfilled quickly and cheerfully. They made us feel like family, which was a contrast to the hotel down the street where we had just abandoned our 4-day booking. If you go to Taos, these folks will take good care of you and make you feel like a valued customer!
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
Anita
"Taos"
When you're in town be sure to eat at Michael's Kitchen
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
We mention Michael's on our Facebook page often. Be careful of their bakery offerings ;-) Thanks for your business and review.
1 night trip with friends May 14, 2015
"Do not stay here"
The hotel was very dirty with cobwebs, the carpet was dirty and torn, the room smelled dirty and the camode ran constantly. The continental breakfast was cold and not what you would expect. For the price I expected better quality. Definitely not as advertised.
Other trip May 18, 2015
day
"taos motel"
All good, very well located in Toas NM, older but well maintained motel
1 night trip Mar 28, 2015
Jay and Ann
"Stay away..."
Hotels.com should check the hotels or at least do a background check before listing a hotel. I was charged 90 bucks for this piece of **** place. This hotel is not even worth 20 bucks. Rooms are old, outdated and filthy. Light switches won't work and upon demanding a refund, I was told that I could be placed in a nicer room. Why the heck that did not happen in the first place? Shady place, don't stay here. And now hotels.com wants me to put PG language here.
1 night trip Apr 18, 2015
"Nice staff"
The staff and owner/manager were great. The breakfast, didn't get it, nothing there when we arrived. Stayed two nights.Was fairly quiet the first night. The second night people above us super loud. There were poop stains on the toilet when we got the room. Also had to pick up broken glass throughout the rug. The rooms need a good deep cleaning. It doesn't cost them anymore to super clean the rooms, so why not?
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
"Great location and save money for skiing."
The staff was really friendly and helpful. Great price for the area if you are on a budget. The continental breakfast is very minimal.
3 night trip with friends Feb 26, 2015
"Dont stay at Indian Hills"
This hotel used to be a favorite stay of mine. However throughout the course of just a few years (2) the condition of the hotel has fallen, and the overall services there were poor. Will not stay there again.
2 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
Gabriel
"Beautiful and the staff and location was excellent"
Wonderful!!! Great place to stay as well as a great way to start your day!
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
"Great Service!"
The staff at the hotel is AMAZING! Great service and everyone is super friendly!
1 night trip with friends Feb 14, 2015
Cherie
"Very bad; overpriced"
We come to Taos often for the past 5-6 years; this was the worst hotel experience so far. Hotel is in a VERY bad condition, rooms are in need of repair (too many things to list), bed linens are falling apart and are decades old, pillows are even worse, breakfast is bad.... and they are charging more than $90 per room, which is comparable to some MUCH better places nearby in Taos. Will never stay here again. Would be fine if the room price was $30, so you get what you pay for.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE, HORRIBLE MOTEL (RATING F-)"
Was hoping for a few days of skiing & ringing in 2015 & made last minute reservations because Taos was literally sold out of motel rooms as this is an extremely busy time of year. I arrived at the motel, & before I checked in, I told the clerk that I may have to depart the next day due to a family emergency. The clerk took my ID and checked me in and then told that I would have to go through Expedia for a refund. That afternoon, I called Expedia to let them know that I would be checking out early due to a family emergency. Expedia put me on hold, called the front desk and was told that there would be “no early checkouts” and that “no refunds.” I went to the front desk the next morning to talk to the General Manager (Tom) and he told me that because I booked through Expedia, there was nothing he could do. Expedia told me he could indeed authorize a refund. Tom said that was correct, but he was not willing to do so. Tom said he may not be able to rebook the room even though people were pulling up to the front (and calling) asking for rooms. I said that was very poor customer service and Tom shrugged his shoulders and said “Oh well.” Motel was filthy, the “Deluxe King Room” was a joke, no coffee maker, and no hair dryer, there was trash everywhere in the courtyard, the linens on the bed had burn marks, towels were stained, the fireplace didn’t work, and carpet had multiple stains. I’ve stayed in 3rd world countries, and this is by far the worst I have ever seen. NEVER AGAIN!
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Christina
"I was switched from room 109 to 121 because..."
We want our money back! This was the first time we've ever visited Taos, NM. I regret ever choosing this hotel. First night, we stayed at room 109. The room was very FILTHY. The ceilings had cob webs. The bathroom was dirty. We were tired from our 11 hour drive & desired to take a shower, but were afraid of stepping into the dirty bathtub. We had to put toilet paper on top of the toilet seat. I asked for a refund, but the night receptionist told me to come back the next morning about it. But, she offered me another room. Room 108 was FILTHIER. Also, she offered a room w/a king size bed, but we stayed in room 109. Next morning, Tom (part of hotel staff) stated that room 109 is old. He denied granting me any kind of refund due to the holiday season & the going nightly rate for hotels in the area. He, instead, offered us a room w/a king size bed & a roller bed for my 2 daughters. So, the next 2 nights, we stayed in room 121 which was better than room 109. But, the room had a dysfunctional fireplace. So, we were offered another room by a maintenance man, but we declined because we simply didn't want to move all of our stuff to another room. We asked the front office to borrow a hairdryer twice. Both times it was promised, but it was never delivered. The staff seemed rather nice, but the condition of the facility couldn't deliver a nice experience to us. Of course, we tried to really focus on the mountains & the snow-& not on a very poor $165.00 a night room.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Ariel
"Worst motel ever!!"
Lobby had sign no refunds! No toiletries no coffee in room! No soda in machine! Permanent resident above thrrew chicken bones in courtyard ! We left & went to a nicer place! Don't stay there !
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Sorry your stay was not what you deserved and expected. We changed management shortly after your stay and positive results and comments are already occurring. We've weeded out most long term Guests (those causing our good traveling Guests problems. Thanks for taking the time to share your and our problems. We will correct them!
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
fellow traveler
"Worst motel I've ever seen!"
Building was crumbling! No toiletries, no coffee & coke machine empty! Sign in lobby said"no refunds"! Man above us seemed to be a permanent resident, played music loud, threw chicken bones off balcony into courtyard! My husband overheard him making what sounded like a drug deal with the desk clerk! Not even a one star motel!
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
fellow traveler
"Cute hotel with nice back yard."
Overall the hotel is ran down. You can see peeling on the outside and the toilet seat was losing paint. The room was very clean and comfortable otherwise. The continental breakfast was not much but you get what you pay for.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Cindafer
"Close to action but not a winner"
Room wasn't cleaned before second night... but towels were removed. Room was worn, with paper-thin walls (neighbors' conversations were clearly audible). Front desk staff was unhelpful.
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
The quality of service you received was not what we intend to offer. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Because of problems along the lines you experienced, we made a manager change in December 2014. We've worked with all staff in all departments to better serve you our Guest.
2 night business trip Oct 3, 2014
"Room smelled, ceiling falling, did not stay."
The room smelled like old cigarettes or mold, ceiling falling in, window in disrepair. We were not able to stay there. And, it is not on the Plaza. Could not recommend this place to my friends, and I can't believe we were put in this place. Expedia apparently did not check out this place prior to making our reservations.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
"Hotel is in serious need of repairs."
The beds and bathrooms were clean so we went ahead and stayed there however we would not book there again.
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Thanks for your comments glad the beds and room were cleaned to your expectations, and sorry we didn't better meet your needs. Hope we get a chance to better serve you next Taos trip.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Sherron
Awful needs major upgrades will never stay there again and will never refer anyone.
2 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2014
"Indian hills"
Bad dirty unpleasant uncomproble and dissatisfied and ruined are vacatiom
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
john doe
"Rather run down"
The Inn while conveniently located it was run down. Stains on the walls along with cobwebs, I would not stay there again.
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
"Nope!"
This place was gross! The toilet seat was chipping, there were ants in the bathroom, the room (and even outside) smelled like smoke and mold even though this claims to be a non-smoking hotel, and the breakfast area was DISGUSTING! We brought this to the attention of the front desk staff (whom one of the men we think was the owner) and he said they clean the room every morning. This was an out-right lie. This was our second morning there and I guarantee the film of gunk on the trash can and coffee maker hadn't been cleaned in weeks. And although it's a small inconvenience, there were no shampoos/lotions available and when we asked one of the staff members said "the owner is too cheap to buy them." I felt like the staff couldn't care less about the condition of the property or the comfort of their guests. I will say though, the beds were comfortable and for a very short drive, it was in an excellent location just outside of the Taos plaza and galleries. But I would pay a little more for somewhere else if I were you!!
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Thanks for writing a review. Sorry we did not meet your expectations. We are a mostly non smoking property BUT can't sit in the rooms with the Guests so some do as they please. Owner was not involved in your report but I'll ask the front desk team to be more attentive to Guest questions/comments. The front desk team usually gets the best reviews. Thanks for your business.
2 night trip with friends Jul 1, 2014
"Terrible housekeeping, Old Dated Room"
The front desk was pleasant. The housekeeping was horrendous. They took our towels in the morning and when we returned after midnight, we had no towels. We called for towels in the morning and they weren't delivered until 10 minutes before checkout. The lobby is nice, we heard we should skip breakfast, which we did. The room had old torn curtains, an old TV. I wouldn't stay here again and would not recommend it to others.
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
A bit in need of TLC but staff was very friendly, helpful and informative
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
THANKS for your business, review, and kind words. Far too many happy Guests (over 90%) never make any comments. Our staff usually earns good accolades.
1 night trip Jun 12, 2014
"You get what you pay for..."
This is our second stay at this hotel...it could definitely use some basic maintenance...painting, lights, drapes (if you want to call them that). Stairwells are dark and dirty...exterior doors need staining/sealing and exterior lighting is needed...many burned out lights. Lobby is the best part of the hotel. It could be much better with a bit of investment by management.
1 night trip Jun 2, 2014
"Beware of carpet"
The first room we were given had a strong cigarette odor. After complaining and being told "that's all there is," the manager relented and let us have another room. That one did not have the cigarette odor, but was still worn and dirty with stains on carpet, upholstered chair, and shower curtain.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2014
Juana
Good value for the price. Staff was especially nice.
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Our team of Associates very much appreciates your 4 star rating!
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
"It is on the main street"
Kind of satisfied. Good to make an overnight stay
1 night trip May 27, 2014
"un-punctual hotel staff"
The hotel location was good. It was located by the Taos plaza and a grocery store, but the hotel staff were not acceptable. They were not punctual at all. The hotel lobby was supposed to open at 7 and so was the breakfast, but it was locked and nobody there. They open the lobby around 7:30. It seemed to be okay for them to check cellphones when they were talking to customers.
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Thanks for your business and review. Sorry the team of Associates failed to meet the test.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"A place to stay"
The rooms are alright the front desk is great overall its alright
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
We all appreciate your taking the time to comment. Glad to hear our front desk team hit the mark. See you soon!
3 night business trip May 8, 2014
"Not great"
Old hotel, not in great shape, don't bother with the breakfast. Good location close to the square. Not worth much more that $50/night. Cool courtyard area.
1 night business trip Apr 17, 2014
"bottom rung"
makes motel 6 look good.
1 night trip Mar 28, 2014
buck
"Book directly with hotel."
I paid $30 more per night by booking through Expedia. WTH. Hotel is very basic but is fine.
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Appreciate your posting a review and for your business.
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
This motel was recommended in one of the traveller's books, we also looked at the pictures online, the motel pictures seem to be very nice, so we went ahead to book it online.But it turned out to be a very disappointing experience. First, after we put all our luggage into the room, my kids took off their shoes in the room and noticed that their socks started to get wet. I touched the carpets with hand and found out them were all wet, and there was a bad smell coming from the carpet. We immediately called the front desk, nobody answered the call, so my husband went to the lobby. He eventually got the key to a different room, and the answer to the wet carpet was that they shampooed it this morning. This motel offered free breakfast, so the next morning we went to the breakfast room. The choice was very limited. The drink machine was broken so there was no juice or milk.
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
family from TX
"Never again"
The front desk attendant was not very friendly (we were inconveniencing her while she was spending time with her boyfriend), and she sent us away to our room. The room was less than clean. The heating system was falling off the wall, the curtains were duck taped where there were holes, the lampshades on the walls (the two mounted on the walls next to the beds) had melted and never been replaced, one of the lamps did not even have a bulb, and the smoke detector was detached, hanging from the ceiling. The main, free-standing lamp was covered in dust and cobwebs with scattered holes in the lampshade; every single pillow was covered in stains, so I used my sweatshirt as a pillow instead (picture included); the carpet was coming up from the floor--there were holes in the carpet along the walls. There were hairs on the floor in the bathroom; there were stains in the bathtub (we did not shower during this stay...). The walls had stains and badly patched holes. Disappointing would say the very, very least.
Other trip Nov 19, 2013
Bryan
"Better places in town for same price"
The exterior of hotel is dreadful, huge potholes in parking lot, difficult getting in and out of parking lot, rundown looking. Inside the rooms are okay and clean. No fridge or hairdryers, lights very dim making room seem dark at all times.
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Thanks for your business and comments. Sorry we didn't meet your expectations. Our team's efforts are to provide friendly Guest oriented service. The dim lighting is an area we can easily address and we'll do so.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"Convenient location, friendly staff."
Stayed in Taos as a "home base" this trip. Took day trips to Chama and Santa Fe. Beautiful area for photos at dusk and dawn, especially. Love New Mexican style Mexican food throughout the area.. No "Tex-Mex". Just like "left" and "right" in a car, I am used to to the same in bathtubs/showers. However, the hot/cold in the bathtub seemed backward to us. We even changed rooms, but finally discovered it was "operator error". (Cold, left; hot, right.) As with much of Taos, parking can be a little challenging. Finding the Indian Hills south driveway after dark requires close attention. It is near a traffic light but has no access to the side road. Not a problem, just a little odd. I learned after missing the turn only once. And driving to/from parking to lobby requires slipping around the corner on the shoulder of the road. There is room, and it is safe, just drive slowly. Rooms are in the process if being updated, and it shows. Our room was clean and fresh. Staying at Indian Hills is a good balance between convenience and cost. We will consider staying there next year, as well.
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Thanks for your review. Glad we met most of your needs. Our Associates work hard to help Guests enjoy their Taos experience and we all appreciate your business and taking the time to comment!
Other trip Oct 26, 2013
"Great Location - Old Accomodations"
This hotel is very old and run down. Really needs renovations, but the location is ideal. Only a short walk to the Plaza (some of it on sidewalk, some of it not). It was "liveable", but not nice.
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
We appreciate your review. Our strongest claim to fame is our convenient downtown location. Hope we continually improve our accommodations and meet your needs even better next visit.
Other trip Oct 19, 2013