All hotels in Taos, New Mexico, United States of America
233 Paseo Del Pueblo Sur, Taos, NM, 87571, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Ordinary amenities
    Room is not nice
    Dirty
    Bad breakfast
    Bad internet service
  • Bar
    Bar is not good
"Needs Cleaning"
Location was nice but needs a major cleaning. There was boogers on the wall near the bed and the toilet seat was cracked and pealing.
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Thanks for the comments and review. I apologize for a room being as you described. Although we are not a deluxe property, the dirtiness is NOT the level of cleanliness that we intend to provide. I hope you spoke with the front desk when you were there so we could address the specific room. Give us another chance and we will better meet your needs.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2013
"Big room, very comfortable king size bed, views"
check in was easy professional and very helpful aquainting us with things to do during our 4 day stay in Taos
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
We all appreciate both your business and your review. Glad we were able to be your "tour guides" and hope you'll include Taos and Indian Hills Inn, Taos Plaza again in your travel plans.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
great location, good price, though it seems as if there is a disturbing "resident" welfare population with many dogs and lots of smoking and sitting around.
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Thanks for your review and observations. Our two most common comments are about the great location and our always reasonable values. As a pet friendly hotel, we do sometimes have a number of pets. Since most our rooms are non smoking, smokers do spend time outside huffing and puffing. Our numerous easy chairs on the porches and grassy courtyard are there for Guests to enjoy.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2013
jimmy
"Garden is a quiet oasis"
In the midst of the traffic and bustle of close-to-the-Plaza Taos, the garden is a beautiful, quiet escape. But bring your own hangers and go out for breakfast.
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Thanks for your review. Our central courtyard is a great selling point and Guest comments are positive.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2013
Carolyn
"close to plaza"
clean and cozy. very private. nice place to sit and relax outside.
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Our team appreciates your business!
2 night romance trip Jul 29, 2013
"Indian Hills @ Taos NM"
the hotel was located in a perfect spot The courtyard and pool was a bonus I did not anticipate on
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
I appreciate your comments. Hope we see you again!
2 night trip Aug 2, 2013
"Overpriced"
Rooms were musty smelling and old. Sheets even smelled sweaty. More like a $50 hotel for twice the price... definitely would not recommend.
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
"Friendly Staff, Clean rooms"
We were pleased two years earlier when we had stayed at Indian hills and decided to stay again on this vacation. Again we were pleased with price, room and staff. Would highly recommend.
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Thank you for your comments. Our "claims to fame" are Location, Quality, Comfort, Service, & Value". You sort of hit them all! Hope we see you again.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2013
Susie
"Extremely Disappointing"
In 30+ years of traveling, I have never stayed at a hotel in such horrible condition. Online reviews were mixed, but for the rate we paid per night we expected a clean room in good condition. Instead, we were provided a room with worn/dirty carpeting, holes in the wall, a toilet seat that was worn, chipped and dirty, along with a filthy phone, and a dank smell (we even took photos to document the condition). When we expressed concern, the owner agreed to show us one of the updated rooms, with only one king bed (we had reserved 2 queens). While the bathroom was cleaner than the original room, the carpeting was worn and dirty along with the now familiar dank/damp smell. He agreed to adjust our "non refundable" reservation to a single night. When asked how long he had owned the property, he said "oh I'm a short timer, just 38 years". Sorry, but in 38 years, this hotel could have used a bit of maintenance and updating. We did not feel comfortable, nor safe in this hotel. Really a shame for a nice town like Taos and very disappointing. As a result, our visit to Taos was cut short and we found other things to do elsewhere. We appreciate that the owner worked with us, but the hotel conditions were less than acceptable.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
"Do NOT stay here!!!"
Disgusting room, not clean, horribly dated, gross clientel. Don't be fooled by the pictures which make it look like a reasonable budget hotel. They should just bulldoze this dump and start over.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2013
"Run-Down"
This hotel needs a lot of TLC. For example, the curtains were stained and had holes and the toilet seat coating was badly flaking. We were sorry we had booked it and wanted to leave as soon as possible the next morning. The hotel is within walking distance of the Plaza and the people at the desk were pleasant but that did not offset the condition of the room.
1 night trip Jul 14, 2013
"Disappointing hotel"
Didn't feel as safe as I'd like; hotel cleanliness was sub par; the smoke from smokers outside and next to me seeped into my room and it was very stinky smoke; not good walking sidewalk to downtown. I was disappointed in hotel though the people were nice.
Other trip Jul 5, 2013
Kay
"Don't bother"
Hotel.com won't let me tell the true story if my stay but don't bother. Aweful.
2 night trip Jun 11, 2013
"Walking distance to plaza"
Not bad for the price. Office help very pleasant and informative. Enjoyed the inside court yard. Quite. Security for parking places a little questionable.
1 night trip Jun 16, 2013
Garrett
"Yuck.."
What can ya say..You get what you pay for..I would spend more money and stay somewhere else..
1 night trip Jun 21, 2013
Renee
"Apathy Personified"
They had us down for two rooms but we had reservations for one. Did not have a key for the room. Attendant got master key stuck in the door and maintenance had to get it out. Sink was stopped up. Maintenance ignored 'Do Not Disturb' sign and attempted to forge into our room the next AM as we were yelling that we were still in bed. Never came back & sink never got fixed. Huge glob of hair in the tub. Friendly Manager blamed owner for everything saying he didn't care. Great location very near town center was the one positive.
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2013
Bird LeCroy
"Would not recommend"
The staff is very friendly however the motel is very run down and the breakfast served was a joke. The rooms had no refrigerators even though the area was relatively hot during our stay. The air conditioner did work well in the room and was a welcome sight. The hotel is also close to downtown shops which was convenient. If I return to Taos I will not be staying here.
1 night trip with friends Jun 9, 2013
Tomas
"meet my need"
It was ok for me to stay over for a night. The room and hotel facility was quiet and relax. For breakfast, they provide hard-boiled eggs; but there was no milk.
1 night family trip May 31, 2013
Oomi
"Nice, comfortable"
Nice, comfortable. No issues. Close to many businesses. No room service fyi.
Other trip Jun 11, 2013
"Good value for the price"
I have paid a lot more for a lot less in my travels. This is not a fancy hotel but it was clean and quiet. Very convenient walk to downtown Taos.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2013
"Disappointing for the town and the price"
The staff was not as friendly as I had expected, especially in a town where people are so friendly and tourists are common. The rooms need some remodeling. I am not very picky, but I do expect more for the price that I paid. It felt much more like a budget hotel.
Other trip Jun 4, 2013
Be
"Not for mature adults"
Good for bikers, partiers and as a crash pad. Stay on the second floor - its less used. Very nice staff but the hotel is aged and worn.
1 night trip May 14, 2013
Phone did not work, remote to tv did not work, curtains did not close. Overstuffed chair had stains - did not feel very clean. Maintenance was lacking. Would not recommend to anyone which is unfortunate because the location was quite good.
2 night trip May 4, 2013
"Great for Explorers"
I really enjoyed my stay at the Indian Hills Inn. I booked it without seeing it so wasn't sure what to expect. Daniel at the front desk was a peach, whipped out a map and marked out hiking trails and rock shops for me. Very personable. It is a great location if you want to explore the Taos area, go shopping, driving around, hiking, and then have a convenient place to return to. I prefer to spend more on activities and less on lodging so this worked out perfect for me. Met several other travelers that had been staying there and Daniel had also given them locations for things they wanted to do while they were in town. Heater and shower working fine - cool adobe construction - quiet for sleeping.
Other trip Apr 27, 2013
KD
The Indian Hills Motel is a big long "a tooth". The location is great. To compensate, a shrewd manager would have at least good house keepers but this seemed to be where costs were cut. The room in 4 days was never cleaned. No new towels or TP, the original towels were stained and the waste basket only were emptied upon request. It was not a pleasant experience. Breakfast was grim.
4 night trip Apr 18, 2013
"The Pits"
We travel 12 - 16 times a year and this was the bottom of the pit, the worst in 30 + YEARS.
Other trip Apr 23, 2013
Duncan
"A good stay for a great price."
A nice little inn that was only a little drive away from Taos Ski Valley. The service was just fine, room was clean and comfortable. Not a 5 star stay but it was more than we expected for what we paid.
3 night trip Mar 13, 2013
Josh & Monica
"Adequate but needs maintenance"
We stayed one night on our way to somewhere else. The location is great, and our room was as requested. This hotel needs major maintenance, but is still adequate for short stays. The desk person was very personable and helpful. Our neighbors were noisy when coming home at midnight, but we asked them to "please keep it down," and THEY DID ! ! So we never had to ask the desk personnel to intercede. We like Taos, and don't expect it to be five star anything!
1 night trip Mar 12, 2013
"Very convenient locaction"
Great location, clean rooms, however, the hotel staff could have been more professional and polite.
1 night trip Mar 9, 2013
"Protein Rich"
The best part of the hotel is the hard boiled eggs served in the morning. Good source of protein if your going to go skiing. Of course, the hotel breakfast area opens at 7:00 a.m., and the eggs and yogurt were gone by 7:15 a.m. It is highly suggested that you be first in the doors so you can have your choice of breakfast before the pickings are slim. Breakfast choices are lacking and you need to be self serving. Great coffee, but room conditions are not desirable (loud, dirty, etc.). Service was below par and the rooms are not the cleanest of its kind. One important item of note - the location is perfect walking distance to many locations in town. There is no need to drive in town, which was great. That said, if protein is your desire; this is the hotel for you; if can be one of the first patrons in the lobby.
3 night trip Feb 7, 2013

"Comfortable bed"
It had a very comfortable bed!
3 night business trip Jun 15, 2015
Ranma
"Where not to stay in Taos"
Despite the critical comments this hotel has received we decided to give it the benefit of the doubt since its location is very good. Sadly in most respects the critical comments were justified. The hotel is very well sited within easy reach of the Plaza. The outlook of the rooms is very good (on to open green space) and the hotel has great potential. It needs investment on refurbishing but mostly it requires a huge change in management style. Continental breakfast was a joke since the only items available (if at all) were slices of french toast and bagels together with grape jelly and grape juice drink. The housekeeping was hit and miss and some days there was no room cleaning or bedmaking at all.It seems that, unsurprisingly, despite the hotel's ample provision of rooms there were few takers.
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Thanks you for your business and review. We did not meet your nor our standards is housekeeping. Thanks again, we've been using reviews such as yours to encourage our team to accomplish a better job as their boss is not us but YOU!
4 night romance trip May 29, 2015

"Nice energy"
Felt very good, clean rooms, comfy bed, enjoyed the pool and the garden
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
I appreciate your business, commentary, and positive words. The vast majority of travelers tell us they're happy when the depart but few ever share their thoughts. See you next time!
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
DE
"comfortabele bedden"
Kamer was ok, rest van hotel dringend aan renovatie toe , ontbijt miniem , ligging t.o.v. centrum 5 minuten wandelen, over hotel supermarkt en tankstation
1 night family trip Jun 2, 2014
BE
"Smutsigt"
Smutsigt och mycket slitet. Påver frukost. Läget var det enda som var bra.
2 night family trip Jul 2, 2013
1 night trip Dec 1, 2015
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Thanks for your business and review. Sorry we missed your expectations. Sold over 1,500 Guests lodging in October 2015. The vast majority expressed appreciation when they checked out.
1 night business trip Oct 26, 2015
patrick
1 night trip Sep 25, 2015
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Thanks for the 4 star evaluation! That's the result we'd like to earn always.
1 night trip May 31, 2014
Response by Indian Hills Inn Taos Plaza
Thanks for the 5 stars!!! We don't always make that grade but always aim to do so.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2013
Other trip May 11, 2015

TripAdvisor reviews for Indian Hills Inn

"Very scary lace!"
01/05/16 EddieTheP Denver, Colorado
I have stayed here before...a number of times. The location is good, the property and staff? Not so much/not at all! Linens are shabby, thin and cleanliness questionable. Bathrooms are dingy and appear to be simply sloshed with water as a mopping technique. I doubt they vacuum the carpets...if they do, it surprises me because they are thin, filthy and I wouldn't use them to lie a bird cage! There are NO ameneties..no shampoo, no coffee,broken or barely operable remotes and a freaky key but no inside locks of note. I don't expect complimentary champagne or turn-down service, but a cheap little coffee maker isn't asking much. Lastly, yeah, I know, I know..."times are tough", but the long term rental operation means shady occupants. When I came outside and found a tattered and filthy looking guy SITTING on my $26,000 Harley the Taos PD almost had to investigate a homicide! I did not see any security during a two day stay. Beer bottles and fast food bags litter the outside areas,noise is very annoying, and we smelled marijuana afternoon and even during our stay. Nope...I'll bust another Benjamin for a clean quiet, safe accommodation. "Friendly and smiling" cute desk clerks don't make up fore these deplorable conditions!
"This used to be a good place to stay, not anymore"
12/28/15 Serena C
We first stayed here about 5 years ago, and were pleasantly surprised back then. It used to be a hidden gem in Taos, now it's just another run down motel. I can put up with carpets from the Nixon administration, Cathode ray tube TVs. I did expect wifi to work, even if it's slow. It just cuts in and out and is useless. But the main issue this time is the questionable clientele. It used to be full of visitors going to ski slopes. Now it looks like people are living there. I can't put up with people yelling and slamming doors at midnight, and cops showing up looking for suspects. People smoking in the balcony, and non-smoking rooms that doesn't smell like it. Pros: complimentary breakfast plenty of hot water comfortable bed free washer/dryer cheap free wifi convenient location, walking distance to ski rental, Smith's, McDonalds Cons: breakfast consist of frozen bagels and french toast. dryer is broken wifi doesn't work noisy neighbors smoky non-smoking rooms If all you need is a comfortable bed and hot shower, this may still be a place for you.
"Good hotel, great value close to the central plaza"
12/22/15 GdoggSanFrancisco San Francisco
I had a pleasant stay at this nice motel. The room was clean and comfortable, the location was great, the pool was nice and clean, and the staff were friendly and helpful. There is nothing super special about this place, but I booked using one of the last minute deal websites and got an incredible price so I was very pleased.
"Very basic but for the price it was fine"
11/11/15 KWS63 Santa Fe, New Mexico
Very nice staff. Hotel is very basic, good location. No blow dryer in room. Towels were nice and fluffy. Bed was fine. Pillows were okay. Other than that it was fine for a night. The staff upgraded me, which was very kind.
"Wonderful Time at Taos"
10/20/15 Kay B Tucumcari
hen yo go to the Taos area be sure and stay at in Indian Hills Inn. The staff is great.John Slenes It is a nice place and nice price. Lots of nice restaurants in area. Art galleries and museum. We drive up there in the Fall to drive the Enchanted Trail and look at the turning leaves.
"Run!"
10/14/15 RegularBoowee
I have never been in a filthier, scarier hotel. Full disclosure, this place was so gross, we left assuming that we would still have to pay the full price. The lobby was in dire need of repair, smelled like smoke from the staff. When we were checking in, the (really) nice girl up front explained their washing machine broke and housekeeping was at the laundry mat next door with the linens. Everything screamed run at this point but we wanted to give this place the benefit of the doubt. As we walked up to our room, it appeared that the ceilings on both balconies were falling apart, didn't even look structurally sound. There were also several seedy characters that appeared to be living at the hotel. The carpet was literally falling apart from the door. Once inside, we could see that the door had a long crack through which daylight could be seen. Duct tape was used to fix cables to the carpet. Black mild decorated the bathroom and it appeared as if cat liter had been used at one point in the bathroom for god knows what. Due to physical and health safety concerns, we decided to check out 5 minutes after checking in. On a positive note, management did agree to work with the booking agent to give us a refund, which we were not expecting.
"You Have Got To Be Kidding........................."
10/06/15 fogsworld Parker, Colorado
The Health Department need to check this one out. Payment of $159.00 for a deluxe King Suite was made. So when we arrived at 2.00 om from The Balloon Festival, we were expecting a comfortable room with the usual amenities. WRONG. The entire complex is filthy including the reception area. The room first: The bed was very good and that is where it ended. Black mold in the bathroom with the ceiling falling in. The carpet was just awful to walk on with stains everywhere, so shoes were the order of the day. No refrigerator. No hair dryer. A Gas fire place (whoopee) that was so old it must have come of the Titanic. It also didn't work. A key card system I haven't seen in 20 years. AND the smell of disinfectant, that we couldn't get rid of. BREAKFAST and STAFF. The juice machine was broken, the floor was filthy,There was no Coffee,without having to ask for another pot to be brewed. Waste of time anyway, as the duty Manager/owner/employee didn't know what to do. Breakfast consisted of out of date yogurt, frozen French Toast, that had to be heated up in a normal toaster and Bagels that were hard. Needless to say, we didn't stay long, or for that matter at all. This is apparently a dog-friendly Motel, and ther is nothing wrong with that at all. EXCEPT, someone who actually does any work there has to clean up the reception area, the rooms, and the outside area. This is a Pigsty, and that is being unkind to Pigs. NEVER AGAIN
"Not what it use to be"
09/25/15 88TOAD Denver, Colorado
Friendly check-in, however the lobby and office area was the bright spot, it went down hill from there. The room smelled stall. The king size bed sheets were white compared to the towels. Both had holes in them. Extra blankets must have been acquired at the surplus store. Stains on carpet and walls, no screens in windows. Some rooms were being occupied full time by elderly tenants. Pool was dirty, interior and exterior maintenance was non-existent. I found one exit stairway from the second floor had been blocked off for so long a tree was growing thru staircase. Air-conditioning units making too much noise or not working. Garden hose laying across walkway the entire stay. Breakfast was a joke. this place has such potential, however, it's a shadow of what it use to be or could be again.
"lousy place to stay"
09/08/15 dev w Denver, Colorado
I stayed at the inn sept 6, 2015 and will NEVER stay there again. Room wasn't ready, toilet and wall leaked water, cable went out every 10 minutes. Told manager on Monday about my stay. All he could say is "didn't want to hear that". Didn't offer any kind of discount or anything. LOUSY place to stay.
"great place to stay."
09/07/15 Deserie R Albuquerque, New Mexico
the two ladys that work the front desk so GREAT. Diana and Leisa was so helpful. thay asked us if we have ever been to taos before. and this was are frist time for my Husband. so thay had told us place to go and we have a great time. THANKS SO MUCH Diana & Leisa. the rooms was good. the yard was nice. the guy who was doing the yard was really nice.he worked night and we felt safe. THANKS TO THE STAFF OF INDIAN HILLS