All hotels in Escondido, California, United States of America
555 N Centre City Pkwy, Escondido, CA, 92025, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9223

2.8
"OVERBOOKED"
I asked for a non smoking with 2 queen beds only had a King and I asked for a roll away bed. Said no problem and did not have. Need pool key to match room key. Breakfast was not kept up and did not have all the amenitites it listed. Had to have room keys updated 3 times for a 1 night stay.
Response by Quality Inn & Suites Escondido
We apologize for the inconvenience for not having two beds , anyways reservations come direct to our system and we don't change as we wish. We thank you for taking time to write this review. Hoping to see you again soon. Thank you. General Manager
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"musty"
Old, musty and dingy. Not great. We stayed here to send our son to orientation at San Marcos - when we move him in, we will be staying somewhere else.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
ph
When I arrived for check in long line no one at desk for about 15 minutes lobby was dark when employe finally came in he blamed Owner for poor staffing and website overbooking. Very poor service
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
We asked for extra sheets and they dont have some. Smells like cigarettes and have lots of Ants!
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"I couldn't stay"
They never told me that the A/C was not working. It was stain in the sheets.
Response by Quality Inn & Suites Escondido
Dear Mr. George , Thank you for taking to write a review. We apologize for failing to meet your expectations. Sincerely, General Manager Quality Inn & Suites
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
"no quality"
room smelled like paint, small pillows, no phone, fridge made loud noises, carpet was dirty, air conditioner was broken - it allowed you to choose high or low fan but you couldn't adjust the temperature. we spent the night turning it on and off because it got too hot or too cold. the 'full' breakfast was a joke. there was hardly anything there. staff asked me what i was looking at, i said the empty bowls and plates and was wondering if there was anything that went in them. they brought out yogurt and apples, only to me. the hotel looks run down and the room was poor quality. it was definitely not worth the money.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
"Dirty room"
The night that we got to our room the door was open and the room was dirty not ready to us. next day I notice that the door did not close properly, I talked to the manager and they did not fixed it. When we got back from our trip to Legoland, again they did not cleaned the room.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
Jhon
"Close to freeways & Denny's"
We enjoyed all 3 of us ladies being in the same LARGE rm. celebrating a 70th birthday & getting a nice free breakfast but not a big variety & shower not inviting to use & missed a closet in the back rm. as had a suite but front rm. had a bar/rack for clothes. Liked the location & good service but doubt we'll go back there.
Response by Quality Inn & Suites Escondido
Dear Virginia, Thank you so much for your very valuable feedback! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your concerns and comments will be taken into full consideration and we do hope that you will consider us the next time you are in town. Best Regards, General Manager
1 night trip with friends Jul 17, 2014
Virginia
"Horrible Room"
You could not pay me to stay in this hole in the wall again. They will jack up the prices during peak traveling season, anything over free is to much for this place. You're better off buying a tent to sleep on the beach or an abandand alley! It will be cleaner, safer, and more comfortable than this place!
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
"not good"
To start off the beds we asked for were 2 queen sized beds as we have 2 children that are tall for thier age and we were given a tiny room with two full size beds with extremly hard pillows. Second the breakfast was terrible! It was cold,no variety, and seemed old. Our AC was in bad condition as our room took hours to cool off and did not circulate throughout the room properly. Last, there were ants and not enough towls or cleaning service staff as they only cleaned our room once.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Disappointing"
"Breakfast" was horrible. Desk clerk was working desk and breakfast area, coffee urn was empty, no glasses at juice machine so we got one from coffee area-orange juice was dispensing water only. Garbage can was overflowing and people were stacking garbage on floor next to it. They offered no fruit of any kind, no yogurt, no pastries, no eggs. There was bread, english muffins and bagels but no jams or honey. Small room, comfortable bed, seemed quite clean but very stingy with toiletries - one bar of soap - had to carry back an forth between shower and sink. Made coffee the first morning, maid didn't clean pot or restock for next morning.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
DJ
"Don't come here"
I have stayed at motel 8's that were better than this. Terrible, we had to try 3 rooms before we could find a half decent broken room. The first room's AC unit was not working, the comforter had stains and flooring looked dirty, the next room smelled like cigarette and we specifically said a no smoking room, the third look some what decent except for the fact that the water from the toilet bowl kept going off all night every hour or so. By the time we noticed it was going to be a problem we were too tired to care and just wants to go to sleep and leave this horrible experience at this hotel behind. Needless to say we will NEVER be back here. Not worth the price we payed. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Response by Quality Inn & Suites Escondido
Dear Customer, Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that your last stay with us did not meet your expectations. We will do everything possible to address your concerns, such as the non-smoking room and the functioning AC units. Thank you again for taking the time to review our property. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Best Regards, General Manager
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
The rooms (we had adjoing 2 bedrooms) were very small. Had a bath in adjoing room right next to bed. The swap cooler wrnt off every 2 minutes and was so noisey hard to fall asleep. Also rear bedroom did not have any air conditioning which made it uncomfortable for guests sleeping there. Complained about ants in the room. The price of $298 for 2 nights stay was overpriced for the size of the rooms. Don't judge Hotels.com pictures.
Response by Quality Inn & Suites Escondido
Dear Customer, Thank you for your very valuable feedback. I apologize that the rooms did not meet your expectations. We strive to maintain high standards in comfort and customer service, and your input will be helpful in addressing the needs you have noted. Thank you for your time. Best Regards, General Manager
2 night business trip Jun 23, 2014
"Not bad"
We went on a family vacation. There were 5 of us, including a 18mo baby and our 6yr old daughter. They staff was really nice and let us check in super early on our way to Sea World. We got two adjoining rooms, which is exactly what we asked for. The rooms were clean, though very, very, very small. We were constantly having to move out of each others way and step over the baby. The free breakfast was good, included making your own waffles. There was a 7-11 down the street for snack and drinks and little restaurant right next to hotel, but not much else except other hotels. Last thing, the pool was really cold.
Response by Quality Inn & Suites Escondido
Dear Juhani, Thank you so much for your very valuable feedback. We strive to maintain excellent standards in comfort and customer service, and your input will help us to better achieve this. Thank you for your time. We look forward to seeing you and your family again in the near future. Best, General Manager
2 night family trip Jun 16, 2014
Juhani
"Small but clean"
The rooms were small, it seemed like they crammed in everything, hardly any room to walk round the bed. Breakfast was very basic, no wheat toast, no porridge, tea but no hot water, it was basic.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
I did not feel secure. Very bad neighborhood and did not feel secure no gates in the hotel so anyone can get in. It seems to be a old hotel poorly remodeled.
1 night business trip May 24, 2014
"avoid this chain"
not a fan of this low end chain of motels. Better than sleeping in my car.
1 night business trip May 29, 2014
Nice hotel. Good location the bed was comfy and room clean.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
Goggins
"COMFY STAY!!!"
we were out in SD for the weekend last minute booking...the stay was great the room was clean and the bed was comfterable. the area is a little abandoned but the Mexican restaurant on site was great...it did its purpose for our stay sleep and leave :)
1 night family trip May 24, 2014
KARINA
"Hotel is in the town center and close the Zoo Park"
We were in town for a High School Reunion. The hotel was very adequate for our need on a one night stay.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Close to the Hospital for our new Grand daughter"
Quiet and located close to hospital you might want to check the roach problem found two in the bath room
1 night trip Apr 29, 2014
Irvine
"Nice place."
It was clean and the bed were comfy and clean. It was just a kind of hidden at first but easy to find once I recognized the color from the picture online. Staff was really nice.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
Victoria Ruiz
"reasonable"
not the Ritz, could use more breakfast varying. fine enough.
Response by Quality Inn & Suites Escondido
Dear Customer, Thank you for your time in providing feedback on your last stay with us. I apologize that the breakfast we offered did not meet your expectations. We will do all that we can to address your needs in a timely manner. Thank you. Best Regards, General Manager
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
"close to everything"
very good
1 night trip Mar 23, 2014
Paris
"Nice hotel close to Stone Brewery"
Room was clean, staff was nice, but the TV in our room wasn't good and there were only a few channels that came in right.
Response by Quality Inn & Suites Escondido
Dear Customer, Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that we were able to meet your expectations during your last stay with us. Your concerns about the TV service will be taken into serious consideration, and we will address that issue promptly. We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the near future. Thank you for your time. Best Regards, General Manager
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
"Get you pay for"
The walls are so thin that I thought there was another family in the room with me. There were people walking around the balcony until 5AM. The mold in my fridge didn't help either. Had to find a place close to my son's soccer tournament instead of driving an hour. The next time I will make the hour drive rather than stay at this place.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
"Okay motel"
The motel itself was okay, what one could expect from a roadside inn; however the surrounding area felt rather unsafe.
2 night trip Mar 18, 2014
"worst stay ever"
Very dissapointed the place was awful We were not happy at all
2 night family trip Mar 14, 2014
gabs
"room was awful"
my son and I stayed in the room it was awful and I found a pin that I almost stepped on my son could have stepped on I had to call the hotel to get someone to come to the front desk so I could check in it smelled I was completely unhappy with my stay and will never stay at a quality inn again wish I could of got my money back was a waste
1 night trip Mar 10, 2014
"Not worth it"
We got there at 9:20pm. Check in was quick and smooth, the person working just woke up for his late night shift, we get assigned a room, park, enter. It's filthy. We go back to the office let him know it was not clean, he looks at his paper where it says the room number and next to it 'not cleaned' so he assigns us another room, non smoking. We enter, it smells like cigarettes, and there are no pillow cases on any of the 4 pillows. The bathroom was dirty and looked like a creepy highway motel bathroom. The tv had maybe 5 channels that worked the rest were discolored or just static. It was 64 a night and so not worth it at all, I would have rather slept in my car. Do not stay here! Ever. It's worth the extra $$ for a nicer hotel, there are many in the area.
1 night trip Feb 16, 2014
"Ok place to stay"
The front desk was eager to assist. the room was clean and the bed was fine. The television was soso and the control was not very good. Breakfast was good.
Other trip Feb 6, 2014
"The worst Hotel I've ever stayed in."
The room was stinky, the towels were dirty, bed was not maintain just a horrible experience.
1 night romance trip Dec 22, 2013
Inez
"easy to acess from main high way"
The room appeared clean but the bathroom had a large hole under the sink which made me neveros and unable to sleep. Even though it was a non-smoking room I could smell smoke from the next rooms. also I could hear the people next door very clearly. But really go my husband and I was the cockroach that appeared near the small coffee machine in our room. I quicky got out of there and reported it to the manager. Not going back!!!!!!!!
Other trip Nov 27, 2013
1stwhitechevy
NO happy!!!
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
"Don't do it!!!"
If you want a quiet, comfortable nights rest don't stay here. The walls are paper thin(people next to is were up till midnight. No towels and no TV remote(5 channels).
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
"Get slightly less than what you pay for"
I got this hotel room because it was the cheapest in the area and less than 10 minutes away from stone brewery. It's not in the best neighborhood, so take heed if you scare easily. All the reviews regarding faulty showers and flooded bathrooms are legit. Warm water and good pressure, but the entire bathroom had standing water after. The TV/remote didn't work that well either. If you're just looking for a place to crash, it's definitely the cheapest room you will find in the area. If you're looking for more, you'll definitely have to look at spending more cash somewhere else
1 night trip Oct 25, 2013
Patrick
"If u need a bed"
This place was great for what it cost. I needed a lower priced place to stay in that area that had a shower. The service was great. Yes, there was only one towel for two people when I checked in and yes, the free breakfast was very limited. But the front desk provided what I needed when I asked for it. Honestly you get what u pay for. I would recommend this place for low maintenance people passing through.
1 night trip Oct 16, 2013
"Good for the price."
It was good for the price, and convenient to our destination.
2 night trip Oct 18, 2013
Ernesto
"Place is horrible"
Not in a good area, people walking in the parking lot
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
"What a dump"
TERRIBLE! The shower would not drain,the handles at the sink were backwards,the handle in the shower stall came off.I did not spend any nights there.Can i get my money back,$180.00 lost!!!
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
"bad days"
took 3 days to get a wash cloth trash can ice tray the remont for tv didn't work.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
"Good for the price"
Nice helpful staff, clean and nicely decorated rooms. For the rate it's a good deal. Improvements would be better wi fi, update AC unit, and touch up the bathroom. Overall a satisfied customer.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
"Never Again"
Staff was rude. The one staff member yelled at me. Then I hears her yelling at the manager. It was just bad. I will never stay there again!
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
Brandi
"Rundown and Dirty"
You get what you pay for I guess.. Stayed for a week, felt uneasy the entire time we were in the room. On the first night, we noticed 2/4 pillows had dry blood stains as if from a facial scab. The room smelt as if the room held a chain smoking convention.. as everything was soaked with the smell of cigarettes.. The TV barely worked, the remote did not work with it. Many outlets in the room did not work with some marked with marker with 'bad no use'. Paint was chipping, ceiling vent was hanging by 1 screw, bathroom vent not working, uncomfortable old bed, some non working lights, bent screen as if someone had tried to break in
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
Shawn
"Good nights rest for the price"
Overall a good palce to stay. Affordable, quiet and clean. Great accomodations (mini-fridge, microwave and coffee maker) for a modest price. Great breakfast too.
1 night romance trip Sep 14, 2013
Jess & Vel
"Extremely disappointed"
Usually this hotel franchise is really nice but this one in particular is very disappointing . Room was post to be non smoking but it stinked a lot from cigarettes smoke. Room was in a "remodeling " stage I guess since it had like 4 different colors in the same wall .. Won't comeback
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
The staff was friendly, clean exterior clean office. The room was clean. It was remodeled. AC unit only had one setting...low. Mini fridge also had one setting and it seemed that once I left the room for a couple of hours the AC and fridge units where turned off. Weird!! Tv stations where static could not walk around room because the picture would blurr out. Other than the AC unit it was an ok stay.
1 night trip with friends Aug 30, 2013
"Disappointing !!"
The room did not smell good even though it was non smoking. The overall environment was not impressive.
Other trip Aug 31, 2013
"Not worth $100 a night"
The single room with a king size bed was small. Two people couldn't pass each other in the tight walk way. The shower stall had a leak in it. Half the bathroom got soaked while we showered. The "free" continental breakfast could NOT be taken out of the eating area which was in the same area as check in/out. Seriously? I can't eat in my room? You have to watch me? I opted to eat at McDonald's.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
Ana D
"Very worn out hotel needing major upgrades."
This place is just plain worn out. The owners should spend money to make it a nice place to stay. The carpet is worn, the furniture very dated, the bathroom fixtures very, the shower was the pits. There were no towels in the room and we had to call the front desk. The TV was old, the fridge and microwave were something I would not use.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013