All hotels in Escondido, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here555 N Centre City Pkwy, Escondido, CA, 92025, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9223

2.7
    2.9
"close to everything"
very good
1 night trip Mar 23, 2014
Paris
"Nice hotel close to Stone Brewery"
Room was clean, staff was nice, but the TV in our room wasn't good and there were only a few channels that came in right.
Response by Quality Inn & Suites Escondido
Dear Customer, Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that we were able to meet your expectations during your last stay with us. Your concerns about the TV service will be taken into serious consideration, and we will address that issue promptly. We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the near future. Thank you for your time. Best Regards, General Manager
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
"Get you pay for"
The walls are so thin that I thought there was another family in the room with me. There were people walking around the balcony until 5AM. The mold in my fridge didn't help either. Had to find a place close to my son's soccer tournament instead of driving an hour. The next time I will make the hour drive rather than stay at this place.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
"Okay motel"
The motel itself was okay, what one could expect from a roadside inn; however the surrounding area felt rather unsafe.
2 night trip Mar 18, 2014
"worst stay ever"
Very dissapointed the place was awful We were not happy at all
2 night family trip Mar 14, 2014
gabs
"room was awful"
my son and I stayed in the room it was awful and I found a pin that I almost stepped on my son could have stepped on I had to call the hotel to get someone to come to the front desk so I could check in it smelled I was completely unhappy with my stay and will never stay at a quality inn again wish I could of got my money back was a waste
1 night trip Mar 10, 2014
"Not worth it"
We got there at 9:20pm. Check in was quick and smooth, the person working just woke up for his late night shift, we get assigned a room, park, enter. It's filthy. We go back to the office let him know it was not clean, he looks at his paper where it says the room number and next to it 'not cleaned' so he assigns us another room, non smoking. We enter, it smells like cigarettes, and there are no pillow cases on any of the 4 pillows. The bathroom was dirty and looked like a creepy highway motel bathroom. The tv had maybe 5 channels that worked the rest were discolored or just static. It was 64 a night and so not worth it at all, I would have rather slept in my car. Do not stay here! Ever. It's worth the extra $$ for a nicer hotel, there are many in the area.
1 night trip Feb 16, 2014
"Ok place to stay"
The front desk was eager to assist. the room was clean and the bed was fine. The television was soso and the control was not very good. Breakfast was good.
Other trip Feb 6, 2014
"The worst Hotel I've ever stayed in."
The room was stinky, the towels were dirty, bed was not maintain just a horrible experience.
1 night romance trip Dec 22, 2013
Inez
"easy to acess from main high way"
The room appeared clean but the bathroom had a large hole under the sink which made me neveros and unable to sleep. Even though it was a non-smoking room I could smell smoke from the next rooms. also I could hear the people next door very clearly. But really go my husband and I was the cockroach that appeared near the small coffee machine in our room. I quicky got out of there and reported it to the manager. Not going back!!!!!!!!
Other trip Nov 27, 2013
1stwhitechevy
NO happy!!!
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
"Don't do it!!!"
If you want a quiet, comfortable nights rest don't stay here. The walls are paper thin(people next to is were up till midnight. No towels and no TV remote(5 channels).
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
"Get slightly less than what you pay for"
I got this hotel room because it was the cheapest in the area and less than 10 minutes away from stone brewery. It's not in the best neighborhood, so take heed if you scare easily. All the reviews regarding faulty showers and flooded bathrooms are legit. Warm water and good pressure, but the entire bathroom had standing water after. The TV/remote didn't work that well either. If you're just looking for a place to crash, it's definitely the cheapest room you will find in the area. If you're looking for more, you'll definitely have to look at spending more cash somewhere else
1 night trip Oct 25, 2013
Patrick
"If u need a bed"
This place was great for what it cost. I needed a lower priced place to stay in that area that had a shower. The service was great. Yes, there was only one towel for two people when I checked in and yes, the free breakfast was very limited. But the front desk provided what I needed when I asked for it. Honestly you get what u pay for. I would recommend this place for low maintenance people passing through.
1 night trip Oct 16, 2013
"Good for the price."
It was good for the price, and convenient to our destination.
2 night trip Oct 18, 2013
Ernesto
"Place is horrible"
Not in a good area, people walking in the parking lot
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
"What a dump"
TERRIBLE! The shower would not drain,the handles at the sink were backwards,the handle in the shower stall came off.I did not spend any nights there.Can i get my money back,$180.00 lost!!!
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
"bad days"
took 3 days to get a wash cloth trash can ice tray the remont for tv didn't work.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
"Good for the price"
Nice helpful staff, clean and nicely decorated rooms. For the rate it's a good deal. Improvements would be better wi fi, update AC unit, and touch up the bathroom. Overall a satisfied customer.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
"Never Again"
Staff was rude. The one staff member yelled at me. Then I hears her yelling at the manager. It was just bad. I will never stay there again!
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
Brandi
"Rundown and Dirty"
You get what you pay for I guess.. Stayed for a week, felt uneasy the entire time we were in the room. On the first night, we noticed 2/4 pillows had dry blood stains as if from a facial scab. The room smelt as if the room held a chain smoking convention.. as everything was soaked with the smell of cigarettes.. The TV barely worked, the remote did not work with it. Many outlets in the room did not work with some marked with marker with 'bad no use'. Paint was chipping, ceiling vent was hanging by 1 screw, bathroom vent not working, uncomfortable old bed, some non working lights, bent screen as if someone had tried to break in
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
Shawn
"Good nights rest for the price"
Overall a good palce to stay. Affordable, quiet and clean. Great accomodations (mini-fridge, microwave and coffee maker) for a modest price. Great breakfast too.
1 night romance trip Sep 14, 2013
Jess & Vel
"Extremely disappointed"
Usually this hotel franchise is really nice but this one in particular is very disappointing . Room was post to be non smoking but it stinked a lot from cigarettes smoke. Room was in a "remodeling " stage I guess since it had like 4 different colors in the same wall .. Won't comeback
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
The staff was friendly, clean exterior clean office. The room was clean. It was remodeled. AC unit only had one setting...low. Mini fridge also had one setting and it seemed that once I left the room for a couple of hours the AC and fridge units where turned off. Weird!! Tv stations where static could not walk around room because the picture would blurr out. Other than the AC unit it was an ok stay.
1 night trip with friends Aug 30, 2013
"Disappointing !!"
The room did not smell good even though it was non smoking. The overall environment was not impressive.
Other trip Aug 31, 2013
"Not worth $100 a night"
The single room with a king size bed was small. Two people couldn't pass each other in the tight walk way. The shower stall had a leak in it. Half the bathroom got soaked while we showered. The "free" continental breakfast could NOT be taken out of the eating area which was in the same area as check in/out. Seriously? I can't eat in my room? You have to watch me? I opted to eat at McDonald's.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
Ana D
"Very worn out hotel needing major upgrades."
This place is just plain worn out. The owners should spend money to make it a nice place to stay. The carpet is worn, the furniture very dated, the bathroom fixtures very, the shower was the pits. There were no towels in the room and we had to call the front desk. The TV was old, the fridge and microwave were something I would not use.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
"Just visiting family."
Okay for the night, we were not sure where we were staying. The view on the computer was not the same. The price of the non smoking room should have been the cheaper price, the nonsmokers should not have to pay more.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
"visit to wild animal park"
On website checkin was stated as 2pm when we arrived we were informed it was 3pm on checkin folder in room it also stated that checkin was 2pm. On entering the room we discovered that there was only 1 towel for 4 people this was rectified with 3 towels. using the shower was difficult because the water leaked all over the floor. There could have been a better variety of food at breakfast.
2 night trip Aug 3, 2013
"Location was the key"
I did not like the room
2 night trip Aug 2, 2013
"it was okay"
Everything was fine just that our shower would leak every time we would use it other than that it was an excellent stay. Very close to the safari park
1 night trip Jul 25, 2013
"Horrible"
The front desk worker had to take us to our room because none of the keys were working in the entire motel. We were give the worst room. It was located in the back, where the parking lot was dark. There is an automotive shop behind the motel which was extremely loud. There was a huge spider web and spider hanging from the ceiling, and the worker who brought us to our room didn't say a single thing about it and didn't have it removed. Our room was extremely disgusting. There was a huge whole in the carpet, and it smelled like smoke. We clearly asked for a non smoking room. When we got into bed, there was a dead cockroach in the sheets. It was the worst place I have ever been to. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone. It was extremely pricey for the quality of the motel and rooms.
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
"Basic Motel Room. Good Price."
It was clean at the right price. Decent location. Nice Pool. Lots of places to eat within walking distance.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2013
"Great place to stay!"
Room was very nice. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Will stay again next time I'm in the area.
2 night trip Jul 5, 2013
"STAY AWAY!"
The door keys do not work. This, after switching rooms and continued to have the same problem. Read other reviews, and it seems this is an on going problem. The pool is not well kept. The trash bins were over flowing for day on end. Rowdy patrons were not kept in check by the front office. Overall, NOT a pleasant stay. Go somewhere else.
2 night trip Jul 19, 2013
"Over priced"
The quality was very low. The shower control did not work correctly and could not adjust it for medium temperature water. The air conditioner was very loud. and the television was very low quality for station selections and the picture for many stations was poor. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and the price I paid for a weekend stay was extremely high for the quality of the room. I have stayed in many motels and I would expect to pay about half the price they were charging for a similar room.
2 night trip Jul 12, 2013
"Awful experience"
There was a cockroach in the breakfast area that actually flew to my hair and my friend had to grab it out of my hair, very gross....
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
"The breakfast was the best thing about my stay"
We asked for a non-smoking room, but our room was definitely used as a smoking room. Maybe it was the fact that one of the staff members was working around the rooms and smoking.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
"Hotel close to freeway"
Worse experience, AC not working, bathroom door hinges is broken and didn't clean our room. Lady said they're under staff. I complain about d AC front desk guy said maintenance didn't come for more than a week. Talk to other people that stay there, they have other issue also about shower and toilet. Because there's a big even in SD management take advantage of this, manager is not doing his job to do all follow up for this matter. management wake up don't just get the money, fix and maintain ur property, take off that sign that fully new renovated. shame on you as operator for this company I WONT RECOMMEND TO MY FRIENDS !!!!
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
leah
"Nightmare"
the room had a large area under a desk that either had had acid of some kind on the carpet or vomit. There was no key so a maintenance man had to let us in. There was a crack under the front door, so big a cat could come in. We were too exhausted to leave and look for another place, so we checked out the bed, which appeared clean, except for hairs on one of the pillows. The hot and cold water faucets were backward, but we did have hot water. We dressed and left as early as possible, and cancelled our second night.
Other trip Jul 16, 2013
carol
"great"
we were extremely satisfied with our stay. the price was reasonable and the room was very well kept.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2013
liz
"Nice for the price"
Staff was very very friendly. However our fridge didn't work and the back parking lot was dirty.
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
Sandra
"Worst Ever"
They didn't even have enough towels to replace the ones we had with new ones. Had to wash and dry ours first so we were without them most of the day. Food was reheated from the day before. Terrible place.
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
Elaine
"Bad Quality of Guest service"
The quality of customer service was lacking. When asked for a plug for the bathtub,we were told to take a shower. We were told they would find us a plug and we never received it. Did not get extra towels when asked for them. The staff barely spoke English. But we did like their waffle maker and the waffles were good.
3 night family trip Jun 14, 2013
Brenda
"POOR"
Room smelled very bad !!!! No towel replacement I was there for 2 days. never got new towels. will Never stay stay there again. very unhappy with the hotel.
2 night trip Jun 21, 2013
Quality Inn
"Great experience!"
We stayed at this hotel for 5 days in June 2013 while we looked for a home in Escondido. It may not be in the best neighborhood, but it is centrally located and the people we met were all nice. It's not a 5 star hotel and isn't the best but it was sufficient. The staff was very nice and accommodating. They allowed us to check in early and when our refrigerator didn't work, they replaced it with one that worked like a champ! The room also had a microwave which was a plus. The bed was very comfortable but the TV could have used more channels. They did offer free Wi-fi which was also a necessity for us. The free breakfast was very nice. Their waffles were fabulous (you have to make them yourself but it's super easy)! Overall, our stay was very nice and we were very pleased with our experience here.
Other trip Jun 9, 2013
Niki
"Not my day"
Booked a suite & were pleasantly surprised to find a jacuzzi tub in the main bedroom. Unfortunately, there was no plug for the drain & we had to improvise (don't ask). The front desk attendant had no idea what I was referring to when I asked him to bring a rubber plug for the tub. He told me it was already plugged in. (duh!) He came over to see what I was talking about & when he realized what I meant, he just gave up & told me it was only his 3rd night on the job & he had no clue about the details. Once I managed to plug the drain, only the hot water worked - and it was scalding HOT! The handle for the cold water came clean off when I attempted to balance out the water temperature. Once I re-installed the handle, the cold water did not engage for at least 4 turns of the handle. Water temp now acceptable, its time to turn on the jets. Nope. No dice on the jets. Just the timer clicking down. Now I won't mention the stray cockroach, 'cuz that would be over doing the whining, so I won't mention it.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2013
Leo
"" Very Disappointed Getaway""
We booked for 2 nights, but checked out the next day as the refrigerator in the room kept us up all night with electrical motor noise while it it was on, it sounded like the motor or electrical system was about to go! The shower door would not close while taking a shower, so all the water sprayed onto the bathroom floor and made it slippery. I am a fall risk with unsteadiness in my standing and walking, my husband had to use all the towels to put on the floor so I would not slip and fall getting out of the shower! This was a very big disappointment for us as we were wanting to enjoy some time alone together and instead we felt unsafe in the room and cut our time together short!
Other trip Jun 2, 2013
Dawn
Great price for what you receive. We checked in Saturday and left Monday and only paid $250 on Memorial weekend. They also provided the best complimentary breakfast I've had at a non 5 star hotel. Great place to get a room in you're going to be in North County San Diego because your less that 10 minutes from San Marcos, Vista, Carlsbad and more importantly the beaches.
2 night business trip May 25, 2013
Mel
"Good location and good customer service..."
I had some issue with the booking reservation through hotels.com, but the Hotel Manager Naresh and his staff were very kind to come up with an alternate and provide us what we needed. They took an extra mile to provide what we needed and I would really appreciate their timely help. Many thanks again !.
1 night family trip May 25, 2013