All hotels in Sedona, Arizona, United States of America
160 Portal Ln, Sedona, AZ, 86336, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"great location with extras"
Very nice hotel, hard to find rooms in the dark. Bedroom dark and seemed a bit dated. I overall i would recommend this hotel.staff was very pleasant.
1 night trip with friends Apr 15, 2015
sara
"Los Abrigados"
First I paid for my trip with Expedia then I get hit with a "RESORT FEE". What is that? Second, the parking was terrible. Some rooms have a marked spot and some don't. Third, the staff is stoic at best. Sorry I interrupted their Day with wanting to check in. I will never stay here or any other Diamond resort because that is the fourth item Of disappointment. They hound you about joining their "club" and want you to sit through their sales pitch about buying into their timeshare. All I wanted was a nice room for my stay in Sedona.. Next time I will find one of the other 1000 rooms available in that beautiful city
Response by Los Abrigados Resort And Spa
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at Los Abrigados. We are disheartened to hear that you were not aware of the daily Resort Fee that is charged on all rental reservations as this information is clearly detailed during the booking process on all 3rd party booking websites and is included on all confirmations. We are sorry to hear that you did not receive the service that you expected from our staff and that you were upset that our concierge department invited you to attend one of our sales presentations. Being a Vacation Ownership resort, we are more than happy to provide all guests the opportunity to obtain information about our product; however, our Concierge team is not encouraged to pressure guest into a presentation that is certainly not mandatory. Please be assured that your concerns relative to your experience with both our Front Desk and our Concierge have been brought to the attention of the appropriate management teams for training and coaching purposes.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
"Not Much Fun"
When we finally found our room in the dark with rather poorly lit parking areas and few visible numbers, our room was on the side of a building way in the back at the top of a rickety spiral staircase which made it very difficult to carry a suitcase up! The room was small but OK. The heater was too loud to keep on so we got chilly during the night. Even though we arrived after 8 at night and were checking out the next morning the staff proceeded to tell us about every amenity in the place for which we paid the extra $50 resort fee which I do not remember reading about when we booked the room.
Response by Los Abrigados Resort And Spa
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at Los Abrigados Resort & Spa. We are sorry to hear that you experienced difficulty in finding your room as our Front Desk should have provided you with a map and clear directions at time of check-in, and are disheartened to hear that you were unable to run your heater. Our Engineering department is available 24-hours a day and we encourage all guests to report any such incidents to management so that we can address the matter immediately. We apologize for any confusion as it relates to the Daily Resort Fee as this is only $15 per day not $50 and is clearly explained throughout the booking process on all of our 3rd party vendor websites.
1 night trip with friends Apr 7, 2015
julie
Comfortable and convenient and within walking distance to the center of town.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Emily
"Nice resort; mediocre rooms"
This resort is very nice with a lot of nice amenities (fitness classes, spa services, nice pool with hot tub and bar service). Great location. Our room was on the ground level and was very dark. Pollen blew in every time we opened the door. The resort was much nicer than the actual unit we were assigned.
1 night family trip Apr 6, 2015
"Had a great time!"
The apartment was lovely, the amenities to our liking. We enjoy the BBQ too. Staff was serviceable and attentive to our needs. Perfect stay!
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
Suzel
"Comfortable, family-friendly resort!"
Los Abrigados is a great, family friendly place to stay. The 1 bedroom suite has a seperate living/kitchen area with a pull out couch, a small dining room table and also a decent sized patio. The room was very large and connected to a decent sized bathroom and shower. Everything was clean and comfortable. Our room was located facing the "kids pool." Originally, we were not thrilled about this. When we decided to go to the pool, we wanted to check out the non-kids pool, where the pool bar is located and found that there were actually more kids at that pool! This didn't make too much sense, but oh well. We ended up going back to the kids pool, where it was less crowded, easier to get lounges and only about 3 kids. The location of this resort is great. It's close to a lot of restaruants, shopping and hiking as well.
2 night romance trip Apr 1, 2015
"los Abrigados"
We stayed for 2 nights during our short time in Sedona. The room we got had a small kitchen/ dining area and a living room with separate TV which my son enjoyed. The bed in the master bedroom was comfortable. The sofa bed was well...a sofa bed. The resort was well situated close to beautiful downtown Sedona. A trolley stopped in front of the lobby so you didn't need to use your car. Parking to get to your room was limited. We ended up walking across the resort with our stuff because there were no spots close to our room. The grounds were pretty and well kept but our room and most of the others from what I could see did not have a mountain view. There was nothing to see from the balcony but the neighbor's balcony. Also, maybe I'm spoiled being from Florida, but a resort should have indoor pools or hot tubs and this one did not. It was too cold to use either since they were outside. This hotel was nice and comfortable. We did not use the restaurants or spa because they closed kind of early. Overall, I would recommend this hotel because of the comfortable room and location. However, calling it a resort was a little bit of a stretch.
2 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
C
"Not a high end resort"
Los Abrigados Resort was too expensive and you do not get much in return. The room was unappealing and very cold. It had just the bare minimum. Big room with very little in it. Found a roach in the living room area.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Room service?"
First of all the staff could not have been more friendly. I was somewhat disappointed in the overall condition of the property. The room was dated but in good condition. We stayed for 3 nights and never recieved room service.
3 night romance trip Apr 1, 2015
"Loved the grounds - hated the room"
The grounds are beautiful. Great ammenities for families- pool, basketball, tennis, mini golf, movies. The rooms were less than desirable and not what I think of when I think 'resort'- outdated furnishings, not clean and crisp. if they'd update rooms to match the grounds and ammenities, I'd highly recommend. Until then...we won't be back.
2 night family trip Apr 1, 2015
"Very Nice Stay"
While an older facility, it was very clean and comfortable. We stayed 3 nights and enjoyed all of them. Had a problem with coffee maker and it was replaced with a new one immediately. Great staff, great service, great stay.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
"Great location, great view"
I thought the hotel was lovely. I own a tineshare and the unit was very much like the one I own. Clean, living room dining room small kitchenette. Bedroom bathroom area was large . View from porch was great. Staff were helpful. Pool was lovely. I didn't care for either restaurant on the property and the television had only basic stations but those were my only issues. Great location to eveything walking distance to many nice attractions
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
bryna
"Nice hotel in a beautiful location"
Clean rooms with a small kitchen which allowed us to eat some meals in.The staff was friendly, but the concierge was trying to sell timeshares with the information she provided & there are no housekeeping services if you are staying less than a week. The grounds are lovely; the restaurants had very good food and the location was perfect for us since it was walking distance from downtown.
3 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
"Resort Fee is not appreciated"
The extra "Resort Fee" is really bogus there is no need to charge everybody for services they don't need or use. My advice....find a place that doesn't have one.
3 night romance trip Mar 27, 2015
"Very Nice Hotel"
Room was very clean but a little small. Also, in need of some updating. Other than that enjoyed our stay and would return if in the Sedona area again. The Location was very convenient.
3 night romance trip Mar 25, 2015
RICHARD
"Nice location, close to everything"
It was a very nice place, right in the middle of the shopping district
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Josh
"Good for families, avoid timeshare pitch"
Good place for families with kids. Lots of activities on-site to keep kids entertained. Grounds are lovely; rooms tired & could use update, but convenient. AVOID getting talked into TIMESHARE sales pitch at all cost-- it excruciating, unnecessarily long (2.5 hrs when promised 90 mins.), painful experience for a small tour discount. If you're a breakfast crowd, this place has none- but you can cook your own in small kitchen.
3 night family trip Mar 22, 2015
"Hotel"
Took over 30 minutes to check in and then room wasn't ready when it was supposed to be. After driving 7 hours this was very annoying. Not even an apology
1 night trip with friends Mar 27, 2015
Joni
Bring your sparring gloves if you decide to do the time share pitch for a nice gratuity. And do your homework! Ha! Ha!
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
B
"Don't stay here"
They don't clean the rooms. They don't have a place to buy basics. The check in took more than 30 minutes.
Response by Los Abrigados Resort And Spa
Thank you for your feedback. It is with regret we hear about your experience. Our team members do their best to check-in guests promptly and efficiently to ensure a hassle-free stay. As we are a vacation ownership resort, housekeeping is limited. Guests staying longer than five days receive full housekeeping on the fourth day. Additional housekeeping can be requested by contacting the Front Desk. Our prime location provides easy access to local shops. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we wish you the best on your future travels.
2 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
Michele
"Clean, roomy, comfortable, close to all."
Nice comfortable stay. Arrived after dark and was hard to find because it's not visible from the street, and not being familiar with "the roundabouts" made it even more challenging. Once in - our suite wa comfortable & very clean.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"birthday celebration for my husband"
Pleasantly surprised we were upgraded to a 1 bedroom unit. Spa facilities excellent. Walkable to restaurants.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
Therese
"Walking distance to great restaurants and shops!"
The room was very spacious and clean with a large balcony, complete with full kitchen, wine glasses, dishwasher, etc. It seem the room was very dated though, could you some newer touches; old drapes, tile and carpet. But overall very nice location.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Cindy
"Wow"
The receptionist was friendly and check in was fast and easy! We had a beautiful 2 bedroom unit that was clean and spacious. Close to shopping and sightseeing
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
deb
"Quiet and Quaint"
Very friendly and knowledgable staff. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Close to shopping and food. The only negative was that there is not a great view of the mountains from the room that we stayed in.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
"Beware of the Extras"
My wife and I went to Sedona for a long weekend getaway- our first trip to Sedona. We wanted to stay somewhere that was centrally located, and this hotel was ideally located- right in the Uptown area within walking distance of everything. The property is beautiful, and it is located on a property which also includes a really nice shopping area with galleries, boutiques and restaurants. This hotel charges its guests an additional $15.00 per day for the "amenities," regardless of whether they are used or not (pool, fitness center, etc.). This charge, I'm told upon further communication with the management, is not negotiable and is not refundable. Also, upon check in, they encourage you to visit the concierge for a "free gift," which turns out to be an invitation to a timeshare presentation. Upon checkout, they encourage you (once again) to visit the concierge for a "travel voucher," which once again turns out to be a soft sell to a timeshare presentation.
3 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
"Nice one bedroom with lots of space and kitchen"
A little difficult to find the room checking in after dark. Otherwise everything was very nice.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"Beautiful property close to attractions"
The staff was extremely rude, unfriendly and did not have much knowledge of the facilities and surrounding areas. Every staff member we approached with questions, including two concierge staff stated they were new and didn't have the answers to our questions. The property was old and the rooms were very much in need of repair. We stayed for three days and our room was never cleaned, when I asked about it at checkout I received a rude response. I was told that it was their policy and if it bothered me I should have requested housekeeping. However, I was never notified of the policy and it wasn't posted anywhere in the room. Last not least, they were very unaccommodating when it came to a late checkout. I asked when we first arrived and was told it was too early to check, I asked the second day and they told me I had waited too long and it was a first come first serve basis and all of the slots were already full. I was told that I should have checked earlier (which I had and was told to wait). I offered to pay for an extension and was told I'd have to reserve an entire night's stay. The restaurants were good and the staff there was friendly. But I would not recommend this property to others, nor would I return.
Response by Los Abrigados Resort And Spa
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are sincerely sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with your experience here at our resort, as it is our goal to provide you with exceptional customer service. Your suggestions are much appreciated and we hope you will be willing to give us another chance to make a better impression on you in the future.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
This is an older resort however the room, 1 bedroom, was quite comfortable, clean and had everything we needed. There are 2 pools, a spa, an exercise area, miniature golf, tennis and common areas each with at least one grill. There is an on site restaurant and bar/lounge. It is centrally located, quiet, easy access and within walking distance of other restaurants and shopping. This was our second stay and just as enjoyable as our first.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
Harry
"Nice hotel with amenities"
We had a pleasant stay. The weather was beautiful in March, but the trees were just starting to bud out. We played miniature golf, bocci ball, table tennis, horse shoes, and enjoyed the heated pool and jacuzzi. Lots of things to do.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"Los Abrigados march"
Very nice for the price. Great location
3 night romance trip Mar 10, 2015
Roger
"Very roomy, friendly staff, good location"
Very comfortable . I would definitely go back. The staff was very friendly
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
Very disappointed in accomodations for the high room price. Outdated !!!
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
"Good not Great"
The whole area including Tlaquepaque is a little tired. While the hotel purchase new furniture for the rooms, the walls, ceilings, and bathroom fixtures show more than normal wear and tear. I would refer a friend here, but only for a quick overnite on the way somewhere. It is conveniently located. Staff were pleasant, but appeared understaffed...five people queued for checkout.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
razz
"will never go back!"
room was filthy with a strong odor, even though i kept windows/doors open to air out, even though it was freezing because it had just snowed. i didn't stay the second night because smell/room making me sick and they wouldn't refund me, and mentioned they had "sprayed" some rooms before arrival and i super sensitive to chemicals. many other things, including conflicting advice/info on how to get foods, hotel info, etc.
Response by Los Abrigados Resort And Spa
We truly regret to hear you felt this way. Our Housekeeping Manager has been made aware of your concerns and they will be looked into immediately for resolution and coaching purposes. Thank you for bringing this to our attention as we are always looking for growth opportunities and to address any areas of improvement. Rest assured we sincerely apologize that this was your experience, and we wish you all the best on your future travels.
2 night trip Mar 3, 2015
"Great location and accommodations"
Enjoyed the heated pool and hot tub! Beautiful grounds and comfortable room...seemed to meet all our needs. Great location to town and restaurants, friendly and helpful staff. We'd come back!
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
dee
"nice hotel close to downtown and our activities"
everything went well, great checkin and fast nice staff had issue with a tv and they came to room within minutes
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
caren
"Girls on a road trip"
Once we found our room all was well. It was a lovely complex. The beds were comfortable and the room well appointed. The only comment is that we could have used a guide to find the room.
1 night trip with friends Mar 5, 2015
Claude
"Upgrade to a one-bedroom suite"
The resort itself is nice, and the location is great. however our studio room was just awful. It was tiny, walls painted bright white with florescent light bulbs, it felt like a hospital room. There are no dressers, no where to put your stuff but on the floor. No outlets in the bathroom, so I used the hair dryer in the bedroom, but the outlets were so cheaply made and installed that the at plug kept falling out of the wall. Maybe the one bedroom suites are nicer, but the cheap price of the studio that got me to book their hotel is just not worth it.
3 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
"Worst place we ever stayed."
The cost for the room was too high. The kitchen was rediculous with a microwave on top of the refrigerator my wife could not reach it. The floor tile was broken and the countertop dates back to the 1970's. The lighting was terrible. In the bathroom the mirror was so low I had to stoop to shave. I am only 5'10". The toilet was made for a child. We went to the concierge to receive our free gift which ended up trying to sell us a timeshare. The room we were told when we checked out was cleaned only after 4 days. 4 days using the same skimpy towels. The parking was terrible. If this is what Diamond International is all about, I would not recommend them at all.
Response by Los Abrigados Resort And Spa
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at Los Abrigados. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your accommodations. We are currently half way through a multi-year renovation project, which includes 61 room refurbishments having just been completed and an additional 50 units scheduled for completion this year. Due to limited counter space, we try to maximize the space and be as practical as possible, by placing the microwaves the refrigerators. We regret to hear that you were not happy with the lighting in your unit, we acknowledge that the property does have a lot of foliage, which combined with our usage of energy efficient light bulbs does sometimes limit the amount of light within the units. The bathroom mirrors are at a standard height as there is no way of hanging them higher without hitting the light fixture. Although full cleanings are not provided until the fourth day of guest’s stays, we do offer daily trash pick-up and linen exchange and apologize if you did receive this service. Please be assured that your concerns have been forwarded to our Housekeeping Manager for training and coaching purposes. We hope that you enjoyed the ambiance of our property and the friendliness of our staff and that your experience will not deter you from staying with us again in the future in one of our renovated units.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
Guy
"Beautiful"
Excellent, as usual. The only hiccup was that I asked for bath robes for wearing to the pool and it took over two hours to get them. Otherwise the hotel, rooms, and grounds are beautiful and I would go back.
1 night romance trip Mar 1, 2015
"check please"
Overall this was a great place to get away. with that being said, the are areas they could improve. Check in wasn't until 4 pm, with no option for really check in. On the flip side checkout is at 10am. Seems a little drastic in both directions.
2 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
"No Maid Service and a Resort Fee"
We had visited this property before but did not stay there. We loved the grounds and the location so we booked a room for four days. After reading the reviews I made sure to request a remodeled room. Once in the room I was underwhelmed. If this was remodeled I would have hated to stay there before. It was not what I expected from a Diamond Resort. The room was simple with a small kitchenette added to the living room with Formica counters and a microwave attached to the top of the refrigerator (which my wife had a hard time reaching). The furniture and bed was nothing special. The bathtub was stained form dirty feet. Something that could be cleaned with a little elbow grease. In fact, we were surprised when they told us we did not get daily maid service. In addition to no maid service they charged a "resort fee" for the internet.
4 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"lovely location"
We found checking in was slow and painful. There are no elevators so the second floor is not great for those with physical challenges.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
"my home away from home"
Love it! Next time im in sedona and the next time after that i will stay at los abrigados. Everything was perfect! The staff ifs very friendly and helpful. The grounds are beautiful. There was always something to do daily. Shopping and food is a few steps outside the resort front doors. The only down fall was at check-in they try to get you to attend a seminar. I was on vacation and wanted to relax not have half my day in a seminar. They weren't pushy, just not what i wanted to hear.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Reamaris
"Home away from home!!"
Sedona was just breathtaking, the icing on the cake was the stay at Los.Abrigados!! It was cozily nestled in the valley, splendid view from the balcony and porch, feel of a small town in its own, close to uptown making it very accessible to most freeways. It was my first visit to Sedona, it was made all the more special by the resort. I absolutely will visit again and recommend to all my friends and families. Wish had more time to enjoy all that it has to offer!
kay
"An older but very charming resort"
An older but very charming time-share resort, undergoing remodeling of many units. Booked a very low Expedia rate but were still assigned a very nice condo with a living room, kitchen, bedroom, and a balcony with a view. Excellent! Also, there was no time-share pressure onsite (because we did not to encourage any), just one phone call the week before we arrived.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"Beautiful Hotel surrounded by restaurants and shop"
great pool and whirlpool. Wonderful Spa and large work out center . Rooms are large with full kitchenette . Rooms newly done, taken over by Diamond !
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"Beautiful view of the Red Rock Mountains of Sedona"
Complete relaxing, quiet area. Truly a retreat. Very close to all attractions.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015