All hotels in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Room is all right
    Breakfast is average
    Regular internet service
"Definitely recommend !!"
We stayed at the hotel for10 nights in the 2 bedroom suite. We loved the neighborhood (safe) and their Service was good, clean and on time. Parking was expensive (C$15) but it was downtown, I didn't bother to check because of weather.heat was good too especially because of my infant, i was very concerned. Rideau center, museums , parliament hill was located in less than 3 miles proximity. The only thing little strange was, they don't clean the rooms everyday like in US or atleast alternate days. It's only once a week. They do replace towels calling it refresh. Definitely recommend.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that our housekeeping services were not explained thoroughly upon your arrival. We provide housekeeping services to guests staying eight or more nights; however, these services are always available upon request for an additional fee. Still, we are happy to know that you were pleased with your stay and enjoyed our convenient location. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
4 night family trip Jan 16, 2016
Inayat Rasool
"Close to downtown"
It's old hotel, near to downtown that is was good. My expect ion was different because the note rate that was 3.8, I should say 3.0.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you felt we could improve. To prevent this from happening again, my team is committed to making every guest experience a positive one. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Other trip Oct 8, 2015
"Best Hotel for the Price."
Excellent hotel for the price. The location is ideal and the cost is a fraction of other hotels are in the same area. Only downside was the quality of breakfast.
3 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
Garvey
"excellent hotel"
excellent stay,
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am thrilled that we were able to accommodate your needs with a home away from home experience! Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
marissa
I thought it was a good hotel to stay and the staff were very nice I would really recommend to stay in this hotel.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
We stay one night it's comfortable
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that your stay was comfortable. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
Ramanjaneyulu
Very enjoyable
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with a home away from home experience! Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
7 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
tony
"Clean Hotel, Great Location"
We were in Ottawa for USA game in Women's World Cup. Ottawa provided free bus transportation to game at Lansdowne Stadium from City Hall which was directly behind hotel. The hotel was very clean and our suite was spacious. Appreciated balcony to sit out on and view city. Hotel was in a great location to explore Ottawa. Easy walk to Parliament Hill, Byward Market and city tour departures. Byward Market is loaded with great restaurants, shopping, street vendors and performers, and produce. Hotel is half block off Elgin Street which has a huge assortment of restaurants, convenience stores and small shops. Hotel staff was very friendly and approachable and spoke in English and French. Breakfast included make-your-own waffle station, muffins, fruit, cereal, coffee, tea and juice. Overall, very pleased with hotel. Also, very impressed with the city of Ottawa. It is a beautiful, clean city with friendly residents. Took the duck boat tour and learned of history of Ottawa and saw beautiful views from the river. Overall, we had a great trip. USA won their soccer game and we spent a great time in host city.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and convenient location. I truly appreciate your kind comments regarding our friendly and accommodating staff. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
Beth
Perfect for what we needed! Loved everything. Only downfall, I think we had a housekeeper who didn't take their job seriously... The room was not cleaned well from previous occupant. Overall the hotel was well cleaned.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
It is so rewarding to read that you had a great stay with us and that the hotel met all your needs. Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you letting us know that the housekeeping service you received was not up to standard and we are sorry for this. Still, I am so pleased you had a positive stay overall. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
2 night business trip Jun 26, 2015
"Parking Issues"
Everything was nice in concern with the actual room, but parking is a nightmare. The garage is too small and there isn't enough parking for all guests.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that you experienced difficulty with the parking area. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a comfortable stay overall. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
2 night trip with friends Jun 10, 2015
It was ok, but I would not stay again. I wanted a place for one night downtown. Room was very dated.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
"Continental Breakfast Consist of Apple and Coffee"
The hotel location was very nice. The staff was friendly, plus they spoke fluently in English. The hotel was beat up a little but it will do it for that price. The disappointing part was Continental Breakfast which included apples and coffee.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that our staff was so friendly and that you found us to be a good value; however, we appreciate you letting us know that you would prefer a more robust breakfast offering. We are introducing more selection, including waffles and toast, next week, and we are sorry it was not prepared for your visit. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Max
"Comfortable, friendly, good location"
This is where we always stay when we go to Ottawa. Location is great, between Bank Street and the canal. Each room is different, but all are well appointed, full kitchen and a very comfortable bed. Staff are very friendly, and the coffee in the morning is quite good. What more do you want?
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our staff and location. It is great to know that you found your room to be well-appointed and that you liked the coffee we provide. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Robin
"Excellent location on Cooper"
Great walking distance to food / drink Room is a suite with kitchen, sitting and bedroom
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
SAM
"Nice Hotel in Ottawa Downtown"
Everything was excellent. Nice proximity to most of the tourist attractions and kitchen availability was add on.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you appreciated having the kitchen facilities and that you liked our downtown location. I regret to read that our breakfast options did not meet your needs. Please note that later this month we are adding some upgraded items to our breakfast menu. As well, I apologize that our standard housekeeping service is not daily, though we do offer daily housekeeping services at an additional fee. Thank you again for posting your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
Kiran
"excellent hotel in ottawa down town."
It's really good and I stayed with my family.very clean and excellent service.
1 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
subbarao
"fair but not impressive"
it was ok but not impressive. It is Over Priced... for what you get.. not enough towels, and they don't provide you with more towels, shampoo or soap for the second day stay unless you ask...we were a family of five, with 3 towels provided....Every time we need to use the cold water in the washroom, it runs hot for 3-5 minutes first... .then the cold will come and it goes back to hot... breakfast is not really breakfast. they have only coffee, mini muffin packaged, and cereal bars. room and kitchen were clean i won't stay there another time.
2 night family trip Sep 20, 2014
"Overall a good place to stay in downtown Ottawa"
We stayed for two nights and it was a good experience overall. Hotel location is good and in walking distance to many city's attractions. Staff members are helpful and polite. Hotel ran out of the parking space when we arrived at 5pm so we parked on street nearby for the first night. We got a spot the second day morning. Room is kind small but this is a downtown hotel. But more importantly, room is clean and beds are comfortable.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
D
"good location"
not terribly impressed, would probably not stay there again. although, our room was clean and the beds were comfortable, but not the pullout. No housekeeping until the fourth night and amenities limited, but we made do.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
The feedback you provided is much appreciated. I am happy to hear you appreciated our clean rooms and comfortable beds; however, I am sorry you found the pullout uncomfortable and that our housekeeping service did not meet your needs. Your feedback on this issue will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Canada. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
3 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
"Really good stay"
We stayed in a one bedroom suite. The hotel room was large, there was a kitchen and I was able to cook. The grab and go breakfast was ok. We had free parking on the street. I would definitely go back again. It was a really good stay!!
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
I appreciate you taking the time to write such an positive review. We are so grateful to hear that you appreciated the kitchen and the extra space. It is especially rewarding to read that you would stay with us again. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Laila
"Great choice!"
This hotel is located in a great spot. A quick walk to Elgin street and about 15 minutes into the Byward Market. The room was clean and well maintained.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you experienced an unpleasant odor during your stay. I am glad that my staff was able to resolve the problem for you, but please know that we are working to improve our carpeting and flooring to prevent your experience from being repeated. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay America location in the future.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"Not very happy"
Breakfast was cheaply made, room service was not upto standard paint work was on progress parking was not provided but was included in package
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I sincerely apologize that our breakfast and room service did not meet your expectations. Please know that your feedback on these issues will be helpful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. As well, I do apologize that our painting and construction work interfered with your stay. I will work to minimize the impact of these projects on guests moving forward. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We do hope that you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2014
"Overlooking All Of Ottawa!"
Very Comfortable and Relaxing for us all.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that you had a comfortable and relaxing stay. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again soon.
3 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
Barbara & Peter Grimshaw
"small old rooms"
For a very high price we stayed at this hotel with a great location but the rooms were small and shabby
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am glad to read that you appreciated our convenient location; however, I regret to hear that you found our rooms small and outdated. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able work to continually improve our hotel. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
1 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2014
kowesa
"Great place to stay!"
We came to Ottawa for a tourist vacation for a few days and were quite pleased with the extended-stay hotel. Everything was as expected and a little more. The only downside is the immediate buildings nearby, including an apartment building beside the hotel, can get quite loud, as we experienced loud music late into the night on the weekend. Obviously, the hotel cannot control others in their neighborhood, but just be aware of this. This hotel will still be our go-to destination for future trips to Ottawa!
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
George - We read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such thoughtful things about your experience. We are glad to read that you were pleased with your stay and that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
3 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"very good location, walking distance to the sites."
This hotel is located in right in the downtown, it is in the walking distance to many sites.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed our convenient location; however, I am sorry to read that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be valuable as we continue to work towards improving and expanding our breakfast selection. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
"Moderate Hotel"
It was ok. Breakfast was very poor.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and we will take your comments into consideration as we continually improve and expand our breakfast selection. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any Extended Stay America location in the future.
2 night family trip Jun 15, 2014
Anonymous
"Close to Parliament Hill and Elgin Street pubs!"
We've stayed at the Extended Stay in Ottawa several times now, and never been disappointed. Each room seems to be a bit different, but they are all large and have full kitchen facilities. Beds and bedding are comfortable and I always have a good night's sleep. Coffee downstairs in the morning is a good quality, strong brew (that's important to me..) but the rest of the breakfast offerings look a bit meagre, but that doesn't bother me. The staff we've encountered have always been helpful and welcoming. Parking on site is adequate, there's an additional fee for parking. Just blocks away are the pubs and restaurants of Elgin Street, and in fact the whole of downtown Ottawa is only minutes walk away. Highly recommended!
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Robin - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your spacious room and your fully equipped kitchen during your stay with us. As well, it's great to hear that you were pleased with your comfortable bed, our coffee and our helpful staff. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
Robin
I'M SURE THE SHEETS HAD BEEN CHANGED, BUT INITIALLY I THOUGHT THE BOTTOM SHEET HADN'T BEEN. IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE AN EXTRA BLANKET IN THE BEDROOM CUPBOARD SINCE I COULDN'T REALLY CONTROL THE TEMPERATURE. THE BALCONY WAS A GREAT FEATURE SINCE I DIDN'T GET TTHE SMOKING ROOM I'D PAID FOR. I THINK I PREFERRED THE BALCONY.
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
"Convenient location"
I was mildly surprised about this hotel. It is just as good as the other apartment style hotel near the market and the mall. Colby at the welcome desk was extremely friendly and helpful. He gave us free parking when we couldn't find anything and the room we got was very very comfortable and clean. The sweets was very spacious. I would definitely stay here again.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suites and fully equipped kitchens and friendly staff, especially Colby. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
"Close to down town"
Room and halways smelt of cigarette smoke often. Parking was a bit of a pain
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. My sincerest apologies for the odors you experienced in your room. Also, I'm sorry that you found our parking options to be inconvenient during your stay. To prevent this from happening again, I will meet with our housekeeping staff to review our cleaning procedures. In addition, I will discuss better ways for our front desk staff to communicate our more convenient parking options for future guests. Again, your feedback is greatly appreciated. I do hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in town.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
"ideal location"
Won't ruin your stay in Ottawa but don't expect it to add much, other than it being in a very good location. Price also very good.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your stay did not exceed your expectations. Still, I am delighted you were able to enjoy our superb location. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
2 night trip Feb 7, 2014
"Its pure waste of money"
Hotel maintenance and room ambiance is pathetic. Minimum needs in Ottawa like moisturizer also they are not providing. Breakfast is for name sake.. It is waste of money to stay in this hotel.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you were dissatisfied with your room and the amenities we had to offer. In response to your feedback, I am working with our team to make sure every guest receives a superior experience moving forward. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Other trip Jan 18, 2014
"nice hotel close to everything"
Colby went out of his way few times to get us a taxi.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Suzanne - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our staff's friendly service. I will be sure to tell Colby that you appreciated his assistance with getting a taxi each time a ride was needed. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Other trip Jan 1, 2014
suzanne
Everything was great unless the carpet of the room. They should be replaced !
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so happy to know that you had a great stay, and am pleased to let you know that we are scheduled to have our carpet replaced throughout the hotel very soon. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
"There are issues, but a very good hotel choice"
Had my a/c not broken the morning before checkout, making the room extremely hot, I would have ranked comfort higher. If you check in on the weekend, it could be a bit of a long wait and some of the furniture is dated, but overall I had a great time. The staff are very nice and the bad was very comfortable. The surrounding area is great! Would stay again.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2013
EJ
This hotel was perfect. Close to everything and able to walk. Even had a view of the fireworks over Parliament from our balcony.
2 night trip Aug 23, 2013
Jen
"Smell on room from smoke"
No clean bathroom
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2013
Dominik
"Walk to Parliament Hill"
We checked in at 9.45 PM and the front end staff asked us to leave the luggage and rush to see sound & light show at Parliament Hill. He even called a taxi. Thanks to him, we enjoyed this awesome show. We walked back...
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
It is so rewarding to read that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am proud of our team for anticipating your needs. Once again, thank you for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
Nilesh
"Overpriced for what it is"
Was given misleading information about the availability of on street parking, and the "hot" breakfast the next morning which turned out to be granola bars, fruit and coffee. No juice, nothing hot except the water for porridge. Room was spacious but not particularly clean and very run down. Booked for 5 people and there were only 2 sets of towels. Ended up costing us significantly more than what it should have, when adding parking which was required as there was no on street available.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2013
disappointed
"This hotel sucks"
I was on business in Ottawa and stayed at this hotel for three nights and the only good thing about this hotel is its location in Downtown - Ottawa. 1. The hallway had a distinctive bad smell. I could not figure out what it was. It will be right there once you stepped out of the elevator. 2. The so called "free" breakfast was made up of a small corner in the lobby where you could find a coffee machine, a couples of fruits, and granola bars. 3. The "free" internet was slow and kept dropping. I depend a lot on internet to stay in touch with my office and this was very frustrating 4. My room was not cleaned once during my entire stay. 5. The hotel itself needs some upgrade... This hotel sucks and will never go back there neither will I recommend it to anyone.
3 night business trip Jul 7, 2013
"close to the must-see sights"
It is not bad. Breakfast has few choices, more like a snack. No milk, yogurt, all are oats cereal bars. The corridor has a bad smell.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I am delighted that you were generally pleased with your stay; however, I am very sorry that you found the corridors unappealing. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. In particular, breakfast is a new offering for us so we appreciate your comments. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2013
"Our extended stay"
Overall, we were pleased with this hotel and its location. Our biggest complaint is that the double beds seem very small. More like large twins.
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
"feel like home~"
hotel is in down town and it's comfortable to stay there. we could cook for meals and felt like our house. there are dining room,small kichen room. it's a goomd point. and we could use free-wifi. but.. towel and pullow are not clean we saw someone's hair..
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
Lucy
"Hockey packs for breakfast"
This hotel is an average hotel, the rooms are ok, the breakfast was terrible, pre packed muffins, it is hockey season after all! Good location though.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate the kind comments about our great location; however, we apologize that our breakfast did not meet your expectations. To uphold our company's high standards, we will continue to ensure our Grab and Go breakfast is always fresh and available to our guest. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at the hotel so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing our Ottawa Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Other trip May 29, 2013
"close to all must-see sights"
very good
2 night trip May 23, 2013
"A Home Away From Home"
Choice location. Great atmosphere!
5 night trip May 16, 2013
Sizwe

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

Enjoyed the stay...though walls very thin...could hear the couple next door, and all traffic in the hall
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you letting us know about the noise issues you experienced. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with an enjoyable stay overall. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
3 night family trip Mar 27, 2016
Catherine
"Family Stay"
We chose this hotel so that we were close to everything while we visited our son who is going to school in Ottawa. The room was clean and roomy. Although we didn't spend much time there, the room was spacious, and very comfortable. The price was reasonable and was close enough to downtown that you could walk. I would stay here again.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I was pleased to read that our location suited your needs and that you enjoyed our comfortable accommodations. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
3 night family trip Mar 24, 2016
Shirley
"Great value"
We got a lot of use out of the little kitchenette, and were very comfortable in the room. I would definitely stay here again. Great value for a low price!
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
The team and I were so happy to read such a positive review. It’s great to read that you enjoyed our reasonable rates as well as our fully equipped kitchens! Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
3 night romance trip Mar 25, 2016