All hotels in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
141 Cooper St, Ottawa, ON, K2P 0E8, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Old hotel"
Stay here if someone needs to scratch or damage one's vehicle. Further to add, this hotel charges 15 CAD per day for parking.
1 night family trip Aug 23, 2015
Jabed
"Please fix elevators."
1 out of 2 Elevators was broken most of the weekend. We had to climb stairs to the 9th floor 4 times. Good exercise but when it was time to bring our luggage down on Sunday it was extremely stressful as we had to drop our son off at bus and we were running out of time due to waiting for the elevator. I love this hotel and stay here each time I visit Ottawa. It is close to another son and we can walk everywhere in Ottawa from this location. The new breakfast area is a big improvement over my previous visits. The variety of food offered is good.
2 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
"ok stay"
Great location and we walked everywhere we went. Elevators extremely slow and broke down so we took the stairs alot to our 9th floor room. No room cleaning service which can be inconvenient.Room was nice and had a kitchen. More dishes and dish soap would be beneficial.
3 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
Deb
Good price for a location close to downtown. We only stayed one night so the location didn't really help us that much, as we did our walking tour before checking in, but would be a great place to stay a few days. Parking was $14 a day. Staff was helpful when I asked if we could have an extra bed I was told it wouldn't fit in our room, so we were offered a suite with a pull out couch for only %10 more- good deal. No problem at breakfast, plenty of room, they had an overflow dining area maybe some reviewers didn't see.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
Everything was smooth, from check in to check out. We needed extra bedding and when I called someone brought it up to us immediately at 1am. Great service. Goo location - 12 minute walk to the market.
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Our suite is very spacious and clean. The front desk staff is very friendly. The complimentory breakfast has no hot food and barely nothing to choose from. Breakfast is from 630-930 am. When I arrived there about 830 am, there was no orange juice left. I was told they ran out of orange juice when I asked for refill of orange juice. Watch out underground parking when yoi have a minivan. It is impossible to exit the garage if you are not parked at the first two parking spots near the exit. They expect you to make a sharp 90 degree turn to exit their garage with the concrete wall right infront of you and exiy 90 degree to your left. I scratched my right front bumpet of my minivan.
1 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
Shurong
"Multiple rooms - sports team"
We booked 15+ rooms for stay August 7/8/9. The hotel was accommodating with requests. Service was excellent. Most rooms were great...only one guest had a problem that was quickly rectified and acknowledged. One of the two elevators was broken all weekend which was very inconvenient. Staff were empathetic and some people were provided with some reimbursements due to this problem. The rooms were spacious and well stocked. All requests all weekend were handled promptly and with friendliness. Breakfast was basic..fruit, toast, cereal, waffles, coffee etc. Everything is within walking distance, many pubs and stores and only 15 min walk to downtown Ottawa. Great trip overall! The manager, Amie is exceptional! :)
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
April
"Family of 6"
Perfect for a family of 6!
3 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
Claude
"Nice clean and few steps from Downtown ottowa"
Excellent Nice clean and freindly staff Very near to downtown and overall stay was very convenient Only thing i would like ti report is absence of ventilation in the bathroom
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
Magdy
"Excellent and Professional Accomadation/Service"
Our stay was great, walking distance from every place that we wanted to visitg.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Noreen - It is so rewarding to read that you had an excellent stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am proud of our team for providing friendly and professional service. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
Noreen
"Great price - location - confort!"
Hotel was very comfy, breakfast was continental but good! Basic things! Great location close to everything!
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you for your recent review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our great location and convenient amenities. I’m thrilled that you found our hotel to be a good value! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
2 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
Juan J.
My sister and I were in Ottawa for Canada Day and the location of the hotel is excellent. It's right across the road from City Hall and a short walk away from Parliament Hill and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. The room we had was huge and had a nice view of Chateau Laurier. The only complaint I had was of the cleanliness. Our bed sheet had a cigarette burn in it (eventhough its a non-smoking room...) and we had to get one of the lamps replaced because it didnt work. The staff was friendly,helpful and attentive. They came up and fixed our room immediately. The maid service only came once to our room though. The hotel is a bit outdated but it didnt matter to us. Other than that, our stay was good.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. Your comments in regards to the excellent experience you had at our hotel are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read you had a housekeeping issue. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is retraining on appropriate standards for our linen. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
4 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
Excellent location, room could have included a broom
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am so pleased to know that our location and hotel suited your needs. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
4 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
"Vacation"
The bedrooms are very small in one of them you could only get in bed from one side. Dated. Very good location downtown.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. We appreciate the kind comments about our exceptional location; however, we apologize that the suite itself did not meet your expectations. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are committed to working to improve the experience of all our guests. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
3 night trip with friends Jun 8, 2015
Antonio
Amazing service, hotel was very clean, excellent location
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our staff and enjoyed all the amenities our hotel has to offer. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Kate
"A week in Ottawa"
Strangely, several important Canadian television channels (and a listings channel) were just not available on the hotel's system, and the staff were simply unaware that there was a problem, because they sent a man to work on my set and only then realised that the problem was system-wide. A couple of mornings, the breakfast room could not hold those who wanted to have the buffet breakfast, but that was probably a rare occurrence. The telephone had no instructions and I was originally given wrong instructions about how to retrieve left calls. I discovered how to do this on my own. But I do not want to give the impression that I did not enjoy my stay. The bed was comfortable and the little kitchen was equipped with everything necessary -- although (and I had to be given instructions about this) one had to push the "power" button on the microwave before one could punch in a time; this meant that one could not vary the power itself. And if it is important, one should know that the hotel provides no lotion among its toiletries.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that you had issues with your TV. We are working with our maintenance department to rectify the problem. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a comfortable stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
7 night trip May 15, 2015
"Good weekend"
We had a fire alarm go off our first night at 2:30am. The breakfast area is too small for the size of the hotel. We weren't able to sit down because it was packed. Great location.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our apologies that breakfast area was crowded. Still, we are happy to know that we were able to provide you a good location. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
2 night romance trip May 16, 2015
Branislav
"Taking the grand kids on vacation"
Friendly staff.great location .
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed our friendly staff and great location. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
4 night family trip May 13, 2015
"Great location, but watch your car."
Hotel location is excellent. Close access to lots of major attractions. The facility is a bit noisy - lots of hallway noise can be heard in the rooms. Continental breakfast is not much to look at. If you're planning on driving to this hotel, be forewarned: you'll have to use street parking to check in and the bylaw officers are extremely aggressive and unreasonable. DON'T LEAVE YOUR CAR UNATTENDED! Parking garage is extremely cramped and could prove inconvenient for larger vehicles.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate the kind comments about our convenient location; however, we apologize that noise of other guests disturbed your stay and that our parking was not to our satisfaction. Still, I am glad you had a positive stay overall. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
3 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
"would stay again"
It was a nice place to stay. Close to downtown. Staff was friendly and helpful. Given early check in and late check out. Place was clean and nice. Only weird thing was hotel key needed to get into the staircases or parking underground.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such pleasant things about your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our accommodations and friendly staff. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
2 night trip with friends May 16, 2015
Irene
It was great! I will always go to the same hotel when I travel to Ottawa.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
It is so rewarding to read that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your comments. We are thrilled we were able to provide you with pleasant service and a convenient location. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Other trip May 15, 2015
A
"It was alright but not the best"
Location was great, parking was convenient (at an extra charge), but the room was a little disappointment, we paid around 230-240$ for a 2 br apt, but then the A/C vents streams cold air from the outside even though it was off, and the TV stand was broken, not a big deal, but we were a little concerned that we get the blame, so I made sure to let them know about it, the room door was a little chipped and it shows how old those doors are. We came to renew passport at an embassy for just one night, so we didn't really care.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. It upsets me to hear that your suite lacked the proper care and that the door and television stand required attention. I am sorry for your experience. To uphold our company's high standards, we will re-inspect these areas moving forward. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Other trip May 13, 2015
Nice as expected, well located and clean. Effective front desk personnel
Other trip May 11, 2015
Jorge
"not worth it"
there was a mouse in my room
1 night trip Apr 9, 2015
"Dependable"
I can always depend on a good room, attentive service and a great time in the community.
1 night family trip Apr 6, 2015
Room was great accomodated 6 well. Great restaurants near by. Also near to parlament good location
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm thrilled that the spacious suite and great location met your needs. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
2 night family trip May 1, 2015
patricia
"Our stay was great!"
our stay was only for one night for a concert but the room was very comfortable. the only downside was the air conditioning. it didn't work that great. overall, the room was great, clean, and the bed was very comfortable. the hotel location was excellent and the staff were very helpful.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you for your kind remarks. We appreciate you letting us know that the air conditioning in your suite was not working at full capacity. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a clean and comfortable room. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
1 night romance trip May 4, 2015
Wayne
Parking fees seemed excessive. Double suite was roomy, kitchenette convenient. Flat screen TVs in all 3 rooms was unexpected! Staff were helpful. Continental breakfast and informal dinning area was well done and the kitchen staff were exceptional.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you for your informative review of our property. We appreciate you letting us know that you were surprised by the parking fees. As a downtown property, parking is at a premium, but for your next visit you might consider the overnight street parking, which is free between the hours of 6 p.m. and 7 a.m. on most streets and all day on weekends. We are happy to read that we provided you with an otherwise enjoyable stay. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
Gord
"Nice hotel, downtown."
Nice, clean hotel, reasonably priced. Within walking distance of Parliament Hill, Byward Market, museums, etc.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you for your considerate review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments about our cleanliness and affordable price. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Clay
"Weak Breakfast"
I had to attend an embassy, so i decided to go with Extended Stay, because they offered breakfast and to be honest it was close to the embassy. The room was fine, it bugged me that there was no room service on Sunday but regardless. The thing that bugged me the most was horrible breakfast. I thought that the price that i paid for would give me decent breakfast. Thing to improve would be not to be cheap on food.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that you would appreciate a heartier breakfast. We have recently made upgrades to our breakfast selections and feedback such as yours helps us improve. Still, we are happy to know that overall you enjoyed your stay and that you enjoyed the suite layout. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Bella
"Nice good size rooms"
Sinceramente it is very near downtown, we walked and enjoyed
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm glad you found our location convenient for visiting Ottawa and that you enjoyed our spacious suites. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
"Friendly Staff near the University of Ottawa"
The staff at the Extended Stay went out of their way to ensure that I was welcome. The hotel has completed it's renovations and is now very convenient, clean and modern. It is conveniently located near the University of Ottawa and Elgin Street for food and shopping.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
Stephen
Good for the price. Great location. Easy and pleasent stay.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm thrilled that our central location and affordable price meant you enjoyed your trip. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
Great location, good breakfast. Room was huge and well equipped for longer stay.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed our grab-and-go breakfast as well as our hotel’s location. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
it was great location, and best of all, walking distance to canal skating Loved it!
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you letting us know you found the elevators slow. We are sorry for this, but are happy to read you enjoyed the location and attentive service. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Canada. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"Winterlude."
Great location and so comfortable. Nice to have the apartment to relax in before heading out to explore the city
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you appreciated the apartment-style set up of the suite. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
2 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
Friendly service, busy breakfast, slow elevators, older but decent rooms, great location close to the canal, city hall etc. Parking on street for free over the weekend.
3 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"Clean and new. Quiet location"
Nice location on a side street provides a quiet environment. Simple amenities but clean and new. Great value for money. Coffee shops and pubs nearby. Friendly, helpful staff. Included breakfast is nice: two kinds of coffee, make your own waffles, oatmeal, cold cereal, small selection of fruit. We only stayed for two nights but I can see being comfortable there for a longer period of time. Have already recommended this location to friends.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
EJD
"Nice spot, full kitchen"
great location, right next to city hall and Rideau Canal. Room had a full kitchen, including oven.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Buddy
"Great location. Just fine"
4 night stay. Everything was as expected. Large room. Comfortable bed. Bathroom worked. Was able to stay with my 2 large dogs. Only downside was one night our neighbors were loud, but the staff gave us a different room the next night. No problems after. Note that loud neighbors could even happen at the chateaux Laurier.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
"pleasant stay"
Very good
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
Basha
"Good hotel, clise to the Rideau Canal Skateway"
Good hotel, good value for the price. Within walking distance of the Rideau Canal Skateway.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Tanya
"Room very cold"
The room was freezing
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Sayan - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you found the suite cold. I am reviewing your comments with our maintenance staff to ensure this situation does not happen again. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town. ​
4 night business trip Jan 4, 2015
Sayan
"Jan.7th"
Warm, clean, friendly front desk, I couldn't ask more. Thank you.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
It is so rewarding to read that you had a superb stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am proud of our team for delivering a clean room and friendly service. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
1 night business trip Jan 7, 2015
"Good hotel in good location."
Stayed here on New Years Eve. Room was very clean. Great location (close to restaurants/bars). Kitchen was a tad outdated/not well stocked but otherwise very good. Beds comfortable. Service good.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"Good value on a 2bdrm suite"
We stayed for a one night family staycation. Staff was friendly. Hotel is in a decent location downtown.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Tracy - We want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are glad to read that you were pleased with our friendly staff and convenient location. We are also happy to let you know that we will launch our new and improved breakfast, including more items and selection soon. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Tracy
"Consistently reliable staff and accomodation."
Staff is helpful and friendly. Parking is reasonable too. Close to all I need, shopping, restaurants, comedy club, skating, etc.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We truly appreciate your comments regarding the friendliness of our staff and our hotel's proximity to all Ottawa has to offer. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
2 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
"Great Location + Wifi, Better Breakfast"
We stayed for two nights (Dec 30, Dec 31) so that we could get a chance to see Ottawa during the New Years. For us, the location was great because it was 5 minutes walk from Byward Market, the Rideau Centre, and a little bit more (15 minutes max I'd say) to Parliament Hill. There are supermakets nearby, and even local pubs and restaurants, all within walking distance. The room comes with stable wifi, and overall it was acceptable. There's a kitchen so you can cook and all that. Also, they have toothbrush and toothpaste if you ask. The breakfast is not anything outstanding. You get packaged muffins, coffee, instant oatmeal packets, fruits, and granola bars. I think you can get better elsewhere.
2 night trip with friends Dec 30, 2014
Ethan
"Nice place to spend extended periods of time"
Overall, "ok" experience at the hotel. It was convenient for the length of time we spent in Ottawa.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Sam - It is so rewarding to read that you had a nice stay with us. Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you letting us know that the maintenance in your room could have been better; we will have our maintenance engineer address the issues in your room. We would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Sam
"Excellent and central location."
Staff are very friendly and helpful and welcoming. Hotel is excellent central location for sights, food, and bars. Quiet street. Highly recommend, great value for $$.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Mary - Thank you for telling us about your stay. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and convenient location. Thank you again for your kind words. We hope to see you again in the future.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014