All hotels in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

My stay here was very enjoyable! I had reserved one night in a king Bed suite and the front desk upgraded us for free to the penthouse suite! It was amazing :)
1 night trip Aug 18, 2012
Chanty
"Very good price for an in city hotel"
We liked the location, easy to get to and close to some of Ottawa's downtown attractions. The hotel is a little worn and the elevators were very slow. The front desk staff were very friendly and efficient. We were able to get a late checkout which we thought was nice and fit in well with our plans.
Other trip Aug 16, 2012
"More like an apartment than a hotel"
That' what I love about this place, but it isn't for anyone. it int the quality of a 4 star hotel but I give it a high rating because the staff are great, I love having a full kitchen so I eat right or can at least save and reheat take out meals. The wifi works great now. But sadly no pool. Also their are some shady guests here from time to time. I think it may be in part, perminant residents for some, and they seem to be of a lower class. Over all, I love it here, the location is great. The staff are great.
1 night business trip Jul 28, 2012
Euryale

"Great price - location - confort!"
Hotel was very comfy, breakfast was continental but good! Basic things! Great location close to everything!
2 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
Juan J.
My sister and I were in Ottawa for Canada Day and the location of the hotel is excellent. It's right across the road from City Hall and a short walk away from Parliament Hill and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. The room we had was huge and had a nice view of Chateau Laurier. The only complaint I had was of the cleanliness. Our bed sheet had a cigarette burn in it (eventhough its a non-smoking room...) and we had to get one of the lamps replaced because it didnt work. The staff was friendly,helpful and attentive. They came up and fixed our room immediately. The maid service only came once to our room though. The hotel is a bit outdated but it didnt matter to us. Other than that, our stay was good.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. Your comments in regards to the excellent experience you had at our hotel are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read you had a housekeeping issue. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is retraining on appropriate standards for our linen. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
4 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
Excellent location, room could have included a broom
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am so pleased to know that our location and hotel suited your needs. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
4 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
"Vacation"
The bedrooms are very small in one of them you could only get in bed from one side. Dated. Very good location downtown.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. We appreciate the kind comments about our exceptional location; however, we apologize that the suite itself did not meet your expectations. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are committed to working to improve the experience of all our guests. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
3 night trip with friends Jun 8, 2015
Antonio
"A week in Ottawa"
Strangely, several important Canadian television channels (and a listings channel) were just not available on the hotel's system, and the staff were simply unaware that there was a problem, because they sent a man to work on my set and only then realised that the problem was system-wide. A couple of mornings, the breakfast room could not hold those who wanted to have the buffet breakfast, but that was probably a rare occurrence. The telephone had no instructions and I was originally given wrong instructions about how to retrieve left calls. I discovered how to do this on my own. But I do not want to give the impression that I did not enjoy my stay. The bed was comfortable and the little kitchen was equipped with everything necessary -- although (and I had to be given instructions about this) one had to push the "power" button on the microwave before one could punch in a time; this meant that one could not vary the power itself. And if it is important, one should know that the hotel provides no lotion among its toiletries.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that you had issues with your TV. We are working with our maintenance department to rectify the problem. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a comfortable stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
7 night trip May 15, 2015
"Good weekend"
We had a fire alarm go off our first night at 2:30am. The breakfast area is too small for the size of the hotel. We weren't able to sit down because it was packed. Great location.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our apologies that breakfast area was crowded. Still, we are happy to know that we were able to provide you a good location. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
2 night romance trip May 16, 2015
Branislav
"Taking the grand kids on vacation"
Friendly staff.great location .
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed our friendly staff and great location. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
4 night family trip May 13, 2015
"Great location, but watch your car."
Hotel location is excellent. Close access to lots of major attractions. The facility is a bit noisy - lots of hallway noise can be heard in the rooms. Continental breakfast is not much to look at. If you're planning on driving to this hotel, be forewarned: you'll have to use street parking to check in and the bylaw officers are extremely aggressive and unreasonable. DON'T LEAVE YOUR CAR UNATTENDED! Parking garage is extremely cramped and could prove inconvenient for larger vehicles.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate the kind comments about our convenient location; however, we apologize that noise of other guests disturbed your stay and that our parking was not to our satisfaction. Still, I am glad you had a positive stay overall. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
3 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
"would stay again"
It was a nice place to stay. Close to downtown. Staff was friendly and helpful. Given early check in and late check out. Place was clean and nice. Only weird thing was hotel key needed to get into the staircases or parking underground.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such pleasant things about your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our accommodations and friendly staff. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
2 night trip with friends May 16, 2015
Irene
"not worth it"
there was a mouse in my room
1 night trip Apr 9, 2015
"Dependable"
I can always depend on a good room, attentive service and a great time in the community.
1 night family trip Apr 6, 2015
Room was great accomodated 6 well. Great restaurants near by. Also near to parlament good location
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm thrilled that the spacious suite and great location met your needs. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
2 night family trip May 1, 2015
patricia
"Our stay was great!"
our stay was only for one night for a concert but the room was very comfortable. the only downside was the air conditioning. it didn't work that great. overall, the room was great, clean, and the bed was very comfortable. the hotel location was excellent and the staff were very helpful.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you for your kind remarks. We appreciate you letting us know that the air conditioning in your suite was not working at full capacity. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a clean and comfortable room. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
1 night romance trip May 4, 2015
Wayne
Parking fees seemed excessive. Double suite was roomy, kitchenette convenient. Flat screen TVs in all 3 rooms was unexpected! Staff were helpful. Continental breakfast and informal dinning area was well done and the kitchen staff were exceptional.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you for your informative review of our property. We appreciate you letting us know that you were surprised by the parking fees. As a downtown property, parking is at a premium, but for your next visit you might consider the overnight street parking, which is free between the hours of 6 p.m. and 7 a.m. on most streets and all day on weekends. We are happy to read that we provided you with an otherwise enjoyable stay. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
Gord
"Nice hotel, downtown."
Nice, clean hotel, reasonably priced. Within walking distance of Parliament Hill, Byward Market, museums, etc.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you for your considerate review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments about our cleanliness and affordable price. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Clay
"Weak Breakfast"
I had to attend an embassy, so i decided to go with Extended Stay, because they offered breakfast and to be honest it was close to the embassy. The room was fine, it bugged me that there was no room service on Sunday but regardless. The thing that bugged me the most was horrible breakfast. I thought that the price that i paid for would give me decent breakfast. Thing to improve would be not to be cheap on food.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that you would appreciate a heartier breakfast. We have recently made upgrades to our breakfast selections and feedback such as yours helps us improve. Still, we are happy to know that overall you enjoyed your stay and that you enjoyed the suite layout. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Bella
"Nice good size rooms"
Sinceramente it is very near downtown, we walked and enjoyed
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm glad you found our location convenient for visiting Ottawa and that you enjoyed our spacious suites. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
"Friendly Staff near the University of Ottawa"
The staff at the Extended Stay went out of their way to ensure that I was welcome. The hotel has completed it's renovations and is now very convenient, clean and modern. It is conveniently located near the University of Ottawa and Elgin Street for food and shopping.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
Stephen
Good for the price. Great location. Easy and pleasent stay.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm thrilled that our central location and affordable price meant you enjoyed your trip. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
Great location, good breakfast. Room was huge and well equipped for longer stay.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed our grab-and-go breakfast as well as our hotel’s location. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
it was great location, and best of all, walking distance to canal skating Loved it!
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you letting us know you found the elevators slow. We are sorry for this, but are happy to read you enjoyed the location and attentive service. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Canada. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"Winterlude."
Great location and so comfortable. Nice to have the apartment to relax in before heading out to explore the city
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you appreciated the apartment-style set up of the suite. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
2 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
Friendly service, busy breakfast, slow elevators, older but decent rooms, great location close to the canal, city hall etc. Parking on street for free over the weekend.
3 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"Clean and new. Quiet location"
Nice location on a side street provides a quiet environment. Simple amenities but clean and new. Great value for money. Coffee shops and pubs nearby. Friendly, helpful staff. Included breakfast is nice: two kinds of coffee, make your own waffles, oatmeal, cold cereal, small selection of fruit. We only stayed for two nights but I can see being comfortable there for a longer period of time. Have already recommended this location to friends.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. It's great to hear that you have recommended us to family and friends. The team and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
EJD
"Nice spot, full kitchen"
great location, right next to city hall and Rideau Canal. Room had a full kitchen, including oven.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Buddy
"Great location. Just fine"
4 night stay. Everything was as expected. Large room. Comfortable bed. Bathroom worked. Was able to stay with my 2 large dogs. Only downside was one night our neighbors were loud, but the staff gave us a different room the next night. No problems after. Note that loud neighbors could even happen at the chateaux Laurier.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our apologies for the disturbance the first evening. Still, we are encouraged to know we were able to find you a quieter suite so you could enjoy the remainder of your stay with us. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Canada. We hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
"pleasant stay"
Very good
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
Basha
"Good hotel, clise to the Rideau Canal Skateway"
Good hotel, good value for the price. Within walking distance of the Rideau Canal Skateway.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Tanya - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay. I'm so pleased that our proximity to the Rideau Canal and our value made your stay enjoyable. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Tanya
"Room very cold"
The room was freezing
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Sayan - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you found the suite cold. I am reviewing your comments with our maintenance staff to ensure this situation does not happen again. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town. ​
4 night business trip Jan 4, 2015
Sayan
"Jan.7th"
Warm, clean, friendly front desk, I couldn't ask more. Thank you.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
It is so rewarding to read that you had a superb stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am proud of our team for delivering a clean room and friendly service. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
1 night business trip Jan 7, 2015
"Good hotel in good location."
Stayed here on New Years Eve. Room was very clean. Great location (close to restaurants/bars). Kitchen was a tad outdated/not well stocked but otherwise very good. Beds comfortable. Service good.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"Good value on a 2bdrm suite"
We stayed for a one night family staycation. Staff was friendly. Hotel is in a decent location downtown.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Tracy - We want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are glad to read that you were pleased with our friendly staff and convenient location. We are also happy to let you know that we will launch our new and improved breakfast, including more items and selection soon. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Tracy
"Consistently reliable staff and accomodation."
Staff is helpful and friendly. Parking is reasonable too. Close to all I need, shopping, restaurants, comedy club, skating, etc.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We truly appreciate your comments regarding the friendliness of our staff and our hotel's proximity to all Ottawa has to offer. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
2 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
"Great Location + Wifi, Better Breakfast"
We stayed for two nights (Dec 30, Dec 31) so that we could get a chance to see Ottawa during the New Years. For us, the location was great because it was 5 minutes walk from Byward Market, the Rideau Centre, and a little bit more (15 minutes max I'd say) to Parliament Hill. There are supermakets nearby, and even local pubs and restaurants, all within walking distance. The room comes with stable wifi, and overall it was acceptable. There's a kitchen so you can cook and all that. Also, they have toothbrush and toothpaste if you ask. The breakfast is not anything outstanding. You get packaged muffins, coffee, instant oatmeal packets, fruits, and granola bars. I think you can get better elsewhere.
2 night trip with friends Dec 30, 2014
Ethan
"Nice place to spend extended periods of time"
Overall, "ok" experience at the hotel. It was convenient for the length of time we spent in Ottawa.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Sam - It is so rewarding to read that you had a nice stay with us. Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you letting us know that the maintenance in your room could have been better; we will have our maintenance engineer address the issues in your room. We would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Sam
"Excellent and central location."
Staff are very friendly and helpful and welcoming. Hotel is excellent central location for sights, food, and bars. Quiet street. Highly recommend, great value for $$.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Mary - Thank you for telling us about your stay. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and convenient location. Thank you again for your kind words. We hope to see you again in the future.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Simple Hotel, Afforable Stay"
The hotel is simple in its offering and just what my husband and I were looking for - we were in town visiting family so needed a place to stay that was close to home. We weren't looking for the 5 star experience, just a place that was clean, warm and able to host us at night. The staff were welcoming and accommodating, the bed was comfortable and it was nice to have a sink, stove and fridge for snacks during our stay.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Christiane - Thank you for posting a review of your stay. We are glad that you found us to be a good value and enjoyed our accommodating staff. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Christiane
"Convenient, good location"
Great location...walking distance to Parliament buildings. I like the "extended stay" concept - we could cook our own meals.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Karen - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We apologize that your toaster and hair dryer did not work. We are sorry for this issue, but it's great to read that our staff was helpful and that you enjoyed your fully equipped kitchen. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
"Feels like home"
When i first entered the hotel there was a bit of construction going on, so it was a bit loud, but i really must say that the girls at the reception area were friendly (even apologizing) and very helpful with all my questions. The other members of the staff in general were friendly. The room was very orderly and clean. (with bedroom, living area, and kitchenette loaded with supplies It felt like a home away from home. the only downside was that the gym was not up and running and the heater was a bit loud, otherwise i would really invite my friends to stay at the hotel.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that there were still some finishing touches being made to our renovation. Still, we are thrilled to know that based on our friendly service and your clean room, that you would recommend us to your friends. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
3 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2014
Jody
"Hospitality was horrible!"
The room was great but the service just killed my stay. The worst part that would stop me from coming back would be the service was horrible. no hospitality from staff or the even the manager! Top add to this we were charged for one bag of coffee on a two night book. If we book 2 days then we should have two days worth of supply. Or should we have booked two individual days to check out and in to receive better service?YOU ARE IN HOSPITALITY BUSINESS, #1 IS TO HAVE YOUR CUSTOMERS ENJOY THE SAY AND CATER TO THEIR NEEDS! MANAGER NEEDS A LOT MORE TRAINING!
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you for telling us about your experience. We are glad that you enjoyed your room; however, we are disappointed to hear that you did not receive quality service. We will review your feedback with our staff and work to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Thank you again for your comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
2 night romance trip Dec 7, 2014
Bruce Paul
"Not my idea of a hotel stay"
I booked for one day as an extension to an earlier six days at the same hotel made by my colleague. I'm new to the extended stay concept so I was not prepared for the no frills approach that among other things meant no room cleaning. As in NONE at all during the one week that I stayed... A first for me in many years of travel.. The front desk people were pleasant and courteous enough.. And they did send someone one evening to check if I wanted fresh towels.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am so disappointed that our housekeeping services were not explained thoroughly. Please accept my apology. Housekeeping services are provided once a week for guests who stay eight nights or more. For guests staying less than a week and for guests who desire additional housekeeping services, we offer the opportunity to purchase full housekeeping or refresh services for a nominal fee. In addition, we always offer complimentary exchange service at the front desk for items such as towels, bed linens, and soap upon request. We will use your comments to coach our team to provide better communication of our services in the future.​ Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
1 night business trip Dec 6, 2014
CAMILO
"Perfect Hotel"
Not sure what other rooms are like, but on both my stays, I got a 1 bedroom apartment. Very clean, nice place, perfect location 5 minute walk from the NAC.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you for your great review of our property. We appreciate you letting us know that you would appreciate a heartier breakfast, which is coming soon! We are sorry it wasn't ready for your visit, but are happy to read that we provided you with a nice stay overall. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.​
Other trip Dec 4, 2014
"Great hotel!"
The staff were great. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The beds were very comfy. plenty of room for everyone. It was nice to have a full kitchen in the room.
2 night trip with friends Nov 21, 2014
"Clean, comfortable, conveniently located"
Good sized rooms with full kitchenet, very clean, great location within walking distance to Elgin Street, Parliament, and other Ottawa attractions. Service very good, with check in lasting 1 minute. Rooms are slightly outdated but clean, and with everything working. Definitely not my last stay there.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you found your room to be clean and comfortable and our location to be convenient to your travel needs. As well, I'm glad to hear that you were pleased with the service provided by our great staff. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
2 night business trip Nov 24, 2014
Marek
"Nice place to stay."
I stayed here because it was a last minute option. Decent price, comfortable room, very clean. Staff are very helpful and friendly. It was under construction so there wasn't a restaurent, however, free breakfast was provided.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room and our helpful staff during your visit with us. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. As well, thank you for your recommendation regarding the furniture in our guest rooms. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
"Two day stay"
Downtown area on a one way street. Parking was tight but inside a parking garage. Balcony door lock was broken so spiderman could enter at any point in the night. Hotel staff were great. Every else was great.
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our team; however, we apologize that there was an issue with your balcony door lock. To ensure a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is being trained to check this item in each guest rooms. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.
2 night business trip Nov 6, 2014
"family frendly"
We spent 1 night here and my family enjoyed our stay in this hotel
Response by Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
The team and I appreciate your kind remarks. Please accept our apologies that you were disturbed by noise from adjacent suites. Still, we are pleased to know that we were able to provide you a clean suite and friendly staff. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014