All hotels in Overland Park, Kansas, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here12010 Blue Valley Pkwy, Overland Park, KS, 66213, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"A great room and friendly staff"
The room is excellent and was available at a very reasonable price. What made the hotel really special was how friendly the front desk staff was when they checked me in. I often take business trips to the area and will definitely be staying here again.
1 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
"Very satisfied ."
Really nice suite and kitchenette. Bed was very comfortable. Will definitely come back again. Only complaint is that the facility is difficult to see from main road, at night .
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
Was really a great deal
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Dennis
"Consistantly Great"
The RI is always at the top of our list if we can get a reasonable price. It is showing signs of age, but seems to be well maintained. They also have the best scrambled eggs on the planet!
3 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"Enjoyed this hotel"
If you're going to spend time in a hotel room, this hotel is great! You can sit on a couch and watch tv. They have a nice kitchenette, and even had mints in a jar. It was clean and well kept. I will be staying here again!
1 night romance trip Aug 29, 2014
Janet
Overall experience was great! We didn't use the pool or exercise room. But our 2 bedroom/2 bathroom room was very comfortable
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
Ulf
Nice clean Hotel. Coffee is good as well.
2 night trip with friends Apr 12, 2014
Rick B
"Very Impressed!"
My husband and I stayed here for a getaway. I was nervous because the price was so good and the pictures looked dated compared to other hotels. When we got there we were totally blown away- the hotel is very nice!! The lobby and dining area are classy, and our room was awesome. The staff were super nice and helpful (I mad to call them beforehand multiple time with special requests and questions and they were always very eager to help). The staff went out of their way to make sure we had a fireplace in our room (what a treat!). We had zero complaints. :) I will make note that though there are pictures of ovens in the kitchen photos, there are only a couple rooms with ovens...so if you're needing an oven, definitely call to figure out what you need before booking (we booked a basic suite and didn't get an oven).
1 night trip Feb 8, 2014
"Close to shopping"
We enjoyed our stay. Hotel room was very comfortable and hotel was close to shopping and resturants. The website says fireplace in rooms but we did not have one. Next time I will request that when I make the reservation. Will stay here again for sure!
4 night family trip Jan 16, 2014
Suze
"Great for business travelers or families"
The hotel isn't fancy and new but it was well maintained and had a friendly staff. My only complaint would be that they don't have an oven, just a couple of small burners and microwave and fridge of course. The breakfast was complimentary and had tasty hot items. I would definitely stay again.
1 night trip Jan 5, 2014
Cherron
"We all loved the hotel - even our dog!"
We brought our dog and 7 year old for several days and this was the perfect home away from home. The breakfast was very good with lots of choices, and different main items every day. The service was fantastic and everyone was very, very nice. My husband and daughter used the indoor pool every day. The area has lots of different shops and restaurants nearby so when I was out walking the dog I got to see the area. It was convenient to everything we wanted to do. We will definitely come back here next we visit!
3 night trip Dec 29, 2013
Linda Craddock
"great pace to relax"
We had a wonderful stay, when we checked in we asked for a room with a firelpace, and we did receive a great room as requested. The staff was very friendly and the hotel is in a great location.
2 night trip Nov 23, 2013
John C.
"Small beds"
I thought the beds were small for two grown adults it was very uncomfortable. The lights outside of the room were so bright you couldn't fall asleep, even with the curtains closed it was bright.
2 night trip Oct 11, 2013
Amber
"Residence inn Overland Park ks"
The tough part of the stay was the noise , it seemed like a pre teen sports team in the same floor , kids running in the hall way as last as mid night , also when leaving kids in the doorways . Kids didn't get it, neither did their parents
3 night trip Aug 29, 2013
"Love Residence Inn"
The staff were amazing. The hotel needs some updating but was very clean. The area around has a lot to do and everyone was very nice. Only disappointing thing was the breakfast. We lived in a Residence Inn in Springfield MO for 6 months and the food area and amenities were so much better so that was disappointing. Overall great hotel to stay at!
1 night romance trip Aug 9, 2013
Wren
I really enjoyed the motel my only problem was i needed king size beds in the 2 suite bedroom or at least 1 king and 2 queens maybe would have worked better..... otherwise good
2 night trip Sep 21, 2012
sharon

"Lots of Space"
If you are looking for a family hotel or a place for an extended stay - this place is perfect.
1 night trip Sep 22, 2014
2 night business trip Dec 7, 2013
2 night business trip Dec 5, 2013
3 night business trip Nov 29, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Residence Inn Kansas City Overland Park

"Great room in great location"
04/28/15 GMAKAT Kansas City, Missouri
We stayed Saturday night in April. Walked to a huge liquor store just behind the motel and got something for the evening. Later we walked to a restaurant for supper, then walked to Stanford comedy club and saw their show. Walked past a grocery store on our way back to the motel and bought a pizza we cooked in the full-sized oven. I really liked being able to walk everywhere rather than needing to drive. There was also a full sized frig and a dishwasher. We had a 2 bedroom - each room had a queen bed, TV, and bathroom - just like having two motel rooms - plus a living room/kitchen in between. Very nice - we played cards and enjoyed our pizza together. The wifi worked fine in our room (330). Got up in the morning and watched TV until everyone appeared from their separate rooms. No guessing when they would wake up with the 2 bedroom set up. Went down to a FANTASTIC breakfast - including coffee, juice, oatmeal with toppings such as brown sugar and raisins, scrambled eggs with toppings such as salsa and cheese, biscuits and gravy, new potato wedges, pastries, muffins, bagels with cream cheese or jelly, waffles with syrup, blueberries, or strawberries and even whipped cream! There were two attendants keeping the breakfast stocked and the tables cleaned. The room was very clean and we were able to keep the temperature comfortable with no problem. The indoor pool was warm and the hot tub was hot. The guys enjoyed playing basketball. They even had a couple of putting greens and a nice conversation pit in a courtyard. I would highly recommend!
"Friendly service"
01/17/15 BethParr Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Great staff and good rooms if your going for value and room. Larger rooms with great amenities for longer stays. Breakfast was OK. Happy Hour was good with quite a few choices. Rooms clean and pet friendly. I usually don't see both. Parking was a problem. I came in at around 10pm and it was full. I ended up parking in another hotels parking lot. That would have been ok in the summer but it was 10 degrees outside...Good thing the heat in the room worked great!!!
"Comfortable stay for longer duration"
12/23/14 Itismyplanet Hyderabad
Stayed here for a week during my Business visit to Kansas city. Residence Inn Service Apartment are ideal for longer stay (1 week or more). Apartment has fully equipped kitchen. Well maintained property at a very good location, all major supermarkets are walking distance to fulfill all your daily needs. Daily Complementary Breakfast and evening snacks (Mon-Thu) are helpful for Business traveler. There is Improvement opportunity to ensure Daily Room Service.
"Friendly service compensates for shortfalls"
12/02/14 Harvey C Tulsa, Oklahoma
We like staying here to visit family that live in OP. On the positive side: convenient location, reasonable room rates, like the suite concept, pet friendly, clean exercise room but small, good complimentary breakfasts, happy hours and newspapers. On the negative side: returned to our room at midnight only to find it had not been serviced at all and was way too late to get it done, dog park in the back had not been attended to in quite a while and was not serviced at all during our 5-day stay. Since we have recently experienced missed room service at several recent stays at various Marriotts, Memo to Marriott Management: what ever method you are using for your control of daily room servicing, it does not work !! We did raise our concerns with the general manger who appeared to be quite attentive to our issues and did adjust our rate accordingly.
"Comfortable stay"
12/02/14 rockjawk1 Kansas City, Missouri
Stayed at the Residence Inn in Overland Park while our house was under going remodeling. Comfortable stay in an older property that is in need of remodeling. Breakfast was good but marred by an inconsiderate guest that walked around the area with NO shoes on and very dirty sweats. The staff was asked about the NO shoes policy and they did not respond. On the second day one of the staff asked the management what the policy was and discovered, NO shoes NO service! Gee!
"Not quite up to par"
11/28/14 derel s Edmond, Oklahoma
Let me open by stating that Res Inns are my favorite places to stay, mainly because of the full kitchens, and I like to be able to cook. Yesterday, Thanksgiving, I cooked a duck for myself. Apart from that, they're usually good for other amenities, such as hot breakfasts, evening hospitality, and newspapers. None of that was lacking on this visit, but the cable TV selections were out of date. There were no AMC, TCM, FS1, and other sports channels important to football fans this time of year. Here is a hotel in KS that couldn't even make available an important Big 12 football game, KU-KSU, or other Big 12 games this long TG weekend. OK, so that identifies me as a football fan, but I'm worried about what will be available Sunday for NFL games (I'm here through Monday). Also, this particular visit, it took a long time with tech support to get on the internet from the hotel's source, and a couple of hours later, it died, so it took two hours more to work with the hotel engineer et al. to get it back up and only by connecting until I leave 4 days later. During this time, my elderly telephone handset died and I couldn't send or receive, so this slowed the process. It was replaced by another 25-30-year-old handset. Anyway, why didn't we start with the authorization for access through my departure? In short, this hotel's technology seems way out of date -- inferior to most other hotel/motels' offerings, including even Super 8s where I've stayed. So, if you don't care about sports and internet, continue to check in here -- the rest of the usual amenities are intact.
"Terrific Stay with Family and Kids"
09/08/14 Anne M Omaha, Nebraska
We stayed for a quick weekend trip to KC to see the King Tut exhibit. We had three adults and three kids in two rooms. The rooms were perfect sized for the group and breakfast was terrific. The pool was small, but a lot of fun. The full-size kitchen is just perfect for having those late night snacks. The staff was very helpful and friendly and printed out directions to the various sights we needed. The hotel is in a suburb of KC so you do have to drive to get downtown, but it only took about 25 minutes so not too bad. The beds were very comfortable, but the rooms were cold and the temp was hard to turn down so we ended up turning it off. You need to call for more towels since they do not seem to give out many in the rooms, but all in all, a really nice stay and we plan on going back for our next weekend KC visit.
"not great just ok wasn't impressed"
09/01/14 waves28
This place needs its rooms updated and cleaned up quite a bit there were dirty walls and the couch and chair were worn and dented fridge out dated appliances look like a room from 1995 but with granit counters and a flat screen. I wasnt happy about the dirty plastic pitcher in the fridge...it made me worried about the cleanliness of the room but I inspected everything the bed and bathroom were clean so it turned out fine enough and livable for the weekend. The hallways smelled like an old church with dirty carpet. The bed was ok fairly comfortable I would have slept fine except for the loud loud air conditioner and hearing other people take showers and flush. The worst part was the room was on the corner right where the sun beats in even with black out curtains it felt like a spot light in my eyes because the crack at the top let in enough light to light up the room the bed was in a bad place. The only good thing is I didnt hear screaming and banging or talking like I have heard in other hotels through the walls. This building must be old and definitely not as nice as other residence inns I wish I would have checked the place out before paying to stay it wasn't terrible but I was on vacation and would have preferred something a little nicer and newer and a room not so used and abused for $115 a night.
"Very nice Residence Inn"
08/16/14 JasKalBrn Washington, D.C.
I love staying at Residence Inns because of the good breakfasts and the full sized kitchens. In 2011 I stayed here for 2 1/2 months for work and came back to stay this August. The location is in the suburbs but there's plenty nearby, such as a market, shops, Super Target, restaurants, etc. I also like the fact there's a Unforked right there. The rooms are pretty comfortable and roomy and the decor is fairly updated. There's an indoor pool and tiny gym. We wanted to stay at the Country Club Plaza location but it's right there on the Plaza but they were fully booked. I prefer the rooms at the Overland Park one, but the location on the Plaza is better.
"Home away from home"
08/07/14 Cindy B Des Moines
Great rooms. Full kitchen and plenty of space. Quiet rooms and free breakfast. No waiting for elevators, even though their were convention delegates staying the same weekend. Staff very helpful for requests and directions for area attractions.