All hotels in Overland Park, Kansas, United States of America
12010 Blue Valley Pkwy, Overland Park, KS, 66213, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"Very accomodating"
We were put into a handicapped room on the first floor. My husband and son in law immediately started having problems with allergies. We endured the first night, then asked if they allow pets. They do, only on the first floor, or unless people sneak them in. We were offered another room on the second floor. Much nicer room and larger. It's a great place for our family. Love the service from the desk to breakfast staff and maintenance.
3 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
Sondra r
"Good hotel, but flaws @ breakfast"
Loved this hotel, check-in was quick as well as check-out. Very responsive staff when asked for extra towels, etc. The only thing lacking was on the website they advertise a full buffet breakfast. This was definitely not that and was lacking, we had eggs, but was out of potatoes, waffles, and meat. There definitely was not enough seating, we had to take our 5 person family's food back to the room. We were there an hour before breakfast closing. The second day we decided not to stay there for breakfast, as the situation was similar.
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
"A touch of home"
I am easy to find negatives. Nothing really sticks out here, although I do address one thing in the next paragraph, only for management. This was an awesome place to stay and if the need arises, I will stay here again! I will say one thing. Although the room was perfect, the second you step out of the elevator and start down the 2nd floor hallway, there was an odd smell. I compared it to San Francisco's chinatown; a combo of old buildings and chinese cooking. My girlfriend said it was like mothballs to her. Once I got in the room though, perfectly clean.
1 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
Randy
The room was so much cleaner then expected and hotel staff was extremely nice! Highly recommend!
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Katie
"AOK"
Nice except for odd smell in room. Minor.
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
Crystal
"The BEST!"
I travel to the KC area 14-20 times a year. If there is a deal online at the RI in Overland Park I'll grab it every time. Trust me, there is no better place to stay, nothing else comes close.
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"Great Time in the Kansas City Area"
We enjoyed our stay very much at the Residence Inn. We even had enough room to play cards and have some extra family stop by.
2 night family trip May 29, 2015
Rose
"great!"
It was just what I expected.
2 night romance trip Jun 4, 2015
"satisfied customer"
I have always enjoyed staying at Residence Inn and this was no different. You're close to shopping, eating establishments, churches etc. Would definitely recommend staying here to others.
1 night trip with friends May 2, 2015
"A great room and friendly staff"
The room is excellent and was available at a very reasonable price. What made the hotel really special was how friendly the front desk staff was when they checked me in. I often take business trips to the area and will definitely be staying here again.
1 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
"Very satisfied ."
Really nice suite and kitchenette. Bed was very comfortable. Will definitely come back again. Only complaint is that the facility is difficult to see from main road, at night .
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
Was really a great deal
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Dennis
"Consistantly Great"
The RI is always at the top of our list if we can get a reasonable price. It is showing signs of age, but seems to be well maintained. They also have the best scrambled eggs on the planet!
3 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"Enjoyed this hotel"
If you're going to spend time in a hotel room, this hotel is great! You can sit on a couch and watch tv. They have a nice kitchenette, and even had mints in a jar. It was clean and well kept. I will be staying here again!
1 night romance trip Aug 29, 2014
Janet
Overall experience was great! We didn't use the pool or exercise room. But our 2 bedroom/2 bathroom room was very comfortable
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
Ulf
Nice clean Hotel. Coffee is good as well.
2 night trip with friends Apr 12, 2014
Rick B
"Very Impressed!"
My husband and I stayed here for a getaway. I was nervous because the price was so good and the pictures looked dated compared to other hotels. When we got there we were totally blown away- the hotel is very nice!! The lobby and dining area are classy, and our room was awesome. The staff were super nice and helpful (I mad to call them beforehand multiple time with special requests and questions and they were always very eager to help). The staff went out of their way to make sure we had a fireplace in our room (what a treat!). We had zero complaints. :) I will make note that though there are pictures of ovens in the kitchen photos, there are only a couple rooms with ovens...so if you're needing an oven, definitely call to figure out what you need before booking (we booked a basic suite and didn't get an oven).
1 night trip Feb 8, 2014
"Close to shopping"
We enjoyed our stay. Hotel room was very comfortable and hotel was close to shopping and resturants. The website says fireplace in rooms but we did not have one. Next time I will request that when I make the reservation. Will stay here again for sure!
4 night family trip Jan 16, 2014
Suze
"Great for business travelers or families"
The hotel isn't fancy and new but it was well maintained and had a friendly staff. My only complaint would be that they don't have an oven, just a couple of small burners and microwave and fridge of course. The breakfast was complimentary and had tasty hot items. I would definitely stay again.
1 night trip Jan 5, 2014
Cherron
"We all loved the hotel - even our dog!"
We brought our dog and 7 year old for several days and this was the perfect home away from home. The breakfast was very good with lots of choices, and different main items every day. The service was fantastic and everyone was very, very nice. My husband and daughter used the indoor pool every day. The area has lots of different shops and restaurants nearby so when I was out walking the dog I got to see the area. It was convenient to everything we wanted to do. We will definitely come back here next we visit!
3 night trip Dec 29, 2013
Linda Craddock
"great pace to relax"
We had a wonderful stay, when we checked in we asked for a room with a firelpace, and we did receive a great room as requested. The staff was very friendly and the hotel is in a great location.
2 night trip Nov 23, 2013
John C.
"Small beds"
I thought the beds were small for two grown adults it was very uncomfortable. The lights outside of the room were so bright you couldn't fall asleep, even with the curtains closed it was bright.
2 night trip Oct 11, 2013
Amber
"Residence inn Overland Park ks"
The tough part of the stay was the noise , it seemed like a pre teen sports team in the same floor , kids running in the hall way as last as mid night , also when leaving kids in the doorways . Kids didn't get it, neither did their parents
3 night trip Aug 29, 2013
"Love Residence Inn"
The staff were amazing. The hotel needs some updating but was very clean. The area around has a lot to do and everyone was very nice. Only disappointing thing was the breakfast. We lived in a Residence Inn in Springfield MO for 6 months and the food area and amenities were so much better so that was disappointing. Overall great hotel to stay at!
1 night romance trip Aug 9, 2013
Wren
I really enjoyed the motel my only problem was i needed king size beds in the 2 suite bedroom or at least 1 king and 2 queens maybe would have worked better..... otherwise good
2 night trip Sep 21, 2012
sharon

"Lots of Space"
If you are looking for a family hotel or a place for an extended stay - this place is perfect.
1 night trip Sep 22, 2014

KR

TripAdvisor reviews for Residence Inn Kansas City Overland Park

"Room for 4 adults."
08/25/15 Deb W West Allis, Wisconsin
There were 4 adults staying for 5 nights so we had a two bedroom room. When you walk in the door there is a full kitchen and living room, the bedrooms are on either side of the living room so there is great privacy. Each bedroom has its own full bathroom. The rooms were extremely clean and the beds were very comfortable (memory foam, I think). The staff was great and so is the complimentary breakfast. This hotel has a grocery store, gas station, restaurants, fast food and even a few places to go out drinking (check out a place called One Block South) all within 1 mile.
"Wonderful Experienced"
08/22/15 marina b Kansas City, Missouri
What a very nice comfortable hotel in Overland Park. Stayed here many times and we had very good experienced. Staffs are wonderful as usual. Hot full breakfast is awesome and don't forget the happy hour too. Wow! Free beer & wine.
"substandard for a marriott property"
08/21/15 helen s
We just stayed at this hotel from August13-17th. Much to our surprise our stay in the 2 bedroom suite was definitely not to the standards of the Marriott. One bed in this suite was very uncomfortable. One side of the bed was soft the other side doable. The mattress in the pull out sofa was totally unacceptable. Many of our concerned were addressed and some were never addressed. This property is preparing for a renovation in November.Perhaps once the renovation is complete this will once again meet the standards that Marriott usely upholds. I am of the understanding that a few years back this hotel was a perfect place to stay. As far as cleanliness the hotel did meet standards.
"5-Star Residence Inn"
08/09/15 Lance11 Nevada
This Marriott Residence Inn is unequivocally the finest property of this category that I have had the pleasure to stay. When driving here do not trust your GPS. My new Gamin failed to recognize the major construction occurring downtown and misdirected me.
"Home away from home"
08/06/15 prafs Pune
Its a good hotel to stay for a month or two months. I know some guests have been staying here for more than six months. However its time to renovate the hotel as some amenities in rooms like dishwasher machine are old. Also Marriott needs to change the brand of the toilet supplies. I stayed there from September 2013 to November 2013.
"Nice Place to Stay"
07/08/15 Saharablue45 Saint Louis, Missouri
I recently stayed in a 2bedroom 2 bath suite at this hotel. The room size was excellent with lots of storage. The convenience of a full kitchen with cooking supplies was also helpful. My brief interaction with the staff was ok. The exercise room was very small with 3 pieces of cardio equipment and weights. The free breakfast had limited selections. The location of this hotel will not give you a scenic view but it is conveniently located near chain restaurants, grocery and retail stores.
"Very pleasantly surprised!!"
07/02/15 Robert G Ft. Madison, United States
We were welcomed with a great and very helpful staff at the front desk. It seems I had booked the wrong dates(booked Saturday and Sunday night should have booked Fri and Saturday nights) They just acted as if this is normal and gave us the wedding package special, too!!! Thank you so much!!!
"Comfortable Stay - Great Staff - Good location"
06/30/15 simple_traveler_78 Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
I recently stayed at the Residence Inn on Blue Valley Parkway for about a 3 weeks. The staff is very helpful and are very responsive towards your requirements and strive to address your concerns at the earliest. The room allocated to me was on the 2nd floor (total of 3 floors). I primarily moved here since they had a small kitchen. The room opens to a study table and kitchenette and then to a seated area that contains a recliner. The bedroom is separated by a door and has good storage options for your clothes (sliding wardrobe and multiple drawers). The bathroom is quite clean although not very big, it is comfortable. The room also has a iron board and a iron box. No safe is provided though. The kitchen comes equipped with two electric stoves, some utensils, cutlery, plates (big and small), bowls, measuring mug, two big glass bowls, chopping board, knives and a dishwasher. This hotel is ideal if you have kids in your group and need to prepare meals etc or if you are generally in the location for more than a week and feel the urge to cook! The hotel has a gym (2 treadmills, 1 elliptical, 1 bench and a few weights), small swimming pool and and outdoor court for basketball (I guess!). The pool is quite small for a swim but I guess the size is alright if you just want to take a dip. Coffee is available 24*7 at the lobby area. Breakfast has a decent spread with oatmeal, cereals, bacon, omelettes, juices, coffee / tea and fruits. While the hotel does not have a restaurant, it has a small area called 'Market' that is open round the clock. You could choose some of the ready to eat items (ice cream / snack bars / etc) from there. Hotel has both free and paid WiFi. There is a big laundry facility within the hotel on the 2nd floor ($1.5 to wash, $1 to dry). There is ample parking around the hotel. There is a Super Target right behind the hotel, Quick Trip is beside and a few eateries are within walking distance. The hotel is very close to the Sprint World headquarters (5 mins away by car). There are shopping and dining areas close by (Oak Park Mall - 10 mins, Town Center Plaza - 10 mins, Rosana Square Shopping Center - 1 min, etc). 119th & Nall Ave, 119th & Roe Ave have a number of dining options. In all, I enjoyed my stay in this hotel and will consider this if am there for a long term visit.
"For longer stays; business or family travelers. Good breakfast and happy hour style food. Apartment sized rooms."
05/28/15 jkozik Naperville, Illinois, USA
Residence Inn Kansas City Overland Park I had two days of meetings in Overland Park and my corporate travel website helped me pick this hotel because of availability (the one I wanted was booked), price and location. I was happy I did, and I would consider going back. I have stayed at Residence Inns, and this one was no surprise. In the lobby, there was a generously stocked pantry with microwave meals, pop and snacks. The meal area was set-up for happy hour style dinner. (free!) My room was a huge two bedroom apartment with a living room and kitchenette. I was easily able to set-up a productive workstation on kitchen table. On either side of the living room were two bedrooms with doors. Each of the bedrooms had a TV, a king-sized bed and a private bath. In summary: two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and 3 flatscreen TVs. This more than met my needs. I believe I was only paying for a single room. But if you ever had to do a long stay over for a job and you had to share a hotel room with someone else, this is the hotel you'd want. I just wanted a bed for a night. The WIFI was fast enough for me to watch streaming TV. I had to login for 24 hours at a time; it prompted me to authorized a $4.95/night fee. I did, but I never got charged. This is either because I am a premium Marriott traveller or a special arrangement with by travel service. I went to the lobby for the "free" dinner. I had a good sandwich, soup, and pop. It wasn't a full restaurant meal, but it was all I ate for dinner. It was good. I had breakfast in the same area the next morning. It was a hot buffet with the normal egges, bacon, toast bagel layout. Again, it was plenty good. In both cases, the eating area was busy and I was lucky to get a seat. The hotel is in Overland Park on 119th St at Blue Valley Parkway. I took the Metcalf exit off of 435; its a couple of spotlights South of the exit. The neighbourhood is office parks and shopping centers. The streets are busy, and I don't think anything is walking distance. My meetings were less than a mile away... very convenient.
"NIce clean hotel, friendly staff, great location!"
05/21/15 Becky V Fort Myers, Florida
We stayed here for 3 nights for our granddaughters graduation. It is a good location, off 119th and Metcalf with several restaurants in walking distance and a Quick Trip( my fav) almost next door, We had a small dog and although I don't like the pet fee ( $75) I do understand. We had room 137 that was near an exit for the dog but not near an elevator or vending extremely quiet. Room is large with full kitchen . sofa and nice chair, desk and nice eating bar, Victor no Front desk was very helpful the 1st night getting my Ipad online and connecting me with Marriott IT help who finally worked out the problem. HE followed up several times with me to be sure I was connected. then the 2nd night I needed a shower cap and I called the front desk and they said they would look to see if they had one. Within a few minutes George ( asst Mgr) was knocking on the door with 2! Very good service. Room was always cleaned and ready when we needed it in the after noon, Plusses - thermostat controlled room temp so window unit was not shutting on and off continually, nice grab bar in bathroom tub, outlets in bedside lamps so I didn't have to move night stand to hook up my sleep machine or I Phone, Lovely breakfast area and outdoor seating around fire pit. Minus - No Manager reception on Thursday night. I wish Marriott would standardize this. Stayed in one hotel (not Marriott) several weeks before that has manager receptions Tuesday-Thursday. When travelling with a pet It's nice to not have to leave for dinner. Breakfast was well run and had several attendants to takeaway plates and clean tables but scrambled eggs are not tasty. Plenty else to eat however.