All hotels in Burlington, Iowa, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here628 S Gear Ave, Burlington, IA, 52655, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"THEY GAVE AWAY MY ROOM !!!"
I pre-paid and reserved a Suite, with king size bed, fold-out sofa, and in-room whirlpool. They attempted to put me in a standard double queen room with none of the amenities I had asked for. Front desk attendant was rude and advised me to contact a manager the next morning. When I tried, the manager had the "day off" called corporate and left several voicemails. Days later and still haven't heard back from anyone.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
"Just a place to sleep"
It took forever to get checked in at the hotel. The staff didn't seem to have a clue what they were doing. There were 4 people waiting to check in behind us and she fumbled behind the counter for 10 minutes just for our check in. The room was just OK. The beds were clean which is always the most important thing on my list.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2013
"Very disappointing."
Hotel has Old furnishing, inexperienced staff.
2 night family trip May 31, 2013
"An OK place to stay"
Nothing terrible, nothing special. A perfectly good place to stay that won't break the bank, esp. If you just need a place to sleep & not many amenities. The staff has definitely improved in the last couple years--hospitable, professional, efficient, knowledgeable.
Other trip May 19, 2013
"Reasonable, but needs some maintenance work"
Overall a good value, but hotel needs some maintenance work or an update. The bathroom sink drain leaked, lobby ceiling looked like it had a severe leak. The entrance door at the end opposite the lobby did not lock as the sign said. Overall the room was clean and comfortable.
2 night trip May 10, 2013
"great hotel for the price"
This hotel is loaded with features: indoor pool, HBO in the rooms, daily hot breakfast, and goodhearted staff with Midwestern values. It is popular with budget minded patrons like little league teams and families, so the hotel is usually full with this demographic. The hotel is showing its age and the decor is dated from the early 90's. But if you can get past the age and find it quaint, you will find good value. If you are looking for the most modern amenities and completely updated facility, you will be disappointed.
3 night trip Apr 19, 2013
"relaxing"
Nice well kept clean all around room I felt comfortable
Other trip Apr 23, 2013
It served the purpose of our trip with only beng there for one day. The price that I paid was more than advertised a few days before we traveled. It was $63.00 when I paid $72.00.
1 night business trip Apr 6, 2013
"Good hotel. Poor staff."
Overall a nice hotel. I would go back. The morning staff seemed unprofessional and you could tell they didn't want to be at work. Besides the inattentive staff I really liked the hotel for its price.
Other trip Apr 6, 2013
Very Dark and dirty!!! The sheets were crushed and filthy. I use rags that were cleaner than the sheets. Shower was dirty. The clocks had never been changed to daylight savings time from 2 weeks prior. WiFi didn't work. Girl behind desk was only there 3 days and was left completely alone to work the desk. Didn't have a clue what was going on. Just a nightmare!!! Burlington Iowa was the 1st stop on a trip to Arkansas. We spent our Easter Sunday miserable at the AmericINN!!!
1 night trip Mar 31, 2013
Nadine
"Not clean"
The room was not clean. The sheets had little hairs on them. When we walked in the bed looked very poorly made and the towels were just tossed on the rack in the bathroom. I would never stay in this hotel again. I would pay an extra 10-20 elsewhere and stay there.
Other trip Mar 27, 2013
"Good Value"
Very Nice, comfortable and clean. Pet Friendly, (we brought our dog...no problems) Nice indoor pool and Nice complimentary breakfast. Very enjoyable stay
1 night trip Mar 9, 2013
Toni P.
"Decent quality in a hurry"
Very convenient, clean, quiet. The desk employees were helpful and pleasant. The toilet ran every 10 minutes for a couple of minutes, easy enough to ignore-but wasteful. Sufficient electrical outlets for a heavy technology user. Hot water in the breakfast area was not even luke warm, so no tea or oatmeal for me! Coffee was VERY WEAK- skip it, OJ was good. Rate was very reasonable. I would stay here again. Thanks
1 night trip Feb 28, 2013
Bird Watcher
"nice"
Had a nice quiet room. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean.
Other trip Mar 3, 2013
g.d.
"Not Happy"
We checked in, wich was a joke because the place and emploees are very unorganized. When we got to our room it was dirty, hair on bed,fridge being defrosted,floors,towls all dirty. Had to move to another room wich was not much better. The whole hotle was filthy. The staff was unprofessional. We wont go back to this place ever. Not a good 6th wedding anniversery stay at all.
1 night romance trip Feb 16, 2013
We were in town for a 80th b-day so just needed a bed. Lobby is very nice looking and was clean. We put our bags in our room and left. When we arrived back at our room at 10pm I pulled back the covers on the bed to discover short black hairs on the sheets. The hotel was fully booked so couldn't change rooms, so I got clean sheets and remade the bed. Breakfast was stocked by the front desk person who was busy with guests. At 9:30 all of the hot food choices were out, including the waffle batter. Front desk person worked frantically to restock everything while still trying to help quests with check outs and other things. This was a busy weekend and management should have had a separate person maning the breakfast area.
1 night trip Feb 16, 2013
Pam
"What a TRAIN WREck!!"
Most important was the complete absence of security for personal information. I was asked for a credit card and a driver's license --- SO THEY COULD MAKE A COPY!! OMG! Never do that! When I refused they almost didn't let me check in. They had my card and business contact infromation. I was not going to give up more. I understand showing my ID that's it. Staff was hopeless. Couldn't answer questions: one hung up on me when I tried to change my reservation due to a blizzard; the desk clerk kept saying "I'm new and I'm very nervous" and finally no manager or person of decision manking authority was available! I called and left messages for management and never received a call back. I will NOT stay here again. ID theft is to scary to deal with staff that is clueless and management that continues to remain unacessiable. Never again.
1 night business trip Jan 31, 2013
"Cheap price"
Good place for cheap over night stay.
1 night trip Feb 1, 2013
"Nice hotel for the value"
We have been staying at this hotel for several years and it is getting a little worn looking, but still a great place to stay for the value. Needs more electrical outlets, especially at the night stand for cell chargers.
Other trip Jan 16, 2013
Vicki
"Great for the Price"
Had no complaints. Came to breakfast at 9:30 and the hostess had no help and was overwhelmed. But good stay
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2012
Toby R
"Very comfortable"
Pet-friendly and that was very nice. No comments or concerns by the staff. Just welcoming.
Other trip Dec 18, 2012
"Friendly staff, welcoming atmosphere."
Our stay was pleasant and we were impressed with the good service. Our room was interstate-side but little noise was heard. Overall, the price was great and the cleanliness outstanding. I would have given our hotel experience a 5 for "condition and upkeep" but there was an extremely slow drain in the shower.
Other trip Nov 25, 2012
"nice pool and hot tub, nice breakfast"
I'll return.
1 night trip Nov 10, 2012
"Not Happy With Hotel Stay"
Had stayed there before and were pleased but not this time. Choose this hotel because of previous experience and because there was a hot tub and pool in facility. When we arrrived on Friday they were working on the hot tub, were told it would be available soon. Work stopped at 5pm and nothing was done the rest of the weekend except to put up an out of order sign. Barely warm and usually cold water in the room all weekend..were told they were working on it. Apparently there was only one key to the juice machine in the breakfast room and the employee who had it did not come in Sunday morning so no juice available for Sunday breakfast. The waffle machines weren't hot enough to cook a waffle on the first try, had to re-cook them at least once. One waffle machine wouldn't stay turned over and had to be held in the position so it would cook the waffle..ran out of waffle mix but no one came to refill even after I notified the desk clerk. One morning the hot tray was out of food at 8pm and no one was checking on it...breakfast was to be available until 9:30. Altho the room was satisfactory and the over-all cleanliness was Ok we won't be back due to the above listed problems..
3 night trip Oct 12, 2012
"Does not get our approval"
poor housekeeping noted in room upon arrival. Reported but left "do not disturb" sign on the door the next day (our mistake) The hotel is in poor repair and appears dirty, not a place I would return to. The desk girl was more than attentive and tried to help us.
Other trip Oct 15, 2012
"Fair value for the money"
It was a fair value for the money. The room was great. The breakfast could be described as just adequate. The only problem encountered was that their internet service did not work the majority of the days I was there...and...the staff didn't seem to care. Luckily there was free Wifi just down the street a block away.
Other trip Oct 7, 2012
John J
"Mel"
No problems, all was OK. Would recommend to others. Quit area.
Other trip Oct 6, 2012
"Excellent value; loved it!"
Very nice, modern hotel right across from the mall! Wal Mart just over the highway on the other side. Nice pool, hottub, and pool table area. Good complimentary breakfast - fresh waffles, biscuits and gravy, pastries, cereals, oatmeal, juice and milk, fresh fruit. We had a room with a whirlpool in the room - highly recommend that! My husband got in there, had a mixed drink and watched football - he felt like a king! Microwave and small refrigerator too. Comfy bed. Loved it & will stay again!
Other trip Sep 17, 2012
Becky
"gross"
Out side and lobby were very nice, staff was very nice Hope you like to walk stairs cause thats the only way to the second floor !! hallway carpet dirty room was painted recent by carpet was gross and the pillows were nasty did not sleep well on the bed
Other trip Sep 2, 2012
"Won't stay here again!"
Not a good value. Better places to stay.
Other trip Aug 26, 2012
Pirri
"very helpful and understanding staff"
Due to a computer mix-up my reservation was lost but the staff person on duty was very understanding and after some searching managed to find my reservation. Otherwise the room was pretty average and the lobby was nice.
Trip with friends Aug 22, 2012
"Quiet Motel."
This motel is near an interstate, but the room was very quiet. They did not have exercise facility nor did they have access to a computer. For the price, we felt good about our stay.
Other trip Aug 9, 2012
Jay
"20+ minutes to Nauvoo"
I recently stayed at the AmericInn in West Burlington because my daughter & I (and her 2 friends) were coming to see a church Pageant in nearby Nauvoo, IL. This hotel, while a little further from our real destination (Nauvoo), was a very nice place to stay. We were allowed to check in early, and the pool stayed open late (until midnight) allowing the teens to wind down after a very long, hot day spent outdoors at the Pageant & sightseeing. Our accommodations were very clean, and while it wasn't super fancy, everything was just perfect for us and the amount of time we ended up spending at the hotel. We also appreciated the continental breakfast, which had enough variety to satisfy everyone. The last thing I would like to mention is that I found the hotel staff to be quite friendly and helpful. The woman working at the desk (Carrie) spent several minutes talking with me and showing me on a map where nearby fast-food restaurants were. We would recommend this hotel to others, and felt that the cost was very reasonable.
Other trip Aug 8, 2012
K.S.D.
"Fine service, but horrible mattress in king suite."
The mattress was horrible. For a King Jacuzzi Suite, I had definitely expected a nicer bed. We didn't sleep much, or well that night, which was too bad because we needed to get an early start to the day. The bathroom light was going out, and tweaked on and off quite creepily. This was a stop on our honeymoon, and that is why we chose AmericInn over the Super 8. The breakfast in the morning was great, the customer service with check-ins and check-outs was just fine. The Jacuzzi worked great, and was very relaxing after a long day. The simple fix of a new lightbulb, and the horrible mattress were the only reasons for a poor score in my book.
Romance trip Aug 2, 2012
Nice place to stay with lots to do in the area. Rooms kind of small but comfotable. Pool area is very nice.
Family trip Jul 31, 2012
"Close to Mall"
I think it STUNCK!!! We got a smoking room and it stunck so bad from stale smoke that it took awhile with the help of the a/c to clear out the air. The pillow cases were all yellow. The cable was not up to what is said it had. They claimed to have a Working computer that they said was avaiable, but it was not working either. They put a hold of their own on out credit card and it has been 4 days and yet to release the money. Hotels.com will also not release their dollar, but they have their pymt for the room. Don't blame the smell from the smokers, because I have a smokeing home and it doesn't smell like that place did...........
Other trip Jul 26, 2012
"not next time"
Our family wouldn't stay here again. The room was updated and pleasant, but the rest of the place was run down. We needed to ask for a different room because the first room was damp and musty. We needed more towels and the shampoo was partially empty having been used by the previous occupants. The pool room was about 99 degrees and the pool itself was dirty except for the 1st step. the spa was only warm with cool water coming out of waterjets. The breakfast was decent although not much there for a gluten free diet. It was a good price, but I'd choose to spend a little more for a nicer place next time.
Other trip Jul 24, 2012
ksc
Satisfactory stay. Clean bed, a hot shower and a substantial breakfast. Met my expectations and needs.
Other trip Jul 16, 2012
"very nice"
Very clean, nice, and affordable
Romance trip Jul 11, 2012
matt
"Good value if you're not a clean freak"
Bathroom had gunky, black crud in all the corners of the floor and the toilet clogged. When I ask front desk about getting it plunged, she handed me a plunger. I was a little surprised but willing to do it myself if she had some latex gloves. She couldn't find any gloves, so she just moved us to a new room. Werid, but ok for the price.
Family trip Jul 7, 2012
Rosemary
"Great night sleep."
Very comfortable quiet room. We stayed four nights. No problems.
Other trip Jun 18, 2012
"Great Service"
The employees here are great! Very accommodating! Would recommend this hotel to a friend. The surroundings are not that great (mall parking lot to the front and a freeway at your back).
Other trip Jun 12, 2012
"Nice Place"
It was a pleasant, comfortable stay, and very close to our friends in West Burlington. We've decided to make it our family's meeting place.
Other trip Jun 4, 2012
"Good Location"
The hotel was in a good spot for us, close to our function, but not in the downtown area. We liked the quiet location of the hotel.
Other trip Jun 4, 2012

"Hits on the basics"
Met my minimum requirements for bedding and plenty of hot water. The breakfast buffet was disappointing, but for what I paid you cant expect everything to be perfect....
1 night trip Dec 18, 2013
"Nice Hotel, #34 and a Plaza"
We spend three nights at the AmericInn at East Burlington IA. The area was quiet, the room was clean and the beds were comfortable. We got a good night's sleep. All gadgets seemed to be in good working order.
Other trip Sep 11, 2013