All hotels in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
68 Market StreetSydneyNSW2000Australia, ‏‎800-491-6126

Rather comfortable
    Great room
    Great pool
Good experience, great location, nice lounge, good breakfast. Small rooms
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
Ricardo
"Good but not spectacular"
Had a pleasant stay here and fortunately had a discount; however, for the price without the discount, I would have chosen to stay elsewhere.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Pam
"Loved Sydney"
Incredible location. We could walk everywhere easily - also felt very safe!! The hotel itself is beautiful, the concierge was amazingly helpful and the rest of the staff was always accommodating. We would recommend this hotel very highly and would definitely stay there again.
Response by Swissotel Sydney
Dear Carol, Thank you for providing such lovely feedback about your recent stay with us. I am glad to read that our team was very accommodating and helpful throughout your stay. I am passed these comments to our concierge team and the rest of our staff. I appreciate you recommending Swissotel Sydney and look forward to welcoming you back. Warm regards, Christian Hirt General Manager
5 night trip with friends Sep 22, 2014
"Great Location in the Heart of Sydney"
The Swissotel is conveniently located in downtown Sydney. We caught the train from the airport with our large wheeled suitcases and backpacks and managed fine as the hotel is a short walk from the train station. The location of this hotel is what makes it so appealing. We were able to walk down to the harbor and the Botanical gardens, sightsee, walk to the ferry to get to Taronga Zoo and shop and eat at restaurants in the hotel's immediate vicinity. During our five day stay at the end of July 2014, the hotel appeared to be extremely busy. There were constant lines at the check in desk and the concierge, making me very reluctant to ask questions. On the one day I waited, I was told to come back at 5:00 PM to book a shuttle to the airport. This inconvenienced our plans for the day. In this day and age we were surprised that the hotel did not have free wi-fi throughout. I thought the hotel staff could have made a greater effort to make visitors feel welcome. When visiting the spa, I wasn't sure where to get a towel, where to go to get changed etc. while hotel staff stood by and watched. Eager to get some exercise, I decided to take the stairs, only to be "told off" stating they were to be used for emergencies only.
Response by Swissotel Sydney
Dear Kathy, I really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback; it is wonderful to know that you found the location to suitable for your trip. We pride ourselves in providing a high level of customer service experience for all our guests and I am disappointed to hear that this was not the case for you; I have passed your comments regarding our staff to all relevant departments for further review and explanation. In regards to internet, please feel free to join Swissotel Circle, our free loyalty program either before your next stay with us or upon check-in. One of the many benefits of this is free internet access throughout the duration of your stay in any of our properties. I do hope you consider staying with us again on your next visit. Warm regards, Christian Hirt General Manager
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
"Super comfortable at an affordable price"
We stayed in an 18th floor corner room with a king sized bed and great views. Couldn't be happier with the hotel. It was super quiet and comfortable in a great location. Will definitely return if we go back to Sydney in the future.
Response by Swissotel Sydney
Dear George, It seems like you were really happy with your stay at the Swissotel Sydney. Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I am glad that you will consider staying with us again in the future as we would love to welcome you back. Warm regards, Christian Hirt General Manager
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
"so close to everything in the CBD"
we were able to walk to Darling Harbour and Circular Quay from the hotel
Response by Swissotel Sydney
Dear Cathy, Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your stay with us. I am delighted to read that you found the location of our hotel to be convenient for your trip. I look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit. Warm regards, Christian Hirt General Manager
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
Cathy
"Perfect Location"
I sent my parents to Sydney and booked them in the Swissotel as an anniversary gift. They said that the staff and hotel were amazing and the location couldn't be more central! Literally out the door and into the mall!
Response by Swissotel Sydney
Dear Tamara, It is wonderful to read that your parents enjoyed their stay at the Swissotel Sydney and I am glad they found our team to be very friendly. I do hope we get to welcome you all back again soon. Warm regards, Christian Hirt General Manager
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Tamara
"Great in city location"
Good location and nice rooms. I had a great view room on the 19th floor. Lobby is simple and nice, but not like a formal hotel. Rooms were clean and spacious. Some noise from the hallway, but not too bad. Bed was very comfortable. Only downside I felt was the food. Not great, and service at the bar was slow.
2 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"Very nice hotel"
I've stayed at several of the downtown Sydney hotels over the years and Swissotel is certainly one of the better hotels. Friendly staff, good location, etc. Compared to some of the other 5-star hotels, though, it doesn't offer quite the same level of comfort, room space, luxury, and amenities. There's nothing wrong with it, by any stretch. And if you can get a good deal, it's a great hotel for travel, family, business.
2 night family trip Aug 16, 2014
"Sweet"
Awesome location, large rooms and great value
Response by Swissotel Sydney
Dear Guest, It seems like overall, you really enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing positive feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back again. Warm regards, Christian Hirt General Manager
2 night trip Aug 4, 2014
I've booked my next stay already
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
Had to ring up at 1:30am to get get the fold out bed we orded when we checked in and my name is Dean not Tain
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
I was downgraded to a much smaller room without prior notice that could only sleep 3 people, instead of my initial 4. It is not a pleasant task to tell your 4 guests that there will only be space to sleep 3 people, and neither is it to squash 3 adult people into one bed. Very dissatisfied.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Good hotel, but...."
The hotel was clean, well maintained and in a great location, but almost everything involved extra charges. Food was overpriced and high speed Internet was $30/day extra.
Response by Swissotel Sydney
Dear Steve, It is great that you found the hotel to be of a good standard, thank you for sharing this feedback with us. Our loyalty program, which is free to join, provides free internet for the duration of your stay with us apart from numerous other benefits and I welcome you to join online prior to your next stay. Warm Regards, Christian Hirt General Manager
3 night family trip Jun 25, 2014
Staff were lovely and did everything they could to help. Nothing was too much trouble. The hotel was beautiful and the room was modern and clean. Breakfast was wonderful and again staff were too happy to help. We had a very enjoyable experience and would stay again.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Great location. Near everything you want to do."
Could not have picked a better location. Shopping was right outside our door. Great restaurants were close by along with pastry shops that were so outrageously good I could not wait to get up in the morning. Darling Harbor was just a short walk as well as the Star Casino. I would definitely recommend staying here if you like being in the center of everything.
Response by Swissotel Sydney
Dear Karen, I agree, the location of the hotel is very close to some amazing restaurants, bars and bakeries which make it a foodies paradise within walking distance - it is wonderful that you were able to experience this. I do appreciate the recommendation of Swissotel Sydney and I do hope to welcome you back again soon. Warm Regards, Christian Hirt General Manager
Other trip May 27, 2014
"In the heart of shopping"
On a very busy street and difficult to find cabs at times and the room service food is terrible so save your money! The beds were pretty comfortable but the photos look much better than what they actually are. A bit disappointed when we arrived. Probably wouldn't stay here again but it was good enough for the 2 nights we stayed.
Response by Swissotel Sydney
Dear Ashley, I agree, it can be very hard to find taxis in Sydney and I do hope that our Concierge team were able to assist you with this. I am sorry to read that you would not consider staying here again however, I am glad that you enjoyed most of our stay with us. Warm Regards, Christian Hirt General Manager
Other trip May 19, 2014
Ashley
"Excellent hotel / excellent location"
Very helpful and friendly staff. The room was comfortable, clean and had excellent views of CBD.
Other trip May 6, 2014
norma
"Awesome Concierge!"
I was visiting friends for the first time in Sydney. While they were at work, I was out doing some sightseeing tours. The Concierge (Ricky), recommended day tours that were half day long and allowed me and my friends to catch up at dinner. One of the porters even walked me up to one of the tour bus pick-up location. It's that extra hotel service that one really appreciates and will remember next time they travel. The hotel location was close to many restaurants, convenience stores, money exchange centers and malls.
Response by Swissotel Sydney
Dear Yankee, It is really wonderful to hear that the high level of quality service that we aim to provide was what you experienced whilst staying with us. It really does make me proud to work with colleagues who show such passion and dedication to their profession and I can assure you I have shared your feedback with the Concierge team directly. We all look forward to your next visit with us. Warm Regards, Christian Hirt General Manager
Other trip May 5, 2014
Yankee
"Wonderful stay!"
The Swissotel Sydney was absolutely a wonderful choice! The location was perfect, the staff was wonderful, and I could not have asked for more.
5 night family trip Apr 22, 2014
We needed a place to stay one night after being in the Hunter Valley. This hotel was perfect. Walking distance to Darling Harbor and to the Sydney Opera house. The room was a nice size and very clean and the staff was very helpful. Be sure you get breakfast in the hotel. It's a little pricey but well worth it.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"Great hotel at the heart of the city!"
We had to ask for a different room, an upgrade to get access to the Executive Lounge. The front desk (Asian man) was very helpful. The gentleman gave us options and informed us of the best deal at the last minute. We got the Jr Suite to the top floor with an amazing view and access to the Executive Lounge with complimentary wi-fi. Also we were trying to get a dinner reservation at the darling harbour and for whatever reason (maybe bec. it was a gorgeous day) all the good ones are fully booked. Called the concierge and got us a table at I'm Angus Steakhouse and had one of the best juicy steak!
Other trip Apr 10, 2014
"Excellent Stay!"
Fantastic!
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
"wonderful hotel"
very convenient to darling harbor and shopping. quiet room and very clean. staff couldnt have been more helpful.
5 night trip Mar 14, 2014
bob and maureen
"Review"
Hotel was nice and centrally located. Hotel did not provide an early checkin as requested. Therefore, I had to room around the city all day after a 14 hour flight. They said they would call me when the room was ready and never did. I do not like false promises.
Other trip Mar 20, 2014
"Nice hotel, centrally located"
This hotel was very nice and comfortable. Considering the cost of the room, the wifi could have been free, as it is in other hotels. The food prices in the hotel are very expensive, but since the location is within walking distance to many eateries, there is less expensive fare to be found. I would consider staying here again.
Other trip Mar 12, 2014
"Great hotel in the center of CBD and shopping."
Great shopping malls within one block. Good restaurants. The hotel was near and within walking distance of everything one would want to do in Sydney. Only problem, booked through Expedia for room with two beds for three adults, and when we arrived we were shown to a room with a king sized bed. This was quickly corrected however, and all was well. Highly recommend this hotel for its location and friendly staff.
Other trip Mar 7, 2014
"Wonderful Experience"
Clean and modern hotel. Staff very responsive and helpful. All expected amenities were furnished. Close to shops, train station, and a 20 minute walk to Darling Harbor, the Rocks or Circular Key. Bed was soft but comfortable. Would not hesitate to stay here again.
Other trip Feb 7, 2014
Casual Kid
"Thinking outside the box""
Great hotel! Did not expect to find a "lobby" on the 8th floor but once located it was check in as usual. We took advantage of the concierge and highly recommend this caring staff. They suggested wonderful restaurants and steered in in the right direction for shopping requests. They really provided that extra caring in looking out for our group. The Swissotel's downtown location is perfect for sightseeing and shopping. And I suggest you spend the extra money for the executive bookings with rooms on upper floors and a business center at your disposal.
2 night trip Jan 26, 2014
Richard Wauer
"next to the Skywalk tower"
Great service and very responsive to all my needs. Even weighed my luggage so I didn't have to unpack at the airport!!
1 night trip Nov 4, 2013
D. Krepp
"overall great stay"
Everything was great about the hotel, especially the front desk. The hair that was not mine on the "new" towels was not so great. Nor was the flooded bathroom every time I took a shower. Otherwise, the location was pretty great too.
2 night family trip Sep 29, 2013
"Good 4 star hotel, but not a 5 star"
We spent a night to catch a flight the next day. Good 4 star hotel, but not a 5 star like the Shangri-la or Four Seasons. Rooms are clean, but decor older than others. Location is good for CBD, but has no views of the city. It is a 10 minute walk to circular quay as well as darling harbour. Great shopping next door. Price was very good for the value.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Renato
"Downtown business trip"
Superb location for a business trip in Sydney. Everything is within walking distane, from the CBD to Circular Quay and Darling Harbor. Great park two blocks away for a run or walk. Trains and busses also within a block or two.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
christina
"Swissotel at Sydney"
Very convenient to all of downtown Sydney's tourist activities.
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
"Great stay in Sydney!"
Hotel is right in the middle of the city. Surrounded by a bunch of shops! And if you don't mind walking it is walking distance to all the key tourist spots. I walked to The Rocks, Darling Harbor, The Harbor Bridge, Circular Quey, Sydney Opera House and Chinatown and Paddys Market. OHH YEA also the beautiful botanical gardens :) woke up early and went for a run every morning I was there through the gardens. The hotel staff always very helpful with directions. And the bed and pillows are magical :) sooo comfy!!
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
"Nice location, close to the QVB, shopping mall."
Nice location, close to the QVB, shopping mall, walking distance to sea food market.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
Roger
"Terrific Oasis in Sydney's Best Area"
Sydney is a vibrant city and the Swissotel is perfectly located for easy walking to Darling Harbor, Chinatown, Circular Quay (for catching ferries to the Taronga Zoo, Manly, and suburbs--do these local ferries instead of the tours). The Opera House and the Royal Botanic Garden are also within walking distance. The Swissotel is a lovely, calm retreat after a busy day of sightseeing. The staff is very friendly and helpful; they offer terrific suggestions and address any problems swiftly. I would stay at any Swissotel anywhere else in the world for their exceptional quality of service and accommodation.
Other trip Jul 18, 2013
Cynthia
"Only so so for the brand name and price.."
This place although in a good location really does not live up to the Swissotel name. Our room had bubbly carpet and it really was quite old in style. The hotel staff were decent but not overly accommodating. The hotel also has a funky double elevator situation from the street mini lobby to the main lobby which is just annoying.
7 night trip with friends Apr 24, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Brief Holiday"
Friendly and helpful staff
3 night romance trip Apr 10, 2016
"Great Location and Renovated Rooms"
Good Renovated New Rooms, Great Location and Good Customer Service. Only point was that service at the Executive Lounge was poor.
1 night business trip Apr 7, 2016
SG
Great refurb - very clean and comfortable and staff were all very good.
Response by Swissotel Sydney
Dear Philip, Thank you for your kind feedback. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be so friendly and helpful! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Swissotel Sydney in the near future. Kind Regards, Ross Buchanan Executive Assistant Manager
2 night trip with friends Mar 31, 2016
Philip
"Extremely old. The images shown were 20 yrs ago."
Terrible
Response by Swissotel Sydney
Dear Traveler, Thank you for your review. I was disappointed to read your comments regarding the Swissotel Sydney, as the photographs of the hotel, on our own website and on third party websites, are all new and up to date due to the recent renovation of our guest rooms. We have also renovated our lobby and bar area and are currently in the process of renovating our entrance lobby on Market Street, so I am unsure as to which images you may be referring to. Kind Regards, Christian Hirt General Manager
1 night trip Apr 2, 2016
"Free night"
No views though they have plenty of empty rooms and at low level The mattress not comfortable , too soft and loose to support the spine
Response by Swissotel Sydney
Dear Traveler, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I was disappointed to read that you did not have a comfortable stay with us during your recent trip to Sydney. We do have the option to have the beds hardened for our guests', should they require it, and our Housekeeping team are more than happy to organize this. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Swissotel Sydney in the near future. Kind Regards, Ross Buchanan Executive Assistant Manager
1 night trip Mar 24, 2016
"lovely all round"
outstanding. we stayed the night before our wedding and the morning to get ready and the staff were amazing.
Response by Swissotel Sydney
Dear Katie, Thank you for your kind feedback. I was very pleased to read that you found our staff to be so friendly and helpful, and that we were able to help make such a special occasion so memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Swissotel Sydney in the near future. Kind Regards, Ross Buchanan Executive Assistant Manager
2 night trip Feb 26, 2016
"Perfect for Sydney Shopping"
I love the Swissotel's location; for a Sydney shopping weekend you can do no better being right at the door of Myer, David Jones, Westfield and the QVB. I'm also a fan of the bar on level 8 and its happy hour which is a perfect place to relax after a hard day at the shops. The staff are helpful and friendly and we usually end up staying on for dinner as well.
Response by Swissotel Sydney
Dear Traveler, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and were able to do some shopping during your recent trip to Sydney! We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Swissotel Sydney in the near future. Kind Regards, Ross Buchanan Executive Assistant Manager
3 night trip with friends Mar 17, 2016
The hotel misplaced our bags. But other than that, perfect.
Response by Swissotel Sydney
Dear Gary, Thank you for your feedback. I was disappointed to read your comments regarding your recent trip to Sydney, as this is certainly not the type of service we aim to provide our guests'. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Swissotel Sydney in the near future. Kind Regards, Ross Buchanan Executive Assistant Manager
2 night business trip Mar 18, 2016
"Getaway for the girls"
Fantastic hotel for a girls shopping weekend. Was extremely stylish hotel and the location was first class. Will be back.
Response by Swissotel Sydney
Dear Nola, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I was very pleased to read that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us, and were able to utilize our central location during your recent trip to Sydney! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Swissotel Sydney in the near future. Kind Regards, Christian Hirt General Manager
3 night trip with friends Mar 17, 2016
Nola
"great hotel"
we love it very much
Response by Swissotel Sydney
Dear Xuenan, Thank you for your kind feedback. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Swissotel Sydney in the near future. Kind Regards, Christian Hirt General Manager
1 night romance trip Mar 12, 2016
xuenan
NZ
"Great stay except for lifts"
The hotel was great. The room was such a great size and the beds were so comfortable. The only issue I had with this hotel was that the lifts were SO slow. I waited 10 minutes for a lift at one point. Please fix your lifts!
Response by Swissotel Sydney
Dear Genna, Thank you for your kind feedback. I was very pleased to read that you had such a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Swissotel Sydney in the near future. Kind Regards, Christian Hirt General Manager
1 night family trip Mar 12, 2016
Genna
Room is clean, bright and size is ok too. Great location.
Response by Swissotel Sydney
Dear Maria, Thank you for your kind feedback. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were able to utilize our central location during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Swissotel Sydney in the near future. Kind Regards, Christian Hirt General Manager
3 night family trip Feb 6, 2016