All hotels in Gorey, Ireland
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereCourtown Road, Gorey, Wexford, Ireland, ‏‎800-491-6126

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0

"Beautiful hotel"
Beautifully furnished and personally overseen wonderful fresh flowers everywhere quite glorious riot of colour and perfume and good taste . Kitchen garden marvellously well used.
2 night family trip Apr 23, 2014
C Campbell
"Convenient for my visit to Carnew"
Very Satisfactory
1 night trip Jul 27, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Marlfield House Hotel

"Romantic spot near Wicklow Mountains"
05/17/15 RaBaNaBey Beirut, Lebanon
My husband and I spent a wonderful night at the Marlfield House on a trip around Ireland. Quiet setting, beautiful gardens and well-appointed and charming rooms. Attentive and helpful staff made us feel welcome, even if we are a bit younger than the average guest. Breakfast was delicious, as was dinner (goat cheese appetizer and quail appetizer were standouts, as was the rhubarb crumble dessert). Not to be missed.
"Many Thanks to All the Staff in Marlfield House - A Very Memorable Visit."
05/12/15 Yvonne M Dublin, Ireland
I would like to thank all the staff for the wonderful hospitality that myself and a group of friends experienced in Marlfield House, Gorey, last Thursday, 7th May 2015. From the moment we arrived we were greeted with a wonderful welcome from Mrs Mary Bowe and Jessica. During our stay we were also greeted by Margaret Bowe and Laura Bowe and their staff. We sincerely appreciated the flexible approach provided by them to meet the needs of all the group. The warm and nurturing ambiance was created by so many special features and touches, for example, the many decorative features in the rooms, displays of fresh summer flowers, warm fires to name but a few of the special touches inside the House. Outside we could view the beautiful gardens and two special peacocks that were there. After settling into our rooms we sat in the Lounge and enjoyed the friendly service provided by the Barman. We dined in the beautiful Dining Room over-looking these gardens. Our dinner and breakfast was served by Cindy who was extremely helpful and attentive to all our needs. The food was absolutely delicious and beautifully presented by the Chefs. The peace, tranquillity and relaxation that I experienced are feelings I am still relishing a few days since returning home. I would highly recommend Marlfield House to family and friends.
"Afternoon tea visit"
04/16/15 Ger M
We called in for afternoon tea and we were so delighted with everything that we have booked a weekend stay...staff were lovely ..surrounds were amazing. .truly a stunning venue...One of the best we have visited and looking forward to our next visit. .
"Marvellous Marlfield"
04/11/15 Travel284 Zurich, Switzerland
What an experience! The welcome on arrival was genuine. The place is spotless. The decor is fantastic. It is comfort with a capital C. Bedroom was excellent, well equipped with fruit and water (still and sparking) with roomy and well fitted bathroom. Beds are always difficult to gauge but, for me, the mattress was too hard. Coffee and tea on arrival were perfect. Choice of aperitifs was great. Dinner was excellent. Wine choice was excellent. Breakfast was the best with the tastiest rashers I ever tasted. Staff were superb. Nothing is any bother. Morning papers were hot off the press. You may even have DVDs to watch in your bedroom. WiFi is good. If you want to chill out and pamper the body and mind try Marlfield.
"Awesome"
04/04/15 mocster1
I have never received a more welcoming or pleasant reception anywhere and the food was of the highest order. The scallops were seared to perfection and the monkfish was device. The stopford suite was luxury defined. I have no hesitation in giving this experience 5 stars. The staff were fantastic.
"Wonderful "
04/03/15 Brian M
Marl field House is splendid! It is near Gorey, county Wexford in the South East of Ireland. There is a warm welcome and the food is marvellous. There are extensive gardens which provide a lot of the food. The bedrooms are nicely appointed. The place is expensive but worth it.
"Courteous, attentive staff"
03/24/15 IFM_11 Dublin, Ireland
We stayed for one night in March 2015. It began very well when we found we had been upgraded to a junior suite. Although this was never mentioned to us at check in. Not surprisingly the room was excellent. We had the three course supper. This was very good but probably not worth the price of €42. Breakfast, on the other hand, was exceptional. Prior to breakfast we took a very pleasant stroll in the gardens. It is not every hotel that you will meet two peacocks. The staff were excellent, always courteous and attentive. Definitely an upmarket hotel. The standard of bedrooms and public rooms is very high
"Amazing Wedding Venue"
02/02/15 Clodagh C Dublin, Ireland
I booked Marlfield House for my wedding in December. It was such a brilliant venue and we were so happy with every element of our day. From start to finish everything was so professional and all the staff were unbelievably helpful. The venue looked gorgeous and all our guests raved about the high standard of food.All the staff were so friendly and accommodating and they took the stress out of all the planning.Winter or summer it was the most beautiful venue for a wedding and I can't wait to attend one there in the future. We were so happy with how everything turned out, I can't say enough good things about Marlfield!
"Luxurious Romantic Wedding"
01/29/15 Roisin M Gorey, Ireland
We had the wonderful experience of having our wedding in Marlfield House Hotel . From the first meeting with Vera - wedding co- ordinator - we knew we had made the right decision in choosing Marlfield as our venue. Our wedding day was tailored to suit us and any request we made was no problem. Whenever myself and my husband called in to discuss the day we were always made feel so welcome and the staff were as enthusiastic about our wedding as we were. Our ceremony was held in the stunning Print room . It was Christmas time , late afternoon and the decor , soft lighting and candles made it a very romantic setting . Our champagne reception was held in the foyer with the fires lighting ,tasteful Christmas decorations ,piano playing and delicious canapés . We were treated to a sumptuous meal in the dining room and conservatory . Our guests are still talking about the melt in the mouth fillet of beef .With the fabulous service it really was a dining experience to remember. We danced the night away to music by Phil Cawley in the foyer. We had 120 guests at our wedding and this meant we had to occupy the house for the night. We had the pleasure of choosing all the rooms for our guests . Our room for the wedding night was the transformed Print room , luxury does not come close to describing the room. Breakfast the next day was as expected , fresh tasty and plenty to choose from. If we can give you any advice with planning your wedding it would be to look no further , the venue , the grounds, the dining experience , but above all the care and professionalism of the staff of Marlfield House Hotel could not be surpassed. A wedding day is to be the most beautiful special day of your life , having it in Marlfield House Hotel ensures that. Barry & Roisin .
"Wonderful Winter Wedding"
01/25/15 Marketeer83
We got married here in December 2014, the location was perfect for what we were looking for. We were having a small wedding, <20 people, and wanted somewhere that was special but not a big hotel where the party would get lost with other guests. Marlfield was ideal. Vera, the Wedding Co-ordinator, could not have been more helpful. She was attentive to our every request and made sure the day ran smoothly. The house - decorated for Christmas - and surrounding gardens offered great locations for the wedding photos. We held the service in the Print Room, a lovely suite just off the entrance foyer. The foyer was where we had our canapes between the service and the meal - again the quality was extremely high. We then went to the restaurant for our meal, which everyone thoroughly enjoyed. The food was fantastic (onion tart to start, butternut squash soup, rib-eye steak for main and chocolate marquise for dessert) and the service was excellent throughout the afternoon and evening. We then returned to the Print Room for the remainder of the evening. The other big plus for Marlfield was the bedrooms. All of the suites would be among the best rooms I have ever stayed in. As the bride and groom we had the Stopford Room, a state room across the hall from the Print Room. This gorgeous room added so much to the magical nature of the stay. Our wedding day was an absolute thrill from start to finish and I couldn't imagine having as good as day anywhere else. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Marlfield to anyone looking for a wedding venue, a weekend away or just a great Sunday lunch.