All hotels in Gorey, Ireland

"Relaxing getaway"
wonderful!
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2015
"Lovely country estate"
We were traveling around Ireland a new stop each day. This was a perfectly lovely place to stay. Quiet and peaceful...lovely grounds. The staff was pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was delicious and young lady serving (Mary) was very kind.
1 night romance trip Jun 1, 2015
Pamela

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Stress Break."
Our stay was enjoyable from start to finish and Marfield House is a great place to unwind. The service is second to none.
1 night romance trip Mar 12, 2016
"Beautiful hotel with a tranquil setting"
Lovely tranquil setting, we went there for a chilled out weekend with some sight seeing and this was the perfect hotel. The gardens and nearby beach were gorgeous and the meal we had in the hotel was amazing.
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2016
Jacinta
"Quality promised and delivered"
We stayed for one night and even when things did not quite go as expected the staff were on top of it and rectified the situation, to the point that we really look forward to going back and could not fault the hotel in any way. You get what you pay for. The staff were nothing short of excellent and the service was second to none, and I should know as I manage a customer service centre. Nothing was too much for them and everything was done quickly. Nothing seemed to trouble them and everything was done with a smile. I have travelled all over the world and stayed in extremely well known hotels and I could honestly say that this was the best experience I have ever had in a hotel. This place should be on everyone's bucket list.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2016
Martin
"Fabulous!"
Could not recommend more...the hotel, room, food and service were exceptional...
1 night romance trip Feb 6, 2016
"Perfect Winter Getaway"
Marlfield is the perfect winter getaway. Very easily accessible from Dublin, excellent food and lovely bedrooms, reataurant and drawing rooms.The new restaurant called "the Duck" in converted outhouses is a great addition with a good all day variety of food on offer, whether you just want a bowl of soup or a full meal. Fine dining in the main house is top class.
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2015
"Romantic getaway"
Really enjoyed the stay and excellent food but the service was a bit haphazard.
1 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
Hotel is lovely.... Staff excellent professional and friendly esp at reception...hiwever at dinner the staff arreared to be intimated by the maitre de... Running around flustered... We received the wrong breakfasts snd had to ask for our newspaper after our breakfast which was thsn delivered to the table next to us....
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
"Beautiful hotel"
Beautifully furnished and personally overseen wonderful fresh flowers everywhere quite glorious riot of colour and perfume and good taste . Kitchen garden marvellously well used.
2 night family trip Apr 23, 2014
C Campbell

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

1 night family trip Dec 28, 2015

TripAdvisor reviews for Marlfield House Hotel

"A wonderful stay"
04/20/16 Dublindays2015 Dublin, Ireland
We had a lovely restful time here. A relaxing break, great service, gorgeous food all transported to another world. The welcoming hall sets the tone for stay. A large oval shaped room, a welcoming fire and and nicely arranged seating, moving to The Library and then later to The Dining Room it's such a feast of fabulous food.
"Magical place with a personal touch"
04/19/16 Sheamusbxl Exloo, The Netherlands
We've known Marlfield House for longer than we would share in public. Throughout the years they have kept up exquisite standards, have succeeded in giving us the feeling of coming home and have made each visit into a great experience. We totally love this house and its honest Irish hospitality. Go in for dinner, or go to the new bistro. Ireland at it's best!!!
"Home away from home"
04/18/16 wasmuth Hambrg
My third visit to Marfield House in 8 years and every time it is a home coming. Even though some of the staff changed it is as if you know them or they at least know you. The kitchen is continuously excellent and the breakfast is a dream and not something the hotel has to provide. if there is something you desire and ca not find, ask for it and it will be served. I will return.
"Afternoon Tea"
04/02/16 Eileen G Dublin
Visited this absolutely fantastic house for Afternoon Tea. From the time we arrived until we left three hours later we enjoyed every moment. After a wonderful spread which really was beautifully we left the house and walked around the gardens. Beautiful setting and such a wonderful way to finish off the perfect afternoon,
"A Warm, Welcome Respite"
03/23/16 takeyourdog Richmond, Virginia
Run. Don't walk to the Marlfield House Hotel. It's one of the few places we'd made advance reservations for our driving trip out of Dublin and we're so glad we did. I'd had a nasty bout of food poisoning from a Japanese restaurant in Dublin and wasn't up to much of anything by the time we'd driven to Wexford. Much to my dismay, we cancelled our dinner reservations at The Conservatory because I wasn't up to snuff. We ate instead at The Duck Terrace and how lovely it was! By far and away I credit the parsnip soup for my recovery! The hospitality at Marlfield House is superb and the property is absolutely gorgeous. A quiet, serene setting amidst beautifully landscaped gardens. The rooms are luxurious - we saw a few of them in addition to our own - and very comfortable. Leaving the room for dinner, we're not sure if we put the "do not disturb" or the "please service this room" hang tag on the door, but we returned to a turn-down service with all of our clothes neatly put away. It's too bad we stayed only one night, because I can easily see staying here for several days. TIP: You must have the oatmeal at breakfast! The most delicious I've ever had. Thank you Margaret, for everything. We hope to return!
"One night just wasn't enough"
03/21/16 Hells32
We stayed here last week for one night for our wedding anniversary. It is definitely one of the nicest places we have stayed in for a long time. Complete relaxation set in from the moment we walked through the front door, starting with the open fire in the beautiful foyer. The house is decorated in keeping with the period of the house and has some lovely touches throughout, such as flowers from the garden. Our room had windows on two sides so we had a view of the gardens from one. There is a lovely short walk to explore around the gardens of the house, complete with lake and peacock! We decided to eat in The Duck Restaurant that evening. All food is locally sourced, even as local as their own garden! The food was amazing, staff were lovely and the service was outstanding. Breakfast the following day was top notch with a great choice of either buffet and/or cooked options. We will definitely be back!
"Simply Outstanding in every way"
03/16/16 fmc999 Sleaford, United Kingdom
This is without doubt one of the finest hotels in which I have ever stayed. Wonderful, exclusive and sumptuous decor inside and out, amazing and attentive service where nothing was too much trouble. Our four poster bedroom with real working fireplace and marble bathroom with roll top bath was beautifully furnished and appointed and made us feel like royalty in a bygone age! Dinner and breakfast involved great food and service - and reasonably-priced wines. Waking up to the sound of our resident Peacock and a morning walk around the formal gardens were the icing on the cake to a truly memorable stay.
"Exquisite"
03/15/16 Martinsdaly
We spent a night in an amazing room with a 4 poster bed and a fire. It was unbelievably relaxing. The staff provided a first class service and nothing was too much trouble for them. We dined in the Duck Restaurant and the food was beautiful and the service was excellent. We would highly recommend this hotel which is more expensive than most but you get what you pay for. This is something everyone should experience.
"Wedding Anniversary Treat"
02/28/16 Dooish10 Dublin, Ireland
Expensive but excellent in every way - very friendly staff, super rooms, superb food. My wife and I were celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and decided to go somewhere special - we were not disappointed - Marlfield House treated us like royalty at all times. Our room was superb - they upgraded us to a full suite on the ground floor - it was simply a "Wow" experience. I have been in a lot of hotels for my work travel and would not be easily impressed. However Marlfield was absolutely superb - it was well worth the price tag.
"I want to live here!"
02/23/16 finnkath County Dublin, Ireland
Breathtakingly gorgeous country house hotel, from the minute you pull up in front of it. I called in on spec and got a room straight away, which was also gorgeous. Headed down to the bar for a nightcap and because there was a group there who were chatting quite loudly and I wanted to read, the barman showed me to another sitting room which I had totally to myself where I happily read my book until bedtime. Breakfast was served in a STUNNING conservatory/gallery off the sitting room I had been in on the previous night, but it was a total surprise since the entrance doors had been covered by curtains at night. The mushrooms on toast in a creamy sauce was divine - I could have eaten a bowl of the sauce all by itself! Two poached eggs included. Although this was a business trip, I have a habit of avoiding "business" hotels and going for country house/Blue Book/boutique hotels wherever possible, and boy did this one pay off. I can't wait to get back there.