All hotels in Berlin, Connecticut, United States of America
2387 Berlin Turnpike, Berlin, CT, 06037, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

2.8
"It was ok"
The guy at the front desk could have been nicer but besides that, it was fine.
1 night business trip Apr 3, 2015
Alicia
"Good thing I'm not that squeamish..."
The rooms are clean but needed to be freshened up about 15 years ago. The furniture in the room - the desk and the TV hutch - were abominable and needed to be replaced 20 years ago. The towels were clean but they, too, needed to replaced 10 years ago. They're discolouring and have no pile left; think 200 grit sandpaper. Staff needs to vacuum behind furniture - note: behind the bed's headboard was basically clean - as there was 10 years of dust behind the TV hutch. I reserved a room with a king bed: it was a king mattress on a queen box spring. Comfortable yes, but don't lean to close to the edge because you're going down fast. No bed bugs.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
DJ Zio
"Good price but barely acceptable"
It was obvious that the people there did the very minimum to keep the place running. The snow clearing was pathetic and every time we came or went we nearly fell. The faucet leaked and sprayed all over the place. The breakfast included waffles.. but the batter had gone bad.. luckily we noticed after only one bite.. There are a lot of hotels on the Berlin Turnpike to choose from and we won't be staying at this one again. I will say that the the price was right for the room.
2 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
"Great quality for price!"
This hotel was great for the price! Not a top-of-the-line hotel, but completely acceptable in terms of cleanliness and comfort.
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
Christina
"Good enough. Great staff"
Sufficient room for rate. Heater took about 8 hours to warm the room. TV would only show one channel (HBO). Otherwise, good stay... Clean enough and the shower works well.
1 night business trip Jan 15, 2015
Clif
"Only stay here as a last resort"
I booked my room on expedia.com because the rate was lower than what I was quoted over the phone. When I arrived, I was given a hard time for reserving online, and then I was told that they don't guarantee pet rooms (I had my dog with me) for online reservations. With all of 5 cars in the parking lot, I asked if she would let us stay there or not. If not, we would go up the road to the next place. All of a sudden, a room was available. The room was old, dingy, and freezing cold - took about 12 hours for the heater to warm the room. The day of my check out, housekeeping almost entered my room without knocking. Thank God I used the extra lock! I had just gotten out of the shower. Later, when loading my car, I noticed the front desk lady and the housekeeper guy were in the hall waiting for me to leave. Needing to make multiple trips, I brought out the first load and found that they had already locked me out of my room! My dog was still in there! The housekeeper opened my door silently, giving me an annoyed look. I got my stuff out and left ASAP. This place def doesn't give you that warm fuzzy feeling.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
Lori
"Clean"
Looked Clean, but didn't"t smell fresh.
1 night business trip Dec 31, 2014
The hotel rooms were clean and good. Fast Wifi internet. Good breakfast. Quick service.
"Don't waste your money"
Very old and outdated no elevator so if u have someone with trouble using steps don't go here, the rooms is from the 90's needs to be updated also bad sell throughout hotel and rooms
1 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Greg
"Rough around the Edges"
The staff was fine, but there were MANY surfaces that needed repair or paint. Also, the were cleaning buckets w/dirty water in evidence. One of these buckets was on the counter with the breakfast food. Ugh.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
"not as nice as it used to be under new ownership"
I put up many out of town customers over the years when the Grelak family owned the facility. The motel has not been kept up to my standards so I would not stay there again.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
"Beds hard as floor"
The beds were rediculasly hard. No way to get a nights sleep on them. Will not return or recommend.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
"Not bad for one night"
Room was better than expected but we could smell cigarettes from the air conditioning even though it was a non smoking room
1 night romance trip Sep 29, 2014
"Nice room, terrible staff"
The room itself was very nice, and there is a large lobby. The staff there was incredibly rude in the morning. The hotel charges for a late checkout and they hounded our door 10 minutes before the actual checkout time rushing us out. We've stayed in hundreds of hotels across the US and this is one of maybe two places that has charged for a late checkout. That combined with the unwelcoming nature of the morning staff was very disappointing
1 night trip Sep 14, 2014
"good"
I had no issues when I stayed here
1 night romance trip Sep 6, 2014
"The place to go and stay!"
It was a enjoyable place to stay and the lady that was at the front was really nice. I'll be staying there again when I need some more me time.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Pam
"Fine room for a one night stay for the price"
The place needs some updating. Our biggest complaints would be the other guests smoking right outside the entrance. We are not smokers and were actually here for a family funeral. It is offensive to me and most motels are banning it from the entrance area. The breakfast could use some improvement. The coffee was very weak, the food choices not good. Packaged eggs? Sorry, no. Add bagels and bananas(they are cheaper than apples) Donuts or pastries would be a great addition. Hope this helps.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2014
"Hotel was Ok"
shower was broken, bed was average, location was great for me.
1 night business trip Aug 28, 2014
"Terrible, terrible experience at this hotel."
I reserved a room at this hotel for my daughter and teenage granddaughter for two nights when they were in Connecticut visiting my grandson in hospital. We all live in Virginia. It became necessary to extend the stay an additional night and I made the reservation via Hotel.com again. On the morning of the third day, a non-English speaking person came to the room while my granddaughter was there alone and using hand gestures and few words, demanded she pack up all their things and get out of the room. My granddaughter, not knowing what to do, quickly gathered up all of their things and dragged them down to the lobby. Her mother was at hospital at the time. She frantically called me and told me what was happening after she had already informed the desk clerk that the room had been extended. The clerk said she couldn't find it. I gave my granddaughter the extended reservation confirmation number for the same room and she told it to the desk clerk, who looked it up and found it. My granddaughter then had to drag all of the luggage back upstairs to the room again. There was no apology or offer of assistance getting the luggage back upstairs. I am outraged and would never consider returning to this establishment. The front desk claimed that no one came to the room. They did.
2 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Jackie Weaver
"Lousy"
The only good thing about this room was the size! The pillows were dirty,our air conditioner was broke so when we turned it on it wet up the carpet so bad we had to put shoes in to walk. I complained but they said it was no maintenance and was giving two towels to place on the floor! That goodness my kids were to young to understand this place was sleezy!
2 night family trip Aug 11, 2014
Nicole
"Great experience A++"
I enjoyed my stay at the Best Western - Berlin, CT, the staff was courteous and the service was excellent. you guys are great! A++ :)
2 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2014
Wilfredo
"Horrible experience"
All I can say is customer service was horrible!!!!! Manager was rude! Jut horrible experience for my family and I. Would never stay there again not recommend ANYone to stay at that dump!!
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2014
Everything was fine, not complaining
1 night business trip Aug 8, 2014
Edwin
"You get what you pay for"
This hotel was not terrible, and the staff were friendly, but overall it was in need of an overhaul. The rooms were maybe not disgusting, but certainly not fresh and clean. The shower was moldy, the room had a general dank smell, and the pillows felt like they'd been through the washing machine several hundred time, and were more like stuffing than an actual pillow. Breakfast was edible (and free!, you can't really go wrong with toast, cereal, and yogurt) but certainly not good. I didn't dare try to waffle machine or microwavable "omelettes" but those are kind of your options for free breakfast at $55/night. I've heard from others there are much nicer hotels in the area for a similar price, though, so next time will shop around more.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
Karyn
"Close to our destination. 1/2 mile away"
Pleased with all the services available including the clean pool, exercise room and breakfast too. The in room microwave and nice size refridgerator was a pleasent suprise. The owners/operatiors were friendly and accomodating. A very good value. Only negative was that our room was in need of some paint and wall paper refreshing. Will look into utilizing Days Inn for future travel needs. Signed up with Wyndham Rewards as soon as we got home.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Jim Carrozza
"Decent accommodations for the price."
Decent accommodations for the price.
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2014
Had a pleasant stay thank you
2 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"Price says it all"
Low price means low quality experience. Rooms need updating. Facility is dark and worn.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
This motel is a little out of the way, but the money I saved made that drawback very tolerable.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
The price was great and the hotel staff was very pleasant. The pool was the best feature. The hotel decor is dated and the ice machine was out of order as well as the drink machine. Overall worth the price but anyone looking for anything more than very basic accommodations will be disappointed.
12 night trip Jul 3, 2014
"Just OK"
We were in the area for a baseball tournament and needed a reasonably priced place to stay. The price was right yet the hotel was clean but dated. Breakfast choices were minimal and the service area should have been much cleaner. Pool was very nice although the restrooms in the pool area were awful. We requested additional pillows and towels but was never accommodated. While getting ready to leave on Saturday morning we were asked to please hurry up as ours was the last room to be cleaned which was quite rude. I would not return to this hotel.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Deb A
"Have pets? Stay here."
Inexpensive to book a room and a $10 pet fee for our dog. Desk clerk was helpful. Continental breakfast was average, OJ dispenser unfortunately broken. Not much to look at but clean and comfortable.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
COD
"close to family"
Room was clean but no elevator, traveling with an infant meant lots of stuff up 2 flights of stairs. Breakfest included was okay.
4 night trip Jun 19, 2014
Wendy
"The hotel was filthy. The staff was very rude the."
My experience with that hotel was a nightmare I was so embarrassed to have my family there.
military police
"Convenient and Comfortable"
Hotel was more than adequate. Don't understand some of the negative comments that were given. For the price, hotel provided great value, which included a very decent breakfast.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Bill Slezak
"Don't stay here!"
The first room we were given had bedding with holes in the sheets, no lighting that worked, and a toilet seat that was so loose you would fall off. We were given another room that was ok but not great. The carpeting in the lobby looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in a week. The breakfast items were not routinely replenished so by 9:00 am you may as well find a local restaurant if you have any kind of appetite.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Days inn"
It was a good location to the softball fields. The hotel it self could use a little updating. They need to replace the carpets in the halls & lobby. They should also take care of the water damage throughout the hotel. The staff was friendly & nice.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Needs some work"
Room was big but neds to be maintained better. Wall paper peeling off with mold behind it not a great sight. Long hairs stuck on shower wall. Nothing a good cleaning and some regular maintaince couldnt fix. Pool was very clean and nice back lawn to hang out on around pool.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Good enough."
We were glad to find a place to stay that was reasonable. It's a little forbidding to find in the dark, but the breakfast was good and overall, I can't complain.
1 night trip Jun 4, 2014
"Awesome staff, nice breakfast!!"
I was in the middle of transferring out of state and had to stay in a hotel for short term.we first went to the econo lodge in New haven and it was the worst experience as it was filthy and the staff were rude, so we booked with the days inn and stayed for the rest of the duration.. before the big move. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a very nice selection. I would definitely recommend to a friend and stay again!!
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
C
"Bathroom"
The tissue rolls in the bathroom came out of the wall and it looked like it wasn't properly installed. Stairwells weren't mopped.
3 night business trip Jun 5, 2014
"you get what you pay for"
you get what you pay for what more needs to be said
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
"I would not recommend it"
Even though other reviews mentioned that the hotel was old I was surprised that it didn't seem like it had been updated for more than 15 years. It was very dusty & dirty looking and very worn. Including the room. Our linen was very dingy, white towels bed linen that looked grey. The lighting in the room flickered, & was not bright at all. There were no screens on the windows. The stopper in the sink was broken , but the front desk said no one could fix it that night, the house keeping staff was not available for cleaner linen or towels. Even though we were staying 2 nights, the sink was still not fixed the next day. the nicest part of the staff was the nice people working the continental breakfast. I asked to speak to the manager but never saw him/her. the young man at the front desk always responded "it is only me here & I can't ....".
2 night trip May 24, 2014
"older motel from the sixties on an old highway"
friendly staff that tries hard. advertised movies in room but there were none.
Other trip May 26, 2014
lee
"Musty smelling Hotel Rooms!!!"
Rooms smelled musty, we rented three rooms all on the second floor, every one of the rooms smelled musty/ moldy...when I complained to the front desk all they did was send me back upstairs with some Febreze spray & said try that it may help, I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!!
Other trip May 26, 2014
Tourist
"Good for price"
An older hotel. But everything was fine for the price
Other trip May 25, 2014
jmd
"Never again"
From the entry into the building, to the room itself, it smelled and was run down. There were stains on everything, even the pillow cases. We found crumbled chips and an empty bottle of liquor behind the night stand. The chair smelled like urine. In the evening I asked for extra towels. Was told I would have to go down to the front desk in the morning to get them. It lacked simple amenities in the bathroom. Had a TV from the 80's
1 night business trip May 13, 2014
Ann
"Decent place for a night"
The faucet wasnt working right at first, but the place wasnt bad for a nights stay.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"nice but need help"
Nice staff really nice people. The hotel it self needs improvement on new bed speads
2 night business trip Mar 21, 2014
nelson
"only if you can't find somewhere else."
The room was freezing when I entered. The fan in the heater didn't work. Set heater to 90. After 24 hours still cold in room. Carpeting dirty, torn and frayed. Garbage and dog dropping piled on snow right outside sliding glass door, which is where the only table to eat at was. Both chairs around the table were dirty and ready to break. Curtains torn. Sliding glass doors leading to pool area left unlocked and slightly ajar. Good thing I checked, anyone could have entered the room while I was out or sleeping. Blankets had large burn holes in them. The bathroom wasn't really cleaned. Toilet plunger left next to the toilet. Mold and grit in groves of the wall around bath tub. Towels old, stained and torn. Mirror not cleaned at all. There were cob webs and chipping paint in the corners by the ceiling. The coffee maker wasn't cleaned, and the fridge was running but warm. I would have gone to another hotel if I could have.
Other trip Mar 20, 2014