All hotels in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here120 S 17th St, Philadelphia, PA, 19103, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Sofitel"
We love this hotel as it is in a great part of Philadelphia. Excellent service and a quaint hotel. Parking was an extra $41 but in the city it's not a bad price, especially with valet. We plan on staying here again.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
Ryan
"Viva Le Sofitel !"
Great stay, was upgraded to a suite. Real classy hotel, the french way!
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
milton
"My stay at Sofitel"
I enjoyed my stay here as usual. Great hotel with a great location. Brought in the New Year right!
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Impeccable room. Spacious comfortable and clean. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was amazingly awesome.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
"A lovely experience"
As a Christmas gift for my fiancée, I purchased tickets to see Aretha Franklin at the Kimmel Theater. In order to make it a really memorable experience, I also took him to dinner at Del Fresco's and stayed overnight in the Sofitel Hotel. We are from NJ and the drive was over an hour to get there. The Sofitel Hotel is a beautiful place, with excellent staff, and incredibly spacious rooms. I booked on line at Expedia and had a Deluxe King Room. Mission accomplished, we had a wonderful time and felt very well taken care of. I highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Joanne
"Location, price, food - all top marks!"
Fantastic location, great price, amazingly delicious breakfast buffet food - highly recommended!
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
Anson
"A glorified Sheraton"
The room itself felt more like a Sheraton, Holiday Inn, you get the idea... The room felt stuffy and there was an unpleasant smell, from carpets I would guess, or just from being old... The bed was uncomfortable. If you go here expecting a nice Sofitel you'd be disappointed. If you go with lowered expectations you'd be OK. Regardless, a 4.6 rating for this hotel is just too much.
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
The hotel was overall very good. I would recommend trying the smoked salmon.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Terrific hotel. Near restaurants. Was there for New Years eve and staff was terrific with a DJ and special NEw Years Eve hats, etc.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Worth every penny"
The Sofitel was an elegant hotel that was accommodating in every way shape and form. When first arriving, I was very surprised to see just how luxurious and friendly the staff are. Being in the heart of Philadephia, I was expecting a busy get-in and get-out manner. But everyone from the Valet to the Reception desks were patient and willing to do whatever it takes to make sure you feel comfortable. The room itself was magnificent. Although the view was not that great, everything else was phenomenal. It was clean and very comfortable and cozy! Several shops and stores were all within walking distance so we never strayed too far if we needed to head back.
2 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
Vance
"Philly weekend"
Overall a very pleasant experience. Hotel was clean and staff was very friendly. Great location as it's in the center of center city.
2 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
"Warm Welcome in the center of Philadelphia"
Everything about our stay at the Sofitel was excellent. My only complaint is that the lighting in the bathroom is too harsh. The lights should be on a dimmer so you can control the amount of reality you want to experience.
NYCChick
"Convenient in center city"
Comfortable room and convenient location. Gym could be improved. Some of its equipment was not working .
Tony
"Birthday Celebration"
We spent two nights celebrating a birthday. The hotel was a walk away from sight seeing, shopping, The Roxy Theater & several restaurants. Although it was cold we enjoyed walking to many places & enjoying the Christmas lights downtown.
Annetta
"Just a little hitch..."
Friendly, service oriented staff and a beautiful room -- we couldn't have been more pleased with our accommodations. Our only and unexpected hitch was found upon check out when we waited 90 minutes for our car from the valet service. Our frustration was fueled by the valet personnel's lack of response to our questions. I am happy to say the hotel management was quick to address my complaint and refund our valet parking charge. I feel this was a satisfactory resolution.
2 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
Angela
"Dissapointed"
We stayed in a Jr Suite. I thought that our kids would be happy having their own room. However, the sofa in their room was extremely uncomfortable both as a sofa and as a sofa bed. The entire family was also very dissapointed that the Jack And Jill bathroom did not have an actual door. The French style doors close leaving a gap in the middle thus making it very uncomfortable to use.
2 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Best hotel in Philly"
This is my favorite hotel to stay in while I'm in Philly. The location is superb and they have the most amazing beds. Their staff is beyond welcoming and professional. It's nice to see that they haven't lost their touch over the years.
2 night trip Dec 28, 2014
"Efficiency with a French flair"
Centrally located to the downtown business district. Cultural destinations on the Avenue of the Arts and Franklin Parkway are closeby.
2 night business trip Dec 28, 2014
Samuel
"Lovely place, close to shopping and nightlife"
I always stay here in philadelphia. I feel like royalty.
dev
"ONE NIGHT STAY ON OUR 50TH ANNIVERSARY"
Very nice Hotel and friendly staff. stayed in this Hotel for our 50th Anniversary, I only regret eating dinner at this place. The food was good, but the portions where more fitted for a Kids Meal than for Adults, very small and for the cost of $82.- with just one Beer and a chicken and Duck platter suitable for Children, and desert I expected more. Needles to say we went to Bed Hungry
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Good Location; Needs Upgrades"
The location of this Sofitel is great and that alone would prompt us to stay there again. We had stayed here before so we knew what to expect. Certain things in and around the hotel need attention, however. The valet service is well staffed, but they cannot handle the volume of vehicles that often come through. In 5 days, we had to wait ~30 minutes for our car twice and once they brought back the wrong car. Hotel staff was very courteous. The use of French phrases was cute, but unnecessary. Our room was comfortable, but outdated. The double swinging doors into the bathroom should be replaced with a single door that closes completely and latches. Our room door rattled every time neighboring doors were closed.
JD
Lovely hotel, centrally located. Unless you really need a rental car for your stay, don't use the valet service - ridiculously priced.
"Bad Experience."
The room over us must have let their water run. The water came through our bathroom ceiling and onto our floor, shower, and tub. The people who responded were very nice, but I didn't want to use the shower or tub after that. And the person on duty at check out did absolutley nothing to compensate this. My son was using the bathroom when the water started coming in. I found the lack of "make it right" ridiculous.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"Romantic Staycation"
My husband and I stayed in a Jr Suite and were very impressed with the quality and service.
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
Kimberly
"beautiful hotel"
the hotel is gorgeous and the staff is very helpful!!
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Keeley
"Two Nights at Christmas"
My husband, myself and my 18 month old daughter stayed two nights beginning on Christmas. The lobby was very festive and the staff were very accommodating. They provided crayons and a coloring book for my daughter and learned her name so they could say 'Hi" to her when we passed by. It was also my birthday and when the staff learned of this they brought mini cakes up to our room with a candle.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
bday
"One neg comment...comforter as bed sheet?"
It's a great location, and the price was right this time. I'd stay there again. But, why do some hotels consider the comforter the only cover for the bed? Others have a sheet, and a comforter. This comforter, granted, is like a sheet, but it's not. I just wonder if they wash the comforter cover after every guest. The front desk crew was great, and I have no other complaints but the minor one above, which probably tells you something. If that's the only problem, then you should consider staying at The Sofitel.
1 night trip Dec 26, 2014
patric
"Short Stay"
Short stay, but I will book again!
1 night business trip Dec 26, 2014
"Great hotel!"
Great stay at great hotel! Beautiful room, friendly staff, wonderful concierge, great location. Couldn't ask for anything better!
2 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"Christmas in Philly"
Christmas in Philadelphia visiting with family. The hotel was impeccable with great service. The location was ideal-minutes walking from everything. We had a delightful stay!
2 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"few hour stay..."
didnt stay long. im a photographer. i did a photoshoot, then left(checked out)
1 night business trip Dec 21, 2014
dwayne
"five star prices, two star comfort"
The hotel was in a great location and was nicely appointed, but was extremely noisy. On our first morning, we were woken up prompt at 700 am on a Saturday by construction work being done outside our windows. The front desk staff apologized, but said the only thing they could do was move us to a higher floor on the same side of building. Additionally, our junior suite room was next door to the housekeepers' storage area where there was regular loud banging noises. Ive had quieter, more comfortable stays at holiday inns. On top of all of that, the parking was rediculously expensive even for a luxury hotel. For the price we paid for our room, I think you can get a much better experience at one of the four or five other hotels located within a block of this hotel.
3 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
"Holiday vacation"
The location, room quality and size are great. The staff is superior.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
carmen
"Beautiful"
Beautiful hotel, awesome service. Definitely making another trip soon.
2 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
Matthew
"That bed!"
Oh yes - it was do good that I never wanted to get out of bed! I had dinner at the bar two evenings, excellent wines that pair well with the entrees. The room was spacious and it was great to have a tub. If I return to Philly, I'll definitely return to the Sofitel.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
Jen
"Thank you"
Perfect stay for a night or two Stage of comfort
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
dan
"Sophisticated, elegant, yet friendly"
From valet to front desk to bar, a class act in evdry way.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
CC
"Nice Hotel Near Rittenhouse Square"
We recently stayed at the Sofitel for a weekend night. We wanted to try the Sofitel, having recently stayed across the street at the Hotel Palomar. Both are excellent hotels in a prestigious, but busy, location convenient to nearby arts venues, museums, shopping and many excellent restaurants. Our junior suite was on the 14th floor so street noise was not an issue. The layout was perfect if one is entertaining guests. The sitting room is very large and inviting. The king bedroom was also spacious and can be completely separated from the rest of the suite. The most novel aspect was that the bathroom could be accessed from the living room as well as the bedroom through separate doors on either end.
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
RJ
"Flawless Stay"
I was upgraded last minute when I arrived to check-in from a normal king-size bed room to a junior suite with no additional charge! It was an awesome surprise and I was thoroughly impressed by the customer service at the front desk, room service attendants, and valet parking/greeters. It was an amazing experience and I will be sure to stay at the Sofitel every time I come back to Philadelphia.
1 night trip with friends Dec 19, 2014
Katherine
"Great hotel. Great location"
Staff is very professional and helpful. Very pleasant stay. Great location. Clean and comfortable.. Fabulous bed. Food in Liberti restaurant was very good.
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
maria
"Perfect location in Philadelphia"
In the city to attend appointments in University City at the University of Pennsylvania. Great location for walking 25 minutes up Walnut to 34th St. Taxis are also readily available. Sofitel is perfectly located for shopping and restaurants in downtown Philadelphia in the Rittenhouse district and both Walnut and Chestnut Streets. The hotel itself is attractive, modern and welcoming. The novelty of the French brand is inviting with staff greeting guests in French.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
"Excellent overnight stay"
front desk was extremely nice and accomadating considering we booked the room 25 minutes prior to showing up to check in.
1 night romance trip Dec 14, 2014
Good place , terrible room service menu and quality of food is bad !! Really slow service staff specially housekeeping and room service
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
"great stay"
Beautiful hotel,friendly professional staff,great location. Made the weekend special.love the bonjour greeting
2 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
"wonderful"
Wonderful
2 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
francis
"Great luxury style hotel at an affordable price."
The staff is noticeably customer satisfaction oriented and very attentive, more so then even much pricier properties.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
Joey
"Decent hotel in a happening spot!"
Overall my stay was enjoyable. When I booked and prepaid for our rooms 3 months in advance the staff member told me that checking in an hour early wouldn't be an issue, but somehow by the time I made it there, that was not the case. The concierge told me that she would come and get us from the barr when our room was ready, and when 3pm rolled around not only did they not contact me, but the concierge that gave me that information had left the building. I think it's a lovely little hotel in the right part of town, but not really ideal for business.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
Marcus
"Great Hotel in a Great Location"
Great Location for XMAS shopping and good restaurants nearby
2 night romance trip Dec 11, 2014
"wonderful experience"
First time at the hotel and will definitely return forfeiture visits. Terrific spacious room, very comfortable bed, quiet, excellent service
1 night business trip Dec 14, 2014
Anthony
"Great stay and will return again next year!"
Wonderful room and great front desk service. Convenient to stadium and ball games.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014