All hotels in Deeside, Wales, United Kingdom
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereSt David's Park, Ewloe, Deeside, Wales, CH5 3YB, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great staff at great value hotel."
Excellent friendly helpful staff. A lot of small personal touches made a big difference (helping to check in early given a room available, a vase for my wife's flowers without having to ask!) Thank you!
8 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
Stayed in several hotels on family holiday over the last two weeks with this one being by far the most expensive. Enjoyed the stay but will not be revisiting unless rates are more competitive.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
only problem lack of chester draws hanging space for clothes,booking incorrect as told by agents could book treatment whne arrived found out this is not the case, this could have spoiled the weekend if it had not been foe staff hotel pulling all the stops out for us as this was the first time us booking a spar
Other trip Apr 11, 2014
We had a great stay at st David's, only minor problems were....swimming pool too small for anything, steam room didn't get warm and the bedroom walls appear to be made from paper. Could hear everything from next door. For anyone booking here I highly recommend walking out to the crown and liver gastro pub.
Other trip Mar 28, 2014
Hope to stay there again before too long
Other trip Jun 19, 2012

"good"
Lovely room. No problem when I asked to move due to crying baby in next room. Good food in bar and restaurant. Only downside was I had 4 pieces of luggage and when I asked the evening before checkout for someone to bring the luggage trolly the next morning, reception said they might not be able to help if no one was available. I ended up doing 2 trips myself and my room wasn't near reception. However would recommend for all other aspects.
2 night business trip Mar 8, 2015
"Great hotel all round!"
Stayed here for one night (Saturday). The hotel was clean and the staff very friendly and courteous. Excellent gym facilities and breakfast was fantastic! Highly recommend this hotel, we shall certainly be staying again.
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
"Just Great"
Great
2 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
Good room and hotel. Breakfast was a bit overdone.
1 night business trip Jan 18, 2015
Nick
"Different stopover"
Great stay in a great location for any of the businesses around North Wales, Deesside, Shotton etc. Nice the way the hotel tries to make an effort to be different.
1 night business trip Jan 13, 2015
"Nightmare - ruined birthday"
Absolutely appalled with this hotel. Stopped here for a romantic getaway for my birthday on New Years Eve. Got stuck in the furthest room away possible from reception. Took us 5mins just from the room. Room was dated, no signal, shower screen wouldn't close, no hot water?! Iron didn't work and we had a lovely view of a hill. Phoned up reception to complain about water and we got moved rooms. Still another dated room. Bathroom looked like something from my Nan's house. Yet again no signal, iron still didn't work and this time had a lovely view (including noise) of the main road which goes straight past the hotel. Only good thing was the breakfast and the lovely housekeeper. Will never return! Waste of money
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Amazing hotel"
Amazing hotel I have stayed an many hotels across the world and this is the first time the the service has been outstanding the beds so comfortable better than my bed at home. So impressed I am happy to say I will stay there again very soon
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Nic
"Would definitely stay here again"
Pool was closed but gym was really good. We arrived late for breakfast at 9.30, just as they were about to close, and the staff couldn't have been more helpful or friendly.
2 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
SAMANTHA
"Disapointed."
Was not informed the swimming pool was out of order in advance. Disapointed as this is whywe choose this hotel. Discounted food as good will.
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
"can't wait to come back"
Came to go Xmas shopping in chester was really impressed with the hotel staff couldn't be more helpful and friendly. Nothing was to much trouble.room was nice and clean and bed was comfortable. Breakfast was very nice with plenty of options of what to eat. Would definitely use this hotel again.
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
"Wouldn't return."
We expected a high end hotel however the room we stayed in was extremely dusty and the floor wasn't hoovered at all. We also didn't get any mobile phone reception and the only wifi we could get was in the toilet and even then it was touch and go. Overall the hotel is nice but the room has really let it down.
2 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
great stay, friendly and helpful staff. Didn't get chance to use all facilities but would return to sample. Taxi into Chester £15 - lovely place. Could do with better lighting in room - only ones that worked were small bedside lamps - not in room much so made no difference to us - am sure they would have sorted if we had asked. Breakfast quality was good with plenty of choice.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
"Lovely Hotel!"
Staff were very welcoming and helpful. Rooms were lovey and spacious. Hotel facilities were excellent.
"Nice room but turn down the Zumba music!"
I was on the way to North Wales for a meeting and stayed here the night before, after a long drive I just wanted to crash. I went to the bar and watched the end of the football match and had some dinner. Menu is well priced and lots of options. The room was clean & modern, didn't spend that long there so didn't use the leisure facilities but I did hear them! At around 6.30 i could hear pumping music from the gym (despite being told on check in that my room was a quiet one!). I got up and made my way to breakfast - good selection and good quality. Would stay again but bring ear plugs if you are above the gym!
1 night business trip Oct 9, 2014
Owen
"Excellent hotel, helpful with Gluten free diet."
I was very happy with our stay at The Village St. Davids. My husband requires a gluten free diet so I rang the hotel a couple of days before we arrived, and they were able to note that on our booking, and provide gluten free bread and advise on all the gluten free options in the breakfast, which was very helpful. The hotel itself was very nice and, while the room appeared freshly decorated, the bathroom was really showing signs of age, the grouting in the shower was somewhat stained and the reason was obvious when using the shower - there was no ventilation fan. Other than that very small gripe, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.
2 night family trip Oct 28, 2014
Stacey
"Generally good"
Hotel comfortable although tired on places. Had to wait an hour for meal which arrived cold but waitress was excellent on deli g with the issue.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
Andrea
"Relaxed with no problems"
Really nice and relaxed night away
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
"Excellent hotel for family stay in half term"
Needed a family room for me and my two daughters to stay near Chester for a short city break in half term. The hotel staff upgraded me to a family more room with 2 sofa beds and 2 double beds and excellent bathroom . The dinner in the verve restaurant eating before 7pm was excellent value (£50 for 3 of us having a 3 course dinner). Swimming pool and spa facilities were good quality and clean. Staff were friendly and helpful throughout our stay. Having a starbucks on site was also a bonus. Highly recommended.
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
JonnyMcG
"Lovely stay"
Hotel is nice, service very good. Only thing letting it down was the swimming pool changing rooms....must be being renovated so would have been useful to be warned when booking it.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
"Over priced and over tired."
I spent two nights here last weekend. The hotel looks nice but it's the finer details that lets it down dramatically. On my first night we had food at the hotel restaurant. £60 for a 3 course meal + one glass of wine each. I've got to say that the food was not what we expected. Very disappointing. No taste and the main was a big let down. The upper deck room was nice and looked inviting, until you looked closer. The main desk in the room was shabby due to the fact that the wood effect panelling was peeling off. More of a laugh was the fact that no sockets were available to plug your phone charger into over night near to the bed. They had been covered with metal covers as the wiring for the bed side lights were hard wired into the wall. I had to charge my phone next to the door entrance. The bed was extra king size, however the main cover which holds the two bases together didn't work and the bed had a gully in the middle where the two beds were drifting apart. Other annoyances such as you couldn't have breakfast in bed etc made the extra cost for the upper deck, some additional £40.00 not worth the extra money. I believe the spa is used by locals and this made the whole experience difficult. The facilities were over used in an already small capacity pool area. Plastic cups used for water were also floating in the pool. Not very hygienic in the least. It is a shame really, much of the hotel had promise, but it seemed like the upkeep of the rooms and cleanliness didn't matter anymore. For £180 for a two night stay for bnb for two people. I would not recommend. Too busy, too over used.
2 night trip Oct 17, 2014
P German
"poor"
the carpets are a mess.The food was very bad in the bar.And the breakfast was cold.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
helen
"Nice hotel, great stay."
The hotel itself was beautiful. The rooms were large, clean and nicely decorated. Was the pefect place for a short stay.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Elaine
Thoroughly enjoyed our two night break. We stayed in an Upper Deck room and was extremely satisfied with it. The hotel staff were excellent and the receptionist was great.
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
RJC1955
"Nice hotel, Breakfast staff were very good."
Good expedriance, staff involve in serving and preparing breakfast were very good.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Sam
More power point in rooms.
5 night business trip Sep 7, 2014
David Phillips
"Out of town so nice & quiet"
Nothing bad to say - only 1 night & we didn't spend much time in the hotel but the time we did spend was spot on
Other trip Sep 16, 2014
"Not Happy"
Our room on the upper deck was very dark with no natural light. The T.V did not work properly, this was reported to reception who failed to react, waited 3 hours and reported it again. A member of staff attended but only managed a partial success. Unable to get B.B.C and ITV was a square picture. Booked a table for dinner for 8 P.M when we arrived for the meal I was told the Carvery had already finished. I was not told on booking that the carvery finished before 8 P.M My wife and I were disappointed so we went to the local Pub/Restaurant for our meal. I found the dinning room dated and in need of refurbishment. The Bar area and staff were friendly and welcoming. It really is a shame as our first impression was very positive
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
ray
"Village hotel st David's"
Poor poor poor and poor again not worth the money !!!!!! Stay away !!!!
1 night romance trip Aug 30, 2014
"Clean, quiet,convenient with nice decor."
Location perfect for us with very pleasant and obliging staff. Price was excellent if staying 4 or more nights. Highly recommended!
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Gregorys
"Family loved this hotel"
I stayed overnight with my family. Comfy rooms, lovely soft beds, rooms were very clean and pristine, with all mod-cons. Good service. Food in the bar was okay, but the breakfast was fantastic. The WiFi in the room was really quick and useful. Would recommend this hotel.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2014
bod
Hotel had changed since I was there last but I am sorry to say not for the best. Me and my family had booked for are evening meal off the menu was told that the carvery stopped at 5.30 pm we booked for 7pm were showed to are seats over half the people in there were eating carvery. We also found the service atrocious plates left for 25 minutes after we had finished eating waitresses walking past and ignoring us my son's Childs meal portion was a disgrace
1 night trip Aug 24, 2014
mick
"Good hotel. Poor leisure facilities"
Lovely hotel - good, clean rooms and reataurant areas. Leisure facilities were poor and dated. Broken fixtures, dark and unclean.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2014
"Very Confortable"
Hotel has all the things you need for a relaxed stay. Only 10 minutes drive to the centre of chester and all the attraction (cheshire oaks,zoo etc). Has a great pub next door (the Hare)
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
"Superb!!"
Absolutely perfect stay we were here 2 nights after visiting family in Oldham on our way to a camping trip in wales. The room was amazing very comfy bed, breakfast was lovely I didn't have the cooked but it looked and smelt tasty. Staff were very friendly I again didn't use the spa,gym, or pool but would have loved to have had the time. The pub is a little asset great food brilliant staff I'd defiantly go again if we were in the area
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
carole
"It is ok."
We stayed one night before going to Snowdonia. I was hoping to swim and use gym facilities but there was no running machine in the gym and the pool is far too small. The staff is very helpful though. I think this hotel is meant to be for some conference or parties but it is still nice and clean.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
tomtom
"one of the best villages in the area."
pleasant suurroundings,nice staff and clean.Good leisure facilities.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
jim Donohue
"Not my kind of hotel"
I think the hotel/spa is most suitable for young people and families. We were disappointed that our room, even when upgraded at our expense to the top deck, did not have air conditioning and was still very basic. Our first room overlooking the courtyard proved too noisy at night, the helpfull staff arranged a different room which was better. Apart from a wardrobe there was no storage for our clothes so we kept what couldn't hang up in our suitcase. We were looking forward to using the pool and spa but it was very full of children - great if you have your own! But not the relaxing weekend we had planned! The room was clean and the staff very helpful, free wifi works very well but parts of the hotel are looking well worn and in need of upgrading It is also sited on a business park.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Liz
"Good overnight stay"
Ideal for a swim, sauna Nice bar area Average restaurant Great breakfast and well worth it.
1 night business trip Jul 19, 2014
"Fantastic service"
We enjoyed a relaxing 3 day break. The service was excellent. The room was spacious, comfortable and clean. Thought the bar tariffs were a little high.
3 night trip Jul 8, 2014
Bert
We enjoyed our stay as a couple. The room was nice, no aircon, as it was very warm, but a fan was supplied which was fine. We ate in the restaurant in the evening and had a good value meal. Breakfast was ok, if not outstanding, and the same could be said for the leisure facilities. But overall we had a really relaxing time. Would recommend, if in the area.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
Stevie
"Will be back"
Great place to stay, will be making a return in the very near future.
2 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2014
"Overall..... a perfect stay"
Does exactly what it says on the tin !!!!
1 night business trip Jul 11, 2014
"Really good hotel"
We had an excellent 2 night stay at this hotel. Rooms very comfy and despite there being a big event on we could not hear a thing. Breakfast was good and it was really good to have a carvery next door to the hotel as an additional eating place. Only down side was the room needed at least one ceiling light as the room was quite dark.
2 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"very busy with meetings and functions"
room ok not much storage, bed very good. fitness centre excellent, bar and lounge poor, bedroom quiet you need to be in rooms 300 plus
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"Fantastic service"
Staff were very friendly , service was good, bathroom needed major updating
2 night trip May 24, 2014