All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
1733 N St NW, Washington, DC, 20036, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Anniversary Date!"
Great!
Response by Topaz Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for your great rating from your visit. I am really happy that you enjoyed your anniversary so much with us.
1 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
Ann
"great"
It was a great experience at Topaz during thanksgiving break
Response by Topaz Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for your outstanding review of the Topaz. I am really happy to hear that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving break so much with us. We hope you will come see us again.
2 night trip with friends Nov 26, 2014
Han
"Street view"
Nice staff, great bar.... Beautiful room I had a blast and I was able to check in early as I requested......
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
Room was large and comfortable. Staff were helpful though there was sometimes a line and only one staff person at the main desk.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
Nina
"Best hotel in DC!"
This was the best hotel I've stayed in recent memory, and I travel almost every week. The rooms were HUGE and comfortable- I think this was the biggest room I've encountered, even in spacious places like Minnesota. I could really get work done at the full desk, the huge windows let in lots of natural light, and the bathroom and living room areas were large and comfortable. I loved the in-room yoga mat- beats having to rent a mat for a drop-in class. No gym on site, but you can get a day pass to the YMCA around the corner, better than any hotel gym would be. About a 5 minute walk from the Dupont Circle and Farragut North metro stops- easy access to DCA or Union Station. The service was excellent and the price was low- really can't say enough good things about this hotel!
Response by Topaz Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you so much for such an amazing review. I am so glad that you enjoyed yoru guest room so much as well as the little touches that we like to think make the Topaz great. I am really happy that you enjoyed the service so much and the location worked out so well for you. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night business trip Nov 20, 2014
"Comfortable, clean room, good location"
Nice room-- large and comfortable and clean. Good coffee/breakfast in the AM and wine in the early evening. Not much of a lobby, and from the street, you can hardly tell it is a hotel. Within easy walking distance of Dupont Circle and Connecticut Ave. I chose it because it had the lowest price for a room within walking distance of my meeting. It was comfortable and clean, which is what is most important to me.
Dad
"In town for a wedding"
Really great hotel. Very nice and exuberant staff, spacious room, excellent and very convenient location--an easy walk to the tourist sites and also to better restaurants and cafes.
Response by Topaz Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for your great review. I am really glad that you enjoyed the location and the team so much! We hope you will come see us again.
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
"Frequent DC visitor"
Great location near everything but on a nice quiet street - and right next door to the Tabard Inn (one of my DC faves)! Service is fantastic, staff is kind and attentive. Classic Kimpton experience with the funky decor, yoga mats, wine / cheese hour etc. Topaz is a winner!!
Response by Topaz Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for your great review of your stay. I am really glad that you enjoy the Topaz so much as well as the Kimpon experience. We hope to see you again soon.
3 night business trip Nov 2, 2014
"over night stay"
The hotel staff was great and the hotel was nice.
Response by Topaz Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for your great review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Please come see us again soon.
1 night romance trip Nov 2, 2014
Markisha
"xx"
Woke up to a fight in the street in front of the hotel one night, quite unexpected as it is mostly a residential neighborhood.
Response by Topaz Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
I feel terrible that the street noise woke you during your visit. As you noted, this is a very residential neighborhood so something like that is certainly out of the ordinary. I am glad that it appears that you enjoyed the rest of your visit.
3 night business trip Oct 27, 2014
First time staying there. Staff extremely friendly and customer service oriented. Room was spacious. Stay was for just one night. Will return!
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
Industry Shrink
"Cheap looking interior and rude housekeeping staff"
Had to wake up early because of the fuss Housekeeping was making along the corridors Some staff member was banging opening and closing the linen door which was right next to our room Another room service attendant knocked at our door at 9am to check if we needed anything or if he could check the minibar Not a very relaxing stay to say the least The interior of the room from the choice of wallpapers and curtains were just garish The tacky bath robe made the hotel seem like a place you would rent by the hour
Response by Topaz Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to see that you did not seem to enjoy your experience with us. Thank you for your feedback on the housekeeping and minibar staff. I will certainly discuss the timing of the service offerings with these teams.
1 night romance trip Oct 27, 2014
Doron
"Hidden Secret"
Great location in Washington DC for my conference. The "wine hour" was a nice bonus after a long day. Thought the staff was great - very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
"Staff did not care"
I arrived at the hotel around 11pm, and I was very tired. After check-in, I went to the room, the door was open, which is weird. Then I decided to take a shower, and found out the water was not hot enough. Then I called the front desk, and I was told there is no Engineer available until next morning. They could do nothing about it. I had to stay uncomfortable for whole night long. Hot water came back the next morning, I found out myself. No staff said anything about it, and I tried to complain about the issue. No one seems care about it. Very disappointed!
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Ben
"I was very pleased :)"
The hotel was an upgrade of an older hotel - that was the only reason I gave it 4 stars because it smelled (only on my floor) like an older building. Other than that - the location was great, the staff was amazing and the amenities were nice. I would definitely revisit. I went with my husband to celebrate our 1-year anniversary and Markus at the front desk wrote up the cutest note and left in our room with nibbles and champagne. It was unbelievably sweet :)
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Perfect location for a DC visit"
If you are looking for a quaint, reasonably priced hotel that has an excellent staff and beautiful rooms close to the DuPont Circle District of DC the Topaz Hotel is the one. The staff could not have been nicer, and the room was beautifully furnished and in excellent condition.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Rob
"Happy family"
We stayed at this hotel for two nights to enjoy D.C. as we moved our family to a new home due to job relocation. We were traveling with our two year old and 2 large dogs. The hotel staff was very accommodating and surprised our little girl and dogs with goodie bags, which all 3 enjoyed. We felt it was a nice personal touch in addition to the fantastic service we received. It was within walking distance to many of the popular tourist attractions, dining, and train system. The only drawback is because of the location you must use their valet service which you are charged for at the end of the stay, which we were not aware of until we arrived/departed.
Response by Topaz Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for your great review of your stay at the Topaz. I am so happy to hear how much you enjoyed everything and how well the team took care of your young one and pets. I am also really happy that the location worked out so well for you. We hope you will come and see us again soon!
2 night family trip Sep 24, 2014
"Quiet and comfortable while close to everything"
We were very pleased with our stay at the Topaz. All of the staff were friendly and accommodating. Ritchie, Daniel and Ahmed were especially outstanding. The rooms were comfortable and clean. It is near DuPont Circle so there is plenty to do besides the typical sightseeing and its on a little side street so there is little to no street noise. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that likes a smaller place to stay without all the big hotel noise and crowded confusion!
Response by Topaz Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for your amazing review of your stay at the Topaz. I am so happy to read that you had such a nice time and that the team took such great care of you. We hope you will come back and see us again!
3 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Scott Shaw
"Nice, friendly hotel, elevators showing their age"
I like Kimpton hotels. The Topaz is nice but not as updated as the others I've stayed at. Comfortable room, friendly staff, quiet neighborhood with great restaurants nearby. The elevators could use a facelift.
Response by Topaz Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. We are actually updating our elevators in the coming months as we agree, they are showing a great deal of wear and tear. We hope you will come and see us again soon!
1 night business trip Sep 30, 2014
"We had room 707. King bed."
The room was a nice size, very roomy! Great view. It was bright. Looked just like the pictures. The bathroom was small. The tub was clean but the shower area needed a facelift. They offered free tolitries and items you may forget. The down fall of the room was that it was directly across from the elevator!!! You're bound to hear other hotel guests as they wait for the elevator. And let's be real. If you're on the noisey side, you too may be heard! Lol The bar area was small but had a trendy feel. On Friday eves. They have a two piece jazz performance. I liked the location. I could walk easily to the event place I was there in town for. Cool restaurant across the street. Iron Gate. Lovely garden in the back. Romantic setting. Bkfast was ok. Id go back to try dinner next time. Valet parking is a rip off! $45.00 a night at the hotel. We paid the meter across the street. We signed up for the app to pay it with our phone @$2.00 an hour. We stayed for just one night. I'd stay there again. The hotel next door had $10.00 parking. Hummmm
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
"What a dump!"
This hotel appears not to have been updated in twenty years. Claustrophobia inducing, dark commons areas showers that change temperature without warning, banged up elevators. That said the beds were comfortable and the staff reasonably accommodating. I stayed here during a high demand week in DC and was charged $400 a night for a room I would have walked away from college spring break at $99 a night.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
Seth
"Not the best bnut room was comfortable"
The hotel was expensive, almost $400 per night, and old. It's undergone some renovation, but not completely. The room was fine, clean and comfortable and the staff polite and professional. The neighborhood was fine.
Response by Topaz Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for your great review of your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit.
1 night trip Sep 15, 2014
Will
"Child friendly boutique hotel in DuPont Circle"
We enjoyed our stay. The rooms were comfortable and we had no complaints. The location is great in close proximity to a variety of things. You can walk to the Smithsonian and zoo but it's a long walk. Great restaurant next store and across the street. Not a full service hotel and you only got breakfast if you booked through the hotel , we did not and booked through expedia. Wifi was free only if you signed up for the loyalty program. We missed not having a gym but took advantage of the yoga mats. The free wine cocktail hour was a nice perk. The front desk was helpful and had treats for the baby. It is dog friendly . Parking is valet only but there is free street parking on Sunday
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Downtown DC"
Pleasing but small hotel. Renovating. Not a fan of the bowl sinks. Splashes all over. Elevator needs work. Door wouldn't hold open and wheelchair stuck several times. Breakfast disappointing. Not bad but not much.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
susan
"Great, quirky hotel in an excellent location"
The location of the hotel was fantastic. It was on a side street that isn't terribly busy, but right in the thick of the action. It's only a short walk over to all the attractions around DuPont Circle. I couldn't imagine a better neighborhood to stay in as a young couple interested in going out and enjoying the city. The room was spacious and homey--more than once I referred to it as my apartment on accident. We had a little problem with the shower faucet coming loose, but a maintenance man was there in 15 minutes to resolve the issue. Front desk staff was always friendly and the complimentary wine hour was a nice touch. All in all, an excellent value that I'll gladly do again if I find myself returning to DC.
Response by Topaz Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for your outstanding review of your recent stay at the Topaz. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the location so much and that the staff were so accommodating. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Justin
"Trendy hotel downtown DC"
This hotel is pet friendly, however darks were barking at all hours of the night so my family didn't sleep well. In addition, the hotel was out of hot water by 8pm so our showers were not long ones, obviously. It was clean and the decor was trendy but it is also hard to find. Would not stay again.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"A sad stay."
We were greeted when we got in around 12:30am or so, and it was a pleasant welcome. Everything was so scripted and unethused. The hotel and rooms were so outdated even though it was trendy like decor...it was like someone tried to make a motel really nice. Bathroom was teeny and there was no hot water while I showered the first night. Overall experience was absolutely disappointing. We decided to change hotels midstay and Amanda (different front desk personnel) was actually very accomodating so this review does not reflect this particular employee.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Good location, decent value, mediocre appearance"
Hotel is in a great location central to monuments, DuPont circle, bars, and nightlife. Parking is expensive, but that's pretty typical for anywhere in DC. I was excited about staying at a boutique hotel, but wasn't really impressed by this one. I would describe it as "lipstick on a pig". The furnishings and decor were creative and tasteful, but the bones of the building (construction, paint, elevators, plumbing) were in poorer condition than I would have expected. It looked like they thought some wallpaper and a whole lot of white paint would mask the underlying construction flaws, but it really didn't. The room itself had plenty of space, which was nice. The bathroom was a bit small, but there was an adjacent dressing area that helped compensate for it (though that area had terrible lighting for doing hair/makeup.) Bottom line: If you're just looking for a decent place to sleep in a central location, this is a great choice. If you're picky about the appearance of your hotel/rooms and like expansive lobbies with large elevator banks, then you may want to stay elsewhere.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
Tesla
"Don't stay in room 211!"
I traveled with my dog and was placed in room 211. The air conditioning vent or some sort of fan system outside the room kept me up all night long. I didn't notice it until I was in bed with the lights out and it was too late to switch rooms. It's a shame because the hotel is lovely and the staff was generally friendly. But when, as I was checking out, I complained about the noise in my room, I was told a manager would contact me. It has been almost one week and I haven't heard from anyone.
Response by Topaz Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Ms. Smith, I am terribly sorry for the inconveniences that you experienced during your visit in your guest room. Please accept my apologies. We hope you will come give us another chance on your next visit.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
"Just Perfect for our trip!"
This hotel exceeded my expectations completely. Friendly welcome from great staff, nice accommodation and great location! My family and I also loved the free wine hour at 5 o'clock! I would definitively recommend this hotel!
Response by Topaz Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you so much for your amazing review of your stay at the Topaz! I am so happy that you enjoyed everything so much. We can't wait to have you back with us!
3 night family trip Aug 5, 2014
Kate
"Comfortable Stay. Awesome Staff."
Topaz, an older boutique hotel, is a pleasant place with fine character. Rooms are comfortable and quiet. More importantly, Topaz has great service; their staff is friendly and accommodating, always willing to help you get what you need. I'll be happy to return there during my next stay in D.C.
Response by Topaz Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for your great review of your stay at the Topaz! I am really happy to hear how much you enjoyed your guest room and how well the team took care of you. We hope to see you again!
3 night family trip Aug 3, 2014
Jerry
"Great Stay! Great Location!"
This cute hotel is on a quiet neighborhood side street. Perfect location to easily get to Metro, restaurants and highlights. Staff was excellent! Older building but rooms were nice and large for DC. We will definitely stay here again. Side note: we had our kids with us and we happened to arrive to the hotel during the wine social hour. They greeted us with a glass of wine and They sent our kids to pick the soda of their choice! bartender made them feel extra special by making them a Shirley temple. They loved it! When we got to the room there was plenty of space for all of us with a little side alcove type bed/sofa that they set their electronics up in and their were happy in their little hideout.
Response by Topaz Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for your great review of your stay at the Topaz! I am so happy that the location worked out so well for you and your kids enjoyed their time with us as well. We hope you will all come see us again!
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
B
"Awesome experience"
Loved every second. Wanted to stay another night but they were booked solid!
Response by Topaz Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for your amazing review of your recent stay at the Topaz! I am so happy that you enjoyed everything so much. We hope you will come see us again!
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Smith
"A Must"
This was my second stay at the Topaz and certainly won't be the last. Staff all make you feel welcome and special.
Response by Topaz Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for your amazing review of your recent stay at the Topaz. I am so happy to read how much you enjoyed everything. We hope you will come see us again soon.
2 night trip Jul 27, 2014
Carlotta
I stopped in on an overnight business trip. It was great having a a little bar/restaurant right on site and I was pleased at the generous size and layout of the room. There was plenty of room to work and a nice seating area to have early discussion with colleagues. Staff was helpful with directions, thogh less so when asked to call a cab. The morning coffee was really good and teh breakfast offered was reasonably priced.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
The hotel is in a fantastic location. Lots of stuff to do. Nicely decorated and comfortable, clean room. Only downside to our stay was loud private party in the bar (but we were in high floor so it didn't affect quietness in our room) and someone pulled the fire alarm at 1am. The hotel staff was very kind and credited us the parking due to the wake up though!
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
RZ
Hotels.com allowed me to book a room with 2 queen beds, but when I got there, they had no rooms available with 2 queen beds, only 1 queen bed and a cot. Aside from that, it was a good experience. They comped us with some free drinks and breakfast.
Response by Topaz Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for your review. I am glad that the staff responded so well and took such good care of you. We hope you will come see us again.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"Great Location and Staff"
Perfect hotel without breaking the bank!! Neighborhood is lively and close to sites and night life. The staff is exceptional. We had issues with hotel.com reservation (hotel.com didn't confirm our reservation with hotel) but staff was patient, friendly and helpful. common areas a bit worn but you can't expect perfection at the great rates they have. good happy hour and bar atmosphere. Very spacious hotel room. we will likely stay here again on our next visit to DC.
Response by Topaz Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for your outstanding review of your recent stay with us. I am really happy that you enjoyed the staff and property during your visit and found us to be such a good value. We hope you will come see us again.
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2014
C&N
"Great Hotel with Great Staff"
The Topaz Hotel is a great choice if you're looking to explore D.C. It's located near Dupont Circle which hosts a bunch of shops, restaurants, and bars. It's also close to the Metro which allows you to get around town quickly and at a low cost. The staff was very helpful in recommending places to eat and the best routes to get to our destinations. Be sure to stop by the bar in the evening for the FREE wine hour. It's a nice added touch to an already great hotel.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Decent "Boutique" hotel but need some improvements"
Last minute decision to stay at Topaz. I was pleased with Monaco in Baltimore (same Kimpton hotel chain) and I was pretty sure it will be at least decent. And that's exactly what I got. Just decent. The location: Good. Near lots of activities. National mall only short drive away. There are plenty of street parking and no need to use expensive valet service ($43). The room: OK. Modern / posh decor. Bath tub was clogged. There was only 1 bath robe. The facility: need some update. Dirty old elevators with one out of order. The Staff: Needs huge improvements. Front desk lady gave me a weird vibe that she was not listening to me at all, mainly due to lack of "confirmation" signal like "Yes" "I'm sorry to hear that" etc. I told her about clogged bath tab and she didn't even say that she is sorry. She just said "I will send a repair man". Also there were no doormen nor bellhops. Employees were gathering around and chit-chatting when we arrived and didn't recognize us. The Verdict: Just OK. It's cheap. You get what you paid for.
Frugalist
"Funky little hotel not too far from the Mall."
I never stayed at the hotel before, but was in town with my girlfriend for 4 nights. The hotel was not walking distance to the National Mall, but was in a nice little neighborhood type place which gave it a pseudo-boutique feel to the place. It was a 2 mile cab ride to the Smithsonian. It was a short walking distance to plenty of restaurants and bars to satisfy our day and night cravings. My girlfriend repeatedly stated that the hotel would be a repeat hotel for her and we were able to wrangle a good price for our stay (although the rate for daily valet parking was pretty expensive).
Keith
"Nice Hotel, but old and needs updating"
Nice service, the free wine hour is a bonus.But, I have stayed at other Kimpton hotels that were more updated. The air conditioner in the room was barely working.
Response by Topaz Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for your review of your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed the team and the wine hour. We will certainly take a look at the air conditioning here on property and where we can improve it.
3 night trip Jun 29, 2014
"Great location great staff"
New to DC for a job but glad I get to stay here each week. Wonderful hotel and great staff.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
Morgan
"A solid place"
Great location, incredibly courteous and attentive staff. Room could use a bit of an upgrade. A/C couldn't keep up so the room was pretty warm and stuffy all day and all night (granted the high temperature that day was in the upper 90s). Overall a pretty solid choice.
Response by Topaz Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Topaz. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay overall and I am really sorry to hear about the temperature in your room. We will look at how we can improve this.
1 night trip Jun 30, 2014
JM
"Gorgeous Hotel, Great Location"
The Topaz Hotel in DC impressed me like no other hotel has for a quick weekend getaway. Extremely friendly staff! But what is most amazing is the room! We stayed on the 10th floor in a Deluxe King room and it was superb. It was an incredible view with windows stretching the whole length of the room. We had a gorgeous view of the ornate dome of St. Matthews Cathedral. The room also had a living room area with sofa, coffee table,etc. Modern beautiful decor of white and purple/blue. There was also a small den tucked away in a corner alcove with a desk for my boyfriend to get on his business calls. And for me, there was a separate room with a vanity table, cushion seat, vanity mirror, and full length mirror for me to do my makeup and get ready. And the bathroom had modern sink and the tub had a curved curtain to give you more elbow room. Free-WiFi when you sign up for their free loyalty program. My only complaint is that the flat screen TV in the room was not in HD. Parking in the area might be tricky. We lucked out and found street parking in front of the hotel ... $2 for every 2 hours until 6:30pm M-F. There are three garages nearby too but check the policies of the garages before you park! Great location. Restaurants/bars all in walking distance. The hotel's lounge downstairs is extremely classy with free wine happy hour every night from 5-7 for guests and a live jazz band that plays every Friday night. I loved it. We didn't want to leave. Thank you, Topaz!!
Response by Topaz Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you so much for your amazing review of your recent stay at the Topaz. I am so happy to see how much you enjoyed everything. I am excited to see how much you enjoyed your room and the view and location. I am also happy that you were able to enjoy the Topaz Bar and the live music. We hope you will come see us again soon!
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2014
Mnt3
"It was ok!"
Not sure about room decor, slightly creepy. The curtain on the wardrobe was weird. Otherwise the place was fine. Service was great!
Response by Topaz Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for your review of your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed and found the service to be so great. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
"Recent Stay"
In DC for conference. Moved to Topaz for portion of trip I was paying for. The room was half the price but with much friendlier staff. Loved the free cocktail hour. Ordered food on 3 occasions - excellent each time and very affordable. The night before an earlier flight they call me and arranged for a private car to the airport at same price as a cab. Sorta funky decor but a great hotel with great staff.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
"Very Helpful Staff"
Enjoyed my stay and will stay here again when I am in DC. Service was top notch and staff very friendly and helpful.
Response by Topaz Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you so much for your great review of your stay at the Topaz. I am so happy that you had such a great experience and the team took such good care of you.
1 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2014
"Perfect little hotel"
Wish it could have been longer. For me it was perfect spot, with great staff
Response by Topaz Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for your oustanding review of your stay at the Topaz Hotel. We look foward to having you with us again! I am really delighted that you enjoyed your time with us so much.
1 night business trip Jun 6, 2014
Sandra
"Great Price for the Location"
Very nice hotel. Beautiful rooms. Good price, especially considering the location.
Response by Topaz Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks for your outstanding review of your stay at the Topaz. I am really happy to see how much you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night business trip May 2, 2014