All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom

• Bar and Beverages
    Bar is awesome
  • Value for money
    Poor value for money
Unique and beautiful hotel. We loved: -The hotel design - Newly refurbished rooms - Super water pressure in the shower - The super friendly staff - Great location - all of central London is in walking distance, especially to Theatre land and main landmarks. No fuss late checkout! Can't wait to go back again! :-))) The only negative is that the breakfast is grossly overpriced. Excellent but overpriced.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"Theater location"
Central location. easy access to the city. Good location if you're planning on attending the theater, however, very noisy on the weekends. Noise outside my window until 3am Saturday night. Would not stay here again unless my trip was focused on multiple theater events.
2 night trip Nov 28, 2014
Excellent at everything. Restaurant food is a must. In the center of all the activities. Really like their association with the Gym next door.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"Overall great experience."
Great location; within short walking distance to the tube, restaurants, attractions, and pubs. Clean hotel with excellent customer service at the front desk, bellmen, and room services. Good service at the restaurant and bar (nothing different than most places). Rooms were very clean and manageable for a couple.
6 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
"Business with a bit of pleasure"
Its a lovely hotel in a great location - if not overrun by your not-so-desirables of Leicester Sq by night. That it's so close to the very cool Long Acre and Covent garden is a big plus, and transport/tourist libks are excellent too. I've had better customer service, but the staff mean well. I'd stay again but it wouldn't necessarily be my go-to place.
3 night business trip Oct 27, 2014
Mohammed
"Condescending Staff"
I booked this hotel for a weekend while I was in London for work and had my mom who was already in Europe stay with me. We loved the contemporary decor, the comfort of the bed which I nicknamed 'my cloud' and the location is perfect. However, the service was lousy. I arrived after work on a Friday (past 6pm) and was told my room wasn't ready and that I should go make myself comfortable 'over there'. Meanwhile, I watched as other guests who arrived both before and after me checked into their rooms. After 20 minutes, I was called over and notified that my room was ready. The front desk apologized for the delay and gave me a drink voucher at the hotel restaurant. My mom and I agreed to use the drink voucher for coffee the next morning since she doesn't drink. However, when we did it became a big to-do! Our waitress, the restaurant hostess and front desk all became involved in deciphering whether this voucher was valid and took about 30 minutes to sort out. When we left later that afternoon, even our bellman who helped us hail a taxi said to us 'make sure you count your bags because we don't need any further drama at our hotel'. That comment and the way the staff had to sort through our drink voucher ruined our experience.
2 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
Sara
"London favorite"
Favorite hotel in London. Unbeatable location in heart of West End. Impeccable staff. Stylish rooms.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
"BEST HOTEL EXPERIENCE IN YEARS"
Decor is modern, classy. Rooms are minimalist but comfortable. Location is the best in Central London. Close to everything. Edgy, hip, bar and restaurant. lots of LGBT folks. Super cool. Can't say enough great things about this property.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Perfect in every way!"
Very well located for theater and shopping. Beautiful, modern and very comfortable. We had five large suitcases from a long cruise - I was afraid room would be very cramped, but hardly noticed the luggage in a very nice space. Service was impeccable and all staff were so willing to help. Will definitely revisit on next trip to London.
3 night trip Jul 12, 2014
Robert Duckman
"Wonderful stay"
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at St Martin's Lane Hotel. We were kindly upgraded to a recently refurbished room. The location is excellent and all the staff were very friendly. Our group enjoyed late evenings at the bar. The only complaint would be the street noise in the room. Otherwise, a wonderful stay.
3 night business trip May 5, 2014
Hotel ideally located for National Museum, Theater District, Westminster Abbey, Parliament, shopping. Decor is modern. Room layout is exceptionally well thought out! Many exceptional touches; mood lighting, dimmer dial for bathroom light, big fluffy comforter, lighting control from bed side, adapters for those who forget. Staff enthusiastic, upbeat, attentive but unobtrusive. Excellent stay!
Other trip May 8, 2014
"Super small but extremely clean"
The reviews are correct, the rooms are very small. The "cool" lighting is a joke as well as the size of the desk. I am shock at how clean the room was, I've never stayed at a hotel that had such a clean room. The other shocker was how quick the internet is, amazingly fast and reliable. The bed wasn't that comfortable, probably due to old mattresses.
1 night business trip May 3, 2014
Malcolm
Great location but rooms are small.
4 night business trip Apr 28, 2014
Great location / great customer service / great hotel .. Two thumbs up!
4 night business trip Apr 18, 2014
"Hip with Classic Service"
Perfectly located for theatre-goers and artsy business men. Young, professional clientele and super friendly and helpful staff. A special shoutout to Fabrizio at the front office, always smiling! The restaurant has an amazing vibe and luscious delicacies. The rooms come equipped with a flattering light-control system, always a plus. Exceptionally clean, exceptional stay.
2 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2014
"Amazing"
Amazing room, can't wait to go back!!
1 night romance trip Mar 5, 2014
Second time I've been there. Just great. Staff is amazing and location is perfect.
4 night trip with friends Feb 9, 2014
Harvey
Awesome location!
3 night trip Jan 11, 2014
"Fine alternative to the W as a contemporary hotel"
The staff was friendly and helpful with restaurant recommendations and directions. Despite the hotel's close proximity to Covent Garden, Leicester Square, and Trafalgar Square, its street address was lightly impacted by foot traffic - a plus. The hotel was about 60 yards from the Leicester square station on the Piccadily Line - direct from Heathrow airport. That saves money on taxis. Room was consistently cleaned. Only problems were minor: there was some difficulty in opening the door to get OUT. And the bathroom had glass drinking vessals, which I thought was needlessly hazardous.
4 night trip Dec 26, 2013
Louis K
"Great hotel close to theaters and nightlife"
We had a quick stay in London but loved the location of this hotel. It was modern and clean and we had a nice experience there.
Other trip Nov 17, 2013
Liz
"my anniversary trip to London"
My husband and I stayed at this hotel for our 30th wedding anniversary. After London, we travelled to Paris. This hotel was the best. The bed was very comfortable and room was very clean. The staff including the concierge was very helpful and made all of our dinner reservations for us along with their restaurant suggestions which were perfect. We also purchased tickets for events around London including tickets to WICKED which was an awesome show. We did not get to eat at the hotel restaurant but only heard great things about it. The bar was open until 3 a.m. and we went there alot at night after going out around the city. The atmosphere there was very comfortable, drinks and food were the best. Everyone who worked in the lounge was friendly. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.
4 night romance trip Oct 5, 2013
Sandy
"Very good location"
I loved the design, i loved the attention, specially from the concierge, Joey. The location is excellent.
Other trip Sep 22, 2013
"If you love contemporary, you'll love this hotel."
On a whim we decided to look for a contemporary hotel in London. St. Martin's Lane got very high ratings from previous guests, so we gave it a try. This hotel is beautiful and elegant in a very contemporary way and the staff was fantastic. The shower was excellent, the bed was comfortable, and the room was very sparse and white. Everything was white. The lobby and room were very minimalist, yet interesting. When I say "minimalist", I mean that there were no dressers or nightstands. There were shelves near the sink and a small closet area for clothes. If that's okay with you, I highly recommend this hotel. There was a shelf behind the headboard, but I really missed my nightstand.
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
"st martins lane review"
it is aging badly. flush system for toilets is noisy.
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
"Trendy hotel in the theater district"
This has been the fourth time we've stayed at St Martins Lane. It is our favorite London hotel so far. The drinks in the bars are exciting and creative, though a bit pricey. The room service is incredible for a decent price. We also love that you get a membership to the gym (Gym Box) next door for the length of the stay.
Other trip Sep 6, 2013
E & L
"Great ambiance and staff"
Came here for 2 night stay from the States with my husband. Loved the hotel and perfect neighborhood - had a wonderful time!
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
"Small but comfortable room. Loved decor, layout."
Friendly and helpful staff. Concierge was wonderful. But really everyone was nice and eager to assist with anything.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"Nice, but better priced comparable alternatives"
It was okay, just nothing special. I've done Club Quarters Tralfagar, which is about on par in terms of quality, for much less money.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2013
"Fantastic location"
I stayed two nights at the St Martins Lane hotel and enjoyed my time there. The hotel is in a fantastic location, just a quick walk to Covent Garden and Leicester Square. The room was small, but nice and well worth the price. My television did not work the first day, but maintenance fixed it. It did not work again the second day, and I was given a new room and a bottle of wine for the trouble. The hotel handled that quite well. You get a free pass to the gym next door, but unfortunately the gym has very short hours. Overall, had a great stay and would definitely recommend it to friends.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
Griffin
"Great Property Has Gone Downhill"
St. Martin's Lane is in an awesome location, a chic design and great service. However, the hotel is not able to overcome the fact that it is in serious need of refurbishment. The second floor hall had an awful smell. The carpet in the corridors is dirty, peeling from the edges and in need of replacement. Mattresses are uncomfortable and the rooms are showing their years of wear and tear. I would love to come back, but for a £300+ per night hotel, this is unacceptable.
1 night trip Jul 16, 2013
"Chic hotel with great restaurant"
Hotel staff was friendly and extremely accommodating. Definitely check out the restaurant while you're there. I've been there twice and have had a great experience both times.
Other trip Jul 4, 2013
may
"Great hotel in perfect location-central to all"
Really comfortable hotel-very boutique and hip. I asked for location on a high floor, quiet room, and that is what I got, without having to beg. The service here was exceptional. The concierge was over the top by booking the time we wanted to eat at Asia de Cuba restaurant, and sending us complimentary champagne. And the restaurant was packed, so that was not easy. The front desk was always friendly and helpful. We have stayed at several other Morgan hotels (NYC and LA) and this hotel did not disappoint. I would stay here again for sure.
Other trip Jun 11, 2013
CS
Just returned from a 6 day stay in this fabulous hotel in London This is a great 5 star hotel. The best location in London West End district. Clean,quite and very comfortable. Courteous staff. Great restaurant. Highly recommended. I plan to stay in this hotel in my next trip to London.
6 night trip May 31, 2013
"The room was just too small."
The hotel was very clean and in a great location, but the room was just too small to even turn around in.
Other trip May 10, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

only hotel we've stayed where we were given a free downgrade, yes that's correct.
4 night romance trip Mar 17, 2016
Ronald
A regular trip to London for a weekend decided to choose SML having previously dined at Asia Di cuba. Thoroughly first class hotel excellent room size in west end, real good value and good for theatre and all sights. Only disappointing thing was no doorman to help with bags when we arrived poor for a 5 star, other than that would certainly visit again.
2 night romance trip Feb 19, 2016
"Location and comfort."
Very nice hotel in a great location for theatre, museums and art galleries, and sight-seeing. Also lots and lots of nice restaurants all around the hotel. The room was very comfortable with excellent beds, and the infinitely configurable LED lighting system kept our 6 year old girl amused for ages.
2 night trip with friends Feb 19, 2016
Matthew
"Cool hotel, great location"
Very cool hotel in the centre of the West End. Great staff. Rooms were not noisy as you would expect. The best location for somewhere to stay after a night out.
1 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2016
Catherine
Great hotel
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2016
Rolan
Staff where very friendly asked to stay an extra hour which was no problem and no extra charge which was very surprising!
1 night romance trip Jan 30, 2016
Darren
"Brilliant service and excellent location"
Great service but ask for high floor as 1st floor noise from bar and kitchens. Excellent position close to Trafalger Sq and Covent Garden is less than 15 mins. Near all west end shows with Noel Coward Theatre opposite and the Garrivk around the corner
2 night romance trip Jan 29, 2016
Jan
"It's a secret well worth finding."
Once you found the hotel,it was suposed to a secret and it was,the establishment was superb . Good front of house where nothing was impossible . Will return.
1 night romance trip Jan 25, 2016
Roger
"5 Star Business"
One night stay, service was excellent the good in the Den was really good so too the service ; only issue was the wifi !
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2016
Sean
"Best location to stay in London"
Amazing location! Amazing staff! A must in London
2 night family trip Jan 1, 2016
Mele
"Awesome Central London Hotel"
Beautiful hotel central to everything, attentive staff, couldn't ask for more. Stayed 5 nights and it was perfect.
5 night romance trip Dec 30, 2015
Grant
"Great to be back"
Very central, modern stylish hotel. Rooms are small but well thought out. Very quiet room despite central location
2 night romance trip Dec 18, 2015
"Stylish, modern and comfortable with a useful bar"
Paying this money we expected high quality, and we got it - décor 'minimalist' but interesting, everything up to date and working, very pleasant, numerous and well trained staff. The (cocktail?) bar is large and lively at night, just the sort of place we would try to find outside a hotel in fact. Great location, of course, just round the corner is Le Garrick restaurant...
1 night romance trip Dec 11, 2015
Ray
"Chimps in Town"
We stayed for one night combining family get together and a visit to Ronnie Scott's. We dined on arrival at the Asia da Cuba hotel restaurant for Sunday launch and the food was of a good standard. This was marred overall when the service that started very well deteriorated suddenly when the staff had a shift change midway through lunch! Room was clean and comfortable and the hotel was happy to hold our bags till late on Monday evening. Reception and concierge were excellent and we'd be happy to stay again in this hotel and location.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2015
"Theatre Land Location"
Achingly modern hotel. Everything about it was brilliant. Fabulous location for Soho, Chinatown, Covent Garden, National Gallery and much more. Charing Cross and Leicester Square tube stations a only a few minutes away. Very enjoyable stay, great night's sleep and would stay there again.
1 night family trip Oct 28, 2015
Wendy
Lovely stay and room was very spacious and location could not have been better
1 night romance trip Oct 27, 2015