All hotels in Rome, Italy
Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II 105, Rome, RM, 00185, Italy, ‏‎800-491-6126

The hotel was very close to the metro line but the area was a little rundown and lacking good places to eat. We only found one place close to eat. The hotels evening dining was pretty poor.
3 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
"Food service at the hotel is not great."
The breakfast service (and dinner) is about what you'd expect from BestWestern - not much choice. Fortunately, there are many great restaurants in the neighbor at reasonable price.
5 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
Seungchan
The positive reviews about Hotel Napoleon are accurate. This is a lovely property with an outstanding staff. They were exceptionally attentive and helpful as we planned our days seeing Rome for the first time. The metro stop at the front door is a bonus. Breakfast was excellent, and the rooms were comfortable.
3 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
The best part of this stay was the outstanding service provided by Roberto. He greeted us warmly when we arrived... helped us locate the return site for our rental car...made a host of arrangements for us and generally simple made us feel at home. The hotel itself was very accommodating and was located within reasonable walking distance of the Colosseum, St. Peter in Chains and various other sites. It was an easy metro ride to Vatican City. We enjoyed one meal in the restaurant and it was quite nice.
4 night romance trip Jun 25, 2015
Ronald
"Great Value - excellent service"
Liked it's proximity to Ancient Rome area. Was priced reasonably and the concierge's Roberto and Franco were outstanding in helping us
3 night romance trip Jun 23, 2015
Hotel staff was excellent one of the best. Well located.
1 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
Fausto
The hotel was great. I actually arrived at 8 AM on a Saturday morning. The room happened to be ready. Further, they treated me to the free breakfast even thought I was not supposed to be there yet. If the hotel had been more full, this would not have been possible. But still, they did not have to give me the free breakfast. The room was quite comfortable. The hotel is also in a great location. It is only a 15 minute walk from Roma Termini. Further, it is not a bad walk down (25 minutes maybe) to the colosseum and forum area. This worked well. There are also plenty of interesting restaurants nearby. It was a great stay.
2 night business trip Jun 20, 2015
Alexander
"Mediocre at best"
I don't know why this hotel ranks well. Maybe my room was an abberation, but it was very dirty. In fact, I had horrible allergies after one night of sleeping there from all the dust. My carpets were old and faded, there was peeling paint, the furniture is old, the bedspread is gross. I would have checked right out when I walked in, but I was only there for a few hours, it was raining and I was so tired. That being said, the front desk is super helpful and kind. They were also very, very gracious when I complained and offered me a nice discount with no hesitation. I skipped the breakfast as I just wanted to get out so I am not sure how service or food is in the dining area.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2015
Nice hotel in center of town. Hotel felt a little dated and neighborhood not the greatest
2 night romance trip Jun 17, 2015
Kenneth
"Good place to stay."
Great location to metro or hop-on hop-off stops. 10 minute walk to Coloseum. Room small, shower even smaller
3 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
"near subway, friendly staff, comfortable room"
The hotel is near subway, walking distance to Colosseum. friendly staff, comfortable room. The only downside is the neighborhood is not the greatest, I would not dare walk around there at night.
4 night trip May 23, 2015
"convenicen location"
convenience location, shower area was little small, but over all was ok.
2 night family trip May 22, 2015
"Wonderful stay in Rome"
The staff were outstanding.Great value for the price paid.Close to many attractions and within walking distance to Termini Station. Very comfortable room and the breakfast buffet had a great selection.The staff went beyond expectations to make our comfortable. From Concierge to maintenance staff made us feel at home.Will most definitely recommend Napoleon Hotel to anyone coming to Rome.Don't be swayed be the neighborhood. The hotel is great.
9 night trip with friends May 14, 2015
Calsel A.
Very easy access from city square. Nice rooms. Very friendly staff.
2 night family trip May 7, 2015
Mashukur
"Cozy place in a busy area."
This obviously old hotel is located in front of a beautiful park with a Roman ruin. There are many fine restaurants all around it. It is part of a large building, and is located within a kilometer from Colosseum. The staff is cordial and helpful. The lobby is small, but a few steps up there is a large sitting area with newspapers. There is a bar with a coffee/snack place. The room is small but very clean and adequate. The bathroom is very clean and well-maintained. The breakfast was ample and with a variety of breads, croissants, fruits, juices, eggs, etc. The staff of the restaurant were very cordial. I prefer to stay in hotels such as this to five star hotels, which are impersonal. I would certainly stay here when I return to Rome. By the way, this is a family owned hotel and the owners threw all of us a cheese, wine and sandwich party on Friday and mingled with us. Unusual for a hotel.
4 night romance trip Apr 8, 2015
Prabhakar S
"Lovely hotel... molto bene."
My trip to Italy started in Parma and ended in Rome. I plan on returning to Rome, and I will want to stay at this same hotel. The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating, the room had plenty of space and even had a walk-on balcony, which I didn't expect. Nice size bathroom (although a small shower) and very clean. The hotel is right in the middle of a very busy street with plenty of restaurants, shops, and is across the street from a park. It's only a 6-minute taxi ride to Roma Termini or a 15-20 minute walk. Excellent service...you get what you pay for.
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
marc
Staff very helpful, specially Roberto. Breakfast was good.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
"Napoleon Hotel Review - April 4 & 5, 2015"
I can't speak highly enough of this hotel and its staff. Our room was spacious and well decorated. It was an amazing place to stay.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Sheri
"Great location, amenities and staff"
Good hotel in a great location. Subway station is just outside the hotel, so easy to commute anywhere. Friendly staff, great room and very good breakfast.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
R
Front desk very helpful with advice / directions on local attractions and restaurants, use of metro and calling taxi, etc.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
Diana
"March 2015 Rome"
Very nice hotel - Staff was AAAA++++ in every way - We will recommend this hotel to our friends and will stay with them again the next time we are on Rome.
2 night romance trip Mar 5, 2015
Excellent quiet room, although no view from the window (onto a small internal courtyard). The quality of the meals was excellent and the staff friendly and helpful. We would certainly recommend the Napoleon Hotel for a stay in Rome.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
"Unbelievably Charming"
Bit difficult to get to, but well worth the trip . . . especially if you don't want a cookie cutter hotel. Entire staff has old world charm and professionalism. Room was very comfortable and spacious. Met the owner and we were invited to his family party (entertainment, dinner, wine). What a memorable time (even thou we don't speak Italian)! We were made to feel very welcome. Since we were leaving prior to the restaurant opening, we were furnished a travel box breakfast.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Ray
"Superb staff, professional in every way"
My wife and I were in Rome for our 25th anniversary and were delighted to stay at the Napoleon. They upgraded our room to superior and sent up a fine bottle of Zardetto Spumante, but that is just the beginning. The staff is honestly like one would expect to find in an expensive hotel in a past decade...and by that I mean they are the most friendly, helpful, and utterly professional group I have run across, and I have travelled to 18 different countries at last count. The rooms are clean and quiet - rare in noisy, busy Rome. Lounges, restaurant, and bar excellent. Service, knowledge, and "personal touch" beyond compare and extremely rare to find nowadays. The hotel has been around since 1962, so like many European hotels of this vintage storage space for clothing, etc. is a bit limited. There is only one wastebasket in the room and it is in the bathroom. The toilet can take a couple flushes and the shower space is a bit small. But these are minor quibbles compared to the experience you have; you really feel like an honored guest and friend here - not just a client that happens to be staying in one of their rooms. The head concierge is an absolute jewel of a gentleman, I highly recommend staying here and will always book here when in Rome.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"great hotel"
I had a very nice time at the napoleon hotel, and i really recommend it. it has a very good location, the staff was really nice and helpful, the room was a little bit small but was very clean and quiet. the breakfast was very nice too.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
gilad
"Napleon conqueors our expectations"
The staff were very accommodating. Friendly, informative, and helpful. The breakfast was very nice, with fresh fruit, breads, meat/cheese, fresh breads, eggs, breakfast meats and wonderful coffee.
4 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
Dennis
"Classy hotel with excellent staff"
The hotel is a beautifully restored historical lodging with classical furnishings and old school personal service .
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
mike
"Great Value!"
My daughter, her friend and I spent the weekend in Rome, hitting the "must sees" hard. we stepped out of the subway to realize our hotel was directly in front us. However, you must be careful on the crowded subways or you will get robbed! My purse, which was on my shoulder and in front of me was unzipped without my knowledge. Thankfully, nothing was taken. The hotel is walking distance to the Coliseum and the Forum. Get your Museum tickets online to save possible hours in line. Don't miss the Pantheon, which may be the most beautiful site in Rome.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
Roxanne
"Review"
Franc was really helpful and also other staff. They were kind to serve some customized dishes at restaurant when requested.
1 night trip Feb 6, 2015
"Great Hotel!"
The Napoleon was a wonderful hotel. The staff was extremely helpful and so polite. We left early one morning to visit Florence so the hotel packed us a to go breakfast for our trip without us even asking. Our room was very quiet, clean and small but it was all we needed. The only complaint was the bed was too hard for us. Love the towel warmer!
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
"Good hotel and location"
The hotel was nice, the room was good but the bed was way too hard. Other than that, it was a good experience.
Response by Napoleon Hotel
Dear Terry, Thank you for your review and for your appreciation regarding most aspects of your stay. Regarding the bed I would kindly outline that we prepare the beds with highest quality mattresses but we know that bed is also a matter of preferences, so we can amend or change the mattress on request in a few minutes . I am sorry if we did not have the chance of fully satisfy your requirements, I am confident that we could reach this goal on a next occasion, Looking forward to your welcome return, I send my kindest regards, Roberto Cioce Hotelier
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Terry
"Adequate Hotel, Nothing Special"
Stayed during winter time (mid January). Staff seemed outwardly friendly and dedicated to customer service. They are proud of high TripAdvisor rating. Location convenient in that a) 15 minute walk to Colosseum/Palatino/Forum (but through a sketchy park) and b) right on top of red subway line, which accesses Vatican City (10 min walk from stop), Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and Cinecitta. The subway line is very easy to use and fast (averages 1 stop per minute). Room/bathroom were good quality, seemed recently renovated. Water pressure was great. Hotel decor was very "Roman" in that had statues and other art; in a couple of afternoons even had pleasant surprise of hearing a practice opera performance. Location does not seem safe though at night. Internet access is AWFUL. Very frustrating. Great breakfast, which was free. When asking for restaurant recs, had a little of an issue that asked them to make reservations at a specific place but needed to follow-up several times before they finally did. They also said it was closed on Mondays but it was not.
4 night trip with friends Jan 16, 2015
"Location, location, location"
You can't beat where this place is. Walk to Termini station, the metro is 20 meters from the from door. Walk to coliseum.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Hotel Napoléon - I would stay again"
I chose this hotel for three reasons: 1. It is close to Termini Station and to the Metro which makes it easy to get to the airport and around the city. 2. Breakfast was included in thel room rate and it was good. 3. Wifi was included in the room rate and worked well. My room was clean and it was quiet. The staff are friendly and helpful. There was also a free wine tasting in Friday evening which was nice.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Kurt
"Nine day Stay:"
We travel quite a lot and we are happy to say that the Napoleon Hotel and it staff is the best ever. What a great time we had at the hotel. Close to every thing, metro, bus, train station and walking distance to the main sites.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
Check in was fine, but after a long trip, I just wanted to get to my room. They insisted we wait to be shown to our room. It turned out to be necessary, because the hotel is old and it takes two different elevators just to get to the second floor. The twin beds are a little bit hard, and the bed pillow was very flat.The staff did a great job. They provided us with a wake up call, and even made up a sack breakfast for the morning of our checkout. They arranged our ride to the airport, and made it very convenient by just adding that service to our bill at checkout.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
"Where to stay in Rome"
The staff at the Napoleon Hotel were exceptional and everyone spoke English. We were allowed to check in to our room as soon as we arrived. It is not a "new" hotel, but it is located near the Colosseum. It is well kept and the room was exactly as portrayed in the photo. The bathroom was spotless. We met the owner and were treated to a drink, the atmosphere was definitely one of customer service and satisfaction.
1 night family trip Dec 3, 2014
"NAPOLEON HOTEL THE BEST ONE!!!"
If I go to the beautiful city of Rome, for sure I will be back to Napoleon Hotel. Many reasons; besides the great Staff, service, cleanness and every romantic detail, also the perfect location to walk around. I RECOMMENDED TO WHOEVER WANTS TO FEEL A COMPLETE COMFORT IN ROME...THANK YOU HOTEL NAPOLEON...YOU GUYS MADE MY VACATIONS THE BEST THAT I'VE EVER HAVE IN YEARS...
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
RICKY
Everything went perfectly! Thank you so much fot this amazing experience in beautiful city of Rome!
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"Wonderful Italian hotel right by subway."
Old world charm hotel with exceptional staff. It made our trip so easy because a subway(metro) was only a few steps away. Local restaurants close by that were great.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
i
"Great location, very friendly/helpful staff"
My girlfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights on our first trip to Italy. The building at first appeared to be a bit worn, but this seems to be consistent with everything else in Rome. It was very clean, and the staff was very welcoming and helpful. A breakfast buffet is included, and it was really good (scrambled eggs, all sorts of meats, cheeses, pastries, etc.) We will definitely return to this hotel on our next trip to Rome.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
"Exceptional Hotel"
Great staff, excellent restaurant, superb breakfast (included), decent WiFi (included), perfect location (within 15 feet of Vittorio Emanuele metro station), comfortable rooms.
Charlie
"Very disappointed"
pros: friendly staff, close to the metro station Cons: small room, very small bathroom, ugly neighborhood full of homeless people, did'nt like The dinner, We stayed in our last night in Italy, hoping to be close to the train station and walk a little in the evening, the hotel was not as near to The Roma Termini station as we thought, it is not a walking distance if you have luggage, we did'nt wanted to get out at night because of the creepy surrounding area and decided to have dinner in the hotel, we were very disappointed with our dishes and finally with the whole experience.
Juan M
"Lovely old hotel"
I have stayed before at the Hotel Napoleon and always enjoyed it. The staff is especially welcoming and the common rooms are large, beautifully decorated and very comfortable. The hotel is directly across from a metro stop and a short walk from the central train station.
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
Carolyn
"A Pleasant Surprise in Rome"
Needed a room unexpectedly due to airflight problems and found the Napoleon on Hotels.com at the last minute. Booked it online due to good traveler reviews. Having stayed previously at several hotels, we were pleasantly surprised at the quality of this facility. Located feet from the subway and just one stop away from Termini, it was easy to travel the city. The staff was VERY professional and helpful. They had a lovely social room that many guests used just to relax and chat. An array of newspapers was available. We arrived late and ate in their bar restaurant. The portions were very modest, but the quality/taste was excellent. The room, while small by American standards, was significantly larger than the previous rooms we had rented in the city. The arranged ground transportation for us to get to the airport. All in all, our next visit to Rome will include a follow-up stay at the Napoleon.
2 night romance trip Oct 19, 2014
WPBDoc
nice and clean, staff extremely pleasant and helpful. The concierge, R.Lombardi especially went out of his way to help , always with a smile on his face. family owned hotel: the owner throws a cocktail party every week for his guests.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Hotel was very nice. Not happy with the area. Staff was helpful.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"Very nice hotel with all the facilities."
Very nice hotel with all the facilities. The staff was amazing!
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Great location. Very close to Termini and Subway. Immediate area not the best but hey, It's Rome.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
We chose this hotel for the proximity to Roma Central. We have since made a rule to stay where we want and to take a taxi to the rail/air.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014