All hotels in Rome, Italy
Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II 105, Rome, RM, 00185, Italy, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good hotel and location"
The hotel was nice, the room was good but the bed was way too hard. Other than that, it was a good experience.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Terry
"Adequate Hotel, Nothing Special"
Stayed during winter time (mid January). Staff seemed outwardly friendly and dedicated to customer service. They are proud of high TripAdvisor rating. Location convenient in that a) 15 minute walk to Colosseum/Palatino/Forum (but through a sketchy park) and b) right on top of red subway line, which accesses Vatican City (10 min walk from stop), Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and Cinecitta. The subway line is very easy to use and fast (averages 1 stop per minute). Room/bathroom were good quality, seemed recently renovated. Water pressure was great. Hotel decor was very "Roman" in that had statues and other art; in a couple of afternoons even had pleasant surprise of hearing a practice opera performance. Location does not seem safe though at night. Internet access is AWFUL. Very frustrating. Great breakfast, which was free. When asking for restaurant recs, had a little of an issue that asked them to make reservations at a specific place but needed to follow-up several times before they finally did. They also said it was closed on Mondays but it was not.
4 night trip with friends Jan 16, 2015
"Location, location, location"
You can't beat where this place is. Walk to Termini station, the metro is 20 meters from the from door. Walk to coliseum.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Hotel Napoléon - I would stay again"
I chose this hotel for three reasons: 1. It is close to Termini Station and to the Metro which makes it easy to get to the airport and around the city. 2. Breakfast was included in thel room rate and it was good. 3. Wifi was included in the room rate and worked well. My room was clean and it was quiet. The staff are friendly and helpful. There was also a free wine tasting in Friday evening which was nice.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Kurt
"Nine day Stay:"
We travel quite a lot and we are happy to say that the Napoleon Hotel and it staff is the best ever. What a great time we had at the hotel. Close to every thing, metro, bus, train station and walking distance to the main sites.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
Check in was fine, but after a long trip, I just wanted to get to my room. They insisted we wait to be shown to our room. It turned out to be necessary, because the hotel is old and it takes two different elevators just to get to the second floor. The twin beds are a little bit hard, and the bed pillow was very flat.The staff did a great job. They provided us with a wake up call, and even made up a sack breakfast for the morning of our checkout. They arranged our ride to the airport, and made it very convenient by just adding that service to our bill at checkout.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
"Where to stay in Rome"
The staff at the Napoleon Hotel were exceptional and everyone spoke English. We were allowed to check in to our room as soon as we arrived. It is not a "new" hotel, but it is located near the Colosseum. It is well kept and the room was exactly as portrayed in the photo. The bathroom was spotless. We met the owner and were treated to a drink, the atmosphere was definitely one of customer service and satisfaction.
1 night family trip Dec 3, 2014
"NAPOLEON HOTEL THE BEST ONE!!!"
If I go to the beautiful city of Rome, for sure I will be back to Napoleon Hotel. Many reasons; besides the great Staff, service, cleanness and every romantic detail, also the perfect location to walk around. I RECOMMENDED TO WHOEVER WANTS TO FEEL A COMPLETE COMFORT IN ROME...THANK YOU HOTEL NAPOLEON...YOU GUYS MADE MY VACATIONS THE BEST THAT I'VE EVER HAVE IN YEARS...
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
RICKY
Everything went perfectly! Thank you so much fot this amazing experience in beautiful city of Rome!
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"Wonderful Italian hotel right by subway."
Old world charm hotel with exceptional staff. It made our trip so easy because a subway(metro) was only a few steps away. Local restaurants close by that were great.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
i
"Great location, very friendly/helpful staff"
My girlfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights on our first trip to Italy. The building at first appeared to be a bit worn, but this seems to be consistent with everything else in Rome. It was very clean, and the staff was very welcoming and helpful. A breakfast buffet is included, and it was really good (scrambled eggs, all sorts of meats, cheeses, pastries, etc.) We will definitely return to this hotel on our next trip to Rome.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
"Exceptional Hotel"
Great staff, excellent restaurant, superb breakfast (included), decent WiFi (included), perfect location (within 15 feet of Vittorio Emanuele metro station), comfortable rooms.
Charlie
"Very disappointed"
pros: friendly staff, close to the metro station Cons: small room, very small bathroom, ugly neighborhood full of homeless people, did'nt like The dinner, We stayed in our last night in Italy, hoping to be close to the train station and walk a little in the evening, the hotel was not as near to The Roma Termini station as we thought, it is not a walking distance if you have luggage, we did'nt wanted to get out at night because of the creepy surrounding area and decided to have dinner in the hotel, we were very disappointed with our dishes and finally with the whole experience.
Juan M
"Lovely old hotel"
I have stayed before at the Hotel Napoleon and always enjoyed it. The staff is especially welcoming and the common rooms are large, beautifully decorated and very comfortable. The hotel is directly across from a metro stop and a short walk from the central train station.
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
Carolyn
"A Pleasant Surprise in Rome"
Needed a room unexpectedly due to airflight problems and found the Napoleon on Hotels.com at the last minute. Booked it online due to good traveler reviews. Having stayed previously at several hotels, we were pleasantly surprised at the quality of this facility. Located feet from the subway and just one stop away from Termini, it was easy to travel the city. The staff was VERY professional and helpful. They had a lovely social room that many guests used just to relax and chat. An array of newspapers was available. We arrived late and ate in their bar restaurant. The portions were very modest, but the quality/taste was excellent. The room, while small by American standards, was significantly larger than the previous rooms we had rented in the city. The arranged ground transportation for us to get to the airport. All in all, our next visit to Rome will include a follow-up stay at the Napoleon.
2 night romance trip Oct 19, 2014
WPBDoc
nice and clean, staff extremely pleasant and helpful. The concierge, R.Lombardi especially went out of his way to help , always with a smile on his face. family owned hotel: the owner throws a cocktail party every week for his guests.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Hotel was very nice. Not happy with the area. Staff was helpful.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"Very nice hotel with all the facilities."
Very nice hotel with all the facilities. The staff was amazing!
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Great location. Very close to Termini and Subway. Immediate area not the best but hey, It's Rome.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
We chose this hotel for the proximity to Roma Central. We have since made a rule to stay where we want and to take a taxi to the rail/air.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
"Few days in Rome"
Lovely hotel. The nicest staff in the world. Beautiful antique prints
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
We enjoyed our stay, the staff are very helpful and courteous. The WIFI speed was excellent.
1 night family trip Sep 22, 2014
Henry
"VERY HELPFUL"
STAFF NICE AND ACCOMODATING
1 night trip Sep 14, 2014
SCF
"Excellent Place"
Very nice place, excellent staff, great breakfast, close to Colosseum, metro, and several major churches.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
"Friendless staff"
Great hotel, location is kind of far from main places we wanted to see. The staff was super helpful though.
3 night trip Sep 2, 2014
Katie
"The location is great."
We had a comfortable stay. Complimentary breakfast was great. You must visit the bar- mixologist Pierro will amaze you with his knowledge of drinks.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
D
"average hotel"
We stayed for two nights and if we were to go back to Rome we would find a different hotel. When we first checked in the front desk attendant was not very nice and snobbish we were tiered form traveling and wanted to get to our room but had to wait for the baggage porter. Every once in a while our room had a sewer smell. There was a used plastic cup with toothpaste in with warped new ones. at breakfast we had to wait to be seated and then wait to get coffee usually received when we were almost done with meal the meal in general was good though. the positives beds were comfortable and room had AC
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
"Cozy hotel, very nice staff"
Great experience, definitely recommend it! Felt like at home
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
eric
"Convenient location"
Sparkling clean room; Metro stop just five steps from the front door of this hotel; super convenient for exploring the historical area of Rome.
2 night business trip Jul 23, 2014
DavT
"top spot at a good price"
very professional staff. helpful in most every way.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
JS
"Very good hotel in Rome"
My family and I just returned from a week long vacation in Rome at the Napoleon Hotel. We found the Hotel very clean and comfortable. Our room was just what we needed as a resting stop after long days of tooling around Rome. The beds have very firm mattresses,which we enjoyed sleeping on. The second floor lounge is a nice and comfortable space, with 2 computer stations (free WI-FI ) to start and end your day's activities. The Napoleon Hotel is not a 5 star luxury hotel and does not aim to be one, but it is a fine place to stay in Rome. It gives you good value for the money.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Sam
Met family from Australia for 2 day stay. Hotel right beside metro. Staff very friendly and helpful. Owner met all guests at a cocktail reception which was a nice touch. Think he does it once a month? Had a single room but it was quite spacious with a little balcony. Breakfast was varied and plentiful in nice dining room. Would recommend to anyone.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
"great hotel"
This was a great hotel to stay at for our five days in Rome. The neighborhood may seem a bit rough but it is working class Rome so no hoards of tourists running about. The metro station right out the front door made getting around the city easy. The room was nice and very clean. The concierge and lobby staff were exceptional. Our baggage was delayed for four days (chaos at British air terminal 5 at Heathrow. Will NEVER fly BA again) the concierge staff pointed us to nearby stores to buy some clothes and constantly telephoned BA and the luggage delivery company until our bags finally arrived. Extremely helpful staff. Breakfast was also very good. We recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Rome for several days.
5 night romance trip Jun 28, 2014
chris j.
Enjoyed our stay everyone was very kind and helpful.
3 night trip Jun 25, 2014
"surprise hotel"
Very suitable hotel in an initially perceived negative neighborhood. Across the street from Metro stop. Good restaurant choice within few blocks. Hotel rooms and baths satisfactory but small. Outstanding lounge area for guests to relax, work on wifi, big screen tv. Breakfast choices superior to many hotels. Problem is to ignore the initial view of the neighborhood.
4 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Close to Rome Termini train station and other sigh"
A good value; room was a little small but clean and quiet.
2 night trip Jun 29, 2014
"A gem!"
this is a true gem! We had a great stay in Rome at the Hotel Napoleon. The room was well decorated and the bath looked like it had recently been re-done. I had a single and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was very generous and fresh. The salon area of the hotel was large with several groupings of comfortable club chairs. The concierge was very helpful making arrangements for us to take tours, get restaurant reservations, the car to the airport, etc. And the location was perfect. There were nice restaurants in walking distance and markets as well as a pharmacy. This is a hotel I will recommend to my friends.
3 night trip Jun 25, 2014
Maggie
"Nice Rooms, Friendly Staff, 10 Steps to Metro"
Second visit to Rome, so comparing to the last neighborhood we stayed in, I was a little skeptical. However, upon walking through the doors, I was pleasantly surprised. All of the hotel staff from the front desk, the porter, the bar, the cleaning crew were all extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms were nice and functional, the pillows were like stones, but so tired at the end of the day, it didn't ruin my sleep. Great lounge area where we spent a lot of time meeting up with family. It was very spacious and enjoyed watching the World Cup with other guests. Breakfast buffet was included as was WiFi. When you walked out the door, you were at the entrance to the Metro so it was easy getting around town. I would recommend this hotel for great value, friendliness and comfort.
3 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Steph
"Great service"
The location was very convenient, though we found the surroundings did not match up to the hotel. The service was great. We found that the a/c in the room allotted was not working. We were moved into alternate rooms. The hotel staff was very helpful in arranging for tours, booking great restaurants.
5 night family trip Jun 10, 2014
"Bad news"
I have stayed at the Napolean Hotel before and was very satisfied. That is why I booked it for this trip. It is a nice hotel in a good location near the train station and with a subway stop right outside. Unfortunately when I arrived for this stay the hotel staff apparently booked my room for the wrong days and no room was available. The accepted responsibility for the mistake and offered me a room at their expense, at a nearby hotel. I insisted on seeing the room first. The concierge accompanied me. It was a good thing that I insisted on seeing this hotel and the room before accepting their offer. The room they offerd was not near the quality of the rooms at the Napolean Hotel. Despite their persistent efforts to get me to take the room I steadfastly refused. They finally relented and obtained a room for me a block away at the Best Western Ambra Palace Hotel. That hotel and my room were of comparable quality to the Napolean Hotel. They hotel the originally tried to book me into had a lobby on the fifth floor of its building which could be reached by means of a tiny antiquated elevator which worked only inconsistenty. This meant the possibility of carrying bags up and down five floors was quite real. Additionally, the entrance to that hotel was blocked by a group of younger people standing around smoking and who refused to move aside.
Response by Napoleon Hotel
Dear Unhappy Camper, I am very sorry and deeply apologise for our mistake regarding your booking. An explication (not a justification) of that, is that you have made a previous wrong reservation for a following month and when we received the amendment, we did not checked correctly the date. On your arrival we proposed the closest accommodation, in the same block, because we would like that you could have the opportunity of having also a complimentary breakfast at the Napoleon, use our Bar, Restaurant and lounges, and take part of our complimentary Events. When we understand that you were not happy of your accommodation, we have immediately found a new one and our driver has taken you there, of course complimentary. Further than this, because you had paid in advance and was not possible to offer you a complimentary stay, as our loyal and dear Guest, we offered you a complimentary stay on your next visit to Rome. We do our best efforts to avoid any overbooking, and that should be clear also by the way we dealt this matter. In spite of the bad mark you correctly gave us in this occasion, we would be more than happy if you would give us a further chance of welcoming you again and I renew the offer of a complimentary stay for your next visit to Rome. Looking forward to that pleasure, I send you my kindest regards Roberto Cioce Hotelier
2 night trip Jun 11, 2014
Unhappy Camper
"Friendly, great service ."
The hotel entrance is tiny but once inside, great open hall hor the guest. Room was very spacious and clean. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. Neighborhood is mix of tourists, locals and street vender.
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
Traveler from USA
"Great time at the Hotel Napoleon"
Stayed here for four nights in June 2014 and loved it. Despite what some reviewers have said, the neighborhood is safe. In fact, I quite enjoyed being where the locals are and eating, shopping, etc where real Romans are, not just tourists. Aside from the too-busy and bitter breakfast waiters, the hotel staff is top-notch. All the reception staff are super professional and helpful. Although I speak Italian, my friend does not so the fact that they all speak English really helped. The A/C was cold, beds comfy, and the bathroom was large, unlike some in Italy. If you're coming from the train station, I'd take the metro rather than walk; Termini's metro station is just remodeled and it's just one stop from the hotel. Much easier than walking, although we did the latter with not much problem when we arrived. This hotel is great.
4 night trip with friends May 27, 2014
Zuke
"overall the hotel was a good choice."
It was clean and well preserved for an older hotel.
3 night trip May 29, 2014
"Most helpful"
Due to an Italian crook, I lost my credit card on the day before check out and could not get a replacement until the day after check out. They told me when I got the replacement to call and provide them with the new numbers. I did and they settled my account. It was a great relief to my mental state. I will always be grateful to them for going beyond the call of duty. The entire visit was above expectations with them. TOM
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
"close to termini and subway"
It was fine. The room was a little small, but comfortable. The worse thing was the shower stall, which is tiny and I couldn't get the water to stay at the same temperature. Very clean. The staff was nice and fairly helpful. The neighborhood was kind of like the upper west side of Manhattan. Never felt threatened. If you use the subway, which is literally right out the front door, hold onto your phone and money. I got careless on my last night and exited the subway and my phone was gone to pickpockets. there are a few stairs to climb getting from one elevator to another. I'm not sure I would stay there again. Maybe look for a BNB next time. Breakfast was good.
5 night trip May 28, 2014
Carl
Very convenient to train and Coliseum. Staff was friendly and helpful. We loved the neighborhood. The room was nice.
3 night family trip Jun 5, 2014
Ken
"Excellent Hotel"
Hotel Napoleon is highly recommended. The hotel restaurant is excellent and the complimentary breakfast is excellent as well. Staff are courteous and professional and the metro train is just outside the door. Rate was good and cleanliness of room and hotel was excellent.
3 night trip May 30, 2014
Charles and Mary Ann
"Unique Hotel"
This was the only "non-chain" hotel we stayed in and it had a wonderfully quirky personality. The staff was extremely helpful, especially Franco, the head concierge. The hotel is not terribly conveniently located, although a Metro stop is right out the front door. There are still good restaurants nearby. Breakfast was okay, except the coffee, which was wonderful.
4 night family trip May 28, 2014
Leslie
"Confortable"
Very nice place to stay. If I come back to Rome I will choose this Hotel.
4 night trip May 27, 2014
Luis R. Andrade
Hotel is in ghetto. So many unemployed men hang out in unkempt piazza next door and surrounding square. On plus side, experienced attentive front desks (2). Breakfast was fair to good-although some food staff were somewhat rude. Center city-walking distance to all major sites, except maybe Vatican. Clean mid grade rm. Maids friendly and helpful.
6 night trip May 18, 2014