All hotels in Rome, Italy
Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II 105, Rome, RM, 00185, Italy, ‏‎800-491-6126

nice and clean, staff extremely pleasant and helpful. The concierge, R.Lombardi especially went out of his way to help , always with a smile on his face. family owned hotel: the owner throws a cocktail party every week for his guests.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Hotel was very nice. Not happy with the area. Staff was helpful.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"Very nice hotel with all the facilities."
Very nice hotel with all the facilities. The staff was amazing!
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Great location. Very close to Termini and Subway. Immediate area not the best but hey, It's Rome.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
We chose this hotel for the proximity to Roma Central. We have since made a rule to stay where we want and to take a taxi to the rail/air.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
"Few days in Rome"
Lovely hotel. The nicest staff in the world. Beautiful antique prints
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
We enjoyed our stay, the staff are very helpful and courteous. The WIFI speed was excellent.
1 night family trip Sep 22, 2014
Henry
"VERY HELPFUL"
STAFF NICE AND ACCOMODATING
1 night trip Sep 14, 2014
SCF
"Excellent Place"
Very nice place, excellent staff, great breakfast, close to Colosseum, metro, and several major churches.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
"Friendless staff"
Great hotel, location is kind of far from main places we wanted to see. The staff was super helpful though.
3 night trip Sep 2, 2014
Katie
"The location is great."
We had a comfortable stay. Complimentary breakfast was great. You must visit the bar- mixologist Pierro will amaze you with his knowledge of drinks.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
D
"average hotel"
We stayed for two nights and if we were to go back to Rome we would find a different hotel. When we first checked in the front desk attendant was not very nice and snobbish we were tiered form traveling and wanted to get to our room but had to wait for the baggage porter. Every once in a while our room had a sewer smell. There was a used plastic cup with toothpaste in with warped new ones. at breakfast we had to wait to be seated and then wait to get coffee usually received when we were almost done with meal the meal in general was good though. the positives beds were comfortable and room had AC
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
"Cozy hotel, very nice staff"
Great experience, definitely recommend it! Felt like at home
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
eric
"Convenient location"
Sparkling clean room; Metro stop just five steps from the front door of this hotel; super convenient for exploring the historical area of Rome.
2 night business trip Jul 23, 2014
DavT
"top spot at a good price"
very professional staff. helpful in most every way.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
JS
"Very good hotel in Rome"
My family and I just returned from a week long vacation in Rome at the Napoleon Hotel. We found the Hotel very clean and comfortable. Our room was just what we needed as a resting stop after long days of tooling around Rome. The beds have very firm mattresses,which we enjoyed sleeping on. The second floor lounge is a nice and comfortable space, with 2 computer stations (free WI-FI ) to start and end your day's activities. The Napoleon Hotel is not a 5 star luxury hotel and does not aim to be one, but it is a fine place to stay in Rome. It gives you good value for the money.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Sam
Met family from Australia for 2 day stay. Hotel right beside metro. Staff very friendly and helpful. Owner met all guests at a cocktail reception which was a nice touch. Think he does it once a month? Had a single room but it was quite spacious with a little balcony. Breakfast was varied and plentiful in nice dining room. Would recommend to anyone.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
"great hotel"
This was a great hotel to stay at for our five days in Rome. The neighborhood may seem a bit rough but it is working class Rome so no hoards of tourists running about. The metro station right out the front door made getting around the city easy. The room was nice and very clean. The concierge and lobby staff were exceptional. Our baggage was delayed for four days (chaos at British air terminal 5 at Heathrow. Will NEVER fly BA again) the concierge staff pointed us to nearby stores to buy some clothes and constantly telephoned BA and the luggage delivery company until our bags finally arrived. Extremely helpful staff. Breakfast was also very good. We recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Rome for several days.
5 night romance trip Jun 28, 2014
chris j.
Enjoyed our stay everyone was very kind and helpful.
3 night trip Jun 25, 2014
"surprise hotel"
Very suitable hotel in an initially perceived negative neighborhood. Across the street from Metro stop. Good restaurant choice within few blocks. Hotel rooms and baths satisfactory but small. Outstanding lounge area for guests to relax, work on wifi, big screen tv. Breakfast choices superior to many hotels. Problem is to ignore the initial view of the neighborhood.
4 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Close to Rome Termini train station and other sigh"
A good value; room was a little small but clean and quiet.
2 night trip Jun 29, 2014
"A gem!"
this is a true gem! We had a great stay in Rome at the Hotel Napoleon. The room was well decorated and the bath looked like it had recently been re-done. I had a single and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was very generous and fresh. The salon area of the hotel was large with several groupings of comfortable club chairs. The concierge was very helpful making arrangements for us to take tours, get restaurant reservations, the car to the airport, etc. And the location was perfect. There were nice restaurants in walking distance and markets as well as a pharmacy. This is a hotel I will recommend to my friends.
3 night trip Jun 25, 2014
Maggie
"Nice Rooms, Friendly Staff, 10 Steps to Metro"
Second visit to Rome, so comparing to the last neighborhood we stayed in, I was a little skeptical. However, upon walking through the doors, I was pleasantly surprised. All of the hotel staff from the front desk, the porter, the bar, the cleaning crew were all extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms were nice and functional, the pillows were like stones, but so tired at the end of the day, it didn't ruin my sleep. Great lounge area where we spent a lot of time meeting up with family. It was very spacious and enjoyed watching the World Cup with other guests. Breakfast buffet was included as was WiFi. When you walked out the door, you were at the entrance to the Metro so it was easy getting around town. I would recommend this hotel for great value, friendliness and comfort.
3 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Steph
"Great service"
The location was very convenient, though we found the surroundings did not match up to the hotel. The service was great. We found that the a/c in the room allotted was not working. We were moved into alternate rooms. The hotel staff was very helpful in arranging for tours, booking great restaurants.
5 night family trip Jun 10, 2014
"Bad news"
I have stayed at the Napolean Hotel before and was very satisfied. That is why I booked it for this trip. It is a nice hotel in a good location near the train station and with a subway stop right outside. Unfortunately when I arrived for this stay the hotel staff apparently booked my room for the wrong days and no room was available. The accepted responsibility for the mistake and offered me a room at their expense, at a nearby hotel. I insisted on seeing the room first. The concierge accompanied me. It was a good thing that I insisted on seeing this hotel and the room before accepting their offer. The room they offerd was not near the quality of the rooms at the Napolean Hotel. Despite their persistent efforts to get me to take the room I steadfastly refused. They finally relented and obtained a room for me a block away at the Best Western Ambra Palace Hotel. That hotel and my room were of comparable quality to the Napolean Hotel. They hotel the originally tried to book me into had a lobby on the fifth floor of its building which could be reached by means of a tiny antiquated elevator which worked only inconsistenty. This meant the possibility of carrying bags up and down five floors was quite real. Additionally, the entrance to that hotel was blocked by a group of younger people standing around smoking and who refused to move aside.
Response by Napoleon Hotel
Dear Unhappy Camper, I am very sorry and deeply apologise for our mistake regarding your booking. An explication (not a justification) of that, is that you have made a previous wrong reservation for a following month and when we received the amendment, we did not checked correctly the date. On your arrival we proposed the closest accommodation, in the same block, because we would like that you could have the opportunity of having also a complimentary breakfast at the Napoleon, use our Bar, Restaurant and lounges, and take part of our complimentary Events. When we understand that you were not happy of your accommodation, we have immediately found a new one and our driver has taken you there, of course complimentary. Further than this, because you had paid in advance and was not possible to offer you a complimentary stay, as our loyal and dear Guest, we offered you a complimentary stay on your next visit to Rome. We do our best efforts to avoid any overbooking, and that should be clear also by the way we dealt this matter. In spite of the bad mark you correctly gave us in this occasion, we would be more than happy if you would give us a further chance of welcoming you again and I renew the offer of a complimentary stay for your next visit to Rome. Looking forward to that pleasure, I send you my kindest regards Roberto Cioce Hotelier
2 night trip Jun 11, 2014
Unhappy Camper
"Friendly, great service ."
The hotel entrance is tiny but once inside, great open hall hor the guest. Room was very spacious and clean. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. Neighborhood is mix of tourists, locals and street vender.
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
Traveler from USA
"Great time at the Hotel Napoleon"
Stayed here for four nights in June 2014 and loved it. Despite what some reviewers have said, the neighborhood is safe. In fact, I quite enjoyed being where the locals are and eating, shopping, etc where real Romans are, not just tourists. Aside from the too-busy and bitter breakfast waiters, the hotel staff is top-notch. All the reception staff are super professional and helpful. Although I speak Italian, my friend does not so the fact that they all speak English really helped. The A/C was cold, beds comfy, and the bathroom was large, unlike some in Italy. If you're coming from the train station, I'd take the metro rather than walk; Termini's metro station is just remodeled and it's just one stop from the hotel. Much easier than walking, although we did the latter with not much problem when we arrived. This hotel is great.
4 night trip with friends May 27, 2014
Zuke
"overall the hotel was a good choice."
It was clean and well preserved for an older hotel.
3 night trip May 29, 2014
"Most helpful"
Due to an Italian crook, I lost my credit card on the day before check out and could not get a replacement until the day after check out. They told me when I got the replacement to call and provide them with the new numbers. I did and they settled my account. It was a great relief to my mental state. I will always be grateful to them for going beyond the call of duty. The entire visit was above expectations with them. TOM
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
"close to termini and subway"
It was fine. The room was a little small, but comfortable. The worse thing was the shower stall, which is tiny and I couldn't get the water to stay at the same temperature. Very clean. The staff was nice and fairly helpful. The neighborhood was kind of like the upper west side of Manhattan. Never felt threatened. If you use the subway, which is literally right out the front door, hold onto your phone and money. I got careless on my last night and exited the subway and my phone was gone to pickpockets. there are a few stairs to climb getting from one elevator to another. I'm not sure I would stay there again. Maybe look for a BNB next time. Breakfast was good.
5 night trip May 28, 2014
Carl
Very convenient to train and Coliseum. Staff was friendly and helpful. We loved the neighborhood. The room was nice.
3 night family trip Jun 5, 2014
Ken
"Excellent Hotel"
Hotel Napoleon is highly recommended. The hotel restaurant is excellent and the complimentary breakfast is excellent as well. Staff are courteous and professional and the metro train is just outside the door. Rate was good and cleanliness of room and hotel was excellent.
3 night trip May 30, 2014
Charles and Mary Ann
"Unique Hotel"
This was the only "non-chain" hotel we stayed in and it had a wonderfully quirky personality. The staff was extremely helpful, especially Franco, the head concierge. The hotel is not terribly conveniently located, although a Metro stop is right out the front door. There are still good restaurants nearby. Breakfast was okay, except the coffee, which was wonderful.
4 night family trip May 28, 2014
Leslie
"Confortable"
Very nice place to stay. If I come back to Rome I will choose this Hotel.
4 night trip May 27, 2014
Luis R. Andrade
Hotel is in ghetto. So many unemployed men hang out in unkempt piazza next door and surrounding square. On plus side, experienced attentive front desks (2). Breakfast was fair to good-although some food staff were somewhat rude. Center city-walking distance to all major sites, except maybe Vatican. Clean mid grade rm. Maids friendly and helpful.
6 night trip May 18, 2014
"Napoleon Hotel"
Excellent for the price, staff were exceptional, area was sketchy, Metro right out the front door. Many attractions within easy walking distance. Limited restaurant choices in the area, but we were recommended an excellent choice and reservations were made for us. Breakfast was outright terrible. The photos on the website do not give the real picture of what the neighborhood is like.
4 night family trip May 7, 2014
"Great Hotel In Rome"
We had the best experience ever at a hotel overseas. This hotel located just steps away from the Metro. The hotel is has a beautiful reception area; hot breakfast with great American coffee; delicious reasonable dinners available were you will meet the owner of the hotel; the room was clean and comfortable; and fantastic helpful staff. We could not have asked for better accommodations.
Other trip May 20, 2014
Gary & Francine
"Decent hotel"
This hotel is ok for the money nice interior. Beds were extremely hard and no extra pillows. We had a lot of exterior noise in room from adjoining back buildings... breakfast was really good! still ok for value price.
Other trip May 17, 2014
JP
"Rome"
It was a great end to a 2 week visit to Italy. The hotel staff was exceptional in their service and help. They were available to answer questions and especially helpful in making reservations for us a local restaurants. Although the hotel appears to be in a rough part of Rome, my wife and I never felt in danger as we walked the streets, even at night. What was especially convenient was that a Metro stop was practically right outside the front door. Great stay at a great hotel.
5 night trip May 5, 2014
Craig and Eunice
"Classic Rome Hotel"
Classic hotel with modern features/appliances. Roberto Cioce - owner and manager of the hotel - hosts a 7:00pm wine tasting w/ antipasti on Fridays. This is a very nice touch and Roberto is charming. We had an early flight, so the hotel opened their restaurant early for breakfast to accommodate us. Only negative - some "down and outs" in the worn and trashy Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II across the street.
1 night trip May 9, 2014
Ron K.
I the idea of giving Cocktail to Meet in person the President/Owner of the Hotel.
Other trip May 5, 2014
RMC
"Nicest People in Rome!"
All of the staff at the Napoleon were incredibly helpful and nice! They went over the top in helping with every detail and nothing was too much to ask of them. They assisted in getting us maps to all the locations we were visting, getting a taxi to take us to the airport, wi-fi passwords for all of our phones and computers, a bagged breakfast the morning we left for airport, changed our US currency to Euros, gave great advice on places to see and restaurants to eat at. I would definitely go back to the Napoleon if I should visit Rome again.
2 night trip Apr 28, 2014
"Not Bad for the Price"
We just stayed a night in Rome and our stay at the Napoleon was comfortable. It was just a few blocks from the Roma Termini Station with lots of food places around the area.
1 night trip Apr 21, 2014
Jac
"Napoleon hotel"
Out the door, just steps to the metro that takes you anywhere you want to go...yet, you could hear a pin drop once inside the beautiful glass doors. The multi lingual staff made you feel welcome from start to finish. A/C, heat,large clean rooms, bathroom... Definitely a thumbs up for us. One small tip...the A/C needs a remote control to make it run. One call to the front desk, and minutes later, the remote was delivered. Grazie mille to everyone at the Napoleon hotel for helping to make our stay in Rome a great experience!
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2014
"Nice Hotel - surroundings not so nice"
The hotel staff was great. The hotel is in the middle of a plaza with shops lining the plaza on both sides. The area outside the hotel was filled with vendors selling items off of tables and the occasional homeless person sleeping on the walkway to the hotel. Although it seemed safe, returning to the hotel was not a leisurely stroll as you navigate through the people lingering outside and the others sitting at tables and smoking. The hotel is acoss from a park, which is nice, but on the other 3 sides of the plaza, it resembled "Little China" more than an Italian town. What I am saying is that you should research the areas in Rome and pick what suits your likes and needs best. The last time I was in Rome I stayed at Villa Glori on the outskirts of Rome. It was a lot nicer experience and had Tram service within a block from the Hotel. The pictures on the hotel's website look a lot nicer than the actual hotel. The room did not have a table and chair or drawers to put your clothes (it did have an armoire but it was insufficient for two people). Their was no iron or ironing board, no alarm clock, and no message light on the phone. The bathroom drains "gurgled" at night, such that the door had to remain closed so that we could sleep. There were two elevators to get from the lobby to the 2nd floor with stairs and a walk in-between the elevators. The rating states that it is a 4-star hotel, I dispute the rating.
Response by Napoleon Hotel
Dear Guest, I read carefully your review, and I would like to thank you for your appreciation for some aspect of our Hotel, and, at the same time, I would like to make a couple of brief considerations regarding your courteous remarks. Regarding the location: the Hotel Napoleon is in the hearth of Rome, few hundred meters from the Coliseum and at an easy walking distance from many of the most important attractions and cultural sites of the town, directly connected by metro to the Vatican and lot of good restaurants nearby. There are many shops around the square; extra-European people (not only Chinese) manage many of them, there are often many sellers in the streets. That is Rome: along its History Rome has been always multi-ethnic, maybe also chaotic and too crowded of sellers, vendors and people trying to make money with pilgrims and tourists. Whether you like it or not, but they are everywhere in Rome, even close to the most important monuments, of the town. You may see also some homeless, that is also true. Unfortunately nowadays not rare in the center of Rome. They are “visible” in the streets of Rome, late at night, and some time they try to stay not far from the hotels’ entrance. Maybe a sort of shelter, of safety. However, Rome is the most peaceful town of the world. Thanks to its innate tolerance, Rome had never problems of racial conflicts or social marginalization, therefore, no violence, no crime, apart the pick-pockets, phenomenon common in every big town of the world. Few words also about the Hotel. There is no one room without table and chairs. We have rooms with different furniture solutions, but in every room, there are drawers and cabinets. If you had a requirement for more space to put your clothes, you could ask our Concierge and we would be delighted to change your room. We have recently refurbished several rooms and we are now able to satisfy every requirement. We just need our Guests support, kindly inviting them to ask when they need something
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
"Staff was excellent"
The staff was excellent, and they anticipated my every need. I arrived about 09:30, not expecting my room to be ready, but they told me it would only be a few minutes and invited me to eat breakfast while I waited. Since I had only had an airplane breakfast I was happy to do this. So I received two breakfasts for my one night stay. The room was tiny, and the view was to another wall of windows, but the bed was excellent. Overall, I was quite happy with this choice.
1 night trip Apr 19, 2014
"Very clean and friendly staff"
The hotel was a little far from the main sites, but with the friendly staff, super clean room and nice size of room and the breakfast was plentiful...made up for it! The hotel was kid friendly as well...... would recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting Rome........ Thank you!!!!!
4 night family trip Apr 3, 2014
Mannings
"Outstanding service, great location, famous name"
I needed some special assistance at this hotel, and the staff was extremely helpful. Also, the hotel has a dignified and charming ambience. I was very happy with my stay there.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
Joseph Tipler
We stayed in a double room and it exceeded our expectations. Perhaps not the best area in Rome but we had no problems at all and we know that no matter where you are in the world, you need to be vigilant. We stayed for one week and would return to the Napoleon Hotel in a heartbeat. We have only very positive things to say about every aspect of our stay. The metro on the doorstep is so convenient but although it has an escalator, there are also lots of steps so not convenient if you have large baggage. Use the hotel airport service - it's great - no stress!
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
"Napolean Hotel"
Had a good stay at this hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful, they held our luggage for several hours after checkout and provided information on how to get around. They arranged a cab for us on 2 occasions for a reasonable fee.
2 night trip Mar 17, 2014