All hotels in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
You can collect® Rewards nights here
Zayed 1st street, Khalidiya area, Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, ‏‎800-491-6126

TripAdvisor reviews for Sheraton Khalidiya Hotel

"Close to the beach and local amenities"
11/25/15 helpman Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
This was used as a stop off for 5 nights before flying on to India. For our purposes it was ideal. A short walk to a park then the beach. Across the road for supermarkets, malls and restaurants. Only ate breakfast in the hotel as there are much better value restaurants nearby. The weather in November was ideal, warm both day and night. The only downside to this hotel is that if you want to get an alcholic drink (this is the UAE remember) you have to use the 'pub' that is part of the hotel, clearly modelled on city pubs of 5 years ago. Big TV screens, noisy, overpriced and full of cigarette smoke.
"Nice place for business"
11/24/15 asabry100 Giza, Egypt
the hotel is fine and it has good service and good food. It is good for business trip or business meetings as the meetings rooms are good and have all required facilities. the Hotel location is good as it is in the middle of the city.
"Sheraton, Khalidiya"
11/16/15 lindalla2015 Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
I was upgraded to a suite with a seaview. Pity the windows and curtains were dirty to enjoy seaview. The Internet connection is ADSL with no wifi into the bedroom. The thermostat were set at 22 but the rooms were cold. I felt also uncomfortable to slip under the sheets. Slept with my clothes on top of the bed. The hotel menu had a bad choice for room service and were overly priced. The hotel and furniture had an old eerie feel to it. The hotel also had limited tv channels. It is for all above reasons I had checked out a day earlier and had forgotten my clothes in the wardrobe.
"Very dated hotel in need of refurbishment"
11/15/15 Steve M
This is a very tired hotel. It was clear upon arrival that the outside of the hotel is being refurbished, however, the bedrooms are in dire need of improvement. My bathroom was very old with a two tone suite, with mould growing in the sealant and grubby grouting. In additional the cleaning needed to be better, I would hairs that were not mine in the bathroom and nail clippings in the bedroom. The shower was above the bath and the water was not very hot, so ended up just using the 'hot' water when showering. The electrics could be better only one of the sockets in the double plug socket by bed worked and another socket stopped working leaving my laptop only partially charged. Air-conditioning was intermittent when on auto, so had to set manually and even then the air being blown out was not that cold. WiFi connection very poor, after 15 minutes gave up with iPad and on my laptop the speed was not good enough to use Skype for video or audio. Also, I was constantly getting network errors when trying to use email. There was no iron or ironing board in my room and when I enquired at reception they said that the one the hotel had was being used by another guest. Without doubt the worst hotel I have visited in several years and very different to the Sheraton I stayed in in Singapore on the same trip. Luckily, I could change my flight, so I only stayed one night and checked out the following evening, rather than stay a second night.
"Good location with promotion price in 4.5 stars"
11/11/15 PiePieLee HKng Kong, China
Frist business trip to Abu dhabi, I got a very good offer by Amoma for two days all in appr USD100/night with breakfast which is same as all website without BF, needless to say, Sheraton is 5 stars standard for this hotel , inner room is manage with standard and understood they are on decoration when booking so offering good price I guess, i stayed in 2nd flr smoking rm so there is no view and the window is blur coz by renovation, lucky that I was outside meeting everyday so nothing noisy and not care the view. cozy sofa and comfortable bed. all stuffs reserved at bathroom no need to bring too many. Staffs are friendly and helpful. walking within 10 mins to a medium size mall-Khalidiyah Mall , you can get food court, cafe, restaurant, shopping, big supermarket Lulu for anyting easy. Room is big and have a kitchen but no kitchenware to use. Clean and Tidy. Breakfast is delicious with many choices even coffee and tea. almost same as the pictures so i did not take pictures. I enjoy a lot and will visit again.
"A great hotel near the Corniche, which is centrally located!"
11/11/15 khania
My family - made up of two adults and three young children stayed at the hotel for four nights. The hotel is currently undertaking some renovation, which means that the main entrance of the property is largely covered by scaffolding although I should state at the outset, we did not experience any building noise during our stay. That said, the scaffolding and cover does mean that locating the hotel was impossible when we were driving to it on our first day, since all signage for Sheraton Khalidiyah were covered. That meant we drove past it several times when attempting to initially locate it, which was infuriating! However, the check-in staff apologised when we informed them of the situation and agreed it would be a good idea to not have covered the hotel name. In recognition of what we had experienced, we were swiftly checked-in and upgraded to a sea-facing room. I was pleasantly surprised by the attentiveness of the staff who transferred our luggage. Anyone who has travelled with children will appreciate that any assistance provided is welcomed, especially after a reasonably long journey! The hotel itself is clean, well-appointed and the room ultimately provided to us had all the amenities you would expect from a contemporary hotel. The bedroom itself was modern, spacious and tastefully decorated. The bed provided was very comfortable. However, the bathroom, whilst clean, was dated and I presume will be updated by the hotel as part of its renovations and really contrasted negatively against the bedroom which was evidently more recent. Also the linen contained in the bathroom was stained and we had to insist it was replaced. In fact, house keeping was a constant issue throughout our stay and is an area on which the hotel must focus a great deal more. As others have mentioned, the hotel is centrally located and very much within walking distance to the Corniche where locals and tourists hang out on the beach but be warned it can get very hot so pick early mornings or late afternoons. In short, if we managed with three young children, I am pretty certain the location will not be an issue for most, since it really is not far at all from the main sights. Taxis are cheap with AC and no one appears to walk very far in Abu Dhabi! Separately, there are a number of amenities and eateries close to the hotel so all food junkies are well catered for. The staff have a very good understanding of the local area and are very helpful in providing advice. The street in which in the hotel is located is very much high rise and modern building blocks, which some may find unsettling but there honestly is nothing to fear. Indeed, we met a number of very helpful individuals who were personable and found a number of people who spoke fluent English. I should also add that the hotel provides free wi-fi (good connectivity) and the room contains a kettle with tea/coffee services, which you may well use after returning from sight-seeing! The breakfast provided was great with a wide selection of all that you should require to have a great start to the day. The staff at breakfast was fantastic and I have to make a special mention of the chef who made our omlette each morning - he was always smiling and became so accustomed to our morning order, he would have the omlette freshly prepared for us when he saw we had entered the restaurant. That level of attentiveness is commendable and must be acknowledged. In addition, the staff regularly refilled items and just personable. Other than the above, the hotel contains everything that you would expect of a Sheraton. In this respect, it is worth mentioning that the hotel has a rooftop pool with great views of the skyline and so it is worthing visiting for a few pictures. Above all, the best thing about the hotel was the attention to detail from most of the staff and their initiative to ensure we were made to feel welcome. That is a sign of a well managed hotel in my opinion. The highest praise of all is that my family would be happy to stay at the hotel again in the future, especially after the bathrooms are updated!
"Sheraton Khalidiya"
11/06/15 dluxe_bebe Baltimore, Maryland
Enjoyed my stay here, very much. Rooftop pool. Near restaurants. (Really good Lebanese spot within walking distance.) Not far from the mall, an Emirati stand-by. (Go to Asha's there.) Staff was lovely. I was always getting locked out of my room and they fixed it, no prob.
"One of its kind service"
11/04/15 npereira2015 Pune
Must say this hotel defines the kind of service 5 stars should provide. Here are few examples: Whenever u want to enter your room, first take the key to the reception n have it activated. The hotel believes in sharing n caring, so u r given only one bath robe n 1 pair of slipper despite 2 people checking in. You r given paper cups to have tea You are told there are no towels because the hotel has 100 pc occupancy The AC needs the engineer to come in 5 times to be switched on. They value ur privacy so the curtains need to be shut even during the day. After all the hotel is being renovated. See it to believe it- u r told about the renovations only when u reach there- courtesy personified. U ask for a sea view room during booking- no probs. when you reach there u r asked to pay up 125 aed per day additionally. U r given a broken baby cot for ur baby Would any other 5 star n particularly with the Shereton brand name in it give u this service. One of its kind! Horrible
"Long stay"
10/31/15 Wayne H Hull, England, United Kingdom
Have been at the hotel 5 weeks now, rooms are spacious and well kept, although I spilt a sugar sachet and was still treading on the sugar after 2 weeks so although beds made and towels changed daily not always cleaned. The food is plentiful, buffet eat as much as you want with themed nights three times a week, there is always a good variety to suit every taste. WiFi is a nightmare, full signal showing but no internet access, very frustrating when skyping home. Pool on the 18th floor could do with a refreshment bar otherwise you have to call for service. Staff are friendly and helpful, especially Christine in the restaurant.
10/30/15 Feirouz B
Stayed here for one night the receptionist was very polite and smiling We were two one towel was missing and no ironing in the room has to be requested Found a hair in the bathroom but otherwise it's average There are some maintenance going on but nothing disturbing
Reviews and ratings contained within this site are the subjective opinions of customers and suppliers; they do not represent or reflect’s position. Neither nor the parties involved in providing review content shall be held liable for any damages of any sort resulting from use of these reviews