All hotels in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Zayed 1st street, Khalidiya area, Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, ‏‎800-491-6126

TripAdvisor reviews for Sheraton Khalidiya Hotel

"big room, good location"
01/14/16 Lana S Montreal, Canada
amenities were good, renovation outside but doesn't affect us, maybe just lowers price of hotel stay, near corniche and khaldiye mall so that's good. Not extraordinary but if you just need somewhere to sleep it is good.
"Average/Good Hotel."
01/08/16 Riaz M Johannesburg, South Africa
I stayed at this property for 2 nights in December. I found the location to be decent. The hotel itself is average to good. Did not like the entrance lobby from the back Street. Hotel was under renovation. Staff was quite friendly. Front desk was efficient and check in/out was a breeze. Room was comfortable.
"Lousy rooms, nasty check-in staff, great location - 2 stars for location only"
01/08/16 familytimestravel Stuart, FL
Starting with the good - great location for walking around Abu Dhabi and to the Khalidiya Mall for food. Car valets and door men are great. Rooms are big. That's it. The UGLY TRUTH about all the rest. Front desk clerks are the WORST. Don't bother requesting anything. If you book non-smoking, you may not get it. If you request connecting or adjoining rooms, you won't get that. In fact, my booking for TWO non-smoking connecting or adjoining rooms was one NS room and one smoking room ON TWO DIFFERENT FLOORS. When I said that was unacceptable, we were given two rooms on different sides of the elevator bank (rooms 05 and 21) but on the same NS floor. When I requested rooms together, I was told to check back. When my teen went to get the key to the second room, the front desk staff were talking about how "difficult" we were being. Isn't that nice. THEN we got to the room. The twin room was ok. It was shabby but mostly clean. But the king room was absolutely disgusting. When you opened the door the moldy smell of the bathroom hit you. Housekeeping changed the shower curtains and cleaned up most of the mold in the shower, but mold remained on the faucet and in some grout lines. Even when I showed the front desk woman pictures of the moldy bathroom, she acted like it was no problem. The shower faucet was difficult to adjust so the water was either cold or hot. The sink faucet was no longer caulked to the sink and moved around. And nothing can change the poor attitude of the front desk staff and their refusal to accommodate guests (the hotel was not booked up) and then talking about guests in front of other guests. There is also the absolute shabbiness of this hotel. At $100 a night, you are paying too much. Sheraton is doing a massive renovation to the exterior. They should have invested the money in updating the 1980's bathrooms and carpeting. If you choose to stay here, demand to see the rooms you will be given BEFORE you pay. Our friends tried to leave but were told they would not get their money back. I understand all the hotels in this area are in the same position. Hyatt is supposed to be opening nearby soon. Hold out for it, or go further out of town. For as little as $50 more per night, you can stay at a new hotel like Hyatt. Oh and the wifi was AWFUL. It kicked me off every time I tried to Google other nearby hotels. Interesting. Note: I only tried to get our king room changed in the morning and twice was told to come back later in the afternoon. Unfortunately we returned to the hotel very late each night from our excursions and my spouse just didn't want to change rooms that late. I regret giving my money to this hotel.
"Big rooms, great breakfasts"
01/06/16 Jinne O
Went her for a business trip. Absolutely not the best hotel I've ever been, but it was fine. Rooms were big, but not always very clean. Location of the hotel is close to the water, but quite far from the Marina area, which is the nicest area in town. Breakfasts in this hotel were great, a lot to choose.
"Great location, shabby accommodation"
01/04/16 372susanv Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
The location is great - you are in walking distance of most amenities. The first room which we had on the 13th floor had stained pillows and black mold on the bath grouting. The second room which we were moved to was on the 4th floor and we were woken up at 7am by the sound of construction going on on the outside of the hotel. Not great when your body clock is on a different time zone. The duty manager was contacted and he moved us to an executive suite which was a bit better. Our first two days stay were not happy ones but things improved after that. The hotel in getting upgrading on the outside but I can't see it as a 4 star hotel as advertised. I don't believe this hotel is 1 star below St Regis and The Viceroy.
"Spacious Rooms , Great food only"
12/20/15 Gregorios E
i stayed at sheraton for 1 night as i had few meeting in Abu dhabi, the property is old but they have good service, i had a room in the 9th floor with city view , the room was spacious , old furniture. the only good thing was they do a great breakfast and themed night. For one night say its fine but staying for more it's not recommended specially with no WIFI connection.
"Nice hotel, pool lets it down."
12/12/15 joeldowland Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Stayed here for national day so it was a perfect location for walking to the corniche to watch the fireworks. Room was nice with a good view and also a bath in the bathroom. 3rd Avenue pub is a great place to have a drink and good value meal, was disappointed that you couldn't take a drink from the bar up to the room though. The only real negative to this hotel is the standard of the rooftop swimming pool. It is not heated so it was very cold and just the overall condition of the pool and chairs etc around it was very poor.
"7th, 8th. 9th Dec 2015"
12/11/15 Harish C Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
On a business visit booking we (Room 805 myself & Colleague 811) arrived at 21:00 hrs. & checked in After change we went down to eat I was shocked to see the veg offering on the buffet as I am a vegetarian Only two dishes were poorly kept, un-replenished, dry and dark brown looks. I refused to accept what was put on heat for more than three hrs. And very non appetizing Captain (Sri Lankan) refuse to make me a dish saying not possible He indicated to me a man who was dining, I guess DM and said you ask him, I was shocked with his response that DM should be approaching me not me to him? This DM never bothered to inquire a thing busy dining though captain informed him. What a dis respect from Hotel Duty Manager, totally unprofessional and impolite. He needs to be trained to react and respond If I may say. I left a written guest comment letter to reception this night by a Kenyan male staff in a closed letter by hand stating I am upset and wish to speak to you (addressed to GM) GM never bothered to read and call back. (First attempt) I went up room temp was set at 19 degree, called engineering staff he switched off but still till the morn it was showing 21 degree, my bones were in pain due to chill all night. This day we both were supposed to be dropped to ADNIC exhibition center. No one from Hotel called to inquire WHEN CAN WE GIVE YOU A DROP? On 9th the same also. Second day 8th Dec lunch I asked for roasted poppadum, Cook told me we don’t have, forcing me to have a deep fried ones. Is this polite, is this hospitality offered. Cooks stand in side without wearing aprons, some had no hand gloves. You could see posted material on the wall when service door to kitchen opens Same salads were put on again more over I saw last night were again at lunch No one bothers while dining, No one removes used dishes No managerial presence felt If you get greeted at entrance of restaurant than you sure lucky This moment once again I approached reception spoke to lady call Ms. Sumbal ask her to leave a written note addressed to GM that I wanted him to call me if possible as I wanted to share how I felt. He never called me. (Second attempt) A sign of no care, disrespect towards staying guests I have dish images how the buffet veg dishes were in buffer restaurant on 7th dinner, to prove no one care, even by asking new fresh cook little food no one care to feed. Is this normal? “No” is on their lips and they use it much easily. Is this normal? Server Sumeek and Ms. Sumbal did there good efforts
"Close to the beach and local amenities"
11/24/15 helpman Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
This was used as a stop off for 5 nights before flying on to India. For our purposes it was ideal. A short walk to a park then the beach. Across the road for supermarkets, malls and restaurants. Only ate breakfast in the hotel as there are much better value restaurants nearby. The weather in November was ideal, warm both day and night. The only downside to this hotel is that if you want to get an alcholic drink (this is the UAE remember) you have to use the 'pub' that is part of the hotel, clearly modelled on city pubs of 5 years ago. Big TV screens, noisy, overpriced and full of cigarette smoke.
"Nice place for business"
11/23/15 asabry100 Giza, Egypt
the hotel is fine and it has good service and good food. It is good for business trip or business meetings as the meetings rooms are good and have all required facilities. the Hotel location is good as it is in the middle of the city.