All hotels in Troy, Illinois, United States of America
2030 Formosa Road, Troy, IL, 62294, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9400

"comfortable room, pleasant stay"
I stayed here while attending a women's conference at Troy United Methodist Church. It was the first time I'd traveled alone in a long time, so I was kind of nervous. The hotel was easy to find, the staff was very kind. I chose a Superior room with the King-size bed. The room was spacious, with a nice desk, and a flat-screen tv. It was VERY clean (loved the hardwood/laminate floors!) and pretty comfortable. (The bed was a little more firm than I'm used to, but I still slept well.) I enjoyed the large corner desk. I chose not to eat breakfast, though it was offered... and I didn't have time to swim in the pool, though it looked very inviting. The workout room consisted of an elliptical and a treadmill, with a tv on the wall. If I had any complaints, it would only be that someone brought a large dog in at about 10:30 pm that barked very loudly right outside my door, which startled me. Overall, I was very pleased with my stay and will defintely choose this hotel again if I'm ever in the area.
1 night trip Oct 17, 2014
Kelena
"not as stated"
there is no hot tub as shown in pictures. staff said it was taken out two years ago also only basic cold breakfast although i was told there was hot food. two years is to long for the info not to be updated.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
"Quick Stay"
It was fine. No problems.
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
Dale C.
"Should have been better"
The hallway flooring was being replaced. Work continued until after 9 pm also vacuuming after 9 pm.
1 night romance trip Oct 13, 2014
"good pet friendly hotel"
check in was quick, room was clean, overall it worked for us.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Casey
"Noise"
We were in a group with 3 rooms on the first floor. I believe the room with the king size was once a handicap room. There was a rarher large step into rhe bathtub and no counter at all in the bathroom. They also had the ice machine right outside our door. It was so loud and very annoying with people getting ice in the middle of the night.
2 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2014
"very loud"
It was very loud, you can hear people all night from the hallways and from upstairs. The room next door had a dog that barked for 20 minutes at six am on a Saturday morning and the hotel staff took a smoke break outside while we waited at the front desk. Room was ok though.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
"Handicap room"
Great handicap room. A little bit of a distance from parking but doable. Liked the frig and micro provided. The free popcorn was a bonus.
1 night family trip Oct 5, 2014
Ann-Marie
"Nice hotel!"
Nice clean hotel. Great Price. Great location. Staff was pleasant. We enjoyed the popcorn in the evenings.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
mj
"Lovin the Red Roof!"
If you're going to St. Louis this is a great place to stay for a night or two. The location is easy on/ easy off Route 55. It's about 20 miles outside St. Louis. There are a lot of stores and restaurants close by. The hotel is clean, comfortable and convenient. My room was not ready when I got there so I had to wait 10 minutes. Not too bad. They had a full occupancy because of the Cardinals, Rams and a wedding. Good TV. Good shower. Refrigerator and microwave. I'll be back...
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Barb
"The best Red Roof Inn we've stayed in"
I was very impressed with this Red Roof Inn. It's conveniently located, the room was clean, towels much better than most hotels at this price range. Electrical outlets near the nightstand were icing on the cake.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2014
"Great Value"
The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly, and we felt we got a great deal for the money spent.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Bekah
"New beds please."
The hotel was nice but the bed was like sleeping on concrete slab!!!!!
2 night family trip Sep 19, 2014
todd
"Nice Stay"
We stayed for 3 nights - very good place for the value. In the area for business & it suited our needs. Breakfast is not as good as some other chains but right across the street from a Cracker Barrel. We would recommend for anyone in the area & we would stay again.
3 night business trip Sep 18, 2014
Paula
"Perfect for my needs"
Just needed a place to crash for 3 days, it met all my needs!
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"Surprisingly nice low-budget stay"
Don't upset Freeze (sp?) at the counter. He'll ruin your day if he doesn't like how you treat him. He told us stories while he was checking us in. Beyond that, the place was pretty clean and well-appointed. I really liked the hardwood floors in our room. Much easier to trust that they were cleaned and/or taken care of than mystery-colored carpet. We were down from WI for a wedding in STL and the hotel's location right off of the highway was perfect. Very convenient and a great value for what we needed. The only complaint that I have is that we weren't given information about breakfast or checkout as we checked in. Checkout wasn't an issue, but we missed breakfast :(
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"Disappointing; overpriced"
The room we were given had visible dust on the headboard, furniture and curtains and the air conditioner was filthy inside. The carpet had not been vaccuumed and even the inside of the microwave had not been cleaned in awhile. Needless to say it didnt smell like it was freshly cleaned either. Very disappointed in the quality and cleanliness of the room for what we paid. Breakfast is also a sad fare of hardboiled eggs and cereal, even on a Sunday morning.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Dorothy
"Not good"
As soon as entered the room there was a stinky smell. how ever it was for only a minute or so.. After that middle of the night there was a annoying sound. it was the sound of the insect which makes creep sound. the sound usually we hear at night. since it war making that sound the next room which was vacant it sounded loud. called room service however they could not find the insect and promised to stop but it continued till late night. the room looked clean however because of the smell and insect sound I guess it was not actually clean
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Rajesh
"Good prices, excellent air conditioning"
The price was just right, and I loved the air conditioning. My kids and I enjoyed the pool as well. There were a few crickets and critters in our room but we dealt with them as needed. It was a great stay and the price was excellent, especially compared to the other hotels in the same block!
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Patti
"Hotel was close to St. Louis"
The hotel was easy to find and just off of I-70 making it easy access to get to where we were going. A nice place to stay and good breakfast
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
J.
"Affordable hotel close to St. Louis"
Hotel was adequate and affordable. Very close to the highway and within 25 minutes of downtown St. Louis. Rooms are old and as clean as they could be under the circumstances (the carpet could really use a good cleaning). I was pleasantly surprised by thicker-than-usual bath and pool towels. The pool is 3'6'' all around and warm enough for me to enjoy it with my two young children. Breakfast looked completely unappetizing - we opted to go elsewhere to eat. They have popcorn and lemon water out in the evening, and apples/oranges out all day for guests to grab. A nice touch. The front desk clerks were all very pleasant.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
The room hade a heavy smell of cat litter.
1 night trip Aug 4, 2014
"cant beat the price"
20 min from the zoo and science center worked for me nice pool nice room. No skimping on the towels or pillows (6 for 2 beds) order during the week for the weekend and you will save about 20bucks a night I made the mistake of putting it off for 2 days and missed the great price but it was still affordable. Only thing I would want more is a waffle maker for breakfast but they do have cereal toast bagles juice milk and a fridge full of dannon
3 night business trip Aug 1, 2014
mark
"Clean, attractive and inexpensive"
Wr choose this Red Roof each time we visit SIUE. It is clean and comfortable with rooms updated to resemble a boutique hotel. Free lemon or lime water , popcorn and fresh fruit in the lobby.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
SIUE Mom & Dad
"Trip across country"
Pleasantly surprised. Severed ice cold lemon or lime water and fresh fruit apples and oranges Floors were hardwood appearance very nice. Only negative comment one dirty towel left from past guest.
1 night business trip Aug 1, 2014
Diame
"Bad Experience"
Our first room had ants in it and the room smelt like cigarette smoke when we requested an non smoking room to begin with.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
"Great for extended stay"
This hotel consistently had good reviews. I had a friendly welcome, nice staff, clean room and bathroom. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The air conditioner is quiet and works very well. The room has a mini-fridge and microwave. The breakfast is good, and Cracker Barrel is across the street for other meals. All areas of the hotel are spotless. The chandelier in the lobby is beautiful. I stayed three nights, and would stay here again. This hotel is an excellent value.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
motorcycle
"On Our Way to Oshkosh!"
Red Roof is usually a very good stop. This facility was no exception. Excellent stop, good people, service. Clean and East of St. Louis wso out departure the next day to Springfield was traffic hassle free. Would not hesitate to stay there in the future. Will mark it down as a feature stop!
1 night business trip Jul 23, 2014
"Good Getaway Stay"
The Red Roof Inn in Troy, Illinois, suited all my needs. The only issue I had was the refrigerator froze a lot of my groceries...no matter what setting in was. The room was spacious and comfortable, the bathroom clean. I'd stay there again.
3 night trip Jul 17, 2014
"Just fine for a quick crash"
We've been driving cross-country with small kids and just needed someplace safe and clean to crash between destinations. This fit the bill perfectly for us. The neighborhood isn't very interesting, but it's close to the freeway and the staff was friendly. It's not luxurious, but that's not what we were after.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Zach
"Overnight stay at the Red Ruff Inn"
The hotel was ok. It was fairly clean but I did see bugs in the room. The breakfast was not good, it was standard bagels and cereal however the cereal was generic and not appetizing. Right off the expressway and easy to find which was a good thing.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Building was old and sheets did not fit bed. Bedspread was dirty and old.
1 night business trip Jul 7, 2014
Ronald Hernandez
"Very disappointed"
We have stayed in this hotel many times over the past several years. All of our other stays have been very good. this year we arrived late and it took a very long time for the front desk person to help us.Even though it was about 11;30 Pm, it shouldn't have taken that long. At first,we thought no one was there. The front desk person told us that we could not put our stay on our Red Roof Inn Member Card because we used an online site to make our reservation. The man who helped us was not helpful in any way.They gave us a handicapped room with a handicapped shower without a shower curtain. By the end of our stay water was all over the floor and we had to put towels there to sop it up. The staff the next morning was very pleasant and helpful. Not sure we ever want to stay there again.
1 night trip Jun 17, 2014
Lynn
Nice looking pool ... Staff was helpful and courteous
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
"Nice room good location"
Friendly staff good clean room easy access on and off highway. Nice area for breakfast in morning.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
Lou
Simple to say, Would I go back to this Hotel,... No. First they he move us to another room after we checked in... then the second room had a awful smell... pool was very small also...
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
Jerry
"My stay"
The pool leaves something to be desired . Not very big ; not very deep ; no shower area or bathroom in pool area . Pool had to be cleaned before we used it , due to feces on the bottom ! Continental breakfast really didn't contain much , and the area for breakfast was very small . Otherwise , the hotel was nice enough . The amnenities , not so much .
2 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
J and D famly
"Great access to interstates"
The hotel has been remodeled since our last stay. It was clean just had a pet odor since pets are welcome. Breakfast leaves much to be desired but good value for the price.
4 night family trip Jul 1, 2014
M. Derrick
"Maids Work Late"
We did not enjoy this stay. My children and I stayed here on our way back from a wedding and sight seeing. We were very tired and had to be up very early in the morning to head home. We were so tired that we fell asleep before we could even swim, only to wake up to loud talking in the room next door because they had put us in an adjoining room with a total stranger. He was up a big portion of the night yelling and talking very loud. At the same time, I had been woken up twice because the maid was cleaning rooms on our floor at 10 p.m. and actually vacuuming too. After being woken up twice for this, I called the office to complain. The front desk person said he would've given me a discount or something if only I hadn't booked through a 3rd party and to call the general manager so he can at least hear our complaint. He was nice about it all, but I am still very frustrated. A couple of things specifically about our room is that we had no counter space in the bathroom, so I had to bring the luggage stand in to hold up my toiletry bags. The highway was incredibly loud, the sink wouldn't drain and the toilet barely flushed. The room was fairly clean and was comfortable for just the one night.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Kimberly
"Simple and enjoyable night's stay"
Arrived in the early evening and was promptly and easily checked in. The clerk was pleasant and helpful, answering a couple of questions I had about the area. It was extremely convenient to the interstate and restaurants (I had breakfast at the Cracker Barrel across the street the following morning). The room was clean, simple, and just what I needed. Everything went well.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"Nice two-star hotel"
It was a good place to stay for the night.
1 night trip Jun 17, 2014
"Trip home"
Overall, very good. The only negative was the comfort of the bed, which was "springy" and moved the entire mattress each time one of us would move. Nice place!
1 night trip Jun 15, 2014
Alw
overall not bad. disappointed more in the lack of any response or service when I reported the air conditioner made loud noise and kept me up most of the night. I didn't even get an "I'm sorry."
1 night family trip Jun 16, 2014
"Good place outside STL or Edwardsville"
Came for SIU-Edwardsville graduation and stayed 2 nights. We previously have visited the area previously and stayed at the Super 8 on the same corner. We lucked out and this RRI was on sale and I'm glad we booked here because it was in better shape than the Super 8. The one downside was the breakfast was super limited and almost entirely gone by the time we got down there. We ended up eating at the Cracker Barrel across the street. If your hotel is fully booked you should have sufficient breakfast to accommodate your patrons, especially when that's something advertised. This is in a good location for anyone visiting folks in Edwardsville and close to St Louis as well for tourism.
2 night trip May 9, 2014
Hotel allows pet. We do not have pets yet the room they gave us smelled horrible like a wet sweating dog. We went to a store and purchased Fabreeze air freshner and sprayed the room.
1 night trip May 28, 2014
"NEVER AGAIN!!!"
The hotel staff were extremely rude, ignoring me by talking amongst themselves about personal things, yet LOOKING at me the entire time. Once in the room, things seemed alright, until I got into bed, where I noticed several long red kinky hairs on the blanket and pillows. I have short cropped hair as I am in the Air Force. The toilet never stopped running the entire night, despite efforts of jiggling the handle and opening the tank and trying to adjust the bobber, which controls the water flow. In the morning, after my shower, I saw a couple spiders crossing the bathroom floor. The "continental breakfast" consisted of stale cold cereal or bruised fruit. I settled for a cup of coffee and left. I am in a position where I will be on business several times a year in that area as well as my son attending a local university. Should I require a hotel stay again, I will sleep in my car before giving my money to such a disgusting, rude, and shameful business as Red Roof Inn.
Other trip May 31, 2014
"close by business"
Stay was great dispointed in breakfast needed better choices!!!!!
1 night trip May 25, 2014
leonard mitchell
Hotel was clean and pet friendly, just what we were looking for
Other trip May 24, 2014
Andrea
"Good for the price"
Satisfactory
1 night trip May 13, 2014
Ken
"Highly Recommend"
This hotel was wonderful to stay in. Very clean rooms, indoor pool was really nice, staff was super friendly and extremely helpful. Will definitely stay here again!!!!
1 night family trip May 16, 2014