All hotels in Houston, Texas, United States of America
5701 Main Street, Houston, TX, 77005, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Exellence"
I've known this hotel in its various incarnations for 50 years. It's still the place to stay, imo. Many rooms have balconies or views of the park. Near downtown, park, zoo, museums, medical center, stadium, rice univ. No other hotel can say that. Plus the Ser ice is great, free local transportation, trolley line outside. Perfect.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
gary
"Nice, chic hotel."
There was nothing fabulous about this hotel, but it was very good. There is nothing to rave about, but also no complaints. All in all, a very good experience.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
scott
"Beautiful hotel."
Balcony rooms can be a bit noisy from other rooms opening and shutting their doors. At first we couldn't figure out where that noise was coming from. But if reccomend the hotel without a doubt. The shuttle driver was very nice and accommodating.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
Wonderful!!!!!!!!
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
Maria
"Sisters' Christmas Sleepover"
We live in different cities in the Houston area and do not get to see each other very often. We decided to meet at a central location that was convenient for all of us. My daughter was in town from graduate school in North Carolina. We had never stayed at Hotel Zaza before but had attended events there. Booking a room and spending the night was definitely on our to do list. I went home to my husband, but the two single ladies spent the night and were definitely impressed by the services at this fabulous hotel. I was impressed by the very attractive staff and their genuine caring attitude. I was treated like royalty and that was a real boost to my weary soul. The food was great and it was a comfort not to have to leave the building for anything. We plan to make this an annual affair. Thank you for helping us enhance our Christmas experience.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
Marilyn
"Yule time at Zaza"
It was just a short stay only wish we could have stayed longer. Will definitely return.
1 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
Robert T
"A memorable first anniversary!"
An exceptional experience celebrating our first anniversary. Thank you.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
"Beautiful Hotel in the Museum District"
I was in town for business as well as some personal time. The staff was first class and made every effort to make sure every detail was great. The outdoor patio was great to have a nice lunch and even enjoy delicious cocktails at the bar in the evening.
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
"STAY HERE!"
The staff at this hotel are so friendly and will go out of their way to fulfill any request...the food at the restaurant is excellent...even after leaving the hotel we came back again next day with a relative for lunch. The room could have used a better cleaning of the nitestands etc.
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
"Thanksgiving weekend delight"
Very convenient shuttle service. Lot's of places to go. Great spa experience.
Response by Hotel ZaZa Houston
Michele! Thank you for the excellent feedback! I am happy to read that you had a GREAT spa experience at ZaSpa. We love ya at ZaZa!
4 night romance trip Nov 25, 2014
Michele pomella
"Elvis is in the building"
No matter what continent, Elvis always seems to follow us. We hail from Memphis...ZaZa represents! Very nice experience during our stay. Thanks ZaZa staff!
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
Memphis
"Beautiful hotel, exceptional service"
Everything about this hotel was perfect. From the rooms and lobby to the food and service, it was outstanding.
Courtenay
"Perfect location for the museum district events."
Good service up front, very busy/fun bar, excellent housekeeping service and a good breakfast. Parking really does seem expensive. I would definitely book it again!
Vicki
"Homecoming stay"
Was in Houston for Rice Homecoming. Usually stay here. As always, had a great time and we even made the bar downstairs our gathering spot after the first night's event at Rice.
Response by Hotel ZaZa Houston
Gerard! Thank you for the excellent feedback regarding your visit at Hotel ZaZa. I am pleased to read that you had a delightful experience during Rice's Homecoming! Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston. We love ya at ZaZa!
2 night trip Nov 7, 2014
Gerard
"Charming Hotel"
Was visiting Houston for a few days and had a wonderful stay at the Hotel Zaza, They made a Business trip feel like a mini vacation.
Response by Hotel ZaZa Houston
NYC traveler! Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I am happy to read that you had a delightful business trip at Hotel ZaZa recently! Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston! We love ya at ZaZa!
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Simply Amazing"
Zaza has impeccable customer service! My goto Hotel in Houston!
Response by Hotel ZaZa Houston
Lorie! Thank you for the awesome review! I am happy to read that you received top-notch service at Hotel ZaZa recently. Comfort is key at the Z! We love ya at ZaZa!
1 night trip with friends Oct 21, 2014
Lorie
Wonderful room and stay! The staff was so accommodating even getting us dinner reservations at the last minute! We love Hotel ZaZa!!
Response by Hotel ZaZa Houston
Carra! Thank you for the five-star review! I am happy to read that you had a delightful visit at Hotel ZaZa recently. Top-notch service is key at the Z. Please touch base when you would like to dive back into the ZaZa world, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Carra
"Posh"
We stayed in Room 841 with a balcony view overlooking Rice Village and the Art Museum. Perfect view of everything. The room was just as pictured and plenty of space for the two of us. ONE NEGATIVE - the check-in is a little late @ 4pm. We ate Breakfast and dinner at the Monarch ( hotel resturant) and it was great! We loved the decor of the hotel the most!
Response by Hotel ZaZa Houston
Jeff! Thank you for the great feedback! I am happy to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your guest room, the Monarch, & the decor of the hotel! We love ya at ZaZa!
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
Jeff M.
"Will stay here again!"
Loved it. Only 1 mile from NRG. Great fun!
Response by Hotel ZaZa Houston
Hellene! Thank you for the five-star review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Hotel ZaZa. We love ya!
1 night romance trip Sep 27, 2014
Hellene
"Overpriced and unfriendly"
The hotel is beautiful, that's for sure. But the staff was snooty and so were the guests. It was like they were doing us a favor by letting us stay there! The pool is small and not conducive to swimming. The girls in the room next to us were partying until 3:00 am and we could actually hear everything they did through the walls. Overall, I was not all that impressed and wouldn't stay there again.
Response by Hotel ZaZa Houston
Lisa, Thank you for the feedback regarding your visit at Hotel ZaZa. I sincerely apologize for your less than stellar experience where service and comfort are concerned. Please touch base with me when you have an opportunity, as I would like to gather more details concerning your visit at the hotel. Ian H. Bush Hotel Manager Hotel ZaZa
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
I would never stay here again even if they wanted to comp my room. Their valet service is rude, overpriced, disrespectful. The whole experience here was painful.
Response by Hotel ZaZa Houston
I apologize for the your negative experience at the hotel. I shared your comments with the valet team, so we can address your concerns quickly. Hotel ZaZa Houston is much better than what you experienced! We value your business and hope that we can get a chance turn your negative expereince around!
1 night business trip Sep 27, 2014
"Very Inclusive Hotel/Has it All"
My wife and I really enjoyed the hotel, spending our 5th wedding anniversary there. We liked that they have a great restaurant and bar area. The only thing we did not like was that the pool closes way to early for a weekend, 9pm. There were dozens of persons enjoying the pool/bar, and it was a "happening" place, only to close and send everyone away. For the weekend, the pool should be open until at least 11or12. I spent 25 years in the Hotel Industry as a Director of Risk Management, this would not be unreasonable. Overall, it was a great stay! Food and service was outstanding!!
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
Ron
A very cool setting with an incredible staff from top to bottom and I told my company they should consider having all there people stay there.
Response by Hotel ZaZa Houston
WOW! Thank you for the awesome feedback regarding your visit at Hotel ZaZa. I am pleased to read that you had a great experience at the hotel! Thank you for recommending us to your company! We love ya at ZaZa!
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
My husband and I stayed at Hotel ZaZa for an overnight, out of town date night! WOW! This was our first time staying at Hotel ZaZa and let me tell you it was FABULOUS! We loved all of the helpfullness of staff. We went for an evening stroll to come back to our room with the bed sheets turned down and a candle lit on the bedside table. The overall atmosphere of the hotel was so much fun and I would HIGHLY recommend staying for business and especially for pleasure!
Response by Hotel ZaZa Houston
Wilkins! Thank you for the five-star review! I am happy to read that you had a wonderful one-night visit at Hotel ZaZa with your husband! We are all about providing our guests with an eclectic visit. Please touch base when you would like to dive back into the ZaZa world! We love ya!
Wilkins
"Great Birthday Treat"
We had a fabulous time! We had dinner in the hotel and the staff was amazing especially Robert, our waiter at dinner. He went out of his way to make our dinner so special for my friend.
Response by Hotel ZaZa Houston
TC! Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I am pleased to read that you had an awesome experience at Hotel ZaZa recently! Robert will definitely be commended for providing superb service to you during your visit at the hotel. We love ya at ZaZa!
TC
"A memorable stay in Hotel Zaza"
It was our first time in Hotel Zaza and stayed for one night to celebrate our wedding anniversary and our stay was beyond our expectation. Splendito Suite is huge with a dining and living area and very well decorated. Bathroom is nice and big with a soaking tub and a shower. Bedroom is very nice as well with 2 closets and a huge TV. There is also a big TV in the living area. All areas are clean especially the bathroom. What surprised me most was the petals of roses on the floor from the entry door to the bathroom and bedroom...Hotel Zaza did not know that we are celebrating our anniversary but made the ambiance really romantic...We also had a very good experience in its restaurant, Monarch. We were very well taken care of by our server, Gideon who gave each complimentary cocktail drink when she knew we were celebrating. The manager personally talked to us to ensure everything is okay. The executive chef, Mr. Axline also talked to us to make sure we like our food and we did. He personally served our dessert with a Happy Anniversary written on the plate.
"Amazing"
Unique hotel, great atmosphere, attention to detail in decor and service. Excellent service. Great stay overall, wouldn't change anything
Response by Hotel ZaZa Houston
Julia! Thank you for the awesome feedback. I am glad to read that you had a wonderful experience at Hotel ZaZa! Comfort & top-notch service are key at the Z. We love ya!
1 night trip Sep 11, 2014
Julia
Perfect hotel, didn't want to leave! Only wish there had been a few more options for food or shopping within walking distance.
Response by Hotel ZaZa Houston
Woo hoo! I am glad you had an awesome experience at Hotel ZaZa. In regards to food and shopping in the area, the Z hotel team will drive guests anywhere within a five-mile radius of the hotel. Just ask for the Magic Carpet Ride complimentary shuttle service! We love ya at ZaZa!
2 night trip Sep 3, 2014
"Weekend getaway."
Very impressed, will be back !!
Response by Hotel ZaZa Houston
Terry! Thank you for the five stars! I am happy your weekend getaway at Hotel ZaZa left a great impression on you. Top-notch service and comfort are both key at the Z. Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya at ZaZa!
1 night romance trip Aug 28, 2014
Terry
"Romantic stay!!"
Valet was very attentive and all employees were very courteous and helpfull..
Response by Hotel ZaZa Houston
C! Thank you for the five-star feedback! I am happy to read that you received top-notch service during your visit at Hotel ZaZa. We love ya!
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
C
"wow"
very nice friendly staff, great location, beautiful hotel a little pricey but everyone needs to treat themselves once in a while and this hotel is worth the price.
Response by Hotel ZaZa Houston
Thank you for the great feedback! I am happy to read that you had a stellar experience at Hotel ZaZa recently. Comfort & excellent service are both key at the Z. We love ya!
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
tonya
AMAZING. LOVED IT! Extremely comfortable and employees were very nice and respectful.
Response by Hotel ZaZa Houston
Woohoo! Thank you for the terrific feedback. I am pleased to read that you had a delightful experience at Hotel ZaZa recently. Top-notch service is key at the Z! Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston! We love ya at ZaZa!
1 night business trip Aug 22, 2014
"Very exclusive hotel"
The upscale furnishing and the accommodations were excellent. We asked for a tour of the most luxurious rooms and they obliged. They were expensive but beautiful and well appointed. One room had a butlers pantry and a kitchen. The shuttle was a nice extra and the staff was very helpful and accommodating.
Response by Hotel ZaZa Houston
Kim! Thank you for the awesome review! I am glad you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Hotel ZaZa recently! In regards to the Magic Carpet Ride shuttle service, the Z drivers will take guests anywhere within a five-mile radius of the hotel. Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya at ZaZa!
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"Girls Staycation"
This was my first time going and I was extremely excited until I got there after 4 and my room was not ready. Waited 40 minutes..Although the guest services made up for it by giving us complimentary foo, drinks and Zaza bucks. Food and service was great! Rooms had thin walls and we're okay.
Response by Hotel ZaZa Houston
Mimo, Thank you for the feedback regarding your visit at Hotel ZaZa. I apologize for the delay with your check-in at the hotel! I am happy to read that you enjoyed the complimentary drinks, food & ZaZa bucks. Dive back into the ZaZa world soon! We love ya!
1 night trip with friends Aug 16, 2014
Mimo
"Great hotel but delayed and/or nonresponsive to se"
Great hotel but delayed and/or non-responsive to services during my stay by the front desk staff.
Response by Hotel ZaZa Houston
Scott, Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent visit at Hotel ZaZa. I apologize for the unsatisfactory service you received at the front desk during your visit at the hotel. Such service is not the norm at the Z. Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team create a signature experience for you!
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Quiet and comfortable"
We stay here frequently and are always impressed with staff and hotel in general.
Response by Hotel ZaZa Houston
Nikola from Texas! Thank you for the great feedback. I am pleased to read that you frequent Hotel ZaZa often and are always impressed with the service and hotel atmosphere! We love ya at ZaZa!
3 night business trip Aug 12, 2014
"They really care."
Every stay at Zaza is a wonderfully relaxing and enjoyable experience because of the fabulous staff and management. We arrived after a wild ride in a terrible thunderstorm and within minutes, the warmth and caring attitude of the staff had us smiling. After some thought about my stays at Zaza, I concluded that what I experienced was more than just great hiring and training. I think that they actually CARE.
Response by Hotel ZaZa Houston
Bob from NOLA! Thank you for the fantastic feedback. I am happy to read that all your visits to Hotel ZaZa are met with wonderful service by the Z staff. We care about our guests! Comfort is key at the Z! Come on back soon for another eclectic experience. We love ya!
1 night business trip Aug 11, 2014
"Dis-satisfied"
I stayed there for my birthday weekend with another guest, we invited guest to dine for brunch with us. After brunch we proceeded to the pool area to have drinks. We had been there from noon until 6pm, when a staff member proceeded to tell us we were only allowed to invite 1 guest only and we would have to leave the pool area. This was after we spent over $600.00 in charges in the pool area. This did not include our room stay and the room service we charged has well. I believe if it was an issue someone from your staff would have announced in the beginning of our transition to the pool area this would not be permitted. We were about 10 people and were very respectful of the hotel and staff. There were no loud actions from any of our guest. We have stayed in the Hotel ZaZa multiple times on Staycations, but never again will we be embarrassed by your hotel staff. If I did not mention he was very rude. Sincerely, Hotel ZaZa – Hotel No Way Ever Again.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"Romantic Hotel"
Very pleasant stay. The breakfast atrium was wonderful atmosphere.
Response by Hotel ZaZa Houston
Mae! Thank you for the wonderful review! I am happy to read that you had a lovely visit at Hotel ZaZa. Please touch base when your travels return you to the area! We love ya at ZaZa!
Mae
"Nice hotel in Houston at Hermann Park and Rice."
The only problem in the room was the air-conditioning could not be turned down. The food did not meet full expectations.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Room lock was broken and had to stand outside room for 30 minutes while engineering had to drill lock then had to find us a new room. we were told the hotel would make up the inconvenience to us and never did. I wanted champagne and would have paid for it, but the hotel said they would take care of it for me and never did. i never got the champagne.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
Ron L.
"Splendid!"
Hotel ZaZa is spot on for their friendly, efficient staff and their comfortable, well appointed accommodations.
1 night business trip Jul 19, 2014
P. R.
"Weekend of leisure"
Loved the hotel. This was our first visit and the facility was excellent and the staff was perfect. Never even had to ask for anything. Monarch was a great place for dinner and have an afternoon cocktail.
Response by Hotel ZaZa Houston
WOW! Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I am pleased to read that you had a delightful stay at Hotel ZaZa! The Monarch is a great place to grab a delish dish or drink. Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston! We love ya at ZaZa!
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Feel like royalty here!"
This was our second time at the hotel and both stays have been phenomenal. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, and the concierge and housekeeping staff are a pleasure. Both times we've been upgraded to a suite or mini suite. Highly recommend!
1 night trip Jul 16, 2014
Had a 16 ft trailor on back of our suburban..... Called ahead to make sure we would have a place to park. The zaza assured us it would be no problem to accomodate us. What the Zaza didn't tell us is we would have to wake up at 6:00 am to feed the meter or a bar would be locked onto our vehicle and towed and that was our only option at this 4 star establishment. Then we were informed that we couldn't take the luggage rack out of the lobby so we carried our luggage to our room by ourselves in the zaza a of Houston's 4 star establishment. Booked the wrong room we reserved. The zaza in Houston is amazing and very accommodating.... Houston version could learn a lesson or two
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
julie
"Great Stay !!!"
Everyone was very nice and kind. It was nice to come back to the room and have a candle and candy waiting. Just returned from Vegas and this hotel was equal or better to the hotel there. Smiles all around :-)
Response by Hotel ZaZa Houston
Cheryl! Thank you for the fantastic feedback. I am happy to read that you had a delightful stay at Hotel ZaZa! We are all about the little touches; I am glad you enjoyed the turn down service! We love ya at ZaZa!
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Cheryl
"Perfect Location in Museum District"
Very well indeed
1 night trip Jul 9, 2014
Joshua Lim
"A hotel that never lets you sleep."
The hotel is more of a party hotel with the disco going until 2am! Midnight would be more appropriate. We had a balcony room on the 7th floor and the bass sound was equivalent to an earthquake. So we ordered something to eat at 1:30am but they do not serve breakfast at night, and the hamburgers and fried food are way to heavy. Only ice cream was a hard oreo cookie BRICK that did not hit the spot. I,would not stay at this hotel again, although I loved the old Warwick Hotel, this is just too much for that area. I'm surprised the neighbors dont complain. It just wasnt what I expected of the Rice University area and such a historic hotel.
1 night romance trip Jul 12, 2014
Janet Kountakis
"Great location, dine elsewhere"
ZaZa has a great location if your destination is the museum district. The one restaurant has a tired 1980's style menu with snippy staff. Plus in some cases the menu says one thing but what's actually delivered to you is another thing. Also, importantly, there are no real vegetarian options.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Museum visitor
"Disappointing stay at a purportedly luxury hotel"
1. Hotel facilities are minimum, restaurant's menu is limited and not too appealing; the staff, even though polite, are slow to respond to requests. 2. The rooms do not have a mirror outside the bathroom, so no way to dress or put on make up except in the bathroom. 3. The closet is inside the bathroom, so there is no access when someone is using the facility. 4. There was a stoppage in the pipes at 8:00 AM and when maintenance unclogged it, black water exploded out of the sink; it took 5 calls (the last one to the Assistant Manager) and 1 hour and 15 minutes to get a housekeeper to come and clean it so we could shower and get dressed. 5. There is nothing outstanding to support their high rates. Short of the convenience of being close to the museums I see no reason for anyone to stay there, I for sure will not again. 6. My reservation was prepaid in full; I paid for the extras upon check-out, but when I returned home I found out through American Express that I was also charged for an extra night upon arrival without the hotel telling me about it. I called the hotel and was told this was done to ensure the vacated room was left in good shape, and that it would be refunded in 3 days. I have never encountered this before anywhere in the world. I am 67 years old and certainly do not look like a rock star about to throw a wild party which would damage the room!!
Other trip Jun 28, 2014