All hotels in Secaucus, New Jersey, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1 Plaza Drive, Secaucus, NJ, 07094, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

The hotel staff could not have been more accomodating, friendly and fun! The breakfast was disappointing...instant oatmeal, so-so coffee and overly moist packaged muffins.
Response by Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about our customer service here at Extended Stay. I'm thrilled that the staff here are making such a great impression on our guests. I am sorry to hear that our breakfast did not meet your expectations; however, I am pleased to hear that our location was ideal for your stay. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
"Service is the only problem at this hotel"
This hotel is very conveniently located, within walking distance to the Meadowlands Expo Center and shopping. Free parking, strong wifi and comfortable enough room. The problem with this hotel is that it is understaffed and in some cases the staff seemed not to have proper training or have been selected carefully. The first night of a huge seminar with checkins to make the hotel completely full, they had ONE person on duty. I had asked that morning for bedding for the pullout couch and was assured it would be brought up. When we came back to the room late that night and exhausted this had NOT happened. We were basically hung up on by the front desk attendant so I went down to stand in a long line of people waiting to check in. This was the same person who would have to leave the desk, go to the housekeeping room, get the bedding and bring it up - no wonder it didn't happen, how could she leave the desk? Then the next day our room was cleaned while we were gone and for some unknown reason housekeeping took the sheets off the couch and didn't replace them! What a hassle. There were a few other issues with service, but the benefits of the hotel outweigh the irritations. It's a poor decision by management not to focus on better service. They could do a LOT to improve the place with some attention there.
5 night trip Nov 6, 2013
Elizabeth R
cons: This is the first hotel that I have ever been in that did not have an ice machine.
Response by Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am sorry that we do not offer ice machines on-site; however, all of our rooms have full-size refrigerators equipped with ice trays should you need ice during your stay. Still, I am happy to read that we provided you with great guest service and that you liked our hotel's location. . Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
"New York City Trip"
Good location, room space, bus stop in front of the hotel to NYC. But not satisfy the new policy of room cleaning, which stay 4 days will have one cleaning. Only one kids channel of TV program. There is no cross line at bus stop after return from NYC.
2 night trip Oct 18, 2013
Tian
"Perfect quality prize rate!"
The best: you can forget your car at its free parking and go downtown by bus, cheap, comfortable and stopping at 42 st & 7th av.close to ferry boat that bring you to zero ground The worst: breakfast is included, however for European people it isn't worth ! American coffee and big banana muffins,,,,, that's all! No milk, no cacao, no yoghurt !!!!
3 night business trip Oct 17, 2013
Isabel
"Rude Front Desk"
I called ahead to let the hotel know that my party was arriving seperately and gave them all of the names. When the first person arrived they refused to let her check in. THey made rude and presumetive comments to her (You know there is no smoking-she knows, we all know, geez) and then put us as far away as possible from the things of man. Top floor down the hall around the corner. This was after a 1 hour phone battle just to let her check in. I will not penalize the hotel for one rude worker (although the manager was not much better) but this was bad.
2 night business trip Sep 28, 2013
We loved the hotel. Picnic and pool area was a big plus!!!
2 night family trip Aug 16, 2013
Annette C.
"Poor maintenance"
Poor maintenance. I stayed two days. On day two, my room was not cleaned, towels were not changed. Very poor maintenance. Breakfast is not at all good. I did not get what I paid for. In my opnion, the hotel management should not have been charged me for 2nd night stay.
2 night family trip Aug 11, 2013
"You get what you paid for"
Really close to Manhattan. Bus at the corner and brings us 42th street 8th avenue But staff isnt friendly. Air conditioning is noisy. We rent 2 double beds and one sofa bed. No sheet and pillow for the sofa bed (bed wasnt made).
Response by Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your room did not meet your expectations and that our staff did not provide you with friendly service. I discussed your comments with the team and we are dedicated to improving our guest service and overall attitude. As well, we will be working to improve our offerings overall. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
The room was terribly small. I was told that my two children were going to have enough room on a pull out sofa but the sofa was big enough for two toddlers. Not two teens. I was also told the sleeper sofa was separated from the queen size bed but it was not. It was right in front of the bed. Not beside where we could all watch TV. It sat in front of the bed so the four of us could not watch TV together since there was only one TV. The iron broke. I called down for a replacement. No one ever came. The area was nice and convenient to restaraunts but the room was horrible. Very small. We couldn't all get dressed at the same time because our luggage took up most of the room. I would never stay there again
Response by Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I am glad to read that you liked our hotel's location; however, I apologize that your room felt too small to meet your family's needs. Please know, we do offer larger suites and would have been happy to upgrade you at any time upon request. As well, I am sorry that our staff did not replace your iron. I will be speaking with them to ensure this does not happen again in the future. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
2 night family trip Aug 3, 2013
"perfect location for shopping and sight see"
I loved it so much, that I am booking it again for October.My special thanks to Mr. Brian, (front desk clerk) outstanding service.!
8 night trip Jul 12, 2013
Rosana
"no breakfast in hotel"
There were only oranges for breakfast. The oranges were really bad. The microwave in the room was very dirty.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2013
Prakash
Locating the Hotel was very difficult and staff were not able to guide me in.
2 night family trip Jul 9, 2013
Staff was very helpful and pleasant, so overall a fine place to stay! Would ask that more effort go into training the desk staff in giving directions to lost travellers - not just reading off online map instructions, but on-the-street knowledge. The turnpike split is very confusing to outsiders.
7 night family trip Jun 29, 2013
"Good location Bad service"
Positives first - hotel is right next to a bus stop so getting to times square is easy. Also close to Walmart, olive garden etc so groceries/food is no problem. Negatives - very irresponsible hotel staff. On the day we arrived, I called them in the evening about our late arrival. When we got there past midnight we found the room had not been cleaned-up. So 6 of us ( including 2 kids) had the pleasure of watching the receptionist make our beds and clean out the trash himself. On another day, the receptionist informed us that they had run out of most breakfast items in the most unapologetic manner possible. Definitely unprofessional.
3 night family trip Jun 30, 2013
Raj
"Worse Service"
Booked through hotels.com, this disastrous stay started with us waiting 2 hours for our room to be ready (5PM). The room was dirty, the washroom vanity was cracked and washroom was not cleaned (discoloured toilet). Our bedsheets were stained and the service personnel was rude (never putting customers first, no manners). When asked for shampoo/soap, we were told first that we have to wait for it by the receptionist; had to speak to the manager to acquire shampoo/soap. Service was poor and we ended up cancelling our stay there and staying at a nearby hotel after one night.
3 night family trip Jun 27, 2013
MSS
"Great location, but beds are small."
We have chosen to stay in this hotel because of the location and they had room big enough for six adults. We were traveling with two adults and 4 kids. When we went to the room, all the beds were smaller. More like two full size bed (smaller than a full size), and twin sofa bed. They must be talking about big enough for 6 little people. However, the hotel staff, Victor, was wonderful. He was professional, friendly and responsive. When we checked out the hotel, another staff, was rude and wasn't friendly. He didn't seem like he wanted to deal with anyone. That was a turn off. Our room was facing the freeway, so it was very noise. The airconditioning unit was loud and half broken. We didn't sleep well at all while we were staying. The location was great though. We parked our car and took the bus to the city, just around the corner. There is a mall nearby where you can go to restaurants and see a movie.
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
we stay there for 4 days in June 2013, during our stay the room was never cleaned, the breakfast is fictional. Location to reach New York is very good, you can get in Port Authority with the bus line 320
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
"Our stay in Secaucus"
My wife and I stayed to nights at Extended Stay America, and enjoyed every moment. Victor, the young man with whom we dealt with at the desk, went out of his way to be helpful. At the very least, he deserves an increase in salary and a promotion.
Response by Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area
Theodore - Thank you so much for the wonderful review you posted about your stay in our hotel! I am delighted to hear that you and your Wife found our staff to be so responsive to your needs, especially Victor. I will definitely let the entire team know how happy you were with their friendly service. As well, I am glad to hear that the bus stop outside our hotel made for easier travels. Again, we thank you for your kind words, and we certainly hope that you will return to Extended Stay America next time you are in the area.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
Theodore
"Good beds terrible sofabeds"
I had to change the room twice in order to get a better one. The beds in these room are really good but the sofa beds are in bad shape.
4 night business trip May 30, 2013
Nolides
"Pleasantly Surprised"
I didn't expect the hotel to be so convenient and clean. Very helpful and curteous staff. Would definately stat there again if I needed an extended stay.
Response by Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff treated you well, our location was convenient for your needs and that you found our hotel to be clean overall. Once more, thank you for posting your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
7 night trip May 18, 2013
"Wonderful!!!!!"
Nice location and great staff
Response by Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area
Thank you for posting a review about your wonderful stay. I am very happy to hear that you liked our location and that you found our staff to be so great! I am truly proud of my team for making your trip a good one. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future!
3 night family trip Apr 26, 2013
"great location, good stay-would come again"
This was our first try at an extended stay. It was a positive experience. We have since stayed at another, and it could not match our experience at this one. It was clean, well-maintained and the staff was helpful. The location is awesome and there are many activities and restaurants within walking distance. We would stay again.
4 night trip Mar 14, 2013
"Great for going to New York"
Staff was very friendly. Gave us perfect directions on using the bus to and from the city. Rooms were clean. Nice area.
Other trip Mar 31, 2013
Ultimately this place was very clean and front desk clerks were very friendly. With surrounding road work was a little confusing to get to but once we were there it a very convenient location, near movie theater, well know dining locations and nice little shops. I would stay again, and recommend this location.
1 night business trip Mar 22, 2013
Their service required much improvement...upon arrival we were told our room was overbooked, the second day we were locked out of our rooms and told we needed to switch rooms. Towels were never replaced, even though I requested clean ones. Garbage was never taken out and we were there for 4 nights, beds were never made. I would not return to one of Extended Stay Hotels again
4 night family trip Dec 29, 2012
"they dont do clean room service dayly"
becarful this brand of hotels never clean the rooms dayly...if you going to spend more than one nigth they wont do room service dayly
2 night business trip Dec 11, 2012
me
"Very awesome hotel, very bad accessibility to NYC"
No direct public transit to NYC, we spent more on cabs than on hotel rooms.
1 night trip Oct 27, 2012
"Clean and convenient location"
Very clean and very friendly staff. Great option when you need to be near NYC and don't want to pay manhattan prices.
Other trip Oct 23, 2012
Erika
"Awesome!"
We had a blast and the hotel was great!
3 night family trip Aug 31, 2012
Hotel staff were very accomodating. Despite a mix up (by Expedia, apparently)in the type of room I had reserved, staff were apologetic and took care of our needs immediately by giving us the room I had reserved. Everyone was polite and communicative and helpful. Thank you very much.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2012
"Extremely relaxing"
Excellent! Will definitely stay there again.
1 night trip with friends Jul 28, 2012
Lori
"Broken/Bad Service Hotel"
Upon arriving at the hotel room (302) the towel rack was broken and nicely put on top of the toilet seat, the ice machine did not work, I had to manually make ice, the ironing board did not close, the air condition did not work properly, and to top it off the room was never refreshed. The pool was never ready, it was closed all the time. We stayed from 07/17/12 to 07/23/12, I asked several times for my room to be refreshed and the answer from the staff was ok, your room is on the scheduled to be refreshed today but after arriving late at night I had to ask for dishwashing detergent and paper toilet, the towels were never replaced cause they did not have clean towels and we were forced to use the same ones for 7days. I gave my complains to a staff member and the excuse she gave me on the refreshing of the room was "THAT THE OTHER PEOPLE WERE CHECKING OUT LATE AND THE DIRTY ROOMS ARE CLEAN FIRST FOR THE NEW CLIENTS TO COME IN, AND IF THEY DON'T HAVE TIME THE ROOMS DON'T GET REFRESHED." SO ALL THIS TELLS ME IS THAT FIRST TIME MONEY COMES FIRSt AND THERE EXPERTISE IS "BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND BAD SERVICE". The hotel changed it's name when I was there but they still have the same address, I would never stay here againnnnnnnnnnn!
Other trip Jul 24, 2012
Nurse D
Clean and Friendly staff. Under construction which no one mentioned, very noisy, no vending machines(at mid night the lady told me I would have to go to walmart for a drink). I booked this hotel for the pool for my 7yr old, no one had told me the pool was closed for the construction.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2012

"Good Hotel to book with other website than hotels!"
I want to thank the good service of Extended Stay America. They saved our trip in New York. But, I will never book another room with hotels because they sell room for 2 max 3 for 4 adults and the hotel Extended Stay America complain but they continue to do it and ruin the stay of the people!!!!!
3 night trip with friends Dec 30, 2014
Khadija
"nice hotel close to new york"
value for money as we visited at the peak time. excellent for not luxury conscious peple like us where we could cook on our own. a neat and clean place.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
sanjay
"just what you need"
Was fine. Just the elevator wasnt working
2 night trip with friends Dec 26, 2014
Josue
MX
"I would not recommend this hotel"
I would not recommend this hotel because of the following: 1. When we asked questions to the receptionist, she did not bother to look for answers. Even when we asked for nearby restaurants, she could not answer. 2. We reserved for 4 people and when we arrived, (a) There were things (like towels) for 3 people and we add to asked for missing items (blankets, etc.). Also, the sofa-bed was not done and we had to asked for sheets, blankets and do the bed ourselves. 3. I forgot my electric shaver when leaving and I they could not tell me if they got it or not. 4. The fire alarm started at 3am because the trigger was pulled in the corridor by a kid! 5. The included breakfeast included apples, coffee, hot water, otmeal and that was it. Oh yes + muffins the 1st day only of our 2-day stay. 6. Honestly, it did not appear that the room was cleaned when we arrived, including the bathroom. The only thing we appreciated in this hotel is the location, near meadowlands plaza and close to NYC.
2 night trip Aug 5, 2014
Philippe C.
"convienient for bus service"
hotel quality was poor and service non-existent. sofa bed was a single but room rated for 4 people. bedding and kitchen equipment had to be collected. Elevator out of order on check-out day . you get what you pay for !!
3 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
Phil
"Good quality for the price"
I was pleasantly suprised by the hotel after I read the reviews. The staff was nice, room were clean and the location if you want to go downtown by bus, is fantastic. Obviously, don't expect a 5 stars hotel when you pay this price. The breakfast is mostly muffins and coffee to go, there's not a lot of staff, we stayed 2 nights and the room has not been cleaned after the first night. But generally speaking, it's good.
2 night family trip Jul 27, 2014
Martin
"Easy access to NYC"
Perfect location to travel to New York City with a lot lower rates. Bus 320 to the Port Authority is right outside the door and is only a 15 minute ride depending on traffic. The hotel is very nice, clean and comfortable. The staff was pleasant. It is in an upscale, professional neighbourhood with other hotels and shopping and I felt very safe.
3 night trip May 11, 2014
Jan
"Practicle and easy to travel to NYC"
Practicle and easy to travel to NYC. Bus path in front of hotel
Response by Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area
Catheryne - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am happy to see that the public transit in our area was convenient for your trip to New York City. We greatly appreciate your comments, and we hope you will return to our hotel next time you are in the area.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
Catheryne
"Comfortable and clean"
Accommodated our large family very well. Our last night in the USA and our best sleep.
Response by Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I’m so pleased to hear that we provided you with a clean, comfortable stay. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Mar 12, 2014
"Very average"
Not a breakfast. Room seemed unclean. Staff not interested.
Response by Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am disappointed that your stay with us was up to our and your standard. I am extremely displeased Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I have met with my staff to retrain on our responsiveness to our guests and to make sure that we are upholding a high standard of cleanliness. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at the hotel. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
"Very convenient for visiting NYC"
Location is great, bus station is very close to go to NYC. Lot of restaurants and shops very close at a walking distance. Only negative point is equipment of the room, not easy to actually eat and live there...few forks, knives, ... Rooms are cleaned only if you stay longer than 5 days.
4 night family trip Aug 1, 2013
Jerome M.
"Great Hotel for family."
Nice Hotel and a bus spot near which takes you to New York. Shopping are near the Hotel.
Response by Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area
Singh - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff provided you with such friendly service and that you found our location to be convenient. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
Singh
"Not as advertised"
Booked this hotel through hotels.com and i requested a crib for my 1 year old son. Upon arrival i was told that they do not provide cribs and it was not there fault as they had tried to tell hotels.com that they do not provide such a servive. I then asked what was i to do with my son to which i was given an answer of shrugged shoulders. The receptionist then proceeded to tell me other things that hotels.com put on line about them which is not true or accurate. Really not my concern. I would not have booked this hotel had i known there was no crib. I had to push the bed to the wall which was near the window . The room was not very clean either. N\My son had been in the room less than 5 minutes when i noticed blond hair between his fingers from crawling on the floor. definitely not from my family who all have black afro`s.
Response by Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. Please accept our most sincere apologies for not having a crib available for your child. Please know, I have also addressed the issue with the level of cleanliness in your room with our staff, and we will certainly strive to make improvements in this area in the future. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
2 night family trip Aug 2, 2013
MX
Mattress no good
Response by Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that you felt the mattress was not comfortable so that we can correct the issue. Our maintenance staff is currently looking into this so that our future guests are not affected. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon!
2 night trip Aug 2, 2013
"Money well spent on a trip to NYC"
We booked for 2 night (June 25&26 th 2013) as we spent 2 days in NYC before embarking on a cruise. For what we needed, it was perfect. Hotel is located adjacent to a huge mall and group of restaurants and different stores so shoppers can have a go at it if the want to. But the best of it is that bus 320 is taking you directly at the door of the hotel to Port Authority Bus Station about a 3 blocks away from Time Square. If you board the bus on rush hour trip will take you about an hour, if not....you'ill be there in 20 minutes tops. We loved the small appliances/kitchen as we could figure out our own breakfast before leaving in the morning. We will definitely be back.
2 night family trip Jun 25, 2013
Hubert
"Nice overnight hotel"
Big room and clean!!! Worth the experience
2 night trip Jun 10, 2013