All hotels in Montego Bay, Jamaica

"False adviertised"
Since the first day i had lots of problem in the room,I had broken clock and safe and staff never fix the problem also the fire alarm made weird sounds at nite couldnt get a nice sleep.The food ok but not great no air inside the dinning room so you sweat while eating.The lobby was not kept well maintained. This hotel need a lots of improvement. Well i wouldnt recomend this hotel to anyone.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
anthony
"Overall nice resort"
No complaints at all, We really enjoyed ourselves and are planning to return next year.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
"Older hotel need updating"
The bathroom was dirty looking, towels dingy and dirty looking. rooms located to far from main building. Ask for room change due to my mom having arthritis in knees they did not accommodate
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"Nice hotel close to beach and hip strip"
Staff great, management sucked, food mediocre.. Hotel needs up keeping.. This is my second trip to Decameron and at this point I only go for the friendly staff.. Management needs to invest profits back in their property.. This is probably gonna be another run down hotel in a few years.. Rooms need improvement
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
sham
"Birthday weekend getaway"
My stay at the Decameron was very good. The food and drinks were very tasty. Staff were friendly and the rooms were clean. They do not have motorized activities, however; you can wind surf, kyak, and snorkel. Kids are welcome. If your look for a place to get away and relax, I suggest you give them a try.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
tracy
"Ok stay"
The hallway was completely dark at night,I was so scared to walk back to my room...the tile floors could use so upgrading,but overall the grounds are nice,the buffet was ok,the bed was comfortable and the balcony is gorgeous.
1 night trip Jul 7, 2014
Devon
"Nice hotel for the price. Beautiful location"
The hotel itself was nice, right on the beautiful crystal blue water. Most of the staff was very nice, but some need to smile a bit more and "fake" that they actually like their job. Breakfast at the buffet was great.. The other meals were OK. Drinks were adequate (depending on the bar/bartender). Overall, my boyfriend and I had a great time and would go back.
Kristine
"Nice all inclusive hotel on the beach"
I was upgraded to a sunset room which is away from the main hotel and music. I wanted to be in a quiet section and was pleased with my room watching the sunset in the evenings. The food is varied with a couple of local dishes and all we're very tasty. The staff in the dining area are the best, they are attentive and always pleasant.
Judy
"Just ok"
I have no issues with this hotel EXCEPT the 6hrs we had to wait to check in!!!! Check in is supposed to be 3.......so if your staying at this resort, I hope you have better luck with that. Also the hotel staff (dealing with anyone at the front desk) is a job. The food was just ok, the drinks were bottom shelf. But you get what you pay for (and we knew this going in). So all-in-all it was just ok.....
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
"Honeymoon!!!; We were very disappointed in the beh"
Honeymoon!!! Mr.& Mrs. Albert Tucker Jr., were very disappointed in staff behavior.. Upon approaching our room, there were two twin beds, instead of a king size. The sheets has stains and hair on them. I insisted on clean linen; which wad provided, after housekeeper stated that it was clean. Lefter after hour or so, there appeared to be a manager and was very rude, in regards to signing a paper for room change. I became upset which the behavior and ton of his voice. Therefore I hung up the phone . My husband that we would sign the papers when we go Down stairs. We did so later. Waiters awesome. .
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Disappointed
"Nice relaxing resort"
It was a great resort with nice staff. The cocktails were delicious and food was good.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
tiff
Celebrated my birthday and had a blast. No complaints. All fun and a friendly place. Love it. Will go back.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
gina
"awesome experience"
Loved everything about this hotel except for no free wifi
2 night trip with friends Jun 11, 2014
nafretiriz
"Good vacation place to go"
Perfect, good service, great place to go to relax
3 night family trip Jun 8, 2014
Lola
"Nice resort with a beach"
The resort and staff were very friendly and accomodating. Our room wasn't up to par, but I put that with you pay for what you get. This was the cheapest option I could find in Montego. Only things to complain about were the bathroom walls needed painting as it was peeling off and the room had only one exit door which was the balcony entrance. Oh, the safe didn't have a lock on it either And we really only slept in the room as we were out on the beach, in the pool, eating at the tasty buffets, participating in the numerous activities they offered daily, or off the grounds shopping on the hip strip and downtown. So, overall I gave it an OK rating.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
"No worries..."
This was my husband and my second visit and again we were not disappointed. There were upgrades in the food and entertainment, and more interactive activities. Food very good and authentic,my only complaint is some of the waitstaff could use a little more customer service training.... Will return
Other trip May 30, 2014
mitchell
"Great resort!"
Very impressed with the Royal Decameron Montego Beach all inclusive resort! The Entertainment Staff is excellent! They made the stay much more fun and enjoyable. They were always checking on the guests to make sure that there is "No Problem Mon!" The nightly shows were top-notch and tons of fun! They also do daily activities (games, trivia, aquasize, etc.) by the pool. They get the crowd involved, which is always fun - lots of laughing, singing, and dancing! Some (VERY FEW) of the staff members do not enjoy their jobs, and this was apparent, which was slightly discouraging, but overall, everyone was friendly and welcoming. It is a beautiful property with many different options for fun and/or relaxation. The food was average, and exactly what I would expect from an all-inclusive resort. There was something for everyone - very good salad, veggie, and fruit options. Everything was very fresh, and the bartenders make a mean bloody mary! There is no food available between 5:00-6:30PM, which I found strange at an all-inclusive - non-stop drinking tends to go best with non-stop eating! The rooms are a little outdated, but again, exactly what I expected - they were clean, and comfortable, which is all you really need in paradise. I would certainly recommend this resort to others.
Other trip May 29, 2014
Nichole
Great experience great food . Friendly environment . Close to airport . Had an amazing time
Other trip May 19, 2014
lovesme
"The ocean front view, my wife and I had was great"
This was me and my wife's second time at the Royal Decameron, and we once again "enjoyed our experience" in Jamaica.
Other trip May 18, 2014
Dwight
"Nice hotel, close to the airport and shopping."
This was my fifth time staying at this hotel, and was not disappointed.
Other trip May 17, 2014
sharon
"Poor service"
Stayed there for 2 nights in early may 2014. I was forced to "upgrade" as the room requested was stink of cigarette smoke and I had requested non-smoking. I was told there were no other rooms so I had to pay to stay in another room on the property and was charged $80 extra for the two nights. Left numerous messages for manager who never returned my call. Food mediocre.
Other trip May 15, 2014
Beautiful place water and the food. The disappointment was the people asking for tips it felt like I was there to work more then relax because all my money went to the people asking for the tips
Other trip May 14, 2014
steph
Stay was very good over all
2 night trip with friends May 10, 2014
Arrived 5/4/14 with my sisters we had requested rooms with double beds. We were assigned rooms far away from each other but the front desk staff corrected this immediately. The rooms were clean the beds were comfortable. I had no issues with maid service but my sister did. Her room was not cleaned for two days. This was simply miss communication due to room change.The staff was excellent!!! There was plenty to do at the hotel from sunrise to sun set. I plan to return again.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"great Entertainment package"
It was ok. We did not like our room when we checked in, however, we were given another one the next day, it was somewhat better. Love the entertainment, the view and the food was good. Need to have though a designated area for smokers, they were everywhere and I find it was affecting others who like myself doesn't smoke. Rooms could do with a little sprucing up also they should think about putting kettles in the rooms. Servers need to be more efficient when pouring etc. All in all we did enjoy our stay :)
6 night romance trip Apr 23, 2014
P. B.
"Loved It!"
I absolutely loved my stay here! My best friend and I truly enjoyed it. The entertainment staff was GREAT! Sadiki, AJ, Lisa, and Chedda were my favorites. They had fun, interactive activities and good entertainment at night. I liked a few of the bartenders: Fitzroy, Lanford, and Chris. They were great :-). The food is mediocre, but they have a variety at the buffet so you're bound to find something to your liking. The room was ok. We had a great view of the ocean so I can't complain much. Overall, I loved our stay and I would definitely stay here again!
Other trip May 9, 2014
Shavone
"Very nice hotel with excellent ocean front rooms"
Our stay was excellent. It was fun interacting with the entertainment staff and bartenders.
Other trip May 4, 2014
"Nice inexpensive all-inclusive"
Extremely friendly staff made our stay very enjoyable. The beaches and restaurants were not crowded at all. The variety of food gave us a taste of the island and there was an endless supply of rum
Other trip May 3, 2014
"Fun Crew!"
Overall stay was awesome. Food selection was great. Location is perfect, very close to MBJ airport. The Fun Crew was very entertaining and made our stay worth every night. The rooms are a bit outdated but very reasonable price. We will definitely stay there again.
5 night romance trip Apr 17, 2014
Courtney
"get out of the snow!!"
We wanted a warm, sunny , relaxing vacation, and that is what we got!! The hotel was what we expected, room large, clean, with an uncluttered tropical feel. Going through customs at the Montego Bay airport was slow and crowded. It took about 75 minutes to snake through the line. We stayed at the resort except for a quick trip down the street to a couple of tourist shops. The street was pretty seedy looking, and we were constantly being asked to come into someone's shop- but no one was rude. .We just said "no, thank you' and kept moving. Our patio door lock was broken, so we used my husband's belt to secure the door handles at night. I advise following the sign that says 'wear beach shoes' in the ocean. I ignored it and stepped on a sea urchin. The spines broke off in my heel and were very painful. Staff helped apply something that took out the sting and dissolved the spines. The glass-bottomed boat was wonderful -our captain's name was Reba. Snorkelled off the boat.
Dick
"Great place to stay!"
I would really rather keep this place a secret. The food is fabulous. The room was large and clean. The beach is crystal clear. The staff is friendly and provide great entertainment.
Gil
"Had a great time!!"
I really liked it. A small resort but well enough for me and my kids to enjoy. I like the buffet and desserts were great also.
"Relaxing Stay"
I loved my recent stay at Decameron. The decor at the hotel was very unique and made me feel like I was getting the "real Jamaican" resort stay. The staff seems to alternate daily duties so the person who is your bartender one day will more than likely be your waiter the next day, and you may later see them helping out with laundry later in the day etc. They were all very pleasant, attentive and answered any/all questions I had. The beach accompanied with the hotel is small and intimate but pleasant because it wasn't overcrowded like the bigger resorts.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
Shari
"Nice close to the beach"
This Hotel was nice with a mostly friendly staff. Some staff were rude when it came to offering service. I found the Entertainment staff to be very friendly and was very helpful in making sure we had a good time. Hotel needs renovation and need updated with rooms that need new curtains and broken lamps.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"Excellent resort!"
This was our second trip to the Royal Decameron in Montego Bay (obviously our first trip was great or we would not have returned). Our first trip was just my fiancée and myself, this time we were accompanied by 3 family members. The resort was better than the first time we went as they had added amenities. The food was great and they have numerous options and themes every day. The restaurant had an amazing steak dinner that we went back for a second time. The staff is friendly, entertainment is alright and the resort is always clean. We recommend taking a trip by foot down to margaritaville and enjoy the water slide.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"Mind recharging"
My wife and I went to recharge our minds and bodies. We did.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
".. Good hotel"
Had a blast .. Wasn't expecting how much fun .. Didnt won't to leave
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
rj
"This hotel was nice,the beach and water was fine."
We had a great time with friends we went with, and also people we meet there. The food was good with lots of it almost any time of day. Hot water was an issue for a few days, but that cleared up. I would go back there agian.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
"Birthday Getaway With My Girls"
This is an older resort but it is clean, the hotel staff was always cleaning from the time we woke up until we went to bed someone was cleaning. The food was great, the views are amazing, soon as you walk through the front door you see the water.. We were going to stay at the sandals but ended up here, after we walked in I was glad we decided to stay It was great, the staff was great, I will be returning. If you go here you have to try the dirty banana drink and margaritaville, its amazing... Love This Place..
3 night trip with friends Apr 4, 2014
Anntionette
"Scenic location, meh facility"
Pros: Great sprawling beach and reefs, promenade, gazebos, well maintained grounds. Not too crowded. Great dance troupe. Cons: Staff answered most questions with "I don't know" (i.e. where are the tennis courts?), dirty towels, dark rooms, bland food. Other than dance troupe, lacking entertainment.
Other trip Apr 10, 2014
Lume
"Amazing Views"
Second time at Royal Decameron and yes I would return again extremely close to airport so was able to start my vacay right away. Ocean Water is crystal clear weather was great never even bothered going to the pool spent my days on the beach. Rooms are nice and big but basic then again who spends much time in their room on vacation. This resort has the best price for an all inclusive in Montego Bay the Staff was nice quick check in, We Stayed in the Sunset building views were incredible. Food was actually better this time around I was last there in 2012. Overall had a great time and I would definitely return
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
blondie
"Everything's by the water"
Good service, good food. Never have to wait for anything except shower towels. Definitely enough space for everyone to enjoy their privacy.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Nice Hotel with GREAT location"
3 Star but it has have everything a person could want...
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
"great hotel location"
The staff was great! From the front desk, wait staff, bars and water sports. Our room was never made up 'til about three P.M. and no towels. We called for more towels and notified the maid, but she had none on the cart. The water supply was terrible; the shower went from a spray to a trickle, three out of the five days there.
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
BOB
"Beautiful"
This resort is for you if you want a low key, easy going setting. I enjoyed every bit of the vacation. Small quaint resort, good people, great food!!
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"Very friendly staff."
Had a very enjoyable stay the last week March 2014. I will probably visit that hotel again in the next couple of years.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
"Lots of waterfront."
We spent five days in April. The hotel is made up almost entirely of ocean-front rooms. There are five different swimming areas. Some with sandy bottoms and others with coral and rocks, which are great for snorkeling. We even saw two sting rays. Staff was excellent, efficient, and friendly. Tipping is not necessary, but always appreciated. Water pressure was good and plenty of hot water was available. The restaurant was solid, particularly the jerk chicken. The buffet was fine. It was a buffet, I don't expect much. There was fresh fruit and always something (omelettes, ribs, stir fry) that was being cooked and served fresh. There were always plenty of chairs and other spaces available for lounging.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
basa13
"Four stars for the price"
We were pleasantly surprised with this place. Went there for grad school spring break with my girlfriend and we had a great time. We had no problems checking in or getting the room we wanted (ocean view). The grounds were well kept and bigger than expected with tons of spots to lounge. Food was pretty good with a lot of options but nothing fancy. The room was a little bare and the bed was very uncomfortable but it was clean with daily maid service. For the price we paid we were very happy.