All hotels in Montego Bay, Jamaica
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2 Gloucester Avenue, Montego Bay, Saint James, Jamaica, ‏‎800-491-6126

"awesome experience"
Loved everything about this hotel except for no free wifi
2 night trip with friends Jun 11, 2014
nafretiriz
"Good vacation place to go"
Perfect, good service, great place to go to relax
3 night family trip Jun 8, 2014
Lola
"Nice resort with a beach"
The resort and staff were very friendly and accomodating. Our room wasn't up to par, but I put that with you pay for what you get. This was the cheapest option I could find in Montego. Only things to complain about were the bathroom walls needed painting as it was peeling off and the room had only one exit door which was the balcony entrance. Oh, the safe didn't have a lock on it either And we really only slept in the room as we were out on the beach, in the pool, eating at the tasty buffets, participating in the numerous activities they offered daily, or off the grounds shopping on the hip strip and downtown. So, overall I gave it an OK rating.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
"No worries..."
This was my husband and my second visit and again we were not disappointed. There were upgrades in the food and entertainment, and more interactive activities. Food very good and authentic,my only complaint is some of the waitstaff could use a little more customer service training.... Will return
Other trip May 30, 2014
mitchell
"Great resort!"
Very impressed with the Royal Decameron Montego Beach all inclusive resort! The Entertainment Staff is excellent! They made the stay much more fun and enjoyable. They were always checking on the guests to make sure that there is "No Problem Mon!" The nightly shows were top-notch and tons of fun! They also do daily activities (games, trivia, aquasize, etc.) by the pool. They get the crowd involved, which is always fun - lots of laughing, singing, and dancing! Some (VERY FEW) of the staff members do not enjoy their jobs, and this was apparent, which was slightly discouraging, but overall, everyone was friendly and welcoming. It is a beautiful property with many different options for fun and/or relaxation. The food was average, and exactly what I would expect from an all-inclusive resort. There was something for everyone - very good salad, veggie, and fruit options. Everything was very fresh, and the bartenders make a mean bloody mary! There is no food available between 5:00-6:30PM, which I found strange at an all-inclusive - non-stop drinking tends to go best with non-stop eating! The rooms are a little outdated, but again, exactly what I expected - they were clean, and comfortable, which is all you really need in paradise. I would certainly recommend this resort to others.
Other trip May 29, 2014
Nichole
Great experience great food . Friendly environment . Close to airport . Had an amazing time
Other trip May 19, 2014
lovesme
"The ocean front view, my wife and I had was great"
This was me and my wife's second time at the Royal Decameron, and we once again "enjoyed our experience" in Jamaica.
Other trip May 18, 2014
Dwight
"Nice hotel, close to the airport and shopping."
This was my fifth time staying at this hotel, and was not disappointed.
Other trip May 17, 2014
sharon
"Poor service"
Stayed there for 2 nights in early may 2014. I was forced to "upgrade" as the room requested was stink of cigarette smoke and I had requested non-smoking. I was told there were no other rooms so I had to pay to stay in another room on the property and was charged $80 extra for the two nights. Left numerous messages for manager who never returned my call. Food mediocre.
Other trip May 15, 2014
Beautiful place water and the food. The disappointment was the people asking for tips it felt like I was there to work more then relax because all my money went to the people asking for the tips
Other trip May 14, 2014
steph
Stay was very good over all
2 night trip with friends May 10, 2014
Arrived 5/4/14 with my sisters we had requested rooms with double beds. We were assigned rooms far away from each other but the front desk staff corrected this immediately. The rooms were clean the beds were comfortable. I had no issues with maid service but my sister did. Her room was not cleaned for two days. This was simply miss communication due to room change.The staff was excellent!!! There was plenty to do at the hotel from sunrise to sun set. I plan to return again.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"great Entertainment package"
It was ok. We did not like our room when we checked in, however, we were given another one the next day, it was somewhat better. Love the entertainment, the view and the food was good. Need to have though a designated area for smokers, they were everywhere and I find it was affecting others who like myself doesn't smoke. Rooms could do with a little sprucing up also they should think about putting kettles in the rooms. Servers need to be more efficient when pouring etc. All in all we did enjoy our stay :)
6 night romance trip Apr 23, 2014
P. B.
"Loved It!"
I absolutely loved my stay here! My best friend and I truly enjoyed it. The entertainment staff was GREAT! Sadiki, AJ, Lisa, and Chedda were my favorites. They had fun, interactive activities and good entertainment at night. I liked a few of the bartenders: Fitzroy, Lanford, and Chris. They were great :-). The food is mediocre, but they have a variety at the buffet so you're bound to find something to your liking. The room was ok. We had a great view of the ocean so I can't complain much. Overall, I loved our stay and I would definitely stay here again!
Other trip May 9, 2014
Shavone
"Very nice hotel with excellent ocean front rooms"
Our stay was excellent. It was fun interacting with the entertainment staff and bartenders.
Other trip May 4, 2014
"Nice inexpensive all-inclusive"
Extremely friendly staff made our stay very enjoyable. The beaches and restaurants were not crowded at all. The variety of food gave us a taste of the island and there was an endless supply of rum
Other trip May 3, 2014
"Fun Crew!"
Overall stay was awesome. Food selection was great. Location is perfect, very close to MBJ airport. The Fun Crew was very entertaining and made our stay worth every night. The rooms are a bit outdated but very reasonable price. We will definitely stay there again.
5 night romance trip Apr 17, 2014
Courtney
"get out of the snow!!"
We wanted a warm, sunny , relaxing vacation, and that is what we got!! The hotel was what we expected, room large, clean, with an uncluttered tropical feel. Going through customs at the Montego Bay airport was slow and crowded. It took about 75 minutes to snake through the line. We stayed at the resort except for a quick trip down the street to a couple of tourist shops. The street was pretty seedy looking, and we were constantly being asked to come into someone's shop- but no one was rude. .We just said "no, thank you' and kept moving. Our patio door lock was broken, so we used my husband's belt to secure the door handles at night. I advise following the sign that says 'wear beach shoes' in the ocean. I ignored it and stepped on a sea urchin. The spines broke off in my heel and were very painful. Staff helped apply something that took out the sting and dissolved the spines. The glass-bottomed boat was wonderful -our captain's name was Reba. Snorkelled off the boat.
Dick
"Great place to stay!"
I would really rather keep this place a secret. The food is fabulous. The room was large and clean. The beach is crystal clear. The staff is friendly and provide great entertainment.
Gil
"Had a great time!!"
I really liked it. A small resort but well enough for me and my kids to enjoy. I like the buffet and desserts were great also.
"Relaxing Stay"
I loved my recent stay at Decameron. The decor at the hotel was very unique and made me feel like I was getting the "real Jamaican" resort stay. The staff seems to alternate daily duties so the person who is your bartender one day will more than likely be your waiter the next day, and you may later see them helping out with laundry later in the day etc. They were all very pleasant, attentive and answered any/all questions I had. The beach accompanied with the hotel is small and intimate but pleasant because it wasn't overcrowded like the bigger resorts.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
Shari
"Nice close to the beach"
This Hotel was nice with a mostly friendly staff. Some staff were rude when it came to offering service. I found the Entertainment staff to be very friendly and was very helpful in making sure we had a good time. Hotel needs renovation and need updated with rooms that need new curtains and broken lamps.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"Excellent resort!"
This was our second trip to the Royal Decameron in Montego Bay (obviously our first trip was great or we would not have returned). Our first trip was just my fiancée and myself, this time we were accompanied by 3 family members. The resort was better than the first time we went as they had added amenities. The food was great and they have numerous options and themes every day. The restaurant had an amazing steak dinner that we went back for a second time. The staff is friendly, entertainment is alright and the resort is always clean. We recommend taking a trip by foot down to margaritaville and enjoy the water slide.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"Mind recharging"
My wife and I went to recharge our minds and bodies. We did.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
".. Good hotel"
Had a blast .. Wasn't expecting how much fun .. Didnt won't to leave
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
rj
"This hotel was nice,the beach and water was fine."
We had a great time with friends we went with, and also people we meet there. The food was good with lots of it almost any time of day. Hot water was an issue for a few days, but that cleared up. I would go back there agian.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
"Birthday Getaway With My Girls"
This is an older resort but it is clean, the hotel staff was always cleaning from the time we woke up until we went to bed someone was cleaning. The food was great, the views are amazing, soon as you walk through the front door you see the water.. We were going to stay at the sandals but ended up here, after we walked in I was glad we decided to stay It was great, the staff was great, I will be returning. If you go here you have to try the dirty banana drink and margaritaville, its amazing... Love This Place..
3 night trip with friends Apr 4, 2014
Anntionette
"Scenic location, meh facility"
Pros: Great sprawling beach and reefs, promenade, gazebos, well maintained grounds. Not too crowded. Great dance troupe. Cons: Staff answered most questions with "I don't know" (i.e. where are the tennis courts?), dirty towels, dark rooms, bland food. Other than dance troupe, lacking entertainment.
Other trip Apr 10, 2014
Lume
"Amazing Views"
Second time at Royal Decameron and yes I would return again extremely close to airport so was able to start my vacay right away. Ocean Water is crystal clear weather was great never even bothered going to the pool spent my days on the beach. Rooms are nice and big but basic then again who spends much time in their room on vacation. This resort has the best price for an all inclusive in Montego Bay the Staff was nice quick check in, We Stayed in the Sunset building views were incredible. Food was actually better this time around I was last there in 2012. Overall had a great time and I would definitely return
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
blondie
"Everything's by the water"
Good service, good food. Never have to wait for anything except shower towels. Definitely enough space for everyone to enjoy their privacy.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Nice Hotel with GREAT location"
3 Star but it has have everything a person could want...
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
"great hotel location"
The staff was great! From the front desk, wait staff, bars and water sports. Our room was never made up 'til about three P.M. and no towels. We called for more towels and notified the maid, but she had none on the cart. The water supply was terrible; the shower went from a spray to a trickle, three out of the five days there.
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
BOB
"Beautiful"
This resort is for you if you want a low key, easy going setting. I enjoyed every bit of the vacation. Small quaint resort, good people, great food!!
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"Very friendly staff."
Had a very enjoyable stay the last week March 2014. I will probably visit that hotel again in the next couple of years.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
"Lots of waterfront."
We spent five days in April. The hotel is made up almost entirely of ocean-front rooms. There are five different swimming areas. Some with sandy bottoms and others with coral and rocks, which are great for snorkeling. We even saw two sting rays. Staff was excellent, efficient, and friendly. Tipping is not necessary, but always appreciated. Water pressure was good and plenty of hot water was available. The restaurant was solid, particularly the jerk chicken. The buffet was fine. It was a buffet, I don't expect much. There was fresh fruit and always something (omelettes, ribs, stir fry) that was being cooked and served fresh. There were always plenty of chairs and other spaces available for lounging.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
basa13
"Four stars for the price"
We were pleasantly surprised with this place. Went there for grad school spring break with my girlfriend and we had a great time. We had no problems checking in or getting the room we wanted (ocean view). The grounds were well kept and bigger than expected with tons of spots to lounge. Food was pretty good with a lot of options but nothing fancy. The room was a little bare and the bed was very uncomfortable but it was clean with daily maid service. For the price we paid we were very happy.
brian
"Needs a lot of maintenance"
This was my second stay at this hotel, it was decent the first time, that why i came back a year and a half later, its pretty trashy! First the towels were all (filthy) grey, and were supposed to be white! The toilet was constantly flowing and was very loud, and flushing on its own. the second night in, the toilet overflowed and soaked the entire room. I took them three hours to come clean it after complaining multiple times. Their excuse was that they had the same problem with another room, (3 hours though). unacceptable! Drinks, food, and entertainment staff were good. Front desk staff needs a attitude adjustment, all of them!
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
Glenda
"2nd time at the Decameron"
2nd time there good food & fun enjoyed my stay. Will be returning next year
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
Butcher
"Not a Pleasant Experience"
We booked a room with a king bed, but they didn't have such a room available when we arrived. The room they gave us was next to the outdoor performance area where they performed loud live music until 2:00 AM. So the next morning we asked if we could be moved to a quieter room. We had to check out of the first room by noon, but then they kept our luggage in storage until the next room was ready at 3:45 PM. We stayed in that room because my friend didn't want to move again, but the air conditioner didn't work at all, the room had moldy curtains and a strong smell of mildew (even the Giddeon Bible in the drawer was covered in greenish-yellow mold), there was no hot water (not even warm), and again no king bed. When I wanted to go snorkeling, the water activities person told me that they only had a couple of masks and both were loaned out -- so I never could go snorkeling even though the hotel boasts that it provides free snorkeling equipment as part of its all-inclusive package. I purchased a Wi-Fi package from the hotel so that I could check my email and check-in with the airline for our departure, but the clock kept running on the package even though I was told by the front desk that it wouldn't, and so I only got 20 minutes worth of usage out of a very costly Wi-Fi price. On the plus side, the food was good and the beds were comfortable. Up until this trip, I've always had very good experiences with Hotels.com, but this resort is not up to par.
3 night trip Mar 11, 2014
Steve E
We paid more for an Ocean View and upon arriving the one room that looked out into a huge evergreen tree and 2 Palm trees was ours and we couldn't see much of the ocean. I went to talk to them and they said it was just the luck of the draw!! I was a little upset at that! Also, our room safe didn't even have and lock and therefore was not useable. The bathroom was clean but very old and tired, it wouldn't take much to upgrade a few of the amenities and it would improve the Resort a lot!
"great place"
just got back went in march 2014 loved everything the food was great, rooms were clean, everyone was friendly from the time we got there till the time we left
Other trip Mar 15, 2014
"Nice beach, laid back atmosphere, hip strip"
Not a huge college party scene at this one. Very laid back and relaxing. Rooms are pretty average fare, similar to a hostel. Most people working are friendly... bartenders can seem grumpy at times, but never a problem. It's located on the hip strip, which might be attractive to some, but we found it pretty sketchy and unpleasant and stuck to the resort and day trips mostly.
Nick
"Perfect for quick trip!"
My husband and I just stayed 3/7 - 3/12 and found most reviews we'd read to be accurate - both good and bad. Could definitely use some updating, but overall a clean, comfortable resort. It's not the Ritz, so don't expect that and you'll walk away happy. Nice and small, so it's not too crowded, always plenty of space at beach or pool. Never had to wait too long for a drink - which by the way were GREAT and not watered down like some bigger resorts. Nice location with safe walking to shops, restaurants, and clubs. Wonderful to be so close to airport and not have that long drive to and from. Free shuttle every night to Margaritaville. Great nightly shows. Tasty food choices. We were supposed to have a king bed and as other reviews said, they told us it was unavailable and put us in a room (201) with 2 doubles. We found that we liked that room so well that we stayed in it instead of switching! We liked napping in one bed after being at the pool all day (dirty) and then sleeping at night in the other bed (clean). It was somewhat noisy in 201 as it is above the restaurant and next to the entertainment stage, but the noise died down around 11 pm after the show, so it was acceptable. Plus, the view made up for it! Beautiful view and loved sleeping with the sliding door open to hear waves crashing on the beach. We'd definitely stay here again for a quick getaway, but might try a bigger resort with more amenities for a longer stay.
Other trip Mar 13, 2014
"Beach Pool, Water Sports but Bring Your Own Towel!"
Breath taking views from hotel room of sunrise /sunset on beach. Great blue water clean beach and loads of toys to play in ocean. Water sports including boat ride included in price! Outstanding. Love to have pool option with swim up bar. This was fantastic to choose one or both in the same breathe. Enjoyed water volleyball in pool and our own games in ocean. But please bring your own towel. Not always ready or have enough especially in the morning. We wanted to enjoy every minute but usually had to wait for towels or just forget it. But the weather was so warm, we tried off quicker than a towel could touch us. LOL
Other trip Mar 12, 2014
Meguel "Rider"
"Not worth the price"
This place is not worth the price. The worst thing about it is the service. Though there were a couple exceptions, the staff here are mostly disinterested in their work, and in you as the guest. It takes ages to order a drink at any of the bars, and in the dining room the servers are not attentive. The food is also pretty lame. The a la carte restaurant is a farce - it's the same food as the buffet but with slower service and less selection. The beach is a tiny sliver of artificial sand pitched on a short slope. For a beachfront property, it is a shame that so much of this resort is paved and landscaped into contrived boxes that aren't really beach. Not recommended
2 night trip Mar 3, 2014
Rico
"Noising"
All is OK, except by the fact that I was in room 101 very close to the lobby, guests during my stay met after hotel show which ends 10h30 every night, staying making noising at this place up to 1h30 am, not respecting the other guests. The hotel staff could do something to avoid it.
Other trip Mar 6, 2014
Rodnei
"Rough start but ended up GREAT!!!"
When I got to the hotel we got our room right away, so we walk down to room 20, and oh my goodness it WAS double bed, when I made this reservation they knew we were renewing our vows, so a double bed was very disappointing to us, plus that room wasn't that clean. So I went up to the front desk and told them my complaint that that we wasn’t happy with our room, they told me that they will make it right first thing in the morning, which they did. ask I said we renew our wedding vows(20 yrs.) on the beach and when I say it was breath taken!! it was just beautiful!! the wedding planner put ceremony together within 2 days, because she said the person I talked to a month prior never put us on the calendar to get married 03/03/14..so I was really upset and expressed to her that this trip far is not going well. But the hotel corrected all the issue that I was having and I had a wonderful time there!!! Everything was so nice, the worker, the food!!! just have FUN!!! the whole time we were there! I would definitely go back to Decameron to stay
Other trip Mar 5, 2014
Gina
"Pay the extra money and go somewhere else."
A few major problems lead me to not recommend this hotel. After 12+ hours of traveling we arrived on a Saturday at 5pm. I had called the day before to confirm our reservation, so I didn't expect any issues. When we tried to check in, the desk clerk got a confused look on her face, and said guest services would need to check us in. Skeptical, my girlfriend and I waited in the lobby until a woman came and informed us that the hotel had no available rooms, despite our reservation being on the books for 6 months. After 30 more minutes of apologies from the woman and swearing on my part, we realized our only option would be to stay at the ghetto hotel across the street for the first night. We had to cross a busy street and walk three blocks several times over the next day just to get to the hotel. We were told that we would be allowed to check in early the next day, but or course we had to sit in the lobby for another 2 hours with our luggage before being led to our room. The room was not an ocean view room, which we had requested and paid for, but at this point I was too tired to argue and didn't care. We scheduled a 5 night stay, and 20% of this was essentially ruined because they did not have a room ready for us. I still can't believe how unprofessional and unprepared this hotel was.
Other trip Mar 1, 2014