All hotels in Montego Bay, Jamaica

Awesome vibe
  • Bar and Beverages
    Bar is awesome
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
    Room is all right
    Bad internet service
"Affordable All-Inclusive Resort right on the Beach"
This was my second stay at the Royal Decameron in Montego Beach. Location: This resort is on the "Hip Strip". It's home to local shops, a gaming facility, Margaritaville, Hotels, and For-Profit beaches. The resort itself is a 5 minute drive from the Airport, which is great because cab fare is not cheap. Most importantly, while other hotels on the strip have ocean view's, they are not directly on the beach. RDC is right on the ocean. Staff: Both times I've stayed at RDC, the staff was always friendly from the time I checked-in to the time I checked-out. They always made sure to go the "extra mile" for you. Every time you pass a staff member in the hallways, expect a smile and to be asked how your trip is going so far. Food: The food is decent. I liked it, but nothing to brag about. But hey, it's included! For authentic Jamaican cuisine I suggest eating at The Pelican or The Pork Pit on the Hip Strip at least one day on your trip. Families: I'd say the majority of guests are couples and groups of friends. While kids may enjoy snorkeling or playing in the sand, there isn't much to do for younger children here. That was okay with me as I was looking for a quieter environment. There is another resort in Mo' Bay with slides and kiddie pools. Not included in the all-inclusive Package: Wi-Fi, Transportation, outside excursions. Also note: No ATM on site. There is an on-site Travel Agent to help you book day trips. Overall, I enjoyed both times and would stay there again!
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
Jamaica
"Right on the Caribbean Sea"
Hotel was great , easy to make dinner reservation. Weather was perfect so that always helps. We had the garden view room which had a twin bed in the sitting area with a refrigerator ( no charge), A/C, dresser ,TV, large closet, Iron & board. a short hall with a mirror to the bedroom with a king bed , TV and another A/C and large bathroom with tub/shower ,hair dryer, soap & 1 small bottle shampoo & 1 large bottle water for a week stay. Save your water bottle and they will fill it up for you .This is a gated area even the employees cant come back in after their shift. They will meet you outside the gate if you need help going somewhere. Taxi rides are expensive 15.00 one way from airport to this hotel short distance. 25.00 one way to Margaritaville which is in walking distance.They did offer free shuttle to Margaritaville friday night A lot of chairs all day long , free snorkel gear, and non motorized boats. Gym, playground for kids, basketball court, shuffleboard, tennis is across the street and plenty of food and drink. Nice to bring your own cup. Nightly entertainment from 8:30-10:30
"Would stay again!"
We loved our time at Royal DeCameron Montego Bay. It's a relatively smaller resort, but has many things to do and several different beach options. They just opened a new beach that is gorgeous!! The food is ok, desserts are awesome. The employees are the best! Everyone is so pleasant and helpful. SO much fun. We met so many people from all over the world and really had a great time. It's not the top of the line, as in it needs some updates and some things don't work well, but we made do and it was fine. There are several different activities all day long, so you can always find something to do. It's really laid back too. You can dress up or not. They have entertainment every night that is pretty darn good and always entertaining. Be careful if you decide to participate. :) All the servers are great and the bartenders do a great job. The front desk is always helpful and friendly. It's location is great too. You can walk to the local shops and Margaritaville.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"Great location and beautiful setting"
This hotel is a great value. It's close to fun restaurants and bars and is clean and in a beautiful setting. The entertainment staff, like Sprinkles/Cheddar, AJ and Colors are so fun! They really make the hotel, as do the shows/entertainment at night.
5 night trip with friends Mar 5, 2015
Kerry
"Great Beach Experience"
The staff were friendly and helpful and prompt to respond to all requests. The hotel was located on the beach and the beach facilities were well-maintained. I thoroughly enjoyed the stay and found it to be a fun, relaxing experience.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
Bonnie
"house keeping"
Everyday our rooms were not cleaned till late afternoon. We never had towels or wash cloths sometimes till night. We always wanted to shower before supper but couldn't. They need to buy more towels and wash cloths.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
vic
"They'll send you to Runaway Beach"
We arrived in Montego Bay after several hours of travel for the day coupled with a shuttle ride to the hotel. Exhausted, the staff made us wait for 20 minutes while they were clearly trying to get their story in order. After the wait, they took us into the staff office to inform us that there was not a room available due to plumbing issues. When we challenged that as a lie and asked to see the room that was not capable of being stayed in, the manager on duty refused. They provided us no choice but to go to their sister resort in Runaway Beach. That Royal Decameron location was wonderful. Excellent staff, great service, beachside bungalow, etc. If anything the move was a blessing in disguise. I would not recommend the Montego Bay location to my enemy though after the way they treated us and clearly lied to our face in an effort to get rid of us and send us to the other location. It's pretty clear that they overbooked and moved those who had paid a discounted rate. Do NOT stay here; go to Runaway beach and let Silvan there take care of you. He and the rest of the staff were awesome.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
Jonathan
"They have no idea what they are doing"
The hotel staff seriously has no idea what they are doing and are down right insulting people. I checked into the hotel and there was incredibly loud construction going on next door. Not what you want to hear on vacation. Not only that the WiFi worked about 10% of the time. I needed to get work done in the mornings, and between the construction noise and lack of WiFi this hotel wasn't working out for me. The next morning I checked out of the hotel early and was assured by the staff that I would be refunded for the next day due to the construction. All they said was call the manager in the morning and they will take care of it for sure. So I call expedia and go back and forth with the hotel manager and expedia. After an hour of holding while still on vacation the hotel manager tells expedia there is NO CONSTRUCTION going on in their hotel. They also said I wasn't trying to work in the morning. Really...you know what I was doing? So they called me a liar and sent me on my way after promising to take care of the refund for the night I was not there for. Even if you take out the fact that they called me a liar. The food was terrible, there WAS construction going on, and on top of all that while I was swimming the life guard tried to guilt me into grabbing him a drink. I'm sorry, but excuse me? I'm not your waiter. The beach area is small and the deck is more of a cliff. Not the type of place I would want to stay even if the staff where decent people
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Shams
"february trip"
food service need improvement, food need to have better seasoning. I ask for boiled eggs was given raw eggs placed in hot water. There is too little selection on the food entre .
2 night business trip Feb 8, 2015
"Friendly, Relaxing Resort"
This was my husband and I first time to Montego Bay so we didn't know where to go and what to expect. The resort is very close to the airport. We got there before checkin so we didn't get to our room right away but was able to start drinking and eating. The food was good and if you are a fan of rum, you will love the drinks. All day long the staff is cleaning up and fixing the resort. My room was nice and clean. I think this resort is nice for the couple that are just trying to relax and enjoy each other company but if you are looking for a party, you may want to try another resort. It was an older, laid back crowd.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
becky
"Royal Decameron Montego Bay"
Very very terrible room conditions. Staff was great though.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Melanie
"Great food, bad wi-fi."
We were assigned a first-floor room with a king bed when we arrived, despite having requested a different floor and double beds. We were promised a different room on the fourth floor the next day and told to "check out" at noon. Our new room was going to be ready "before 3." We were finally in our new room, on the third floor, around 5 pm and felt our first vacation day was pretty much "wasted." There seemed to be a lot of confusion about the room change.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Ing
"Enjoyable stay"
Rooms have an awesome ocean view with large balconies. Never a wait for a drink. Beach was clean and plenty of chairs and thatched umbrellas. Buffet was good-salad and fruits fresh and lots of fresh breads/bakery items. Made to order omelets were perfect. Some of the other items were unusual and not the best-fish stew for breakfast and chicken noodle soup for breakfast. Lots of sweet potato and pumpkin dishes.
5 night romance trip Jan 26, 2015
VICKI
"Stolen Items from Room #43"
My experience at this resort was very disappointing. We arrived on Nov. 14, 2014 and our room was not ready. The room did not have a safe, the hotel is old and need to be upgraded. I had stayed their 2 years prior and it was ok. Rooms not very clean. Food and drinks were ok to say the least. We did enjoy the nightly entertainment. On the night of 11-19-2014, some one went into our room and stolen money we filed a incident report but have not heard back from the manager nor regional manager.They will not return my call. We were promised a police report but did not get. Also some one went into room #37 and stole some of their personal items. We were at the front desk complaining at the same time about missing and stolen items. DO NOT STAY HERE !!!
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Angela
"Horrible hotel"
Not only did we get robbed, but talking to other visitors there during our stay, three other couples got robbed... And the hotel management was awful. They told us we would get our money back, so we went through a series of investigations / police work and we never got anything back. We took it to the owner of the hotel and he straight up told us he was not going to turn it into insurance and we would not be compensated. They drug us around all week and ruined our vacation. They did not care at all, they knew the whole time we wouldn't get compensated
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Tom and alison
"Near airport in Jamaica"
Friendly helpful staff and great view of the water. Bar seems to be always open but food service times are restricted. Bar does not stock top shelf vodka if that is important to you but makes great drinks.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Liz
The staff was pleasant, However it took too long for my room to be ready. I got there at 3pm and my room was ready a 4 : 30pm. The room was clean and comfortable though.
"Beautiful beach property"
Three private beaches, wonderful staffs, wonderful and polite crowd, water activities included (snorkeling gear, life jacket, sailing), tasty home-made style food. I have gone to this place twice already and plan to go back in the future.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
"Clean beach front resort near airport"
I had a wonderful time at Royal Decamaron. While the facility could use some updating, it was very clean. Water in shower was hot and water pressure very good. All staff encountered were friendly. Food and drink plentiful but average. If you are looking for a small, clean, friendly resort, this is the place. Not much to do if traveling with kids.
ogs
Hotel will be Good for you, if you like to swim in open water. Beach is Exelent ! (they just boght next beach. ). Also it is amazing intertiment .
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Irina
"Great value"
Pros- value for the money, beautiful beaches, late night entertainment was impressive. Food was decent for the price and drinks were good. Cons - some employees pushy for tips, AC would not get very cold in the room
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"Fun resort best location!"
We loved the resort. Activities, nice looking outside, great drinks and food, very nice beach and chairs and beds. The rooms must be upgrated and better mattress and pillows which we hated. But the rooms are big with nice balcony too.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
anusca
"Nice, cozy hotel with beautiful private beaches"
Beautiful 3 private beaches, plenty of water activities that are included (snorkel and sailing), and LOTS of fish in the water. Absolutely clean, gorgeous water with lots of marine life. Great staffs, great food (the chef knows how to cook meat - chicken, beef, goat, etc.), very nice crowd of guests as well. No need to worry about ANYTHING, but just enjoy the vacation. Will be back!
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
"Don't waste your money"
Rude and lazy staff, inedible food, outdated. Cheap alcohol and no bottled water or beer, tap only. The room- ac that wouldn't adjust, springs sticking out of mattress, toilet wouldn't flush and no hot water. No card locks on doors! Just a key attached to a bungee braclet against an old door and lock that takes special instruction to open. Don't waste your money here. Disappointed we spent the last night of our honeymoon here, in double beds, because they would not honor our reservation request.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Jenn
"Great time with a beautiful view"
Entertainment crew is a blast! They seemed to work all day, always laughing, smiling and engaging the visitors. Definitely not a place for kids. Food was great, best I have ever had an an all inclusive. Rooms are nothing special but they were cleaned every day including fresh towels and sheets. Bed was firm and air conditioning tempurature can be controlled with a remote and worked well. We had a room on the 3rd floor in the main building and the view was breathtaking, especially the sunsets. If you are looking for a reasonably priced vacation you will 100% get your moneys worth at the Decameron and have a great time with lots of laughs. I am already planning our next visit and I wouldn't stay anywhere else.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Ashley
"Good value for the money"
We traveled the week before Thanksgiving and it was slower than usual No trouble getting restaurant reservations The buffet was not too busy and plenty of room on the beach and at the pool Just remember bug repellent The sand flies had a feast on me Only negative feedback I have is the check in Our room was not ready for a few hours so pack swimsuit and book in carry on If I was sitting at beach or pool I would not of minded the wait
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Debbie
"Easy access to the beach"
The staff were fantastic. They were willing to help, or resolve any issues immediately. Nightly entertainment was interesting. They incorporated locally grown produce in the menu. This was a plus for me as they are supporting the local farmers. Easy access to water sports and many nooks and grannies to enjoy the scenery. Clean pleasant atmosphere.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
Dee
"Great stay at Mobay."
This was our second stay at the Royal Decameron. Fabulous entertainment at night. Location is coveniently close to the airport and also on the strip in Mobay. Good mix of types of food. Great fun at the pool bar with the daily activities. All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Balcony had a great view of the Caribbean.
6 night trip with friends Nov 12, 2014
"Jamaica-We HIGHLY Recommend!"
Traveling to Jamaica from North Carolina in mid October was a treat! Customs at the airport moved quickly enough. Taxi from airport was only $15 and our experience was wonderful as we left a bag in the trunk. It was quickly returned the very next morning! The resort isn't new and shiney but, it very clean and everyone is very, very nice. Our AC was good although didn't have a vent in the bathroom. The view from the balcony was wonderful! The beds are not as soft and comfy as you'd probably like but, clean and better than the tile floor. If you are a diver getting up with Capt' Polly is a must! Watch out for Ole' Smokey in the water around the trampoline. :) Jamila & Mark in the lobby bar are AMAZING and so nice. Make sure you visit them! The food is good and the reservation dinner is nice but tends to get hot in there. The day we got back we were looking at booking our next trip. Choose this resort, it's wonderful!
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
Mermaid Wise
"The hotel is in dire need of renovation"
First room had water on the floor from rain coming in under the door. The door had a gap of about 2 inches off the floor. Second room did not have any hot water. 3rd room was fair, a little dirty. Uncomfortable bed. Food was OK. Stay at the Hilton. Youngetbwhat you pay for. If you will party all the time and not concerned about your room. Then, stay here.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
Byron
the room was a nice size but the hotel needs to be updated and painted in addition housekeeping could have been better
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"STAY AWAY!"
One of the most disgusting places I've ever stayed. Service was poor, food was poor, charged for Wi-Fi per hour and/or day and loved to see a RAT while checking out running around the main entrance. The only thing that is remotely decent about this h*ll hole is it is a stone's throw to the airport.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
coolio
"Bad resort"
I had to wait over 30 mins to check in. The AC wasnt working, mosquitoes were in room & it took hours before I was given another room. The new room toilet wouldnt flush & shower dripped & mosquitoes were in room. The staff was not friendly & this is third resort in Montego since Oct 2013 & this one was worst experience.
3 night trip Sep 28, 2014
Margot
"Poor customer service"
Poor customer service . Room attendant is rude and dismissive. Hot water appears to be non existing. Inability to recover loss items, such as cell phones. The security staff appears to be proffessional in their approach. Limited internet service and only in the lobby and extremly expensive at $5.00 an hour.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
Dwight
"Perfect location for view of ocean, nice beach"
My biggest complaint is that I did not get the ocean view that I paid for, however the staff more than made up for this disappointment. The staff is wonderful, from front desk, entertainment, bar, water sports to the boat ride a available for rent, five star staff.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
mary
"Nice visit"
The entertainment was amazing, and the food was great! The fact that we had freezing cold water for 4 days was a bit ridiculous (with no compensation) was a little irritating!
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Good for the price"
The grounds are well keep. The hotel room itself, is so-so. The neighborhoods a little schetcy, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful, security is always walking around, the food is ok. But the view on the ocean Wonderful!!!! Out of 10, I'll give it a 7.
2 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Ms Brown
"Wonderful small hotel"
It was a good stay though short, arrived roughly on time, got a chance to explore before my room was ready, promly at 3:00 PM. Got to my room it was clean and fresh only problem was the bed was a little bit creaky. Changed got downstairs got me some burgers and chicks and juice at the grill, tasted great. We stopped by the jacuzzi moved from there to the two pools (small but suffiecient) swan up to bar, viewed the entertain crew on the sands dancing up a storm.Dinner was great ...every meal the selection is different.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
We had a very pleasant stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful.. My family and i will plan a vacation again at the same hotel. I definitely recommend this resort to others. The food was great..good selection. Entertainment was wonderful. I personally enjoyed the ocean view from my balcony. It appears that all the hotel rooms has an ocean view. finally I would like to add that is an excellent buy for your money.
1 night family trip Aug 25, 2014
dolores
"Good for the price"
Great time.... Rooms could use upgrading...seems as if you have different room with different views.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Just a hotel next to a beach"
Room smelled like Pee! Under construction and hammering all night. If you didn't show tip in hand no service! Birds flying over the food, employee were lazy, birds were on the salad bar, would not go back there if it was free. Water was cut off, pool closed at 5 in the evening, no entertainment as posted until 8:30 at night. Had to wait for drinks even if nobody else was waiting, you take out money and they say May I help you?
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
BJ
"Hotel close to beach, good food & excellent staff"
I had a great time at Royal Decameron. The beach is beautiful, the food was great and the staff was excellent!! I have stayed in more updated hotels and their rooms do need to be updated, but they were clean and fine for the amount of time we were in the room. Overall great trip - had no issues and enjoyed my time there.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Jen
"Great location nice vacation"
Hotel was close to shopping and airport. Rooms were dated and the food was ok. One restaurant was pretty good but needed reservations. Great cheap hotel for quick weekend trip. We had an ocean view and that was a good view would go back again on a quick vacay.
Sally
It was very good, me and my husband was the first time there
Natalie
"False adviertised"
Since the first day i had lots of problem in the room,I had broken clock and safe and staff never fix the problem also the fire alarm made weird sounds at nite couldnt get a nice sleep.The food ok but not great no air inside the dinning room so you sweat while eating.The lobby was not kept well maintained. This hotel need a lots of improvement. Well i wouldnt recomend this hotel to anyone.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
anthony
"Overall nice resort"
No complaints at all, We really enjoyed ourselves and are planning to return next year.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
"Older hotel need updating"
The bathroom was dirty looking, towels dingy and dirty looking. rooms located to far from main building. Ask for room change due to my mom having arthritis in knees they did not accommodate
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"Nice hotel close to beach and hip strip"
Staff great, management sucked, food mediocre.. Hotel needs up keeping.. This is my second trip to Decameron and at this point I only go for the friendly staff.. Management needs to invest profits back in their property.. This is probably gonna be another run down hotel in a few years.. Rooms need improvement
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
sham
"Birthday weekend getaway"
My stay at the Decameron was very good. The food and drinks were very tasty. Staff were friendly and the rooms were clean. They do not have motorized activities, however; you can wind surf, kyak, and snorkel. Kids are welcome. If your look for a place to get away and relax, I suggest you give them a try.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
tracy
"Ok stay"
The hallway was completely dark at night,I was so scared to walk back to my room...the tile floors could use so upgrading,but overall the grounds are nice,the buffet was ok,the bed was comfortable and the balcony is gorgeous.
1 night trip Jul 7, 2014