All hotels in Verdi, Nevada, United States of America

Bad pool
It was great
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Ed
"Out of town, but close enough to have fun."
The rooms were big and the beds were comfortable although the bathroom was so small they had to cut a notch in the bathroom door to open it around the toilet so you can sit on the toilet. It looked like they hadn't vacuumed the floor in a week or two. They were doing construction across the hall from our room so if you had a late night don't plan on sleeping in. There was only one restaurant open during the week "Mels" and that was good. If you have a lot of luggage bring your pack mules (no parking near an elevator)and when you get to the floor you still have to walk to the other side of the floor.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
"average casino hotel. relatively cheap."
non-smoking room but came with loaded ashtray and empty cartons on patio. asked for housekeeping to have it cleaned. it never happened. average cleanliness in room.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
"The absolute worse"
First the checkin was slow. The check in agents have no urgency at all. Once in my I found shower head was broke, and the tub dirty then the AC was broke. Maintenance finally came in 15 minutes before I had to leave. They changed the filter on the AC I told them before they left the air is not cold I had the temp down to 60. The TV picture looked like they took a 70's TV and mad a flat screen out of it. Spend the extra 25 dollars and stay in downtown Reno. Boomtown this is room 5241...
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"Stopover on the way to California"
Got there about 10:30 p.m. We were both tired and ready for bed but did grab a bite @ Mel's Diner.
1 night romance trip Aug 5, 2015
Air cond barly worked
1 night romance trip Aug 5, 2015
leonard
"poor"
Person that checked us in was very unprofessional. Very unfriendly. The room was very old. Air conditioner was leaking. Will never stay there again. Very disappointed.
2 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
"clean comfortable stay"
I spent one night and was pleasantly surprised of how clean hotel was. The staff was very courteous.
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
Jan
"Wasn't woth $120 we paid"
They gave us the worst possible room in the whole hotel right next to the squeeling elevator. All night we were woken up by it. When I told the front desk lady she just said it's an elevator it will make noise
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
Jamie
"Not worth the cost"
Call for late check in. Traveled with our granddaughter so had reserved a room with 2 queen beds. When arrived at hotel clerk said we had a room upgrade. So went to room and only 1 bed. Called desk and they said that was all they had for nonsmoking. Had them bring up sheets and granddaughter slept on couch.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
"Road trip"
The bath tub was a bit dirty and the walls. Housekeeping did not leave enough towels. The beds were really comfortable. WiFi was fast enough. I would stay again.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
joanna
"Wouldn't Recommend"
Bathroom was moldy and hair blower didn't work, fan was very loud. Room was.very outdated.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
Pat
"No pool currently!"
This was a stop over to and from Boise. Its cheap and you get what you pay for. No pool currently, under construction. Staff was not super friendly but not rude either. Bathroom was sub par even for the price. We literally only slept here on the way north, and had a few hours to kill before bedtime home. The kid zone area is cool. The second time we stayed, on the way back home, we got a room where it sounded like they were doing construction in the middle of the night above us. The banging woke us all up at 3am. It's all by itself outside of town so I did feel safe leaving most of our luggage in the car. Midweek food choices are only Mels 50s diner (good food) or a pizza cafe.
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Cresta
We came to boomtown looking for a family escape from the mundane,we enjoyed their fun center for the kids and the feel of the place, although we were sad to discover there was no indoor pool. First we booked a room in The south tower, but as I am a wheelchair user this was not going to work, the room was too small I couldn't even turn around, the bathroom was also too tight of a fit and not accessible to me. The staff was very nice and allowed us to change rooms to the north tower. This room was great, a lot larger with more ammenities such as a fridge, coffee maker, and a blow dryer. The beds were comfortable and the room seemed clean. However during our stay we found a total of four cockroaches. I was unable to stay the second night after spotting one on My bed and another above me on the headboard, after checking the kids and finding one in their bed as well I was done. Again gathering my items from the bathroom I spotted one more. We were in room 2201. We will not be returning to this hotel.
2 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Natasha
"Old section of hotel."
My husband and I will not stay here again. Room was non smoking, however we could smell that it previously had been a smoking room. For the price, we could have stayed at a much nicer hotel in Reno.
1 night romance trip Jul 27, 2015
Room was OK, did like that it had a refrigerator in the room. Room was kinda dark as it opened to a closed-in courtyard, but my room looked out to a wall.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
Patsy
"Room very dirty. Hallway very dirty"
View of roof top and air conditioners. Room has not been cleaned. Found stuff from previous victims. Spit on walls that have not been cleaned. Bed and bedding was ok. Complained to manager. He said the hotel was just bought out by another company and they are going to do a renovation soon. I told him that that part of the hotel should be condemned and he said that he would authorize a return of monies.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
"Not the best experience."
Under construction , no pool, smokey, hallways were full of plaster and hoses and smelled like fish, light by bed was broken, curtains wouldn't open.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
"it was ok"
it was OK, only one restaurant open at the time, room needed to be painted but very quiet. not on vacation just on business
3 night business trip Jul 21, 2015
Very disappointed. Room very ran down
6 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
Colleen
"Comfortable bed but yucky room!"
The room was very basic and had a comfortable bed but was in serious need of updating. The carpet was stained all over and looked like it hadn't been replaced in many years. There was paint peeling off the bathroom door and the A/C filter hadn't been changed in quite a while. For $65 a night I guess you shouldn't expect much. Somehow,they also forgot to clean our room after the first night.
2 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
hotel did not recognize on line purchase-had to ask spervisor
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
"Reno Layover"
Great place for us to stop on our return trip home to CA from NY. Unfortunatly we did not win enough to pay for the trip :)
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
"Truck was broken into"
My rig was broken into and things were taken from my rig.
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
"I've been in better rooms!!!!"
There were several problems. Bathroom: The water facet barely worked; there was mold in the tub/shower area; and the mat on the bathtub floor slipped around. The TV set had a mind of its own. It would turn off in the middle of a program and getting it to go back on was an issue. The sound was great one minute, then hardly any sound the next; it was almost unusable. The outside hallway to our room SMELLED, especially if we used the North Tower elevator (which was closer to our room (2105). If we used the elevator across from Peets, we were the very furthest room in the south tower. Outside our bedroom window, on the roof a few feet away from our room window, was the air conditioning unit for the whole building (educated guess). There were workmen up there one night. Our window would not lock. Anybody who had access to that air conditioner could easily get into our room. That air conditioner generated loud noise throughout the night. floor slipped around
4 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
"Stay away from this hotel!"
This was right up there with a hole I stayed at in Portland that had bullet holed in the walls!!! Terrible experience doesn't begin to describe it. Wet floors, something brown splattered on the walls, peeling wall paper, sour smelling shower curtain, stained lamp shades, lights and hair dryers that didn't work, floors that hadn't been cleaned in a very long time ( built up hair and dust around the edges). The second room theyover us too was just as bad. Our beds were made but our bathroom was never cleaned. We had to call the front desk to have towels delivered because they did not replace them. We also found long black hairs all over our sheets each evening and all over the towels. The only good thing about this stay was Mel's diner.
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
Katie
"Terrible Customer Service and Dirty Room"
My wife and I booked a deluxe room with our points, but when we arrived we could immediately tell it wasn't a deluxe room. There was a broken edge on the glass table and a brown stain on the bed-skirt. My wife called the front desk and was told that our room was in fact a standard. My wife asked to talk to the supervisor instead who was extremely rude. My wife explained the situation and the supervisor told my wife, "well the only difference is the view". She told my wife that all she could do for us is to move us to a room on the same floor and didn't even offer an apology. The next room was a little better, however, the deluxe room's description said "pillowtop bed with premium bedding". The pillowtop beds looked to be about 15 years old and were yellowed. The "premium bedding" didn't even include fitted sheets, just a flat sheet tucked between the mattresses and box springs. While I was in the casino, my wife texted me that she could smell marijuana coming through the vents from a neighboring room. My daughter said it smelled like a skunk, so that means our 6 year old was breathing marijuana smoke as well. My wife had to open up a window in our own room because it had wafted through the vents. Used tissues behind the nightstand, which tells me the room hadn't been properly cleaned. In the morning, the workers turned on a radio at full blast in the hallway while they worked on rooms. Horrible stay and a disappointing waste of our special free night.
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
Del
"Say no to south tower"
I have always stayed in the north tower before which has been updated. This trip was my first stay in south tower. It is warn and in need of updating.
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
vacationer
"disappointing; old room, with holes in walls, mold"
Very disappointed; will not return; mold in bathroom, dirty, furniture worn and dirty, holes in walls, some repaired with white spackle on a colored wall; large areas. Minimal restaurants open on a Wednesday evening. Staff argued that we had no reservation even though we had reservation document with us, confirmation number, and a receipt that the room had been paid per expedia. Manager intervened and provided room as there were plenty of rooms open;
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
Pam
Do not stay at this hotel in the "south tower" THINKING it is what is represented as a normal room. Pool was down for reconstruction and not notice given about it. South tower is the original 60's hotel.
1 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
"NEVER AGAIN"
Absolutely Disgusting. South tower room was Filthy. carpet was so dirty, stained, and wet I had to ware my shoes the entire time. Furniture was old and broken, looked like it came from the dump. The smell was like old dead fish on the entire floor. Lamps didn't work. TV kept freezing. It was like they had just abandoned the whole section of this hotel. I have over 100 stays this year and have never been so disappointed.
1 night business trip Jun 30, 2015
"Nice hotel, nice price"
Good experience, clean rooms, good rates. The only downfall was that we didn't know that the buffet and Mexican restaurants wouldn't be open during the week. We left the day that Mel's was opening. :(
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
Carrie
"I have stayed at The Boomtown hotel many times an"
We didn't stay. We were still wide awake so we drove 4 more hours and went home.
1 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
Price is right Lobster buffet is fair Crab legs were the best
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
"Comfortable Stay"
Great price for one night.
1 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
"Good Location"
Price was right, location for my needs good, bed comfortable. Would be nice if coffee & morning pastries were included in the room rate.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
Mr B
I would have enjoyed a breakfast discount or slot machine tokens.
2 night family trip Jun 15, 2015
"Ugh"
It may be due to the Expedia discount, but my room was old and smelled. The window looked out into an indoor decayed abandoned pool area. Ugh. Carpeting was warped and worn out. I've had better rooms at Motel 6. I wanted to order take-out food and was told it was going to be 30 minutes before they could even take my name for the list to order (what?!?) So I went to a deli and had a stale dried out sandwich and a warm soda.
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
"Bad need of renovations"
The front desk people seem to have an attitude. We were supposed to be in a no smoking room, but there was a dull smell of previous smoking. The walls were damaged with dry wall compound showing in several places. Bathroom was in bad need of an renovation.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
j
"TOE NAIL CLIPPINGS ON THE FLOOR"
We checked in late to the hotel on a Thursday. The hotel desk clerk had problems getting the room keys coded. After about 7 minutes, we went up to our room. The hotel is old so it was decent for the age. The bed was super soft and a little uncomfortable. The next morning while getting dressed we noticed TOE NAIL CLIPPINGS on the floor. Obviously, the housekeepers failed to vacuum. When we checked out, I notified the housekeeping supervisor who was on the floor checking room. She apologized. At the desk checking out, we mentioned it again and they said "sorry" and offered us a pastry and coffee from the Peet's Coffee in the casino. We politely declined and left. This venue caters to senior citizens and is very slow paced and run down. We will not be staying here again in the future. The low cost does not compensate for the unsatisfactory experience we had at this hotel.
1 night romance trip Jun 11, 2015
LAURA
"it was nice stay"
Iy was good.
1 night romance trip Jun 11, 2015
"Boomtown"
The room could use some up dating. But it was clean and beds were nice.
1 night business trip Jun 10, 2015
"more lighting in room"
Nice overnite stay, but poorly lit in room
1 night business trip Jun 5, 2015
Old section is not nice. Bathroom floor tile is awful.
Other trip Jun 6, 2015
Terry
"No sympathy"
Came in late due to traffic the checkin was aware of, service was slow at checkin unfriendly and was placed in a room where we could here traffic on the freeway all night very frustrated also when we were directed vaguely to our room and ended up in the wrong tower and had to walk across the casino to get to the other elevator
1 night family trip May 21, 2015
Place was pretty empty and the restaurant was very short on wait staff.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Could use some room renovations/furnishings."
Personnel were friendly, food options were mediocre, and the room needed a makeover aside from the bed itself. For example there was a reclining chair beside the bed that looked disgusting, neither my girlfriend or I would sit in it. One of the bedside lamps didn't work. (Might have just been a bulb.) Also I was under the impression we had paid for one of the higher end rooms, but noticed large flatscreen tv's in three other rooms while passing in the hallway. We had a old tube tv. One more thing the shower head was like a hot hose with no nozzle. We visited our friends who were at the silver legacy, and their room was amazing in comparison. They also got a better deal. That's where we'll go if there's a next time.
Other trip May 25, 2015
Stuart
"Oh dear!"
The check in clerk was a dimwit. The room wasn't ready until very late in the afternood. The service was below satisfactory.
1 night romance trip May 17, 2015
Was nice
1 night romance trip May 11, 2015
Debbie
"Owner"
Room was clean, But under repair, patches on the wall, not painted. Carpet needed to be clean.Really needed to be replaced. Everything in room was outdated old. Bed ruffle was ripped that went around the bed.
1 night business trip May 14, 2015