All hotels in Stateline, Nevada, United States of America

2.5
    2.3
    2.1
"Very dirty!!!!"
The room wasn't clean, dirty bed sheets very very dirty!!!!
Other trip Jan 21, 2014
"Very dirty!!!!"
The room wasn't clean, dirty bed sheets very very dirty!!!!
Other trip Jan 21, 2014
"Good location but disgusting hotel room"
The room was dirty, the bathroom sink had stuff left in it, the floors were not mopped and none of the lights worked in the room.
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
Ash
"Not good"
The hotel is extremely dated. 1. No exhaust fan in bathroom. 2. No air circulation. 3. Toilet to close to bathtub. 4. Couldn't open window to get fresh air. 5. They charge $12 extra for internet. 6. Noise from next room.
Other trip Jan 17, 2014
"Brutal!"
Musty rooms. No air flow in rooms. Air/Heat didn't work. Couldn't open window for fresh air. Carpet from the '80's. Hasn't been cleaned since the Reagan administration. Terrible. And I am NOT a hotel snob at all. I hear they are in between owners.
Other trip Jan 14, 2014
The room is clean and cheap. Good for families with preteen/teenage kids. Movie theater and arcade on site. The casino floor is dead. Nobody there. But just a short walk away you can find everything you need/want. Can't beat the price for a room that is literally on the strip.
Other trip Jan 14, 2014
Madeira
"Alt places to stay would be better"
Not as clean as one should expect. We had 2 rooms and shower curtains had mildew as vents did not work in both rooms. Staff all said old mngmt not supportive in transition to new ownership, no mention of renovations started hammering at 7:30 am, and u must dial 9 then the whole phone # to reach front desk. Would not recommend the place to anyone. Sheets and towels clean, but overall, rooms run down.
1 night trip Jan 9, 2014
Lee
"Great place"
Room was clean staff was great food was great the casino is a bit small other than that I would definitely come back
Other trip Jan 10, 2014
jose
"no table games"
Not good the first room had no heat, door parts were missing and next to the elevator. The second room was extremely small. Other than the model A switch was very nice the place was dead.
1 night trip Jan 3, 2014
Bob C
"Overall good/great experience!"
We decided to stay at Horizons hotel casino for our snowboarding trip on 01/04/14. It was the best deal in town for a hotel casino. Everything worked out perfectly fine! Parking was a breeze with many parking spaces at NO CHARGE! Staff was super friendly and helpful. The rooms were good, clean and organized. There was only one small little issue that we encountered, the room was a little stuffy and hot. The temp in our room was 84 degrees the entire time, and there was not a way for us to turn up or turn down the dial. With all that being said, it was a GREAT experience, well worth the Money compared to all these other big shots next door charging a arm and a leg!!!
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
Sal
The staff were great. Very helpful. Hotel is in need of repair and upgrades. Room was not very clean (carpet). Hallways and elevator need to be cleaned as well.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
"Nice hotel for the price"
Stayed a day. Nice view of lake. Close to everything. Nice movie theatre in hotel. A little old but for the price I won't complain.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
"Worst hotel ever. They should lose their Lic!"
Rooms and hallways are dirty, smelly and murky.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
T
"I KNOW IT WAS NEW YEARS EVE....................BUT"
Got up there a bit early and checking in was out of the question. There was nobody up there when I got there and of course when they told me to come back to check in the lines were long. I think I was more disappointed at security. Yes it was New Years Eve, but while in the casino, groups of rowdy kids would come in droves, yelling, cursing and no one would say anything. I was flying solo this trip so I let it go. The overall feel of Horizon is what it is. It's no Montbleu or Harrahs. And I'm sure due to booking through Expedia I got perhaps the lesser of the nice rooms?????????? Very outdated. TV must have been taken from Archie Bunkers place. Bed was really old looking. And the bathroom when sitting on the john, the door barely closes. Again, it was New Years Eve, but they did NOTHING to quiet down the crowds well after midnite. In short I gambled til about 1:30, asked a few of the security folks if they had anything in place to quiet things down well after midnite and they said no. Knowing I'd get no sleep, I drove back home. My complaint is more centered around paying $ 320 for a room like that. Yes I expected crowds and noise, but that room anyway should have been blown up!
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
"Horrible"
Dirty elevators , dirty tawels and sheets all over the floor on hallwaysy, cigarret smell in the non-smoker room and dirty carpet rooms and bathroom. Not even close to be worth $200.00 a night. Terrible!! Never Again! The only good thing is the location . Walking distance from Heavenly Village.
1 night business trip Dec 27, 2013
"Left the hotel"
We went for a concert at the Mont Bleu and decided to stay at a cheaper hotel, the Horizon, and that was a mistake. Everything just felt dirty in the room, the bed felt like it was 50 years old and the room smelled musty. The heater was broken, we did not want it on and it just kept running so it was cooking in our room. When we got back from the concert my husband and I decided to leave because it was so uncomfortable there. We would never book a room here again. Spend a bit extra on the updated, nicer surrounding hotels.
1 night trip Nov 30, 2013
T
"Loss of Potential"
This is a hotel between Motel 6 and a Days Inn as far as quality. The thermostat didn't work, the bathroom shower was awkward, hangers were the "don't steal me kind". The TV was a Tube maybe 25inch (lol). The price for Tahoe was good and luckily we just needed the room for one night. The Biggest kicker is the smell of smoke was unbelievable you could smell it before you even walked in to the hotel.
1 night trip Dec 21, 2013
O-Dog
"Nice but last one on the stretch"
It's a good hotel but you need to walk about 10mins to reach the Gondola ride and walking down in cold weather is kind of tough...
Other trip Dec 31, 2013
AmitGupta
I would recomend this resort.
2 night trip with friends Dec 24, 2013
Sergio Gonzalez
"Not a 3-Star Hotel"
The heater in one of the rooms did not work. The rooms did not look like a 3-star hotel, as advertised. This hotel should be rated as one-star.
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
Goodguy
"Great location but terrible hotel and poor service"
I do not recommend this place. Location is awesome however they do not maintain their hotel. The casino was very poor. The AC did not work. The icemakers did not work. And the staff did not follow up when requested.
2 night trip Dec 26, 2013
Matthew
"Lacking"
There is no bell service, so no option of having your car parked but all the spaces and driveways are still labeled for it and the carts are run down and broken. The front desk was slow and not trained well, they also forgot to tell us about the construction that would wake us up at 8am with a jack hammer above our room and didn't even comp half the cost of even one night for the mistake. The elevator had broken railing. The bathroom in our room had dirty floors as well as the carpet hasent seen a carpet cleaner this decade. The casino floor was almost always empty with very little and old machines and no tables. The coffee shop although made to look like Starbucks is not so they do not take your Starbucks card. The theater and their prices was their only redeeming qualities.
3 night trip Dec 22, 2013
Jackie
"Worst customer service"
Bedding horrible, I could not sleep at all and to top it off customer service is worst.
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
Love to travel
"What a terrible Hotel"
There was no Valet, No bell, no concierge, no room service,, no after hours restaurant open, toilet leaked, no after hours house keeping for blankets or towels. The hotel is under construction. I was traveling with my family and they put us in rooms in different towers and they were only at a 30% occupancy. They did not make the bed or change the sheets because I had a pair of jeans on the bed and they would not move them to the side...REALLLY...This "Hotel" is operating a bare minimum staff...I was embarrased for them and would not stay there again.
1 night trip Dec 26, 2013
Shawn
"Nice but a little out dated"
Hotel was clean and staff was pleasant but its old stay some where new, shop around for a better deal is the best i can say and you will easily get one. If it hadn't been my first time visiting Tahoe i would of opted for even a cabin closer to Heavenly or Harrahs, you can walk to horizon but its just dingy and old I'm sorry and over priced for what your getting.
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
Ann-marie
"Old and very hot in the Rooms and casino!"
You cant sleep because of the heater. Inside it so hot. You cannot Manager your Rooms heather or Ac. Casino is ok, food bad.
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
The room is pretty big. The bedding has stains on it. We stayed there 2 nights. On the 1st night, the next door neighbors were making loud noises until 1 or 2 pm. But considering what we paid, the condition of the hotel is fair.
2 night business trip Dec 24, 2013
"Fair at best"
The hotel rooms are really old and outdated, it was maintained ok but definitely not worth the money. Would not recommend this hotel unless you have no where else to go
2 night trip Dec 23, 2013
Anoop
"Not for family"
We reserved 2 rooms from 12/23 to 12/26, out of 3 nights we had problems with room cleanness for 2 nights, definitely it is a hotel for the casino gamblers not for family stay......resort??? not really. The hotel is abandoned by the management. Sorry I wish my experience and review could be better.
Other trip Dec 27, 2013
Jor
"Not very comfortable!!!"
Had to check out early.
2 night trip Dec 23, 2013
Yingwu
Very close to all must see, the shower head was terrible. Please change these, we were unable to adjust shower head. Not good at all, way too much water all over the place. Overall liked the Service.
1 night trip Nov 29, 2013
Annette Avery
"Why not better?"
Great location, fantastic setup for much potential, and has everything it needs to be a great place to stay but just is not... Why?
1 night trip with friends Dec 21, 2013
Tendai
"Unwelcome"
I made two requests by phone to the front desk. i asked for some plates/forks and was told "we dont do that!" Person was very rude. I later requested two rollaway beds and the person appeared bothered by the request. I found a hand eritten review in our room by the previous guest with a negative comment about cleanliness of the room. Obviously this hotel has issues.
Other trip Dec 24, 2013
"Never stay here again"
This is the worst hotel we have ever stayed at. I would not stay here again. The beds were horrible. None of the restaurants were open. The rooms were dirty with hair everywhere. I could go on and on. But I would not recommend this place to any one. It is nothing like they show on the Internet.
Other trip Dec 23, 2013
Doug
"How About A Remodel?????"
The Horizon is good for the money, however it is desperate for a makeover. Perhaps someone from HGTV might want to restore a complete hotel to its former glory. Simply put, this baby has seen better days. We had a lakeview room for a small upgrade fee that looked as if it was last redone in roughly 1983. It is a bummer considering that the hotel is in a perfect spot. If you are looking for a bed and don't care if the air conditioning is in proper working order, this is your spot. I might stay again if I am only there for a quick night. Other than that, I'd look to Harvey's or Harrah's and spend the extra coin.
Other trip Dec 22, 2013
"My Friday the 13th 3 day weekend in Tahoe.."
Great location..! Near all the more "exciting" casinos.. I liked Horizon because it is just like returning to a quiet home after a day or night of fun and excitement.. I appreciate the cleanliness of Horizon, the attentive staff, and how if I want to bring my kids there, that there is a game room that reminds me of a mini Chuck E Cheez place minus the pizza.. I will return.. I had the lake view room which is great and really looks great during day light.. I didn't see it at first when I checked in around 11pm.. Yup I'll book there again and so should you.. Just because it isn't a exciting casino doesn't mean don't stay.. I would rather not deal with a loud hotel that I pay money for.. The price was reasonable and best part is no resort fees.. How many people like me went to other hotels, and get charged resort fees for things you don't use or care to use..? After all who vacations just to stay in the hotel..? Not I..!! Lol..
3 night trip Dec 13, 2013
Doll
"Horizon Casino"
Our AC in our room didn't work so our room was hot all night. Also they don't put coffee pots, or microwaves in the rooms. If yout just using it for sleep it will do the trick, but no coffee pot??
1 night trip Dec 14, 2013
Our stay was ok. The room was clean, sheets and towels were clean. What little staff we saw were friendly. The hotel is in need of some major updating. Dont expect much here, but for the price we paid, I would stay again.
2 night trip Dec 13, 2013
Rodney
"Boring casino."
I went to this casino on a wednesday,of course wednesdays are a very slow day in tahoe,but i noticed the casino was empty,there were no waitresses,although the bar was open.But the bar tender was nice,the atmosphere was dead for a reason,i noticed all other hotels were busy and had lots of fun games to play,whereas this casino had the most boring games and not to mention the construction.
Other trip Dec 14, 2013
"Not great, not bad"
Stayed here so we wouldn't have to spend $200 and up a night on the other surrounding hotels. Came for my friends going away bash and we went to the clubs across and down the street. Front desk is helpful and no wait for cabs (just call down to front desk first). The hotel is old and the casino was really, really dead like unbelievably dead. The room could of been better kept but was definitely clean enough to sleep an get ready. There's no valet and bell desk, ice machines don't work (went to 3 floors) and eventually went to the front desk. They sent me to the casino bar and the bartender got a good laugh out of that. All and all if you're going to party or hit the slopes and you're not really gonna be in the room anyways it's perfect. If your gonna be in the room the majority of the time or have kids opt for another hotel.
2 night trip Dec 6, 2013
"I will never stay here again!"
Bathroom was dirty,hair everywhere. Air condition did not work in the room.It was really hot. My was not made after the first night.
Other trip Dec 11, 2013
Balazs
"Bad Service"
Bad Service
1 night business trip Nov 29, 2013
Unhappy customer
"Horizon Hotel is Everything I want"
I have now stayed at the a Horizon hotel multiple times & must say, it is exactly what you want. The hotel is in a fantastic location, the price is right & the drinks taste good. The only thing that would make this hotel better would be bringing back table games. See you soon Horizon.
2 night trip Nov 29, 2013
Abe
"No WIFI- Its very terrible and pain full stay"
With out WIFI in US I can not Imagine. It is very terrible and pain flu to stay with WIFI
Other trip Dec 5, 2013
Ram
We got this hotel room for a great price, the only real complaint I have is that even though it was cold outside, the rooms were really hot even leaving the window open. When we called down and asked about the room temperature, they said they would send someone up to take a look at the thermostat, when a maintenance person arrived, he said that they didn't have AC and brought up 2 very ghetto fans, one of them was bent and made a lot of noise so we ended up not using them and roasted instead.
Other trip Dec 5, 2013
"empty casino"
The hotel needs renovation. It is clean but old. There is no valet parking. The window in the room has no balcony, and can be opened about one inch before the stop. Casino very limited and little action. Only slots.
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2013
"Worse stay ever!"
Left vacation early for a number of reasons. 1. Rooms were not cleaned. Leftover foods by joining doors and by patio doors. 2. Bathrooms were not cleaned. 3. Beds were like slates of granite. 4. Patio doors could open but no patio to go to. 5. Tvs were ancient with no remotes.
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
"We ended up staying elsewhere"
The front was helpful and accommodating. We chose to leave it was very old and run down. They were renovating at the time maybe we'll try again next year
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
"NOT MY CUP OF TEA"
BORING CASINO. NO TABLES. OUTDATED ROOM, PAINT PEELING. COULD VACUUM THE HALLWAYS NOW AND AGAIN AT LEAST
2 night trip with friends Nov 22, 2013
KERSTIN
"Plain but Clean"
The room was small but clean. The rooms are out dated but the staff was great. Not much to do there on a Friday night but within walking distance to other hotels.
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2013