All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
944 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL, 33139, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Expensive"
Right in downtown Miami Beach! Hotel arking is valet only ($32/night), but other parking options are available nearby. You are in a hotel downtown, so expect some noise at night.
Response by Hotel Chelsea
Good Day and thank you for the time you took to share your honest feedback with us! Here at Hotel Chelsea we offer valet parking, as it's safe and convenient. There are other parking options around the hotel as well, that are cheaper.
2 night trip Jan 19, 2015
"Loved it! !!"
I went to Miami to celebrate my birthday and usually I stay with friends but I decided to stay at Chelsea Hotel on my birthday and it was awesome. Very close to absolutely everything you need to see and do on South Beach. I will definitely return.
Response by Hotel Chelsea
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY EDWARD!!! There is nothing better then a 5 star review!! Thank you so much for taking your time to share it with us! We are thrilled to read about the fantastic time you had here at Hotel Chelsea! We would love for you to come back, sooner then later!
1 night romance trip Jan 22, 2015
EDWARD
"Loved this hotel!"
I stayed two nights and couldn't have been happier with the hotel. The staff was helpful but friendly and laid back. The rooms were adorable and stylish, the lounge out front was very comfortable, the valet service was reliable for the most part, and the location couldn't have been more perfect. Ms. Gilma Garcia at the front desk was especially helpful.
Response by Hotel Chelsea
Thank you for your recent visit to Hotel Chelsea, and for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay, thanks in part to the excellent service you received from Gilma. Gilma is indeed a rock star and but one of many who are dedicated to providing an original guest experience in a friendly, attentive and gracious manner. We look forward to your next visit soon.
2 night trip Jan 20, 2015
Lauren
Worst staff ever I will never come back again messed up my booking from the begining and had to wait 2 hours and go to another hotel
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
"Ehhh"
Outdated, bar was closed. Horrible front desk setup. Expensive valet
Response by Hotel Chelsea
Good Evening michael, We value all of our guests feedback, and thank you for sharing yours with us! We offer valet parking, though it's a bit expensive. There are also public parking spaces and lots for guests to utilize around the hotel.
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
michael
"Short stay"
Luis at the front desk was very helpful. I checked in late and it was just an overnight so I didn't really experience more than my room. It was clean. Comfy bed
Response by Hotel Chelsea
Hello there Rene', We value the time you took to share your feedback with us, and all of our future guests! Luis is lovely and all of our guests think so as well! We would love for you to come back again soon!
1 night trip with friends Jan 14, 2015
Rene'
"Cold shower, unfriendly airport shuttle"
We sat at the airport after calling about the 9:00 shuttle. Called again at 9:10. At 9:25 we called and the hotel said the shuttle left early.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Simple and clean"
They gave us our room immediately and we were able to go on a tour with no luggage by 9:30 am ...very nice for us ....they need to tell you what the shuttle looks like that picks you up at the airport! we waited and missed the shuttle for along time because it doesn't say Chelsea.. But ithe room was clean and very comfortable... Small rooms that are simple ..hot showers and quiet.. walking distance to the night time restaurants and fun!!! Very nice people they called a cab for us in the morning to cruise ship..I would stay there again...
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
sue
"Great location very nice hotel & staff"
So close to South Beach. Happy hour complimentary drinks, very clean hotel, staff pleasant
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
gwen
"Quiet place to enjoy the beach"
As an unplanned stopover we decided to head to the beach rather than spend a day and a half stuck out near the airport. The Chelsea has quiet rooms and comfortable beds in an art decco building in the Miami Beach section. They make excellent recommendations for food in the neighborhood. The free shuttle back and forth to the airport was a plus.
Response by Hotel Chelsea
Hello and thank you for your review nanci!! We are thrilled to read about the positive time you had here at Hotel Chelsea. We offer a load of amenities and the shuttle service is just one of them. Please come back for another memorable time!
1 night family trip Jan 9, 2015
nanci
"Excellent hotel and location"
Couldn't have asked for a better place.
Response by Hotel Chelsea
Wow! What an outstanding review, Joshua! We are so glad you had such a great visit and can’t wait to do it all again. See you soon!
1 night trip with friends Jan 13, 2015
Joshua
"Great price"
Great price and distance to where you need to be. Short distance to beach, shopping, restaurants and night life.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
AKing
"The Chelsea rules!"
Gilma the receptionist fulfilled every request with promptness and a smile. We arrived at 7am & were exhausted! Gilma had a room ready for us shortly after that though check-in is 3pm. Then we stayed there again after our cruise. We arrived early again but didn't have to wait all day for a room. We've stayed here 3 times in 12 months and will stay again next January.
Response by Hotel Chelsea
This review is fabulous, sean! We really appreciate your taking the time to write and highlight our attentive team as a high point of your stay – especially our wonderful Gilma. We are so fortunate to have team members like him who genuinely care about each and every guest. SO glad you felt the love! Thank you so much and we can’t wait to see you for your next getaway!
2 night romance trip Jan 11, 2015
sean
"Party at the Chelsea"
This hotel is in a perfect location. Smack dab in the middle of SOBE. Standard double bed room was a bit small but not uncomfortable. Beware of the paper thin walls! From the moment we got off the elevator there was music blaring and shouts all behind closed doors. Mind you we checked in at 1am. It got quiet around 3am but then started back up around 8am. Again not just from one room. All in all it's an ok stay for ONE "party" night. I would def not recommend for a business or family stay.
Response by Hotel Chelsea
Thank you for sharing your honest feedback Daisy!! Hotel Chelsea is located in the heart of SoBe, just blocks from all the hottest spots. As you said, some of our rooms tend to be on the smaller size, thanks to our historic building (and hence historic room size). I will make sure that we speak with the front desk agents regarding the level of noise.
1 night romance trip Jan 8, 2015
Daisy
"CLOSE TO EVERYTHING"
GREAT STAY
Response by Hotel Chelsea
Wow! What an outstanding review, eshan! We are so glad you had such a great visit and can’t wait to do it all again. See you soon!
1 night trip with friends Jan 8, 2015
eshan
"We Dug The Chelsea"
the hotel is convenient and friendly ..everyone was nice and we enjoyed our stay ..the rooms were nice and I will be back
1 night business trip Jan 11, 2015
I have stayed here before and liked it. For the price, this hotel is pretty good and it's close to everything. Staff is friendly as well. I will re-book this hotel and recommend it to others.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Close to Lincoln Road. Rooms were very comfortable. Bathrooms are updated and very clean. Was easily able to change to a late check out. Big downfall is the parking. The three options are on street parking, a parking garage a few blocks away or valet. All are within a $5 price range so we opted for valet. You have to call 20 minutes before you need your car. Valet took almost 45 minutes. Even when asked front desk all they said was "they are on their way." Needs some adjusting for ease of guests.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
J
"Location, location, location."
Overall not a bad hotel. It's two block from the ocean blvd & the beach. Condition of the hotel is good. Staff doesn't have the best customer service. The hotel is under staff.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
"One night stay in South Beach"
When we arrived I was very sick So the very sweet desk clerk let us into our room 3 hrs early and gave us a quiet room. About an hour later the desk clerk arrived at our door with a thick, heated robe as she knew I was shaking with chills. The hotel is very modern and clean. Was concerned because some reviews we saw before we checked in said they had bedbugs. My daughter dismantled all the beds and found no signs of them. I would stay there again.
Response by Hotel Chelsea
Hello cindy, We value the time you took to share your feedback with us! I am terribly sorry to read that you were sick when you arrived! I am glad that our front desk agent was able to provide you with some TLC! :) I hope that you are better now! We would love to welcome you back again in the future, so you can really enjoy your stay!
1 night family trip Jan 5, 2015
cindy
"Quick Getaway!"
Good place for a quick over night stay in the heart of South Beach. Location is ideal and allows for walking to all parts of the beach.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
Beth
"Walk to beach cute & small. Valet disapoints"
Fair price. Room clean. close to everything in South Beach. Friendly front desk. Chill overall. Only disappointment is Valet pay $32 & more for tip which is fine but called 20+ mins before & then waited 30+ mins after is subpar.
Response by Hotel Chelsea
We appreciate the time you took to provide us with your honest feedback! Here at Hotel Chelsea our prices are unbeatable, We are located in the heart of SoBe, just blocks from all the hottest spots! We advise our guests to call for their cars 30-45 minutes prior to them needing it. Especially during the holidays it can take more time for the valet attendants to retrieve cars, as there is a high demand.
1 night romance trip Dec 23, 2014
"Don't believe the climate control"
The room was nice enough, but the "climate control" is a joke. The room is set to 79, and there is no adjusting it, no fan, and the windows don't open. After I complained, and then finally called Expedia for help, they sent someone to "fix' it, and they adjusted it to 78. Still no fan, there's a controller for the AC, but not one that can be adjusted by guest. The second night I was there, a party in the hotel bar/lobby below my room lasting until after midnight was so loud I couldn't even watch TV, even the floor was vibrating. I live in NYC and am not oversensitive to noise! When I called the desk, I was assured the noise would end "within 10 minutes" - but it went on another hour. I requested to simply check out and be refunded for my remaining two nights but was denied, so they are getting the review they deserve. The day staff was very nice, and helpful with questions about the area.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
Holly
"Dark"
Well we asked for a king bed and got two doubles, Good thing it was for only one night.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Great but don't valet"
Paid $33 to have my radio changed, passenger seat clearly lounged in and all my belongings moved from front seat to back seat.....
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
JJ
"Awesome Hotel"
Great hotel with friendly service. Room was clean and lovely. Super affordable and just 2 blocks from the beach. Open bar in the lobby from 7-8pm was a good bonus too and the bartenders are really sweet. Will definitely stay here again!
Response by Hotel Chelsea
You are a dream! Thank you so much for this amazing review! I am so glad to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and can’t wait for the opportunity to do it all again. We truly appreciate the insanely kind words and hope to see you and yours back here soon!
3 night trip Dec 8, 2014
Our hotel stay was great we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean, and it was in the center of everything on the beach. The Hotel representatives were extremely friendly and the bartenders were also. The only thing is valet parking is very expensive sometimes it works out better to park in the garage. You also have to tell the hotel 15 to 20 minutes in advance to get your car out of valet. Other than that we loved it it was very nice and chic. I am a stickler for bathroom and the bathroom was very up to date and clean. This was a staycation for my husband and I and if you know the beach well, you know that many of the hotels on Ocean Drive or on South Beach period are disgusting and dirty. Unless you're willing to pay three to four hundred dollars for one night.
Response by Hotel Chelsea
Hello there erica, We value all of our guests feedback, and thank you for sharing yours with us! It sounds like you were able to enjoy everything that we offer, as well as experience the exceptional service that our team provides! Valet parking can be a bit expensive, but it's average prices for South Beach. It's also the safest and most convenient option around the hotel. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future!
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
erica
"Excellent choice."
From desk clerk bartenders and rest of staff very friendly and helpful
Response by Hotel Chelsea
Wow! What an outstanding review, Jorge! We are so glad you had such a great visit and can’t wait to do it all again. See you soon!
2 night romance trip Dec 7, 2014
Jorge
"Served it's purpose."
I needed a place to stay before a cruise outside of Miami. Two blocks from South beach, tour buses and a local bus to take you around south beach for 25 cents, lots of great restuarants, and breakfast place. I thought the local was great. The rooms were clean (except cobwebs on the light fixtures), and the decor was quite modern trendy. Not for kids, better for young couples and adults. And free drinks from 7-8 p.m. every day wasn't bad either! As long as the rate stays the same, I will stay there again!
Response by Hotel Chelsea
Your review means the world to us!! Thank you so much for sharing it!! Hotel Chelsea is located in the heart of South Beach, just blocks from all the hottest spots. We offer a load of amenities here, and the cocktail hour is just one of them. Please come back again soon!
1 night family trip Dec 11, 2014
"Good Location"
Stayed after our cruise. The location is good but our second room (had to move because air conditioning did not work) was facing the street and we could hear everything on patio downstairs and street noise. We asked for an additional wake up call since we were on the early shuttle. No call! But near to beach and the restaurants nearby were good. Would maybe recommend.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
jr
"Adorable Hotel"
Stayed one night, we were really just looking for someplace to overnight but it ended up being so much more. The hotel is clean and beautifully decorated, the service was quite good. Check-in/Out was easy and when we wanted to switch rooms, it was easily accommodated as well. Would stay here again in a heartbeat
Response by Hotel Chelsea
Kira, you are a dream! Thank you so much for this amazing review! I am so glad to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and can’t wait for the opportunity to do it all again. We truly appreciate the insanely kind words and hope to see you and yours back here soon!
1 night family trip Dec 9, 2014
Kira
Nice staff, great location, room a little dark but that is the only downside and it is not a major issue.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
"Staff could not provide coffee even"
Coffee was on the menu but the coffee machine was broke.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
The Chelsea Hotel was within a few blocks of walking to several places of interest in South Beach. It was just 2 blocks from the beach.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
G & G
"good"
really nice
Response by Hotel Chelsea
Wow! What an outstanding review, jose! We are so glad you had such a great visit and can’t wait to do it all again. See you soon!
2 night trip with friends Nov 16, 2014
jose
"DISAPPOINTED .......... then it got WORST"
My stay at at hotel Chelsea was......... Actually whatever can't even rate them because we couldn't even stay there. We arrived at Miami. Called to see if there was a shuttle and they did.(only good thing I got out of them) Come to find out that their A/C went out and they had to transfer us to another hotel called Hotel Whitelaw. I was disappointed that they couldn't have the time to notified us about the situation but I can totally understand their situation. So we arrived at the other hotel. Thinking we might of got an upgrade for the trouble or something. We get to our room and we see we got a 2 queen beds room. We tried to rest up but there was some construction going on and it was like right out side of our window so that was out of the question and check this out when my girlfriend had to use the restroom, come to FIND OUT! The Water of all things was out!!! we call front desk and they said that the water wouldn't be running until 530ish so we like okay.. we couldn't do anything about it any ways so we stepped out to get some food and adventure around. We came back to the room around like 7-8 pm and check to see if the water was up and running it was!! so we tried taking a shower and guess what?!?!?! now the hot water wasn't working. So we contacted the front desk and they manage to fix the problem in about 30 min finally that was the last of our problems
Rich
"Nice hotel two blocks from beach"
Great location for a Miami Beach visit. The beach is three streets away and there are several restaurants in close proximity. Within an easy walk are shops and beautiful art deco architecture. The complimentary shuttle to the airport was much appreciated.
Eve
Good option for the price. Close to Ocean Drive and restaurants. Rooms small but comfy.
Kate
"Nice south beach hotel"
* The hotel is conveniently located near South Beach. * The airport shuttle service is good, but make sure you book the shuttle ahead to the airport and allow ample of time in case the shuttle is late or there is traffic jam.
Response by Hotel Chelsea
Good Evening John, Thank you for the time you took to share your feedback! We are located in the heart of South Beach, just blocks from all the hottest spots! We offer a complimentary shuttle service to all of our guests. We are glad that you were able to use it!
1 night romance trip Nov 4, 2014
"Nice hotel, with friendly staff."
free shuttle to and from the hotel was good. Staff was friendly and helpful. It was my first trip to Miami, so I had questions: places to eat, tours, etc. The only reason I did not rank the room comfort higher was, they have a wood frame around the bed that sticks out 8-10 inches, and I bumped it often. But the bed was very comfortable Everything else with my experience was great! I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends, and would stay here again on my next visit.
"Te location of the hotel was great"
I had an amazing time on my stay on Thursday the location of the hotel was very good and the lady at the front desk Gilma Garcia was very helpful on recommending activities to do while we stayed there.
andres
"Not bad at the special rate"
Overall a pretty good value for the $77 per night we paid. The rooms are a bit small and there really aren't any amenities like pool and gym, but the location is great - just blocks away from the main strip on Ocean. The bar served free well drinks between 7-8 pm, which was a nice touch. I didn't have problems with the AC like others complained about, but the hot water would take up to 5 minutes to kick in at times.
Response by Hotel Chelsea
Hello Sam, Your review means everything to us, so happy you could share it! Here at Hotel Chelsea we provide unbeatable prices, for a fun filled time, in an unbeatable location! I see that you were able to take advantage of the cocktail hour from 7-8PM! Please come back again soon!
1 night trip with friends Nov 16, 2014
Sam
From 1 to 5, I would say 3. Not more then that, not less then that.
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
"Average"
Good location, hotel was ok. The shower had a big hairball in it when we first arrived which made me and my girlfriend kind of grossed out. There is no pool at the hotel. Overall it is an ok place to stay if you dont plan to be in the hotel for most of the time.
Response by Hotel Chelsea
We appreciate the time you took to share your honest feedback! The location of our property is prime. We are just in the middle of all the action that takes place here. I am terribly sorry that your shower was not thoroughly clean! I will make sure to inform the Director of Housekeeping about this, so it doesn't happen again!
2 night romance trip Nov 13, 2014
"Nice hotel that's close to it all!"
We stayed for three nights at hotel chelsea and loved it! We stayed in room 314 which looked like it was designed for handicapped guests but that didn't affect the comfort too much. The shower was completely open, as in there is no tub or divider separating the toilet or sink, but we found this quite nice regardless. There was no refrigerator in our room but the ice machine sufficed (it's basically in the lobby though). Happy hour wasn't as advertised..we were charged for beers full price even tho it stated they were $4 each however, Our bartender Deborah was quite nice. Overall very decent hotel for the price and the shuttle service was excellent to and from MIA
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
jay
"Lovely hotel with warm reception and staff."
We had such a pleasant stay it felt like home. Gilma helped us with all the answers and interesting times and spots to see. She was wonderful and made our stay such a beautiful one. She is such a wonderful hostess, thank you Gilma.
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
"Over All Nice Hotel"
Great location, overall nice hotel. Had to sleep with windows open because the a/c would froze up and did not work most of the stay. Check the mini bar upon check in because we were shorted $22 worth of items.
Response by Hotel Chelsea
Hello there Dodd, We are grateful for the time you took to share your feedback with us, regarding your recent visit. We are located in the heart of South Beach. Everything you will want to be apart of is right around the corner from us. We hope to see you again soon!
2 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
Dodd
"Convenient, comfortable weekend stay"
Good experience. Convenient location. Staff were not really engaged with people. Quiet.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
The room was ok. The towels contain some hair but the room was clean. Some of the staff did not help to solve problems. E.g. the price contains high speed internet but the WIFI was very bad quality. Could not use to check-in online to our flight. We have to go out 12p.m. to find a free WIFI somewhere. The front desk guy answer: My computer works well. The other front desk guy was ok. The free airport shuttle was positive. Close to the beach.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
Tamas
"Miami soso"
Weird shower in toilet area and bathroom. No curtain or wall. A little noisy and no ice machine. Good location but no parking.
Response by Hotel Chelsea
Hello there Edward, Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us! I am terribly sorry that the bathroom area wasn't your style. We do have a different approach when it comes to our decor. :) We provide ice to all of our guests down in the lobby area. You can simply dial "0" and our bellmen will do the work for you! :)
1 night business trip Oct 27, 2014