All hotels in West Yarmouth, Massachusetts, United States of America
135 Route 28, West Yarmouth, MA, 02673, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

The hotel was comfortable. I liked the fact that we could park right outside our room and didn't have to go up and down any stairs. The inside pool was right down the hall. Vending machine kinda pricy. As far as the room goes the TV is really out dated. But the room was clean. Plenty of towels in the bathroom. They replaced the used towels every morning. We went on the middle of the week so we basically had the pool to ourselves. My 8 year old loved it. The one downside was the hot tub was out of order and my husband was really looking forward to it. So that's why my rating on the facilities is low. Over all we were happy but not ecstatic.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
"Motel good for one-night stay; needs refurbishing"
I stayed here with my daughter for a soccer tourney. The grounds of this motel were very well kept. It's another story when I got inside our room. The room looked like a standard motel room from a LONG TIME AGO: old TV, headboards, bedding. Even though it looked clean, upon closer inspection, it wasn't. There was a dusty, crumb-like substance on the bed, thankfully we had our own blankets and pillows. The bathroom had a wobbly toilet that worked fine. We had to leave the shower curtain partially open (easy to do with the ripped curtain) because it was VERY dark in the GRIMY shower--it was probably best you couldn't see what was happening in the shower. All in all I probably wouldn't stay here again. Glad I didn't pay a lot for this room. In my opinion it's probably okay for a VERY SHORT stay.
Other trip May 29, 2014
I
"Not that good..."
Only stayed Saturday night for Sat / Sun commitment. Key to the door didn't work, refrigerator didn't work, woke up to see the sheets didn't stay in place and I was on the mattress, coffee pot well it worked... I won't be back, I'll try another place in the future... Ohhh, I paid much more than another person I met...
1 night trip May 3, 2014
Ed
front desk very helpful pointing out places of interest and directions to requested locations...room clean and comfortable..i recommend tidewater to my friends.
3 night romance trip Apr 29, 2014
peter schmid
"worth the $$"
1st room was unacceptable front desk moved us to another room that was much better
2 night trip Apr 27, 2014
RP
"Nice trip for Easter weekend."
Very New England look, great a recommending restaurants, Adirondack chairs all over...
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
"Close to Cape Cod Hospital"
The person at front desk was extremely kind, caring and hepfull.It was very cold outside and it was great to have the room all warmed up for us with heaters on. The parking lot was very slippery and could have used more salt applied.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
"very nice"
Off season, great rate, clean, quaint, friendly, breakfast restaurant onsite. (Didn't get to try) nice amenities for all seasons.
1 night trip Mar 19, 2014
Stephen
"Wanted a break near the ocean"
The place was very clean and would be a good take in the summer but for off-season it didn't really offer enough. The restaurant was closed, Hot tub was heating up so you couldn't go in before check out and had to walk the highway to find some entertainment and food. The staff was very accommodating and friendly we just wanted to be in a place where we could, eat, have a drink, go in the hot tub, walk the beach (not near enough) and just kinda stay put. This place is probably perfect for the summer as most of the stuff around it would be open then.
1 night trip Mar 21, 2014
"Nothing stood out"
It was an older hotel in winter hours. Sounded like it would be family friendly in season but just a room w/ a blue bathtub off-season.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
feritae
"Wi-Fi"
The wireless internet offered by the hotel was extremely slow and a real pain to work with. I would not stay there again because of the internet speed.
5 night trip Mar 7, 2014
"Good value for a budget price"
We stayed here while visiting the Cape to attend a birthday party. For the cost, the accommodations were great. They were clean and everything was in working order. We were traveling with an infant so it was especially nice to have a refrigerator in the room and there was space to fit the pack 'n play. This may not be our first choice if we were planning on spending a ton of time in the room, but it was a great place to spend the night without killing our budget. On the down side, my father had the room next to ours and there was a rather heated fight in a neighboring room that kept him awake. And in the morning when we went to check-out, there was a sign that the front desk attendant "would be back in 10 minutes" - whatever that means as there was no indication of what time they left. While it was off season & things weren't crazy busy, this is still very poor customer service. I was not about to stand there for an unknown amount of time with my kids waiting in the car, so I put the keys on the counter and left.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
Front desk staff very nice
2 night trip Mar 7, 2014
"Fine time"
Just had to stay one night while passing through town and getting some things done. Was fine what I needed. Bed was a little on the harder side, but other than that everything was good.
1 night trip Mar 10, 2014
Kristina
"Cape off season"
We arrived early we asked if we could check in and he said yes,he was very accomadating.I liked that the rooms were no smoking.The access to the pool was good.Maid service was good.
Other trip Mar 5, 2014
Pam
Exactly what I was looking for for a 70$ hotel. Basic but clean. Desk manager was EXTREMELY friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again
1 night business trip Mar 1, 2014
Rich
"nice"
Nice lady at late night check in. Clean room. Will stay again if in area
1 night business trip Feb 5, 2014
"Best value on the Cape"
I found the Tidewater Inn to be the best value on the Cape this time of year. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The staff is pleasant and very responsive to special needs. The room rate is a bargain for a traveler with basic needs. I've stayed in other locations while on business here but none come close to the value offered at the Tidewater. I will make this my first choice of lodging whenever I return to the Cape.
2 night business trip Jan 29, 2014
Ed
Everything was great except the TV was do small. Only disappointment Will go back again
1 night family trip Jan 18, 2014
Brandy
"Nice hotel on Main Street."
We arrived at 2 AM in a winter night on tight travel schedule. We got our keys with one phone call. Our room was warm, very clean and pleasant. The beds were comfortable and left at 11 AM rested and refreshed.
Other trip Jan 19, 2014
Archie
"Great Value Motel!"
The Tidewater Inn is a good value place to stay. The rooms while basic are neat and clean. The beds were comfortable. The television was small. While I did not use the swimming pool or jacuzzi, I was told by others who were using them that it was great. There have some arcade games for the kids. I was told there was a ping pong table downstairs of the main building but I did not go looking for it. There is a breakfast and lunch diner on site but is currently closed for the winter. It is a good old fashioned motel, so there are no elevators and you can expect to hear the footsteps of the people staying on the 2nd floor. The location is on a heavily traveled road, so there are plenty of restaurants, and activities to do. The Cape Cod Mall is about 2 miles away. I would say that overall it is a good budget hotel for those who don't want to" break the bank."
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2013
"Decent place"
Good price. Clean enough rooms. Great location. Nice indoor pool.
2 night romance trip Dec 27, 2013
Jones
"Nice room for a very nice price"
No complaints about the room ,clean and comfortable.Very friendly staff.
1 night trip Dec 18, 2013
christine
Older hotel but I would stay again
1 night business trip Dec 15, 2013
I picked this place because I thought expedia would know better. We left after twenty hours. You should know better.
Other trip Dec 10, 2013
"A true bargain"
Not the fanciest hotel ever, but clean and comfortable, and great rates.
2 night trip Dec 5, 2013
Maryellen
"Great for price point"
Great for price point. An older but well maintained motel with staff that obviously cares and is proud of keeping a well maintained facility. 2 things broke during our holiday stay and both were promptly repaired. 1 repair to the jacuzzi, I didn't even think to report, but i noticed the next morning had been repaired. The pool was also conveniently attached to one block of rooms and so although cold outside, we did not need to go outside to get to the pool. A big bonus for a motel.
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
"impressive stay"
Guest services, including front desk, housekeeping ect. Very good. The rooms aremuch nicer than depicted online. Definitly will stay again. ThuThis us my second stay in two weeks.
1 night trip Nov 19, 2013
joe
"Great hotel for money ."
Very nice place to stay, clean, friendly, easy to get around. \Older but kept up nicely, would stay again. Price was terrific.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
Debbie
"I really would go back."
Not a snob, but I definitely have high standards for where I lay my head on vacay. I prefer the 5 stars, but can't always afford, or more often, they just aren't available where our travels are taking us. In this case I wanted an affordable weekend for two friends and me on the cape, and Tidewater seemed to fit the bill. I really went with low expectations. I actually wrote the Tidewater a nice email right before Hotels.com popped up w/ a review request. In a nutshell: Affordable, Convenient, clean, friendly and attentive. The rooms are small, dated, very clean (new carpets and prob new comforters), Grounds are spacious, neat, have indoor and outdoor pools, breakfast on-site, strong coffee, and the young lady who "mans" the grill made the best over-easy eggs. Ever. Staff very attentive, friendly, professional. Location was decent. Typical tourist hotel/restaurant dotted main road but it's only minutes to Hyannis and the ferry to Martha's Vineyard, and just over an hour's drive to P-town. We were there early October and getting around was a breeze. It isn't near beaches and driving would probably be awful so I don't think I'd want to stay here in high season, but It's a great place to go in the off-season.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
Seasoned Traveller
"Reasonable"
The hotel was a good stay. Had a little weird smell, but overall not bad.
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
Nicole
"A great experience."
My friend and I spent a week there. It was clean and the staff very friendly. The breakfast was good at Helen's and reasonably priced. they had lots of tours but they managed them well so if you came the same time they did you didn't have to wait for your breakfast. We would come back there.
Other trip Sep 27, 2013
"nothing extra super but nice"
Comfortable excellent breakfast
2 night trip with friends Sep 20, 2013
Cindy
Family friendly hotel, staff was very helpful, close to everything
5 night family trip Sep 15, 2013
"Good stay"
Close to all center locations. A/C was noisy other than that everything good.
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
selva
"close to the harbor and JFK museum"
Total impression is good, people are friendly
2 night trip Aug 31, 2013
BK
"awesome hotel for cape cod vacation"
This place was great. They were very nice and helpful. Kids went to sleep easily. The real bathtub (rather than a typical hotel tub that seems unsturdy and slippery was a definite plus as was the indoor pool (in addition to the outdoor one), particularly in the rain. There is also a nice playground with sand underneath on the property for kids to play in. Great place for a family vacation with super friendly staff. I wouldn't recommend the diner though. We left after looking at the high prices and low selection without ordering food.
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2013
mom of two girls
"Recent stay"
It was a lovely 2 night stay. I was not exactly find of the indoor pool faculty but was happy with the outdoor facility. They also have a cute little diner onsite that was convenient.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"You get what you pay for"
This hotel was ok for the price. The room was clean but you could tell it was very old. The pool was clean. They have a diner on site that only serves breakfast. It's good for a a quick breakfast but don't expect anything special. I ordered oatmeal and got hot water with a packet of instant oats. The staff was great and friendly. They tried their best to be as helpful as possible. Bottom line: it's fine if you don't plan on spending a lot of time at the hotel and just need a place to sleep
Other trip Aug 31, 2013
Lavina
my wife enjoyed the simple pleasure of looking at the cove. The staff was very helpful.
2 night trip Aug 20, 2013
"Cape Cod convenience"
The Tidewater is convenient to everything on Mid-Cape, just a couple of miles from Hyannis Center and the Cape Cod Mall and close to various restaurants. There's an on-site 50's-themed restaurant for convenience and several other restaurants within walking distance. There's both an indoor and outdoor pool and various beaches are close by. The room was clean and a decent size. Though the TV was not a large flat screen, it did come with cable and all the typical Boston cable stations I'm accustomed to, i.e., most importantly, I was able to watch Red Sox games.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
Brandi
"Good value for location"
Overall our stay was good, the room was clean but dated. There is a small frig, but we had to ask for a microwave that we were initially told would be a $10 per day charge, but in the end were not charged. We had a second floor room which was fine, but the stairs up on the outside walkway were a bit shakey. For the cost and what it is, it's a good place to stay with our young kids (7 and 1). The staff was friendly and accommodating for the most part .
Response by Tidewater Inn
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback on your experience. You did book the economy rooms in the front but we do have more updated rooms in our back building that has interior corridors. Some have sliders leading out to the picnic area and offer nice views of Mill Pond. These rooms a bit more but are perfect for families with small children. Hope to see you again
3 night family trip Aug 19, 2013
Scott M
"good location"
The owners were so arrogant and rued when asked questions. They are in great need of customer service skills. The home made signs in their dinning area were insulting. One of them stated, if you don't want to eat here go some wheres else. The shower area was very dark, I had to leave the curtain half open to let the light in. The entrance door was very hard to open. I went back to the office and notified the female owner, who was bothered that i was unable to push the door open. The next day maintenance fixed it. The entire hotel needs to shut down for a year for an "EXTREME MAKE OVER".......
Response by Tidewater Inn
Sorry about your experience. First a note on the diner: it is a fifties style diner and the signs are professionally made to look "homemade". The sign you mentioned is meant to be something that you would find in a diner in the 50's and not an expression of how we feel. I did check your door and told you that I would have maintenance fix it as soon as possible. I had my husband come to your room to fix the door a short time later and we even purchased some clear curtains after you commented on the darkness. We did try to address every problem as it arose. We do have more updated rooms in the back, but the online special was for the economy rooms in the front.
2 night trip Aug 16, 2013
Never coming back.....
"Nice pools they were clean. Room carpet dirty."
The beds hard and uncomfortable The pool and hot tub was fun.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
"Tidewater"
Friendly people but hotel is dated. No HD tv's. Beds weren't that comfortable and even hard. Place was clean however. Even though non- smoking hotel , people smoking outside their rooms and odor drifted into our room. Probably wont stay there again.
3 night family trip Aug 13, 2013
"Simple but good"
We were not disappointed with our stay at the Tidewater Inn. I was a little afraid because of the low price of the room and having had some bad experiences at other places (around that price), but we were very happy with our stay. The room was spacious and very clean, the front desk was very friendly. We liked that they had 2 pools (indoor and outdoor) as well as a little playground in the back. The beds could have been more comfortable to my taste but we would definitely go there again!
Response by Tidewater Inn
Thank you for your review. We do have more updated rooms at a slightly higher price than the economy room you booked online. However, even though some rooms are more update and offer better views, all rooms are equally clean. Hope to see you again.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2013
Marie
"Nice hotel good price"
Was happy with everything except the diner service. Good size room, 2 pools, close to many apps and activities.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
"very nice hotel"
we wante to stay longer and the owner was very accomodating letting stay in the room longer
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
lisa
"In the middle of many attractions"
Rooms in the front part of the motel are very outdated. The box springs in the room were all full of stains. The vent in the bathroom was loaded with dust and the play area was full of feces of geese and you could not even walk there nor enjoy a picnic in that area.
2 night trip Aug 11, 2013
"Perfect location, close to everything mid cape."
You can tell the owners care about their property. Neat, clean grounds,trimmed view of the bay,beautiful flowers and friendly staff. The office was exceptionally clean and beautifully decorated. Helen's diner and their staff were awesome! Made you feel at home and the food was great (along with the price)! Completely nostalgic and not at all tacky and run down!
Other trip Aug 13, 2013