All hotels in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here529 N Ft. Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33304, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

1.9
    2.3
    1.6
"It's. In need of a major overhaul. Or torn down"
I can't. Believe. It's. still in business. It needs alot of work
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
"Convenient to the beach."
Bed was not made or changed during a 5 night stay! Towels picked up and new towels left on topof toilet. No soap, shampoo, nor glasses provided. Toilet was rather smelly of stale urine. No night staff available in hotel. Area not sufficiently safe after dusk as street light dimmed be regulations for the 'turtles"
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"Good cost/benefit"
Good location in front of the beach and good price. Rooms could be cleaner. My room had cigarette stink.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2014
Pedro
"It was close to the beach. That was nice."
This hotel needs updating badly!. Old phones, tv, and air conditioning. Also, I didn't feel safe because there was a purse snatching right next to the hotel!! They caught the juvenile though, but this put a damper on our night stay. After that, I came to realize that I do not like Fort Lauderdale in general, so I wont be going back to that area of Florida!!
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Like staying in crack house
1 night romance trip Sep 27, 2014
"Never stay again"
This was the worst place I ever stay at the room smell very bad thier was mildew on the wall and the second room they show me was bad very bad the up keep of the place is very horrible the use drywall on the outside to cover a hold where the ac is thier was a third room that they show me it wAs not that great nice staff but place need a lot of tlc.. :( :(
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Kemal
"Worse hotel ever"
Needless to say, I checked out as soon as I went in to see the room. Please make your self a favor and pay an extra $20 or $30 and stay somewhere that is clean and safe for your family. The rooms being advertised are not what you get. They do not maintain the rooms and all the locks are about to fall off. The whole atmosphere of the hotel is sketchy and the service is tremendously horrible. Let me just say that when I arrived the office was close, at 3pm my room was still being cleaned, the people there are not professional at all. I'll never recommend tho hotel, not even to people I dislike. This hotel was a total waste of my money that will not get returned I'm sure.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
Dee
We has homeless and drunks sleeping by the pool.
5 night business trip Sep 3, 2014
"decent"
Hotel was not bad at all and right across the street from the beach, I just wish I knew beforehand about the $100 deposit... and that it would take 5 days to get it back, that was extremely inconvenient, first time ive ever had to do that for a hotel, but besides that everything was fine
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
"Location is GREAT, room - not so much"
I've stayed here before and it's always a hit or miss. I have learned to come prepared. I have to bring my own towels and clorox wipes. The location is ideal, as it's far enough down from the bars to enjoy the beach without it being over crowded. I always have to bring my own mechanism to lock the door, as the doors are remants from other locations it seems. No electronic locks here, simple key style that don't seem they could really keep anyone out if they really wanted to get in. I always have to CLEAN the room before getting comfortable. DO NOT think of walking barefoot, as the floors are often mopped with dirty water.... The water in the showers is decent pressure, but they are hot without issue of running cold. The beds are old and creeky but they are okay enough to go to sleep and not wake up with too many back aches. The service from the front desk is spotty, but often kind and decent. I reported several times that we were only given 2 bath towels for 4 people. We had no hand towels or wash cloths or bath mat. I never received any more. We ended up buying our own. I should have bought a bath mat and sheets. The bar is nice. The service there is friendly too. The wi-fi is non-existent. Our room never received any cleaning service. Again, it was reported but no one ever cleaned our room. I cleaned myself, but at the very least a cleaner shower curtain and a sweeping would have been great.
3 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Sonya
"HORRIBLE"
The hotel should be closed out. conditions on this hotel are horrible, hotel is dirty, the services is extremely bad. This place is disgusting. Air conditioning not good. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
guanera33
"Bad Hotel"
The "hotel" is in a BAD conditions in general. Everything is broken starting from the room door lock, window curtains, toilet handle, bed frames, safe box. In 7 days housekeeping NEVER cleaned my room, NEVER provided clean new towels. 1 small soap with 1 small shampoo for 7 days. The floors were dirty. The hallways stay dirty for days with trash. The bar plays music until late hours at night interrupting sleep hours. Drunk people hangs out in the pool until late at night (2 -3 am) with lots of noises and management doesn't care even if you report it. The pool wasn't cleaned or served with chemicals within 7 days. If you try: Good luck!
4 night business trip Aug 22, 2014
JR
"Horrible place!!!"
Staff was horrible. It took us there hours to get towels and wash cloth. AC never cooled room below eighty degrees. Wall socket sticking out of wall. Rooms were super dirty. Tub black at bottom. Chair was ripped up and the walls and doors were gross too. We had to rig curtain closed because it was ripped everyone could see right in. Staff was rude beyond belief. No iron or coffee maker in efficiency room. When we asked to have AC looked at all we got was attitude. Four person room they leave two towels one was cloth and then question you like you stole their towels when you asked for more???
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Andrea J
"-0"
2 night business trip Aug 17, 2014
R P
"great"
Great, the beach is right across the street.
1 night romance trip Aug 18, 2014
1 night trip with friends Aug 9, 2014
Upset not enough towels
1 night business trip Aug 9, 2014
"Good for a weekend"
My friend and I stayed here for two nights. The hotel is right across the beach, which was very convenient. It's not far from the Olas Blvd, about 10-15minutes walk to the restaurants. Also, they have a bar that it's open late. The rooms are a bit old, but they do the job. Not bad for a 2 night stay.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Bere
"great location, bare minimum"
Location was great, but the hotel is old and the rooms have no, coffee pot, fridge, microwave, or extra towels, blankets etc.
2 night trip Aug 7, 2014
"location is the only plus."
filthy room smelled had mold. Staff was less then friendly on person cell phones while I was checking in. Charged my card for parking handed me the invoice to sign with out telling me what they were doing or asking how I would like to pay the parking fee. if it was going to be more then a one night stay I would have had to leave and find a new hotel.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
It felt like the projects but it was close to the beach which is the main thing i wanted. If u jus need a place to lay your head for a few hours this is the place.
2 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2014
"Terrible experiencie"
This is, probably, the worst hotel I've ever been in United States. Dirty, with the interior doors broken, and I paid for a room with a king bed and at my arrival the said, simply: "sorry, we don't have king beds now". Definitely not recommendable.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
ernestomorales2
"Was better then I thought after I read prior revie"
Upon entering the office to register, I was given a key told to check the room first to see what I was getting into. This right away put my high alert up. The room was ok, no holes in wall or peeling paint like I had seen some people post. The AC worked fine but was very noisy. We were only there 1 night so it was ok but I would not recommend for most people. The stairwell smelled of cigarettes. I was told by the employee in front office she'd rather us see what we were getting so we would not be angry later on. She was very helpful and nice.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
Debbie
"Horrid Service Manager"
Didn't even stay there and service was horrible. They would not let us stay and totally gave me the runaround for everything. Don't book through Expedia, that's their excuse for everything......You want any kind of service there, you have to call Expedia! Manager was too chicken to come out to talk to me after I called them, got bad info, and went there in person to sort out the problem. Everyone who stayed there kept coming in for towels, felt sorry for them.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
"Cancel the vacation"
When i get there they had my reservation but the didn't have room available so they sent me to the hotel next to them which was worst, i don't recommend this place at all...bad experience
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
Yanely
"Right next to the beach!"
Had a great time and enjoyed the beach. Great location, surroundings, atmosphere.
2 night trip Jul 14, 2014
"nightmare"
Never stay at this hotel. I checked in and checked out. The room was nothing like the pictures. The room was filthy the air conditioner did not work. Hotel.com should take this hotel off their website. I don't understand how this hotel passes inspections.
1 night trip Jul 15, 2014
Luis
It was ok, but needs lots of improvement. Ac noisy, doors, bathtub dirty. Front desk people very nice especially Angelica.
2 night family trip Jul 13, 2014
Maru
"no one said anything about a 100.00 deposit"
Located across the beach, great! Paid over the phone a night on credit card. Got there, tropic cay wanted a 100.00 deposit, that i wasnt aware of. No place to park, tropic cay wants 10.00 to park? The customer service was no help, and rude. No coffee, only a coffee vending machine, The bar staff was great. The rooms are not at all what i expected. No, i wouldn't stay again.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"Close to the beach."
The room was falling apart! The walls had holes in them & full of rust. The telephone was broken and the A/C barely cooled. The floor was extremely dirty and the ice machine was full of mud! Horrible hygiene! Would NOT return!
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
"It's not looking like the pictures on the internet"
I canceled the reservation when I got there. The receptionist was great. She understood my points of view! Great customer service!
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
"Hell hole"
Had to kick door open and no ac room was 85degrees bathroom dirty condom in shower
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Just Fine for the Money"
Would stay there again. Not fancy but adaquate.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2014
Jim L
The worst
1 night trip Jun 26, 2014
"This place is just awful."
I had to sleep in my clothes because the sheets and pillow cases looked so dirty. The door barely closed, the ac hole was boarded up, light in the bathroom went out 20 min after we settled in. The tv looked like it was from 1995 with static almost on every channel. We did have a nice ocean view, that was really the only positive. There is no parking devoted to the hotel and you will be directed to a nearby dirt lot that is going to be full. Overall this place is dirty and awful.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Budget travelor
"Close to the beach. But a more of a crash pad"
Very close to the beach. Bathroom door wouldn't close. Pictures used online are misleading to actual rooms. Good place for a crash pad. Not a get away hotel.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
"great location horrible Hotel"
I recently booked this hotel for a one night stay I checked in approximately 7:30 at night and at about 1030 that same night I checked out due to the cleanliness of the hotel and the poor customer service from the stuff I was unable to spend the entire night so if you're looking for a getaway in the Fort Lauderdale area great location make sure It's not at the Tropical Cay
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Rob
"nasty"
the worst experience I have ever encountered. The hotel was a disgusting disgrace! never again will I stay at the tropic cay resort! I would sleep in my car first, it would definitely be cleaner!!!
1 night family trip May 25, 2014
Tina D
"Need to update. But clean"
The rooms need to up date. Not enough towels. Have to pay for parking. Beds need to up date. The staff was kind. The location and view was great. It was right in front of the beach. But badly needed updating. The AC was not central but a window unit.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
D
Facilities need upgrade. Rooms need functional microwaves.
2 night romance trip May 23, 2014
"Awesome location"
You cannot beat the location...across the street from the beach... My room was not bad for the price... hotel front desk people were very nice...i know some people have said this is a bad place but what do you expect for 72.00 a night in that location? The Ritz Carlton is 3 blocks away for 700.00 a night...
Other trip May 24, 2014
Daisy
"Location was excellent but that is about it......"
Room was outdated and dirty. Shower overflowed and leaked out into room- they wouldn't even give us extra towels to soak it up. Directly across from the beach.. we were there for a music fest and the location of this hotel was good, but hotel itself was very dirty and the quality of people lurking around at night was almost scary. Staff at desk for check in was a very friendly guy, at check out was a very rude gal.
Other trip May 23, 2014
Traveler
"Girls Weekend"
Hotel is ok, you get what you pay for. Night staff when you check in great, day staff horrible, extremely rude. Make sure you bring your own towel they will not give you an extra one. Great location, easy to get around. would stay again, because really how much time do you stay in your room and the location is great.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Sunshine
"Nice location but needs a lot of attention"
The room was old but clean. The facility was in need of repair and a lot of upgrading. Bar was old and rustic. Music played loud and was rap and R&B instead of Caribbean or Jimmy Buffet type for vacationers. Played until 2:AM and people were loud.
Other trip May 16, 2014
Mario
"Close to the beach but too duty!"
The hotel is simple, and I knew that. I liked because of its location, but the room was horrible. They could at least cleaned the room. I think they should trow every furniture in the garbage and stays only with the bed and make the room clean. I couldn't believe when I saw a whole chair with mold inside of the room. Disappointed :-/
Other trip May 11, 2014
Bia
"Hotel Room"
I booked the hotel room and I seen a picture and I liked it, we get there and it is not the same room. The paint was chipping off the walls. It was dirty. There was no ice available at all in the whole hotel. It was a terrible disappointing place to stay. We booked a room with a kitchenette and refrigerator. We got nothing but a double bed when we needed one. No kitchenette. It was the wrong room. That was complete false advertisement. I would recommend people make sure that they are getting the room in which they purchased. What a terrible room to call nice. It was so far from nice. Everything was so ran down. Never again!! Very loud there was a bar right down stairs and it was so extremely disappointing at how people were yelling and drunk all over the place. There were unappropriate behavior throughout the whole hotel. People leaving curtains open and us actually seeing people walking around their rooms naked. Gross. Not what I intended on seeing.
Other trip May 8, 2014
Tamra
"YIKES!!!!"
This place is a total dive! In DESPERATE need of maintenance. The room was pretty nasty... torn curtains, dirty walls, smelled like mildew, rotting/warped bathroom door, dirty grout... overall just grungy. Glad it was only for 1 night. No elevator so if your bags are heavy, plan on hauling them upstairs. Staff doesn't seem to really care about the condition. If you are looking for a nice Ft. Lauderdale experience, avoid, avoid, AVOID! If all you're looking for is a cheap place to crash for a night, well at least its got AC LOL!
1 night trip Apr 28, 2014
Drew
"Last minute staycation"
Looking for a weekend the party at the beach last minute so saw a dealt or tropical cay. I read all the reviews and wasn't sure what I was going to get. But overall the place was clean and that's all I was concerned about. The bar was cool and location was awesome. It's no hilton but if you need somewhere to rest our head after a long day of sun and drinking it's perfect.
2 night trip May 2, 2014
Heidi
"No way!"
There is nothing good to say about this hotel besides the location. Being across the street from the beach you'd think they would try to make it look decent. When we pulled into the parking lot, we knew it wasn't going to be a good experience. The girl at the front desk didn't even greet us when we walked in. Then another staff girl was talking about "goin to get smokes"! Seriously!? Not to mention it was so hot in the lobby that when asked if the air was broken, the front desk girl replied (with an attitude) "no, it's not & no, it's not hot in here!" When given our key, we were also given 2 free drink coupons for the bar by the pool. My guess is to intoxicate the guests so the rooms don't appear to be that bad! We walked up a dirty urine smelling stairway to our room. Entered the room & immediately blasted with hot musky air with an a/c unit being held up by a piece of wood over the entrance door. I had to stand on a very dusty dirty couch chair to turn it down for cool air. The sheets were stained. The bathroom was gross & the entire room had cob webs in the corners. I asked for a refund within 10 minutes of being there. There is no way I could recommend this place to anyone I know.
1 night trip with friends May 2, 2014